[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 26 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

anyone else shoot action pistol? USPSA/IPSC?
>>
>>25154
>>
File: GMPS Stage 1 11820.webm (2.72 MB, 854x480)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB WEBM
>>25155
>>
File: smok&hop.webm (2.68 MB, 534x300)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB WEBM
>>25156
>>
>>25158
>>
who can afford that, you could eliminate ammo costs by shooting lasers or something but you have to spend thousands on ammo to get gud because hicks are thrilled by bangs
>>
>>25213
>not being thrilled by bangs
what are you gay
>>
it's actually much less expensive per hour than typical, casual range shooting, you might shoot 100-200 rounds in an hour doing a casual range trip, if you attend a USPSA/IPSC match you will be shooting about 20 rounds per hour, so a 5 stage level 1 match that takes 5/6 hours uses 100 rounds of ammo
>>
>>25213
Post groups
>>
The matches are way too far for me but it seems fun.
>>
>>25221
That's not counting how much you need to practice to stand a chance. Like I play hoops with a buddy at the range every now and then but we are on even footing. Driving 4 hours and getting raped by someone with a private range/ sponsorship/ a ton of money isn't appealing to most people.
>>
File: hob.webm (1.94 MB, 640x800)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB WEBM
>>25258
I mean, to participate and get better and win you don't need a bazzillion rounds, you do need autistic dedication to training and lifestyle commitments, but those are not massively financially weighted.

It's like, golf level of financial commitment, but much more intensive on the time and training side I'd say
>>
>>25258
the practice you need in order to stand a chance doesn't cost money. dryfire is free.
>>
>>25154
is it possible to do that kind of shooting casually or is the goal always to compete? it looks like a "cool" way of going to the range or learning how to shoot properly.
>>
>>25258
>>25288
Dryfire is free. If you're really tight on money, just buy an airsoft copy of your gun, and train with that.
>>
>>25435
I want to start and I think its more of a marathon, like I probably wont ever win but its more against myself than getting a title.
>>
>>25438
/Thread
>>
>>25435
unless you throw out shot timers there will always be the hits and the time and in that the recipe for competition.

I shot a cool indoor match on the out skirts of Boston Mass today, cool club, fierce competition and a good range of stage styles, here's one of the more "action packed"
>>
>>25264
>the fucking nod
gets me every time
>>
>>25593
and the other "field stage" of the match, which are generally the more exciting to spectate.

big props to the course designers who get these stages up and safe to shoot in the most inconvenient of circumstances.
>>
God I wanna do this so badly. I miss dynamic range from my security guard training days
Is it really expensive?
>>
I don't like the beepy timer things. They ruin the fun
>>
File: bobv all 3 hands_1.webm (1.15 MB, 640x360)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB WEBM
>>27211
not at all, a lvl 1 match is like $20-$30 and you will use 100-140 rounds of ammo

find matches via practiscore

>>28638
if you are not shooting on a timer you are ignoring one of the largest measurable components to the skill of shooting
https://practiscore.com/dashboard/home
>>
a sport for all ages!
https://youtu.be/MldH3zikhoE
>>
>>28820
lol he almost made a swastika
>>
>>28837
You've got any videos of little girls doing this?
For science haha
>>
>>31168
there are qt13 GMs out there that would dunk on you anon

my not so cute final indoor stage of the season
>>
>>31636
Oh I know. Some women are damn good at precise things like shooting. A lot gooder than me for sure.
>>
>>25435
>is it possible to do that kind of shooting casually
Yes, just like how there are casual, competitive, and professional participants in most other sports.
>>
Shame not enough anons here do practical shooting. It's such a cool pastime
>>
File: gun.webm (2.94 MB, 1280x720)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
plebs
>>
>>25435
You could always just go compete and expect to lose, just kind of slow walk it and enjoy it, instead of worrying about your time
>>
I want to, but my gay ass province keeps locking down
>>
>>25154
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhjZk4EnSZM
>>
>>41237
Why is every gun thing infested with crossfit shitters? Those cunts manage to crawl their way into LEA and special forces training jobs too fucking often.
>>
>>41261
>crossfit shitters
i didnt realize this was a thing. i thought the crossfit meme was a rushed workout thing
>>
>>41271
Oh it's real. There's an infestation of these types everywhere. Just gotta look for the signs, man. They try to blend in, but the manbun, vibram finger shoes and the weird approach to exercise always betrays them.
>>
>>42111
>manbun, vibram finger shoes and the weird approach to exercise
I feel personally attacked and I'm not even a crossfitter.
>>
>>42115
>manbun
>feeling personally attacked
you should, that shit is retardedly hideous.
>>
>>42196
It works if you have a good jawline and facial aesthetics. I was wearing it years before the hipster trend started, less so since it's become a meme but it's still the most practical configuration for long hair in some settings.
>>
File: Peasant.gif (2.1 MB, 330x166)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB GIF
>>42199
>It works if you have a good jawline and facial aesthetics.

no. refer to my picrelated, HHH has it down in a ponytail where it should be if a man has long hair and needs to restrain it temporarily.

that is manly and in that gif even classy.
manbuns are horribly tacky and gay, its just that everyone is too polite to say it to your face in real life bro.
>>
>>42201
A ponytail gets in the way of training collar chokes and high grips in judo so I started using a topknot--I used to get compliments on the hairstyle regularly until the hipsters started doing it. At work a ponytail or braid can be a liability so I started using a low bun, but that's hidden under a bandanna and a reversed hardhat. At the range I usually just leave my hair down or put it in a basic ponytail or braided ponytail, depending on what all I'm wearing on my head and how bad the wind is that day.
>>
>>42208
>At work a ponytail or braid can be a liability
i know a guy with a midback long ponytail that does outdoor blue collar work hes never had a problem. but i suppose its possible.
>in the way in judo
hope you never actually get in a fight because the second someone gets a good hold of your hair your fucking toast unless it rips off.
>>
>>42209
>hes never had a problem
I'm guessing he's not a weldor or a fitter.
>hope you never actually get in a fight
Me too, that'd be legally and possibly medically inconvenient. Long hair worked well enough for the Spartans so I'll take my chances.
>>
>>42208
I'm surprised it's judo. For flaming manbun crossfit faggots BJJ is all the rage
>>
>>42440
I don't do crossfit so that's probably what saved me from blowjob jitsu. I did give myself rhabdo once so they probably consider me some kind of shameful honorary crossfitter.
>>
>>25154
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7gsMc680bo
>>
>>42322
>Long hair worked well enough for the Spartans so I'll take my chances.
Not against the Thebans, Macedonians and Romans it didn't

As soon as the game went beyond traditional hoplite phalanxes the Spartans couldn't deal with shit
>>
>>43309
By that point their society had fallen away from the reforms set forth by long hair advocate Lycurgus which had propelled them into greatness.
>>
>>25154
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEJdY_f4f18

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.