[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 44 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: r.jpg (13 KB, 300x168)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
I mean how fucking cool is rally racing?
>>
group b boy
>>
File: 1629237987019.jpg (1018 KB, 3040x2008)
1018 KB
1018 KB JPG
>>
Extremely cool.
>>
THE most based motorsport
>>
File: download (1).jpg (27 KB, 474x266)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
Nyoooowwwnnnnn!!!! Vrmmmmm!!! Bwapsshhhh!!!
>>
>>62949
more like group Based
>>
>>63596
Based
>>
i think its scary
>>
File: groupBfingers.jpg (70 KB, 1388x708)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>
Any streaming links for today's Acropolis Rally? It's in about 3 hours
>>
>be kid in the 90s
>watching rally cars zoom down narrow dirt tracks, flanked by spectators that only have a plastic ribbon stopping them from going onto the track... or the car going into them
>watch footage of group b
>cars launching off a crest, heading towards a landing where spectators have already crowded about 80% of the actual road the car is supposed to be going down in a few seconds
The cars are awesome, the sport is awesome, but the fans are some of the dumbest cunts you'll ever see.
>>
>>66429
FIA are cunts, so no.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCtBJOFsHe0
>>
There is a game yall need to check out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqblwMoLrM
>>
>>67424
>top down
Why bother when RBR and DR2.0 still exist
>>
>>67429
because it focuses on the history of rally, and group b. And its a damn fantasic handling model.

Also its zen as fuck, and great to just zone out and drive.
>>
>>67429
Its done this way intentionally so you can see whats up ahead without needing any co driver or arrows, you just drive. And its easily one of the best top down racer, and you can change the camera angle if it really bothers you that much.
>>
>>67429
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSsf3NP9tnU
>>
https://youtu.be/iSI7Uau3dd0
>>
>>62385
It's ok I guess. My dad really likes it.
>>
yes, but only if it's real rally. not impressed with the red bull big corp racers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4Mi29XpGKw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdBuwzRAEAw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ztg-B6v6rQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi0zUQLwcQE
>>
nothing compared to f1
>>
>>68909
f1 has nothing on rally, f1 is all on closed race tracks with perfectly smooth and predictable road surfaces. There is nothing predictable about a rally course. F1 has never had a group B either. Also the cars are fuck ugly.
>>
>>68884
good post
>>
>>67440
why are the crowds black
>>
>>69177
so its okay if you run them over
>>
File: 1519485591548.jpg (87 KB, 640x633)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>69305
>>
File: R5Turbo.jpg (84 KB, 1265x977)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>66437
who cares? it's cool. If you die you die and getting hit by a lancia is a better way to go out than most.

>>62949
How do we bring it back, bros?
>>
File: hat man.jpg (83 KB, 835x662)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>68884
has this fucking madman invented a time machine and only using it to be there for every single rally car crash?
>>
>>62385
pretty cool but it's definitely not an extreme sport
>>
File: 1413079333614.jpg (656 KB, 1920x1280)
656 KB
656 KB JPG
>>69520
i beg to differ
also amateur rallying is one of the extremest shit you can realisticly do
>>
>>69335
Onions
>>
>>69478
Couldn't give a fuck about the outcome for the spectators, but those drivers have to live with it. Imagine having that guilt because some spastic got in your way.
>>
>>62385
>>>/o/
>>
>>70394
spectators knew what they were getting into
besides, you can always just tell the driver, after he wakes up in the hospital, that all those people he tumbled over are fine.

Besides, I think group B was the absolute best display of man and his machine vs nature.
>>
>>69489
I mean, wouldn't you?

Pretty sure he's just a marshal tho.
>>
File: Very.jpg (145 KB, 1836x1054)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
Very
>>
>>70409
>besides, you can always just tell the driver, after he wakes up in the hospital, that all those people he tumbled over are fine.
Kek.
>>
>>68909
yeah i guess if you dreaming about hamiltons cock the entire race. give me michelle mouton sending it in a quattro s1 any day
>>
>>63501
wababababababababwaahhhhhhhhhh
>>
File: Lancia-Delta-Intergrale.jpg (258 KB, 1280x720)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
COMING THRU BITCHES
>>
>>68930
>what is catalunya?
>>
>>69478
>How do we bring it back, bros
You don't. WRC is the currently the fastest it has ever been. Even GrpA was faster than GrpB. The reality of the situation is that GrpB is that it's enjoyed for the sheer hubris of it. There's nothing fancy about sticking a 500+bhp engine to a plastic chassis and going vroom. The sheer bravery or stupidity of the drivers back then was something else. The closest you'll get today is amateur rally teams doing effectively the same shit.
>>
>>71175
okay I would be fine if they just had spectators stand on the course again honestly, the car doesn't even matter, it could be a geo metro for all I care
>>
>>71184
this, its gotten too safe, people aren't allowed to endanger themselves. crowds used to stand on the roads with zero barriers, now everyone has to stand behind a string, or else you're forced to leave the area.
>>
Is there any way to watch the events live? It seems like all I can find are highlight videos (which is maybe best suited for rally) but it'd be cool to throw it on in the background.
>>
>>73916
keep an eye on speed channel and espn, sometimes they broadcast. Can also see what parts of the world events are happening in, and see if you can get ahold of their local channels.
>>
>>69489
Hes a legend when it comes to Finnish rally.
>>
>Yes group b was great era, but so is modern.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu8SBZrdoRA
>>
File: Rally-WRC.webm (659 KB, 626x360)
659 KB
659 KB WEBM
>>69478
>How do we bring it back, bros?
The modern WRC completely blow Group B cars away on a special stage. Even Group A cars at the end of the 80's were posting faster stage times than Group B. Group B cars had huge amounts of horsepower, but were a total handful and struggled to use all that power effectively. Modern WRC cars have around 380 horsepower, but with their modern drivetrain, transmission, suspension, and aero they can maximise it all and produce incredibly fast times. The only thing group B is faster at is straight top speed.

The FIA needs a better marketing team, they could put a WRC compilation on TV/the internet with Eurobeat music. Sell the competition better, it's lacking more manufacturers and coverage.
>>
>>75137
>video related
okay see this is cool as fuck all I really wanna see is no guardrails and spectators on the track. I still think group B had it beat with the crowds of people parting for the cars and also, '80s cars looked way cooler than new ones do.
>>
File: 1200px-LanciaRally037.jpg (221 KB, 1200x758)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
>>75178
>'80s cars looked way cooler than new ones do.

That is indeed true
>>
I wish the modern regulations became less strict, and the cars wouldn't all be hatchbacks.
>>
>>75195
i miss this mf like u wouldnt believe
>>
>>75137
FIA has a better marketing team, they're the ones assigned to F1.

I do agree that WRC has gotten kind of stale though. There's only a handful of manufacturers now, and they all make basically the same fucking car. It just Ford, Hyundai, and Toyota all throwing out the same little hatchback. How boring.

I miss Subaru and Mitsubishi going at it.
>>
>>75279
>f1
>marketing team
F1 is currently reliant on ticket sales rather than viewership and has been for a few years now. For sports, that is a bad sign. Regardless, viewership has gone up over the last year, but I'm pretty sure that's only because of Verstappen/Hamilton and they'll see another viewer slump as next season progresses. FIA fucking sucks at market expansion and has almost exclusively relied upon historical markets and word of mouth which is awful as their current demographic is either dying off or losing interest.
>>
File: michele-mouton.jpg (374 KB, 2000x1250)
374 KB
374 KB JPG
>>70477
>give me michelle mouton sending it in a quattro s1 any day
a man of taste
>>
>>68930
actually incorrect. At the same time that Group B happened, F1 had their first turbo era. The cars were very similar to Group B in their safety systems - i.e. none - while using small I4 engines with absolutely giant turbos, making 1300 bhp and using fuel that was called gasolene but was closer to rocket fuel. Like, it had 100 ictane, sure, but it smelled like paint thinner and was handled with extreme care.

During this time, they were still permitted to run one engine and turbo for qualifying and another for the race, and those qualifying cars were fucking nuts. 1300 bhp, no ABS, no ESP, no ground effect allowed, what even is a monocoque?

The engine and turbo for qualifying usually lasted about 2.5-3 laps. After you did your haot lap, you'd baby the car home because if you didn't, the engine would explode. Mostly the crank straight up being thrown through the oil pan because of the air pressure the turbo would create when at full speed, creating enough force on the crank bearings for the entire thing to just break.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.