[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 14 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1598614809375.jpg (46 KB, 640x480)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
90s Edition
Previous: >>15773

When was your first game? Got any vintage setups you still shoot?
>>
Today I will remind them of the Gardeners copying Simon
>>
>>41151
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eje2lkmyu8k
>>
i still use my tricked out autococker from 2004 lmao
>>
>>41151
ONLY 5 DAYS LEFT to get cheap pricing for Invasion of Normandy Paintball event - biggest paintball event on the planet.

Since last years was canceled, this years is gonna probably be the biggest one ever. You're not too scared are you anon?

Watch Here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irDbjwSThI0

Sign up here - https://poconoonline.adventureres.com/responsive/index.php?locationId=2&resDate=7/10/2021&serviceGroupId=14
>>
File: IMG_0820.jpg (104 KB, 1170x615)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
New to paintball and some veteran decided to retire from the sport and offer me his entire collection for $200. How good are these guns/masks?
>>
File: IMG_0819.jpg (109 KB, 1170x615)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>
>>41303
>>41304
If that all works that's a pretty good deal afaik, that's a Tippman X7 which is really nice as far as that style of woodball gun goes. Assuming it's the Phenom version, it's Tippmann's electropneumatic which means it will have a nice light clean trigger pull and a smoother shot than a full mechanical. I would ask if he knows if it's the Phenom or not. Ions are fun, it's an old entry level speedball gun but they have charm and there's a lot of old secondhand stuff for them you could pick up. The other two are nothing special, but it's nice to have loaners.

I'd ask what the years are on those tanks, if they can still be hydro tested and used for at least another 5 years you're getting a pretty good deal there. Carbon fiber tanks are expensive. As far as the masks go I'd honestly just buy your own, used masks are gross and you also generally want to replace the lens anyways when you don't know how old it is or what it's been through so you might as well just get a new mask.
>>
File: EDIT_01.jpg (1.92 MB, 2000x1025)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB JPG
>>41302
So jealous of you Americans (well and any country that doesnt restrict pb)
The scenarios you guys get are enormous

Here is some woodsball I shot.
>>
File: EDIT_02.jpg (1.3 MB, 2000x1021)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB JPG
>>41689
>>
File: EDIT_03.jpg (1.36 MB, 2000x1035)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB JPG
>>41690
>>
File: EDIT_04.jpg (2.06 MB, 2000x1022)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB JPG
>>41691
>>
File: EDIT_05.jpg (1.78 MB, 2000x1029)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB JPG
>>41692
>>
File: EDIT_06.jpg (1.97 MB, 2000x1043)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB JPG
>>41693
>>
File: EDIT_07.jpg (1.72 MB, 2000x1028)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
>>41694
>>
>>41689
Still was a good day ngl
>>
What is the best paintball gun and why is it the shocker rsx?
>>
>>41689
Is this actual film or is that just some kind of stupid filter or something? I've never seen the photography go all the way to the edges like that
>>
>>41764
its some stupid filter or something.
actual film on reels doesnt record out to the edges, theres a wheel there to move the film forward.
>>
>>41764
It is film. It is 135 ektachrome loaded into an rb67 using adapters to be able to shoot panoramic. Then scanned on a flat bed scanner
>>
File: negatives.jpg (88 KB, 1024x682)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>41857
>retard
says the dumbfuck hipster who thinks its trendy to have holes in is photographs, when cameras we better than that for like 100 years.
>>
>>41883
It's fun you should try it
>>
>>41890
ill stick with a digital camera, im not a hipster who needs to experience steam punk tier stupidity to feel like i've done something unique.
>>
>>41857
>>41861
It's okay to call a retard a retard anon, don't worry
Anyways that's pretty cool, thanks for sharing them
It's still crazy to me that such old analog tech is capable of storing such high resolution
>>
>im not a hipster who needs to experience steam punk tier stupidity to feel like i've done something unique
Absolute ignorance
>>
>>41932
Do you want to talk about it anon?
>>
>>41932
>Absolute ignorance
says the hipster who thinks hes so cool and unique because look at my photos with holes in them.
theres a reason no one uses that shit except you.
got any instances of pros using it in a professional manner?
got any instances of actual amateur photographers fucking up their shots with random holes everywhere?

please say something to defend this stupid shit other than
>retard
>ignorant
you dont have shit.
>>
>>41985
There are plenty who do it. Theres no point arguing with you.
Imagine being this butthurt over "hipster filter"
>>
>>41992
ok so it turns out in reality you DONT have kind of defense for that shit other than
>p-plenty of people do it!
dont call me assblasted when all you had was ad-hominem when someone dared to shit on your hipster bullshit.

maybe you shouldnt have been so assblasted that you had to call me a retard when i rightfully called that shit stupid.

or maybe you should spend your money on actual worthwhile endeavors so you wont have to react with such seethe when someone notices immediately how stupidly you wasted the limited resources you will have in this life.
>>
>>41995
I don't care what some random on 4chan thinks, so I'm not arguing with you, retard
>>
>>41996
then why did you have to react with such seethe when i called it stupid?

>retard!
>ignorant!
>im not arguing with you!
literally all you have is name calling and then tucking your tail and running.
what a fucking loser.
>>
>>41997
>what a fucking loser
Says the grown man crying over camera film
>>
>>41995
I came here from /p/ to tell you that I am praying for you to be murdered horrifically and agonizingly to the point that your loved ones kill themselves en masse out of their inability to understand the horror that was visited on the lifeless husk that used to be your ugly, fat, faggot body.
>>
>>41985
>got any instances of actual amateur photographers fucking up their shots with random holes everywhere?
You're literally retarded.
The holes don't fuck up a photo. That area would've been blank anyway, and cropped out. What this anon does is add some image in an area that would be unused.
And many photographers do that, shoot the full height of 35mm film in medium format camera.
Also panoramic formats are a thing and have always been since the inception of photography. There are even specific cameras that shoot exclusively panoramic (Xpan, Widelux, etc etc).
Anon achieves the same thing for cheaper by using a "normal" medium format camera. More power to him.
>>
>>41771
it’s 35mm shot on a medium format back, you’re just unaware.
>>
>>42069
>>42075
fucken lol, hipster internet defense force activate.
>>
File: 1606203913429.png (153 KB, 398x299)
153 KB
153 KB PNG
I found my collection of pictures of paintballs from when I was a retarded 12 year old
>>
>havent checked the new paintball thread out
>read
>retards arguing about cameras
>no one talking about paintball
Thanks, I hate it. Now someone tell me why freeflow cockers are over priced and literally do not out perform old ass WGP cockers.
>>
>>42274
its not hard to save up for a freeflow, anon. you could even buy one second hand for $700 dollars less than they cost new. they are lighter, more efficient, more adjustable, come with roller sears and delrin bolts and are more consistent than the old wgp stuff. paint is getting smaller and force feed loaders will easily push more than one ball past ball style detents. also, freeflow's customer support is amazing and not going anywhere for a long time. try to call up WGP for parts or service. freeflows are warrantied for service for life, transferable from owner to owner. no need for certificates of authenticity or explaining youre not the first owner, just send in the gun and they will fix it. they also hold their value and are worth more than the average wgp cocker any day. dont hate what you cant afford, set your goals and rage your dreams
>>
File deleted.
>>42413
>>42274
love me caliber, simple as
>>
>>42416
>>
I don't understand cockers. Mechanically they're fascinating and I love the sound signature, but they're really clunky and finicky compared to even other semis from their era. I can see having one for the throwback and for the aesthetic, but I don't understand how there's such a market for $1500+ brand new specialty cockers
>>
>>42427
Old school stuff is good but cockers are lego in paintball, can do what you want with them if you know what your doing.

>>42413
okay freeflow shill. Ill just buy another WGP cocker for 5 dollars and get 3 dollar parts from autocockerparts.com
>>
File: 1607385058627.jpg (35 KB, 640x480)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>42515
>Old school stuff is good but cockers are lego in paintball, can do what you want with them if you know what your doing.
I get that, yeah.
I enjoy that with automags since I prefer shooting them over autocockers but it seems like nothing has more parts and customization out there than cockers.
I do kind of wish I kept my STO to turn it to a pump, but I barely every actually get to play these days so it would have been a lot of investment for not much use. I would have had to get a barrel kit too since paint is so fucking small these days
>>
File: doin fuck all in tower.jpg (395 KB, 1068x1600)
395 KB
395 KB JPG
>>42738
See I just run the stock mag barrel off my lvl7 68mag. I like the ping and the length of it. Even though I have the freak back I just under chrono to 280 so I can drop balls on peoples heads behind cover and the mag seems to like 280. I can chrono to 300 but it doesnt make it any better and just is more brutal on the paint. Mind you still running a non foami bolt face and for some reason freak kits seem to chew paint sometimes.
>>
>>42772
>See I just run the stock mag barrel off my lvl7 68mag.
Well mags are open bolt which means they can have detents, so you don't really need a perfect barrel fit. Cockers are closed bolt which means the loaded ball is just sitting in the barrel so you need a tighter barrel fit to prevent rollouts. If you don't, every time you tilt your gun down you lose your loaded ball and your next shot is a dry fire.

That's the only reason I needed a barrel kit for it, on anything else I just use a stock barrel and it's plenty good enough.
>>
File: 1600711626708.jpg (20 KB, 300x250)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
Paintballs for dessert!
>>
>>42892
I like borematching in the automag still. Does shoot flatter but it just depends what I want to do. The detent is only there to stop rollout, cockers its not the worlds biggest issue as some make it it to be unless youre shooting tiny torney paint. Mind you I have tons of A/C barrel kits and even that mag to A/C thread adapter if I want to put stupid shit on my mag

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.