[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 145 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: download.jpg (11 KB, 299x169)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
Will Slater surf in Tokyo? edition
>Any summer surf plans?
>Opinions on competition structure?
>Anyone surf Tsurigasaki beach?
>>
>>54855
Yeah
>>
If he does he wont win. Some brazillian air guy punting full rotations on 2 foot waves probably will. And im okay with that. The spot isnt exactly perfect for guys with a lot of power and flow. Need proper tubes and fat walls to unlock the beastlynes.
>>
hey oz lads, looks like I'm heading to Lismore for a 2 week project (30minutes inland from byron bay/balina), what are the good spots for a kinda-intermediate surfer?
>>
does surfing help you get laid a lot more?
>>
>>55165
Me? yea. You? nah.
>>
>>54942
brazzos grow up surfing shitty tiny beachies, they surely will win
>>
>>54855
Any wind surfers here? I've been paddle boarding and kayaking all summer, which, while fun, has gotten to be more of an /n/ thing to me than an /xs/ or /out/ thing.
Wind surfing sounds like the right change of pace. Surfing also sounds fun as hell, but unfortunately, I'm far from the coast and the closest Great Lake has dick for waves/swells, so wind surfing is the natural next skill to pick up.
So, question: is it worth taking a class on wind surfing if I'm already a semi-experienced paddle boarder? I like to think I'm decent at balancing while standing and know when the wind will fuck me over like a sorority slut, but I still haven't done wind surfing before. Should I spend the bongo bucks to learn that from an instructor or just rent one for a day and fall on my ass a couple times?
>>
Anybody from here Florida here? I was thinking about getting into surfing but I heard that it isn't that good here since the waves aren't that big. Is that true? I'm in fort lauderdale if that matters.
>>
>>57006

I'm in the exact same situation and have been researching this a lot, so I can tell you that there is almost no skill transfer from paddleboard to windsurf or vice versa. I was on the lake yesterday watching a couple of newbs getting their first windsurf lesson and even with personal instruction they were really struggling. I think you could learn to get up and sheet in without instruction but learning to tack and jybe on your would be miserable.

You might also want to consider learning to wing instead: you could use the board you have and add a skeg or center-fin.
>>
Wow how new is /xs/? Are there lots of surf threads?

>north county san diego
>decent south swells so far this summer
>water is warm af tho at least
>>
>>57016
Dont worry about it. Learn on the small waves and when you get the bug youll be willing to travel anywhere for some good action
>>
>>57016
The waves are small everywhere here in Florida, doesn’t mean you can’t ride them.
>>
>>54942
I hate that kind of surfing. It’s like boogie boarding. I want to see a guy shredding 10ft + waves. If I want to see tricks I’ll watch skateboarding
>>
File: 1627173513090.jpg (23 KB, 680x329)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
Anyone else absolutely baffled that they didn't get a surf pool setup for the Olympics? Surely with the wave consistency you'd start getting the best of the best surfing for the non-surfers to see, and you'd get fairer scoring too
>>
>>58576

None of the surf pools actually work on an energy budget that would cost less than flying everybody to Nazare or whatever. And neither Japan nor anyone else wants "fair" Olympic scoring.
>>
File: italo.webm (378 KB, 640x350)
378 KB
378 KB WEBM
this is the best we will get for today
the forecast predicts big waves for the next 2 days
>>
Why are they even running? Just wait a day?
>>
>>54987
>being in los angeles
>asking the internet for help to start surfing
>>
>>54855
>Slater

You mean Chuck Schuldiner, guitarist and founder of the band Death?
>>
>>58576
>Anyone else absolutely baffled that they didn't get a surf pool setup for the Olympics?

Absolutely nobody but you, shill.
>>
Is there such a thing as a bad length for a surfboard?
I’ve been using an 8’6 66 L “performance” board lately and although I can catch waves on it I feel like it’s a weird length. Like it doesn’t want to hold speed or paddle like a longboard and often I’m walking up past the middle of the board just to hold the speed I have. I guess this is just making me better at surfing, but sometimes it’s a real bitch in mushy Florida surf that I’m used to. At the same time it turns really well and makes me wonder if I should swap the single fin for a three fin setup because it’s not really a nose riding board anyways.
>>
>>59388

seems like a meaningless question
>>
Medina can't compete because he won't get the vaccine, you think he'll quit the Latin American stereotype and just get it?
>>
>>59388
Take a look at Simon Anderson surfboards, models "Mollusc Robo" and "Varmit". You don't need to get these exact boards ofc, but they are examples of boards that paddle well and still keep some performance at sizes that go beyond 7 ft.

DHD model "Black Diamond" is also a great example and maybe the "Hypto Krypto" by HS, altho I've seen people saying that this last one doesn't work in bigger sizes.
>>
>>60764
Lately I’ve been taking the board out with twin fin setup and enjoying it more. I think I just need to suck it up and paddle harder, for reference it’s a modern boss 8’6 model. I took it out today and had a much better time with it, I think it may have been mindset for me. My next board will probably be one of those though, I really want a good paddler that isn’t long for those 1 foot days.
>>
>>57006

In the opposite boat. I tried picking up windsurfing at the start of summer and the old guy teaching me seemed to have the bare minimum investment in my learning. I also scarcely have the time to go out and practice even though I live near the water. Now I'm considering trading down to paddle boarding just because I rather go out more often then wait for the wind. I regret not finding a more engaging teacher.
>>
>>60871

The problem with windsurfing is that no matter how good you are, tacking is a miserable, graceless slog
>>
>>54855
Had a surfing lesson and was absolutely destroyed 20 minutes into it. Not enough upper body strength, so i'm gonna train for a few months then try again. Anyone got any good exercise tips outside of swimming? That's a given
>>
>>60936

Surfing doesn't involve much upper body strength afaik. If your upper body felt rekt, that likely reflects a combination of all around poor technique and weak lower body. Swimming efficiently uses large core and leg muscle groups and arms just kind of come along for the ride, providing maybe 5% total energy budget to forward motion or floatation. You can train the muscle groups for getting up onto the board with burpies, but once you are up you are back to core and leg muscle engagement and your arms don't do much. Overall you are going to want to focus on a HIIT swim plan, with overall lengths no more than ~30-50% the retarded meme routines that GIS returns.

Do you know your V02max?
>>
>>60936
The other guys advice is really solid, but common sense applies as well. You want to get better at paddling then paddle more often. Get better technique and build endurance by surfing as much as you can.
>>
>>57954
No I think this is only the second and will probably last a whole year. I'm on the Gold coast and it's been an ok winter, better than the last few swell wise anyway, fucking cold tho probably the coldest it's been.
>>
>>59388
Sounds like the board would have to much rocker, get something that's two foot shorter and flatter
>>
how the fuck do you even surf beach breaks?

So much current, peaks are shifty as fuck and 90% of the waves close out. What the fuck.
>>
>>60888

How many people here, or that you know of, surf windsurf kitesurf and SUP self taught?
>>
>>61442

>>
File: Newsom is a kook.jpg (45 KB, 620x413)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>54855
My plan is to get this cunt out of office so we never have another beach closure.
>>
File: SUP arrest.png (251 KB, 1352x752)
251 KB
251 KB PNG
>>61811
>>
>>60888
okay so carve jibe then
>>
>>61431
I don’t really know but I’ve never surfed anything else so maybe I just don’t think about how shit it actually is.
>>
Thinking I might do up a newbie pastebin or something similar to the OP for the skate generals, what do you guys reckon?
>>
>>62626
You spend any extended amount of time at an average reef and you’ll realize how little you miss me beach breaks
>>
>>63656
It’s a shame there’s only one finnicky reef in Florida that rarely works. I’ll move somewhere with a reef someday ;_;
>>
File: 1627748913640.gif (2.97 MB, 368x654)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB GIF
is surfing worth pursuing as a hobby if you're an east coast fag?
>>
>>64691
where on the east coast?
>>
>>61431
just learn to pull into closeout barrels so when it's good you can make some real ones

cross shore current is normally strongest closest to the beach so take that into account when you paddle back out after a wave

also if it's a straight beach with no structures like piers usually the sandbars are similar everywhere so you can just let the current take you to each peak.

if you surf a rip bowl sometimes the current won't move you laterally but only outwards, so if you stay on the inside you can use smaller waves to help you stay in place in the rip. not for big days or noobs
>>
>>64697
NC
>>
>>59309
As long as you're not black you'll be good. You just have to put up with the unwritten rules and territorial locals but once you get cool with them it's all gravy
>>
>>64777
OBX is legendary for surf. Start by logging
>>
>>64780
but is it anything compared to the west coast?
>>
>>64833

Nah, no barrels in NC. The outer banks get some but getting to them is impractical unless you can fly your own helicopter in hurricane conditions.
>>
>>64837
are there any places on the east coast to get barrels?
>>
>>64833
When it’s good on the east coast it’s really good, but it’s not as consistent as the west coast. You’ll still get enough waves to learn and you’ll get barreled if you can learn to paddle out in hurricane swell.
>>
File: 1606859075078.png (1.1 MB, 976x1077)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>Used shortboard on facebook marketplace
>400-500 dollars

Please get fucked
>>
>>58518
>he hasn't watched the ....Lost videos
>he can't accept that surfing and skateboarding are ONE

Not planning to lie bro, you come off with some primo kookage with your posting
>>
>>65604
>primo kookage
>>
File: 9681.jpg (190 KB, 770x511)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
New England says hi.
>>
>>65871
Is that you? Is that Massachussets?
>>
Best wetsuits?

I have an E-bomb, but the zipper broke and I got a random tear in the hip that shouldnt have been caused by anything. Considering getting Ripcurl’s new E7 version with no zipper but kinda salty their wersuit has shit on me.
>>
Best longboarding spots in San Diego?
>>
Just taken the twinnie pill, wish I had of sooner, it's so fucking fast I feel like my surfing gone a few levels higher. Hope everyone is scoring. Fucking Medina will probably win Trestles the guy's been ripping on the latest footage.
>>
>>64691
We used to surf the outer banks every summer. Small waves, but surfable. Nice waves with hurricane swell though.

If you can surf those small waves, you can surf pretty much anything.
>>
>>54855
Hi anons, I'm trying to buy a surfboard for my gf for her birthday but I'm getting confused by the sizings. She's 5'4" and probably 110 lbs or so, what size should I get?
>>
>>66815
If she hasn't surfed before and will be on mellow waves get a 7 to 8 foot mini Mal she will pick it up much faster than a performance board, if she is experienced get something around the same height as her maybe a few inches bigger
>>
>>66815
Get her the Yater spoon, the 8'6"....
>>
>>66852
Cheers anon, so a smaller board is better for experienced surfers? She used to be a junior instructor in NZ before moving here about 5 years ago so she knows what she's quite competent but out of practice.
>>
>>66938
5 years is too long, if you want her to come with you all the time then buy a longboard because if she doesn't catch any waves she won't see the effort of waking up early worth it. At least that what happens to my buddy who was also in low physical form and he completely gave up after a not catching any waves for 5 sessions.
Also you can always switch boards with her if she wants to try her hand on something shorter (in case you ride shorties ofc)
>>
What kind of board should I buy as a new surfer - PNW/North Oregon surf, I have my wetsuit and gear there but not sure how to tackle these waves. Only surfed comfy Northeasterns/LA waves
>>
>>67686
I'm 6'1" and 170 lb btw
>>
>>67687
9’ longboard
>>
File: Subwaysurfer.jpg (1.07 MB, 1372x1866)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
>>65871
Long Sands?
>>
Where my bong bros at, north devon here
>>
>be newbie
>sprained my toe last month when I drove it into a rock when I slammed, hasn't fully healed
>nosedive yesterday
>land on toe again same way but much harder, can't put any weight on the foot at all
>instantly think "it's broke, i should head out" as its throbbing with pain
>next moment say to myself "naw fuck it i wanna surf, i'll try to stand and see what happens"
>as soon as i decide that i get this kind of euphoric body chill sensation but localized in my foot and the pain literally vanishes

what the fuck lol
>>
>>68050
Kernow obvs. Actually gutting how we almost always get swell down here but the wind just fucks it all up 70% of the time.
>>
>>61431
I only ever surf beaches so when I travel abroad it's like easy mode.
>>
>>69493
I've been wondering how much easier it could be, I'm assuming that's entirely dependent on the reef. I still haven't had a chance to see a proper reef or point break because I live in florida.
>>
>>54855
Just bought a 5'11 shorty for the winter swells, moving up from a longboard :D
>>
>>71048
Well don't get flustered and keep at it. It took me a while to move down to a short board. Don't think there's any shame in pulling the longboard back out if or when you get frustrated. I swore off it for a few weeks and went back to longboarding just to pull it out again a month later and suddenly be able to do it like I wanted to. Then again that's in florida where there usually aren't too many great shortboarder days.
>>
>24
>Never surfed but always been a good swimmer and really want to try it
>Live in the northeast

Is there any hope for me bros
>>
>>72877

no
>>
Guys I caught that wave. Do you know what I mean? THAT fucking wave bros. I'm a fucking kook, I get it, but this wave man. It literally changed my fucking day, maybe my life. There was hooting and hollering and I was fucking there, on camera too. My god damn spotlight for a scant second that will disappear to time, but that second changed my life. I'm shitfaced right now, because that's all I can do to contain the glow I'm sucked into. You all get that feeling once? I hope everyone gets to feel this, I want everyone to feel this.
>>
>>72877
Yes you can.
It will be very hard.
I am saying this from direct experience of learning at 25.
>>
I want to start learning how to surf, will probably sign up for surfing classes next year when it starts getting warmer, in the meantime I'll sign up for swimming classes because I don't know how to swim.
>>
>>72877
Where in the Northeast? Jersey and Long Island has some spots, I started around 27 and I mostly surf in Maryland.
>>
>>54987
Can one surf Florida? Where?
>>
>>73282
MA
>>
euroanon here

since 2018 i do 2-3 weeks a year in portugal or spain, this year i maxed it out to 7 weeks, and i'm flying to fuertaventura later this month for another week.

since i don't have any gear of my own, i'm mostly filming on gopro held by my teeth via bite-mount + i have a bodyboard leash on my hand, to catch the camera just in case. I only film like that on really small days, of course.

Does anyone else film himself? What's your setup?
>>
>>73402
Is that a real question?
>>
>>54855
Oh shit the second surf thread is still up, kek.

Real talk: are there shortages in wetsuits?
>>
>>67987
Wow, look at all those free-spirited inhabitants of Malibu resisting the mainstream world shaped by u.s. imperialism, just freely surfing, a traditional anglo-saxon pasttime! In Malibu, which is anglo-saxon for "high and mighty"!
>>
>>57006
Windsurfing is gay as fuck don’t do it. Skate to surf or move closer to a coast. And I bet that Great Lake has waves if you look hard enough and get a proper thick wetsuit
>>
>>60936
You wanna get back at surfing just keep going till you don’t suck as much, learn to read waves and find rips and channels to take you out easier. Stay away from everyone so you can get any wave you want and don’t fuck someone’s up. You’ll get there eventually
>>
>>63630
Fuck that leave that shit to Reddit. If you wanna learn to surf you just gotta go and figure it out. Lineup’s crowded enough as it is
>>
File: 2jhsurf-01.jpg (165 KB, 1074x805)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>54855
>>67987
>SHAKA BRAH!
>>
>>54855
Any of you dudes go surfing in Mississippi/Alabama?
>>
File: 1633925003073.gif (1.95 MB, 638x358)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB GIF
>>73000
No I'm still a virgin
>>
>>74731
Yeah I am too, but you can feel what I felt bro. You don’t even need to talk to people if you’re dedicated enough, it’s amazing. Surfing can change your life.
>>
>>61811
I remember being 12
>>
>>61811
It's not just him, it's the era. Some politicians are falling in line, others don't.

>>74744
Does it hurt?
>>
File: download (1) (1).jpg (15 KB, 196x273)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>
File: 2021_11_14_10p_Kleki.png (75 KB, 191x264)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
>>
I believe slates has signed up for the upcoming Haliewa contest. Based Aquaman.
https://www.worldsurfleague.com/events/2021/mcs/3825/michelob-ultra-pure-gold-haleiwa-challenger
>>
>>75288
>slates

You mean Chuck Schuldiner
>>
yes florida bros we can surf, dont surf the gulf shit sucks, cold fronts and hurricanes only
>>
>>75491
Anything good off the keys?
>>
Am I too old to learn how to surf? I'm 21 living in Australia so have access to a lot of beaches. I used to skateboard when I was younger but wasn't super good. Can I jump into this if I have no friends who surf and will basically have to do the whole thing alone? I love the beach and wouldn't mind learning something that I can actually do instead of just sitting in the water every day.
>>
File: QbHNNEv.gif (644 KB, 500x277)
644 KB
644 KB GIF
>>76379
>>
>>76600
Oh well. Maybe next life :/
>>
>>76379
Of course you can learn to surf. Its probably too late for you to become world champion or something, but you can still have fun. If you go surfing multiple times a week you can probably expect to be able to do a cut back by this time next year. The simple truth is that progression as an adult is slow as fuck.
>>
>>76643
That has to do with time, not ability. As a child, or even teenager, you may bw even more stifled by lack of physical prowess or mental burden. As an adult you are complete, you can do whatever the fuck you want.
>>
Any good surfing channels on Youtube with travelling to South Pacific, Japan, South Africa, Portugal, California, Australia etc?
>>
>>76379

Just go for it! I'm 27 and I only started last year but I wish I'd started earlier.

I'm not the best surfer but I've gotten to a point where I can move around the face of the wave and I'm learning more each session. Plus, more importantly I've had a lot of really great days surfing this year.

A bunch of mates started around the same time as me so that made it a more fun. When you're learning it helps having someone to share the highs and laugh about the lows with. Plus it's a little less intimidating paddling out with a mate.

Have a look on gumtree or marketplace for a second hand board with a fair bit of volume. You should be able to pick up a mini mal pretty cheap if you're not too far from the coast.

You're going to get your ass handed to you a lot in the beginning because it takes time and experience to learn about the ocean but it's worth it if you stick with it.

It's not rocket science. Just get out there and have a go!
>>
Just beginning, got given this old board (7’10) and a smaller newer sort of fish thing (7’2”). Reckon it’d be good for learning or should I just go get a massive long soft board
>>
>>76963

seems great for learning what foot infections feel like
>>
>>76643
>cutback by next year
Any day now..
>>
>>76963
If you can use the 7’3 already then stick with that. A huge gun is a cool board to have for when it’s big, but outside of that it’s in a weird size range where you’re not really gliding so paddling in gets harder because you need to angle your takeoff more than usual. If you can’t get up on the 7’3 or the gun get a soft top or a full longboard.
>>
Been skating and snowboarding all my life and picked up surfing easily last summer in hawaii. Recently surfed again in Cocoa Beach, FL and I could seriously get addicted to this. Due to my behaviors, my gf might be breaking up with me which would allow me to go live where I wanted. I'm seriously considering moving to a beach just so I can spend all my time surfing. I work remote. I've been eyeing the space coast in Florida. Where should I go for quality women and surf bros?
>>
>>78033
>he doesn't live off his gf

Imposter
>>
>>66082
Tourmaline, Swamis with your 200 best bros, San Onofre
>>
>>78033
I've been looking at St. Augustine, I asked about Cocoa Beach in a Floridafag thread and anon said that I would be better off at St. Augustine. I started following a surf report for the area and it looks nice enough.
>>
>>78531
Yeah I'm in Saint Augustine, it's a cool place to live but you need to make decent money to live here. If you work remote you're probably fine. I take it your talking about surf station surf report right?
The waves here are doable, I don't think they're worth moving here for though. If you're packing all your shit and leaving you'd be better going to the west coast or at least north of the outer banks. We have weeks at a time here that are onshore 15+ wind or dead flat. It only barrels here maybe a handful of times a year, and is only makeable a quarter of those times.
Cocoa has better surf, but not that much better.
>>
>>78531
>>78537
I have marked St. Augustine and Jupiter. I am remote making $120k, but yes, I've noticed rent is not exactly cheap. Beyond surfing, how is general living?
>>
>>78537
I'd work remote, you're right I was looking at surf station. I'm from Maryland and we have even less good days, I'd mainly be moving to a liveable area (I have friends/family in San Diego, it's nice to visit but I couldn't live there) that also has surfable waves. I'd probably just be there seasonally at first since I snowboard too.
>>
>>78541
It’s a nice place to live, people are relaxed and the schools are decent if you wanted to have a family. Tourist season causes a lot of traffics and generally a lot of partiers, not that many young people actually live here. If you’re in your thirties it would make more sense to live here.
It’s a pretty place, but it’s still Florida so expect it to be muggy for 5 or 6 months.
>>
Considering picking up surfing. I live in Australia and two things concern me: sharks, and getting slammed by other surfers/my own board. How to reduce my neuroticism?
>>
>want to get in to wing foiling
>every wingfoil board on the market is fucking ugly

Just
>>
>>79242
sharks are like giant dogs
>>
>>79242
Shallow waters and longboards.

Are you even allowed to go to the beach these days in Down Unda?
>>
>>79242

Surf at netted beaches (and convince yourself they actually do something) and just get a cheap foamie and surf at a beginner break or away from the main pack. Aus has a shitload of empty beaches or long beach breaks to learn on.
>>
>>80146
>blocks your path
>>
>>81113
The hell is that?
>>
>>81113
>turns 3600 and walks away
>>
Reminder that this is the second surf thread.
>>
File: 1643224491524.webm (2.98 MB, 480x270)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB WEBM
>>74136
How does it feel to be so wrong?
>>
>>57006
I learned to windsurf as a teenager using an old longboard. Learned from my dad, but he was missing a lot of fundamental skills like waterstarting, and honestly wasn't a great instructor.
It would be best to have someone who can help you learn, or give you advice. You'll fall a lot and blow down wind. Sometimes you'll need to be rescued. I've found a lot of windsurfers are pretty open to helping newbies. Most new people take up kiteboarding these days, and it's made the windsurf community a lot more inviting. If there's a windsurf spot in your area, maybe try introducing yourself.
There is minimal overlap between SUP and windsurfing. It's less about balancing on the board, and more about balancing with the wind.
It's one of the most interesting sports I've tried. Great mix of technically & thrill. It's also really difficult to learn, so don't give up.
Have you sailed?
>>
>>54855
anyone in south florida? I wanna surf with someone. Im in Miami
>>
>>82026

Nothing about this clip looks fun, cool, or appealing at all. Those are completely dogshit conditions and riding anything in that nonsense would suck.
>>
>>82026
I concur with the previous reply.
>>
February 5 you can watch the G.O.A.T. surf in the finals at Pipe. Starts streaming at 1:pm EST on:
https://www.worldsurfleague.com/
The swell should be epic from looking at the explore pipe cam tonight.
>>
>>69122
Jammed your toe. A doc would have just pulled it out. Not serious or nothing. Hurts in a funky ass way though.
>>
>>73226
Post hands
>>
>>81113
>underwater crunching noise
Sting niggers get the booty.
>>
>>83234
Yeah, ok

Now for anyone who isn't a shill or a kook, there are streams everywhere.

Pipeline is working, but it's too small for me, I only surf of it 4x overhead.
>>
File: actualgangrapevictim.png (883 KB, 816x750)
883 KB
883 KB PNG
if you can surf and you don't ride 5.6 and under you dont belong here and need to go back to r/surfing. There is absolutely no excuse for not being a 5.5 19.1/4 fag and similar
>superior speed
>easier to surf
>makes you look like you're 12 ft tall
>can literally surf every kind of wave

whats your excuse anon?
>>
>>83357
>can literally surf every kind of wave

Just because you managed to stay up for a shoulder-high 5 seconds ride, does not mean a board that small can handle bombs.
>>
>>83357

Im not a manlet
>>
>>83357
the skelly HB High kids are starting to post on 4chan
I wouldn't become a starving UN case so I can float on a few micrograms of foam in my rainbow punk wetsuit
>>
File: E_H56zmWEAI0mQV.jpg (73 KB, 460x459)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>83392
bombs are gay big wave surfing is so overrated.
>DUDE IM GOING STRAIGHT FOR 20 SECONDS AND THEN PULLING OFF LMAO
>DUDE LETS JUST TOW EACH OTHER INTO WAVES AND PULL STRAIGHT OFF
>DUDE BIG WAVES LMAO
>>83533
>>83623
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDRwsoY5_yw
go educate yourself dont become a sup or fish tranny this is a PSA
>>
>>83699
It was you who said "any type of wave".
Also, yeah, I am not short either.
>>
>>83699
>he doesn't cutback nazare

Gigakook
>>
File: 1640639211561.png (138 KB, 902x755)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
has surfing ruined anyone elses life here?
>learned to surf as a kid
>largely stopped to go to uni and then wage at some faggy bullshit job
>realized that I had spent the last 6 years sitting inside missing every good day only to surf with all the boomer weekend warriors on shitty crowded peak.
>quit and move back in with parents because I can't stand it
>now I surf all the time and flip shit coins/ work odd jobs to make money
its basically like a cringey beach bum existence but I just can't fathom going back. I was only ever making money so I could get out in the waves. I hate thinking about how much good surf I missed because of waging.
>>
>>84192
u smoke weed?
>>
>>84192
You took the right decision.
>>
>>84382
this. life is play or suffering.
>>
>>84436
Good. Now that we settled this help me get out of a relationship, because I'm a bitch. I can't go surfing in the morning without turning it into a diplomatic exercise.
>>
>>54855
just saw him fuckn around at rocky point. I asked him and he said no he's going into basketball and see him on the nicks in a few months.
>>
>>84489
ditch the bitch/get a new one/several, preferably
>>
>>84382
as soon as I stopped caring about what people thought of me life became so much fucking better. So far I haven't had any regrets and weirdly spend a lot less than when I was a fulltime wagie.
>>84285
a little bit but not really. I drink coffee and have 6 beers once a week in one sitting.
>>84489
lol man been there fuck that bullshit. Break up with her man I stayed with so many fucking retards only to miss good days in the water and the pussy is never THAT good. Low key girls are so much better. Every single day you spend in that bullshit is another day wasted.
>>
>>84493
Hahahaha
>>
File: mastrack.jpg (106 KB, 1309x693)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
Any aspiring foilbros in here? I stumbled across this randomly. It's the plate being used on the 2022 Naish inflatable and a few others. Might be an easy/cheap way to get a beginner board since you could epoxy it on to pretty much anything.
>>
>>85843
>Any aspiring foilbros in here?

Hopefully not
>>
>>85873

That's amazing. I've never seen someone with an entire longboard up their ass before
>>
>>85874
Yeah?
>>
>>85889

I mean like... do you do birthday parties?
>>
>>85891
I did your mom's birthday party. Generous tipper
>>
File: philippecaneri.jpg (195 KB, 750x500)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
Seriously though, I would have thought you faggots would be completely desperate for anything that might thin out the lineup a tiny bit.
>>
anyone here? post recent seshes, I'll start
>2-3ft light onshore
>it's a reef that turns into shorebreak
>keep trying to pull into the shorebreak but either the wave goes flat before or when I get to the shorebreak there's nothing to pull into
>finally get a good one
>try to pull in but couldn't bottom turn hard enough to get under the lip and just jump off my board under
was pretty fun
>>
>>86290
yeah I knew it, I'm the only one on 4channel that surfs
>>
>>86414
This is quite probably the second surf general thread on 4chan. Ever.
>>
>>86486
yeah I think it is, but still pretty dead
>>
>>57016
Yes, South Florida is flat half the year. Enjoy driving to Fort Pierce.
>>
>>86486
pretty sure there used to be threads on /out/ before they died too
>>
>>85843
At least foilers are aware surprised I've never seen a foiler snake someone, but I haven't. SUPers get the rope though
>>
Bump
>>
I bought my kid nephew a $400 surfboard.
>>
>>83357
aight Ill bite your b8. If you can't drop into overhead with a 8' 8 you fucking suck and need to practice
>>
File: 1607248339218.jpg (41 KB, 500x371)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>84192
I had something similar happen to me
>grew up in Santa Cruz
>surfed since I was 8
>snowboarded since about the same age
>stopped when I became homeless, got a job and got the fuck out of SC before it collapsed economically
>ended up in CO, waged for 5 years before I realized I could just surf snow every winter
I started snowboarding again, got 20 days since I started up again in January. Fills up the same hole surfing left there, and honestly I dont miss how people act on the water. At least on a mountain no one can act like they own the whole fuckin thing. Surfing didnt ruin your life, you just stopped doing what you like.
>>
>>88691
How can you surf and snowboard since you were 8 (which means you came from rich balls) and end up homeless? Just curious.
>>
>>88699
>>88699
we werent rich, we just got into SC before it became silicon valley, and my parents did slalom skiing semi-professinally so we had some connections there. Joined surf teams when I was younger and got boards loaned to me until I got my own.

I moved out when I was 17, tried getting a job and living in the only affordable place at the time, which was coralitos. No one would hire me for anything as this was when UCSC was overbooking their college by like 3000 students. That totally fucked housing and jobs, because suddenly you had all these undergrads who had previous job experience and just wanted to live in SC even if it means working at Walgreens or McDonald's. Couldn't get any kind of job, I had to do 3 interviews for a fucking graveyard stocking position and I didn't get the job after all that. Wasn't even getting callbacks from the boardwalk. So I started doing mad drugs and just straight checked out until the people I was living with threw my ass out onto the curb. Had already burned a lot of bridges,and my parents didn't want to let me back in the house unless I did what they wanted and went to college. Tried college, hated everything but chem and communications, ended up dropping out. Dropped out, and my parents told me that I needed to figure it the fuck out and they kicked me out. Was homeless for about a year, lived in a trailer in someone's backyard for another year. Had a job the entire time I was homeless, was working as a dishwasher for 9/hr. I proved to my parents that I was really trying and that it was a different world than they remembered, and they let me move back in......only this time I was in an unsealed she'd underneath the house. Got pnemonia a couple times, had to deal with balckwidows and rats all the time.....wasn't really worth it. Cont....
>>
>>88777
Eventually volunteered for the California Conservation Corps, it's a youth development program that people are usually court ordered to. Learned some skills, destroyed my body, and saved up 5 grand to move out of the hellhole in the middle of economic collapse that is California. Now I live in Denver and shred the fuck out of the mountains here. I do visit occasionally to catch some waves, usually eastcliff in SC on the 4th of july to night surf during the fireworks.

Thanks for reading my blog
>>
How to overcome the shame and embarrassment of being a newb and constantly getting flipped off the board in front of crowds of people
>>
>>88803

Get real problems like >>88777
>>
>>88832
But he knows how to surf, and I don’t
>>
>>88778
yikes. stay in sports, kids.
>>
>>88837
dude I was a grom once, looking like an idiot in contests and in front of locals I respected. Just gotta have fun and people will recognize real. If they don't fuck em
>>
>>88803
surf somewhere not crowded
>>
>>88778
Interesting as fuck anon. Nightsurfing? Cool as hell. How the hell does that happen? Fucking shed with spiders and pneumonia? Do not want.
Still, your parents sound well-off at least.
>>
File: eastcliff.jpg (200 KB, 960x960)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>89122
they definitely arent too bad off, I didnt come from a home where I had to eat ketchup or something. You asking about how does 4th of July nightsurfing happen or how ending up in a shed happens? highly fucking recommend 4th of july nightsurfing for anyone reading this, cant say enough good things. In Santa Cruz pleasure point usually has a huge fucking mob of people by the cliffs and they launch fireworks off it. the pleasure point surf spot is right underneath that cliff,so all the fireworks explode like 10-20 feet overhead while you rip on the waves. Feels like surfing in 1960s vietnam or something

pic related, Eastcliff
>>
>>89133
Is that a reef or is the beach dirty?
Yeah, I wonder how nightsurfing can happen. If the frequency of the firworks going off is high, I guess you can surf if you feel comfortable with the spot.
>>
File: pleasure point stairs.jpg (156 KB, 933x700)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>89148
bigass reefs, when the tide is low its a great place for tidepooling. You have to be careful when you surf there even during high tide because if you fall youre eating shit onto rocks. so nightsurfing in general isnt too gnarly, usually you tie a glowstick to your leg, and your surf buddy does the same thing so you can keep track of each other. You wanna do it when the moon is around half full or more so you can see a little bit. You definitely want to do it at a spot you know, but on a full moon I wouldnt hesitate to hit a spot I hadnt been to before as long as the other person had been there. Theres 2 real fucky parts about surfing at night.
>cant see waves until they're on top of you
like, you'll see a black spot, and you wont know its a wave until it starts blocking light and then you have to already be facing the right direction and start paddling.
>sharks love the night
and you can't see the fins
hence the glowsticks, and staying within shouting range of your buddy/doing regular check ins. On the 4th of july, its a different thing, especially if you have an in-town spot like east cliff. The fireworks are going off so frequently and regularly that its no problem to see whats going on. Plus, there is streetlights on the cliffs that help a little too. You still cant see waves well, and you still have to be careful for sharks, but its just a fuckin light show while you surf underneath it. Dont have to use glowsticks, and you can almost always see your buddy. Plus people will purposefully launch fireworks over your head and its never close enough to actually mess with you. Sharks aren't really an issue unless you grew up surfing in an active great white breeding area like Santa Cruz, a white tip reef shark area like Hawaii, or somewhere like Australia. Even then, I only saw the landlord's shadow once, never even seen a fin while I was on the water and I surfed there for 15 years. Meanwhile my bud got his leg chomped at my local beach, 2 years after I left
>>
>>89157
>landlord's shadow
>gentlemen with grey suits

Kek, I love shark pseudonyms.
>>
>>73958
you push mongo
>>
>>88691
yea came to that conclusion life is so much better now the eternal neet or low work life style truly is king if you can achieve it.
>>
>>89842
you paddle mongo
>>
can't a nigga just skate mongo
>>
someone near me is selling this fishing SUP for 400 bucks, would it be a solid choice for a beginner?
>>
File: Naamloos-2.jpg (35 KB, 600x600)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>90936

It would be great for... trolling
>>
>>90936
I'd rather have a fishing kayak than a fishing SUP if I'm being honest with you family.
>>
>>91174
its a total meme but its also a killer deal, it costs about as much as an entry-level inflatable board.
>>
>>91208
I was checking FB marketplace and saw some average condition fiberglass ones for 350-400 but this also was the dead of winter. At least with an inflatable it's real easy to move and store.
>>
>>91220
didnt think to check FB but in my area its mostly stuff being sold for more or less store price, this fishing board is normally 900 bucks. I'm also gonna be using it on lakes primarly so i'd prefer something that can take some shale scraping.
>>
>>91220
>>91229

costco sells perfectly nice soft-top boards for a few hundred dollarydoos.
>>
this gotta be the slowest thread on 4chan i know. Anyway, i'll be flying to Durban, South Africa soon and im super excited. ill be staying with a friend. anyone here ever been? Anything to pay attention to, with the crimes and stuff?
>>
>>91476

South Africa might be more dangerous than Canada but it's probably a lot safer than France or England.
>>
Hay anyone surfed Puerto Rico? How crowded does it get when the surf season picks up?
>>
>>91476
>slowest thread on 4chan i know
there's a Yotsuba thread on /w/ that's been going since 2018
>>
why dont niggers and trannies surf? I've never seen any niggers or trannies in the water. Can they not swim or are they shit at balance or something?
>>
>>93857
Usually black people were forbidden from white beaches. It's why they couldn't develop a surf tradition. But there are plenty of black people surfing today.

Surfing is the last bastion of whitevsupremacy and Hawaii the true final frontier.
>>
>>67987
Someday I'll run to this fool at Zuma beach and knock him off of his longboard.
>>
>>94056
Nevermind black people if you weren't a local you were fucked. In Hawaii it used to be even worse. If you weren't an islander you were getting jumped.
>>
>>94744
>california white beach resident
>hawaiian native

Not the same thing.
>>
>>94056
There's not plenty of black people surfing. It's like one in 10 thousand surfers are black lol.

The blacks just aren't adapted to being around the ocean or the water in general, no point trying to encourage them to do it for the sake of diversity. Just let them do what they are good at and kill each other in tribal wars or gang fights.
>>
>>54855
I don't surf because I'm afraid of sea creatures, but I'm glad there's a surfing thread, I honestly thought that this was a dead sport that was only being kept alive by oldies that couldn't let go of their glory days.
>>
>>96112
bruh, i'm in portugal now, buncha hot young dtf chicks are surfing here (or "learning to surf") british, german, canadian, all very young
>>
>>96545
I'm seriously contemplating doing my surf instructor certificate solely to fuck young internationals that are on surfing vacation.
>>
>>76379
I got up on a board for the frst time at 26 yo.
I'm 43 and getting pit everyday.
>>
File: 1401176387015.jpg (143 KB, 497x371)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
About to move to MA. I'm guessing surfing as a hobby is dead to me? I did some googling and there are some surfing spots apparently but they are dead in the summer and you need to wait till late fall/winter for waves to show up which means surfing in the ice cold water. Feel free to point out if I'm wrong. Also apparently it's infested with sharks and infamous for that.
Heard some good things about Rhode Island which would be a few hours drive away but again, no waves in the summer sort of deal (according to google). At least it's not famous for great white sharks which sounds like a plus to me.

I have it easy right now in Brazil where I basically have a great surfing beach all year round only a stone's throw away from my backyard. The water is never cold either which is why I'm not used to surfing in the cold at all, let alone in a white winter considering we don't even have snow here. My family is from MA though so it's not like I could just go live in Cali instead, as much as I wish I could.

So to repeat the initial question. Is this hobby dead to me?
>>
So i went to South Africa for a month. You guys have any idea how hard it was to take off one whole month? How much money i spent? I have 3 days left, and there hasnt been a big swell yet. There probably wont be one before i leave. Fuck this and fuck my stupid ass job in germany and fuck these stupid surf trips that never fucking deliver i'll just quit this stupid hobby now fuck this. Seriously, i'm this close to quitting, breaking up with my gf, cancelling my apartment and flying to australia to be a backpacker for two years. Fuck how it is right now, last year i went to Costa Rica and i never got a big swell either.

To the brazilian american: dont fucking move, you'll end up bitter and angry like me.
>>
>>97575
ice cold water is fixable with a wetsuit and riff boots. "only surfing without suit" - what kinda spoiled surferbruh you are?

and i have 0 idea about how brazil is really like, but all my coworker dudes from Brazil who moved to Europe told me a story or two, didnt sound like all that great of a place to live. Not to me at least

>>97673
bruh, "backpacker for two years" sounds gay as fuck. I bet with your luck Australia will be out of backpackers, backpacks and LAND for two years straight. But i totally understand your frustration, it fuckin sucks, bruh

When i can't surf, I go bodyboard, go skimboard if there's a sandy shore, go skate, find a beach volleyball group, take a fuckin mtb tour - endless possibilities. Shit is supposed to be fun, we do this for fun. Life can be a "fun adventure" with or without good surf conditions.
>>
File: 1653369678710s.jpg (6 KB, 250x239)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>97673
>waaaah my privilege
>>
>>97688
>and i have 0 idea about how brazil is really like, but all my coworker dudes from Brazil who moved to Europe told me a story or two, didnt sound like all that great of a place to live. Not to me at least
I assume we're strictly speaking surf wise here. I don't know if you're aware but Brazil is a big ass country with a huge ass coastline. There are great towns for surfing and awful towns for surfing.
>>
How gnarly are the bails in surfing compared to skateboarding? Or rather, what kinds of injuries are most common with surfing bails?
>>
>>97724
On a beach break it’s pretty rare to get hurt, I surf in Florida so there’s hardly anything else.
>>
>>97704
Fuck off you were probably born close to the ocean you have no idea what it's like to be amped for 6 months and then get no good surf. Fuck you.

>>97688
Dude i didnt fly halfway across the world to go mountainbiking i can do that in germany. You rich kids born close to the ocean will never understand.
>>
File: IMG-20210324-WA0002.jpg (77 KB, 774x799)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>97575
Crazy how all shark infestations are on the usa side of the atlantic, whereas on the european side, right across the pond, we don't even think about sharks. Like, you have to go fishing to MAYBE see a shark.

Really, really, makes you think, huh...?
>>
File: 1397346127887.jpg (44 KB, 550x449)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>97919
Well even in the US it does seem to be highly localized. Whenever you look up surfing in Massachusetts it's ALWAYS mentioned. If you look up surfing in Rhode Island though then nobody says a word about sharks. I'm going to assume from logic that it's not impossible for them to show up there though considering how close it is but apparently it doesn't happen near often enough to warrant any mentions.
>>
>>98237
What is the fat distribution in those areas?
>>
I am glassing a board right now will post pics when it is done
>>
Can I learn to surf if I’m overweight? I’m working on it but I’ve always wanted to surf and I’m tired of putting it off.
>>
File: IMG_20220601_004015.jpg (1.3 MB, 2448x3264)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB JPG
>this thread is almost a year old now

We are witnessing 4chan history
>>
>>94744
I dont fuck with Da Hui
>>
>>97791
on a beach break youre likely to get slammed down into the sand by closeouts, how I broke the nose on my first board and smashed my face a bit
>>
File: 1653596617490.jpg (30 KB, 720x720)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
Florida anon here, I always thought the waves weren't big enough here but I saw some pretty big waves this weekend and people surfing. Looking for guidance on where to buy and what to get as my first board.
Is finding a board around or under $500 realistic?
I am 6'1" 180lbs/82kg and good at snowboarding and skateboarding.
Also seen people doing the kite surfing, should I do that instead?
>>
>>98932
>Also seen people doing the kite surfing, should I do that instead?

No, but do what pleases you

Yes, you can get a used board or a foamie for under 500.
>>
File: 1639468103693.png (302 KB, 1011x569)
302 KB
302 KB PNG
>>98937
Thanks, just looked into foamies and learned about them. I don't have the vehicle space for a foamie unfortunately.
Does the amount of fins matter? I see 1, 3, or 5.
>>
>>98940

If you don't have the means to transport a foamie you sure as shit don't have the means to transport a kite quiver tbqh. Takes infrastructure. You could look in to getting a dropstitch inflatable board; they pack down pretty small but even the ones specifically designed for surfing won't surf as well as a hardboard.
>>
>>98940
How far do you live from the water?
Can't you leave it there in some facilities/shop/friend?

Three fins/"Thruster" setup is the standard fin setting.
Single fin supposedly gives you more stability but it's harder to turn.
5 give you even more stability and generally more than 3 fins are setups for barreling.
>>
>>98943
>you sure as shit don't have the means to transport a kite quiver tbqh.

?

Not knowledgeable but I usually see people just carrying a flat bag on their backs.
>>
>>66082
Ralph's
>>
File: 8ft.jpg (562 KB, 880x960)
562 KB
562 KB JPG
>>98943
I'm not going to do kite surfing, I was just checking if the consensus was overwhelming in favor of that since my locations tendency of having smaller waves
>>98952
as close as 20 mins but the good spots are 1 hour.
what do you think about pic related for $150, the listing says:
"Gerry Lopez (Maui,Hawaii) Custom Surfboard. 8' soft top w/fins & leash included. Ideal for any level skills. From beginners, intermediate.This board is in absolute perfect condition. "
I think 8ft is the biggest I can get in my vehicle.
I
>>
>>98986
Seems like a good idea. Why is it sold for 150? Is it dinged?
>>
>>99045
It's in perfect condition, they sell for $220 new at Costco. I messaged him asking if he would accept $125.
>>
File: 1640824938847.jpg (70 KB, 640x707)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>99045
He said yes to the $125 offer, I am gonna get it. I'll post update in this thread.
>>
>>99072
I'd still hit
>>
File: anons_first_board.png (1024 KB, 764x1024)
1024 KB
1024 KB PNG
>>99045
I got the board, pic related
What websites do people use to check when to go out?
Is there anything else I need? when do people where wet suits? water shoes?
>>
>>99212
surfline is pretty good for surf reports. Get a wettie if its cold idk how cold it is in florida but you'll know if you need one. No water shoes that are gay and also homosexual
>>
>>99212
Like Miyagi said, nothing replaces eyes and ears. Find out how the surf forecast translates approximately to a spot you hit. Then go and check out if you 're feeling it.
>>
File: 2nd.jpg (503 KB, 720x960)
503 KB
503 KB JPG
>>99343
>>99331
Went surfing with the wife and we got really lucky with the waves being big enough to surf and other people out there. I think it was from that tropical storm alex.
We both got up multiple times and rode over hundreds of feet.
Rode well into the night and she told me to buy another board after so we don't have to take turns and she'll keep this softie.
So I bought pic related for $575 understanding its for better waves as we are planning a Mexico trip.
Will probably get a her new board by then.
Most fun I've had in a while and all my muscles are sore couldn't ask for more, thanks for the help anons.
>>
>>99561
What...what...no lessons, no trouble? Are you an athlete?
>>
File: 5th.jpg (3.43 MB, 3780x2232)
3.43 MB
3.43 MB JPG
>>99628
Yes, we are both athletes.
Also watching some videos on what not to do while surfing instead how to surf videos also really helped.
I learned this trick from watching boat launch fail videos.
Biggest tip that helped me was to not grab the board around the edges but instead do a pushup with hands not creating drag in the water.
I took it to a shop to get the pad/leash/fins and got instructions on how to wax the board, check her out now ready to surf, pic related.
>>
>>99657
Don't get frustrated when you don't catch shit at the same rate next time out, you won't have leftover Alex swell and the extra volume to catch waves.
>>
File: bb9dy80ewqz81.jpg (145 KB, 834x1107)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>93857
>>96107
zamn whyboi we out heah stealin yall mf breaks n sheeit
>>
>>96107
shiit son come out to hawaii/samoa/tonga/nz/oz and say that - 200lb island boys will fuck you up lol pasifika black folks are literally genetically adapted to being around the ocean
>>
>>100018
black means african, not melanesian, polynesian etc
>>
>mogs the surfboardcucks
>>
File: 1654323386248.jpg (310 KB, 2500x1664)
310 KB
310 KB JPG
>>54855
Hi guys is there some way I could get a suit that has the flexibility & durability of a wetsuit but can still keep my skin dry? For medical reasons I have a wound on my abdomen that can't come into contact with seawater
>>
>>100066

drysuits are a thing but they are typically used in arctic conditions. I don't know for sure but I assume they would be completely miserable in normal beach weather. Maybe there is some variant of a drysuit designed for diving work in hot climates but idk what that would be called.
>>
File: Shoulder.png (482 KB, 698x1007)
482 KB
482 KB PNG
>>99894
I appreciate that and agree with what you said, the surf gods blessed me again though.
I just got back from a 2 day trip to Cocoa beach where the waves were shoulder high both days and I caught so many waves I stopped counting. Biggest waves I have seen in my entire life.
Wife couldn't come this trip so I still surfed the softie.
I made friends with a guy who turned out to be a surf instructor and his tips were a complete game changer for me.

1. Feet out of water not dangling causing drag.
2. Belly in middle of board.
3. Head up, look at the hot ass on the beach.
4. 2 speeds of paddling, normal and faster right before wave hits.
5. Bring arms closer to the rails of the board when paddling.
6. Hands under armpits when lifting up.
7. Crouching tiger stance.
8. Catch the waves between 45-60 degrees.

I surfed so much all my muscles ache. So my mission now until next chance to catch these bigger waves is strength training and endurance training along with increase in protein intake.
Anybody got any workout/diet advice?
>>
File: wave.png (826 KB, 715x524)
826 KB
826 KB PNG
Hey, floridanon here.
Waves have been surprisingly good in the panhandle the past few weeks, May was especially good.
Anyone else been surfing out here recently?
Pic is from a couple months ago.
Also, I picked up surfing late Fall and it's been a blast. Started on an 8 foot softie and I bought a 7 foot the other day.
>>
>>100244
Nice! I am the other floridanon from one post above you, also on an 8 foot softie.
I want to come visit the panhandle and surf, what beach should I check out for best waves?
>>
>>100228
>Anybody got any workout/diet advice?

Surf more
Push-ups to pop-up
Crouching until your bottom touches the floor
>>
>>100021

looks fun but I'm not sure why it mogs anyone?
>>
Just a few more weeks until this thread has lasted a year. The longest surviving thread in 4chan's history.
>>
>>76379
Bro you’re way too old, don’t even think about it. Look up chess or dominoes.
>>
>>101720
There are way older threads up right now, some on /po/ are 2-3 years old
>>
When was the last time you surfed bros? Went out today but it wasn’t too good
>>
>>99072
Can we please exterminate the pit bull species? Tired of their apologist scum.
>>
>>97919
its because the southern US has warm waters which make an ideal habitat for the majority of shark species. only whites and greenland sharks are able to
live in the cold northern Atlantic waters and historically whites go only as far north as france.(which could be changing soon)
On top of that the US gov does a decent job of managing the southeast fishery which naturally includes a healthy shark population.
>>
>>101870
>mediterranean

That can't be right.
>>
>>101876
https://www.nationalgeographic.co.uk/great-whites-in-the-med/amp
not as common as elsewhere, but they’re there
>>
OP here wow this board is slllooooowww
>hang ten
>>
>>104537
ONE YEAR THREAD: SOMEONE SCREENCAP THIS.
>>
>>99657
Wax a larger area and put more on until you start to get bumps. Also wax near the nose so you can have a good grip for duck diving; also learn how to duck dive. You'll save a lot of energy and effort to get out to the line up..
>>
>>96603
>getting pit everyday.

Where do you live?
>>
File: beachshark.jpg (210 KB, 800x584)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
Hi, welcome to the National Seashore! I'll be your surfing instructor today.
>>
File: morninglass.jpg (666 KB, 1024x683)
666 KB
666 KB JPG
>>98237
There are roughly 50,000 seals on the Cape during Summer. The sharks came with the increase in seal population.
Rhode Island has very few seals compared to the Outer Cape; but we have these.
>>
soifed yesterday
soifed today
probably tomorrow as well
>>
Are bodyboarders allowed in here? We are a dying breed
>>
File: 20220710_163610.jpg (1.87 MB, 4032x1816)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB JPG
Tips for buying a skim board? The last time I went was in 09 and now I'm a 30 year old boomer that wants to feel young again. Pic related, bodega Bay a couple weeks ago.
>>
>>106617
I'm a bodyboarder! I used to bodyboard all the time when I was young and last year I got back into it.
>>
What would stop me from repurposing a windsurf board for wavesurfing? Are there any difference in weight and trim that would make this impossible or would it just mean suboptimal surfing?
>>
>>107555

Depends a lot on the board. Some windsurfing boards would be outright impossible to paddle in, others would do fine. You can always just go give it a try; worst case scenario is that it doesn't work very well.
>>
>>98986
Those fucking warning labels..........
>>
>>81184
a deadly venomous cone snail snail
>>
first for johanne a cute
>>
File: IMG_4340.jpg (2.43 MB, 2448x3264)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB JPG
>>107927
>>
>>106617
No you are not you crybaby

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.