[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 16 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: deane vs borkowski1.webm (2.57 MB, 640x360)
2.57 MB
2.57 MB WEBM
drifting is pretty extreme so post them cars going sideways
>>
File: chippu1.webm (2.46 MB, 1280x720)
2.46 MB
2.46 MB WEBM
>>22100
>>
File: 20201221143013_1.webm (2.48 MB, 1280x592)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB WEBM
>>22101
>>
>>22102
>>
File: close.webm (2.64 MB, 1280x720)
2.64 MB
2.64 MB WEBM
>>22104
public roads in broad daylight btw
>>
>>22100
bump for interest.
wanted to build a driftstang with an extra 5-10k ever since watching chrisfix do it.
>>
>>22104
I recognize that run
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXM7U84FhR4
>>
>>25093
go ahead man, plenty of fun awaits.
>>
>>22100
well yes, but also >>>/o/
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR-6HUSYv5Y
>>
I REALLY want to get into drifting but im a poorfag atm and a lot of my car money has been going into fixing my 300c.

What are some good entry level cars? How do you go about building a car for drifting?
>>
>>27842
it depends where you live, but generally drift cars are all the same. for a relatively cheap price you can find e36/e46's, miatas, 350z's, maybe an old 240sx, among others.

once you get the car upgrade suspension, brakes (if necessary), tyres, and do a general engine check to see if it needs some minimal upgrading or maintenance changes aswell.
now slap a limited speed diff or a welded one and youre good to go.

the problem with drifting and cars in general is mad expensive (parts, maintenance, cars themselves, crashing, etc.), so you could just build a simrig for much much much less and still enjoy drifting if you dont got the time or money to actually dedicate it to it.
>>
File: SCCArunoffs.jpg (227 KB, 1000x580)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
>>22100
>Spend money on a car and a shit ton of performance parts
>Use them to crawl around at a snails pace while wasting a rear set of tires

Complete waste of money. Find a track and learn racecraft, its so much more fun than whatever the hell this is. If you want to slide around, wait for it to snow so you don't fuck your tires.
>>
>>28275
Also, fuck drift queers for hiking up the price of once affordable, fun, FR Japanese shitboxes because "MUH JDM BRO".
>>
>>22100
Driftbros I've been risky these last few days. I was driving home from a girl's place and I decided to zoom home. I accidentally ZOOM'd around a corner managed to get the back to slide up that hill. It was the first time I ever drifted and I somehow did it in an automatic fwd. It was terrifying and exhilarating. Literally all 30 minutes of what I knew about drifting kicked in to help me not die.
>>
File: boomer racer.jpg (11 KB, 233x216)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>28275
you acting like grip racing is much better
>buys mx5
>spends 14k making it a racecar
>goes on a push lap
>steps on grass sligthly while braking
>binned.png
>another 10k to fix it
>becomes pic related

at least a drift car is built with crashes in mind, thats why theyre called missiles. that is unless youre james deane, then you build your 1200hp s15 with entering drifts at 120kmh in mind.
>>
>>22100
>drifting is pretty extreme so post them cars going sideways
I have never seen this version of racing before but heard of it. The guy on the right clearly has the advantage because he had the first inside turn and since its drifting he can hold the other guy behind at bay the entire race. So For him to have the right side at the start. He should also be held as the primary position and should be given left start for the next competitor he races or this sport SUCKS.
>>
>>28355
this kind of comp drifting is not about finishing first. each battle is done twice, each driver gets to chase once and to lead once. the leader's objective is to do a perfect run, hitting the clips and basically not even acknoledge the chase driver. chasers' objetive is to follow as close as possible the leader, no need to follow hit clips. you gain points based on your performance, and whoever finishes both runs with more points wins.

in the video i posted leader does a close to perfect run while chaser is literally on his door for basically the whole thing.
>>
>>27832
Videos like this and maybe Noriyaro are the only things that make drifting tolerable, everything else about it just seems so faggy.
>>
>>22100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qwybKO6esw
>>
>>33015
these niggas are fucking crazy
>>
>>27842
g35's, 350z's, 240sx's, ls400's and beemers are common where I'm at. Any rwd car "could" be used but you usually prefer cars with good weight distribution. As for mods needed for drifting the only one you really need is driver mod, i.e. seat time. A lot of the better drifters out in my city started out with open diff, automatic cars, so that disproves the idea that you NEED to upgrade your shitbox before going out, just watch videos on youtube/insta and see if theres any local meets in your area.
>>
>>28289
thats just a powerslide not a drift.
>>
>>22100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBXGO3QZFTQ
>>
>>28277
If you think drifting is why JDM is so through the roof expensive you are retarded. Most JDM owners don't drift at all.
>>
>>28289
you were in a high gear and turning uphill. so you were in a high gear, and were stepping on the brakes going around a corner.
turning + engine braking + actual braking, and overcooking a corner entry is a list of things to do to get the weight to transfer to the front, and turning kicked out the rear. what you did is called "lift off oversteer" its much easier going downhill, because the slope automatically makes your center of gravity closer to the front. Lift off oversteer is pretty much the only way to rotate a fwd car, short of a handbrake.
>>
>>22100
pmsl this looks retarded
>>
>>28353
you're either underage or a euro. it's very obvious.
literally just got done racing a miata at daytona and it cost less than 10k and it was so much more enjoyable than any drift event i've been to.
>>
>>36795
>he claims 14k racecar
>you claim 10k racecar
idk why youre calling him the poorfag, out of your guys' fantasies he had the better car.
>>
File: 20210410_110249.jpg (2.18 MB, 4032x2268)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB JPG
>>36799
not posting our car but definitely not a fantasy. here's a car that was next to us. ours cost 7500 and ran last year so it was all almost up to date as far as safety equipment goes

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.