[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 78 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1598614809375.jpg (46 KB, 640x480)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
90s Edition
Previous: >>15773

When was your first game? Got any vintage setups you still shoot?
>>
Today I will remind them of the Gardeners copying Simon
>>
>>41151
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eje2lkmyu8k
>>
i still use my tricked out autococker from 2004 lmao
>>
>>41151
ONLY 5 DAYS LEFT to get cheap pricing for Invasion of Normandy Paintball event - biggest paintball event on the planet.

Since last years was canceled, this years is gonna probably be the biggest one ever. You're not too scared are you anon?

Watch Here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irDbjwSThI0

Sign up here - https://poconoonline.adventureres.com/responsive/index.php?locationId=2&resDate=7/10/2021&serviceGroupId=14
>>
File: IMG_0820.jpg (104 KB, 1170x615)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
New to paintball and some veteran decided to retire from the sport and offer me his entire collection for $200. How good are these guns/masks?
>>
File: IMG_0819.jpg (109 KB, 1170x615)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>
>>41303
>>41304
If that all works that's a pretty good deal afaik, that's a Tippman X7 which is really nice as far as that style of woodball gun goes. Assuming it's the Phenom version, it's Tippmann's electropneumatic which means it will have a nice light clean trigger pull and a smoother shot than a full mechanical. I would ask if he knows if it's the Phenom or not. Ions are fun, it's an old entry level speedball gun but they have charm and there's a lot of old secondhand stuff for them you could pick up. The other two are nothing special, but it's nice to have loaners.

I'd ask what the years are on those tanks, if they can still be hydro tested and used for at least another 5 years you're getting a pretty good deal there. Carbon fiber tanks are expensive. As far as the masks go I'd honestly just buy your own, used masks are gross and you also generally want to replace the lens anyways when you don't know how old it is or what it's been through so you might as well just get a new mask.
>>
File: EDIT_01.jpg (1.92 MB, 2000x1025)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB JPG
>>41302
So jealous of you Americans (well and any country that doesnt restrict pb)
The scenarios you guys get are enormous

Here is some woodsball I shot.
>>
File: EDIT_02.jpg (1.3 MB, 2000x1021)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB JPG
>>41689
>>
File: EDIT_03.jpg (1.36 MB, 2000x1035)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB JPG
>>41690
>>
File: EDIT_04.jpg (2.06 MB, 2000x1022)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB JPG
>>41691
>>
File: EDIT_05.jpg (1.78 MB, 2000x1029)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB JPG
>>41692
>>
File: EDIT_06.jpg (1.97 MB, 2000x1043)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB JPG
>>41693
>>
File: EDIT_07.jpg (1.72 MB, 2000x1028)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
>>41694
>>
>>41689
Still was a good day ngl
>>
What is the best paintball gun and why is it the shocker rsx?
>>
>>41689
Is this actual film or is that just some kind of stupid filter or something? I've never seen the photography go all the way to the edges like that
>>
>>41764
its some stupid filter or something.
actual film on reels doesnt record out to the edges, theres a wheel there to move the film forward.
>>
>>41764
It is film. It is 135 ektachrome loaded into an rb67 using adapters to be able to shoot panoramic. Then scanned on a flat bed scanner
>>
File: negatives.jpg (88 KB, 1024x682)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>41857
>retard
says the dumbfuck hipster who thinks its trendy to have holes in is photographs, when cameras we better than that for like 100 years.
>>
>>41883
It's fun you should try it
>>
>>41890
ill stick with a digital camera, im not a hipster who needs to experience steam punk tier stupidity to feel like i've done something unique.
>>
>>41857
>>41861
It's okay to call a retard a retard anon, don't worry
Anyways that's pretty cool, thanks for sharing them
It's still crazy to me that such old analog tech is capable of storing such high resolution
>>
>im not a hipster who needs to experience steam punk tier stupidity to feel like i've done something unique
Absolute ignorance
>>
>>41932
Do you want to talk about it anon?
>>
>>41932
>Absolute ignorance
says the hipster who thinks hes so cool and unique because look at my photos with holes in them.
theres a reason no one uses that shit except you.
got any instances of pros using it in a professional manner?
got any instances of actual amateur photographers fucking up their shots with random holes everywhere?

please say something to defend this stupid shit other than
>retard
>ignorant
you dont have shit.
>>
>>41985
There are plenty who do it. Theres no point arguing with you.
Imagine being this butthurt over "hipster filter"
>>
>>41992
ok so it turns out in reality you DONT have kind of defense for that shit other than
>p-plenty of people do it!
dont call me assblasted when all you had was ad-hominem when someone dared to shit on your hipster bullshit.

maybe you shouldnt have been so assblasted that you had to call me a retard when i rightfully called that shit stupid.

or maybe you should spend your money on actual worthwhile endeavors so you wont have to react with such seethe when someone notices immediately how stupidly you wasted the limited resources you will have in this life.
>>
>>41995
I don't care what some random on 4chan thinks, so I'm not arguing with you, retard
>>
>>41996
then why did you have to react with such seethe when i called it stupid?

>retard!
>ignorant!
>im not arguing with you!
literally all you have is name calling and then tucking your tail and running.
what a fucking loser.
>>
>>41997
>what a fucking loser
Says the grown man crying over camera film
>>
>>41995
I came here from /p/ to tell you that I am praying for you to be murdered horrifically and agonizingly to the point that your loved ones kill themselves en masse out of their inability to understand the horror that was visited on the lifeless husk that used to be your ugly, fat, faggot body.
>>
>>41985
>got any instances of actual amateur photographers fucking up their shots with random holes everywhere?
You're literally retarded.
The holes don't fuck up a photo. That area would've been blank anyway, and cropped out. What this anon does is add some image in an area that would be unused.
And many photographers do that, shoot the full height of 35mm film in medium format camera.
Also panoramic formats are a thing and have always been since the inception of photography. There are even specific cameras that shoot exclusively panoramic (Xpan, Widelux, etc etc).
Anon achieves the same thing for cheaper by using a "normal" medium format camera. More power to him.
>>
>>41771
it’s 35mm shot on a medium format back, you’re just unaware.
>>
>>42069
>>42075
fucken lol, hipster internet defense force activate.
>>
File: 1606203913429.png (153 KB, 398x299)
153 KB
153 KB PNG
I found my collection of pictures of paintballs from when I was a retarded 12 year old
>>
>havent checked the new paintball thread out
>read
>retards arguing about cameras
>no one talking about paintball
Thanks, I hate it. Now someone tell me why freeflow cockers are over priced and literally do not out perform old ass WGP cockers.
>>
>>42274
its not hard to save up for a freeflow, anon. you could even buy one second hand for $700 dollars less than they cost new. they are lighter, more efficient, more adjustable, come with roller sears and delrin bolts and are more consistent than the old wgp stuff. paint is getting smaller and force feed loaders will easily push more than one ball past ball style detents. also, freeflow's customer support is amazing and not going anywhere for a long time. try to call up WGP for parts or service. freeflows are warrantied for service for life, transferable from owner to owner. no need for certificates of authenticity or explaining youre not the first owner, just send in the gun and they will fix it. they also hold their value and are worth more than the average wgp cocker any day. dont hate what you cant afford, set your goals and rage your dreams
>>
File deleted.
>>42413
>>42274
love me caliber, simple as
>>
>>42416
>>
I don't understand cockers. Mechanically they're fascinating and I love the sound signature, but they're really clunky and finicky compared to even other semis from their era. I can see having one for the throwback and for the aesthetic, but I don't understand how there's such a market for $1500+ brand new specialty cockers
>>
>>42427
Old school stuff is good but cockers are lego in paintball, can do what you want with them if you know what your doing.

>>42413
okay freeflow shill. Ill just buy another WGP cocker for 5 dollars and get 3 dollar parts from autocockerparts.com
>>
File: 1607385058627.jpg (35 KB, 640x480)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>42515
>Old school stuff is good but cockers are lego in paintball, can do what you want with them if you know what your doing.
I get that, yeah.
I enjoy that with automags since I prefer shooting them over autocockers but it seems like nothing has more parts and customization out there than cockers.
I do kind of wish I kept my STO to turn it to a pump, but I barely every actually get to play these days so it would have been a lot of investment for not much use. I would have had to get a barrel kit too since paint is so fucking small these days
>>
File: doin fuck all in tower.jpg (395 KB, 1068x1600)
395 KB
395 KB JPG
>>42738
See I just run the stock mag barrel off my lvl7 68mag. I like the ping and the length of it. Even though I have the freak back I just under chrono to 280 so I can drop balls on peoples heads behind cover and the mag seems to like 280. I can chrono to 300 but it doesnt make it any better and just is more brutal on the paint. Mind you still running a non foami bolt face and for some reason freak kits seem to chew paint sometimes.
>>
>>42772
>See I just run the stock mag barrel off my lvl7 68mag.
Well mags are open bolt which means they can have detents, so you don't really need a perfect barrel fit. Cockers are closed bolt which means the loaded ball is just sitting in the barrel so you need a tighter barrel fit to prevent rollouts. If you don't, every time you tilt your gun down you lose your loaded ball and your next shot is a dry fire.

That's the only reason I needed a barrel kit for it, on anything else I just use a stock barrel and it's plenty good enough.
>>
File: 1600711626708.jpg (20 KB, 300x250)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
Paintballs for dessert!
>>
>>42892
I like borematching in the automag still. Does shoot flatter but it just depends what I want to do. The detent is only there to stop rollout, cockers its not the worlds biggest issue as some make it it to be unless youre shooting tiny torney paint. Mind you I have tons of A/C barrel kits and even that mag to A/C thread adapter if I want to put stupid shit on my mag
>>
>>42515
>someone tell me why freeflow cockers are over priced and literally do not out perform old ass WGP cockers
>give reasons
>"okay shill"

freeflow>wgp

go shoot one and tell me im lying.
>>
>>42959
>cockers its not the worlds biggest issue as some make it it to be unless youre shooting tiny torney paint.
All paint is tiny these days. If you're using a barrel from the era, everything will roll out
>>
closed bolt + paint matched barrel bore is the more accurate set up. you can adjust the cocking pressure to be extremely soft on paint, to the point where you pinch balls instead of breaking them. since the cocking system is separate from the air passages, sear and springs that actually affect the velocity, you can shoot optimum fps and tune the cocking speed + duration the chamber is open to suit your personal shooting style and eliminate blowback to the point that you achieve "suction timing" where the gun actually pulls the next ball into the breach. you can shorten or legnthen the distances between the firing point and when the gun recocks as well as switch out sear and trigger return springs to lighten the trigger pull or make it heavier(snappier).thats just slide triggers, tuning hinge triggers is different but usually means more bps.
theres also more aluminum material on autocockers (the entire bodies) so you have limitless milling and anno options. since you can do so much more with them, more experimentation with setups and customization happens with cockers and theres a cult following for many of the different models. theyre just more tunable and more interesting to look at and shoot than a tube that goes "pew"! i think thats the main draw to them. a mag is a mag but every autococker is unique. its really not that hard to figure out how to keep them reliable and once you do, theres no reason to settle for less.
>>
>>43112
its much more rewarding getting kills with a gun others write off as "too complicated" or "unreliable". theres def a sense of brotherhood between dudes that shoot autocockers and sort of an "elitism" about the guys that know how to tune them well or the nuances between different parts and manufacturers.
>>
>>43109
I mean I dont seem to have that issue but mind you the majority of paint Ive used seems to be around .685 and .680 . Have used tiny ass torney paint for 3man and 5man ams in other states but never with my cockers yet. Mag seems to not care most days of the week and the cocker just thunks along as usually. May try it though justs to see how bad rollout is and how much velocity gets fucked with partial or full rollout of a freak kit.

>>43112
>>43124
Idk cockers can be legos but Ive always been in the camp of "if I can get softer shot and more consistency from changing the lpr or ram on it" then I will but most of the times I will settle with what I have as there is a point of why bother with it. So far the stock WGP with a few replacement parts seem to get decent consistency and shot for a hinge frame. Though my resurrection still is the softest on paint but that is only because Ive gotten the LPR nearly at the ass end of it for softness.
>>
Im just addicted to the feeling of making big moves, catching the other team completely off guard, taking out multiple players with one shot each, running down the last remaining guys with my autococker just clacking away.... Not much else compares to that. Especially when the other team is shooting high end electros and your team is a handful of cocker guys but mostly rentals.

https://youtu.be/X91wbl6qYfY
>>
File: 1605499179611.jpg (23 KB, 398x500)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>43330
>play game with respawns that end after a certain minute mark
>sneak a wide flank around enemy lines with some guys a few minutes before the cutoff point
>guns aimed waiting for the whistle to blow for respawns ending
>take half their team out with one shot each the moment it goes off
>>
Buddies got a tank thats out of hydro by like 4 months. I told him to take it to a place to hydro but the turnaround time is about a week and we were planning on going this upcoming saturday. I told him its not a good idea to play when its out of hydro but his rationale was "i only used it twice since i bought it". Is 4 months out of hydro ok?
>>
>>43637
Are you going to a commercial field? If so, they won't fill it if it's out of hydro.
If it's outlaw ball and you've got your own setup, obviously you're doing it at your own risk but it should be fine. It's not like a hydro test is repairing or reinforcing it or anything, it's just a periodic regulation safety check.
>>
>>43639
its an actual field. I went 3 weekends ago and they didn't check our tanks. Mine are up to date tho.
>>
>>43637
They don't even need to hydro in Canada anymore if they're under 61ci.
How many times have they actually checked, or you heard of someones tank becoming a rocket? I don't think I've even heard a paintball fudd with any stories.
>>
>>43676
More likely an insurance issue. If the fields want insurance, they need to abide by the insurer's requirements.
>>
File: 1609225418716.jpg (45 KB, 500x519)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
Paintballs for dinner!
>>
are people still using tipman 98 classics? that was one sexy gun
>>
>>44678
Yep, Im still using my WGP cocker to go thunkthunkthunkthunkthunk
>>
>>44678
Mostly craigslist warriors
Lots of fields still use them for their rental fleet since they're basically indestructible too
>>
File: 1597366749216.png (3 KB, 448x357)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>42069
haha le funny number
>>
>>44678
Yes, they're youtube pranksters with no masks
>>
File: 1605619149755.jpg (659 KB, 1650x2270)
659 KB
659 KB JPG
90s edition you say?
>>
>>46684

Goord lord, I remember all of this. Obsessing on these magazines and tearing up the fields every weekend was the only way I survived my teenage and high school years. God, I love this sport so much back then.

Thanks for posting this and taking me back.

Christ, I'm getting old...

Me, as a 16 year old rocking the Dark Angel LCD with the Air America Armageddon. Truly more kino times, bro.

I think I literally had every thing in this magazine ad at one time. Aside from the Scott Googles, which I always wanted but stuck with JT until VForce came out. Ahhhhhh, goddamn I loved this sport.
>>
File: 1608792563735.jpg (206 KB, 800x600)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
>>46732
Wholesome post
>>
>>46823

Indian Creek Designs was such an underrated company. The Bushmaster 2000 was a sick shooting gun. The Thunder Cat was the one before the Bushmaster which eventually turned into the Bob Long series and the Intimidator, yeah?

I remember nothing from college but I remember all these tiny details from these days.
>>
>>46684
God I wish we had 90s paintball back when every gun was an experiment

>>46871
B2Ks are still great in my option, I mean if ICD ever decided to come out from the grave and just modernize the B2K with oled programmable board and modern electronics Im pretty sure they would be a hit. And Im not just saying that because Im tired of changing the dip switches on my MacDev Sonic.
>>
>>46943

Right? They might be one of the most underrated guns in history. They were one of the first economical electros to come out and the concept of not blowing $1k+ on a marker was so foreign that it never really got the respect it was due.

But it really was an incredible market. Probably one of the fastest and smoothest firing markers ever, especially from that era. Around that time, there was only the Angel which was God-tier, the Shocker which was a hyper autistic huge box and that was about it for high-end electros. You had some novelties like the Brass Eagle Rainmaker which was super underrated and you had odd ones here and there. But the BM2K really revolutionized the game and began a whole of new more accessible high end electros. The pull bolt was super bad ass too, to clear ball breaks.

The Smart Parts Impulse came out after that which I was never a fan of as it always seemed like a shitty BM2K.

Still think it's one of the fastest and smoothest shooting guns I've ever played with. All the crazy mods and stuff people did with it over the years was super sexy. They were like paintball's Tommy Gun with how revolutionary accessible and era-defining they were.
>>
>>47004
I think the craziest stuff is how great the private label and custom B2ks got, like bonebreak and zenitram are probs hens teeth now but I think are close to the pinnacle of the line. Like real shit Im just waiting for someone to make a private label modern b2k. Cut down some of the bulk and shrink the frame and stick all the electros in the grip along with a LiPo like the Dyes and Luxes do and I think youve got a killer for what PE does with their Lvs. I mean shit my B2k feels and shoots better than a PE LV1.6
>>
It makes me sad how pretty much every brand in paintball got absorbed by GI
The brands still exist in name but they're just meaningless labels on the same GI trash
>>
File: 1598511604285.jpg (38 KB, 385x316)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>47344
I miss Draxxus.
>>
>>47344
I miss Evil ;-;
>>
File: 1620393838202.png (327 KB, 548x546)
327 KB
327 KB PNG
>>47438
this
>>
File: 1390599721375.jpg (46 KB, 324x322)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>47443
>>
I haven't played paintball in close to 20 years.

What happened?

The big companies when I was playing were RP, Diablo, 32 Degrees and then some other off-brands here or there.

RP All-Stars and Diablo Hellfire FTW.
>>
>>41151
that way you don't grab the gun, you could have an accident
>>
>>47500
The game fell out of the spotlight and most brands consolidated under Empire which eventually fell under GI Sportz. Some of the higher end brands are still around though, like Eclipse and MacDev. People into paintball still seem pretty passionate and there are still decent groups at any fields I've gone to, but it's nothing like it was in the 2000s.
>>
>>47510
I dont think youve ever shot a shoebox shocker before friend
>>
File: 1611227965778.jpg (63 KB, 672x900)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
Do you prefer paint that's easier for you to see in the air or harder for your opponents to see in the air?
>>
>>47910
I care about how it complements my marker.
>>
>>47910
I just want paint that shoots consistently straight and breaking on the opponents without blowing up in my marker. So far HK Premium, Draxxus tournament, Plauge Tournament and even the cursed Empire Marbalizer seems to do the trick, sucks balls though when it doesn't come with moisture eaters in the bags and have been sitting in the sun for a week.
>>
File: 1611174731584.jpg (75 KB, 513x400)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>48133
Based, paint is part of your loadout design
It's why I miss translucent hoppers and even more why I miss fields ever actually being BYOP instead of just having one color of ugly overpriced printed bottom-tier field paint
>>
File: pb.png (1.27 MB, 960x720)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
Anyone here stock class? I finally got around to fixing the 12gram seal on my buzzard and getting everything cleaned after about 2 years of them not seeing the light of day.
>>
>>47500
The game stagnated, and all the brands that weren't massive just got eaten up.

My thoughts are that tournament style paintball truly killed all the momentum the sport had. It was the worst direction to go with the sport. The massive influx of players and money in the mid 2ks was a bubble, people left when it popped. It's hard to film, expensive to play, and from talking to new players, it just doesn't attract them to the game. But every major company put all their eggs in that basket, and left the weekend players with nothing.

Most people don't want to sling 120 usd worth of paint down the field every weekend, and most players don't want to get shot up on the speedball field. It's even worse when you bring high bps electro markers into the woods, where there can be major chokepoints and lanes that become impassable. I can't tell you how many times I've played with a bunch of kids that are just stuck behind a bunker because they can't snap shoot.

If paintball wants to grow again, it needs to embrace new players and what's fun for them. That's why magfed is seeing so much adoption, and why pump and mech markers have been getting more and more popular. All my local fields have magfed and pump events/tourneys, and capped bps days now. Should've been that way from the start.
>>
>>49110
Definitely agree. I was a ref for a recball field in highschool and would need to break teams of speedball and rental players and it always sucked. The rentals and rec players were always slaughtered first then the tryhard speed guys would finish the rest of the match. On those really busy days when we had enough people to split the rentals and walk ons, i always loved taking the rentals. They are just there to have fun and not bitch the entire day about how people aren't calling hits and how shit their paint is.
>>
>>49270
We at least seem to be moving a bit more towards that with so many brands making mechanical spool valves and low rate of fire mechanical events becoming more and more common.

It's not going to bring us back to where we were in 2005, but it's something
>>
>>49580
I don't think any outdoor sport is going to go back to the levels of participation it had before this decade.

But, yeah, the writing has been on the wall for some time. Paintball was born in the woods, and it'll die there. It's not like you couldn't make advanced divisions around low fire rates, or like the game would be worse for it. I'd argue it's quite the opposite.

Mech and pump being standard, with speedball and magfed (purely due to the feeling I have that First Strike should be restricted from open play) being the niche's they were always going to be.
>>
File: 1619313783576.jpg (1.09 MB, 1978x1290)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
>>49720
>purely due to the feeling I have that First Strike should be restricted from open play
I wish every field banned this shit
First strikes are literally pay to win and the advantage they give you is just insane, the game isn't fun when I can't even peek through a baseball sized hole without some fag spending $6 to gog me

They sting like a motherfucker too, whoever decided it was a good idea to use plastic riot control rounds in regular paintball games needs to be publicly stoned to death
>>
File: WP_20140703_004.jpg (149 KB, 717x1277)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>49723
It's cause they have like 20-30 plus fps muzzle velocity over regular balls and noone fucking adjusts for their guns that switch on the fly.
And probably carry velocity farther.
Ancient picture from when they first came out and I took a load (lol) across the chest within twenty feet.
>>
First strike makes sense for strictly magfed games. They are utterly fucking retarded when you have them mixed in with regular paint though. It literally is pay to win. Really the problem is that magfed needs more adoption, thats all. I feel like if it took off, though, that normal paintball would die as a result. Not that its really thriving right now to begin with. Its just plain too expensive for people to play, and those that do play make entry for new players difficult. Nobody wants to pay $100 to spend an entire afternoon getting dunked on by dudes ramping lasers with CS2s and M3s.

Its just a sport that is VERY gear dependent. Theres two fields by me, which are always jammed, but they do split up “high tech” and “low tech/rentals” as much as they can, which is nice. Really though, paint just needs to be less expensive, which wont happen unless the manufactures are able to push even more bulk of it to justify operating costs, which wont happen unless more people are playing paintball and using paint, which wont happen unless paint becomes less expensive, which....
>>
File: 1620547489202.jpg (33 KB, 388x388)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>have 7man mech team
>month before the game
>they all say they can play
>one week before game
>all but one backs out
I need like 6 retards to fly to Australia to help me suck at paintball even more than usual
>>
File: 20210522_103648.jpg (2.43 MB, 2697x3575)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB JPG
>magfed
its actually quite fun without first strikes unless youre playing vs 30bps
>>
are the dye i4/i5 decent for wider heads? i had a look at someones at the field yesterday and it looks narrow, and the kid had a smallish head, i regret not asking to try it on.
>>
>>49723
>>49905
maybe the airsoft rule of minimum engagement distance would be reasonable

i also don't know any hits on me that i know to have been fs rounds so i don't know if that kind of rule would help.
>>
>>50351
Fields just need to enforce their chrono rules. Players need to call that shit out and get opposing players markers chrono checked. You need to lower your velocity for First Strike rounds since they're really efficient. A lot of people shoot both roundball and First Strike, but only chrono for roundball because it's way cheaper.
>>
I don't really get how magfed is played since you can barely hold any ammo but you can shoot way faster than stock class. Is the game less about snap shooting and supressive fire and more about flanking so you only need one shot?
>>
>>50364
i know a few fields that spot check with a handheld chrono, but i mostly think they spot check when they think people are firing over the bps limit, plus i expect fs players would get pissy if a marshall asks them to spot check before a game

2 different tapes or zipties for fs and roundball chrono would work, that way marshalls know immediately if someone chrono'd roundball and is shooting fs in-game
>>
>>50351
>maybe the airsoft rule of minimum engagement distance would be reasonable
Most fields generally already have that. My issue with first strikes isn't that anyways, it's that you can gog people through cracks from further than anyone shooting round ball can even hit you if you're standing out in the open.
>>
best paintball top? gotta be the "fight island" OD green tie dye hawaiian. velcro patch locations at chest and both shoulders and slots for your pod pack. the front of the shirt stays loose for better airflow and increased chance of bounces
>>
>>51144
>>
>>50350
Bunkerkings CMD is what you want
>>
File: 1617598104948.png (432 KB, 820x409)
432 KB
432 KB PNG
I just think they're neat
>>
File: _20210616_000207.jpg (496 KB, 2160x2111)
496 KB
496 KB JPG
Gel ball is now illegal everywhere in Australia but in QLD.

I hate the australian government so fucking much
>>
>>52084
It's legal is South Australia though
>>
>>41302
Not sure if my shop's gonna have a booth or not but I know a bunch of my coworkers are going. I'd like to but it's hard to get out for those.
>>
>>52084
I see no problem with this
>>
>>53016
Why?
>>
File: 1600038008689.jpg (440 KB, 1276x717)
440 KB
440 KB JPG
Why is this general so dead
>>
>>53607
because paintball in general is dead
>>
>>53414
Gelball is a cancer in Australia, imagine all the worst aspects of paintball and airsoft combined into one sport, then add hardcore larping ontop then imagine a circle jerk added into it.. oh and none of the guns work and cost like 2x what they should cost
>>
>>53837
>imagine all the worst aspects of paintball and airsoft combined into one sport
Please elaborate
>>
>>53889
>go to shops with friend
>walk past gel ball shop
>theyre firing gels out of the front door to show some customer
>people wonder why theyre banned

Gel ballers are peak retards
>>
Thinking about buying an azodin kaos 3 for my first marker. Fields near me run a lot of mech only stuff and and I think it'd be fine for most rec / hyperball stuff.
>>
New to paint ball and only played a couple of backyard matches.
What’s the QRD of the Tippman A5 and X7? Are they decent? They seem like clunky guns with plastic furniture and don’t look much like you’re typical paintball gun of old or seen in matches. I want to get into take more but time and other hobbies seem be an issue.
>>
>>54427
>Are they decent?
They're ok but mostly outdated. I'd rather go for a '98 ACT out of all the Tippmann markers.
>>
>>54442
Thank you for the info. I hopping to win an estate auction win with two X7s and an A5 with some spare barrels and other goodies. In the future I’ll see if I can get a 98 ACT or similar marker. I do like that type of paintball gun and look. Pitty how much this sport has fallen out of favor in recent years but I guess with air soft and other variables, it makes sense.
>markers
TIL that’s what they’re called.

Hopefully in the future I can be more involved with the sport and /pbg/
Cheers.
>>
>>54458
>>54442
Missed the auction by 30 minutes and my bid was bested by $10. Jimmies through ly rustled but I just got a great deal on a couple of mossberg 500s so it is what it is. At least I have a slug gun and a bird gun now so my fridge and freezer can be stocked with some fine game in the future.
>>
File: 20210708_205632.jpg (3.63 MB, 4160x3120)
3.63 MB
3.63 MB JPG
Y'all like my new paintball gun?...oh wait
>>
>>55786
is this airshit?
>>
>>55786
wrong board friend, your looking for /lgbt/
>>
>>55812
>your
>>
File: 20210708_205617.jpg (3.33 MB, 4160x3120)
3.33 MB
3.33 MB JPG
>>55912
Based
>>
>>55922
damn I cant believe I got owned by a homosexual, I guess I better switch to airshit and cope. Least its not [spoiler]gelball[/spoiler]
>>
>>55786
At this point why not just actually play paintball...

Or do you like being some kind of skirmish hipster
>>
>>56186
cheaper ammo
>>
>>56253
what a very poorfag mentality
>>
File: 20201108_005249.jpg (679 KB, 3120x4160)
679 KB
679 KB JPG
>>56333
Kek >paying 200$ plus at your local field cuz the boomer owner won't let you bring your own paint. I can buy 5000bbs for 20$. This is the reason why paintball is a dying boomer sport.
>>
File: 20210602_221214.jpg (3.36 MB, 4160x3120)
3.36 MB
3.36 MB JPG
>>56186
A little bit of both. I just like running the gun cuz it makes the military larp boomers cry. Also cuz HPA with BB's is like shooting a laser beam. I have a small smart chip in it that allows me to do binary trigger pulls or ramping. If I wanted to I can shoot 40+RPS on full auto.
>>
>>56351
I dont think Ive ever paid more than 80 bucks for paint, maybe you should try stop being retarded and getting scammed by field owners.
>>
>>56474
80$? Are you a tard that plays with 300 paintballs throughout the whole entire day? 2000 paintballs in my field will run you 180$ I can see why paintball is a dying past time.
>>
>>56351
Lmao zoomerfag speedtranny trash
>>
>>56500
>2000 paintballs in my field will run you 180$
Where the fuck do you play? That's straight up robbery, even like $90 cases is robbery but that's the highest I've ever seen it go. $180 is just insane
>>
>>56500
I played a tournament where the "super high grade leet ballz" were still only a hundred bucks. Really I'm just lmaoing at your life now
>>
File: 1623025648807.jpg (27 KB, 320x320)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
If you're not supposed to eat paintballs why do they make them look so delicious?
>>
File: 20210421_121133.jpg (3.72 MB, 4160x3120)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB JPG
>>56607
>Paying 100$ for paintballs
I'm the one that's having a kek
Paintball players are really brain dead. >forced to pay for paint to play on the owners field
That's a top kek
I can see why I see more airsoft players on paintball fields now a days compared to actual paintball players
>>
>>56618
death to airshitting niggers.
>>
>>56351
speednigger commit suicide
>>
>>56500
No boxes of paint are cheap where in based Australia. Probably play about 120 ozzie made up dollars for a box and field entry. I just dont go to expensive fields. Even the tournaments here are about 150 at the most. Just stop going to scam fields lmao. I cant help that youre retarded

>>56610
This is what big GI wants you to think but based Mr H makes the most delicious paintballs, I exclusively eat HK Army Tournament paint only!
>>
File: Snapchat-114134064.jpg (1.58 MB, 1680x3117)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB JPG
>>56624
>100+ dollars for paint
You aren't helping your case here you bogan abo brain dead tard
As a sigma male chad I'll be buying 5000bbs for 20$. I hope to God that Australia bans paintball so you tards have to play with nerf
>>
>>56358
What's for dinner?
>>
>>56618
I was going to ask you what parts you used on your rifle but then I saw it was air soft. I need to stop browsing /k/ and /xs/ in the same window
>>
>>56648
tldr niggerboy
>>
Do you wear a cup when you play? I feel like I've never heard of anyone wearing one but getting shot in the dick would actually be the worst thing imaginable
>>
File: 20210421_121116.jpg (3.8 MB, 4160x3120)
3.8 MB
3.8 MB JPG
>>56709
Typical paintball player can't even read a short paragraph.
Do you tards play with led in your paint or something?
>>
>>56610
>implying you're not supposed to eat them
>>
>>56648
Edgy/10
>>
>>56745
>fake silencer on an airsoft gun
>>
File: 1604021420546.jpg (31 KB, 459x414)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>56762
So I guess there is led in your paint balls by how much of a tard you are.
First off it's called a suppressor you brain dead abo. Second it hides the extended inner barrel.
>>
>>41151
My first game was about a year ago at some cheap pay-for-the-day place. The fields were small-ish and the teams consisted of an average of 10-15 players each. They let you use their guns and paintballs, no outside guns/paintballs allowed. This was a kid-friendly place so the guns were cheap and low pressure, made for horrible accuracy. Me and my two friends dominated the entire time. Definitely not as good as my grandpa played back in his time. Overall 4/10, would play again
>>
>>56779
Legal term is silencer and the first suppressor was called “silencer” by Hiram Percy Maxim himself. They go by many names both suppressor and silencer are correct.
>>56762
There are even faux suppressors in the firearm market. Usually sold on some Uzi carbines and other pistol caliber carbines to make their rifle length barrels look less silly and awkward. Although having them on airshit guns is odd as they’re not beholden to the NFA.
>>
>>56618
can you put a trip on? or at least a name
>>
>>56779
>he fell for it
>>
File: 1597423119477.jpg (102 KB, 743x457)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
Will the resurgence of mechanical save paintball or is it too late?
>>
>>57506
I would say its too late but could be a more of a renaissance if anything. Games changes but the industry hasnt.
>>
>>57506
Mechanicals are the hipsters of PB. You'll still need to pay out the ass for a tip top mech.
>>
>>57506
>>57616
I'm thinking of getting back into the game, and am torn between an axe 2.0 or a resurrection, I like the concept of the mech but electronic markers just put so much more paint downfield I'm not sure the small accuracy bump from the mech would be worth it.
>>
>>46684
that nova 700 is sexy af
>>
>>57670
There isn't going to be an accuracy difference, the only thing that really affects accuracy is how good your paint is and how well the barrel bore is matched. The perk of mechs is reliability, not having to worry about batteries, and arguably fun

I think electros are boring, one shot per trigger pull and feeling a mechanical sear is a lot more satisfying to me
>>
>>57670
buy a used 160r or xls off facebook bst groups
>>
>>57670
If you're spending $475 on an Axe spend $450 on an Etha 2 instead. This coming from an Axe 1 owner.
>>
>>57670
Axe 2 is okay but I would just go with an etha, the fact that PE has a case for it beats the metal frame of the axe. And this is coming from an Axe 2 owner. Actually working on an axe 2 shitpost review for GI shekles.
>>
File: 02impulse.jpg (1.94 MB, 4032x2268)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB JPG
if my 02 impulse was a human it would probably have dementia by now. poor thing. i gotta tear it apart and replace all the o-rings, lube it up, and buy a new hpa tank because mine is 10 years past the hydro test date hahaha.
when i was really into paintball, my dream marker was an e-bladed autococker. i would drool over wgp karnivores, but just about any e-cocker looked gorgeous to me.
one marker i absolutely hated the looks of were the timmys and all their variations, specifically dragon intimidatiors.
i also couldn't stand the whole hk/agg movement. anyone remember that shit? louis vuitton sandanas on tryhard little agglettes with rolled up watermelon proflexes hahaha what a laughable little trend
>>
>>46732
My after paintball ritual on sunday night was cleaning and lubing my marker and goggles while watching brand new episodes of jackass premier.
>>
>>58919
>lubing your goggles
>>
>>58657
Yeah I know that feel with my ICD B2K, never touched the insides apart from the Ram, LPR and HPR cuz fuck anything else. But yeah cockers are making a comeback and the agglets are worse than ever.One of my agglet mates bought an eblade cold fusion, pretty much everyone including me have told him not to touch it or he'll break it and no one is gonna fix it for him because fuck that shit. But yeah agglets are cancer thats why I have a beer gut and wear CMD cuz I can still smoke underneath my mask and it looks cool when I exhale.
>>
>>41151
I feel paintball could have been a lot better but it is ruled over by idiots.
>>
>>59459
99% of the market being owned by one conglomerate brand these days really doesn't help things
>>
>>59645
iirc PE, Dye and MacDev are free from the clutches of GI/Kee/Whateverthefucktheyrenow
>>
>>59720
Yeah, sadly it's really just the high profile pro-level companies that are left on their own.
>>
>>60220
idk its not bad aside from the GI Kee conglomerate, given them enough time to refine what they want really. Sad we'll never see 50 million odd companies copying spider.
>>
Thinking of getting back into PB. Probably going to have to do a full o'ring replacement for my Ego 10. Any recommendations where to buy a full o'ring kit?
>>
File: download.jpg (13 KB, 201x251)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>60267
Well from his highness of coarse
>>
File: 1622590412909.png (207 KB, 500x250)
207 KB
207 KB PNG
What's your favorite paint shell design? I miss Marballizer and orange Evil with the logo printed on each ball
>>
>>60475
For me it was Inka Silver
>>
>>60708
I can't find a pic, what do they look like?
>>
>>60475
Meteor is the thinking man's paint
>>
>>60708
Wasn't that half vomit green half candy green?
>>
>>61225
Striped balls are ugly as fuck
>>
File: paintball dive.jpg (248 KB, 1280x905)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
>>41151
I want to LARP hard at a rocky range without tearing a hole in my LARP jacket elbows. What elbow pads would you guys recommend for wearing all day and pretending to be a cool kid?
>>
>>62768
idk anything thats a hard shell but probs just get some sort of cheap GI elbow pad and go with that and just learn how to sew clothing back together
>>
>>56745
It's written "lead".
>>
>>41302
where is this it looks dope
>>
>>65413
He's literally linked it in that post anon
>>
File: 1496759650099.jpg (7 KB, 196x250)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>the sports growing in my state
>local field booming
>I actually have something to do outside gym and 60 hour work weeks
>the vicious guys coming out to help the teams get better and take home trophies

life is good brothers
>>
>>62768
empire neoskins
>>
>>65730
Jelly
I don't have any fields for miles and there are barely any people there when I go, I'm considering picking up airsoft
>>
im going for the first time in like 2 weeks
any secret knowledge you wanna share with me so i can go Chris Kyle on my close friends and family?
>>
I ref part time at a field in Florida. Anyone interested in hearing the countless retarded stories I have?

There is no hope for humanity
>>
>>66266
go on mate
>>
>>66180
Buy your own paintball marker and mask and train with it for two weeks. Stay in shape with a heavier focus on cardio than usual. Train agility, make sure you have solid footwork and can get up and get down quickly.
>>
>>66180
Learning to shoot ambi is huge, it lets you shoot out of both sides of cover while exposing minimal body.
>>
>>66180
Mask is the most important gear to start with. Gun really doesn't make a lot of difference.
>>
>>66543
This. No matter how shit your marker is, if you're the only one who can see you're going to be the king
>>
File: tips fedorov.jpg (132 KB, 479x580)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>41151
/k/ here. Paintballs and firststrikes appear to be cheaper and more readily available than simunitions. Anyone have a retard's guide to magfed/milsim type equipment?
>>
>>66667
Magfed is kind of a niche thing, as far as I know there isn't really anyone here who plays it.

If you want a fleet of cheap basic magfed guns, look into the Tippmann TMC. If you want first strike compatibility though, you'll need something a little higher end. First Strike themselves makes really great milsim markers but the price point is very high. I unfortunately don't know much about what's in between.
>>
>>67372
If the Tippmann were closer to $100 than $300 I'd consider getting a few to lend out, but at that price I'll probably just shell out a bit more to get something for myself with first strike compatibility. The First Strike T15 looks interesting, especially since you can swap the paintball upper for an airsoft upper.
>>
>>66667
Idk anything Planet Eclipse really. emf100 and the cf20 mags run first strike and if you’re a gearqueer then any standard STANAG mag pouch without a flap will take em. Really just get a good mask like a CMD or proflex and go play. Don’t need much really.
>>
>>66667
This probably isn't the answer you're looking for but you might have a better time with airsoft and realcap mags. You can safely push the velocity a lot higher with airsoft than you can with paintball. If you want full milsim, look into gas blowback rifles
>>
look a faggot
https://youtu.be/wnhPUu-OK5c
>>
>>66543
they kept shooting my scalp, my hair was neon yellow
i dont like paintball anymore
>>
>>60276
I've met this guy before a few times. He looks like he's depressed 90% of the time. Kind of like aimlessly walking around the store
>>
>>69083
Is it the ANSgear guy?
>>
I think I'm gonna switch to airsoft
I love paintball tech but cheaper ammo and less pain/mess sounds nice
>>
File: 1617209887228.jpg (159 KB, 1500x1124)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
What flavor are these?
>>
What went wrong?
>>
>>69150
Yeah, that dude is awesome. He taught me a bunch on airsoft teching and before that every single gun I would drop off he'd fix (and it stayed fixed) very quickly. He really helps ANS stay on the top of the paintball/airsoft game.
>>
Thank fuck borders are open now, I can stop paying so much every time I want to play and can go somewhere else to play airsoft instead
>>
>>73340
Where are you from?
>>
>>41151
NXL world cup ended today.

Even people that play paintball don't care about pro paintball. Neither do I
>>
>>41303
The JT goggles on the left are worth about $200 in todays market. Sell them on JT owners facebook group if you want the money. The rest of the stuff is pretty entry level. That tank is non usable by law (DOT) due to its age.
>>
>>74871
What a shitshow it was too. RIP Paintball
>>
>>41985
Calm down fag
>>
>>74871
I was busy watching and betting on the D3 kids fighting on the field. I had 50 bucks on the wigger with the hormesis headband winning but lost it to some retard in a clear JT flex bottom and ratty sandana
>>
>>73390
Australia, dont know anywhere else thats banned airsoft this much other than places like NK
>>
File: 1613390488817.jpg (151 KB, 1200x800)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>74871
Xball is just a terrible sport, absolutely nothing about it is interesting or spectator friendly. Watching people shoot $80 of paint at the fucking wall across several minutes just to zone people and take the point is incredibly boring and very difficult to follow without being there in person. Paintball really never should have been anything other than boomers fucking around in the woods with airguns

>>75560
I still don't understand why airsoft is banned there but paintball is fine when the guns are significantly more powerful joule-wise. Is it literally just because they're modeled after firearms?
>>
Emek god tier. Fuck you timing ass tinker boys
>>
>>75801
based
autocockers are overrated
>>
>>75631
Afaik it has to do with how firearms are classified here, but its definitely because because they look too much like real firearms. Gel blasters are banned probably for the same reason.
I guess they don't want to deal with the hassle of legally requiring airsofts to be safe or separated from firearms so they just went with the half assed option of outright banning it
>>
Give me something fun to do with old paintballs that aren't really fit to shoot anymore
I have so much old paint laying around and it hurts to just throw it away
>>
>>58657
I can tell by your post and setup that you are not agg
That sucks but we could still be frens

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.