[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 19 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

New board added: /pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: bodysurfing3.jpg (275 KB, 750x500)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
Bodysurfing is superior in every way to boardfags
>>
>>296
Is it even possible?
>>
>>359
Yea, just need some fins to get some speed to catch the wave. Then you lean on your leading hand and skim the water.
>>
Bump for risking your life
>>
>>616
Bumptoo, because it's the purest form of surfing, but boards are radical
>>
>>296
>Grandpa is a fat italian that can barely speak english
>Gut is huge but fairly in shape for his age
>Taught me to bodyboard when we went down to the beach together with my dad
>He catches a wave and takes off like a hairy killer whale chasing a seal
>All you could see that day is some old man, his son, and his grandson riding waves and having a good time
I have nothing against boardfags, I just love spending time in the ocean, catching a wave when I get bored and sliding back onto the beach like it's nothing.
>>
Broken neck general?
>>
>>296
totally different sports, not worth comparing
>>
>>1992
>>
>>296
Where do you even go to get real waves off the coast of west florida?
>>
>>4679
east florida
>>
Whats the general opinion on using a handplane? I was thinking of making one but not sure if I would really use it.
>>
>>296
I unironically love bodysurfing
>>
>>6341
handplanes are fun as fuck
go for it
>>
https://youtu.be/FhZ7TGdTfa0
>its real
what the fuck
>>
>>7491
It's a pretty popular thing to do at most of the beaches I go to, pretty much everyone does it. Recent years have been having a lot more people bringing fins going for bigger waves too.
>>
>>6835
What exactly do they do? Allow you to go a bit faster and catch bigger waves? Rarely see anyone using them.
>>
>>296
except you get 3 seconds per ride before closing out. maybe 5 at best.
>>
Unironically a great way to paralyze yourself.
>>
>>296
I think I found my new favorite board, no way in hell is body surfing comparable to board surfing man.
>>
>>7863
That brings back memories of bodyboarding and surfing at The Wedge in Newport/Balboa.
>>
>>296
Both are fun man let people enjoy the ocean as they want. Can't body surf big steep barrels you just don't have the speed.
>>
>>7945
they don't affect wave catching ability at all
they allow you to push down into the water so you're ilfting more of your body out and and in turn go faster and for longer
>>
>bodysurfing is superior in every way
Bodyboarders only put more of their body in the water when they want to create more drag to deliberately slow themselves down and surfers eliminate the problem entirely by standing on a board that keeps them out of the water completely.
It seems like bodysurfing on the other hand is basically built around the one aspect of surfing that creates the most drag: having your body in the water.
Don't get me wrong, I think bodysurfing is cool, but I wouldn't kid myself into thinking it's inherently superior in any way. Having said all that, if it's your thing, you enjoy it and you're not getting in anyone's way when you do it, then nothing else beyond that should really be a concern.
>>
>>296
its fucking full chad level
>>
what does the handplane add? I've always bodysurf with my body
>>
File: 324wsdfwe45.jpg (64 KB, 690x442)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>1748
>>He catches a wave and takes off like a hairy killer whale chasing a seal

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.