[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 70 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: lizzie.jpg (612 KB, 1920x1280)
612 KB
612 KB JPG
Lizzie's pits edition

Be Part of the /esg/ summer 2021 Compilation! Send your clips to esgskatevid@gmail.com

You're not too Old/ Fat to skate.
Skateboarding is 90% Mind, 10% Body.

Beginner Tip: Get a premade complete if you're tight on money and upgrade parts whenever you can
Trick Tip: ollie is 3 fold, don't over focus on the "slide"
Skatepark Etiquette: Don't stare too long at the rollerthot's butt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay8x829pgug

Old Thread
>>32188
>>
I push better in goofy

I ride better in regular

I just want to be normal
>>
skateboarding is fun but i hate skaters
>>
skaters are cute but I hate skateboards
>>
>>34036
You've just met the wrong ones. Lots of skaters are awful people but get respect cause they're good
>>
>>34038
i find most of them to be self-righteous and pretentious, but mostly just uncool. you're probably just like that
>>
>>34039
im not self-righteous and pretentious
im only righteous and radical
>>
>>34032
mongo regular is the logical conclusion to your problem
>>
>>34032
force yourself to push the right way while riding regular then retard. You will get used to it after a week. You're just the typical noob that craves to psh mongo. Fight the urge.
>>
>>34021
Excellent edition
>>
>>34069
thanks!
>>
File: deathwish.jpg (72 KB, 580x580)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
i miss these edgelord shoes ;_;
>>
>>34021
Trick tip is a mesh-up, more of a reminder but you would have to read the previous thread.
Also, don't chew words, this si the OP, you need to put the motto in CAPITALS, YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO SKATE, NOW GO OUT AND SHRED.
YOU'RE NEVER TOO FAT TO SKATE, NOW GO OUT AND SHRED.

And an appropriate tip would be, honestly, don't reply to questions of an excessivelly fundamental nature, like "how do I tie my shoes?".

And stop sexualising girl skaters right at a point where they feel more accepted.

Also, you should add that LOCKDOWNS ARE CLASS WAR.
>>
>>34073
stfu fag
>>
>>34073
Yeah there's a ton of them on fucking 4chan
>>
>>34073
>stop being gay
>>
>>34039
Im definitely uncool
>>
File: sadkitty.jpg (8 KB, 235x232)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
Haven't skated since December. Boutta hit the park. Feeling a little anxious for some reason. I'll let y'all know how it goes. Thank you for reading my blog
>>
>>34117
Don't over do it, man. The worst injuries I've had were after a short break. Your brain has unlearned the fear, but your body isn't in tune. You'll "feel" like you can do the old stuff, but when you try it your legs will feel like jello. Give yourself like a week grace period of light cruising before you jump on rails or something. You don't wanna eat shit on a boardslide.
>>
>>34032
Nearly everyone goes through this. Learn to push and take your time
>>
File: sp36619013_sc7.jpg (407 KB, 2400x2400)
407 KB
407 KB JPG
push

button
>>
File: ice bath.jpg (68 KB, 558x812)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>
File: SSX_Tricky.jpg (30 KB, 279x357)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
how to skat???
>>
just copped
>>
File: Scan80053.jpg (462 KB, 1600x1163)
462 KB
462 KB JPG
What happened to skate shoes?
>>
>>34194
Baggy clothes went out of fashion, and big techy skate shoes like CT-IVs etc don’t look good with skinny clothes, hence everything went slimmer.
>>
>>34224
Baggy clothes are mainstream and all the trendy skaters wear them (rap music)
>>
>>34227

Baggy clothes weren’t mainstream for skating between like 2004-2011, pants were tight. It’s come back now though, puffy skate shoes haven’t though.
>>
How did people cope with this shit?
>>
>>34228
All the young locals wear big clown shoes now because the 90s are hip (Director: Jonah Hill).
Yeah the tight pants peak was around the time when Foundation That's Life came out but the steezy dawgs still wore baggy stuff here.
>>
>>34229
Small wheels are the best.
>>
what are some good skate music? share your play lists if you can.
>>
Do you wear helmet and pads?
>>
>>34241
Sometimes
>>34236
Skate rock? Songs about skating? Shredcrust
https://youtu.be/5MbOrMPx51I
>>
I can Ollie up and down manny pads and do fs and bs 180s, but for whatever reason my flat ground ollies are really shitty, how to fix
>>
>>34236
Also bad shit, grindline the band, drunk dom and the roaches, trujillo trio, artic, prob more I'm forgetting. Shredcrust is the best imo
>>
File: 20210407_144719.jpg (3.53 MB, 4128x3096)
3.53 MB
3.53 MB JPG
I need your help, I ride thunders 147 on a 8' but i started trying to get some tranny action (I'm close to landing bs nosegrab air) so my question is can I put them on a 8,125 or 8,25? pic related
>>
>>34186
I'd drink that water
>>
>>34229
all those brand options and none of them go over 50mm
so innovative, so nostalgic for 30 brands all making the same shit.
>>
>>34248

Might be workable with wide wheels like conical fulls and 3 washers between the hanger and the wheel. An 8.5 truck would be better though.
>>
Why are skate videos debuting on twitch now. I dont want this shit.
>>
>>34229
Union Wheels' "right to skate" is a legendary video.
>>
>>34257
I bet it has nothing to do with the lockdown and everything.
>>
Can we get a Flip Hype Train going yeah haha
"OsIrIsD3 donated 4.20 USD" Please do a socks Kickflip.
Tier 2 - 20$ per month
Everyone at this level will automatically receive all the perks from Tier 1. In addition to that, every single Tier 2 patron gets access to my new Skate Part and bonus Rough Cut footage.
SAY "Street League Skateboarding" TO END COMMERCIAL
>>
>>34248
sure you can... but you can just skate tranny with your 8" board. all this autistic nu-shit about setups is so overhyped. I've been skating for over 20 years and I just recently wen't to an 8" from 7.75" and I've always skated tranny at the parks.
>>
How do you skate without sustaining injuries?
>>
>>34265
i don't have serious injuries my elbow and knees and ankles are constantly fucked but its nothing a few days of rest can't fix
>>
>>34265
you cant
>>
>>34263
The furious autism in these threads is unbelievable, it is unmatched anywhere on earth IRL. I can't imagine people at the skatepark screaming at each other they deserve to be killed violently for rotating their wheels or skating a 7.75 on 169s, which is what happens in this general every single thread. Setup is literally 100% personal preference
>>
>>34272
>Wheel rotator detected
>>
>>34032
you're a beginner right? you probably don't push very well either way or ride very well either way. you're marginally better at doing things one way or the other. but keep going and you'll find your stance and everything will be fine.
>>
>>34248
nah bro an extra .0625 on either side of your truck and you're fucked. you gotta get 8.125 trucks.
>>
>>34265
most injuries aren't that bad. skate within your limits and don't get unlucky. gotta accept the occasional turned ankle though. same as basketball or soccer tho honestly.
>>
I’m convinced wheel rotating is an anti-longboarding shibboleth
>>
>>34272
hey faggot can you stop talking about rotating your god damned wheels . Every fucking thread you show up talking about this shit.
We get it you're an autist with a lot of free time. fucking drop it already
>>
Name a skater that's always sweaty. I'll start :
>Ishod Wair
>>
File: 4e7guafza7cz.jpg (75 KB, 640x640)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>34283
Who the fuck allows a pizza to be ordered without sauce? That shouldn't even be an option at all. It's not even pizza at that point, just a breadstick. What's next? Odering a pizza without dough and receiving a box full of sauce? This country is fucking finished.
>>
Fucking theotis has a 8.475 deck. What size truck do I get for that?
>>
>>34288
8.5”
>>
File: hmmm.png (820 KB, 1269x611)
820 KB
820 KB PNG
do you think this dude complained on Slap about how he got "cool guy'd" after sperging out? see timestamp below.

https://youtu.be/5NTdMwqmVL8?t=948
>>
File: safetyfirst.webm (1.01 MB, 1920x1080)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB WEBM
This is the type of dude telling you that you need to wear a helmet all the time
>>
>>34283
me
>>
im really starting to hate the dudes that come to the skatepark and just talk and talk and talk. attempt like 3 tricks their whole session and just talk and talk and talk and talk. im nice-ish so I'm not gonna tell them to stfu or anything, but I literally have to just skate away after giving a bunch of one or two word answers. like dude im not gonna be warmed up anymore if we talk about the 9 club for 10 minutes.
>>
>>34293
go back
>>
>>34293
Stop bringing this garbage here.
>>
>>34293
Seeing redditors discuss skateboarding is the most infuriating thing I've ever seen on that site. That god damn video of a homie teaching a kid to drop in always results in super smarmy comments. "Way to go little bro! But they should both be wearing helmets! How are the parents just filming this? Head injury is no joke, my nephew skated in the 90s and blah blah blah blah"

>>34295
Its always been like this. Some of them are just park rats that literally spend all day there because they have nothing else to do or no where to go. That's fine, some of those guys rip when they finally shut up, others don't even skate and just need a community. However, I live 18 miles away from my park, the last thing I wanna do is sit on a ledge and shoot the shit. I'm there to skate and get my mind right. Maybe we can work on tricks together and have a sesh, but the last thing I wanna do is talk about how you're trying to get your kids back from CPS or how your insta is blowing up. Maybe I'm antisocial or autistic, but I've always been more about skating than the "vibes". The last thing I wanna do is get high and bum around at a skatepark.
>>
>>34265
you're not going to do any real damage unless you get stupidly unlucky/be a retard or get to trying to jump 10+ stairs.

unironically go around and deliberately fall off of stuff and try to hurt yourself, you'll realise after a time that yeah it hurts in the moment but it soon subsides
>>
>>34279
Imagine saying this to someone at the skatepark, everyone would hate you so much
>>
>>34302
For me, step one of arriving at the skatepark is sit down on a park bench and consume a 40oz. Step 2 is start skating
>>
>>34307
>he talks to people at skateparks
>>
If I'm going to a park for the first time will it matter if I've got plastic trucks?
>>
>>34329
no
>>
>>34329
yes
>>
>>34329
not but why do you have plastic trucks? i've only seen those on walmart type boards, and those don't roll at all.
>>
>>34344
Bought a cheap complete ages ago. I've replaced basically all of it but haven't bought new trucks. I've got a cruiser I've been using mostly so only need this one for using in parks.
>>
>>34329
Yes
>>
>>34333
>>34351
it really wont matter. his trucks aren't even going to touch anything (besides the other board components).
>>
>>34288
Theotis Beasley? Does he still skate?
>>
>>34302
>some of those guys rip when they finally shut up

I really hope I belong in this category, kek, although I doubt it.

Also, good vibes is good vibes, doesn't necessarily have to do with being high.
>>
>>34288
who cares, either 85 or 825 would work
fuck ppl get so autistic about their components
>>
>>34329
if you plan to actually try things, yes get real trucks for the park
>>
What’s worse: knee or back injury?
>>
>>34378
Back
>>
>>34288
You HAVE to get the 8.25 trucks. If the skatepark referee catches you with larger trucks (breaking rules 5C and 6D in the internation skateboarding association handbook) you will have to spend 15 minutes in the penalty box and have 3 points deducted from your run score. It is very important to follow all of the official rules in the sport of skateboarding, as consistency in training is extremely important in getting your stats up.
>>
>>34370
heres his baker 4 part https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPaYRti2tEY
I actually got his last years model, it was a 8.38 with steep concave and it was actually my favorite baker deck I ever skated I wish they made more steep concave decks. The 8.475 is standard mellow concave I cant believe they actually had that size made. I would like to try one of these squared noses/tail decks they just came out with but they didnt make any in 8.3
>>
>>34383
I want to watch this but the cropping is fucked
>>
>>34386
https://youtu.be/ekr1L94eQ1E?t=2805

note the timestamp
>>
>>34389
thanks homie
>>
>>34382
as dumb as this shitpost is im actually curious what the ultra cooperate skating competitions rule when it comes to board gear
>>
>skating is all physics based
damn it I was awful at this shit in highschool
>>
I skate 56mm 100a wheels. How do you picture me?
>>
File: bakerbuild4breakingbones.jpg (1.07 MB, 2687x1369)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
R8 noob board setup
>>
>>34415
Why did you buy more wheels/bearings if you’re just learning?
>>
>>34415
fucking horrible
every time I see that deck I know its some youtube fanboy whos going to quit within a week
>>
File: 1599512904751.gif (1.92 MB, 368x368)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB GIF
>>34416

I was buying softer wheels because lots of cracked asphalt and hills here. Bearings because salebro offered a set of Bones or G2s for $10 with the wheels as a discount.

>>34419
It was a factory complete Baker, it was $80 on sale, and I know it has a mellow concave. I'm a pragmatist, so I wasn't spending $40 more for a cool-lookin' Toy Machine that is going to get beat to shit anyways.
>>
>>34422
toy machine is just as bad youre one of the reasons skating turned sour
>>
>>34424
lol, what a jaded faggot.
>>
File: 1603627792311.gif (854 KB, 352x240)
854 KB
854 KB GIF
>>34419
>>34424

What the fuck should he buy then retard? sorry dude buy a blank board or it are a poser killing the sport.
>>34426
skateboarding is serious business. It can't be fun and you can't like things.
>>
>>34427
a real fucking deck with some style you basic twerp
looking like your mom picked you one up for christmas and drove you to the park so you can sit on your phone all day then get picked up

god damn this board is as cringy as reddit is with its bullshit fucking sack up you worthless posers
>>
>>34429
>your board needs STYLE
>your board needs SOUL
>your board is mass made in a factory
>>
>>34430
Yes.
>>
>>34422
That’s a pretty good deal for a complete.
>>
>>34431
post stylish decks then faggot
>>
>>34021
My sister has taken an interest in skateboarding so this weekend I'm planning on going to a skate shop so we can both get some decks. I'm 28 and never skateboarded in my life but I know how important it is to have at least someone to learn the basics with to get past the absolute shitter phase. I hope she enjoys it.
>>
>>34440
enjoy, both of you
>>
I’ve skated my current wheels down to 45mm, so I want to replace them. I’m thinking of moving to 56mm or even 58mm, is this a retard big jump? What is the general consensus on wheel sizes these days.

I ride a 9”, want more speed therefore bigger wheels
>>
>>34378
back
>>
>>34415
are those the 80HD spitfires? hurry up and skate them on some rough ground and let me know how they are. I might buy some.
>>
>>34445
56 ain't that crazy, but it's rare to see 58s on anything that isn't a cruiser. try 56s first.
>>
File: IMG-20210405-WA0000.jpg (1.09 MB, 1440x2560)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
LOCKDOWN IS CLASS WAR
>>
Are 102a wheels too hard?
>>
File: 1617877182421.jpg (34 KB, 600x600)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
is skateboarding good for fitness in general? i love running but id like to alternate days every so often with something else
>>
>>34456
101a is hard as fuck. even 99a is.
>>
>>34457
if you actually skate instead of sit around, yeah.
>>
do you reckon this is actually a decent price if i buy this and just replace the cheap chink bearings for decent ones?
>>
>>34460
Just pay to get something better. I ended up sinking way more cash getting a cheap complete as I had to replace basically the whole thing.
>>
>>34419
>baker youtube fanboy
what? your posts make no sense please stop getting mad at everyone you think is younger than you.

>>34457
watch a video of someone pushing around and deduce for yourself if thats a good way to burn calories (its not)
just get a bicycle retard.

>>34460
not a good price, nothing about that board is good. waste of 30 bong bucks. buy it so we can make fun of you
>>
>>34469
>nothing about that board is good

its 9 ply canadian maple!
>>
>>34469
i dont need to burn calories im not fat i just want something a bit less intensive than running thats also fun.. cycling isnt that
>>
>>34478
>i just want something a bit less intensive than running thats also fun
well fat it doesnt sound like you want to skateboard then. once again, get a bicycle retard, you can switch gears so its not as intense.

>>34474
lol is that what it says on "feefo"
>>
>>34478
Don't listen to the retard. It's fun. Just make sure to get soft and big wheels. You don't need small hard wheels unless you're doing tricks. Get a pre-built sector 9 or something.
>>
>>34478
don't listen to the retards here skating is fun and better exercise than cycling
if you don't want to do tricks consider a longboard/cruiser something with bigger softer wheels you can ride outside of the park
>>
File: smile.jpg (7 KB, 250x187)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>34493
lmao hey buddy>>34494
>>
>>34460
Buy once, cry once. At least get something like this.
> https://www.nativeskatestore.co.uk/skateboards-c7/complete-skateboards-c17/goodstock-neon-green-complete-skateboard-8-0-x-31-63-p54396
>>
>>34493
>>34494
i would like to do tricks, i just bought a minilogo complete hopefully it goes well!
>>
>>34460

Just get a globe goodstock complete
>>
are UK prices high or something? you can get a "brand name" pre-built complete for $75 here in the US, but they're like $100 minimum over there it seems.
>>
>>34329
Update: it did matter. All I was doing was trying to Ollie and it disintegrated. Any recommendations for good affordable trucks?
>>
>>34501
I like OG Venture Highs
>>
>>34501
Forgot pic.
>>
>>34500
no skateboards are made here so we have to deal with import costs and whatnot.
>>
>>34496
ah sick, luckily enough i live in newcastle so i can pick it up
>>
These look alright? Don't really know what the going rate is for trucks

https://www.skatehut.co.uk/clearance-1/skateboard-1/paris-trucks-co-street-skateboard-trucks-raw-raw.htm
>>
>>34507

They are very high trucks, they have an extended base plate making them about 58mm/60mm high. It might make it difficult for a beginner to use.

I would recommend these, I have had them before. They are the cheapest forged trucks available and are 52mm which is better for learning things like ollies since you are closer to the ground.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/fury-skateboard-forged-baseplate-truck-size-8-20-32-mm/_/R-p-144665
>>
>>34507
https://skateboardingismylifetimesport.blogspot.com/2013/12/paris-street-trucks-169.html?m=0
>>
>>34508
Thanks, I've got a 7.75in board though (small feet) and I think the smallest of those might still be a bit wide. Not sure though, I guess being a bit wider probably isn't too bad.
>>
>>34507
>>34508
I haven't owned a pair of Royal trucks in like a decade, but I used to skate them sometimes and they were good affordable trucks.
> https://www.skatehut.co.uk/skateboards/skateboard-trucks/royal-inverted-kingpin-skateboard-trucks-raw.htm
>>
>>34510
also, bullets are on the cheaper end, but they aren't garbage. sometimes the bushings seem really soft though. they come on all the snta cruz completes and I've skated on them before.
>>
>>34512
>>34510
> https://www.skatehut.co.uk/skateboards/skateboard-trucks/bullet-skateboard-trucks-black-130mm.htm
> https://www.skatehut.co.uk/skateboards/skateboard-trucks/bullet-skateboard-trucks-silver-130mm.htm
>>
>>34513
Looks great, thanks. I'll get those.
>>
>>34510

I skated the 8.0 on a 7.75” it works very well. Going +0.25” for your trucks; in fact I find it usually works better as you have a much more stable platform.

Only thing I will say about the fury evos is that they are insanely turny with conical bushings, like ace. So keep the barrels if want stability.
>>
>>34514
i get 10% student discount on skatehut if you want a code
>>
>>34516
Sure, thanks.
>>
>>34517
H6M4BER9
>>
>>34518
Nice, thanks m8
>>
Feel like I'm making good progress on my ollie. Not quite off the ground yet but it's feeling more comfortable. That stupid "learn to slide" video seems like a waste of time, I've got further just jumping over and over again and letting my front foot do its own thing.
>>
>>34457
Trying pushing up a hill (better yet, tic tac) and tell me your core and glutes don’t get rocked
>>
>>34503
>>34501
hahahahaha

>>34494
>>34493
pushing around on a cruiser or a longboard is less exercise than walking is. he doesnt want to skateboard he wants to exercise. if the guy runs on a daily basis hes gonna hate it when his ankles eventually gets fucked up. i dont know how in your minds learning to ollie or do tricks is less intense than running is but whatever.
lot of you idiots just started skating and would recommend a 80 year old geriatric take it up
>>
>>34525
shut up retard
>>
what has he quit /esg/??
>>
>>34525
Nobody is saying any of that. You are putting words in people's mouths. He said cruise around on a skateboard, not do tricks down stairs. Yes, walking is more exercist, but it's also slower and less fun. Relax bubble-boy, he clearly wants to try it and just wants validation. Do it. It's fun, and it's better than sitting indoors playing video games.
>>
anyone got that list of actual decent youtube skateboarders?
>>
>>34531
Luis Mora has a good channel(at least the older stuff) but I can't fucking stand the music or the clothing style. Otherwise it's a good vibe because it's basically just normal skating with friends and not some try hard type of shit, which is unique these days.
>>
>>34529
>He said cruise around on a skateboard, not do tricks down stairs.
He didn't say that at all. He asked if skateboarding was good exercise and I said no and you faggots chimed in with your cruise around and have fun bull shit. You're the one speaking for others. I answered his question simply and plainly. You can keep talking your flowery faggoty shit trying to convince yourself and others skateboarding is the perfect activity for everyone, Im going to give facts.
>>
does it actually matter if i ride goofy?
>>
>>34534
moving around is good exercise deal with it
stop being a gatekeeper faggot and let people have fun
>>
>>34537
You might get beat up at some parks in the bible belt that are still stuck in the 90s but other than that you're good.
>>
>>34538
>moving around is good exercise deal with it
lmao this is what fat people actually believe
>>
File: projecting.jpg (21 KB, 852x480)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>34542
i'm starting to think you don't even skate
>>
>>34543
shut up fat
>>
>>34544
what does owning 2 barely used skateboards prove?
>>
>>34545
i guess it proves im not fat
>>
>>34544
lmao itoddler won't even post the wear side
what a fucking poser
>>
>>34547
i would have to get up and walk over to flip it over
thats too much excersise
im too sore from yesterdays skate workout of pushing up hill for 3 hours straight
with 5 pound ankle weights on btw
>>
>>34500
fuck i'm in leafland and i just bought a complete for the first time since i was a teenager
i was going to put it together myself but when i started gathering the parts my subtotal was already over $400 and i wasn't even finished with it
i ended up finding the deck and trucks i wanted from the manufacturer in the usa for less than half that
the wheels and bearings aren't what i would have picked but for that price i can switch them a couple times over
>>
>>34500
the most expensive 'brand' name completes on all uk sites i can see hover around the £80-90 mark. once you get down to the £50 level which is around the same price as $75 you get basicall 3 brands.. enuff/birdhouse and the tony hawk branded ones
>>
>>34542
You're delusional. Skating, especially in the spring/summer when it's hot as fuck outside is very good cardio AND waist down workout. I'm not talking about cruising around the skatepark. Outside pushing for long distances will get you in shape like ANY other form of traveling under your own power. Want to see my ripped thighs?
>>
>>34548
If you still get sore from skating, you clearly don't do it everyday. You should have reached the plateau by now. Keep baiting.
>>
File: stephanie.gif (788 KB, 320x180)
788 KB
788 KB GIF
>>34558
anon...
>>
>>34558
i gotta rest for tonights workout man
im doing 100 ollies with a weight vest on
>>
>>34503
holy shit lmao
>>
>>34557
>Want to see my ripped thighs?
Ugh ok fine. Like if you guys want to post your legs then ok.
>>
>>34503
who ever thought plastic trucks was ever a good idea
>>
>>34565
I'm sure they are fine for small kids who just cruise, but it probably costs just as much to make as an affordable metal truck like Bullets.
>>
i bought a blank how do i make my skattboard look cool???
>>
>>34567
Draw a cat on it
>>
>>34567
paint pens or stickers/decals
>>
>>34567
cum on it and spray a clear coat over your cum
>>
>>34568
gross i want to look cool not like a faggot
>>
>>34568
good idea
>>
>>34571
>>34572
the duality of man
>>
>>34544
I used to have that car rewinder
>>
>>34566
If you're making it at scale in a shitty Chinese factory it's probably cheaper.
>>
>>34569
I don't even know where to get cool stickers from.
>>
>>34265
Skateboarding is ranked as being one of the least fatal sports ever, just learn how to fall and you'll live.
>>
>>34567
Write your name on it. Underneath your name write “is a fag.”
>>
>>34582
i broke my arm one time
>>
>>34528
April fools vid, he said he was gonna become a rapper
>>
>>34531
Dan Corrigan is pretty no-nonsense but it has a heavy vlog style and has clickbait titles, but he's a decent guy and makes good content
>>
>>34551
if you're not picky, the second hand market can be way cheaper if you shop around
>>
>>34585
I said "least fatal", meaning no matter what you won't die from it unless you're slamming your head from a huge gap (and even then you will likely live), all sports will result in injury eventually. Abrasions and bruises are common, broken bones are usually because of a freak accident or bad technique. What did you do, catch yourself while falling instead of absorbing it and rolling?
>>
>>34531
Zack Dowdy is a bit dorky but he does a lot of DIY concrete stuff. It's very useful information.
>>
>>34585
and yet you still skate, proving how fun it is.
>>
>>34590
>>34594
yeah i know guys
it was in jest
>>
>>34590
it was stupidity
i came down my driveway on my the way to school and went off the curb like i had done 1000000 times before probably only half paying attention to what i was doing but i fucked up somehow and fell backwards on the corner of the curb with my palm breaking the fall
>>
>>34601
I thought so, it's the most common break. Sounds like you weren't even going that fast so you wouldn't have the angular momentum to roll. Shitsux.
>Half paying attention
And that would be why. You gotta keep an eye out, even on familiar terrain. Shit can change at any time, and you could be riding on a slightly different line causing a hangup or whatever. The only way people can cruise about absent mindedly is because they live in an area that has good paving or they've got crust legs that know how to navigate unkempt pavement.

I would suggest that once you're confident in heading out again, find a really crusty hill to bomb. Or don't, I'm not your mother.
>>
>>34501
>>34503
I bet you're fat
>>
I'm fairly new to skateboarding and have an 8" Primitive deck as my first board. Was wondering how often people try other brands when it's time to get a new deck, or if it's better to just choose one and stick with them?

Do you change size at all, or have different sized decks for different job? I feel like I want to try an 8.25 as I have this reoccuring thought that it's a good size for cruising and doing flatground/skatepark stuff, but obviously I dunno what the fuck I am talking about so need to sanity check it. I slipped out on my current set up and slammed HARD and now I feel like a bigger deck would suit me better (although my gut tells me it's just cause I'm still new and shit and a different board won't fix this).
>>
>>34609
You're new and no amount of new product will fix it.
If you have money then buy whatever you want.
>>
>>34606
It's really sad that you give a shit, you sound really insecure about weight
>>
skate and die
>>
how to ollie??
>>
>>34613
think it's the same guy who got btfo earlier?
>>
>>34622
pop flick catch. oh wait maybe that's something else. idk.
>>
I'm thinking of buying a curb for some home slappies. What is the best way to make it slide well? Just slathering it in wax or painting it?
>>
>>34609
In the decades I've been skating, I just grab something new each time. they all feel "the same" if you wanna get real. takes about a couple of hours to get used to a new deck that's a different spec. the differences are on such a small level, you only notice if you TRY to notice. I don't change size back and forth though. Once I moved from a 7.75 to an 8, been there ever since.
>>
>>34630
paint then wax. buy the road paint like they use on the yellow center line. shit is slick.
>>
>>34612
Yeah, fair point. Fuck it, I do have money so I will get that 8.25 I've been looking at cause the graphic is nice.

Is there really much of a difference between brands, though? Not to make you skate better, just in the sense that it would feel different enough to have a preference.
>>
>>34634
what about masonry paint
>>
>>34609
I'm a noob and bought a wide (9'') board thinking I'd want to cruise and I'd say stick with a narrow one. The width makes things a bit more stable but it's way too big and heavy for tricks. I actually bought a narrow one for using in the park so now I have two boards when I really barely need one.
>>
>>34623
Lmao I'd bet, even money
>>34635
Not generally speaking. There's some specialty boards made of bamboo or carbon fibre but ultimately there's a reason companies tend to stick to maple, if it ain't broke don't fix it.
>>
>>34630
>buying a curb
just steal one
>>
>>34641
>way too big and heavy for tricks
Really? There seems to be plenty of pro's out there doing tricks on 8.5's and above, though.
>>
>>34639
maybe
>>
>>34650
if you want to cruise the biggest difference is in wheel size and hardness. a wider deck doesn't make cruising any better.
>>
>>34641

I have a 9” and you can definitely do tricks on them, I would Argue stuff like kickflips are easier as it rotates slower
>>
>>34630
No no no anon what are you doing? Take it from some old parking lot. Or just make one.
>>
>>34655
I don't know how you can get it off the ground. Mine weighs a ton.
>>
>>34657
Practice, admittedly I lost tres when I moved from an 8 to a 9.
>>
>>34644
>>34656
They’re $8
>>
>>34661
That's $8 you can save by checking bar and liquor store parking lots, grocery stores too occasionally. Check where people would drive drunk
>>
Do you need to secure the block to the ground? How do you keep it from sliding around?
>>
>>34664
Use superglue
>>
>>34664
where are you getting 8 dollar parking blocks from?
>>
>>34664
Ive got rubber matting so I’ll line it with that, the blocks are about 100lbs so it won’t move.
>>
Have you ever broken a board? Tell me your stories.
>>
>>34664
Construction adhesive is better bang for your buck
>>34665
How many tubes of super glue have you used for one curb?
>>
>>34669
Just a couple.
>>
>>34664
A shitload of duck tape
>>
File: 1522024079605.jpg (132 KB, 960x960)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
wew almost credit carded myself several times today learning slappy 50s.
I really need to stop trying to bail the moment I jam into the curb and and about to ride on up.
>>
>>34668
I've broken a zillion.
No super interesting stories tho.
>>
>>34661
Check you out, Mr Monopoly 1%er over here lads
>>
>>34668
it can be a common occurrence desu.
>>
Is there a big difference between 99a to 101a+
>>
What about aluminium wheels?
>>
>>34684
I can already feel my ears ringing
>>
>>34682
it's noticeable yes. 101s feel more icy, while 99s are more rubbery. I don't think I'll go back to 101s since 99s slide fine.
>>
will we ever get an NC vertbro webm?
>>
File: ndwrkt.webm (1.15 MB, 500x500)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB WEBM
getting better at my qp 180s but still not quite where i want it
>>
>>34682
To me yes. 101s on rough ground make for a terrible time. Even worse if they're skinny wheels.
>>
>>34664
its like some of you have never been outside
>>
>>34672
just squat low and stay on the board so if you fall you don't have far to fall.
>>
>>34682
depends on the manufacturer and specific wheel style/shape. sometimes a little sometimes noticeable
>>
>>34672
Try them slowly with a handplant at first. Gets you used to sliding the trucks up the coping and locking in without hanging up. You can plant closer to the curb over time putting more of your weight over it until you're basically just brushing it with your hand.

DONT DEWEIGHT
>>
>>34383
8.475 is a standard baker shorter wb shape (14.25) , it's named differently to differentiate from their standard 8.5 14.5 wb. maybe they are actually one fortieth of an inch narrower as well
>>
>>34690
nice, I tend to avoid stuff like that on qps/steep banks because of the slipout potential. hate falling like that. what shoes are those?
>>
File: 98673653097.jpg (63 KB, 640x465)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
I was thinking about how many lame people come to the skatepark (e.g. RC car bros), but I have never seen a photographer come to the skatepark and try to shoot photos for fun. would love if that happened and I could get a nice pic. has a photog ever showed up at your park? pic unrelated but kinda related.
>>
>>34292
umm like wow can you say kook alert??
>>
>>34700
>DONT DEWEIGHT
Any reason? Every slappy tutorial out there usually tell you to do some form of weight shifting or a tiny hop to get the trucks up
>>
>>34703
really?
i'm a /pee/ nerd but i always feel too autismo and dorky to go to the skate park with my gear (or my skateboard for, that matter) like i'll come off as a creep or something
>>
180s just piss me off it’s like I find the sweet spot for the pop but my shoulders won’t rotate fully and then when I finally rotate my shoulders my pop goes retarded
>>
i broke my arm when i was 16 and never got back on a skateboard. i’m 37 now and would like to start again. gonna look into the advice in the OP
>>
>>34707
Dont unweight drastically at least. You need some pressure to hold the board in place while you get into the grind otherwise you're just gonna slip out.
>>
>>34703
It blurs the line of 'my buddy shooting photos of us on the quarter pipe' to 'strange pervert following me around'
>>
>>34703
I haven’t stopped thinking about getting a dslr and a fisheye. Never been interested in photography but for some reason I’ve been obsessively thinking about it.
>>
>>34711
Rotate 90 degrees then revert the rest
>>
>>34709
If you don’t have them already get some business cards with your website/Instagram printed up. I know how dorky and awkward it sounds but they’re a simple but valuable tool for networking and seeming professional. Also, don’t shoot children.
>>
>>34702
im still a little scared if you can't tell - i could go higher up but i'm working towards it.
The shoes are eS Accel OGs
>>
>>34723
>Also, don’t shoot children.
Words of wisdom anon. Words of wisdom.
>>
ASKING THE ZOOMERS:

if a 30-something year old boomer showed up at your local park and tried showing off his ramps would you consider buying one from him? i've been thinking of trying an etsy-style business. commisions welcomed/encouraged. my plan is basically showing up one day with some shit in my trunk and letting kids try it out and probably just leaving them at the park to get stolen. do you think anybody would buy from me or would they just keep getting amazong plastic shit?
>>
why are zoomers like this?
>>
>>34736
this picture is confusing because it looks like travis barker from 1995
.. but then the phone
>>
>>34737
Time is a flat circle
>>
>>34736

idunno man, jimmy urine looks exactly like this and he's 51
>>
>>34743
That’s my point
>>
>>34730
What do you mean? You're going to show up with quarterpipes? What kind of ramps are in your trunk?
>>
>>34719
Nah bro I’m trying to do this off a bank and over something.
>>
>>34505
seems like that is a really untapped market.
>>
>>34528
Church of Scientology threatened to send him back to reprogramming.
>>
>>34589
this time i was being picky
i wanted to build a board i've been having a reoccurring dream about
>>
>>34703
Yeah, happened twice. Both at different parks but they were both community collage students out on an assignment. They were extremely nice about it when they asked so I was hyped to help.
>>
>>34703
I would say ask first and tell them what it's for.
"Can I take your pic I'm practicing my action shots" or "it's for class"
I have a few 35mm cameras myself but I don't want pictures of random dudes and don't trust other skaters with mine so we just use the gopro
>>
>>34730
Depends on how much you plan to charge. Not sure how much money you think skaters have, but there's a reason they keep getting the plastic shit.
>>
>>34581
don't buy the 100 pack of skateboard stickers off amazon
>>
>>34780
is this reverse psychology?
>>
>>34661
where are these 8 dollar parking blocks
>>
>>34781
no, they are shitty stickers and they make you look like a 9 year old who just got a walmart complete
>>
>>34690
Straighten up that 180 dawg
>>
>>34503
lol

buy some venture lows and new wheels also and probably new bearings.
>>
Thoughts on Luan Oliveira?
>>
>>34415
>made in china sticker
tfw
>>
>>34091
who are you quoting
>>
>>34672
i can't get backside but i got frontside on lock getting powerslides down helped me

you got this anon
>>
what are best wheel companies besides spirtfire?
>>
>>34812
besides spitfire*
>>
>>34812
bones
>>
How do you deal with shitty roads?
>>
>>34824

Softer or larger wheels
>>
What are the steps required for learning how to air on transition? Whenever I try it feels like my board will flick out and I will die.
>>
>>34825
Yeah but wheel bite and no pop
>>
>>34753
we don't have any trees
>>
>>34826
i dunno how people can skate in those sb's, they are so uncomfy
>>
>>34661
>>34782
yeah i wanna know where the fuck to get a curb for 8 dollars.
>>
>>34835
There’s a reclamation yard near me
>>
Is anything other than white for wheels uncool? Seems like non raw trucks get the uncool label too
>>
>>34839
I always liked black wheels because it doesn't show dirt as much, though frankly it doesn't matter much. Colors do tend to give off a "girly bike" vibe but that's really a personal preference thing
>>
>>34839
i heard that colored wheels wear down faster because of some material thats used in the coloring
>>
What material should trucks be made of? Does it matter?
>>
What's the point of bearing spacers?
>>
>>34839
I think orange wheels look cool
>>
>>34845
I like whatever aluminum alloy Indy and thunder uses, it shaves off a bit while grinding so you don’t get stuck on rough ledges unlike theeve’s titanium trucks. The magnesium ones from tensor are too light for me and don’t feel as good to grind but that’s personal preference
>>
>>34837
im assuming that means your buying a junk curb your gonna probably want to get a Rub Brick and smooth that shit out before you paint it.
>>
>>34837
>>34857
And wear a mask when you use it, concrete dust don't come out easy
>>
>>34858
ive never worn a mask but ill cover my face when i smack the dust away.
18 hell ya
>>
>>34609
It's all preference and opinion when it comes to trying new gear or when it's time to buy new gear.

I grew up shredding and working in a shop atmosphere. Close to the dudes on the "team". There's dudes who would set up new boards daily, and guys who would rock em to the break, even though they were getting free or heavily discounted gear.

I'm in the latter. I absolutely hate fresh shoes, grip, trucks, and wheels. A new deck is great even when my old one is in good shape but everything else I hate to switch up unless it's on its last leg.

Right now if your new learning to get comfortable riding is what's most important. A big board or a small board ain't gonna make a difference early on. Even if you got huge feet or are a bigger guy, learning to ride and push around comfortably shouldn't be a problem, learning to Ollie as well.

As long as your not falling off ALL the time you should be fine with with an 8. Your gonna fall alot learning to ride and push. I fell more leaning to ride the board then I did learning to Ollie.

Once you're comfortable and get the olly down and maybe some 180s and shuvs than start experimenting. But right now don't worry to much about finding your size. A wider board is a good platform for getting comfortable.

Once your comfortable and balanaced and ready to learn some advanced tricks and grinds you can move up or down in size. I know some big dudes riding bucking on 7.75 and some small dudes who rock 8.5+ flipping in and out of shit. It really ain't gonna matter until you ready for the next step.

If you got friends with different boards try those. But I wouldn't be worried to much about finding an ideal size right now unless you absolutely uncomfortable and unable to balance on the size your at.
>>
>>34861
That would be considered masking your face jsyk
>>
>>34785
I know man. its a work in progress
>>
>>34839
Colored wheels and paint your trucks yourself. Not being able to do any tricks is uncool.
>>
>>34870
thats not what they said when i got kicked out of zumies for not having a mask
>>
>>34894
Your sleeve is not n95 lmao, but hey enjoy your silicosis
>>
>>34690
I've been working on these as well. Took me quite a while to get over the coping because they feel scary as fuck, but ironically the faster you go, the easier they end up being. You have a greater moment of inertia where you slowly feel your self reaching a peak and then the fall back down. It's a window of time where you feel that you're floating and can make adjustments quite easy. My tip isn't to just go fast though, I tried that and it was too scary and felt awkward. It was only after doing what you're doing now over the course of months did I feel comfortable enough to keep shaping them straighter and how to throw myself upwards with the ollies to pop over the coping. Like a manual there's just a balance to it you've got to develop. Try learning disasters as a supplementary trick to learn. It'll help you get over the fear or locking up and they're an easier way to get that 180 up the ramp a smudge.
>>
File: frank.png (1.72 MB, 1265x673)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB PNG
>>34839
black grip, white wheels, silver trucks is seen as core or whatever. usually younger kids will have colored stuff and older skaters won't. but obviously there are exceptions, including franky villani who obviously rips. can't really think of other pros with colored wheels but I'm sure there are some.
>>
>>34913
and to take it a step further, a lot of people hate bright white bones wheels. spitties are more of an off-white that look more aged from the start.
>>
i know it sounds gay but how easy is it to draw on the grip
>>
>>34812
ricta and bones are probably with spitfire as the "holy trinity"
>>
>>34830
that's why you get wheels that aren't way bigger than the ones you normally ride. something like 56mm in 78 or 80 durometer and something with a rounded edge so it's similar feel to a street wheel. ricta clouds, spitfire 80hd, stuff like that.
>>
>>34826
don't start by popping too high OR too low on the ramp. too low and you don't get the same feeling because your board doesn't suck to your feet like it would if you were higher up on the ramp. too high and it's too scary becase you think you're gonna hang on the coping. I suggest learning on a 5 or 6ft quarter pipe. any smaller and it's not vertical enough. the more vertical the ramp when you pop, the more your board sticks to your feet because physics.
>>
god baker 4 was so boring they've really gone down hill
>>
>>34906
good tips.
When i was younger i didn't have access to skateparks so i only skated at schools or shopping centers.
Now that i'm trying transition stuff its like im starting all over basically
>>
File: 1617955405608.jpg (353 KB, 1600x1200)
353 KB
353 KB JPG
>>34826
made it
>>
>>34952
I would add Slap forum to that list
>>
>>34939
greco's solo shit is way better.
>>
>>34952
why is Baker on there? theyre a bunch of drug addicts.
>>
>>34971
exactly and they got black people on their team
>>
>>34969
funny reading old threads on there from not even that long ago and some of the based shit people used to say... now its reddit tier cringe
>>
>>34531
maybe not typical skate videos but I've been enjoying Chad Caruso's uploads
he's been traveling SA and ripping people's DYs and such
>>
Damn I didn't realise how good a workout learning tricks and cruising around is. I feel wiped out today, even my back hurts.
>>
>>34971
its that specific board
also need to put the revive red lifeline on there
>>
>>34952
who is the chinky looker on the right?
>>
File: whetstone.jpg (494 KB, 1000x1000)
494 KB
494 KB JPG
here's the aftermath of using one of those whetstones for scythes to prep a curb as the hardware store didn't have rub bricks
was just a few Euros and worked okay for the ~5 board lengths of curb I wanted to do, even though it snapped in half and probably won't be good for another
no good for chunkier curbs though, those will eat right through

stoked to wax it and learn some stuff on it tomorrow
>>
White men are so creepy.
>>
File: 1617955405608.jpg (423 KB, 1600x1200)
423 KB
423 KB JPG
revised
>>
>>35039
Why is Toy Machine and the protective gear on it?

Legit asking
>>
>>35047
ultimate signs of a redditor skater obviously
>>
I usually don't skate street spots but the other day noticed parking lot that was banked on one end with a short barrier behind the coping and the whole parking lot was kinda on a hill that led right into the bank plus the building it was a parking lot for had a long handicap ramp with a kinked rail leading to the building. Looked a little crusty and I'm wondering if I'll be able to skate it at all without the cops coming but it looks pretty neat
>>
>>34657
what's the wheelbase?
>>
>>34329
just buy thunders. Theyre simple and will last a few years.
>>
>>35047
toy machine is very political
shitting on helmets and pads makes those same people really mad for some reason
>>
Make a new thread op, let’s goooooooooo!
>>
>>34245
i can barely do fs 180s and can't do bs. I can ollie pretty high however. You wanna do a ninja kick kinda. Pop super hard and let your front foot kick in front of you as far as you can. Also, lift your back foot as high as possible.

This video changed the way I think about ollies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsMioe54fSI
>>
>>34370
>>34383
he was also in this Nike vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VtHuJn-MC8
>>
>>34445
I don't get why people like small wheels
Big wheels = big speed
>>
odds: go skate today
evens: don't
>>
>>35138
They make a lot of tricks easier to learn
>>
>>
>>35150
>>35150
>>35150
>>35150

new
>>
>>35013
John Hill. He's a skateboard youtuber that hangs out with the Revive boys.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.