[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 143 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Tomboys are the future edition

>What is bouldering?
Bouldering is a form of free climbing that is performed on small rock formations, boulders or artificial rock walls without the use of ropes or harnesses. Climbing shoes and a crash pad are usually the minimum equipment needed. Other styles of rock climbing (Sport, Trad) use various forms of protective equipment while climbing.

Previous thread >>24374
>>
File: tomboy.png (210 KB, 1875x750)
210 KB
210 KB PNG
>tfw no tomboy gf
>>
So what do you think of the knee-pad ban?
>>
I don't think anything about it because afaik it doesn't exist
>>
>>38688
For bouldering I think its a good thing. Now if only bouldering routesetters would stop trying to force the hand jams meme.

Are they also getting rid of knee-pads for lead climbing?
>>
>>38688
Knee-pad ban? Story?
>>
Who the fuck thought four fucking hours of uninterrupted bouldering would be fun to watch?
>>
>>38707
I don't mind the hand jams, it's the parkour acrobatic dynos that annoy me.

>>38708
knee pads were banned in the last boulder world cup

>>38721
What do you mean? Would you rather have women and men on separate days, or what?
>>
>>38721
Upwards of 25k concurrent viewers on the livestream thought it was fun and based
>>
>>38676
When people say "beta" do they mean "the best way" or "a way"? Cuz there's often several ways to solve a route, some better than others depending on physicality
>>
>>38885
the way it problem can be solved. if you are tall, then a "short person beta" might not be that useful to you
>>
>>38707
I like the implementation of crack climbing in the recent competitions. Crack climbing is a huge category which has a lot of potential to be explored in comp climbing. Also, it forces competitors to either learn how to crack climb or think outside the box.

Besides, it's worth it just to see Jakob seethe over cracks.
>>
>>38676
Yeah, I got a question. Do I need to climb harder than the cute bouldering chick before hitting on her?
>>
>>38932
What makes you think a bouldering chick would date bouldering men?
>>
>>38932
Climb so good the climbing chick hits on you

You wanna be the source of advice
>>
>>38685
>TFW no trans tomboy gf desu
>>
>>38959
>trans tomboy
sick fucks, leave tomboys alone
>>
>>38885
>>38888
can also be strength dependent
>>
>>38676
Hey /bog/

imma share my 15minute covid bouldering fitness challenge with you.
Designed for intermediate climbers reduce the amount of pullups if you want to make it easier.

I like to go to my local football field and do one set on a goal post, then I squat walk as long as I can to the other goal post and repeat until done.

reps are the final goal

pullup to advanced tuck front lever crank 10x4
(diamond pushup burpee x10 and 2 second lock off pullups x10) x4

it's pretty hard good luck
>>
>>39135
beginner workout:
Take a minute between sets and do as many reps as you can. if the burpees are too easy you can switch to diamond pushup burpees

(pushup burpee x12+ 2 second lockoff body row with x12) x 5

follow by doing mobility drills of your choice
>>
Do you have any other athletic hobbies than climbing?
>>
>>39165
Yeah I also really like bouldering
>>
>>39232
oh you

>>39165
I guess I also do hiking, but I wouldn't really call it a hobby
>>
>>39165
Well I'm a cyber athlete, if that counts
>>
beginner and itermediate friendly routine: www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHHEKcfVIsg
>>
File: dscf6335.jpg (244 KB, 1080x1350)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
is this the ideal, female bouldering body?
>>
File: karatekick.png (38 KB, 140x98)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
Does anyone here knows of exercises to get better at reaching footholds at waist level away from your center of gravity ?
Similar to the karate kick on freerider except you have to be precise (can't just throw your leg) and you can't pull any weight on your hands
>>
>>39491
Train your obliques, easier done if you have access to a cable machine.
>>
>>39491
stand against a wall while facing it, lift up one leg to your side as high as you can and hold it there for as long as you can. Do similar isometrics with your legs bent at different angles and your torso twisted.

some people can hang on a bar on one hand for quite some time, but they cannot keep their leg straight in air for even half the time

tl;dr
isometric leg exercises
>>
Can't solve a problem? This little guy will help you 100%
>>
>>39529
For both this and highstepping I can feel that the limiting factor is most definitely in the connection between the legs and the hips
>>39535
>some people can hang on a bar on one hand for quite some time, but they cannot keep their leg straight in air for even half the time
yup, haven't tried it but it definitely sounds like me, I couldn't lift my leg straight at a 90 degree angle to save my life
I'll try the isometric leg exercises thanks anon
>>
File: 5845cd430b2a3b54fdbaecf8.png (25 KB, 1024x1024)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
Mfw I did my first V8 yesterday, what was the latest achievement /xs/ did?
>>
>>40230
Great job anon!
As for my latest achievement I'm not sure, maybe did a 5C last summer. The area was paywalled on 27crags so the guy I was with went by memory and my local gym doesn't really have comparable grades.
>>
how do I get my gf into bouldering?
>>
>>39551
Based and brush pilled, wish more people would clean their shit
>>
>>40230
well done anon, my latest achievement was prebooking a climbing session for the gym that is finally going out of lockdown next month (closed for over 4 months)

>>40250
why would you want you gf to have fucked up feet, and thick hands?
>>
>>39647
lift the leg parallel to a wall, not towards it. You want to strengthen your hip abductors. Elastic bands are good too
>>
I like bouldering, currently doing a 7a+ project. However the amount of basedcucks at the gym prevent me from accomplishing my goals. I just wanna leave when ever I see those low-test monsters. what do?
>>
>>40304
>basedcucks at the gym
>low-test monsters
what kinda people do you even mean here
>>
>>40308
they are half-based half-cucked. muscular, yes but also very basedish. some of them even refer goebbels
>>
>>40309
i don't sound right right now. i mean some of them are very basedish. sorry I'm on coke and vodka
>>
>>40313
oh it's the f*cking censorship that's fuck*ng up my comments. I mean some of them sound S---0YISH
>>
>>40314
How are these guys preventing you from doing your project exactly?
>>
>>40315
they are hating on my swastika shirt
>>
>>40320
Post pick of shirt
>>
>>40304
I have no idea what kind of people you are talking about. Use real word instead of some buzzwords
>>
>>40337
He means "he gets uncontrollably insecure and embarassed when he sees guys who're stronger and more skilled then him but who look like they vote for a different political party than he does."
>>
>>40353
>skilled *than him
>>
>>40235
Nice! Was it a 5C in British grade?
>>
>>40374
No, forgot that you skip the letters on 5 so it should maybe be 5+ instead. Tried finding the problem but no luck without the topo pictures, I'll just have to get out and do some problems I know the grades of.
>>
File: magnus.png (281 KB, 864x888)
281 KB
281 KB PNG
Hey I was bored so I did the symmetric strength of magnus and the result is exactly as you can guess lol
>Bench press + DL
https://youtu.be/pqjiSMcmcRQ?t=417
>Squat
https://youtu.be/CZ2t3iNx5wM?t=1354
>Pullup
https://youtu.be/UOBB4wkTdxQ?t=1214
>>
>>40287
Yup that's what I understood and god damn am I bad at this, It feels weird to think that what stops me from going further up is a lack of strength tho, but well since I spent most of my life on a chair it shouldn't surprise me that much I guess
>>
>>40717
it's more of a mobility issue, not strength. You don't need to be strong enough to lift your leg up with extra weight, but you need to be enough mobile for climbing so you can lift your leg up
>>
anyone got any tips for finger joint pain?it's only really appeared recently after making some decent gains
>>
>>41393
Do you do a lot of crimpy routes or fingerboarding?
>>
>>41393
rest you mong.
>>
File: 1275955071512.jpg (12 KB, 337x335)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
a hold pulled off a fat piece of skin off my ring finger during weekend bouldering
>>
>>41393
recover, and then work on your open hand crimp. My guess is over-crimping
>>
>>39551
Whenever I brush some hold I always think it'll hardly make a difference or that I'm coping. However always pleasantly surprised. thank you brush
>>
>>40230
Nice!
>>
>>41757
post pic
>>
Bros any hot tips for improving footwork. I feel like I can only do controlled foot placement when I already have good handholds and vice versa. Anything else and I clank into the wall with loud slapping sounds
>>
File: 1613871260980.png (3.27 MB, 1919x1077)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB PNG
>>41943
don't forget to wipe your rubber too
>>
>>41955
downgrade and practice
>>
File: bog_opinion.png (1.03 MB, 1886x1488)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
sup, i need some help. what color combination do you think is best?
made on this website:
kinetikclimbing.com/kinetik-customizer/configure/2385/?v=402f03a963ba
>>
>>38737
>>38708
Pretty sure he was asking *why* they were banned.
>>
File: IMG_20210504_172441.jpg (3.46 MB, 3467x5120)
3.46 MB
3.46 MB JPG
Here it is /bog/, 35°, 8' x 8'. Happy climbing!
>>
>>42034
whatever you want man. 1 and 4 look the best to me. 2 is bad and 3 is generic.
>>
>>42064
sick. nice work dude. the design really brings it to life. I'm envious.
>>
>>42064
What's the total cost?
>>
>>42064
Nice man, well done
>>
>>42099
£600 ish, avoiding fully itemising it for now hahah. Wood is very expensive at the moment, especially in the UK, and the holds run you a pretty penny. A large portion of the costs was tools or fittings though that you could probably cut 100 off if you already had, and having access to a gym that might give you some old holds or a willingness to hand make woodies would save you another 100. We borrow a miter saw for the angled beams so it helps to know a guy, so to speak.
>>
Pretty new to bouldering, what's the best way to find other people to do it with? (irl friends aren't interested)
>>
>>42285
go to the gym and talk to people. look for people around your skill level and ask for help with your beta. work on problems together. if possible, find local outdoor bouldering areas and buy a crash pad, then invite people.

it's very easy to meet people this way, at least in my community.
>>
>>42334
thanks, will do this
>>
>>41875
what the fuck is a open hand crimp
there's no such thing
there's full crimp, half crimp, open hand, and some retarded 1/4th crimp for people with weird finger lengths
>>
>>38685
>>
>>42398
its the last one, basically a half crimp but with pointer finger in a drag
>>
>>42285
also check if there are any Facebook groups in your area. Usually there will be people looking for climbing partners.
>>
>>42285
Haha, bouldering is what I do when I don't have a belay partner.
>>
>>42019
Will do. Ty anon
>>
>>41875
i pretty much only open hand
its much stronger than my crimp
>>
Any others short climbers have been having trouble with tall setters ?
>>
>>43170
then start training your crimp
and lookup hangboarding for healing injuries
check out Hooper's Beta and c4hp
>>
>>42398
it's when your open hand gets so strong at the end of your fingers, that you can use it on holds you thought were only possible to be crimped.
>>
>>39165
HIIT/Kettlebell Workouts, riding my fixie recklessly, and reading
>>
>>43176
I'm 172. You just gotta get creative, or get good at dyno. In ifsc for men 2021, the average height must be around 175-178cm or so. (the guy who came second was 172cm)
>>
File: cropped_image_l.png (594 KB, 960x539)
594 KB
594 KB PNG
Noguchi Akiyo
>>
>>43176
try moonboarding for a couple months straight, it'll teach you to fly
>>
I always get so quiet and antisocial when i boulder, I treat it as I'm at a gym. Can't really not do it, it's like my brain goes into "don't care, gtfo"-mode automatically. Which sucks cuz I wanna find someone to climb rope with. What do?
>>
>>43555
I find that the easiest way to meet people is to ask for help on beta. Everyone likes to give advice. Look for people who are a little better than you, or on the same project.

That will get you some bouldering partners. Finding someone to get on a rope with you will require a little more work.
>>
Bros any tips for sit starts?
>>
>>43667
hold the tension
>>
>>43555
bouldering gym is the only place I am actually social and comfortable talking to strangers
>>
>>43414
I wanna lick her armpits
>>
File: 20210512_003700.jpg (3.05 MB, 4000x3000)
3.05 MB
3.05 MB JPG
I dont think italians know what an 8.5 us foot size is.
>>
>>43879
What? That's the perfect fit for you. They're not made for walking.
>>
>>43890
Maybe its just the way its shaped but it doesnt feel nearly as comfortable as the ones i used to rent.
>>
>>43879
Looks like there's enough room for you to scrunch up your toes into the toebox. But if you think a (half) size larger is for you, then try that out.
>>
>>43895
The shoes that gyms rent are absolute trash and it's normal for climbing shoes to hurt when they're brand new, especially when you aren't used to it and moreso when the shoes are designed with bouldering in mind
Just take them off everytime you're not climbing and you'll get used to it soon enough, also make sure to have rigid rubber when climbing vertical/slab so that you don't put too much pressure on your big toe joints
>>
>>43879
see the straps at the back? They are there for a good reason
>>
>>43895
It shouldn't be comfortable, but it shouldn't hurt either. If you're a beginner climber I'd just size up. The marginal improvement that you'll get from uncomfortably small shoes is probably not worth it.
>>
>>43957
this is the sensible (non-hardcore) answer
>>
File: magnus-midtbö.png (1.75 MB, 1513x772)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB PNG
>it's finally a pete episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6VRj3JDTWI
>>
>>43909
>>43957
I may go a half size up. I would say its borderline painful and its uncomfortable enough to be distracting at least.

>>43918
>>43956
I can jam my foot in but the shoes are taking away some of my enjoyment.
>>
>>44004
Make sure you try them on the wall too. The discomfort can get a lot worse on tiny-feet slabs where all your weight is on your feet.
>>
>>43989
Pete is great. Him and Magnus together always make good content.
>>
>>39165
I bike and skateboard/longboard.
>>
>>44004
For reference adam ondra takes his climbing shoes 4 EU size below his size
Now obv you aren't the world's best climber but the thing is you got la sportiva shoes which are especially rough on the feet when brand new as they are made of natural leather and can really expand to shape themselves around your feets
Just give it a few weeks for your shoes to get bigger and for you to get used to it, I also hated it when I bought my first pair of real climbing shoes, now I can't imagine climbing with shoes too big
>>
>>43667
glue your hips to the wall
>>
>>44071
https://youtu.be/BobOhQu8Cwc
>>
Once people realized there's no difference between 1cm and 100m off the ground this sport lost everything.
>>
>>44683
...what? boulding isn't 100m off the ground.
>>
>>44725
Probably just a seething trad dad lol
>>
How should I schedule my fingerboarding? Thinking two days a week, probably Monday and Thursday so I get rest days between and before weekend climbing. But what session do I put them in? Arms+hands day, or does that increase the risk of injury? Should I slot fingerboarding into core day?
>>
File: DSFARGEG.jpg (34 KB, 597x392)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
Hi friends, do you have any advice for / a source for a nice mobility training regimen that would mostly be done on rest days?
>>
>>45279
Ask your mom.
>>
>>45519
She says to get my finger training the same way she does by fingering your little bitch ass.
>>
>>45519
We got a gunslinger on the loose
>>
>>44683
are you saying it was always about height to you? I strongly disagree
>>
I'm not very good (I'm a fatty), but it's really satisfying seeing tryhards fail at a wall then having them watch my fat ass get to the top.
>>
>tryhards
>>
Any fellow fat fuck boulderers? 6'2 and 95kg/210lb and I refuse to acknowledge I wasn't ment for this sport, it's just too fun. I cope by thinking that if there's ever any bad vibes at the crag I can just throw the skinnies the fuck out of there.
>>
>>46080
Someone call Tom and Pete to climb this guy's ginormous asscrack.
>>
>>46080
172cm, 74kg. Trying to get down to like 67-68 and keep muscle, then i'll be flying up 7+
>>
>>46246
I want to put on more muscle mass. I'm 173cm and 60kg.
>>
File: petzljulia.jpg (191 KB, 750x1334)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
reminder the world cup in Salt Lake City is this weekend
>>
>>46392
Protip: Skip legday
>>
I'm 176 with an 185 wingspan, ape index +9 or 1.05, do I have potential?
>>
>>40230
I'm pretty much a beginner and flashed a V3 today. It's only the second or third V3 I've completed and I fucking flashed it
>>
>>40230
Started last year, climbed three months between lockdowns, just started again on the new outdoor wall of the gym, and already back at 6C right from the start. Give it a month and I'll be back at 7A's. Feels good.

Maybe try to hit 7B-7C in one year of training. Would be nice.
>>
>>47017
wait until you try an outdoor v3 :^)
>>
>>47042
Okay but I'm still going to be proud of my current achievements
>>
>>47042
Not the guy you were responding to but the grading is such here that the only 6A I've managed to do is outside. I've done several 5+ outside but struggle a lot with them inside the gym. Basically the grading in the gym has started to inflate with the routes getting harder and harder compared to the difficulty. Everyone says that a 5 here is 6A/B in the capital. I'm a total noob btw.
>>
File: EBpImWGXYAA06fO.jpg (212 KB, 736x1014)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>38685
pain
>>
think I tore my lat where it joins to the shoulder, left rotator cuff has visibly dropped, can't pull on anything with left arm at all but have almost full mobility without pain, how long am I looking at being out of action for? weeks/months/longer?
>>
>>47042
It takes like 1session to be on similar level. It's just a bit more spooky and more friction outdoors
>>
>>39165
I love skiing, mostly offpiste and ski touring
My dream is to one day combine the two, and use climbing to get to a really remote and otherwise inaccessible slope
>>
>>47102
>My dream is to one day combine the two, and use climbing to get to a really remote and otherwise inaccessible slope
Great way to check out early, but what a life you'll have!
>>
>>47066
interesting. Usually gyms grade routes weaker so they can hook new people into thinking they are progressing faster
>>
>>47099
>think I tore
go see your doctor
>>
File: 60aa08a19bf9f.png (738 KB, 500x889)
738 KB
738 KB PNG
Not one post about the World cup stage huh? >>46412

I was a bit disappointed Ori did not get her gold while she had the chance while Janja was not around but it was impressive that Grossman managed that last boulder.
What do you guys think about this mixed Team bouldering competition that they are going to try today? Check the IFSC twitter to see what I am talking about.
>>
>>47455
Grossmann's last boulder was incredible kino

Bertone's first boulder was also, that hand slipping on the last hold was /tv/ tier kino
>>
>>47455
Grossman is a fantastic climber in her own right so she deserves it, and I'm sure Oriana will get her gold medals in time.
>>
>>47165
I think it's more to cater to the more experienced climbers that make up most of the people in the gym. I guess it inflates their ego to think they go to the "hard" gym.
>>
>>47555
I visited a gym, which did not have any rental shoes, and the level was much higher
>>
>>47455
the fucking swinging women's problem was shit
>>
What do you guys think of the "program" proposed in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBTI9qiH4UE ?
Basically the idea is to do really light hangboard training twice a day everyday based on a study implying that ligaments will show a response for 6 hours after a stimuli independent of its intensity and so the goal is to trigger that response as much as possible
It sounds like a gimmick but it somewhat makes sense so I'm curious about it
>>
>>47783
Gonna read the study first, and not right now.
>>
>>47859
P.S. Oh and thanks for the tip man, gonna be interesting and maybe even helpful!
>>
>>47455
Please quick rundown, how does world cup stage thing work? I'm completely new to competitive bouldering
>>
>>46080
I'm exactly the same actually, feel the same sorta.
Plenty of the top climbers in Norway are at or over our height so don't let that hold you back.
>>
>>48131
yearly there are about a half a dozen international bouldering competitions organised by the IFSC called world cups at each competition the climbers who qualify are given points based on their outcome and then at the end of the season the person with the most points wins overall.
There is also a world championship competition every couple of years.
>>
File: orimirin.jpg (82 KB, 594x720)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
anyone hype for tonight?
>>
the tendonitis got so bad, I couldn't even fall asleep.
Strapping it helps, but I cannot do it for too long because my whole forearm goes purple
>>
Any recommendations for first boulder pads. Reddit seems to cum instantly over organic thick big pad, is this really the best or are there viable alternatives. Cost doesn't matter.
>>
>>48804
the boulders in this WC were total trash
>>
>>48922
They are since they're the most durable, and when you crush out the foam,you can just replace it instead of the whole pad. That being said, they have a bit of a break-in period. Personally, it's what I use.
>>
>>39165
Surfing and trail running
>>
File: narrow foot width.png (10 KB, 400x400)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
Anyone with narrow feet know the best moderate/agressive shoe to get?

right now I'm in the V5-V6 range for bouldering was using the scarpa arpia in a size 42. Today I tried on a pair of la sportiva Otaki in a 41 and felt the heel was a little loose, sizing down felt too constrictive on my toes and achilles tendon. should I just get them smaller and wear them in?

Im also open to women's shoes
>>
>>47783
I'm gonna try a program with longer hangs and shorter rests but less body weight. The study says nothing about short strain followed by long rest, like in the video's 10-50x10. Trying 30-30x10. After all, the study says "10 minutes of activity," not "100 seconds of activity and 500 seconds of rest." So 300-300 in total seems a lot closer to the study's recommendations, unless I'm completely misunderstanding its conclusion and recommendation. The most ideal way might be 10m of constant activity, no rest at all, if I understand it correctly.
That's assuming the study isn't flawed, and that my interpretation of it isn't flawed.
>>
File: tippytoes.jpg (419 KB, 752x2000)
419 KB
419 KB JPG
>>
>>48922
metolius trifold

big, thick and you can maneuver the 3 panels better than just 2 panels on organic pads. also you can get a small pad and shove it into the back of the trifold flap area and easily carry 2 pads per person. cheaper than organic.
>>
>>49203
try out the la sportiva theory, extremely comfortable for a aggresive shoe, amazing rubber, great toe patch

easily the most sensitive shoe I have owned, more so than dragos. great for slab and anything with smears, good on pockets, ok at edging, great indoors.
>>
>>49258
That's chalk
>>
WHERE THE *FUCK* IS THE FOOTAGE FROM RETURN OF THE SLEEPWALKER 9A, DANIEL WOODS

YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE FOOTAGE
>>
>>49318
check the filename
>>
>>45510
I follow the flexibility-based yoga routines by some YouTuber called Cat Meffan. They're pretty comprehensive and yoga always makes you feel good
>>
>>49261
>soft rubber is great for slab
Am I missing something or is this terrible advice ?
>>
Was outdoor bouldering and hurt my hand pretty bad. Now my A2 pulley on my ring finger is sore too.. been 7 weeks. FML
>>
>>49506
been having the same issue... stretching with a stress ball helps
>>
>>49506
I'm fairly sure full blown rest is bad (inefficient) for healing tendons
>>
>>49484
depends on the type of slab, its great for friction slab, ok for edgy slab
>>
>no upper body strength
>start bouldering gym on monday
how fucked am I
>>
>>49823
Not fucked at all. Blessed is the weak boulderer, for he learns how to use his feet before his stronger friends
>>
so to boulder outside what do I need to know? Just bring a mat and a friend and youre good or like do I take a class
>>
>>49925
just find a rock and climb it, that's it
>>
>>49925
Classes probably help, me and a friend haven't taken any kind of instruction and we fucking suck.
>>
>>49925
just go. use mountain project to find rocks or buy a guide. you can often find beta on YouTube if you want.
>>
im going sport climbing tmo :))
>>
Your favourite climbing channel? For me it's Wide Boyz.
>>
>>49925
You didn't need a class when you were climbing stuff as a child. Atleast we used to roam the local forest and climb on anything. A lot of it is instinctive.
>>
>>38932
Women hate men with their hobbies. It's a curse. I have terrible luck with my own kind, but I've had all sorts of unrelatable thots.
>>
>>48811
Have you tried easy fingerboarding?
As in not putting your full weight on your fingers, but some of it and over like 30 sec or something, many times a week. Might just be for finger injuries, but worth a google. Seen more and more about this lately
>>
>>38707
>hand jams meme
wideboyz would like a word with you anon.
>>
>>40230
Started bouldering in november and flashed my first 6a and managed to power through a 6b+ this weekend. Felt pretty fucking amazing.
Thinking about taking a short break though. The tendos in my right hand are hurting more and more each session and I can barely do any slabs. Did I go to hard too fast? Anyone got any tips for that?
>>
>>43176
173 here
Gotta embrace the chimp and get dynamic. It sounds retarded but just look at Tomoa. Fucker got so efficient in his dynamic movement, that he is using the momentum from a dynamic move to start right into the next one at barely any energy cost.
Just pick a decently hard boulder you can decently do and elimante holds in a way that it forces to really use swings and dynamic movement.
>>
>>49823
>>49834
omfg It was so fucking amazing
greentexting because yes
>be me
>arrive at the bouldering gym
>"so i talked to this guy to join this week..."
>"ah you mean X? He is not here yet, wait for him"
>gotta wait
>It's full of kids everywhere and there is this buffed guy babysiting them and teaching a few how to climb
>X arrives
>"yeah dude you need climbing shoes... rent them for a few days. A lot of people buy new shoes and drop climbing after a few days"
>surewhynot.jpg
>while I was putting on the shoes this girl arrives
>9/10, light-colored eyes, long hair, fit as fuck
>I just keep waiting because I dont know what todo
>X comes again
>"Let's warm up"
>"What should I do?"
>"just climb bro"
>"ohh... thanks"
>no fucking idea what to do
>cutie starts walking in my direction
>wtf
>"Here!, take some of this so you can climb better"
It's liquid chalk but at the moment I didn't knwo what It was so I was like ???
>I just keep looking at it and say yes!
>"Take some!"
>I a take little bit with my finger and say yes!
>"that's not enough"
>she takes a lot with her finger and spreads it on my hand
I unironically think this was the first time in a few years that a cute girl touches me or does something nice for me
>"haha thanks"
>after that I try climbing a little bit but I had no idea what I was doing
>x comes from fucking no where agian
>"Yooooo, It's time! let's go!"
>I follow him to the other room
>cute girl is there
>It turns up me and the cute girl are the only ones on the 4pm class because It's hot outside and people don't start coming until 8pm
>"so todays routine is pullups, dead hang and asnoidoasod"
>motheffucker explains the routine and then leaves
>Motherfucker explains the routine and then leaves!!
>It's only me and the cutie
>we start talking a little bit
>She has being climbing/bouldering for 3 years
>times flies x comes and sends me back with the kifds because in the room that we were there were only hard routes
I climbed there until my toes gave up
>>
>>39491
>inb4 lolgay

Ballet, the leg raises work your hips like nothing else, plus the flexibility and mobility you gain will help the rest of your climbing.
>>
File: 1522424109371.png (105 KB, 353x389)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
>>50357
The cute girl was probably being nice because she alone in that class.
Man, climbing Is not that hard but my toes were killing me, there were places that I had to stand on my big toe and It hurt so bad.
also fuck that personal trainer "Yeaahhh dude, you gotta do the red route" "Yeah there! put your foot on the red one! and your hand on the red one!"
This shit is dead so no shame for blogposting
Bouldering is fun.
>>
>>43879
Climbing shoes are deliberately downsized, and the sizing of European manufacturers usually represents this.

it's the fit that matters anyway, try a few different makers, there's no "superior" climbing brand.

except maybe 5.10, dat stealth rubber.
>>
File: unknown.png (1.08 MB, 1109x741)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>50360
kek your enthusiasm is intoxicating.

I think shoes you can rent are often quite soft and flat so when you stand on a small foot hold all the weight goes through your toe instead of being redistributed over your whole foot. If you buy your own shoes you will probably find it easier to step on the small holds, your toes will hurt even worse though until you get used to wearing climbing shoes.
>>
Can't go tonight because I had my vaccine and fuck my arm hurts. Damn it.
>>
>>49925
>class
definitely not for bouldering, get a pad and a guide book and go hunt some ez lines
>>
File: 1614495596469.png (680 KB, 771x723)
680 KB
680 KB PNG
>>38676
>>47455
>>48804
>>50613
>first time in this board to learn a bit more about bouldering
>now in love with a pro climber woman I'll probably never meet
Thanks for nothing morons
>>
>>42019
imagine falling onto that bike
>>
File: slc3.jpg (75 KB, 635x828)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>50704
kek those are all me.
I wonder what happened to the Julia Chanourdie poster
>>
>>50713
Idk about that Julia Chanourde gal, I love Oriane now and you better know how to get in touch with her or I'm gonna lose my cool
>>
File: unknown.png (99 KB, 1028x307)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
>>50715
don't try and talk to her and stop posting during IFSC streams you are upsetting people.
>>
File: unknown (1).png (347 KB, 383x671)
347 KB
347 KB PNG
>>50717
read the text though
>they should have a cum bag rather than a chalk bag
>>
File: Zrgz3Cv.jpg (178 KB, 798x770)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
>>50716
>men are flooding the chat with comments about how they should have a cum bag rather than a chalk bag
>if you say anything they'll swear at you if you're lucky and threaten you if you're not
>>
>>39165
Powerlifting, golf, lead and bouldering
>>
>>50716
>how they should have a cum bag rather than a chalk bag
On one hand that's hilarious, on the other I respect the hell out of these women and these coomers should be euthanized.
>>
I'm sure /bog/ gets this question alot but how do I get over the V4/V5 hurdle? The V4s I see at my gym all feel like just knowing what you are supposed to do but I still only have 4 V4's under my belt and no V5s.
>>
>>50936
I just recently overcame that hurdle and to be honest it was a mix of projecting, improving hip flexibility, foot/hip technique, hangboard training and pure retarded grit.
I also got into conversations with better climbers as I was going along which helped alot. Most gave pretty good advice without spoiling the crux
>>
>>50936
>>50995
I thought the technique was just climb, bro with a little bit of git gud.
>>
I fell and now my stomach hurts
am I gonna die?
>>
>>51215
It's possible.
>>
>>50936

Climb slower on the easier routes. It forces you to be more efficient with your technique and improves lock-off skills. Also try reversing the route slowly.
>>
im going to the glen tmo
>>
Newfag here.
All of the gyms are closed down because of covid, but there's a free outdoor bouldering wall near me that I've gone to a couple of times. It's a lot of fun, but I can't do anything more than the absolute most basic boulders (problems?) and I'm blaming it at least partly on not having proper climbing shoes or chalk.

What are some good shoes? Or should I just wait until the gyms reopen and use rental shoes for a while until I decide what I want?
>>
bros I can't wait to go back to campus and start doing this
>>
>>51350
Get shoes that fit the best. Check internet for recommended shoes for your toe-profile. Probably takes few iterations until you find actually good fit.

I'd recommend softer shoes as I find it easier to climb when I can actually feel the holds under my feet.

I prefer Scarpa SR and VSRs. Few friends use Scarpa VSRs, 5.10 Anasazi VCS, La sportiva Solution, Skwama and Theory. All are good shoes but the good fit is most important. I tried e.g. solutions and they were just awful (for me) because of bad fit.
>>
>>51365
Thanks, I'll check those out.
I'm guessing I'll be getting the widest toe profile they have, because my feet are so flat that my arches touch the ground.
>>
>>50704
She's underage by the way
>>
>>50716
>a sub for women and NON-BINARY climbers and their ALLIES
I just want to climb
>>
>>50936
>The V4s I see at my gym
spoiler alert: gyms also grade lower than outside
>>
Is there any other sport that being less comfortable (the fucking small shoes) makes you perform better?
>>
>>51350
I bought climbing shoes almost immediately. I pretty much knew this was my sport, and it's only a $100 investment roughly. I like Defy. Not aggressive, but I doubt my shoes are what's holding me back.

Chalk shouldn't matter that much are your level (wild ass guess), but again, it's only $5-10.
>>
>>51372
Too bad.
>>
I just bought 1kg of Bergfreunde chalk, literally a whole fucking bucket, for €19, can't wait to see what kind of shitty ass chalk it is that goes that cheaply.
>>
>>51376
cycling, i think
>hard and tiny saddle makes it eat into ur taint and make ur groin go numb (can eventually cause ED)
>low leaning upper body just really uncomfortable for a number of reasons
Im not that into it, but these are my experiences
>>
>>51405
Yeah, I think I'll buy shoes pretty much straight away. I'll just try one or two sessions in the gym first.
The shoes are such a tiny expense compared to the club membership that I don't see any reason not to get a good pair straight out of the gate.
>>
>>51470
I wouldn't buy top of the notch bouldering shoes that are really aggressive like theory just yet and go for slightly more comfortable ones to get used to the sensation for a bit
Also read about resoling so that you don't waste money ruining your first pair like I did
For the exact shoes it depends on the shape of your feet but I'd probably go for somewhat rigid rubber on a slightly downturned pair so that it stays technical but you won't put too much pressure on your big toe (I have wide feets and regularly aligned toes and I really like my scarpa vapor which is all of the above)
As for the climbing shoes I see the most they are the Tarantulace (a bit of a meme among climber since they are most known beginner shoes), Scarpa Instinct (High end stuff that's used in world cups, probably my next pair), I've seen a lot of Red Chili Session at my gym for some reason and lastly the Cobra has a really good quality/price ratio
>>51405
When I started chalk was absolutely crucial since I was sweating a lot actually, brushing is also a really underrated aspect (tho I don't think that one really matter on beginner stuff) maybe you can grab >>51447's bucket of garbage once he's done with it lol
>>
>>51533
>Tarantulace
Meme or not they're comfy as. Practice with a pair for long enough and you'll notice the difference when you upgrade to something more toed down. I still wear mine regularly.
>>
>>51462
sorry about your ED
>>
>>51572
kek'd
>>
damn i had such a great bouldering day yesterday /bog/. slept most of today. I'm shaking the rust off and sent an outdoor v3 and a bunch of other v-funs.
>>
I just tried bouldering at a local gym for the first time and managed a V4, how do I continue? should I get shitty boots? The rental price adds up...
>>
>>52037
Anon https://youtu.be/IfKDKVlHEfc?t=922 this is a video of a national class gymnasts (the sport with by far the closest skill set to climbing) with top of the notch climbing shoes getting his ass kicked by a V4
So chances are you're either you're a world class gymnast or found a seriously soft V4 in which case I wouldn't recommend you get too fixated on going up in grades because that's how you end up doing nothing but max bouldering on a single style instead of applying a proper training program
For shoes recommendation there have been plenty in the thread like >>51533 for example
Your budget obviously depends on how invested you think you'll be in the sport but I wouldn't recommend buying below the 80 bucks price range so you can train proper footwork from the start (which you can't with the garbage rubber of rental/lowest price shoes)
>>
>>52070
>or found a seriously soft V4
Not him, but yeah it varies so much between gyms. In the same city, in two gyms owned and run by the same company, I can consistently do V4 in one but consistently get my ass beat by V4 in the other.
>>
>>52070
Thank you for the advice, I absolutely acknowledge that I'm a shitter. There were V3s in that gym that were harder. I would have gotten shitty boots so thank you for that advice
>>
>>39399
No, this is.
>>
>>52137
You're not a shitter, you're a beginner, very different things.
>>
>>43879
I got a pair of testarossas one size down from my beginner tarantulaces and man it was a painful week of breaking them in to the point I thought I just should return them, but I was lazy and didn't want to ship them back and now they are still tight but not painful.
>>
What are the best beginner drills etc for fastest progression?
Following just climb mantra ends with me max bouldering till I die. Are there more specific programs I can base a session around?
>>
>>52918
Train the shit you suck the most at.
>>
>>52918
4x4s or going really slow on routes that a bit below your limit so you find the best beta
>>
>>52918
Climbing easy routes really slow, lock off training, and avoid full crimps.

If any of those feel easy, make them harder. More overhang, smaller holds.
>>
Did anyone manage to make their climbing shoes not smell like toxic death ?
I tried those banana filled with sodium bicarbonate, sodium bicarbonate straight in the shoes and even washing the inside with soap and water but nothing really worked
>>
>>53084
Mine smell fine and always have

I have heard that certain brands (evolv, mad rock) smell more than others. My sportivas never smell
>>
>>53084
wear socks when climbing, climbing gyms are dirty and you sweat a lot wearing climbing shoes
others will try to make fun of you, but it doesn't really make a difference when climbing and your shoes will be full of holes before they start to smell
>>
Anyone ever climb in Cancun/near Cancun? I need some recommendations. Might be able to go bouldering down there sometime in the near future
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoEeHwd5GTs

IT''S UP
RETURN OF THE SLEEPWALKER 9A
>>
>basedcuck manlet waits outside the bathroom to tell me off for not taking off my shoes - all in front of the cuties at the front desk

went straight home crying
>>
>>53354
Except he's right you disgusting fuck
>>
>>53378
>posts on 4chin
>>
>>53354
>tell me off for not taking off my shoes
Wait what? Why would he care?

At my gym though they've installed some fucking carpet, and keeps whining at people who aren't using socks or something like that when walking on it. No idea what they were thinking when they designed a climbing gym where you can't be bare feet
>>
>>53425
>toilet floor unsanitary
>walk on it with climbing shoes
>stand on holds with unsanitary shoes
>others use the hold after
>>
File: 1562007660991.png (75 KB, 500x430)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
>blisters on my left hand
>can't jerk off
I guess I'm a nofapfag now
>>
>>53460
Your right?
>>
>>53462
I can't
It feels weird
>>
>>53466
That is the feeling of adaptation. Show your determination.
>>
File: 1606692156544.jpg (25 KB, 600x550)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>38685
>>
>>53467
easier said than done m8.

Either way, what are the best ways to get into outdoor bouldering? Is it alright to parasite without a mat? I'm likely getting one anyways but I'm thinking of finding a group first to try outdoor.
>>
>>53430
this. I regularly shit on the floor in my gym's bathroom and I would be absolutely disgusted if I saw someone walk out in climbing shoes.
>>
>>53479
I thought I was the only one.
>>
>>53479
>This post brought to you by Autism Inc.
>>
That's it. I'm sick and fucking tired of my logarithmic developmentcurve. I've been 6C+ level for months now, time for change.

>Pullups every day
>"Raise legs upwards while hanging" every day
>Pushups every day
>Situps every day
>I'll get one of those beastmakers
>While wasting away life at computer, I'll squeeze wristtrainer
>1 hardcore progression set per week
>1 hardcore mass-route set per week
>Cardio on rest of the days of the weeks to approach that succulent 2% bodyfat
>No more dinners, only PBO before gym + breakfast and lunch
>>
>>53521
>>No more dinners
Nigga what? Eat your meals.
>>
>>53521
This reads like Jocko posting, if it isn't then read training for climbing because you sound clueless
>>
>>53521
How about working on your hip and general flexibility? Or dunno, maybe improve your foot technique?
>>
>>53460
>still having the strength in your hands to hold onto a penis after climbing
you are not going to make it
>>
>>53549
>Not jerking off your gym's crusher at the end of every session for prime beta solving juice
You just outed yourself as a gumby bro I'm sorry
>>
>>53521
are you that fucker who just came to the gym and did exercises in climbing shoes then left
>>
File: grip.jpg (108 KB, 1316x1132)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
Should I get a kit like this one?. I don't know if It's ok or It's retarded/useless shit.
I was thinking of getting a hangboard and a kit like this for recovery days.
>>
>>53521
you could just climb more lol, get your ass on the moonboard or a spray wall with small holds and it will be 100% more effective than your mish mash of a plan
>>
>>53578
get the hangboard and leave the kit, grippers are 99% useless for climbing. you are using primarily isometric contractions in your hands when you climb, so train that (hangboarding)
>>
File: 1605718228159.jpg (44 KB, 986x434)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
who can stop her?
>>
>>53712
>Result: TOP
ok, I see she is 1st, but I would like to see how much lead she has
>>
>>53578
get a finger board, and a pinch block
>>
>>53732
literally no one she is the GOAT
>>
File: E40DgqBXMAQd4vq.jpg (125 KB, 1528x856)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
Fuck does anyone know where I can watch the bouldering semi-finals? I had not finished watching when they pulled the video, also I want to know what people are complaining about.
>>
Ah I found a stream, the replay is still up on olympics com
>>
File: faber.webm (2.7 MB, 1920x1080)
2.7 MB
2.7 MB WEBM
top kek
>>
State's in lockdown bros .. guess I just have to climb trees for a few weeks..
>>
>>53851
>tfw will never leave your larger handprint there
>>
>>53851
Nice camera man
>>
>>53860
lucky you. When we were in lockdown, we couldn't go to a park
>>
>>53860
Look if there is no club/association with outdoor climbing infrastructure you may get surprised
If there is none look if you're allowed to practice sports with the proper medical certificate
If you can't look for outdoor climbing groups on social media
If there is none maybe there is a based gym owner that opens the gym in secret
If there is none of the above I guess you can try finding walls of bricks to traverse and get a hangboard to maintain your level
>>
Local bouldering gym smells really bad, are all of them like that? I had fun, but would much prefer being by myself, would I be able to start outdoor climbing alone? Given that I will hire a coach at first of course, but is it still recommended to practice the techniques in the bouldering gyms first?
>>
>>52184
I wish I was that rock
>>
>>51376
MotoGP
The riding position on modern street bikes is unbelievably uncomfortable for medium to long rides, but since it's faster around the track everybody wants clip on bars. It looks cooler too and you get used to it to a degree but I still prefer a more standard position if I'm riding over 15-20 miles
>>
>go outdoors for the first time
>fail every v0 in the area
>if these were indoors they'd be v4-v5 in my australian gym
how are you supposed to get better outdoors if everything is like this
>>
>>53978
Don't worry about the grades friend. You will get used to the style eventually. Going with experienced outdoor climbers also helps a ton
>>
rock climbing looks fun, would love to get more into it
>>
>>53962
I bought an old crash pad from a friend and for two years now I've mostly bouldered outside alone.

>>53978
Outdoor lines have much more variation than gym lines, atleast where I live. Stone quality, general shape of the wall/boulder etc. I think how well you do outside is much more affected by wether the style of climbing the line needs suits you or not. I often run into the same problem which is that who ever created the line was obiously a short person who came up with a ridiculous sit start that is magnitudes harder move than the rest of the line for a person of normal height.
>>
>>53851
pogchamp
>>
>>54054
Kill yourself.
>>
>>54060
This isn't very poggers of you anon :(
>>
>>39491
Update :
I definitely got more flexible and way better at high stepping fairly quickly and that made climbing a lot more enjoyable
The problem is that I now have pain in the left hip flexor that appears whenever I raise my knee above waist level which tends to really manifest in the second half of a climbing session and that has lasted for maybe 2 weeks now please send help
>>
>>54084
I should mention that it was >>39535 suggestion that improved my high stepping mobility, if you're still there thanks man
>>
>>46080
6'2/210 isn't fat
>>
>>50357
WAGMI
>>
>>54085
you're welcome. As for >>54084 you could be simply just overusing it. Another cause could be your bad posture. Stretch out your hip flexors, and strengthen your core.
>>
>>50357
What sort of climbing gym doesn't have an induction and safety tour?
>>
>>50360
>there were places that I had to stand on my big toe
yeah, there is going to be a lot of that
>>
>>54084
I've been working on side and front splits to help my leg mobility and now I'm just in a state of perpetual pain. I'm sure it'll be worth it ...
>>
CANADABROS. WHERE ARE YOU CLIMBING ON YOUR DAY OFF TOMORROW.
>>
>>53570
>not channeling into semen retention powers to sen your projects
>>
smashed my left hand on a hold today; think my extensor tendon was hurt because if I straighten my finger I can feel a very slight amount of pain but it might just because the scrapes on my skin. can i climb after a week of healing or should I wait a month?
>>
>>54968
see how you feel after healing. I have no idea how you injured yourself
>>
>>54968
GO TO THE VET I mean, go see a physical therapist or whatever they're called, never ever ask /bog/danovs about something as important as tendon injuries.
>>
File: 1615069248575.jpg (58 KB, 1080x799)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
to the /bog/dan who made pic relate
I saved it, and I want to see more
>>
>>51372
then stop going to leddit and climb breh
>>
is there a notable difference in quality between secret stuff liquid chalk and the fire team fit liquid chalk? the former is SUPER expensive and i find that between me and my bf (he has really sweaty hands) we end blowing through them quick. the fire team fit chalk is cheaper but i dont want him to get extra flappers bc he already gets them a lot
>>
>>55139
I don't use liquid
>>
>>55139
I just buy those cheap chalk blocks and crumble them into a sock. If you need something better, you might as well apply superglue to your hands.
>>
>>44789
Trad climbers are busters
>>
>>45279
4 - 5 times a week

6 - 12 second hangs 5 - 6 times 2 minute rest {20mm}

14- 20 sec 3 times on next hold 1 min rest {25 mm}

Hang on jug or pullup bar for as lon as possable {30 seconds plus}

Get some whey proteine and vitamine c
>>
>>47044
Kill yourself
>>
>>48922
Madrock and metolious are kewl
>>
>flash V5/5.12a outside
>know how to trad and has rack
>regularly organize outdoor trips
>cant get climber gf
>qt female friends dont invite me on their trips
Should I kms, or hangboard more?
>>
>>55167
Hangboarding is love, hangboarding is life. Chicks dig men with indestructible fingers. We're all gonna make it.
>>
>>55167
Qt female climbers enjoy banter anon. Can you into banter or are you a braindead rock autist?
There is only one right answer to this.
>>
>>55167
Could it be that girls don't care about your climbing, and they just don't like you as a person?
>>
AS SOON AS GYMS OPEN I AGAIN I AM GOING TO GO 7 TIMES A WEEK AND CLIMB UNTIL I FUCKING DIE AND LET ALL OTHER ASPECTS OF MY LIFE SLOWLY BREAKDOWN FUCK YOU YOU CANT STOP ME ILL BE CLIMBING V12 WITH NO JOB FRIENDS OR FAMILY WITHIN THE YEAR AND I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT IM SO FUCKING ERECT
>>
>>55167
Have you tried being handsome? I find that works for me the best.
>>
>>55213
>getting injured on the first week of gyms opening
>>
>>55157
you good man? trouble at home?
>>
Tomoa Narasaki will win the Olympics, he's great at all three disciplines and they're adding all the scores together this year.
>>
>>55231
YOU ARE PATHETIC AND WEEK I WILL CLIMB OVER YOUR DICK AND BALLS TO SEND
>>
>>55276
Kek, Ondra is gonna get fucked. Same with Megos.
>>
>>55108
Sorry /bog/ged bro but I stole it
>>
>>55276
>three disciplines and they're adding all the scores together this year.
they should add parkour and ninja warrior to it too to make it 5... seriously I dislike how the climbing scene has changed
>>
>>55276
They're not adding the scores; they're multiplying the placements and the lowest result wins. This is slightly different than adding because it rewards high placements in individual categories vs. good average placements.

for example:
>2 in bouldering, 2 in sport, 3 in speed = 12 points (7 sum)
>3 in bouldering, 4 in sport, 1 in speed = 12 points (8 sum)
>5 in bouldering, 1 in sport, 2 in speed = 10 points (8 sum)

If the points were summed, the first person would win. With multiplied scores, the third person wins. You can afford to bomb one category if you get 1st in another.
>>
>>55431
Well what would that mean for say Ondra. If he places something like 1st or 2nd in lead and boulder but doesn't even make single digit rank in speed. He'd still get cucked by an average placing guy, wouldn't he?
>>
>>55407
It's just for this Olympics as far as I understand, they wanted to introduce the sports without adding too many new medals. I read somewhere that the idea for the next Olympics is lead + boulder as one combined medal, and speed as a separate thing.
>>
>>55462
Ondra would still do very well. I think my previous example undersells the significance of multiplying scores vs adding. Here's a situation like the one you're talking about:

>Ondra: 2B; 1L; 13S = 26
>Anon: 3B; 3L; 3S = 27

So Ondra could place 13th in speed and still beat someone who placed 3rd in each discipline. A first-place position is absolutely crucial to scoring well.
>>
Abraded my fingers pretty badly yesterday but want to climb again today. Do I put bandaids on my fingers to cope?
>>
>>55527
Skip few days and just deal with the withdrawal. Prolonging injuries is not worth it.
>>
>>55477
>lead and bouldering will be one event while speed while have its own thing
Good morning I hate speed climbers
>>
>>55603
What a coincidence, I also hate speed climbers.
>>
>>55519
True. I didn't bother to actually run the numbers. It'll still be fun seeing him do it with absolute spite and hate.
>>
>>39399
Same as the ideal female body in general: a 16 years old male.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXyc3DdRnns

Hooper's Beta has some really good content.
>>
How the fuck do I toe hook properly?
I fucking suck at toe hooking but the project I'm working on has this really strange hook that is quite mandatory to be able to send.
Pic related, that's my project
>>
>>55819
the photo has a heel hook
>>
>>55819
A big part of it is the shoe obviously, something really tight with rubber on the top part (I really like using the Theory for heel hook stuff)
For the technique it's mostly just about keeping a straight leg under tension, really focusing on pulling your hip into your core and flexing your ankle
I also like to aim for the toe joints and not the tip of the toe for a shorter lever, you know really getting that feet as deep as you can before putting everything into tension
Lastly I wouldn't trust my senses too much, many times I've had toe hooks that felt really sketchy yet held on amazingly well
>>
>>55828
Thanks for the tips, my senses are always telling me that I'm gonna fall for EVERY toe hook, I'll try not listening to them.
I'm currently using Scarpa Instinct VSR and there is a fair amount of rubber on the toe, my problem is probably that I'm not placing the toe in the right way, I'll try keeping the leg straight and going for the toe joints.
If I'll send that this night because of your advices I'll ship you a dozen of beers
>>
File: thor heel hook.jpg (36 KB, 750x500)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>55827
you cannot see the toe hook cause it's behind my ass.
That's the crux section of the boulder:
heel hook right, immediately toe hook left to stop the swing, move the left toe hook to the left, heel hook right close to my right hand, move my right hand up, move the left hand up 2 times, control the barn door and then other 3 moves and topout.

In the picture I was trying with different shoes and different beta but the position of the left feet is that one
>>
>>55819
>>55834
it's hard to judge a problem from just photos, but it looks to me like if you bent you right leg on that heel hook, really pulling with your hamstring, you could extend your left leg, which should make the toe hook better. Of course I have no idea how good that heel is, awkward angle might just make my tip pointless.
>>
>>55832
kek gl bro keep us updated
>Scarpa Instinct
Yeah those definitely won't hold you back so long as they are tight enough
>>
got golfer's/climbers elbow, what do? I've got physio in like 2 weeks but I want to get back soon. watched a Lattice Training video on YT but they didn't outline any specific recovery plans.
>>
>>56013
first off
https://youtu.be/aUj5fwLJ5-s

second
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaLFC1pG_OI
>>
>>56096
>>56013
I'm also just going to throw this link to the mix https://www.youtube.com/c/HoopersBeta/search?query=elbow
>>
>>56096
>>56102
thank you based Hooper
it's definitely not neural tension and the causes for climber's elbow match way better (long and hard sessions, frequent sessions, repeated movements)
Hooper basically said to strengthen the muscles or take a break. Alternatively I found these stretches in this vid and they seem promising: https://youtu.be/5bPes4jUWok
>>
>>56187
Climber's elbow is just tendonitis. Happens to beginners all the time (especially in bouldering), and while stretches after session definitely help, one of the main causes is that you're not working your push muscles. Climbers overuse their pulling muscles, causing imbalances.

The treatment for climbers elbow is the same for any mild tendonitis - low weight high reps of simple movements. What helped me was doing 3 sets of 20 reps using 5lb dumbbell curls, then doing 2 sets of 20 pushups after each climbing session. Pain takes about 3 weeks to go away.
>>
does anyone have a pepe (or an apu) doing bouldering?
>>
>>56488
only >>55108
>>
>tfw doing quiet feet drills in the gym
>redditor overhears me explaining it to my girlfriend and tells me at my level I should 'just climb'
Can you faggots just for one second shut the fuck up?
>>
>>56561
That was me.
>>
>>56561
I'm really glad that all of the 4 gyms in my area have zero people like that. At most I have friendly conversations with people projecting or having projected the same bloc, acknowledging neat moves or motivating people to go harder. It's suprisingly chill desu.

Also the quiet feet drills is based. I always do them at the end of my session on the 40 move circle traverse in my gym until I either die of the pump or my hands become mush. Ignore the faggots anon.
>>
>>56565
Based.
>>
Only done gym climbing so far but wanting to venture outside, would I be better off getting a crash pad or a rope and harness first?
>>
>>56636
bouldering for sure. the barrier to entry is much lower. to climb sport you'll need a rope, a harness, a belay device, quickdraws, locking carabiners, a belay partner, knowledge of how to belay, how to lead, how to set up and clean an anchor, and how to rappel. the last few can even get you killed if you don't know what you're doing.

bouldering you just need a crash pad and mountain project, and you'll have plenty of rock to keep you busy. eventually you should definitely try climbing sport/trad though.
>>
this thread has reached the bump limit and it's on page 8. time to start talking about a new thread.

things to consider:
>rename to climbing general or stay with bouldering general?
>how does this general contrast to the climbing general in /out/? >>>/out/2155031
>any links or FAQs that should be gathered into a pastebin?
>>
>>56659
I dunno. Just put a hot girl in the OP and everything else will sort itself out.
>>
I just got a crash pad and went bouldering outdoors for the first time. It was really nice to hear the wind in the forest and to be all alone instead of hearing pumping music and noisy poeple.
The climbing itself was really different, much more sketchy and tiny tiny holds, but amazing friction. The dopamine is so much better when you actually climb something. You dont just touch the final grip with two hands, you're on top of something, gives a much different and nice feeling.

Met a guy past one boulder on my way to some other boulders which i climbed on and said hi. Then he came by and we chatted a bit but i was done so I left. Now i feel bad that I didnt stay and climb with him, seems like that would've been better to do cuz i wanna meet climber people.

Anyways, buy a crash pad and go out! It's very worth it
>>
>>56902
>meeting people outside
Thank God for my secret outdoor routes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c15_0WiBoHE
great content as always
>>
I'm not sure anyone ever linked the new thread >>56909
>>
>>58041
Bring /bog/ back :(

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.