[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 81 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now being accepted for the next ~72 hours. Apply here.

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: bouldering.jpg (70 KB, 660x371)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>What is bouldering?
Bouldering is a form of free climbing that is performed on small rock formations or artificial rock walls without the use of ropes or harnesses.

>What is the difference between bouldering and rock climbing?
bouldering requires no equipment to get started.
hold and footholds are way smaller which means it has different techniques, styles and body positions. it also means that you have to strategize and think!

what do you anons think about bouldering?
>>
>>426
>bouldering requires no equipment to get started.
Well, except for chalk, chalkbag and shoes netting around 100€ or so for a beginners pack

I go bouldering for exercise twice a week (or as much as the skin on my fingers allow), super good workout and arguably one of the best bodies you can. Much more explosive than the lean and light rope climbers.

Also more fun than going indoor toprope climbing which feels absolutely pointless, "joint climbing" (I think it's called?) indoors is better though for the more creative routes.

Anyways, my gym doesn't have grades sadly (only colors), but I'm around 6c-7b depending on the day. How good is /xs/?
>>
any home wall man in
got a 45 degree wall
>>
>>513
Honestly, in burgerland it's really easy to find beginner's climbing shoes that were used a couple times for 20-30 $. Not sure how it is over there. If you mean the form of climbing where you clip in to the wall, they call it Lead Climbing over here.

Fuck I can't even sniff a 6 but it's also dependent on the gym for grading.
>>
what if youre kinda fat (but not completely weak) and have arthritis in your feet. can I get into it or do I need to get in shape first
>>
>>822
Is it arthritis that won't worsen with stress? I'd start top roping first and some climbing training to drop some weight, but you should be able to do some local VB-V0's. Bouldering is mostly in the toes and edges of your foot.
>>
Claiming my boulderfu Ori. I would claim Miho Nonaka too but she got btfo pretty hard by Ai Mori recently and she is too mainstream a climbing waifu for me now.
>>
>>426
>be my
>be 170 lbs
>not terrible shape, mostly do cardio though because mailman
>try baby bitch rockwall in public park
>realize im a weak baby bitch with no strenght
>can barely hold onto much less progress any higher where I started

What do I gotta do to exercise wise to do this shit?
>>
>>1026
go to a climbing gym and do the easy route
just more climbing is all you need as a beginner
>>
>>1138

tfw nearest climbing gym is 80 mins away, guess that's what i get for living in a town comprised only of impoverished negros and retired boomers
>>
File: 1605740387655.jpg (365 KB, 566x800)
365 KB
365 KB JPG
>>426
Who's the woman? Wife material
>>
File: diyrockwall.jpg (164 KB, 1440x1080)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>1213
>>1213
you could always attempt building one yourself.
>>
File: climb it.jpg (22 KB, 400x400)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>bog general
He bouldered?
>>
>>1394
My climbing gym is near a university, you have no idea how many women who feel like exploring their adventurous side wearing yoga pants
>>
File: 1601482334170.jpg (428 KB, 1033x1072)
428 KB
428 KB JPG
>>1026
>>1138
Pull ups of all kind and grip strength
now im not into bouldering but i did bodybuilding and grip strength is very important cause you can lift heavy but if you cant lift heavy for a long period of time they'll be cleaning your jelly out of every nook and cranny it got jammed into

oh and doing hanging exercises
some of the top guys can hang off of 1 or 2 fingers, its mental
they have this thing called a hanging board
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHSz_iArIzM&ab_channel=rockentry
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN_bozr-qHQ&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=LockManipulator
>>
>>1810
Jesus christ, have a sandwich, willya..?
>>
>>1819
that's not me, but that is the physique of somebody who boulders a lot
>>
>>1834
Real men grow enough muscles to carry their own weight
>>
>>1857
>Real men grow enough muscles to carry their own weight
>doesnt know shit
ok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHg91NVHh3s&ab_channel=Juji%26Tom
>>
File: apu heft1.png (185 KB, 487x600)
185 KB
185 KB PNG
>>1922
i can do pull ups with 45lbs with ease
>>
>be me
>part of the 1000 club
>struggle on V2-V3 routes

Some scrawny 130 lbs dude with no muscles is clearing crazy routes

wtf dudes
>>
>>1922
Magnus aint skinny tho, he's at least 75-80kg. Peak Scandinavian bouldering fitness
>>
File: Capture.png (115 KB, 712x784)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>1213
>80 miles
you are like baby
>>
>>2579
I'm that red dot in Mississippi btw.
>>
Don't mind me, just dropping this to reduce rating confusions across the board
>>
>bouldering
>indoor
>extreme
kek
>>
What is it about this """sport""" that attracts such faggots?
>>
>>2620
It also attracts a lot of women. But faggots like having toned asses. Climbing gives you a nice ass
>>
>>2477
bodyweight is a meme for skinny weaklings
when i was in the military and weighed 130lbs i could do 100 pushups without much struggle but i couldn't lift 80lbs over my head
>>
>>2620
I'll take the bait.
For me, it's trying a route and failing miserably, feeling it's absolutely impossible. Then doing the same route over and over and over again 50+ times, and at every attempt rationally evaluate at the same time as the body intuitively calibrates, and to notice at every 5-10th try, I get one move further. And to then at the end, either get up, or give up.

It's a microcosmos of progress. Every problem is solvable, it's just a matter of dedication, skill and talent. Every goal is very reachable, and you can see it right there, you can cheat, but you choose to take the difficult road which noone can even confirm you ever took, the only indicator is your skill as you show your peers you can help them reach their goals.

And above all: I don't need anyone else to do it. It's like lifting weights, but with skill and finesse
>>
>>2664
yeah I think you exemplify the type of pretentious socially retarded fag that partakes in this hobby

you're fucking climbing on fake rocks in gym bro it's not that deep
>>
>>2679
>yeah I think you exemplify the type of pretentious socially retarded fag that partakes in this hobby
nah i'm not really into the climbing culture at all, i barely know what the moves and holds and techniques are called, i know most have a much more laid back attitude. It's just my personal take on it. Don't take my potential pretentiousness as representation for bouldering
>>
>>426
it's really fun to do with friends and see who gets the furthest up a certain route
love the feeling it gives of being taken to the absolute limit
>>
File: bog.jpg (32 KB, 500x500)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>1447
>he campused?
>activate ze explosive bolts.
>>
>>2679
You realize people boulder outside too, right? Why are you even on this board?
>>
File: proweights.png (230 KB, 640x585)
230 KB
230 KB PNG
>>822
While I absolutely love bouldering I wouldn't recommend it for fat people if only for the stress on the ankle and knees when falling after a topout.
As another anon said, you can start with some toprope but regardless climbing is exponentially hard the more you weight so I don't see it being really enjoyable if you can't even move around
>>
>>2477
Little finger strength and a shitton of useless weight in the legs along with the fact that it takes a lot of practice to learn how to move around on a wall tends to do that yeah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2mOn8NoR84
>>
>>799
how you build? follow a guide or design your own?
struct steel frame and ply I guess
>>
File: @coreymoes.jpg (284 KB, 1500x1126)
284 KB
284 KB JPG
just found this
what a madman
>>
>>513
Can't I just go barefoot?
>>
>Doing some rock climbing
>make a few runs
>guy asks if I want to try bouldering
>say ok
>theres an arch way
>its about 9 feet from the top of the arch to the floor
>start crossing over
>my arms are pretty tired so I'm not going to make it
>choose to drop down on my own before I slip and fall
>the "spotter" tries to grab me as I'm coming down
>just awkwardly shoves me
>my controlled drop is now an uncontrolled fall
>land badly
>end up with a complete ATFL tear and a high ankle sprain
>have arthritis and be in a brace for 2 years after
T-thanks for spotting me
>>
>>513
been climbing for 5 years and i don't use chalk
>>
>>4400
madman

>>4229
No, i dont want to touch holds where your sweaty feet has been
>>
>>513
Best I've done is one 7a+, but I'm usually at 6C level. Struggling with finger and pinch strength to progress
>>
File: no.jpg (109 KB, 768x710)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>4439
don't do it anon..! save your fingers, buy a beastmaker
>>
>>4443
How often should I do hangboarding? I usually climb every other day and hangboard maybe once a week
>>
>>426
>all indoor gyms closed in dutchland
>no natural boulders or anything
>borders with other countries will probably be closed
please help
>>
>>4238
People are really bad at spotting boulders. Thanks for sharing that, it's important people realize that it's something they have to spend time learning or people get hurt. I hope your leg is starting to feel better!
>>
File: 1601771856358.webm (2.98 MB, 1080x608)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB WEBM
>>
File: 1585741879069.webm (2.84 MB, 780x438)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB WEBM
>>
File: 1607999702442.webm (3 MB, 1280x720)
3 MB
3 MB WEBM
>>
File: 1587478512105.webm (2.86 MB, 380x476)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB WEBM
>>
File: 1590432225845.webm (2.82 MB, 1080x608)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB WEBM
>>
File: 1609723934121.webm (2.84 MB, 750x422)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB WEBM
>>
File: 1597777867585.webm (612 KB, 640x360)
612 KB
612 KB WEBM
>>
File: 1604805179877.webm (2.89 MB, 750x422)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB WEBM
>>
>>5037
Damn that's impressive

I wonder how smelly her feet are in those climbing shoes
>>
>>5037
That's fucking impressive she doesn't even have a harness on.
>>
I built a climbing wall in the living room for training in lockdown, anyone else got a home wall?

>>513
>How good is /xs/?
I've climbed a handful of 7b's outdoors, but really only just pushing into the grade proper, got a few more I've done all the moves on just need to finish them off
>>
>>426
Is bouldering even a feasible hobby to pursue as a 6'7" wide shouldered, awkward and inflexible former fatass? Looking for a new sport. mine was always snowboarding
>>
>>5119
of course, seek out big boulders with big burly moves and you'll have a good time, avoid squirrelly problems, there are pro climbers >6ft so it's fine
>>
>>513
I haven't really done anything above 6A. I'm pretty salty they closed down, I was just getting into bouldering before lockdowns and everything closed down
>>
>>5042
imagine her doing that to your dick
>>
>>5117
I built a pretty over the top climbing wall. Fully adjustable with tension board hold set. Free standing too.
>t. guy that lives in a giant garage
>>
File: bouldering.png (3.27 MB, 1919x1077)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB PNG
And this is where our son works out, he's quite the /fit/izen.
>>
>>5974
>tfw plasterboard walls and suspended ceiling
>>
File: 63626272782.jpg (41 KB, 800x460)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
how do I achieve a body like this
>>
v3/v4 at the gym.
v2 at niagara glen :<
>>
>>4668

>get a belt sander and a tube of masonry/construction adhesive.
>get some small rocks
>Find an abandoned rail tunnel (make sure it is abandoned)
>use the belt sander to flatten one side of each rock, and the surface of the tunnel, if need be
>Use the masonry adhesive to glue the rocks to the side of the tunnel

You probably shouldn't climb it until the adhesive cures, and you shouldn't expect them to stay there forever. If you want incuts and slopers, just get a chisel or an angle grinder. Chipping holds is French/gay but at least you're just wailing away on a rail tunnel and not Fontainebleu. I don't know exactly how illegal this is in Germany so you'll probably want to keep it to yourself. You can use the same technique on any stone or concrete structure, but rail tunnels give you an inverted plane and most buildings don't.
>>
>>6190
Go back to being 14 and work out
>>
>>2602
Is this accurate? according to this, >>513 is climbing v5/v8 depending on the day, which sounds baffling. a person who can climb v8 is only going to warm up on a v5.
>>
>>6530
Sounds strange. There is definitely variation between days but probably not that much. One grade difference would seem normal.
>>
>>426
i'm a mongol can i boulder, is it too late at 36? any places you can do it alone and without other people?
>>
>>6790
it's never too late. A lot of spots (especially in areas with a lot of rocks) don't get as popular. When I was crawling around my local woods I was one of the only guys there.
>>
>>513
this is bait right
>>
how can i workout here?
>>
>>4944
The injury is just something that's going to be with me from now on. Like it's fine for normal day to day stuff but it flares up during any kind of running and stuff like that. Also I'm prone to twisting my ankle and getting sprains and each time it takes longer and longer to heal. I've had 2 major sprains since then because the joint is weak
I'm ok but if I blow it one more time I'm not sure I'll come back from it. Last time I thought the damage was perminant becsuse the pain was with me for months
>>
>>7371
put some holds up that aren't VB
>>
>>426
>fell while bouldering
>tore my achilles
>now afraid to try it again, despite it being my favorite sport
It hurts, bros.
>>
File: _RAY2788_00001[1].jpg (149 KB, 338x442)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
I MISS MOONBOARDING BROS

I MISS IT SO MUCH

pic related he's my husbando and no you can't have him!
>>
>>426
Holy fucking SHIT finally we can have a bouldering general.
What shoes do you recommend bros? Obviously bouldering places are locked down rn and I can't get any mats for bouldering on, uh, boulders, but there's a brick wall at the back of uni accommodation you can climb on and I'm desperate.
>>
>>7588
What shoes do you have now? What shape are your feet? What kind of bouldering are you gonna use em for? Do you want more comfy training shoes, or super try-hard too tight shoes for that difficult objective?
>>
>>7627
I do not have shoes rn lol. I've been renting or borrowing for an obscenely long time out of sheer laziness, but that ends now.
Uh, as far as I'm aware I just have normal feet, and I'm primarily gonna use them for indoor bouldering but I'll be going on actual boulders as much as possible too. I want more comfy training shoes, because I'm just an average boulderer right now.
>>
>>4209
do you think you could sleep like that, kinda like a horse
>>
File: Margo Hayes back.jpg (633 KB, 1638x2048)
633 KB
633 KB JPG
I just want a sexy muscular climbing gf ;_;
>>
>>7668
imagine her chasing you down and raping you as she squeezes the life out of ya
>>
>>7671
I wouldn't mind desu, at least I'd die happy.
>>
>>7668
they're usually butterfaces, only true 9%bf, 8b+ chads get the cutie3.14s

I'm happy with a 9/10 body, 6/10 face homely gf though
>>
I have a 100 sec dead hang on bars, 15+ on each hand, and 10+ sec on rings. whatever it is that those times measure, would it make me a good climber? should I start climbing?
>>
>>2679
>>2620
Why do you post in a thread about sport you hate?
>>
>>7644
if you want to send V13 to get the qt3.14 you need to get Solutions.

I actually have the Miuras though and love them. I started out with some Finale's if you want something a little cheaper or if these are your first shoes just get some Tarantula's
>>
>>7644
Five Tens are solid first shoes that won't hurt your wallet. Why would you not buy like... after your fifth sessions or something?

>>7847
You don't really hang dead while boundering (or climbing) but your times suggest you will do OK. It's rare that a non-climber just rolls into a gym that does 'good' and your times aren't suggesting that you're special in any way.

If you want a meme test (also includes bar hangs), check out Magnus' 9c video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOBB4wkTdxQ

2cm weighted crimp
Weighted pullup 1 rep max
Core (lsit or lever)
Bar hang (you score 3/10 in this one, so really not any special)
>>
>>8369
>>8335
>Why would you not buy like... after your fifth sessions or something?
because I'm a fucking retard, simple as
thanks for the recs
>>
sexy janja's
>>
>>2602
my local gym changed all their Vscale problems over to font scale for april fools
It was super funny, but then they didn't change them back the next weekend, just whenever they changed the set, which covering the whole gym takes like half a year.
>>
>>8369
Didn't Five Ten have QC problems after getting acquired by Adidas?

Also, Acopas are pricy, and tend towards being a little old fashioned, but they are comfortable and extremely well built.
>>
>>5021
>>5029
the most impressive part is how quickly they move through these problems. even if I were strong enough to do this stuff I would be waffling about with my feet for minutes and hesitating like crazy before those big committing moves.
>>
>>5974
>that one bolted to the fucking air conditioner
>>
>>9529
I have no hope even getting on the wall
>>
outdoor climbing season is finally here where I am
>>
*is the GOAT in your path*
>>
>>2602
My gym just does a colour rating system so I have no real ideal what my skill level is
>>
@posting from the happies right now :)
>>
first outdoor session of the year
wasgreat, did a 6c in only a few goes
lack of hard boulders to try though
>>
>>10197
>>10191
Nice, where are you from? In here outdoor season starts about 2 months or when snow and ice are gone
>>
>>9953
>squat plug
>>
What should a session look like?
Today I went alone and did
>10 minute stretch/warmup on jugs
>8-10 easy/moderate problems
>30 mins on boulder projects
>30 mins on autobelay projects
>>
>>10727
Honestly, outside of making myself warm up, I climb by feel. Some problems gas me so hard I gotta be careful with them
>>
>>2620
Maybe I'm a faggot, but I suffer from panic disorder. The worst part of panic disorder for me are not the panic attacks, but the general anxiety and thought patterns that spiral to doomsday scenarios. I used to be a fat NEET, who abused alcohol to at least sometimes dull and silence my head.

When I found bouldering, I realized how much it "quieted" my head. When I'm bouldering, there is nothing else except the problem, the route and the effort needed to top it. When I'm on the wall, I have no panic, no fear of future, no anxiety nor destructive thought patterns. I was very surprised how much my panic attacks reduced in intensity, frequency and length and how much my general anxiety and fear of future eased after only a month of climbing.

Now that I've done it for a year, I feel like my panic disorder is only a ghost of the pst. I guess any physical excercise would have helped my panic disorder as well, but I fell in love with bouldering/climbing.
>>
File: 3aqa5r.jpg (16 KB, 500x278)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>10727
More climbing.

> warm up
> 2-3h climbing
>>
>>426
Skeleton here - How do I build upper body strength quicky? I can't do a clean pullup at the moment. Gyms and climbing gyms are shut here.
>>
>>9410
They're solid, got a pair of Dragons for the board recently. Although I'll have to see how long they'll last.
>>
>>11280
Keep doing them every other day, with band assist if that bad, and you'll improve. If gyms are shut and you don't have anything heavy at hand, do a bunch of bodyweight exercises that will incidentally help your pullups.

I don't believe at your level there's a 'quick' way besides just doing it. You'll start doing multiple ones per set in a month if you stop holding yourself back!

Also, eat WELL and hydrate.
>>
>>11280
Eat more and do half pullups until you can do a full one then two etc, there are no quick solutions
>>
>>11280
Negative pullups

https://www.healthline.com/health/negative-pull-ups
>>
>>5029
What competition is this?
>>
>>11381
NVM, found it. It's bouldering finals Vail 2019
>>
>>1631
ironically, i've only ever seen 2 niggers ever at my gym
>>
The only black people I see climbing are the friends I bring. Ironically, they're all police officers too.

Anyway, posted on /out/ but it seems like this thread is more active. Been working on this V5 problem at my local gym for 2 weeks now, was able to send it today. Begins on a flat wall, crimpy, transitions to a 45 degree overhang that goes up ~10 feet. Was so stoked I was able to do it.
>>
>>9410
Dude I know swears their rubber is garbage now.

Then again, that's because Adidas pared down their sponsored climbers and he got cut so he's butthurt.
>>
>girl was trying to get with invited me bouldering
>be former fatasfatass in the best shape I had ever been in at the time
>mostly used mid level runs since still big and can't into fingertips
>eventually injure my wrist at some point
>any time tried to climb after was too much
>she didn't pick me
Still had fun, shit was expensive though
>>
>tfw gym uses simple color grading so I have idea what level I'm at
>>
>>12412
gyms all have different difficulties, too
>>
File: 89ZMLxiO_2x.jpg (947 KB, 2160x2160)
947 KB
947 KB JPG
>>426
>>
>>13031
Can I tounge fuck your asshole after you've been climbing for 8 hours in the hot sun?
>>
>Sent my hardest project just before lockdown
>haven't climbed in 5 months now
Bouldering has a steep learning curve at the beginning but there's no way I'm getting back there
>>10052
Quite a lot of gyms in France do that and add a terrible "comparison table" at the entrance like Yellow = 7b, green = 6c-7a. Some keep it simple while others get into shit like "vertically stripped blue/yellow". It's just a way to appeal to a wider audience but then they go outside and cry on a 5b.
>>
I think I'm a 5a tier based retard and I feel like I can't progress to problems above 5b
>>
>>4229
https://youtu.be/mvsqn80ld2A?t=167
>>
File: pinkyplank.webm (2.33 MB, 1920x1080)
2.33 MB
2.33 MB WEBM
>>
I think I sprained my right hand thumb climbing the other day. Went with a new friend who was really into it and we ended up climbing for longer than I typically would. can anyone tell me if this sounds like a sprained thumb?
>some tenderness at the base of my palm where the thumb joins the hand
>when I turn my hand facing towards me I feel a somewhat sharp pain run along my forearm, one string originating from front right side of my wrist which runs up the arm and the other originating at the center of my wrist on the back and running towards my elbow
>>
>>13814
Sounds like skier's thumb
>>
>>14120
Webmd's description sounds similar, although it's less in my thumb and more in my forearm. I think I fucked it up some more last night cause I thought it was just some tightness after not climbing in a while and I was moving it around/stretching it. I think I'm just gonna try not to use it much for the next little while and see if it lessens up
>>
>>14127
You should go have it checked in any case. Skier's thumb can cause reduction in function of the thumb
>>
File: wg5hpiv0whf01.jpg (36 KB, 619x453)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
I trained way too hard last year and I ended up with tendonitis which I just ignored for two months and then really fucked my elbow so i had to stop climbing for like 6 months now I just dont have the same motivation, dont be like me bros, look after your bodies
>>
>>10727
If you want to make progress i would suggest having longer climbing sessions, if you are only spending 30 minutes on a project that might only mean that you are attempting them 5 or so times,

If you can only spend 1.5 hours at a gym you should probably choose between autobelay and bouldering because splitting your time will probably be detrimental
>15 minute warmup on easy climbs and/or stretching
>15 minutes on things that are somewhat difficult not not project level
>45 minutes of hard cimbing
>15 minutes of easy climbing to end the session

If you are able to spend more time at a gym then i would say go for at least 2 hours but a lot of people cant find this much time but if you can
>15 minute warmup on easy climbs and/or stretching
>30 minutes of climbing on things that are somewhat difficult not not project level
>30 minutes of things that are pretty difficult but not something you would need more then 5 or so tries on
>have a short break no more then 5 minutes deffinitely no more then 10 minutes
>30 minutes of projecting but dont have 30 tries of falling off of the same move over and over, take your time. If you fall look at where you fell and why you fell and how you can do it better wait a few minutes to recover and then have another go.
>15 minutes or so of climbing easy things and just generally cooling down

I assume you are farly new to climbing so you dont need to incorperate any intensive training like campus boarding or deadhangs yet, once you get to around V6(7A) then you should start intergrating that into your session. If you want to get better at climbing rather then do it just for fun or for a bit for exercise then you should be climbing at least 2-3 times per week make sure to have rest days and eat good though, its probably not the best thing to project every other day if you start climbing a more. You dont need to follow this letter for letter i normaly just move on to training or projecting when I feel like im ready.
Good luck gumby
>>
How do you guys warm up outdoor? In a gym I would do basic warm up movements, some very light fingerboard hangs and then random moves on the wall for 15 mins or so. Outside I often think I'm not properly warming up.
>>
>>2620
It's because most people's first exposure to bouldering is when some bouldering gym brings a wall to their college campus. Colleges are filled with faggots, so it's a selection bias.
>>
>>2620
Define faggot in the context of bouldering/climbing
>>
>>14265
stretches and isometrics
>>14384
They either are a climber that hates boulderers (common out west) or are lumping in boulderers, climbers, and mountaineers (the last of which its common to hate)
>>
File: Petra_Klingler_SUI_2017.jpg (1.44 MB, 2076x2482)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB JPG
cute muscly boulderer girl's
>>
>>14401
Fuck that, sport climbing, boulders, you guys are chill, SPEED CLIMBERS are the REAL faggots.
>the route is the exact same
WOW.
>>
>>14265
Same as indoors; roll arms twice forwards, then twice backwards, and you're good to go.
>>
>>14448
I kind of just feel bad for them
>>
is 6a level bad for someone who has bouldered for +6 months
>>
>>9953
Imagine the only relevant person from your country, in any field and area, is this girl
>>
been climbing 4 months, i climb 5.10c and below, i really prefer lead over bouldering.
there's only one gym and NO routes within 250 miles of me. :(
i want to get better and I think I ought to get a fingerboard
>>
>>14905
I hope speed climbing dies along with the Olympics.
>>15298
Depends on your age, previous sport experiences, how often you climb yada yada. I know guys who have been coming to the gym weekly for more than 5 years and are still 6a-6b. They come mostly for fun and hang around in boomer gangs. On the other hand kids around 16 with too much free time can get to the seventh degree within 6 months.
>>15318
By no routes do you mean there aren't any boulders either?
>>
>>14415
Don't ever let a girl who climbs give you a handjob. You will regret it.
>>
>>15642
Talking from experience?
>>
Why is it that half of boulderers are either short vegans with no hair or tall autista with pony tails and glasses. Such a specific archetype for the sport
>>
>>16081
In Europe all boulderers are regular people, maybe it's an Amerifat thing
>>
>>6207
onterrible climbing
>>
File: 1553046944957.jpg (97 KB, 900x900)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
> tfw send ability is highly dependent on nutrition and rest
>>
>>16185
>Watch big wall video
>Guy eats a granola bar and then climbs for 14 hours
>>
>tfw cant do the fucking speed wall even once
my pathetic legs get too worn out
>>
File: IMG_1776.jpg (122 KB, 720x960)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>2579
Ayo come to stone summit in ATL and catch your boy there
>>
>>15642
I can't just take your word for it anon, I need details!
>>
File: 1614053584776.jpg (55 KB, 663x587)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>my face when I misjudge dyno
>>
>>9953
she might be the GOAT but she will never beat Julia Chanourdie in beauty

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.