[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 97 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: palm2.jpg (29 KB, 600x600)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
So how effective are palm strikes?
>>
>>56666
Checked, they open up different hand striking paths when you only have wraps on or nothing at all. For instance, they can smack the side of a person's head to debilitate them, whereas your knuckles would likely break. This is assuming you have perfect technique, of course, otherwise you might just be injuring yourself in a different way. Worth training imo
>>
>>56666
They suck compared to most other options
>inb4 muh bas rutten
Listen to him talk about his striking, he doesnt palm strike he forearm strikes
>>56676
Or you could just hammer fist and get a much better result
>>
>>56666
Works well as a sort of upper cut to the jaw or as a straight to the jaw but should lack power compared to other options like the mentioned >>56679 forearm punch
>>
>>56679
>just having an argument with himself
. . .
keep going . . .
>>
>>56710
I posted >>56676, >>56679 is pretty much correct. I learned palm strike as using the red highlighted part in op's pic (the forearm bone) so it was really my misunderstanding of what we were talking about.
>>
>>56666
Checked.
As >>56676 mentioned they can be useful in certain situations but overall they're a bit niche. Admittedly I've never seen someone super proficient in doing palm strikes attempt to use them in a real fight from standing. Which reminds me of a lesson I learned when I went surfing: "You see how there are no surfers out there right now? That means don't go. We have professional surfers here in Hawaii, if they're not out on the water it means it's not safe. Because if it was safe they'd be out there."
When it comes down to it if you can learn a trick that does something in an unorthodox way and get good at it, you can usually land it once or twice in a fight.
I have to reiterate I've never seen someone even attempt it off the top of my head. There's a reason no one is doing it. This means there's a strong possibility that it's a bad idea to do it.
Of course, it could be fighters learned not to do this because it seems to me it'd be a hell of a lot easier to do an accidental eye poke and get disqualified. But if it was just as effective as a punch or more so, then we would quite frankly see someone doing it sooner or later.
The fact that we don't seems to me indicative of how it's a bad idea. That and with how your hands get wrapped up for a fight, you really would have a hard time bending them in that way in general, which is another reason we likely don't see them in combat sports really.
So possibly slightly more use in a street fight but I really don't think so.
>>
>>56666
[spoiler]the the b[/spoiler]
>>
>>56711
No, you misunderstand. I just want to watch you have an argument with yourself.
>>
Better for hitting above the eye line than a closed fist.
>>
>>56666
That pic looks like how autistic kids reach for their toys as kids. Palm strikes? This isn't fucking naruto, that's just the autists way of defending the territory they shat on.
>>
Pretty good
>>
>>
>>56666
They're a plan B of sorts if you want to defend yourself vs assaulting someone and crippling your knuckles in the process if you don't have mma or boxing gloves on.

Sumo has open palm strikes as well as the old Prancase submission fighting association
>>
>>57257
Can’t the knuckle damage be avoided by precision punching (below eyebrows, in front of ears) and mixing in other weapons like elbows since most people can’t defend properly anyway? Also you could seek body shots if you’re proficient.
>>
>>56679
>Listen to him talk about his striking, he doesnt palm strike he forearm strikes
That's just semantics. He's still doing a palm strike, just hitting more towards the heel part where it's more bony. Hence the full name of palm-heel strike.
>>
>>57355
To answer, yes knuckle damage can mostly be avoided by striking the proper areas, such as below eyebrow level etc, but the keyword here is "mostly". Sometimes stuff happens and you hit the forehead, and as a result your knuckles would stand a high risk of being compromised.

One of the best arguments for palm strikes is that its way less likely to have some freak accident and hurt yourself
>>
They are the only strike you can use full force with and hit something hard without breaking your hand when striking bareknuckle.

No amount of conditioning or refinement of technique will ever allow you to use your full force in a punch bare without significant risk of hand injury. Don't get me wrong, punching is great, including bare, but you always have to hold back and snipe with your punching when hitting bare. Which unless you are really on and have the other guys number isn't the most realistic thing in the world. Lots of movement, adrenaline going, etc,
Meanwhile with a little conditioning the palm heel can be used to deliver full force blows to any part of the head without fear or hesitation.
Palm heals have their disadvantages sure, but they are something I know I can depend on and have in the past used to defend myself successfully.

Hell, the ottiman slap has been the back up plan of being unarmed against someone with a helmet for hundreds of years. So it's got some history of working in even extreme circumstances.
>>
>>56666
are elbow strikes the most effective for damage?
>>
>>58248
What do you mean by most effective and what do you mean by damage?
>>
>>58327
i want higher impact and more damage with out hurting myself
>>
>>58327
damage as in knocking someone out fast.
>>
>>58375
Yeah I mean elbows are cool. Obviously you don't have much reach with them so they're not interchangeable with punches or palm strikes at all.
>>
>>58374
You can, and I have, busted my elbow from hitting too hard with it. while you can use your elbow to bludgeon and knock someone out its best use is more like as a blade with which to cut their face open.
>>
File: RushingSuplex.gif (914 KB, 500x211)
914 KB
914 KB GIF
>>58375
It can be done but I wouldn't call it most effective.
It's not common to be used for knockouts for a reason. Limited range and much shorter acceleration compared to more conventional blows.
>>
>>58485
true. it's more of a ground strike, or when things are close enough, just before someone goes down. i'm too afraid to punch, i know i'll break a knuckle or fuck my wrist up.
>>
>>58486
Practice with proper technique and strength training help a lot when it comes to throwing a good punch and not hurting your wrist.
Breaking a knuckle is more of a concern for those that can already deliver a fuck ton of force to their punches but just aren't used to doing it without hand wraps and gloves.
If you can't even throw a punch without hurting your wrist I really wouldn't worry about breaking a knuckle.
>>
>>58375
When I used to fight I was quite "blessed" with a very strong chin. As far as it goes an elbow to the face is some serious pain involved. Punched in the face was normally not so bad. Kicked in the face was bad depending on who threw it. A competent person doing it that got pretty bad pretty fast.
But some of the absolute most jarring shots I've eaten have been from knees to the face. Just one of those you're in serious danger. Properly locking someone up in the dominant position in the clinch and then pulling them down into it or catching them while they're coming down into a takedown is where you'll find the most damage from it.
>>
File: numbers.jpg (11 KB, 248x249)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>56666
Recurring numbers spotted
>>
>>56666
Less chance of injury but also less striking force because you're using a larger surface. But then again boxers have an easy time knocking peeps out and I pretty sure the surface of a glove is bigger than your palm.
>>
>>58692
Forgot... I know this would only be a difference of milliseconds but I suppose palm strikes might be advantageous if your strike is leading to some kind of grapple.
>>
>>57358
Wasn't Bas only palm striking because the rules wouldn't let him use a closed fist?
>>
>>57248
>>57252
them cheeks
>>
>>58755
Yeah, but he's gone on record saying that the palm strike is useful in any kind of bareknuckle situation, not just the weird rules of early Pancrase. His footage shows that you can get quite a bit of power and ko potential out of palm strikes. They aren't just martial arts fiction or a rule workaround. Whether or not they're a better option than a fist in bareknuckle isn't settled though. In modern bareknuckle revival you don't see them but that sport is full of low skill reckless, insane people who frankly aren't good enough for mainstream combat sports. The really technical guys aren't going to fight bareknuckle, they're going to go to the UFC or Glory and make a shitton more money. So we haven't had a great test of them just yet.
>>
>>58846
>low skill reckless, insane people who frankly aren't good enough for mainstream combat sports.
I saw Josh Barnett in a bareknuckle match. He just fought with his usual clinch-heavy dirty-boxing striking style, using his bare knuckles.
>>
>>57248
Fighting is easy. Just be 140kg+ and slap the shit out of your opponent.
>>
>>56666
Only used by the most deadliest badass martial artists to ever live
>>
>>57257
Nice
>>
>>58859
That’s because Josh Barnett does whatever the fuck he feels like. He’s the exception, not the rule
>>
File: 09698251.jpg (27 KB, 450x329)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>57248
>>57252
Should have posted this as the superior example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8bsDhpoU8M
>>
>>56666
Niche; has its uses. You're better off just punching someone though.
>>
>>60007
Yeah
>>
>>56666
not that good, you risk injuring your carpal bones.
>>
>>59616
Not at all. He hits Shamrock in the forehead several times with his palm and wonders why there is no effect. Stupid, really.
>>
>>57355
Nowadays, yes. But back in the day, there were plenty of bare knuckle boxers that broke their hands because their opponent purposefully moved to take the punch above the browline. I could see how palm strikes would be a good tool to get around that.
>>
>>56666
PALM STRIKES ARE A MEME
>>
>>61073
In a way all techniques that have stuck around are a meme, including punching.
>>
consecutive palm strikes do more damage then punches.
>>
>>61377
Neji go home you're dead
>>
>>58846
>Whether or not they're a better option than a fist
Eastern martial arts who advocate for pal strikes always have some sort of toughening regimen for that area, like iron palm. Without that they are definitely a lesser options to fists although they might avoid breaking your knuckles in someone's skull
>>
>>61524
If someone learned to use palm strike without conditioning it would sting quite a bit but if their technique is good they are very unlikely to ever do serious damage.
Someone could have perfect technique and do years of knuckle conditioning and still easily break their hand if they punch the wrong part of the head with a good amount of force.

The conditioning involved in palm strikes is just to reduce sensitivity so that it doesn't sting and thus more force and be delivered without hesitating.
Similar to shin conditioning by kicking the heavy bag. It doesn't cause any structural change, it just conditions the nerves so that you adapt to the stimulus of your shin hitting things. Thus you won't hesitate due to anticipation of pain.

The mechanics of a proper palm heal strike will not break anything no matter how hard the surface.
Someone could throw a full force, full body weight palm heal strike to a concrete column and do no damage at all to their hand.
Attempting a similar feat with a punch would almost certainly cause great injury to all but those with with near supernatural levels of conditioning and technique.
>>
>>61504
I don't get the reference.
>>
>>61614
>Someone could throw a full force, full body weight palm heal strike to a concrete column and do no damage at all to their hand.
How does that work kinetically? Explain that to me.
>>
>>61618
Dude, I am going to level with you.
I can't do that. I am a martial artist first and foremost.
While I have studied a bit about body mechanics and the like, and know some of the theories and a little science behind the stuff, I can not do a full kinetic academic breakdown.
What I can do is palm strike a concrete column full force while I know full well I can't punch one.
Probably something to do with force distribution, direction of bone growth, larger bones Vs. the little thin bones of the hand, etc.
>>
>>61616
Neji is a character from the anime/manga Naruto.
He comes from a clan that uses palm strikes a lot, and he often fights using them in rapid succession.
He dies towards the end of the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5N6oNFReIw

The post doesn't make sense because, as I'm just realizing now, I meant to quote >>61460 which is the post directly below yours.
I apologize.
>>
Bas Rutten seems to like using them to fuck people up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm0SyEqc7ns
>>
>>61788
So the video showed him landing with the b9ny part right next to the thumb when attacking the sides?
>>
>>60819
Shamrock was trying to bait him into throwing a fist which would have been a DQ or at least points taken off
>>
>>56679
>muh Bas Rutten
>>
>>63543
Yes
>>
>>56713
What about bare knuckle?
>>
>>61614
>Similar to shin conditioning by kicking the heavy bag. It doesn't cause any structural change, it just conditions the nerves so that you adapt to the stimulus of your shin hitting things.
>doesn't cause any structural change

tell me you've never done muay thai without telling me
>>
File: 1609813928796.gif (170 KB, 460x307)
170 KB
170 KB GIF
You can put more energy into a palm strike than a fist. A well placed palm strike can even cause more internal damage than a fist.

The downside? You loose a decent amount of reach. Your fingers are exposed and can be hyper extended if poorly placed.

Palm strikes are great and can send more of a ripple of energy through your enemy. You can also give it 100% power. It can also save your thumbs and fingers from damage. Which would not be a good thing, mid fight when your hands aren't wrapped.

Think about how good a palm hook would feel on someones jaw! Compared to having someones cheek bone split the tendons in your knuckles.
>>
>>56679
Pretty sure the federation he fought in the most banned closed fists to the head
>>
>>
>>64745
is this the one where the guy died
>>
>>64747
no this is
>>
>>65146
Did he break his neck? How did he die?
>>
>>56666
I could see a palm up at the nose being effective. Where I go have gotten us to do palm strikes on rare occasions.

End of the day the palm is a nice squishy bit of meat. A fist would hurt more, but then maybe there are situations where you are more worried about protecting your wrist from damage. Not sure what those situations would be, if you are learning to fight you would know how to make a fist properly and be somewhat conditioned.

Forearm strikes are good, but not sure I understand the comparison some people are making, a palm would replace a fist in a jab/cross kinda strike, forearm strikes are more like a haymaker or more simply using your arm like a fucking bat.
>>
>>65178
In the immediate aftermath, he had a concussion and possibly a neck injury (which was exacerbated by the lack of/poor quality of first aid). Officially, he died of acute respiratory failure while recovering in the hospital about a month after the match.
>>
>>64683
i haven't done muay thai but thought they cause structural change by kicking things a lot harder than heavy bags? Like beating their legs with sticks and bottles and kicking fucking trees
>>
>>65233
Yeah they deaden the nerves on the shin and harden the bones. I've heard it's not as destructive as hand conditioning because there are no small bones and cartilage in the shin but it seems like it results in joint damage on the knee.
>>
>>65235
I mean I wouldn't have thought you'd have to kick something so hard that it would put that much strain on your knee? I used to crack my shins with kali sticks for conditioning. Not enough force to put strain on my knee. Definitely helped me tolerate pain a lot better but I haven't lost my sense of touch on my chin so don't think my nerve endings are deadened. I figured it was more a case of my brain learning Im a fucking idiot and not processing the pain signal the same way. Not that I'm that tough, just tougher than I was.
>>
ok let's say you're on a boat and it sinks and you're swimming around in open water and the only other survivor is some guy you don't like and you can't make him bleed because the sharks will show up and you don't want to choke him out because he will just pretend to be choked out then swim away underwater so you have to knock him out and you can't cut yourself either. At that point palm strikes to the side of the head/jaw to knock him out would be good.

In fact, forget about the boat if you're trying to knock someone out a palm strike is not a horrible idea, but knocking people out isn't exactly easy. If you have small hands and the dude has a big ass head, good luck knocking him out. Likewise, a punch may put your hand in danger but if you have a small head and the dude has big hands you're getting knocked tf out
>>
>>65240
I don't know for sure. I've just heard anecdotally that nak muay have fucked up knees after years conditioning. Could be a completely different cause.
>>
>>57252
>>57248
>tfw perfect body structure and centre of gravity for sumo
>can only apply to join a stable if you're 23 or younger
>>
>>58232
>Meanwhile with a little conditioning the palm heel can be used to deliver full force blows to any part of the head without fear or hesitation.
What does this conditioning entail? Is there a qigong for it?
>>
>>65245
why are you obsessed with hand size? That's not where you are generating force. Bigger hand does not equal bigger punch. Even if you are talking a haymaker, a big hand isn't going to have that much extra mass.

That's some next level retard shift
>>
>>65274
I've never encountered a tard like you. Hand and head size definitely matters. Tf is wrong with you lol. Yes palm strikes are safer so you can hit harder. That's why you see that big fat guy knocking people out with slaps because there's almost no visible difference between a slap and a swinging palm strike

But that guy could also knock you out with a regular punch, assuming you don't have a big ass head
>>
>>65350
Explain to me how hand and head size matter, but explain using some thread of logic and not just repeating it like you're having a retard fit.

The force and impact behind a punch is generated by nearly all the muscles in your body. For a jab or cross I'd hazard to guess your chest, shoulders and core would generate the majority of the force with the glutes,quad and back muscles stabiliizing.

For hooks and uppercuts the focus would may be on your core, gluets and quad and less on chest and shoulders.

That force behind the punch is transmitted through your fist. Doesn't matter how big your fist the force through it is the same. If you are suggesting a smaller fist will fail , you are retarded. Even if you are bareknuckle brawling all that force will be transmitted via a small area on your fist maybe first couple of knuckles.

Don't know what special ed bus you fell off, I'd suggest you find a boxer with small hands to prove this to yourself with. Probably a fucking flat earther
>>
Bump
>>
>>65205
Reminds me of when I was playing football the refs would not call facemask if it was the forearm touching. I would sweep upwards with my forearm under the face mask and lift so the head is back and then I had nearly full control of them.
>>
>>65205
a forearm strike is a palm heel strike? it's what bas rutten does at the base of the palm, not swinging it like a club lmao
>>
File: 1618126060187.jpg (635 KB, 1536x2048)
635 KB
635 KB JPG
Can confirm Palm strikes when done well allow hard strikes with unusual placement that fucking hurt bad. I still prefer elbows though.
>>
>>56666
They are effective and have the benefit of not breaking your hand as easily but you lose reach and power as well compared to punching
>>
>>56666
They are effective but with knuckles turned over like that you have a chance of fucking up your knuckles. You want your fingers bent and slightly back. You are hitting where your bone meets your palm. Check bas rutten for a good example.
>>
File: 4chan pikkkle.jpg (8 KB, 200x214)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>56666
if life was a vidia game
>plam strike
description: tired of your charicter being staggered when punching bicker hemits or punching thrue materials?
this perk will atomaticly change the antimation when in such snerios
>>
>>65233
Having trained with and talked to dozens of people who do muay thai, including several who trained and competed in Thailand, I can say that the overwhelming majority of practitioners/fighters don't do that.
Also people kicking down trees are kicking down banana trees which are a lot softer then a normal tree.

And no, the kicking hard things doesn't harden the bones. The road work and weight lifting hardens the bones, because wolf's law n shit. The direction of stress when shin kicking things isn't the proper kind of stimulus to cause bone growth or a increase in density.
>>
>>65267
The hands are senstive and palm striking something hard stings/hurts despite not causing damage.
The conditioning is mostly to reduce the sensitivity by slowly increasing your tolerance to the feeling of your palm heel hitting something.
Usually it's as simple as palm striking stuff regularly with good form. Adding additional force or striking harder stuff as you slowly progress. Few months of regular practice and you can probably palm strike concrete bricks in half or hit someone straight to the forhead and be able to shrug off the sting as mild but tolerable discomfort. A year of regular training and there isn't a lot you wouldn't be able to palm strike a full or close to full force that would cause more then mild discomfort to no pain at all.
Even with no conditioning a palm strike can be used effectively. Just stings like a bitch if you aren't used to it, which could cause hesitation and holding back.
Once you teach the brain and nerves to handle it then there will be no hesitation or subconscious holding back because you trained even the little lizard part of the brain that it's fine and won't actually cause damage (at least if you are using good form) so any pain signals can be ignored.
>>
File: Styles_Mansuria_Kung_Fu.jpg (586 KB, 3507x2352)
586 KB
586 KB JPG
>>56666
Is any of this actually useful?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fut_Gar
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Dragon_Kung_Fu
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_Kung_Fu
https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aigle_(art_martial)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fu_Jow_Pai
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopard_Kung_Fu
>>
>>71089
I'm not even gonna open the wikis. No.
>>
>>71089
All of those are legit if you qigong your hands into stone.
>>
File: 20211013_153408.png (758 KB, 608x1069)
758 KB
758 KB PNG
>>56666
My wife
>>
File: images.png (5 KB, 229x220)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>65376
>"But explain using some thread of logic"
Are you actually retarded would you rather get slapped by a twink or a fat guy?
>>
>>71395
>I'm not even gonna open the wikis
Why not?
>>
>>71089
Stripped of all the mysticism, they're just abstractions of the grips you take when grappling or used for niche strikes.
>>
>>56666
I hit a fat guy in the chin with them when I was in middle school, they are quite effective and, in the correct areas, can be devastating
>>
>>56666
As effective as Cenk Uyger in a ring against Joe Rogan
>>
File: 179.jpg (234 KB, 728x1174)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
>>56687
>>56713
>>61073
You are all wrong.
Palm strikes ARE NEARLY IDENTICAL to punches.
The differences, in order of importance are:
>harder to break your hand (MOSTLY negated by gloves, unless you have fragile hands or powerful punches)
>less "sharp", can't cut as easily
>less range
>easier to eyepoke or scratch
Because most combat sports employ gloves, the main benefit of palm strikes is negated. Likewise, all fighting bans eyepokes, so you have an additional risk of breaking the rules.
Now that the best pros of the palm strike are gone, what are you left with?
>possibly get better power
>worse reach
Ok, so palm strikes are basically equal to punches
BUT every single fighting sport, kickboxing, muay thai, boxing, MMA, ALL USE GLOVES.
How do you palm strike with gloves? You fucking can't so NOBODY is gonna teach it, NOBODY is gonna use it.
>>56713
Your analogy is good but it doesn't apply to this situation.
Bas Rutten extensively used palm strikes.
It's just that when you are wearing gloves, there's almost no benefit to them, you're just losing reach.

>>57355
It is extremely difficult to have the knuckles become as hard as the palms. Look at this post: >>61621
>What I can do is palm strike a concrete column full force while I know full well I can't punch one

There are guys who can break their hands with FULLY PADDED boxing gloves.
In BKFC, bareknuckle boxing, there are a shit-ton of people breaking their hands.
Even if you don't hit their forehead, if your punch is powerful enough, your finger bones can easily be broken;
The palm and wrist is just far more stable and solid than knuckles are.
>>
File: stomp.gif (773 KB, 280x210)
773 KB
773 KB GIF
>>71089
The only use is making shadowpuppets and ripping people's eyes out, for the most part.

Number 3 in row 2 is very "piercing". If you can hit a sensitive spot it will feel like stabbing.
However it requires your fingers to be very conditioned, you can just as easily rape your own fingers.

>>58248
>>58375
Elbow strikes are very "sharp", as I mentioned before.
They cut easily.
I think palm strikes would be better at one-hit KO, but if you want to do combos, punching can not only KO but cut at the same time, and it has better reach.

Kicks are far more powerful than punches but it's slow and hard to hit the head.
TRAIN A MARTIAL ART.
That's WAY more effective than focusing on a strike. Why the fuck are you asking about a specific strike?
Even if elbows were somehow the most effective CHEAT CODE STRIKE, you would need to get extremely close to land them.

But I'll entertain your question.
Best one-hit KO strikes:
>spinning kick to the liver, or head
>stomps + soccer kick
>overhand palm strike
>head kick
>spinning elbow
Out of those the most reliable, "most effective", are stomps and soccer kicks.
You could literally kill somebody with a stomp.
Not only are they some of the strongest strikes, EVEN STRONGER the FATTER you are,
They are FAST AS FUCK.
You can do like 3 stomps, or 3 soccer kicks, in the same time you do 1 spinning kick.

However they are illegal in most fighting sports.
Because you can fucking kill people, and it's easy as fuck.
Stomps > soccer kicks btw
https://youtu.be/fwn2QrSFdpE
>>
File: cx9ub0ucc1w41.jpg (268 KB, 2048x2048)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
>>65274
>>65376
>Bigger hand does not equal bigger punch
It does.
>The force and impact behind a punch is generated by nearly all the muscles in your body. For a jab or cross I'd hazard to guess your chest, shoulders and core would generate the majority of the force with the glutes,quad and back muscles stabiliizing
Now imagine instead of your hand there's a rock.
On one punch you're punching with a tiny pebble, that's like 1 gram.
On another punch you're swinging a 2 kg rock.
Which punch is going to be harder, you fucking imbecile?
Obviously hand size isn't THE ONLY factor but it makes a difference.
Picrel is the second hardest puncher in MMA, very close to Francis Ngannou.
>Explain to me how hand and head size matter
Already told you how hand size matters retard.
Head size is somewhat similar.
A KO occurs when you shake somebody's brain so hard that it shuts down.
Now imagine trying to shake something big and heavy vs. shaking something small and light.
In this case I would say that bone density, thickness, and ruggedness matter more than sheer size, but they have a decent correlation.

>Don't know what special ed bus you fell off, I'd suggest you find a boxer with small hands to prove this to yourself with. Probably a fucking flat earther
You're incredibly retarded, and that would be okay if you didn't act like such a narcissistic smartass.
>>
>>72910
If you full-force palm strike someone and they move the wrong way so that you hit them with the top part of your palm, your wrist will snap backwards and break in a MUCH worse way than you can break your hand while punching.
>>
>>72913
>You're incredibly retarded, and that would be okay if you didn't act like such a narcissistic smartass
It's absolutely not ok to be retarded and violent eugenics should be the law in every country.
>>
File: megamind.jpg (77 KB, 1200x1497)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>65350
Following you logic, Megamind is invisible.
>>
>>56666
As the hand is not curled into a little ball, palm strikes transition into grabs more easily.
>>
>>72948
>eugenics happen
>IQs raised
>turns out high IQ correlates with vulnerability to Jewish mind parasites

Hehe nothing personel goyim
>>
>>73342
Better than the alternative, which means everything is fucked up AND there's an even higher vulnerablity to jewish mind parasites.
There's no winning.
>>
>>73393
Or just don't be a schizo
>>
>>74180
What's schizo about that?
>>
File: 1637063991473.png (346 KB, 600x654)
346 KB
346 KB PNG
>>63543
I was that retard, ever since posting it I started palm striking on the heavy bag. I fucked up my triquetrum/head on ulna the second time I went full retard on it. Wasn't able to move my hand without pain for 3-4 days, afterwards it healed. Focused more on technique, fucked it up again for a day because got cocky. Now I can go swinging with all my might and there is little to none pain on my palms because I learned how to strike with my radius. Still want to condition my knuckles but boy they hurt a lot more than when I palm strike.

>tl;dr don't be afraid to hit with full power but be sure you use your radius

>Bas was right
>>
>>57186
so if you have broken one of your fingers and someone attacks you do you just drop your pants and bend over?
>>
>>57257
Mind you, in spite of Shamrock's theatrics, he's gritting his teeth and protecting his head with all he's got against Rutten's blows.
>>
>>65267
Your qigong is striking hard things with an open palm softly at first. Then as the months pass and your hands get harder, you start hitting harder. And you keep doing this every day for a long time until your hands become a flail.
>>
>>58889
Exactly
>>
>>75299
>Now I can go swinging with all my might and there is little to none pain on my palms because I learned how to strike with my radius.
Uh, what? Like, palm strike with the base of your thumb or what?
>>
>>72947
No it won't.
At the apsolute worse if you have mediocore technieqe then you might sprain your wrist from hitting and bending the hand back in such a way.
Really the highest risk of something breaking is if you palm strike with your fingers spread out and open and one of the fingers gets isolated and broken/dislocated, but you would have to be doing damn near everything wrong to the point where I wouldn't trust such a person to be able to punch without hurting themselves ether.

Really, no matter what way you hit someone there is a chance you could potentially hurt yourself if you do it wrong or are exceptionally unlucky. That said different strikes have significantly different odds of self injury.
>>
>>75299
This but with my knuckles, I remember I would injure them so bad they would be swollen and black for days, but I've been conditioning my knuckles since I was 14 and now I can hit a brick wall and barely feel a thing.
>>
>>77293
That just means you don't hit hard enough.
>>
>>56666
Quite. They also hurt your hand a little bit less than regular punches but that's assuming you're having a half hour bare knuckle brawl.
>>
>>57186
Use of palm strikes is literally taught by every first world military in the world. Commonly taught in LEOS all over the world...

Not just less likely to injure yourself, specifically less likely to inure yourself in a manner that would inhibit your ability to use tools. You can still grab shit with a scraped palm, not with a broken finger or busted knuckle.

On top of that, there is this misconception that a fist is the most efficient medium for the transfer of kinetic energy. Which is not at all supported by science. Force equals mass multiplied by acceleration. Greater density does not, by itself, mean greater mass. A smaller harder striking surface does not transfer nearly as much force as your palm, especially when you consider that you're only in contact for split seconds. On top of that there must be considerations made for the density of your target surface. Dense objects pass energy through soft tissues with ease, but when a dense object strikes another the force reverberates through the structure and not much makes it past that. Notice that most knockouts result from forceful movement of the entire skull, not from point of contact damage. 100% guarantee it is easier to obtain knockout with palm strikes over fist strikes.
>>
>>56666
Bump
>>
File: 1640422014845.jpg (59 KB, 1024x913)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>77382
so it's either you still hit haven't learned how to hit or you cannot grab a glass properly because of all the bone tissue
>>
File: Capture.png (467 KB, 567x548)
467 KB
467 KB PNG
My Judo coach was also a high ranking Aikido guy, and he said the Shomen-Ate technique was devastating when done properly. Basically, your arm is straight, posture upright, and your arm transfers the power of your forward momentum to your palm. Picrel.
>>
>>79935
What I like about aikido and what people don't seem to get is that many if the techniques are meant to be done on rushing opponents, and meant to create better opportunities to rum away when they've already grabbed you

Detection and analysis are critical, and wrestling escape drills would complement a mixed defensive arts
>>
>>79936
I think the reason he taught it to us Judo guys was to have one strike in our repertoire as an opening to getting our hands on them and start grappling.
>>
Ask Bas Rutten.
>>
bas rutten is a meme
>>
>>56666
Good for stopping the heart if you know where?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1641983399078.jpg (47 KB, 1080x780)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>79936
>like about aikido
opinion discarded
>>
>>72910
>posts baki pic

opinion discarded
>>
>>79935
Straight strike into the chin of a guy running at you with his hands down is devastating
WOW
>>
>>75299
>he willingly hurts himself on the heavy bag
u just gonna give yourself arthritis u retard
>>
>>56666
They can be effective if done well, but a punch is your best bet. There's a reason you don't see palm strikes in most combat sports. If you want to see someone who's damn good at them, check out Bas Rutten when he was involved in Pancrase.
>>
>>80980
Bas rutten is a fucking living meme. I met him at a gym and he was cracked the fuck out and tried shilling me his dumb scuba mouthpiece that he ripped off from wanderlei Silva. Complete fucking schizo.
>>
>>80982
Sounds based. Does he talk about reptilian jew pedos too?
>>
>>80987
No. He's not a Chad schizo like David Icke. He's more of a homeless dumb schizo.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.