[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 96 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1598930434901.webm (840 KB, 640x640)
840 KB
840 KB WEBM
/judo/ or /jg/?

Links in the op? What would you guys like to see in the op?

other jacketed wrestling styles welcome

last thread >>24919
>>
so, you hambones think it's a good idea for me to move to japan for one year and dedicate myself to judo 6 days a week?
>>
>>34315
Do you have a goal in mind? That's a lot of fucking judo for an aimless beginner.
>>
>>34315
No, find a school near you.
>>
>>34332
because I want to own a gym and having a black belt in something is meaningful to customers. It's entirely for the purpose of building resume qualifications and this seems like the fastest way to get me where I want to be in my career
>>
>>34340
have you actually trained judo at all?
>>
>>34341
yes, well I signed up for judo 5 years ago but I only go a few times a year and have a yellow belt
but I also have a purple belt in the beejj
originally I didn't even want to do bjj and had signed up for judo, but I took some of the bjj classes there and I was having a lot more fun, just the atmosphere and the people I preferred so I ended up falling the fuck off with the judo
the main reason I wasn't going to judo is because I was trying really hard at the other thing for so many years and didn't feel like going all that often. Mostly I'd just show up for open mats on the weekend every once in a while when I wasn't feeling too tired from the other training, ya know?

but now that I'm good at jiujitsu I'm ready to put that on the back burner for a while and really go all in on judo
>>
>>34343
Are you American? If so, there's no money in judo. It's the reason the sport is dying here. If you want to start some kind of bjj school that drills a lot of judo takedowns there's probably a market for that. But that will also probably involve getting higher than a purple in beej.

If you're not American and you live in a country where judo is still important and the government funds it like France then your move is going to be getting involved with whatever bullshit Olympic organization. The politics sound like a nightmare, so good luck with that.

Your dream seems a bit pie in the sky right now desu. But doing a weird japanese judo journey is exactly the kind of thing to do when you're young so I say go for it.
>>
>>34356
I will have a black belt in bjj one day, maybe it could take another 4 years
but I look at it this way, if I become good at judo it will only make the bjj improve faster as I step on the mat with a depth of knowledge far beyond your average jiujitsu pleb

what I learned when I went to japan 2 years ago is everyone that does jiujitsu there is also able to throw people around in ways that people in the west simply can't
they aren't neglecting the takedown aspects the way everybody else does
maybe it's because they all did judo too growing up? all I know is I wasn't allowed to enter a tournament because I weighed 98kg and the next largest person was only 75kg, but meanwhile I was still getting thrown around by skinny middle aged men with long distance runner bodies during training
and my big american muscles and attacking like a gorilla and bullying people around like I normally do wasn't working at all and it felt like I was trying to get a grip on to a gust of wind
>>
Why is tai otoshi less popular than uchimata in competition?
>>
>>34380
local metas vary area to area. I think if i saw the last IJF stats international judo comps tend to trend toward uchimata being used more often but tai otoshi, is still in the top 5 with maki komi, seoi nage and various hip tosses/koshi waza rounding out the other most used throws.
>>
>>34406
I thought it was pretty much always, in terms of frequency seoi nage, then uchimata, then tai-o as a distant third.
>>
>>34365
You have the right idea, I also hope to someday open a dojo with a black belt in both Judo and BJJ

But life happens, your dream is the same as pretty much any blue belt. If you're independently wealthy and can take a career break go do it for fun, but otherwise just learn Judo in your home country for awhile, you have no guarantee that this plan of yours will ever pan out
>>
>>34610
>>34365
Not just that, but if you train in Japan as a adult, your only option is really the Kodokan, it's a lot like wrestling in the US, it's basically only in schools even though we have some of the best wrestlers in the world good luck finding a place to learn it as an adult.
>>
>>
>>34618
This is sort of true. The kodokan is really the only option for adult beginners. But there are plenty of judo clubs for shodan and above adults throughout Japan. Instruction is kind of non existent though. You basically show up, warm up how you wish, do your uchi komi, and then randori. The way judo classes are taught abroad tends to be how kids are taught in japan.

All that said, most foreigners are going to be staying in the Tokyo area and will only want to train at the kodokan anyway. If you're looking to get a lot of training in a short amount of time then the kodokan is your best option regardless. They have tons of classes going on all the time.
>>
How would judo fair as a grappling compliment to Muay Thai for someone interested in MMA? There’s no wrestling by me and staying on my feet is my primary goal.
>>
>>34739
Pretty good for standup, maybe not the best for ground game, maybe go to a 10th planet for ground game since what they are really focused on is BJJ for MMA, that is what Eddie developed it for.
Also don't think you can just choose not to learn the ground game, someone will take you down and you'll have some ground skills from Newaza but if they are pretty good you'll be outmatched because it's really just different.
>>
>>34739
If you enjoy and are interested in judo, sure. But if you just want to get better at MMA, train at an MMA gym. It's truly its own thing at this point
>>
We were doing some uchimata nagekomi today, and I actually managed a decent one and really felt the technique. What a cool throw; I'd like to get good at it.

t. white belt
>>
>>34695
there was a sweet milf working the kodokan gift shop
I kept going back there every few days and making up excuses to buy things just to talk to her
>>
What grips do you guys like? I'm currently trying to figure out what is most comfortable for me
>>
Is 7 years enough time for American judo to be worth a damn for LA 2028, or has the sun set since Kayla retired and we don't have any good juniors.
>>
>>34908
I don't know what any of that means, but I do know america will never have good judo unless it gets government subsidies like other countries so the athletes can make a living at it full time

which I'm of course against because fuck you I'm not paying taxes so people can play sports while I have to work for a living
come fix the pot holes!
>>
>>34910
>stinky Frenchmen can subsidize judo and fix the roads but Americans can't

Do burgers really?
>>
>>34910
Yeah man, we can't pay have taxes going to something like judo. Israel needs that money.
>>
>>34921
money shouldn't go to either of this things
infrastructure is the only acceptable use of tax dollars
>>
>>34922
In practice, Americans get neither. Making sports cheap and available could improve public health. Or at least reduce the number of fatties running around.
>>
>>34926
Yeah, thatose things are good, and so is infrastructure...too bad we all know that that's not where the money is going.
>>
>>34908
america probably has to import their talent
>>
>>34908
Yeah it's enough time, Travis Stevens, Jimmy Pedro, and Colton Brown are doing the Project 2024 thing and it may not have real Olympic results then, but there is a good chance it will in 2028.
>>
>>34982
America doesn't have the money to poach a Deguchi.
>>
>>34984
they will find it when the Olympics is hosted in their country
>>
I'm a BJJ fag and would like to do some Judo since we don't practice stand up that much. But then again it seems a bit useless since I know BJJ will be my main hobby and people can just pull guard if they know I'm better standing.
>>
>>35004
don't engage with guard pulls
like, just stand up and back up, and if the faggot has a problem with it and starts complaining you say "how about you take me down then instead of just laying down like you want me to fuck you?"
>>
>>34995
There's a 3 year period before an athlete can switch which country he represents. So USA Judo would have to poach someone in 2025 at the latest, when they'll be even more broke after likely failing to medal in 2020 and 2024. They can't even afford a full time coach now, even after getting two medals in 2016.
>>
>>35014
In competition I have to engage. If the other dude pulls guard I can't just break grips and back away. Plus getting away from good guard player is not that easy and might open you up for sweeps.
>>
>>35016
that's because you don't yet understand the intricacies of kumi kata
control that and punish him for putting his hand where you don't want it, he wont be pulling you down
if his hand goes anywhere you don't want it to be you rip it the fuck off with extreme prejudice. Really make his fingers hurt
>>
>>35004
>people can just pull guard if they know I'm better standing
sure, but that gives you initiative more than them. and that requires you to let them pull in a useful way. if you can be aggressive, you can make their guard pull sub-optimal, and make passing easier. in training, most people at my gym are happy to start standing (until maybe several rounds in when everyone is exhausted).
>>
File: bulgarian-bag.jpg (61 KB, 1200x884)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
Is a Bulgarian bag a useful training tool to have around the house?

How does it compare to a kettlebell or grappling dummy?
>>
If I want to focus on three techniques to be more successful in randori and competition, would o-uchi, uchimata, and sasae be a good trio? They seem like they would be synergistic.
>>
Any interesting stretching routine to do everyday?
>>
>>35056
Whatever techniques you feel love towards. It's a plus that you can combo them
>>
>>35079
I feel like I can hit o-uchi from more angles than o-soto.

I want to work on a sticky-foot harai-tsurikomi-ashi, but I've had more success landing sasae.

I started out as a drop-seoi guy, but my knees were kinda banged up before I got into judo, so I want to switch to a turn throw that is less stressful. And uchimata feels smoother than tai-otoshi.
>>
>can't throw anybody unless I drop
Anytime I try to throw people with the non-dropping version they just don't fly. Do I need to pull harder or something?
>>
>>35049
They're ok, but there's better things to use out there for strength and conditioning. I use to use them quite a lot, but honestly, I get better results from kettlebells and a heavy sandbag.

I think they're mostly just a meme at this point, a few grapplers have made videos of themselves training with them and now everyone wants them.
>>
>>35069
Just follow a very basic yoga progression that focuses on any areas that you need to work on, no need to get too fancy with it.

>>35126
Probably need all around better kuzushi.
>>
>>35126
In randori or just nagekomi? If it's randori you need to get them to walk into your throws. It's not just a matter of "pulling harder", that will never work. It's a combination of grip fighting, footwork, combination attacks and quick ashi waza to off-balance and distract them. It sounds hard because it is, this is the point where you need to start learning "real" Judo.

If you can't even throw in nagekomi you're either a noob or extremely uncoordinated so you need an experienced third party watching you and telling you the big mistakes you're making
>>
>>35049
I think they're useful, but they're also pretty expensive so you would get more bang for your buck out of something like a kettlebell.
>>
>>35350
Mainly just randori. I can throw in nagekomi.
I throw-frauded myself and have just been relying on drops and makikomis for my turning throws.
>>
>>35411
Yep you're not the first to do that, and you won't be the last. Beginner-intermediate, around 4/3 kyu love to do that shit because it actually works, and it's easier than real Judo because your own body weight substitutes for the hard stuff like kuzushi and timing. You need to stop doing drop/makikomi throws entirely for awhile. Once you have a better understanding of Judo as a whole you can add them back in. I used to do a bit too much drop seioi and sumi gaeshi back around 2017. After knee surgery I had to wake up and fix my game, I've never gone back to knee-drop throws but now that I can threaten a good osoto I've recently re-added sumi gaeshi and it works 10x better than before because I have legitimate other threats to combo with.

How long have you practiced Judo? What is your size/weight/athleticism like?
>>
yo what's a good gym near St Louis, I want to be able to do something other than spam Osoto Gari
>>
you guys think we are going to see more no gi judo as time goes on?
>>
>>35483
you r abnsolitely worng!!!
>>
File: 1615161140992.webm (2.54 MB, 1000x562)
2.54 MB
2.54 MB WEBM
>>
>>35483
I don't think there's anything spectacular in STL but the guys at White Dragon were chill when I visited them for a summer
>>
>>35522
Not really. Wrestling is already an olympic sport.
>>
>>35524
nog maintains he was winning that fight on the score cards before the DQ happened so he would've won regardless
the biggest cope in history
>>
What strength exercises are the best for judo?

I would think that squats, power cleans, and explosive rows are good, and maybe floor presses as a slightly oddball one.
>>
>>35741
According to shintaro higashi. Deadlifts are the most important.
>>
>>35525
oh I actually know Glen. Thanks for the recommendation.
>>
>>35524
Ah yes Peyter "Invincible helmet guard" Yan
>>
>>35802
Glen is superb! American Judo is such a small world. Most of the folks at white dragon are getting too old/large to move properly but he keeps it going
>>
>>35741
>>35759
Travis Stevens says, I can deadlift someone in my weight class and I don't care about the rest. He's right, but I would do some general strength building exercises all around the body for injury prevention. Don't overdo it and injure yourself chasing a PR
>>
>>35741
Trap bar deadlifts, squats, pulling exercises from all angles. Dumbbell cheat rows are brilliant too.
>>
>>35524
Not a judo guy. In MMA where everyone is shirtless like this, is there any actual difference between judo techniques and wrestling takedowns?
>>
>biggest school in my city is extremely focused on kids
is it even worth trying it when it's like this?
>>
>>36118
Not really. A throw is a throw no matter what art you've learned it from.
>>
>>35526
I thought it was canceled because too much corruption or something
>>
>>36192
low view count / attendance was the official reason
>>
>>36192
It was a screwy sports politics thing of "not being a mandatory olympic event"
>>
>>36192
Are you confusing wrestling and weightlifting?
>>
File: cache_1561389.png (380 KB, 720x370)
380 KB
380 KB PNG
me on the right
>>
File: ebinuma.jpg (38 KB, 396x594)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
Ebinuma announced his retirement
F
>>
>>36908
that's kinda sad, if the Tokyo Olympics had just 1 year earlier he could have cemented his legacy
>>
>>36118
>In MMA where everyone is shirtless like this, is there any actual difference between judo techniques and wrestling takedowns?
Yes. When people are wrestlers and do it they talk about how badass it is. When judoka do it they say its somehow inferior.
>>
>>37011
>YOOO SICK WHIZZER THROW
>anyway, joe, why don't we see judo in mma
>>
File: Share if idiot.png (514 KB, 679x676)
514 KB
514 KB PNG
>tfw trained judo for over 11 years, was hard working lad but didnt had much succes
>my bro on the other hand was a lazy fuck and was wiping the floor with the competition
despite this, im still fucking happy i used to train it, it also sucks to be a fucking wooden doll... its been 8 years lads, i gained much experience and i am more lax than i was before. should i commit a try again ?
>>
>>37036
Depends on how old you are, if you're still in your early 20s go for it, but if you're in your late 20s or beyond, maybe take up BJJ since it's less hard on your body.
>>
>>36910
He didn't get picked for the team. He moved up to -73kg category and Ono got that place.
>>
>>34312
Recommendations for good judo books?
>>
>>37096
This is the only one, really. For these things, nothing beats actual practice.
>>
>>37102
I have a copy of that as well. It's a good reference, and can help you understand the mechanics of what you're trying to do.
>>
Judofags, what do you think of BJJ?

I go top open mats on the weekends at a BJJ club, and it's always a fun diversion from judo and I can get some extra gripping work done.
>>
>>37176
Theyre good at groundwork. Going there will improve your newaza. What else is there to say?
>>
>>37176
Ne-waza is always fun, it's so similar but so insanely different to tachi-waza. Grappling in general is always fun
>>
File: vital judo isao okano.jpg (340 KB, 998x1280)
340 KB
340 KB JPG
>>37096
Vital judo: Grappling techniques by Isao Okano
>>
Is it too late for me or do I just have bad luck? I'm 24 and I was a ball of lard for most of my youth but now I'm finally at a point where I'm just overweight (6'2 216lbs). The problem is that I've only found one spot that teaches judo within driving distance of me and all the white belts are kids and teenagers. I'm actually embarrassed to go there even though I really have an interest in judo
>>
>>37380
I'm 34, started training when I was 31. I'm also overweight and for a long time was the only student because the other classes were just kids. For one thing it was damn good becuase it was basically me and the sensei training. On the other hand I always get my ass handed to me in competitons and such because most seniors and heavy weights are green belts or above but you shouldn't worry too much about it.
It's been damn good for my health. So yeah, at 24 you got little to lose, go and try it.
>>
>>37380
>all the white belts are kids and teenagers.
But there is adults there too right they are just colored belts?
I'd stick it out you'll get your first belt soon.
>>
>>37388
yeah there's some older teens and adults in the colored belts. I figure it won't be as bad as i think?
>>37381
thanks anon. I'll just take the plunge
>>
>>37413
>I figure it won't be as bad as i think?
No they'll take it easy on you while you're learning, if they don't though and just throw you on your head over and over probably not the best place to learn, but that is just an example of a bad place to learn.
>>
>>37415
I see. After talking to you guys I don't really know what i was afraid of
thanks
>>
>>37413
They started as white belts too
>>
File: graphic-rashguard.jpg (1009 KB, 2048x2048)
1009 KB
1009 KB JPG
I have a confession bros.

I unironically enjoy rashguards with edgy, loud graphics
>>
>>37428
I would wear this if it had something obnoxious written on it like "fish want me women fear me because i FUCK the fish" or so
>>
File: Morshu.gif (507 KB, 238x238)
507 KB
507 KB GIF
>>37428
back when i used to train, all i ever wanted was plain black, i remember my dad, that was also training judo, saw me in one of those and said "back in my day, we never trained with shirts on, and on top of that, we didnt wore undies as well"... i really cant wrap my mind about not using undies, my dick would tear on the fabric
>>
>>37490
I get the no shirts because you can't in competition and I try not to as well, but no undies?
That's crazy, I even wear compression shorts because it feels weird just to wear regular boxer briefs.
>>
>>37490
My first Judo sensei was an old black dude who learned in Vietnam and stayed in Japan for a while. According to him no underwear was the norm for the Japanese guys. He and the rest of the Americans didn't go commando. I am fairly certain that the Japanese guys these days also wear underwear. Some shit belongs in the past.
>>
>>37493
Most of the younger guys wear rashguards and shirts too.
>>
>>37493
>>37490
As someone who's gotten their nuts on the way of a juji gatame please never never do this
>>
The best way to learn how to escape uranage is getting manhandled by 2m Buff guys in randori, they're going to do it very often, so you'll get more pracitce to block it with your leg. change my mind
>>
Why is pajama wrestling so fun, bros?
>>
>>35427
I've been practicing for 3 years.

I'm 5'11 160 pounds. I'm pretty skinny and lanky compared to most people I'm up against. I used to fence so I think my lower body is pretty decent, but not so much my upper.
>>
>>37752
Focus more on ashi waza, not only as a method of off-balacing / combinations but as primary throws and ippon techniques. Your body type is useful for ashi waza but it's also a universally good idea to learn, it will force you to learn the dynamics of moving, upright Judo and make sacrifice throws actually dangerous instead of predictable and flat
>>
Has anybody actually used Judo for self-defense? I asked Ramsey Dewey why Chael Sonnen doesn't think Judo work in MMA and he said that a high school wrestler would beat a Judo black belt, on average.
>>
>>37792
That sounds really fucking stupid and I don't see how that is related to self-defense.
>>
>>37792
Well yeah, a senior high school wrestler has been grappling for about 5 years, and you can get a black belt in 5 years. In MMA, all the wrestling is instantly applicable, while the judoka has to adjust to naked grappling vs jacket grappling. The judoka has more adjusting to do.

In the US, judo also is not trained at the same intensity as a high school wrestler. However, there are countries where this isn't true - Japan, Korea, and even France come to mind.
>>
>>37792
Sonnen has also said that single legs dont work in MMA. He loves his hyperbole. Sonnen is friends with a lot of local judoka in the Pacific northwest an likes to bust their balls. But he has been known to put on a jacket an weeb it up. So I wouldn't put to much weight into his public personal words
>>
>>37807
He is undefeated, undisputed after all

I think he even put on his pajamas and did some tutorials for BJJFanatics.
>>
>>37796
Did you not even try to think how it was connected? This is a Judo thread, the statement is what an MMA fighter/coach on youube had to say about it being under utilized in MMA. And MMA is the closest thing you can get to actual street fights without having street fights.
>>37806
This is a great breakdown
>>
>>37853
I don't know, I think there's a bit of disconnect. In that self defense will not usually involve fighting high school wrestlers. Most street fights are just guys swinging haymakers at eachothers faces. Judo doesn't have the adjustment problem if you live in an environment where people have to wear coats and jackets. Clothes of any sort are closer to a judogi than a wrestling singlet.

Judo's relative lack of representation in MMA and its difficulty dealing with wrestling background fighters are fairly separate from whatever issues judo might have in self defense. There being a surfeit of wrestlers in MMA and not a lot of judoka has more to do with the fact that judo heavy countries sponsor the sport and you can earn a decent living doing judo. In America, where we have this enormous wrestling culture for some reason, after your Olympic run, which wasn't very lucrative to begin with, you're alone in the woods. MMA is a way for these guys to make a living. They've got a lot of adjustment to do as far as dealing with strikes and submissions. Whether or not that's more or less adjustment than a judoka has to do with strikes and grips is up for debate I think. But wrestling has the combination of talent and motivation whereas the most talented judo players are French or Japanese and don't have any desire to do prize fighting for the most part.
>>
>>37860
You're right on all counts.
From the perspective of a casual practitioner, or anyone looking for fitness/confidence, Judo and wrestling are both great choices and the differences don't matter too much. The reliance on the gi is way overblown unless you like to get in fights on the beach a lot.

More important is the availability of adult hobbyist training, which both Judo and wrestling lack. You can get wrestling training but usually at a general MMA gym so you might as well just do MMA. Judo has a bit more availability but still not great. There's a reason BJJ is dominating the market, they cater to adult novices
>>
>>37853
>mma is the closest thing to a street fight
>two half naked dudes both aware that they are fighting, properly warmed up and with decades of training on both is the closest thing to a street fight
wew, in reality some untrained drunk nigger that didn't hear of judo in his entire life will start shit and realise it is better to not start shit the first time he hits the floor
>>
>>37930
It's because of the allowed techniques - striking with hands, feet, knees, elbows, etc plus clinching and takedowns and not only does the fight not stop on the ground, you are allowed to strike an opponent on the ground.

The set of allowed techniques are why it is considered the closest thing to a street fight. Arguably Combat Sambo is closer because of the jacket, given that most people wear clothes, but it basically doesn't exist outside the FSU so whatever.
>>
>>37932
my point was anything works against an untrained, unarmed, and drunk opponent, which will be the majority of people trying to start a fight. In any other situations it would be better to avoid fighting anyways, due to the significantly higher risk of injury which would ruin your day/week/month/life.
>fight does not stop on the ground
kicking someone's face in after a throw really doesn't need training. I am not saying judo is ideal for self defense, any martial art would work under the aforementioned conditions with roughly equal expected outcomes. Buy a gun if self defense is your primary concern.
>>
>>37932
>Arguably Combat Sambo is closer because of the jacket, given that most people wear clothes, but it basically doesn't exist outside the FSU so whatever.
Combat sambo has a sizeable international competition scene. The skill level is lower compared to sport sambo, which allows guys coming from MMA to transition and do well. The US team does fairly well at combat sambo internationally despite not having the same success at sport sambo. There's also guys from Asia like the Korean and Japanese teams that have won championships.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>37939
>my point was anything works against an untrained, unarmed, and drunk opponent,
Nah, there are so many bullshit martial arts that used to be popular that just don't work.
>>
>>37960
we really shouldn't be calling it martial arts when they are dancing styles
>>
>>37939
Working against an untrained weakling should be the bare minimum. Why are you trying to exalt this floor of effectiveness as though it's something to proud of? It should work against untrained weaklings at a minimum, and it should also work against fully resisting trained athletes.
>>
>>38049
please don't get into unregulated fights with trained individuals if you don't have a gun, and even then rather avoid fighting
>>
>>37792
First thing, Ramsey Dewey is incredibly retarded, so take what he says with a grain of salt. Secondly, as someone who trains judo almost exclusively for mma as my primary discipline, I'd have to say, for the most part, that no, a high school wrestler does not beat a judo black belt. I'm a leaf, so our wrestling here isn't as good, however I think a lot of people forget a lot of high school wrestlers fucking suck, I'd argue even more so than the amount of recreational judo black belts that suck. Is it possible? Of course, but I'd say like 8 times out of 10 no. Especially a competitive judo black belt. As a blue belt at an incredibly competitive club, I have yet to encounter a notably competent wrestler in my nomadic club hopping mma travels
>>
>>37953
Did she break White's arm?
>>
>>38235
I think a big issue is most people have zero abilities with takedowns. I’m from the greatest wrestling state in the nation, Pennsylvania. I wrestled in PA, went into mma and bjj. I’ve trained with guys who wrestle at a collegiate level and some Olympic alternates. I’ve never been rag dolled harder then when I went with a guy who was competitive in Judo.
I agree with Ramsey that MMA needs to be thought of as it’s own style and to play to the rules. If you allow strikes to the back of the head then odds are wrestling decreases a lot in mma. If you allow stomps and kicks to downed opponents then the game is going to change.
For the current rule set of MMA that is most common world wide wrestling makes the most sense. But if you’re already an accomplished judoka you’ll wreck people with over under grips just like Karo Parisyan.
>>
>>38390
>But if you’re already an accomplished judoka you’ll wreck people with over under grips just like Karo Parisyan.
On that note, Valentina Shevchenko shows off some good judo when she clinches up with girls. Because of its relative popularity, I think we're going to see more judo-esque approaches to MMA grappling the more these Eastern Europeans get into the UFC.
>>
is it too late to start training judo at 20 if most of my cardio training consists of beer league hockey
>>
>>38564
i have absolutely no problem with staying at a lower belt longer to get better training
i want to earn a belt not be given one
>>
>>38564
>is it too late
Too late for what?

You could start training judo at any age.
>>
>>38564
getting sick of these infants straight out of high school asking if it's too late to do something.

yes, it's too late, if you don't start any given pursuit at 5 years old you are a fucking loser forever.
>>
>>38572
Right? I know people twice my age that have beautiful judo, their throws are really something else.
>>
>>38572
Sorry, I just meant will I be the only adult beginner because all the schools I’ve found list beginner classes as being for kids and I’d want to be training with people my own age and size
>>
she nearly snapped her neck. it was arched backwards.
>>
Is tani otoshi the most dangerous legal judo technique?
>>
Judo is neat
>>
>>34683
How can people set up the tomoe nage so easily?
Everytime i try that move in ends with the person stepping out or sprawling
i find it so hard to set up
>>
Might have to move to idaho for work, how is the judo there never been
>>
>>36124
this, what do I do if all the schools around me are really "family oriented," does it matter that much in relation to my own training?
>>
>>39136
Go to adults night, or the classes for adults. Nothing wrong with kids learning martial arts
>>
>>38517
Not to mention Petr Yang who caught Sterling with several very slick judo-esque throws.
>>
Any thoughts on same side grip osoto gari?
>>
>>39070
I dont think I know anyone who intentionally sets up tomoe nage, rather they use it as a situational throw for people who are leaning to far forward
>>
>>38564
>is it too late to start training judo at 20
Bro what the fuck? Youre barely out of high school and youre already asking if its too late to do shit?
>>
>>37792
Lmao, remember when chael sonnen said that ben askren was going to thrash jake paul for like a month straight? Howd that go?
>>
How can I get an appropiate physique for judo?
>>
>>39284
There is no such thing. If you're small/light you'll face small/light people, and so on. You just need training to become stronger, especially legs and hips, and get endurance.
There's an exception though - usually even if your fat you can do ok, but among heavyweight professional champions there's been a shift from heavier, fatter bodies to stronger, taller and more fit overall (think Riner, Krpalek, etc)
>>
>>39277
I liked sonnen as a fighter, but he has some terrible takes sometimes.
>>
>>39433
Thanks!
>>
>>38371
Looks fine to me
>>
>>39482
Word of advice - this is mostly for competitions and such. While training, you'll probably be paired with different classes and belts to improve, even girls sometimes if there aren't many people around (and be respectful for fucks sake). It's good because helps to deal with different situations and develop your technique. I'm a heavyweight and the sensei usually pairs me with lighter people to help them face stronger opponents and for myself to get more stamina and deal with faster combat styles.
Also, this goes without saying but NEVER EVER decline a randori invitation from a senpai, this is one of the worst insults and you'll get your ass handed to you for it
>>
>>37542
friend taht's been my partner for years now is like 1.85/110 and loves doing ura nage. IMO the best defense is to hook his leg (ouchi works best for me) and turn your body towards him.
>>
>>39736
>senpai
>horrible insult
>getting ass kicked for declining to spar
lmfao what the fuck are you talking about and where do you train
>>
File: C1d0XCbUkAA0msc.jpg (11 KB, 257x234)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>40027
>I'm a senpai anon show some respect
>>
I spent randori today trying to focus on sasae and ouchi, and I got my ass kicked. I think I got some decent practice and a good osoto, however, so it didn't feel like a waste.

t. white belt
>>
>>40199
keep on keeping on
>>
Why is kata guruma so fun?
>>
>>40742
Because its like doing a bully style headlock but with greater effect
>>
>>40742
>>
>>34312
isnt she underaged? fucking creep
>>
>tfw at the point of knowing what I should be doing, but fucking up on the execution
>>
>>40825
seems like judo in a nutshell bro
>>
>>40825
congrats on your yellow belt bro
>>
>>37953
god I wish she'd do that to me
>>
>>38564
https://youtu.be/hgR7FVE2TZo
you can start judo at 50
at 20 you're still in your physical prime mate. no you won't be going to the Olympics, but you can easily get very very good long before your body starts giving you issues
>>
>>40747
That's koshi guruma
>>
File: 1619204811339m.jpg (119 KB, 1024x1007)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>41301
Oopsie poopsie
>>
>>41279
>no you won't be going to the Olympics
That is entirely dependent on how hard you train and how long you train. Deontay Wilder was heavyweight champion of boxing and he started in his 20's
>>
File: 1619919729995.webm (2.9 MB, 1280x720)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB WEBM
>>
>>41409
As a yellow belt osoto gari spammer, this really makes me want to be a koshi guruma chad.
>>
I'm going to start judo classes the moment the interim covid restrictions are lifted where I live (hopefully in two weeks)
should I have a gi for the first class or can I pick one up later?
>>
>>41435
Most will be able to loan you one, maybe you can call and ask.
>>
>>41400
Nah, it's so unlikely that it's not worth getting people's hopes up about. It's not exactly like boxing, the years of experience pros have from training since they're young children; the thousands of repetitions, puts you at a considerable disadvantage.

Very few people in their twenties are able to commit so totally to Judo, that a high level career would require anyway.
>>
>>41435
>(hopefully in two weeks)
>TWO MORE WEEKS
Im really glad my club's owner is an alex jones conspiracy theorist who thinks covid is fake
>>
>>41451
where I live we only have 3 active cases which were announced yesterday, so we have two weeks of restrictions. once they've recovered, we're back to normal
>>
File: 1941734424147147.webm (949 KB, 678x740)
949 KB
949 KB WEBM
>>
>>36286
based
>>
>>39168
hey same anon here, yeah I was worrying over nothing. took my first class and 80% of the other students were 10+ years my senior
>>
>>41409
Do you have the disqualification upkick webm?
>>
>>
>>34312
I offered to teach my grandmother breakfalls a while back. She agreed it was a good idea but with a "show me later" caveat. After falling off a ladder the other day (thankfully with no actual injuries) she decided that now would be a good time to learn, but I'm not able to show up and teach her in person anytime soon. Do any of you know of any quality videos or other resources she and my grandfather could use?
>>
>>41775
Sorry about ur meemaw but honestly I wouldnt trust anyone, especially if theyre frail, to learn breakfalls without someone watching them and correcting them since ive mever seen a newbie do it right the first 30 or so times.
>>
>>41791
>Sorry about ur meemaw
Thank you, but she only got a bruise. She's a tough old lady and about as stubborn as she is tough and old. Falling off of the ladder the way she did was probably a good thing if it's got her wanting to learn proper ukemi.
>I wouldnt trust anyone, especially if theyre frail, to learn breakfalls without someone watching them and correcting them since ive mever seen a newbie do it right the first 30 or so times.
She's pretty robust for her age, but point taken. I'm on the fence about having her wait a couple months until I can show up or trying to get a feel for it with quality educational material and her and my grandfather checking each other's form against the references.
>>
We did some nogi/mma goofing around at randori today. It is interesting how the game changes when someone is sends their fists towards your face. Even just popping the jab and moving offline changes how people react.
>>
File: Uta Abe Te Waza Judo.webm (2.74 MB, 512x640)
2.74 MB
2.74 MB WEBM
>>
>>
>>42316
Jesus, that's beautiful. No look, changed her grip just to pull that off.
>>
>>37792
Ramsey also thinks he has more freedom in the People's Republic of China than he does in America. I've pretty much given up on listening to him after that.
>>
>>
>>42433
That one's true though
>>
>>
>>42318
what judo technique is this?
>>
>>42316
>Its my time!

to master judo, its very counter intuitive
your tokui waza must become perfect
and they must be uki otoshi and sumi otoshi

That is all. Keep these two things in mind
and achieve invincibility
>>
>>42550
Hmm. Well.
thats. . . understaaaannnnnndable
I
gueeessss
>>
yes, veeeeerrry creative
>>
>>42549
Stop trying to force a meme
>>
>>42433
Americans still in America look hilariously delusional to Americans outside of America. Enjoy your ever narrowing global perception.
>>
>>42518
Concussion
>>
>>42548
Kata guruma variation, sometimes called kata guruma inverse.
>>
File: judo.webm (2.71 MB, 640x640)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB WEBM
>>
>>42589
no. Its fucking hillarious, and eventually it will be obvious
>>
>>42554
I'm sad that the post was deleted.

>>42881
That actually makes sense
>>
>>42949
okay, milhouse
>>
>>42965
but this one is actually good. If it catches on, theres a slim chance that someone will actually do it and win a major tournament with only special case hand throws. There will be all kinds of emotions. Amazement, awe, joy, fear.
And the few of us who always hoped, but never believed will share a silent tear at the amazing feat we have just witnessed.
>>
>>42968
You talk like a faggot and your shits all retarded. No one cares that much.
>>
>>43062
>No one cares that much.
The world we live in.
Occasionally people care.
And those are the people I am here for.
>>
>>34312
>Links in the op? What would you guys like to see in the op?
Best places in the entire world to learn judo. I go to Japan a lot for work and I’m lost as to where to go. Willing to shell out a good number to learn from the best
>>
>>43551
>I’m lost as to where to go
Have you been to the Kodokan yet? If I were in your situation I'd probably start there and see what other schools those guys hold in high regard.
>>
>>43551
>>43567
kodokan is a must for any judo practioner in japan but ive also heard kyoto university as an excellent judo program though I dont know if its open to the public.
>>
Any channels you watch or books or sites pertaining to judo you recommend
>>
>>43802
official judo channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeYa3QaP2n7I8SpGSqD-kUQ/videos
official kodokan channel, has been uploading techniques since last year
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtF6tu7GuZYkZzht5MIv8UQ
>>
Best judo throw for bjj?
>>
>>43807
Foot sweeps, and osoto gari for when they try to pull guard, if you do it while they are pulling guard you'll get points for a takedown.
>>
>>43807
depends on if you want to get good at takedowns in general or only for BJJ

>good for BJJ only
Sacrifice throws. Think of them as sweeps.

>good at throws in general
Stop being a filthy guard puller and commit to learning the stand up game.
>>
>>43802
>books
official kodokan book
http://libgen.rs/book/index.php?md5=9D8A4D9C2752F608198BF39670B18401
>>
What are some good setups for Harai?
>>
What are the most lethal judo moves? I mean, are there any moves where you throw your opponent in a way that their heads land on the floor first with the intention of breaking their necks or something similar?
>>
>>43863
There's some footage of Drop Seoi out there doing this very thing. De Ashi Barai has the potential for a pretty hard fall right on the head of the recipient if he's not used to falling. You are much more likely to cause a plain ol concussion rather than execution but the potential is there.
>>
>>43851
Harai is a turning throw so something like osoto or ouchi gari that gets your opponent pushing back into you is a good set up
>>
>>43821
why is the hiza weird?
>>
>>43889
Maybe you weren't taught the traditional variant.
>>
>>41414
Osoto gari isn't a good technique for a beginner imo. To do it properly you need to massively disbalance him or catch him in a right moment. Even then he has a chance of blocking it and using your osoto to do his own or sweeping your leg.
>>
>>40772
This one's amazing. I've added it to my arsenal and once you start getting the timing right.
I'm usually a uchi mata spammer, so I'll do something like a kuzushi for uchimata and immeadiatly drop under him to do this kataguruma. Worked like a charm, but my friends caught up to it. Now I can't spam it as much anymore :(
>>
Thawlts on the straight kneebar?

We had a Sambo guy show up, and he showed the straight kneebar and some entries into it.
>>
Should Judo bring back Yuko so we can have stricter waza-ari and ippon criteria?
>>
>>43802
https://www.youtube.com/user/Shigashi84
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJUEqkjxNgwJEefNpaMrwag
https://www.youtube.com/user/welcomematstevescott
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCylrQd6jlq55Cz3LG8hfasw
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCylrQd6jlq55Cz3LG8hfasw
https://www.youtube.com/c/TravisStevensgrappling/
>>
>>44162
does this count as a makikomi?
>>
>>44164
Id call it ko soto gake
>>
Why can't the judogi have slits cut in it like the sambo jacket so you don't have to worry about the skirt of your jacket coming untucked?
>>
>>44280
tradition
>>
>>43982
Right now I like the "bow and arrow" setup where I pull the lapel like I'm going to do a sasae tsurikomi ashi or hiza guruma, and when they resist and pull back, I push the lapel, pull the sleeve, hook the knee and break their balance by hopping in. At the very least, it works more often than my ippon seoi nage.
>>
>>44339
Oh I thought you were a complete beginner lol. Sasae+ osoto is a sick combo. If you watched some competitions, this combo usually results in those beautiful osoto garis where the opponent completely takes off
>>
>>44224
I know. It was a joke. . . sort of.
maybe ko soto makikomi
ko soto gake makikomi with the gi
something like that.

Its a joke highlighting how there is less of specific techniques, more of a "throw space"
and the lines between what makes the throws specific techniques are to some degree arbitrary.
>>
>>44356
Yeah Im thinking kosoto makikomi as well
>>
>get in fight
>get ready for judo
>other guy punches me
>i lose because I'm waiting for him to clinch so I can throw him
>>
>>44484
Did you see what he did you Shrigami no change
>>
>>44547
Only sport judo schools ignore atemi waza.
>>
>>44704
t. doesn't train
>>
>>44710
My instructor makes the judo class do some basic taekwondo and makes the taekwondo class do some basic judo.
>>
>>44704
>Only sport judo schools ignore atemi waza
And where exactly are these non-spor judo schools? Are they hidden at the tops of mountains?
>>
>>44547
>get in fight
>other guy doesnt know how to manage distance
>clinch easy
>ogoshi him into a coma
>>
>>44547
You know very little about fighting if you think it is actually that easy to lose a fight, you have to basically be sickly to be that easy to knock out. Ben Askren lost to Jake Paul in boxing (can not take a person down if you didn't know) but he went undefeated for a long time with that amount of stirking by just wrestling.
>>
>>44733
He sounds like he does point karate or some shit.
>Your martial art is negated because I can touch you first!
>>
>>44956
For real lol, def trains for the streets
>>
>>44730
My instructors taught us that we should see competition as a way to study judo, rather than seeing judo as something to study to win competitions. The head instructor was pretty traditional.
>>
>>44960
You train ufc, bro?
>>
>>34312
My instructor died yesterday. He was a good man and a good teacher.
https://www.jeffersonmemorial.biz/obituaries/Kyu--Ha-Kim?obId=21108943
https://www.usjf.com/hall-of-fame/kyu-ha-kim/
>>
>>44978
F
>>
>>44978
F
>>
>>44978
>His promotion to 1st degree black belt did not come easily, however. In spite of his dedication to the school’s demanding training regimen and his success in high school tournament competition, he failed his promotional test for 1st degree black belt nine times before finally succeeding
F
>>
>>45014
>>
>>44978
May him rest in peace. Sorry for your loss
>>
What are some good ashi-waza to set up tai-otoshi?
>>
>>44978
rip in peace in pieces in pepperoni
>>
>>44971
Not for the sport, I train mainly judo and a little of wrestlng and boxing
>>
>>44978
Rest in peace
>>
>>43885
That's interesting, I never have success setting up a throw with ouchi, with Harai my most successful set up is with a failed Okuriashi. Osoto is a good one too, but I guess I usually set up my osoto with a failed harai already lol
>>
>>45208
>I never have success setting up a throw with ouchi
Try kicking their leg away like an ouchi theb dive inside for drop seoi. Its honestly the cheapest move I know.
>>
File: image.jpg (2.14 MB, 4032x3024)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB JPG
R8 my new art work
>>
>>45341
Sugoi/10
>>
>>45341
looks good mate
>>
hey kids, want to see why kani basami is banned?
>>
>>45548
already know what this is and I'm eating right now, no way I'm playing this horrifying video
>>
>>36023
I saw him earlier and almost brought up this thread to him lmao.
>>
>>
do you wear a shirt under your gi?
>>
>>46101
That's for girls and people over 70.
>>
>>44733
>Jake Paul
Isn't that the Youtube e-celeb that pays it's opponents to win fights?
>>
>>46169
what about people who haven't got their rig sorted
>>
File: sukui nage judo.webm (3 MB, 1280x720)
3 MB
3 MB WEBM
>>
What throws hit hardest - besides the obvious answer of "the one you don't see coming"?
>>
>>46622
Textbook kata guruma
>>
>>46622
>>46625
Makikomi goshi can be pretty rough too
>>
>>46622
the throws of the Gokyo no Waza
are partially put towards the end because of the difficulty of breakfalling from them
>>
>>37932
Please, cage fighting/MMA isn't even as close to a street fight as paintball/airsoft is to a live fire zone.
>>38049
LOL, /heem/ regularly gets trolled by people posting articles and videos of MMA athletes getting their shit pushed in by random street monkeys. MMA is not the laboratory of what just werks in da streetz that some people are dogmatically insistent that it is.
>>
>>
>>47013
post vids pls
>>
>>46622
sode tsurikomi goshi can hurt sometimes having both arms held and not being able to fall properly
>>
Daily reminder that uchi mata is the best throw in existence
>>
>>47383
What about for people with longer legs than you
>>
Anyone else feel like Uchi Mata, when done right, is basically the throw that makes you good or not at Judo
>>
>>47383
Its just an ogoshi that missed
>>
>>47389
>>47408
t orange belts
>>
>>47383
that's not tai-o
>>
>>47526
No, it certainly isn't.
>>
>>47067
damn that's a nice throw
>>
>>46101
I do on days where we do no-gi jiu-jitsu right after judo for convenience, but that's it. It's kind of useless wear and tear on your shirt if you're a dude.
>>
>>47402
I feel like there's at least two types of judoka, the seoi nage / koshi waza based ones and the uchi mata / ashi waza based ones. Probably more types than that but those seem to be the most prominent from what I've seen.
>>
Is tani otoshi actually dangerous?
>>
>>48271
it can be, especially if the kuzushi is wrong, but i've not had any trouble from it.
>>
Any Ontario judo bros here? Or leaf judo bros in general, when the fuck are clubs opening again
>>
>tfw lefty and the medium size children just stiff arm me
Gotta stop being subconsciously afraid to throw them because I feel like I'll land on and crush them.
>>
>>44978
F. What was his tokui waza? I'll throw some out next randori.
>>
>>34332
Not him, but I'm an aimless BJJ practitioner who has been at it for almost a decade (purple belt). I think living in Japan would be cool and I think a Judo black belt would be neat. International travel + martial arts seems /xs/ to me and I'd welcome feedback.
>>
File: image[2].jpg (84 KB, 1109x788)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>48369
I don't know what he did back in his competition days but as an old man teaching classes he seemed to especially like osoto gari and sasae tsurikomi ashi. I can ask his family or some of his older students at some point. I'll probably always regret not asking him more questions when I had the chance.

Pic related is him throwing one of his grandsons during a black belt promotion however many years ago.

I found a longer biographical article if you're interested:
https://blackbeltmag.com/kyu-ha-kim-judo/kyu-ha-kim
>>
if your dojo isn't teaching atemi-waza, it's shit. Judo doesn't fucking work until you're made the enemy a sack of fucking shit through hard force. Fuck you. Don't bother to reply I am never going to check this thread ever again
>>
>>44978
I'm very sorry
>>
>>48593
This is bait but I bet theres at least one guy out there who actually believes this
>>
File: judo1.gif (1.37 MB, 360x202)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB GIF
Anyone with knee surgeries? How do you still continue to train with constant pain/swelling/and increased chance of re injury?
>>
>>34312
Would any of you gentlemen be so kind as to create a pastebin?
>>
>>48271
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1mirCkei_s

As a novice I end up relying on tani otoshi probably more than I really should against people better than me, but from this video I've gathered: do not hook the leg.
>>
File: 5biv9r.jpg (152 KB, 500x760)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>48593
>>
>>48812
Based
>>
File: iYWzSQRkGADWYmWdakq3W.jpg (151 KB, 1080x956)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>48748
What kind of information do you want to see in a pastebin?
>>
>>48914
Mostly links to judo knowledge, best fighters and sources to watch live matches, highlights etc.

Here's a pastebin for sumo wrestling I found on /wsg/ of all places:

https://pastebin.com/hsNuJxYu

Also I think your picrel is the subject of one of my favorite webms I've ever found. Beautiful.
>>
>>48812
its true
>>
>>48975
This is no shit Firas Zahabi's advice for applying Judo in MMA. Develop heaving punches that leave your opponent reeling and then hit em with the osoto. As opposed to a clinch heavy game which is what most assume would be the MMA adaptation.
>>
>>49046
do both
>>
I joined a gym that is making me learn a different fighting style than the one I expected. I expected to learn bjj and instead I have to take the krav maga class. The teacher said I need to learn some moves first and get in shape before I can roll with the more advanced students which I understand however they have no class for white belts. On the schedule it says jiu jitsu so but he says that he teaches a blend of the styles.
>>
>>49324
find another gym
>>
>>49324
Unless you're egregiously out of shape by modern fat American standards and that's his concern you should go somewhere else. He's just peddling marketable meme arts and is almost definitely running a McDojo.
>>
File: 1618518456164.png (11 KB, 128x128)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
Tore my ACL a while back as early on in my judo career because I planted my foot and pivoted on it. What's the best way to practice staying on my toes/balls of the feet? Looking forward to eventually getting back but afraid of tearing my shit again
>>
>>49491
>What's the best way to practice staying on my toes/balls of the feet
Literally just practice staying on your toes/balls of your feet. Drill your tai sabaki. Consider taking up barefoot running, but definitely drill your tai sabaki.
>>
File: image[1].jpg (73 KB, 556x953)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>34312
>>44978
This thread is at the bump limit, but /xs/ is slow enough we've got a few more days of use left. When it's time to start the next thread I'd like to write it up as a Grandmaster Kyu Ha Kim memorial edition.
>>
>>34312
I figured this is the best thread to ask this question in. There's a gym nearby that teaches Sambo and the instructor is a Russian who actually has a track record. Is it worthwhile to train that because it's kind of rare in the U.S.?
>>
>>49554
Yes.
>>
>>49554
Sambo is a super fun ruleset and the jacket has some nice features you don't get on the judogi
>>
>>49531
Dude do it. This is why I like slower boards on 4chan, because they persist, but aren't there forever, like that man's bright and inspiring life. It's more meaningful than some Reddit post or Tweet to dedicate a thread to him on /xs/. In the time that it is up it will be a fine commemoration.
>>
>>37176
the nuts-and-bolts BJJ is excellent – the upside down spinning shit is gay. the older guys in my judo club are insanely good at newaza, but have a very limited arsenal -- they just know how to get to pins and bread-and-butter chokes in their sleep. respect goes out to seriously good BJJ fighters who aren't reddit/LA/modern yoga types. all in all though the judoka with excellent newaza scare me much more though than someone that only is excellent at BJJ.
>>
>>37380
stop making excuses and go – judo can be life changing to you and likely will be. sub-par training is better than no training.
>>
>>37639
it's just real – so few things have the grit and the reality of judo. talk all you want, as soon as randori starts we all know who's got the skills and who doesn't. it's a bullshit free zone in our culture of overflowing nonsense.
>>
>>37792
Ramsey Dewey is a Mormon. I rest my case.
>>
>>37944
blue gi putting his hands up for what? you just got manhanled and ipponed bitch, accept the loss.
>>
>>34312
bros I just trained with someone last night that fought Shohei Ono a few years back –real humble guy and got launched in randori real good. humbling, awesome experience. fucking love training in a competitive club.
>>
>>42518
brain damajamajamajamajama
nevertheless based as hell

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.