[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 20170714-212801_orig.jpg (76 KB, 1067x800)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
Considering buying a paramotor. Worth it? Best model for beginners? Quick course enough to start solo flying comfortably?
>>
>>64133
They are fun, I use them as a skydiver when I wanna toot around, but it can get old after a while
>>
It's very worth it, get parajet and AVOID dogshit companies like Blackhawk.
Nirvana is a good one too. Anything south African is good.
>>
File: 74554745.png (120 KB, 452x386)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
>>64133
do not buy a paramotor first. start paragliding and learn on the beach/dunes. you should ideally have 10 hours of ground handling before you attempt a big mountain flight. please please please learn mitsos. honestly so cringe seeing how some people kite their gliders. they just thrash it around with the brakes. and you can't do anything about it because everyone is 40 and extremely type A.
>>
>>64133
I like paragliding because it feels like I'm flying.
>>
>>64133
>solo
be sure to always have a cam running properly
we want to see the video of the crash
>>
>>72012
Retarded take
>>
>>79960
retarded take to be able to control your glider? you must be one of those retards that gets dragged across the field on a windy day
>>
File: 1575178500770.jpg (184 KB, 1200x1200)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>>64133
How dangerous is that shit compared to like basejumping or flying ultralights/gliders? Surely it would be safer than ultralights because of the parachute thing.

Also should this dude have been using oxygen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1Z8YT6w7Rc
>>
>>64133
What's the morality rate of paramotoring?
>>
>>64133
Bumping because this looks fun. Does it get boring quick?
>>
>>72012
Mitsos?
>>
They glide
>>
>>84584
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mitsos+reverse
>>
>>83778
they're safer than motorbikes and bicycles
>>
>>84013
how can flying up 17k feet , above clouds anywhere you want get boring?
>>
>>64133
Ok
>>
>>64133
Ok
>>
>>83778
morality rate ?
better than killing a prostitute that's for sure
>>
I sometimes wonder about things like this. Where is it legal to use them? Do you need training? Will you accidentally get in the way of planes?
>>
Get one thats light, has a clutch(that's a must) get training before you comit to buying anything and get plenty of ground handling in on an A wing (with instruction) enjoy and know your local air law.
>>
>>92438
In the states you can fly unlicensed and untrained. You can even fly higher legally than ultralights.
>>
File: fire place barbie.webm (403 KB, 370x268)
403 KB
403 KB WEBM
bump
>>
Extremeeeee

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.