[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 98 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_4656.jpg (1.25 MB, 1125x1105)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
You are never to fat or old to skate on a healthy diet of concrete and pain.

Skateboarding is 90% Mental, 10% Physical, 110% Send.

Beginner Tip: Visualize, Stretch, and Practice, Practice, Practice. Record yourself in slow motion video.

Trick Tip: A 50-50 is a grind where the skater grinds along a rail or surface edge with both trucks. This can be done by jumping on a rail or towards a surface edge and simply pressing the “Grind” button, Triangle on the Playstation controller and Y on an Xbox controller.

Skating Alone Is Good For The Soul.

Skate Parks Are A Training Ground, Not A Fashion Catwalk.

How To Make WEBMs: https://cloudconvert.com/mp4-to-webm, Audio Codec: NONE, Video Codec: VP8

Chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) is the term used to describe brain degeneration likely caused by repeated head traumas. CTE is a diagnosis made only at autopsy by studying sections of the brain. The symptoms of CTE include memory loss, confusion, impaired judgment, impulse control problems, aggression, depression, anxiety, suicidality, parkinsonism, and, eventually, progressive dementia. These symptoms often begin years or even decades after the last brain trauma or end of active athletic involvement.

Old thread >>48840
>>
File: Capture.png (353 KB, 638x886)
353 KB
353 KB PNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFt0jP6mEVM

So I got this video in my recommended. If you don't wanna watch the guy basically says:

>nakel smith started some beef with a skate shop in LA called lotties
>ripping lotties hoddies off people
>claiming they never gave free gibs to the community
>apparently he left/got kicked off supreme and started his own "hype beast clothing brand"
>shilled it to skate shops, but nobody wanted it
>of course they don't want it, pic related rofl
>started beef with lotties over it
>a beaner got jumped at a skate park by 10 joggers because he was wearing lotties
>lotties owner put something on a social media to tell his customers to not go to that area because people are getting jumped and mugged
>nakel took further offense because he lives there or some shit
>ironically he tries to preach being respectful and positive

Any LA dudes here with more info on this? I don't wanna be the usual yuro butthurt about the US, but this seems really wack, even for US standards. Is this even real? Kind of insane really that shit like this happens.
>>
tie dye shirts were never cool
>>
>>50275
Black v. Hispanic drama and violence is normal, especially in LA.
>>
>>50272
Reminder that helmets do not prevent concussions
Reminder that you can get concussions and brain hemorrhage without hitting your head
Reminder than wrist pads are useless
Reminder that there's no padding for the tailbone
Reminder that nobody can "learn how fall" and professionals get injured as much as amateurs
Reminder that skateboarding WILL kill you
>>
>>50323
SITTING ON YOUR ASS WILL KILL YOU TOO.
>>
>>50323
>Reminder than wrist pads are useless
Not in my experience
>>
>>50320
Is Lotties owned by a spic or something?
>>
File: local shop order.png (211 KB, 1139x967)
211 KB
211 KB PNG
>>50272
rate my order nerds
>>
>>50332
Your local doesn't have jessup?
>>
>>50333
i don't really follow pros I choose a deck based on whichever graphic I like because that's what has the biggest impact on how well you skate
>>
>>50332
fuck that canadian import cost. do locally made decks go for cheaper ? Do you have anything in like the 60 CAD range?
>>
>>50334
I was gonna give you a high rating, but since you're retarded, best I can do is 2/10. Sorry.
>>
is deluxe still the cool brand? and is roger™ still around?
>>
>>50338
oh kek jessup is a grip brand? hwhy tf would I give a shit about the brand of my griptape? but no they don't

>>50336
yeah they had a blank shop deck in that price range but cooler graphics make you skate better
>>
>>50341
Anon you a high schooler? The way you type and that size M t-shirt are kind of suspicious.
>>
File: 1611155864208.png (129 KB, 680x785)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
>>50342
no I am 29 years old believe it or not! just a bit retarded
>>
>>50344
Well jessup in 4chan's grip of choice. Now you know.
>>
File: 1416162176290.gif (1.56 MB, 400x267)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB GIF
Brothers, I can't stop thinking about the girl I met at the park yesterday...
>>
>>50275
> LA
All you need to know. Nothing but fake people live there. Their religion is drama.
>>
>>50349
You should, she’s probably a lesbian
>>
>>50365
I really hope not.
>>
>>50365
Women only skate to attract men, the bigger issue is that there's 99% chance she already has a bf
>>
>>50368
I think she's in her 30s. Doubt she skates to attract men. No ring, but high chance she has a bf. Maybe.
>>
Skater girls are cringe af. Girls who ride those roller-rink 4 wheeler rollerskates at the park and do handstands and grinds are absolutely based.
>>
>>50374
We have one of those that does handstands and flips on the big quarter. She does like a literal backflip.
>>
>>50374
we have a few of those that show up from time to time that want us to see their lower buttcheeks or tittymeat
>>
>>50340
Would you look at that, roger™ just dropped a new video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JylLL_UzQj0
>>
>>50368
Most women who skate beyond just cruising aren’t even into men
>>
>>50272
>ride 9 for a month
>cant find any 9 inch decks
>grab 8.75
>INSTANTLY CANNOT KICKFLIP LOST ALL CONFIDENCE CANT SKATE
>>
>>50374
I LOVE when these girls come to the park
>>
>>50374
Guys on plank: cool
Girls on plank: cringe

Guys on fruit boots: gay
Girls on fruit boots: mesmerizing
>>
File: soyboy_shrug.jpg (22 KB, 220x292)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>50346
Even though MOB is and always has been superior. But autism amirite
>>
File: 1610292375098.png (200 KB, 361x363)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
>>50399
>MOB is and always has been superior

That's what reddit wants you to believe. 4chan's brands are as follows: Jessup for grip, independent for trucks, bones for wheels, and SKF industrial bearings. Hardware doesn't matter as long as it's not philips head. Deck brands are too many to list, and on a case by case basis. You may not like it, but these are facts.
>>
File: IMG_3239.jpg (784 KB, 1200x1600)
784 KB
784 KB JPG
new board
>>
>>50400
Checked - but from my experience, MOB grip, Thunder trucks, Bones/Spits/Rictas for wheels are all good, and Home Depot for bearings and hardware (or Lowes if you also need a gift card for your wife's boyfriend)
>>
>>50400
>>50403
HA! Venture trucks, bones bearings, spitfire wheels, and black magic grip.
>>
>>50386
i noticed that too right after i posted it
>>
>>50400
>>50403
>>50407
Theeve trucks, Mob Grip, Bronson Bearings, Mini Logo wheels
>>
File: bonesrollerbackflip.webm (1.34 MB, 1280x720)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB WEBM
>>50374
>>50375
>>
>>50409
>Bronson Bearings

I've always used Reds, but I heard good things about these (and David Gravette's Bronson part was based AF), so I got a set of G2s on standby for my next loadout
>>
>>50410
>2055
"Hey look I found an old video of grandma"
>>
File: trucks.jpg (150 KB, 1149x1532)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
The rubber part (not the bushing) just kind of fell out of my trucks today. Anyone else had this happen? They're pretty old. recs for trucks to get? my local has venture, independent, ace, & bullet
>>
>>50401
looks tight

>>50425
That's the pivot cup. Just buy a replacement.
>>
Been watching some Hop King vids, damn their guys are good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6w2pyyoqUo

I might be biased as they're just down the road from me
>>
>>50432
I used to skate with TJ Rogers when he was younger, it's always nice to see old homies killing it.
>>
>>50429
>That's the pivot cup. Just buy a replacement.
oh shit, that helps thanks. would hardware stores carry these guys or would I have to order them from an actual skateshop? i live in the middle of nowhere
>>
>>50412
I have some G2s for the first time, and they are really smooth and fast. I was scared because a lot of bad reviews about them exploding or not lasting long... I guess time will tell. They are noticeably faster(I'm talking a lot) than any of the other bearings I've tried in recent memory, and it's not just because of spacers, as I have spacers in all my wheels. If these hold up, I'm gonna try the G3s next.
>>
>>50425
I am a loyal Venture rider. Just like em, simple as.
>>
need a wide ass decck
>>
>>50459
just git gud at skate boarding
>>
>>50460
i'm not even going to get good at tricks. i'm past that point. the best i can do it a nollie big spin and fakie 360's. having a smaller board is hindering anyone who isn't into skating tech
>>
File: 1600656394245.png (47 KB, 800x750)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
you WILL support queer skate companies and collaborations or we WILL cancel you
>>
>>50467
anyone have a list of non faggot companies?
>>
>>50467
it's gay month. get used to it. i'll suck your dick?
>>
File: 1588167590198.jpg (50 KB, 615x621)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
fuck skateboarding being an olympic sport

simple as
>>
>>50467
>>50468
who tf are these queer skate companies you spergs keep screeching about? literally the only time I see or hear about this nonsense is on esg. you faggots are the vocal minority.

>>50464
those are pretty good tricks desu. if you keep practicing you'll get better over time, simple as.
>>
>>50471
guten tag familiaren, heil skatebarding
>>
>>50473
it's good for marketing. thats the only reason the government pushes this. you think they care about gay people in general?
>>
File: except these ones.jpg (36 KB, 474x592)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>50275
this is so lame. if this is real i can't fuck with nakel anymore. I used to look up to that nigga. I get not fucking with them anymore and making a social media post shit talking them but doing gang-tier shit is really disappointing.

>>50313
>filename

>>50332
So its this expensive because its imported? They could at least give you the grip for free. I assume that would ship bulky.

>>50346
>4chan's grip of choice
kek

>>50390
I'm not sure about that. 3 of the 4 skater girls I met are straight. You may have a bigger data pool but I'll take this with a grain of salt.

>>50410
gnarly

>>50473
>who tf are these queer skate companies you spergs keep screeching about
not him but vans
>>50475
fucking this. same thing with blm. any ad you see that says they support a movement is just doing it as a marketing ploy unless they are actually donating to charity or taking action. And even then, its likely a front since they probably do a lot of reprehensible things.
>>
>>50332
>10 bucks for grip

uh dude. skatewarehouse has grip for like 1 dollar
>>
I no longer give a fuck what people think are cool/uncool brands. I went to NYC and almost everyone was riding/rocking Supreme or FA which are probably the most hated brands. On top of that, I genuinely like Supreme's artistic/nyc brand. And Jason Dill is one of my favorite skaters. What real reason do you have to hate on these brands?
>>
>>50480
supreme and FA just rip shit off 90% of the time
>>
File: 1612149899370.jpg (189 KB, 615x689)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
imagine having a friend or friends to skate with
>>
>>50481
sauce?
>>
File: k.jpg (36 KB, 800x702)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
i'm going to start skating 10's. al memes aside. i can't fit my feet on popsicles.
>>
>>50486
you plan on learning tricks? It's probably a lot harder to find standard decks that big. Do what you gotta do to keep skating.
>>
>>50488
>learning new tricks
naw i got a small bag of tricks already. Yeah it's hard to find em. unless you go online, but you'll pay for shipping...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea0Syb6ZDgY

kinda digging that surf style
>>
>>50493
I can dig it. Freestyle/surf type skating is pretty underrated. imo there is a nice medium. You'd like this, he does real simple tricks too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_jNcD9ajSg
>>
>>50494
hell yeah, thanks man.
>>
Stopping in to post a classic and say I just got my first new board in like 15 years. I forgot how exhausting this shit is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYvnNXUxNe0
>>
>>50493
God i love rough cuts. I can put my own music and they are just so comfy. This guy is so gnarly.

>>50340
>>50386
The timing of this is a little sus
Also see this part of the video https://youtu.be/JylLL_UzQj0?t=145
There is a spot I know similar to this in my city. A stair case perpendicular to the sidewalk that would be perfect for grinds. I was contemplating whether it was right to wax stairs. Wouldn't that be really dangerous for people using them? You know, slipping and cracking their heads open on the concrete stair?
>>
>>50483
>>50481
Zero ripped off the skull from toy story. Hook Ups ripped off some Sega Saturn anime girl. Enjoi ripped off New Deal. And so on and so on. Don't let such a fickle reason filter you from a brand you vibe with.
>>
>>50518
he still didn't show proof of plagiarism. And as you said, everything is a remix anyway.
>>
>>50452
I'm pretty hyped if they live up to what I've heard. I think I'll like the extra speed and smoothness. If they blow up, I always keep a couple spare bearings to salvage the sesh
>>
>>50409
>>50407
>>50403
I didn't ask what you guys rode though. I mean I ride ventures, but that doesn't change the fact that what I listed is the official 4chan /esg/ shadow government approved list of brands.
>>
>>50272
>you are never too old to skate
I just turned 30 and had a board while going to uni, want to pick it up but it feels like im in my early midlife crisis. Never gotten further than ollies too
>>
Black wheels are based, they are like little car tyres.
>>
>>50554
Name one good black wheel.
>>
>>50272
More than 10% physical. Unless you're not going anywhere and staying in one spot, but thats kind of dumb

75% mental 25% physical
>>
Currently riding Spitfire Burners bearings, can someone convince me to switch up to bronson or bones?
>>
>>50563
Why?
>>
>>50560
I think as a beginner, it's more like 80% physical and 20% mental, then once you can balance and ride without much effort it starts making the shift towards being more of a mind game.
>>
>>50529
Leave the hivemind bullshit to reddit

>>50563
I've had spitties and they're fine. I feel like they explode sooner than Reds, but that might be purely in my head. I'd say keep skating what feels good and is affordable
>>
File: 143323490823.png (323 KB, 995x713)
323 KB
323 KB PNG
>>50272
>>50272
Someone mentioned the Shortys doh dohs in an earlier thread so I decided to try them out. What a pleasant surprise. I'm using their soft blue ones in my Independents, and I'm liking them a lot. I didn't think a difference in bushings would be so pronounced.
>>
File: best black wheel.jpg (184 KB, 1200x675)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>>50557
This one did pretty good
>>
give me one good reason why i should buy anything other than $10 independent bearings
>>
>>50601
at least buy the independent bearings that come with spacers. i think the red ones are like $12-13. spacers make a difference. I've learned that recently.
>>
>>50563
I recently bought bronson g2 off amazon for $15. I needed new bearings and wanted to have some with spacers for the first time. it was cheaper than buying reds and spacers separately. first impressions is that they are smooth, quiet, and surprisingly fast. only thing I can't comment on is how long they will last... but I'm liking them and hope they last.
>>
>>50574
once you are very good, it's 99% mental. you can do most of the tricks you are thinking about doing, and quickly learn new tricks... but you gotta get over the fear and commit. not being confident and hesitating is what makes you eat shit at that level. for new skaters, it's still very mental, but in a different way. new skaters tend to try to grind out attempts when learning a trick, instead of stopping to think "what am I doing wrong/why isn't it working" through a physics lense. I remember mindlessly grinding shit out and having to learn the long/hard way, instead of looking at what I was doing and trying it different ways instead of one single hardheaded way. don't get me wrong, you gotta grind it out to get it, but it can take way longer if you don't analyze the motions involved and just go on feel alone.
>>
>>50551
I just got a new board at 33.
>>
>>50477
>You may have a bigger data pool but I'll take this with a grain of salt.
I would think so. Here in NYC, dyke skaters are the clear majority to straight skaters in terms of females.
>>
>>50480
Coda, Zoo York, Iron Claw Skates and any othee brand that sources wood from Chapman are the real New York brands.
>>
>>50601
None reason unless you're one of those mongoloids who think that bearings affect speed
>>
name of black dude with dreads from nike's new video? i feel like I keep up with footy pretty well but then there's always some dude I don't know doin big shit in a major vid.
>>
>>50481
everything kinda rips off everything else. obviously they do it a little better comparing their graphics to the 0% effort shitty graphics a lot of brands put out. and they are doing some interesting board stuff with the insert/holo graphics, embossed logos, and just having unique shapes in general.
>>
>>50332
what makes that tool a bearing saver?
>>
Why do I still suck at pushing? I can get some speed but it feels like my foot placement is constantly spastic and I end up planting my pushing foot too much.
>>
>>50622
Korahn Gayle. Don't feel bad anon, there's too much footy out there to keep up with
>>
>>50601
My random independent bearings lasted me longer than my bones reds. Bearings go brrr.
>>
File: 1621422524616.webm (2.71 MB, 504x896)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB WEBM
Whats with the new new york city kids like that redheaded kid from the 917 video he makes skateboarding look ugly like every trick is just gross looking
>>
>>50635
muh street style look @ me I'm so cool type of trend
>>
>>50512
>Wouldn't that be really dangerous for people using them? You know, slipping and cracking their heads open on the concrete stair?
If they do then they sue the city not you so everyone wins you get a nice spot and that person gets paid
>>
File: 1379324784911.jpg (3 KB, 126x108)
3 KB
3 KB JPG
Guys today I tried boardslides for the first time ever and landed a few. Didn't worsen any injuries, and it's going to rain until the end of the week, so that's plenty of time to rest and come back stronger. Feeling good about learning airwalks soon.
>>
>>50635
naw it's just a 90's grunge style. nothing new
>>
>>50639
>Feeling good about learning airwalks soon
just skip those
>>
>>50639
Congrats, anon, keep up the good work. Make sure to keep stretching and doing some light exercises every day. For airwalks, get your nose grabs down first and keep practicing to pop ollies higher
>>
damn, the webm in last general's op is 5 min from where i live
>>
if i was gonna buy a rail, would /esg/ recommend flat or round?
>>
>>50275
Just googled nakel smith. Why is a 26 year old man going around doing this shit? I thought he was like 15 after reading your post.
>>
>>50642
that 90s grunge era was terribly unaesthetic it was worse than the tight pants late 2000s
>>
>>50649
i know, the zoomer kids for some reason look at it as a cool edgy/cky era. kinda like how doomer's liked 80's aesthetic.
>>
took the big boy pill. these are insanely fun for simple style skating.
>>
>>50647
noobs will tell you to get a square/flat rail because it seems easier to do tricks on at first thought... but it isn't for most tricks. also, most handrails are round so getting a round rail makes more sense. you lock in on a round rail just like a flat rail. I had a round kink rail as a kid that I loved.
>>
>>50403
>MOB grip, Thunder trucks, Bones wheels
Based. I've been using this exact setup for 12 years.
>>
>>50647
flat. easier to lock in.
>>
MOB, thunders, the rest doesn't matter. this is what based looks like.
>>
>>50648
>Why is a 26 year old man going around doing this shit

it's dey culcha
>>
>>50647
round leaves more room for error
>>
>>50647

>>50655 This. If you want to learn smiths or feebles, then round is better anyway. Square rail is about equivalent to grinding a box or ledge, so just get a round rail and build a box or wax a curb.
>>
>>50657
not true for many grinds.
>>
File: Circle Rail.gif (3.76 MB, 480x480)
3.76 MB
3.76 MB GIF
>>50647
How about this for a circle rail?
>>
You guys like my longboard?
>>
>>50626
practice riding on your front foot only and keep that feeling of leading with your weight on the front when u ride normally
>>
>>50325
Exactly. Being sedentary even if you aren't overweight is awful for your body and mind.
>>
>>50675
Thanks, will give it a go.
>>
>>50647
i dont understand square rails. you really lock into it more like a ledge/box. it's not like you're skating a rail really. with a round rail you get those nice lock-ins.

also less friction is reason enough. square rails always feel sticky.
>>
>>50638
Seems risky. Once I learn fs tailslides I'll hit it

>>50635
>>50636
the redhead kid's style doesn't seem that grunge. Maybe I'm getting 90s and 2000s confused but didn't they used to slam down hard on their boards back then? He is landing super light.

>>50649
watch zoo york mixtape bro. 90s nyc skating was core as fuck.

>>50652
is that over 9 inches?
>>
>>50683
>is that over 9 inches?

yeah they're usually 10's or 10.25. All memes aside, they're not that hard to skate. Foot placement is focused more in the middle of the deck. It has different pinch points, but you'll get it in a day of riding, surprisingly not hard to flip either, just gotta find that pinch point.

Only thing I don't like is have a short nose, using the tail for nollie tricks. But they are so fun to ride.
>>
File: cab.jpg (386 KB, 516x1512)
386 KB
386 KB JPG
>>50684
>surprisingly not hard to flip either, just gotta find that pinch point.
can confirm. my buddy got pic related the other day and i somehow managed to kickflip with it. in my head i thought they were really heavy or something. i dont know.
>>
>>50688
fuuuck that deck is sick. might pick up a powell peralta for my next deck
>>
>>50626
unironically loosen your trucks
>>
loose trucks will make you a better skater.
>>
>>50683
>watch zoo york mixtape bro. 90s nyc skating was core as fuck.
yeah late 90s nyc era was this shit its the modern mob style huge pants and wack trick selection
>>
>>50712
depends couldn't tre flip at all till i tightened my trucks up a bit but i was riding my trucks with the bolt just tight enough to not fall off
>>
>>50447
skateshop, but since those look like weird brand trucks (industrial???), you may as well just get a new pair since you might not get a pivot cup that fits (in an extreme case) but also they are like a dollar so who cares. if you decide to snag a new pair of trucks se below

>>50425
venture
>>
>>50486
which deck you going for?
>>
>>50688
>really heavy
They left the same impression on me too.I was a kid when these were phased out and they looked like enormous.. 15 years later they're just a toy. This might sound weird but it's actually lighter than my 9" welcome deck I had with kruxs. the shorter length takes off a lot of weight for sure
>>
>>50723
weird, it was the opposite for me. I can tre flip without even trying on loose trucks, but stiff, tight trucks is harder for me.
>>
>>50731
danforth
>>
>>50731
Just realized how much more soul shaped decks have. Now I get why old heads talk shit about popsicle boards. THe fact that skaters had their own personal shapes was pretty dope
>>
>>50731
https://www.instagram.com/skull_skates/
>>
>>50739
i have a horse deck (10.5) of theirs, & it fucking rules. flat as hell, no nose, huge wheelbase

>>50737
nice, does it still come with 2 wheelbase options?
>>
>>50740
>2 wheel base

no. but i've seen those and that's fucking crazy. idk why more board companies don't do that.

yeah it's so nice, im loving it. everything you said, yes. SO wide, my foot just catch the board np ..so hyped xD
>>
>>50737
Those shapes are amazing.
>>
File: l.jpg (18 KB, 475x356)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
female skater is qt and very attractive
>shes a lesbian
>i'll never cuddle with her
>she hates the pener

why breh.why
>>
>>50755
>>she hates the pener
you can usually convince them otherwise
>>
File: 1619495730164.gif (962 KB, 235x426)
962 KB
962 KB GIF
i need a job
>>
>>50757
yeah girls can switch up like that somehow. a lot of them could say shit like "yeah i was a lesbian in college". like what? if a dude said he used to suck dick in college he's gay. i don't get it.

but hey lesbians are more fun
>>
I hope you all achieve your skateboarding goals.
>>
how much do tighter trucks help with pressure flips? and gimme tips
>>
Forgive me thread for I'm le newfag.
So I've got this really old board from when I was much younger (15 years back) and I have a few questions
>shape is kinda teardrop-ish, one side is fatter by less than 1"
What's that for and which side should I put my front foot on ? I dont feel much of a difference riding to work but I plan on trying tricks soon ish so I'd love some advice
>the whole board might have warped, unweighted only 3 of 4 wheels rest on the ground
Any easy fix ? I have no fucking clue about inner workings and hardware but maybe it's a common thing ?
Thanks, excuse my newfagging
>>
Any frenchfag knows of a good spot in Lyon ? Quays looks good but it has very colorful people and I'm not into that
>>
>>50767
be the second to do the 25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ji3UpOBrXE
>>
File: lookatthisfaggot.jpg (43 KB, 680x453)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>50480
dills skateboarding is cool but he's a fucking faggot off the board just listen to him talk
>>
File: 20210609_100511.jpg (2.91 MB, 4032x3024)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB JPG
Friendship ended with SPITFIRE. Now BONES is my best friend.
>>
File: 20210609_103803.jpg (2.66 MB, 4032x3024)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB JPG
>>50780
bones wtf...
>>
>>50783
STF’s are that off-white color
>>
>>50784
No, there's holes on the inside. I also can't get some of the bearings in with literally all my weight and strength. God I hate wheel brands so fucking much these days. My last spitfires was the same shit. Struggled to get my old bearings even. It was never like this before.
>>
>>50787
Try Mini Logo wheels, you’ll be surprised at how well made they are
>>
>>50787
>holes on the inside
I don't see the problem here
>>
>>50788
My mini logos didn't have this issue but they're shit wheels otherwise.

>>50789
Supposed to be the best wheels yet the QC is shit.
>>
>stripped my nut
>can't find my spares

WHY MUST EVERYTHING BE SO SHIT I JUST WANNA SKATE
>>
>>50790
It's probably air bubbles that got trapped during the pouring process, don't think about it too much.
>QC is shit
Mainly riding spits lately, but I never had a problem with bones on the quality.
>>
>>50790
>but they're shit wheels otherwise.
Can’t agree with that at all.
>>
>>50793
You don't have to.

>>50792
Hopefully no air bubbles deeper into the mould though.
>>
File: 2776389.jpg (58 KB, 1080x1080)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>
>>50776
he's got CTE and I think he was into drugs.
>>
>go skateboarding do is in gay pride month
>im not gay
>>
>>50323
>I am a skater dude's conservative mother in a 90's TV special
>>
>>50800
cute :)
>>
>>50800
so i should be proud to be a straight white male
>>
>>50817
your race has nothing to do with it, it's pride babe
>>
>>50800
this is wrong. i have gay friends and they're completely against this marketing bs that has infiltrated every culture possible so they can get payed huge amounts of money. i don't have to skate for pride fool. stop promoting this shit dude.
this isn't a cry for help. gay people are already proud they don't need you to help them.
>>
>>50800
skateboard heart is cute
>>
>>50821
As a gay guy I hate corps trying to use it as a marketing tool, but what exactly is this selling? Seems to me like it's just a bit of solidarity
>>
>>50823
companies use it to promote their products to gain more revenue. It's really for them in the end, they could care less about the actual pride month.
>>
>>50827
yes I understand this. What I'm asking is, what is >>50800
promoting? What about this is marketing? What does the group who made this graphic want me to purchase?

As far as I can tell, nothing, so why be mad? Why say "this is wrong"?
>>
>>50829
the less babies the indigenous population makes the more short fat brown people they can import to further lower wages and living conditions thus making you less independent.
>>
>>50830
Oh wow so you're an actual retarded person then. cool, we need more disabled representation too
>>
>>50776
I've seen interviews. I still like him.

>>50806
He used to do a lot of drugs. Idk about now.
>>
>>50830
Can the brown people somehow not see advertisements or globohomo propaganda? It only works on Wh*tes?
>>
>>50834
As we all know, brown people traverse the material plane using only echolocation, they do not "see" as we see, so this propaganda will simply not work on them
>>
>>50830
wow based. wasn't expecting that.
>>
>>50829
it's classifying a broad spectrum of individuals into a narrower category of poop. does this answer your quesT?
>>
File: 20210609_115602.jpg (1.78 MB, 3120x3120)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB JPG
This is my secret skate spot where I practice alone because I'm old and I suck.
>>
>>50839
Lovely, 10/10 would hang out with a stereo and a few beers
>>
>>50839
go to the parks. you'll get better sooner.
>>
>>50800
LOL! I remember back in like 2007-2013, when we had huge hordes of skaters overtaking the streets on Go Skate Day, they were yelling "faggot" and shit at anyone who beeped their horn or told us to move.
>>
File: 1568025074998.jpg (47 KB, 720x809)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
Learnt frontside 180 today. Left it alone for like 3 months to focus on shove its and practicing kickflip (still not landed), came back to it and can now land it every 2nd time on day 1.
>>
>>50800
skaters have always hated faggots
>>
>>50823
Faggot queer bitch enjoy your aids.
>>
>>50841
nah park culture is wack
>>
>>50852
i agree, but you can still meet people at your level. sometimes it's good.
>>
how the fuck you get pop on varial flips and 360 flips, i cant even do them over a curb
>>
>>50850
I will ty x
>>
>>50834
where did it say whites only? you have bad reading comprehension
>>
File: 1621092939154.webm (2.68 MB, 720x1280)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB WEBM
>>50853
at my park no one is there when i go it's a mixed bag i like no one in my way and no bikers but its also very lonely
>>
>>50763
>which side do I put my foot on
Figure out ur stance (goofy or regular: depends on what foot you feel most comfortable putting on ur board vs pushing) and have your dominant foot be on the front.

You can tell what the nose/tail is by looking at the graphic. Your board sounds like it’s an asymmetrical board so you want the fatter part to be the tail if that makes sense.

>is there any easy hardware fix?

No. If the wood is warped the deck is trashed. It will still ride fine but pop/durability is shot to shit. You won’t pop as high when doing Ollie’s and ur more likely to have the thing break just by putting weight on it.

The trucks/wheels might be The only thing u can salvage out of it desu. Most boards only last 1-2 years at the very most and bearings(things in the wheels) and the bushing (things inside the trucks that are colorful) usually get shredded pretty fast.

Best thing to do is remove the trucks, take the bearings out of the wheels, take the bushings out of the trucks, and go to ur local skateshop to pick up a new deck and some basic hardware

Honestly, a lot of ur questions will be answered more in depth there: unless they’re total assholes most skateshop owners love to help you out and decide which setup may be best for you.

Feel free to like reply to this post if u want further help: I can’t say I’m a pro but I know enough from skating for like 3 years that I can help u with basic setup questions that every intermediate/decent skater should know by now
>>
>have two local stores
>one is alright
>one is the retards
>retards is more convenient location
>fuck it go retards, give them another chance
>go in
>they're still retards

Retard can't tell old from new bearings.
>>
>>50863
Thanks mate ! Ended up using my afternoon off to go to my local shop which seems pretty neat, bought a whole new board and the vendor explained that I shouldn't be riding my old board cause it's for a shoe size around 36 (french) and I'm at 42 so the size difference is MASSIVE. Also non rusted bearings on non rusted trucks with not worn out wheels make one hell of a speed difference, I gotta learn how to stop now
I took black Bones wheels cause I ride it to work and the shopkeep said I'd trash the thin stock ones which are made for park use only, I still have em if I ever wanna go to my local park so that's neat
I went to a flat area near my flat and did a few things I used to know, ollies manuals, the basics, I forgot everything it seems
I tightened the trucks a lot when I came back home, cause they were so loose I could basically 360 just by putting weight, and the wheels had ripped paint under the deck so I figured they shouldn't be coming so close to the board, is there any rule of thumb on trucks tightening ?
Also, sorry for blogging
>>
>>50863
>bearings(things in the wheels) and the bushing (things inside the trucks that are colorful) usually get shredded pretty fast

Just wanted to say that I have 15 year old independent bearings and some of them still spin.
>>
>>50852
"park culture is wack" says the guy who skates a flatground only spot alone. at least find some curbs or something.
>>
>>50790
>Supposed to be the best wheels
>bones
heh
>>
>>50873
retard yes they are
>>
File: __-____1.jpg (64 KB, 450x338)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>50829
>Why say "this is wrong"?

Because its statist propaganda. Its meant to display that the one who posted it is loyal to the Uniparty and cultural revolution movement**. Its the current version of what is depicted in the image attached. It replaces any individualistic artistic creation with an approved style. To keep this skate specific, rather than show BA, or trans skaters riding down the street together, or Neckface art, or Blender art, or Noras art, or anything else, its all replaced with flat colorful blobs, and you are expected to honor and revere this replacement of the original (in this case, skate) identity.

This is the key difference between people today. Those who see this imagery as benign are simply unable to comprehend the total power it represents. The rest despise it, as it is a reminder of the all consuming evil that has control over the entire world at the moment. No individuality. No nationality. Just a colorful, ugly, weak blob, all thats left when everything has been replaced with idealogical propaganda.

**(i refuse to use the G*H* term, which is an intentional rebranding to make certain people reject anything said by those who use it. Just like the real allegations regarding J.E. and world leaders were rebranded into "Q.a.n.o.n." and suddenly "its just Republican bullshit i dont have to listen to it"
>>
>>50635
imagine penetrating a female. jesus christ
>>
>>50883
>Its the current version of what is depicted in the image attached
this just looks like some fire ass dragonball z shhit to me bro
>>
File: Spill.gif (907 KB, 280x210)
907 KB
907 KB GIF
>>50868
>the wheels had ripped paint under the deck so I figured they shouldn't be coming so close to the board

This is called wheel bite, and it's pretty normal. It shouldn't stop you unless you try to turn too sharp while you're not going very fast. Just don't try to skate with coffee (gif related)

>is there any rule of thumb on trucks tightening ?

It's different for everyone, but you at least want the nut fully threaded on the kingpin. From there, you can tighten a bit until it feels comfortable. After that, I would recommend loosening about a quarter-turn at a time and practicing for awhile. The goal is to get comfortable riding fairly loose trucks, as it helps a lot with developing balance and style.
>>
>>50868
>is there any rule of thumb on trucks tightening ?

Don't tighten too much or your bushings can crack. If you like tight trucks you can get bones hard bushings for example.
>>
File: IMG_5839.jpg (3.84 MB, 4032x3024)
3.84 MB
3.84 MB JPG
>>50272
>>50272

i unironically picked up skating again to find a boyfriend, been skating since i was 13 and got pretty decent, ollied a 12 stair at one point when i was 15 at my peak lmao

26 now, and about as good as hayley issack, how do I get a skater bf bros? should i wear tighter clothes? are guys just going to assume im a lesbian when they find out i can tre flip? i was thinking of offering to film the guys there since i have a trv900 + baby death now, would that cringy? lol
>>
>>50909
YWNBAW
>>
File deleted.
>>50868
instead of tightening down the nut on the trucks to make them tighter, buy stiffer bushings. then, you won't have to tighten the nut as far for the desired result, thus making them last longer due to not always being compressed.
>>
>>50909
Find a boyfriend in college or something. Don't get together with some loser punk
>>
File: Bushings.jpg (72 KB, 734x458)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>50914
>>
>>50912
i have vageen and boba
>>50915
i already graduated, should i go to grad school? i kinda hate school and think skateboarding would be a really nice common ground to have in a relationship.
>>
>>50918
post tits or gtfo
>>
>>50909
>>>/slap/
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>50275
i fucking hate that faggot sm, mid 90s clout has gone to his head. his scope of politics, like most black men start at racism and ends at police brutality without a shred of intersectionality. ignorant, arrogant and annoying.
>>
>>50918
find a guy in your circle, make it known you are straight, get touchy with him, he'll get the idea
>>
>>50909
Ask a cute skater dude at the park to help you out with tricks or something. Be chatty and flirty with him. Guys like offering advice and feeling helpful
>>
Your best flatground trick:

Your best flatground switch trick:
>>
Lots of country music the session
>>
>>50938
>ollie
>switch ollie
>>
>>50666
checked rad
>>
>>50943
tony?
>>
>>50938

>Your best flatground trick:
Nollie Tre

>Your best flatground switch trick:
Switch Nollie Tre
>>
File: PicsArt_06-09-06.51.17.jpg (179 KB, 1331x587)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
My wife's sister has gotten into making jewelry and handbags and shit , and she's been connecting with other people and they've gotten together and split their money to rent a space and do pop up shops.
I've kind of befriended a guy who makes boards recently, I've been thinking about maybe doing a small order and joining my sister in law and her friends and maybe ordering like 25 or so boards and seeing where it goes with that.
I'm partial to the vaporwave aesthetic and am thinking about making decks with that kind of design especially since I don't see anyone really doing it. Do you guys think it's worth the trouble?
I wouldn't use pic related I was just messing around on my phone.
>3 block ollie
>>
>>50941
That is fucking sick
>>
>>50909
how cute are you? that really will open things up
>>
>>50938
>Your best flatground trick:
fs flips the tom penny way tre flips feel cool too
>Your best flatground switch trick:
bs flips i would say switch tres are harder but i don't have them consistent at all
>>
>>50847
fucking how? i can't for the life of me get my legs to turn
>>
>>50909
i'll date you, i'm a 29 yr old with an ok job who skateboards. you're probably better than me so you can teach me stuff it would be cute.
>>
File: 1616460940082.png (88 KB, 265x228)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
What are some skate shoes with good ventilation/breathability? It's hot as balls and I dont want to settle for nyjah's. The lakai carroll seemed good but the mesh was just for show and was on top of some more thick fabric.
>>
File: newdeck.png (3.14 MB, 1584x1205)
3.14 MB
3.14 MB PNG
>>50964
also r8 my new setup...first time gripping a board
>>
>>50909
I used to see Hayley Isaac at the park. Never thought she was lesbian. You should probably have a public instagram that people can lurk and research you on. Have a vid or two where you tag the local park or something. Comment on a post of the local shop or something. Then wait.
>>
>>50966
Crocs
>>
File: rye.jpg (524 KB, 1125x2000)
524 KB
524 KB JPG
>>50964
>>50969
lol nice setup, 7/10
>>50970
i already have an instagram with a few tagged vids but it's mostly girls that follow me and a few guys from my local parks but i haven't talked to any of them really, plus, some are minors i think
>>
>>50972
just uh "slide into their DMs" or whatever you kids do these days
>>
>>50941
Damn that bowl looks dope is that someone's backyard?
>>50951
I've seen this spot before. Where is it?
>>
>>50972
Post insta
>>
>>50972
I'm pretty sure skaters are straight. Your boipucci is worthless at a skatepark.
>>
>>50972
>lol nice setup, 7/10
Thanks, lets hang out i promise i'm not outrageously ugly
>>
>>50839
thats a nice photo
skating alone in massive empty parking lots is hella comfy. i can listen to my music loud and have a good time. Haven't had a parking lot sesh in a minute tho
>>50844
fuck yeah. this is in ny right? what day is it?
>>50847
keep it up bro
>>50870
do u clean n lube? havent done that yet but i will on my next deck.
>>50950
>switch nollie
>>
>>50972
shoo tranny
>>
>>50943
Based
>>
Do more or less kids skate than a decade ago? I keep hearing people talk about pay cuts for pros and shoe companies releasing shittier shoes
>>
>>50988
This shit's in the olympics now and becoming widely accepted. It's most definitely way bigger.

idk anything about business. my guess is that there are a lot of skate companies of about the same quality. the money is spread thin.

I wasn't skating a decade ago but I haven't had a problem with skate shoes from skate companies being low quality.
>>
>>50909
Hey tranny faggot, how are anti hero decks if I don't like a pointy tale and nose, and not having concave? Thinking of getting one, but I'd have to order online.
>>
>>50979
>I'm pretty sure skaters are straight.
oh man, this is naive.
>>50988
At the very least the pandemic has seen a surge of people picking up skating for the first time, or coming back to it. No doubt there are more kids skating as a result. I've mostly seen people who between about 20-35ish personally, but I don't think skateboarding is very popular in my particular area in the UK, so I have a very limited worldview on it.
>>
>>50996
What's naive is thinking your mental illness is the norm and assuming others are fags as well.
>>
>>50480
theyre gay lol
>>
>>50996
i'm around this age in the UK and I got a skateboard bc covid. agree you see a lot of fellow covid skaters (and rollerblading for some reason) its fairly wholesome. no shortage of kids at my local too though, a decent number of them are properly good too
>>
>>50996
Lol get a load of this faggot, stop oggling kids at the park
>>
>>50997
Whatever helps you sleep at night, honey buns.
>>
>>51015
how ironic
>>
Jason Dill is fucking lame and cringe.
>>
>>51031
I said it.
>>
The sky is blue and the sun is hot. Yeah I said it atheists.
>>
test
>>
>tfw no helena long gf
>>
>tfw no this one girl that goes to my park gf
>>
>>51040
those types if straight are just looking for skate "chads" with drugs
>>
>>51044
Probably not in my case.
>>
>>50977
>I've seen this spot before. Where is it?
Venice Beach skatepark
>>
Fucking christ, I was reading the thread about the jezebel article and then searched for it on google and realised that even getoffmylawn left us for slap! Fucking hell...
>>
>>50988
Skateboarding is probably more popular that ever , but the thing is that everyone only buys and carries a few brands.
Since hardly any people buy etnies or globes anymore they're not going to make as much.
Look at the skateparks and I bet you'll see almost the same setups. Could be because that's what's better and the cream rises to the top- but in the 90s early 2000s everyone rode something different. Could be because we had 411vm and ccs catalogs as well that really showcased each brand.
Who knows but that's my theory on why people aren't making as much
>>
>>50883
>i refuse to use the G*H* term

What is that?
>>
>>51049
Etnies make the best skate shoe on the market.
>>
>>51057
the Marana? i appreciate the toecap and hidden lace loops very much.
>>
>>51059
fuck yea, best shoe ive ever skated.
>>
skateboarding is olympic sport jock shit
>>
File: 20210610_185727.jpg (1.51 MB, 4032x3024)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
>hurrr durr you can't skate after work today
>it's gonna rain
>weather report says so

BITCH FUCKING WHERE?
>>
>>50977
Yes way out in the woods
>>
>>51064
What board does someone with a truck and American flag in it skate?
>>
File: 1497839246553.jpg (134 KB, 276x506)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>What board does someone with a truck and American flag in it skate?
>>
>>51066
hes got a point, though. these guys are always pretty bad at skating but they'll launch themselves off ridiculous heights.
>>
>>51064
what ya got in the shells anon?
>>
Want to hear the most contradicting retarded views ever on politics?
Ask a skater.
>>
>>51066
Zero
>>
i only like watching the people i grew up watching and other old people skate at this point. everything else is on some skateboard champion shit
>>
man how do you get used to balancing on a board, im struggling so bad
>>
>>51064
NC?
>>
Is there anyone here who remembers getoffmylawn and black anon?
>>
>>51002
my local is scooter kids and nout else, skateboarding is rare as owt.
>>
>>51066
I asked because I thought it was cool, and wanted to copy the cool kid itt, not because I'm a faggot. Retard.
>>
>>50951
if you did a brand i'd probably buy one from you if you used a quality woodshop
>>
>>51078
Just keep practicing, for starters. You can work on your general balance as well with yoga and one-leg stands
>>
>>51084
Everybody knows you are replying to yourself.
Nobody thinks that trolling in 4chan is an interesting hobby.
>>
>>50938
Heelflip
Switch pop shuv-it
>>
>>51094
See>>51096
>>
>>51096
kys shizo
>>
File: ps2s7nbj45561.jpg (62 KB, 1266x991)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>51098
nice b8 m8, cope moar
>>
>>51076
i feel that these kids these days do varial flips unironically
>>
>>51092
cool man, yeah the dude i been talking to seems legit
>>
>>50332
Board to small, go get a 8.5
>>
>>50482
Go slate once, make friends, skate with firends.

Literly went to the skatepark without a board today and met a homie to skate with
>>
finally I'm getting moving kickflips pretty good now, I can even do a couple in a row. going outside helped a lot because you can run out of things
>>
Starting to think I only started skating again for the social aspect of it, because I'm a sad lonely retard. Most fun I'm having is meeting people and skating with them. I can have fun if there are skaters around me too, even if I don't talk or skate with them. Skating by myself though? Bored out of my mind. Can't get hyped for shit. Tired super fast. Literally gives me brain damage.
>>
File: 89.gif (1.99 MB, 226x404)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB GIF
What are hard wheels?

Some people are saying hard wheels are better for skate parks

Some people are saying hard wheels are bad for skate parks

what the fuck
>>
>>51129
>Skating by myself though? Bored out of my mind. Can't get hyped for shit. Tired super fast. Literally gives me brain damage.
fucking same here dude but im also too embarrassed to be social at the park because im healing from a rolled ankle and suck now.
>>
>>51131
>Some people are saying hard wheels are better for skate parks
Generally true
>Some people are saying hard wheels are bad for skate parks
Only for parks past their prime with crusty surfaces, big cracks, and shit littered everywhere
>>
>>50410
Philly locals let someone rollerskate in FDR?
>>
>>51147
if I saw the bank teller lady doing backflips on vert I'd probably give her a high five, or try to fuck her
>>
>>50951
>thinking about making decks with that kind of design especially since I don't see anyone really doing it.

You don't see it cause anyone who matters in terms of art design think it sucks. And it does suck. Vaporwave/cyberpunk for aesthetics sake is complete garbage.
>>
>>50332
Lmfao you got seriously ripped off on all of these items
>>50787
>I also can't get some of the bearings in with literally all my weight and strength
You're putting on the bearings incorrectly. Set the bearing into the truck and push the wheel down onto it instead of whatever you were doing before
>>
>>51150
while i disagree that those two things suck he's right the art world is full of faggots with terrible taste
>>
>>51132
i love skating by myself especially at night i used to have a school with the a perfect ledge i miss it nothing else clears your head quiet like it
>>
>>51182
it was me, you can see the set up here >>50969 kek
>>
>>50666
this dude rides for toy machine, esg dorks are asleep on em
>>
>>51182
>You're putting on the bearings incorrectly

Fuck off know it all retard. If I say some don't go in, then they don't. Had to go to the shop to use their press.
>>
>>51190
I don't think that's the same video. The guy on the new toy machine video did several rounds I think. And he wasn't the first to grind that same spot.
>>
File: scooter_ban.jpg (40 KB, 800x170)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>51083
whoever is in charge of my current local has implemented this unfathomably based policy (they have this printed on a big sign at the entrance to the park). i would say it's mostly skateboards at the park, with a decent number of bmx-ers and a few rollerblades. See lot's of rollerbladers around with the pandemic. could be different up north though, I'm in the south atm.
>>
>>51225
What kind of park is it? Wood, concrete? I'm wondering why they ban scooters specifically. Fuck them, but fuck bikers too. If the reason is because they break shit, then bikers need to go too. Faggots chipping ledges all the time. Scooter fags literally never land tricks. They just hurr durr spin slam their scooter into the ramp, leaving holes if it's wooden, then start screaming as if they landed it. Didn't even stick it. Little bitchass retards.
>>
>>51231
its a concrete park i think the reason is literally that they don't like scooters.
>>
>>51232
I thought the UK wasn't supposed to be based...
>>
>go from working at home to back to office
>find local skatepark
>kind of janky but sick mini ramp and a cool plaza set up
>none of the ramps/transitions are welded down or bolted in
>boomer and zoomer show up
>boomer is an old local skating for the first time in years
>we play skate, he wrecks us just by using different shuv variations
>”yeah the setup used to be a lot different now it’s fucked up. Hey anon u look strong let’s reposition some shit”
>me and him fucking lift and pull a quarter pipe
>we grab this metal roll in off the ground and position it like a pump track
>completely changed the flow of the park and made the session 10x more fun
>landed a lip slide 180 out and heard them cheering
>we all dap up and leave before we get heat exhaustion

Fucking sick session, has anybody else got more extroverted from skating? I used to be awkward as fuck and now I make friends with locals all the damn time
>>
>>51150
maybe it sucks but there are people who are into it. I can do one with hillary clinton eating a baby and sell it to /pol/
>>51255
I mainly interact with people when my brother skates with my - if he doesn't- i put my headphones on and skate. i don't ignore people if they talk to me like an asshole. but sometimes its nice to have that alone time and work on your shit
>>
File: Bufoni.png (765 KB, 576x565)
765 KB
765 KB PNG
you just KNOW
>>
File: 1443620382344.jpg (37 KB, 500x216)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>can't land a bs boardslide for an entire half an hour
>starts raining
>wait, why am I being a bitch?
>wtf instead of not landing it I can like land it
>literally
>get more speed next try and land a really good one
>leave a winner

Bitchnigga rain things he can beef with me lmao.
>>
>>51260
I bet Yuto ruined her for the next person with his gigantic Japanese instrument and his unparalleled samurai fighting spirit.
>>
>>51225
Fuck I wish my park would enforce this. What's funny though is there's a cop that patrols the area every 20 minutes and will actually give warnings and even write tickets to any biker he sees due to the 'no bmx' policy. I've never seen anything like it before in my life. He's not doing this because he likes skateboarders though, he's doing it because it's rule he can exploit to be a dick. Still, after dealing with so many asshole BMX kids at other parks, it makes me laugh.

>>51255
Skateboarders are my people. I'm an autist around normies, but I can have a fun session with anyone who skates.
>>
>>51266
Fuck bikers, but fuck cops more. Shouldn't be laughing at something that can happen to you. Fucking faggot bitch cop thinking he's big shit.
>>
>>51222
that absolutely is axel cruysberghs and it's from the same video, he's even wearing the same clothes. it's just shot from a different camera
>>
Bro please recc good wheels for cruising in a city environment

i need something that wont go "CLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACK" on bricky surfaces and that can maintain speed and reduce the vibrations on rough sidewalks

ive asked at a local skateshop and bro told recommended wider, softer wheels but which ones? the rubbery longboard looking wheels or just regular looking wide wheels??
i feel like the longboardy ones are what im looking for but im worried about wheel bite

if you know of a good place to buy them online pls link because i dont thinj 64 bucks(plus tax) for wheels and 25 for bearing is fair

if you couldnt tell
im pretty new to skating and ive actually been practicing my ollie lately(its going well)
>>
>>51282
This is the skateboarding general. Not the longboarding/cruiser general that you can make on /lgbt/. We don't skate anything bigger than 54 and softer than 96, and that's pushing it.
>>
>>51190
>>51222
>>51273
They're both Braden Hoban, but it is from the Toy Machine vid, and you're right that he does it twice around as well https://youtu.be/jxndVxM9BxE?t=430
>>
>>51282
Ricta Cloud, 78a, 60mm. Those wheels will tame any 3rd world tier urban environment

t. New Yorker
>>
>>51293
thanks mate
any suggestions for good quality and cheap bearings?
>>
>>51299
Mini-Logo
>>
File: 1620620840663.jpg (112 KB, 1024x963)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
First Friday I'm off before 8:30pm in like a month and a half and it's fuckin raining
>>
>>51302
thanks a million friend
>>
>>51116
no one does varial flips. do people hate them because they're easy? they don't actually look bad. if it was about looks then why don't people hate varial heelfips? it's the same thing as far as how it looks.

>>51119
Not him but I'm also looking for people to skate with. I meet people at the park but they aren't in my immediate vicinity. I just wanna skate around and find spots in the street sometimes.

>>51122
>run out of things
what?

>>51147
yo, I'm in wilmington, de (50 mins max from philly). wanna come through to 7th street skatepark this weekend?

>>51305
yeah bro fuck this rain. it better not rain this weekend
>>
i wanna skate park and rough streets with one board. I know I want 54mm but what should I pick for hardness?
>>
>>51313
Guy, I live in Quebec.
>>
>>51317
hey me too anon
wanna come to skate at van horne sunday?
>>
File: gyrJBUqGZao.jpg (62 KB, 450x450)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>51147
>>51317
my dumbass just realized what u meant. this offer is still open to anyone here.
>>
Tonight for the first time ever I did shrooms and skated a bit and I get why people say it's such a big deal. It was fun as hell. Have never felt good times & freedom like that before I don't think. If you haven't done shrooms I would recommend them. Only regret is waiting until I was 29 to do this. Shit was fun as hell.
>>
>>51352
Fuck off degenerate drug shill.
>>
>>51352
I gotta make sure to skate next time I partake.
>>
>>51313
>it's the same thing as far as how it looks.
wrong and take that shit opinion elsewhere
>>
Unpredictable gay fucking weather. Can't tell if it's gonna rain.

odds: skate
evens: don't skate
0: kill myself
>>
>>51386
Fuck you I'm skating.
>>
where is skatopia? is it still a free land for everyone?
>>
>go to skatepark
>scooter league 2021 "competition" is today
>wanted to get one sesh before it rains all week starting tomorrow
>don't know where else to skate in this trash city

Some fucking gay shit. I want to die.
>>
i wish i had friends to skate with
i wish i had a mean lesbian skater bully gf
>>
>>51355
kek literally shrooms are the only drug I've done in like 6 or 7 years. and alcohol.

>>51366
it was so fun anon, definitely do it if you get a chance
>>
File: 1612987870319.png (598 KB, 999x886)
598 KB
598 KB PNG
>>>51355
>kek literally shrooms are the only drug I've done in like 6 or 7 years. and alcohol.
>>>51366
>it was so fun anon, definitely do it if you get a chance
>>
>>50480
>>50480
Some guy that my friends were friends with skates for supreme now. He was in my friend group but I thought he was a kook. Growing up, he was the biggest fucking faggot loser I have ever met. U seriously hated him. When we all turned 18-19 everyone got jobs except for him, he would just beg people to buy him shit every time we skated. He would constantly beg people for skate gear and act like he was owed it, and would suck his teeth and mumble under his breath at you if you said get a job. He was the laziest shitbag I have ever met. Dropped out of high school to make a career out of taking his grandmother's social security checks to smoke blunts with. No marketable skills, no hobbies. Just a freeloading lazy faggot retard. He would constantly talk about his Instagram followers and this guy or that guy liked his shit. He was the fucking worst. Well eventually he moved to NY and I always see him on mark Gonzalez Instagram and now they're buddy buddy. He's in all the supreme videos high fiving people and giving hugs. As far as I am concerned, every single person who is associated with that brand is a fucking faggot loser for accepting that guy, a complete fuckup who is only good at skateboarding and being a mooch. What can I except from NY. FUCK mark Gonzalez.... I'd rather live in fucking Sudan or Croatia than New York City
>>
>>51416
Not saying who he is but he's in this vid https://youtu.be/6PGAF7Bmm5M
>>
>>51416
>>51417
you are such a faggot, just namedrop him if you hate him so much. you're on an anonymous image board retard.
>>
>>51418
To most people, personality really doesn't matter at all. It's just about how good you are. I used to not believe that, but now I do. Sponsorships are 100% about Instagram followers count regardless of who you are or what you do. I'd rather hang with someone who can barely drop in but is a good person than some fuckup who constantly steals from people but can grind 20 stair handrails
>>
>>51419
ok are you going to keep bitching about this dude or just fucking tell us his name so we can hate him with you?
>>
>>51313
run out of falls
>>
>>51418
must be the guy at 3:43 I don't recognize that looks like a scumbag steve
>>
File: 1607142468224.jpg (81 KB, 828x812)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
why did i let myself get fat over the last year. skating + fat is terrible. never been this big
>>
>>51379
are you retarded?
regular varial flip
goofy varial heel
same fucking thing, dumbass. it's not an opinion.
hard flips and inward heels are the same in this way as well. same as front and back shuvs. but i guess i'm just thinking about the movement of the board and not what it looks like when you do them so you're not 100% wrong. i do think front shuvs look better than back.
>>
>>51428
You should unironically kill yourself.
>>
>>51429
go fuck yourself faggot
name a single sentence that was incorrect or didn't make sense
>>
File: Capture.png (244 KB, 303x896)
244 KB
244 KB PNG
Guys I found 4chan's skateboard.
>>
>>51431
Everything you said is retarded.
>>
>>51433
how? the board rotates the same way in a goofy kickflip and a regular heelflip. what don't you understand?
>>
>>51434
It doesn't mean it's the same thing. At all. You LITERAL fucking autist.
>>
>>51416
society, bro....
i doubt you'd dox yourself besides the city your from if you name drop him. just do it. That seriously sucks but I guess that's just the way it is on this bitch of an earth. But now that I think about it - it makes sense. If you have the skill and connections, people will pay attention. I guess a non shitty personality isn't necessary if you aren't just a liar.
>>
>>51437
>if you aren't just a liar
i meant if you didn't make that story up

>>51435
it kind of does but not technically
>>
>>51438
It literally doesn't.
>>
cellphone bill or board?
>>
>>51441
job
>>
>>51416
That sucks, I knew TJ Rogers when he was still really young. He was always a bit of a shithead but that's because he was so much younger than the rest of our group, he was a good kid though and had a rough upbringing. I'm really happy to see him succeed as a pro and always knew he had it in him. He was super consistent even at like 10 or 11 years old.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EQguxq8NTk

On one hand these tricks are really insane, but on the other hand it's really bizarre seeing a literal kindergartener doing them. Kid probably dresses up as Donatello for halloween still.
>>
>>51442
no one will hire me
>>
>>51448
:(
>>
>>51441
sell drugs
>>
>>51445
>that bigspin in the beginning
and they said kids don't have style
>>51448
are u retarded? u get gov't gibs?
evens - new board
odds - phone bill
>>
>>51448
get your piss clean and go work a trade or be a laborer, my best advice for you
>>
>>51416
what a fucking stupid ass post. get off instagram and get a fucking life dude.
>>
File: yes.png (212 KB, 680x709)
212 KB
212 KB PNG
>>51445
the skill ceiling for skating is gonna get so fucked in the next couple of years lmao, I live in the middle of literally buttfuck nowhere ontario and there's these two kids who can't be older than 11 or 12 years old doing 180s & kickflips off 7 foot walls at my local & shit like that. It's disgusting. Especially with skating being in these olympics. People are going to be doing shit literally thought impossible in the next few years.
>>
>>51500
If you compare skate videos 2 years ago to videos from the 90s. People are way more technically impressive now. The skill ceiling naturally gets higher over time in any sort of new skill based thing. But you're right, it probably will sky rocket after the olympics.
>>
>>51428
>t. guy who started skating in his 20s
>>
>>51522
not even in my 20s yet but good try
>>
>>51416
i don't even care that the gonz is a supposed legend he's a kook now pretty much all the xalifornians that moved to nyc are
>>
>>51524
Good thing heelflips are the same thing as switch flips then same rotation same trick right?
>>
>>51527
yes
>>
File: 1622228706745.jpg (153 KB, 1280x938)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>51500
women will still suck though, guaranteed.
>>
>>51445
This kid is really good. Hopefully he doesn't have a retard father like Nyjah and he gets to skate how he wants.

Filmer really sucks. Trying to film VX footage on a HD camera
>>
>>51544
are those goblins or trolls?
>>
>>51500
they have no style, though. style is everything. you ever see those tech skaters? they land shit all the time, but it always looks like they're playing tetris with their body. no style.

it's rare you see someone with a solid natural flow.
>>
>>51560
that version of skateboarding is dead. that doesnt matter anymore. just stfu and stick to your local olympic training parks coming soon
>>
>>51580
>boomer who hasnt watch a skate video since baker 3
>>
>>51580
>51580
comeing soon?

we got them already.
>>
>>51581
23 and the last video i watched was nike sb - constant or whatever the fuck it's called
>>
Skated twelve miles today. My calves are killing me. I know it's not that extreme but I found it fun.
>>
>>51590
How did you measure yourself skating 12 miles?
>>
>>51587
23 and a flaming friendless faggot. Do you hang out with and seek validation from the 50 yo bowl boomers at your local park?
>skateboarding is dead
Has the same lame-o vibe as "punk is dead." Its not dead just because theres a commercialized and popular version of it. There will always be a underground, there will always be homie and crew vids, there will always be people doing new shit, not giving a fuck about the olympics. You think every fucking skater out there is gonna start training for the olympics? Are you mad that skateboarding is popular now, like what is wrong with you? Your 23 and have a shitty ass old man attitude. But Ive met so many 40 yo rippers and I have never heard "skateboarding is dead" or "the whole culture is over" outside of retards online. Its the only place you can make such a wack ass statement. Like I said before, same type of vibe as someone who thinks punk is dead because gucci sells a studded leather jacket. Grow up, get over yourself, go skate.
>>
hey its >>51282 i bought 87a 56mm wheels because they didnt have any 78as that width in store, should i have just bought the 78s online but i feel like it isjt that big a deal ill just try out the 87s for like a month and if i dont like em ill get the 78s
>>
File: 1434937829620.png (96 KB, 300x300)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>51619
>i bought 87a 56mm wheels
>>
>>51622
yeah, im both young and new to skating
your point?
>>
>>51623
underage b&
>>
>>51500
theres diminishing returns with the evolution of sports, the amount of progress that happened with skating from 1980 to 2000 was way more than the 20 years after that.
>>
>>51596
nta but im guessing theyve got some sort of sports watch or smartphone app that tracks the distance you travel
>>
>>51616
t. slap poster
>>
File: 1424898332137.png (9 KB, 401x367)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>51633
>sports watch or smartphone app that tracks the distance you travel
>>
File: una-kun.png (1.01 MB, 768x1024)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
>>51637
clown world heh ?
>>
>>51616
Based
>>
>>51526
FUCK NY
https://youtu.be/rlNO8zGgCGw
>>
>>51081
Yes
>>
>>51616
HOOOOLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY BASSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
lmao samefaggot
>>
new bread
>>51673
>>51673
>>51673
>>
>>51718
this thread fucking sucks fuck off
>>
>>51719
then make another one.
>>
>>51719
>>51756
i dont see the point. it's a general thread. you can talk about anything. and i like the style/tech discussion. suck a dick.
>>
nora
>>
is
>>
File: fretboard-oil.jpg (39 KB, 1000x1000)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>50909
Nice Squier Jazzy, and Roland Jazz Chorus. But looks like you need to moisturizer your fret board next time you change strings. Shit looks ashy, use pick related.

Also as a girl literally all you have to do is ask a guy to get lunch or dinner with you and than do it like 4 times in a row and than suck his dick and than he's your boyfriend. It's literally that simple you dumb dumb.
>>
>>51050
GloboHomo, short for global homogeny.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.