[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 19 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cryingjuicebox.gif (57 KB, 112x112)
57 KB
57 KB GIF
>Be me
>19 years old
>newfag at life
>130lbs lightweight
>Started wrestling in 7th grade
>Wrestled until my senior year
>Join BJJ Gym
>Start slaughtering all the white belts after learning 1 submission
>Decide to roll with a blue belt
>Gets legit rapid fire submitted every 45ish seconds
Blue belts are scary.
>>
>>55860
>people with more experience than and training than me are better than I am
Damn great thread OP
>>
>>55864
It is a good thread; I've got a similar experience.
>brown belt in judo
>gym closes due to lack of students
>becomes bjj gym 5 months later
>flooded with students
>join too because why not
>crushes white belts and blue belts without an issue
>rolls with purple belt
>can't take me down but easy work taking him down
>immediately puts me in guard
>leg lock
Guess my newaza wasn't up to spec
>>
>>55860
I tapped a blue belt my first day rolling
>>
>>55923
>Gym closes due to lack of students
Feels bad man. I wanted to dabble in Judo after I was done with BJJ.
>>
>>55939
Judo is pretty underrated. For street fights or self defense it's probably the best. BJJ guys don't have the best takedowns and are way too willing to roll around on the ground. If I fought that purple belt on the street I would've slammed his head on the pavement.
>>
>>55965
it's also a lot more fun

I do both and tapping someone out isn't nearly as satisfying as flipping a human body and smacking them down onto a mat with nothing but your own brute force
>>
>>55965
I wish America would have Judo in schools like they do wrestling. I heard Japan actually requires Judo in schools.
>>
>>55939
jiu jitsu nerd here, I gotta say that judokas and wrestlers are some of the most difficult people to roll with. they've got gorilla grip and power along with the fact they'll outpace most of the gym. their training methods are no joke. Glad most of them aren't too good off their back.
>>
>>56029
Most difficult people to roll with are retards who come in and train for under 3 months, go 100% like it is life or death every roll, kick you, crank your neck, hurt you and never get any better at controlling themselves. They're "kinda strong" because they're in the marines or work out all the time.

Gimme a wrestler any day over these chucklefucks.
>>
>>56108
plenty of wrestlers like that too.
>>
>>55966
>judo
>brute force
Anon, I...
>>
File: 1622515485989.jpg (152 KB, 500x760)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>56149
>>
>>56147
Not that anon, but judoka and wrestlers are grapplers. There's a difference between a wrestler or judoka's grindy pressure game and someone just trying to bear hug you to death.
>>
>>56152
i personally wouldn't call these guys difficult more like annoying. definitely dickheads tho. wrestlers and judokas are difficult in the sense their training makes them physically more imposing when rolling. I'd like to roll with the sambo guy one day to see how difficult they are.
>>
>>56171
>personally wouldn't call these guys difficult more like annoying.
Chiming in to say I agree. An aggor-retard with no real skill is only difficult if I try to roll like im, well, rolling. If they want to make it a fight its bot hard to stomp them but they'll be leaving woth an injury which is bad form on my part. If I dont go full force like them i risk getting hurt myself which im not willing to risk. Ive learned over the uears how to take a "water break" when someone wont calm their shit and then grab another partner.
>>
>>55860
There's levels to it bud. I was in your place, now I'm the blue belt toying with white belts and getting mauled by brown/black belts.
>>
>>55966
Definitely not the gentleman's game(ma) that some people say it is.

Who cares about the level of brutality where it is not needed to e brutal?.
>>
>>55860
>>55923
>BJJers fantasizing
I'll let you in on a secret: Wrestlers rape BJJers 9 out of 10 times simply because BJJers typically roll relaxed and aren't accustomed to wrestling intensity.
>>
>>56371
Wrestled for 6 years and this isn't really true. I got caught in a guillotine immediately. Then a Kimura. If you don't know what to look out for you get raped because you think you're winning (because you pinned them) but really you're just sitting in their closed guard.
>>
>>56371
The class I joined was about 80% white and blue belts so not exactly wrong. New guys probably haven't been to competitions yet so judo and wrestling intensity will overwhelm them. Purple belts and up stay calm under pressure. I caught the purple belt I was rolling with in a beautiful kata guruma. Immediately regained his guard which freaked me out then he entangled my legs as I tried to disengage.
>>
>>56371
>Wrestlers rape BJJers 9 out of 10 times
Wrestler vs. white belt or shitty blue belt? Absolutely, yes. Otherwise, unless the wrestler is extremely high level, a colored belt should be able to get a sub without too much trouble
>t. decent blue belt who subs wrestlers at open mat weekly
>>
>>55992
i think that's only true at some schools, but most schools have Judo clubs
>>
>>56171
My point was more that they're applying somewhat unorthodox gameplans, but they're still grapplers. Just ones who think differently from your typical BJJ guy
>>
I'd like to see a wrestler suplex a bjj guy over and over
>>
>>56457
>suplex
If they come in low like a typical bjj guy, just crunch them with a belt grip and all the shenanigans you can do from there - like smesh with a khabarelli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzh9QXtgBcs
>>
>>55860
Protect your head and keep your elbows close, that'll go a long way to enable you to learn how to put your wrestling to good use.
>>
>>56457
I'm glad you asked
https://youtu.be/YQBAkf6T9as
>>
>>55860
Build your style around wrestling. I wrestle and my game is heavily adjusted towards defense of the standard submissions, scrambling, front headlock attacks, mount attacks. And most importantly, how to disengage in certain situations. You are sitting in a full guard? Learn how to stand up and disengage. Most blow job jitsu faggots are completely clueless when you are actively trying to disengage.
Some fag is trying to play his highly technical guard? I stand up, try to pry open the legs. Of course, I use legit technique. Then, I have defenses against many attack entries, like toreando, x-guard, single x, ashi garami, etc., all kinds of sweeps. If I have defended and my opponent doesn't touch me anymore, I just move one step away and force him to reset, so he cannot continues with his attack flow. Even better if we start standing. Then, I usually try to get headlocks and bodylocks. If I fail and land in some sort of guard, the game begins from the start.
>>
>>56695
>shitting on jits
we know wrestling too fgt
>>
>>57131
Not in the same way wrestlers do. We drill takedowns after takedowns hours on end. Good portion of our training is building up our strength and power. In the time I've done BJJ we mostly just rolled around doing technical stuff. The level of intensity is not the same.
>>
>>57131
In America a good middle school wrestler is on the same level as BJJ black belt in terms of takedowns.
>>
>>57202
Maybe at your shitty McDojo
>>
>>55860
I'm a white belt but I'm 150kg.
According to the gracies every additional 5kg difference in weight is equivalent to one belt
I usually train with guys who weigh less than 80kg
That means I am a 25 dan black belt compared to them.
Get rekt

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.