[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 39 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

is all rounder Meguru the most realistic and/or best manga about martial arts?
>>
Teppu has a pretty realistically depressing outlook on female MMA and also toned 15 yearold tummies
>>
>>27782
ARM is the most realistic, Tekken-Den Tough is the best.
>>
>>27795
>also toned 15 yearold tummies
There it is. Only took the first post.
>>
>>27795
>Jeff Kendall-Weed
Teppu also started before Ronda made womens MMA more popular, so the depressing outlook made even more sense back then
>>
>>27782
If you are into Japanese sword arts then Busou Shoujo Machiavellism is pretty good. Every style and techniques is real, the way they are described is also correct. The depictions of the techniques can be kinda wrong due to the animation being a bit bad, especially in the first few episodes. For example jikishinkage ryu's ryubi and aun breathing are shown incorrectly.
>>
>>27795
i thought teppu was kickboxing only
>>
>>27857
Nope, it's MMA. Read it. It's not long.
>>
holyland is pretty good, its about various martial arts being applied to street fighting.
>>
>>27888
Holyland isn't realistic though, certainly not as much as it tries to be. MC learns how to punch from a fucking book
>>
File: Cast.jpg (1.17 MB, 2252x1600)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
>>27801
To be fair Teppu somehow makes the tummies a bit unsexy(unlike real life ones). A lot of the fighting girls are too lean or too toned.
Sometimes hard to see MC as a cute girl when she's so flat with washboard abs
>>
>>27782
You already posted it
>>
>>27782
Karate minoru is fun, but very biased against grapplers
>>
>>28048
It also has gay rape in it

Ruined the manga for me
>>
>>28105
>>
Kengan Ashura/Omega isn't the most realistic but it's one of the best that I've read.
>>
File: tenor.png (52 KB, 526x640)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>28140
Why the fuck do you have to torture me like that
What did i ever do to you
>>
>>28141
You should read more manga NOOB
>>
>>27782
Yawara is great, I've only watched the anime but if the manga is as good it's fantastic.
>>
>>28333
The manga is rarer to find then a Sack of free diamonds, in and off the internet

I think it's not even fully translated
>>
>>28105
Only as a joke for a couple of early chapters, Pedro is eternally cockblocked after that.
>>
File: 1913760-kiiba.png (1.01 MB, 654x960)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
I like Kokou Tekken: Tough. The sequel manga is way better than the original, but I like it more than Baki (less than Kengan tho)
>>
>>28048
>>28105
It also has a tranny that beats the shit out of the gay rapist. It's great
>>
>>28425
liking something "more than baki" is like saying positive number X is "higher than 0"

the only worth the manga has is making fun of the awful art
>>
>>28427
Sounds abs. retarded
>>
>>27782
it's not MMA but I would recommend Ippo for boxing.
>>
>>28425
Absolutely not, the original is miles ahead of the sequel.
>>
>>28490
Another recurring gag is that the karate sensei has really terrible hemorrhoids and how this impacts his fighting
>>
>>28453
Yeah, but Baki used to be pretty good, especially the art style. Early Baki chapters are kino

>>28490
It is. Fortunately the tranny and the rapist aren't majorly important

>>28572
You are wrong and your opinion is bad
>>
>>28604

>>28604
>>>28453 (You)
>Yeah, but Baki used to be pretty good, especially the art style. Early Baki chapters are kino

please report to the nearest sterilization facility because your garbage taste could be hereditary
>>
>>28618
My kids will realize Baki isn't good after the Death Row Inmates arc? Can't wait for them to breed your lesser kind out :^y
>>
>>28425
Tough is great. I still remember that page in the sequel where he eats bland food and explains he eats for gains not fun. Kiibo absolutely /ourguy/
>>
>>28640
Reading about nadashinkageryu's acupuncture and shit was super relaxing for me. When I first read Tough I was training judo at some place that does "danzan ryu," which is some judo-massage combo so it felt bretty cool.
>>
>>28604
>You are wrong and your opinion is bad
The original has all of the best fights and much more emphasis on actual martial arts instead of ki bullshit.
>>
>>28664
The ki bullshit doesn't show up until lategame. Even the autistic shit they tried to push in the forest tournament arc was pretty mellow. And besides, big boy Kiichi is just so much more handsome and cool.
>>
shinchan
>>
Shamo is excellent if you remove the China/chi bullshit and the last arc.
>>
>>28834
Isn''t that the one where he goes to jail for killing his parents lol
>>
>>28105
Hot
>>
>>28697
You're right that the forest tournament is still good, but I still think that the fights in the original were better, and I prefer the arcs there too. It really feels like the Author didn't know where he wanted to end the story.
>>
>>27966
This. And there is this guy who manages to win against a guy with a knife completely unscathed.
>>
>>27798
ARM?
>>
>>29335
Based on context clues, All Rounder Meguru
>>
>>28495
Ippo uses too many outdated techniques.
>>
>>28838
yeah thats the one
>>
>>30382
isn't that believable because it takes place in Japan though
>>
>>30402
Japan has always had a strong boxing scene and currently one of the top 3 pound for pound guys comes from there (Inoue)
>>
>>29335
>>29369
Yeah, All-Rounder
>>
>>27782
holyland is good for karate wank. breaker is just an easy read.
>>
Is there any good manga that gives grappling at least as much importance as it does to striking?
>>
>>31004
don't most that focus on mma? ARM has several tournaments in it that are only grappling no strikes
>>
I could beat the FUCK out of everyone here
>>
It's gotta be Cestus. Ancient Roman slave boxing AND Imperial intrigue? Count me the fuck in
>>28838
but doesn't go to jail for rape
>>
>>27968
>pigeon-toed
Why do people think this is cute
>>
>>28604
>>28048
>It is. Fortunately the tranny and the rapist aren't majorly important
They still keep the rapist on the team, even though he provides no value.
At least the ninjutsu fanatic is out there getting intel on other fighters.
Counterpuncher Best Boy
>>
>>27966
Holyland is fairly realistic since, to be fair, the guy only goes against untrained guys in his weightclass and gets his shit kicked in all the time by people who actually knew what they were doing.
>>
>>31004
Teppu has BJJ comps as part of its story, both gi and nogi
>>
>>32956
>and gets his shit kicked in all the time by people who actually knew what they were doing.

His first two fights are against people who should have absolutely run through him
>>
>>32980
The judo guy could of kicked his ass he just did not follow upon the ground and kept letting him get back up. Plus the throws would have been enough to finish him as well if he did not have his backpack breaking his fall. I forget who the 2nd guy he fights is.
>>
>>33005
Shogo is the second guy
>>
>>27968
Damn, I didn't know Ringi's dad was so huge
>>
>>27968
Why does she need to be attractive to you. It's a sports manga, not an ecchi.
>>
>>32956
>the ultimate knife defense is a somersault

Nah
>>
>>27966
I dropped Holyland part of the way through, but I kinda want to pick it up again.
>>
>>27966
He's autistic so its okay.
>>
>>28834
Nah leave the China arc in but substitute it as the real last arc.
>>
>>34413
I think the original tactic of switching between high feints / low strikes and vice versa would have been the best self defense technique for dealing with an opponent equipped with a knife. I can't think of much else that keeps you relatively safe from getting stabbed or slashed.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.