[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 44 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: targets-header.jpg (382 KB, 1500x800)
382 KB
382 KB JPG
/DGG/ Disc Golf General
>What is disc golf?
Its golf but with frisbees or discs. Generally played at parks that have free courses.
>What do I need to get started?
A disc and some shoes to walk around comfortably. (You should probably also bring some water anon and maybe download UDisc for a scorecard, or print / make your own)
>I'm new what disc should I buy?
Pretty much any decent frisbee or disc will get you out and playing. Don't buy a starter set immediately, instead buy an innova skeeter as its a pretty easy to throw disc for a beginner and then buy more discs from there.
>Are there courses around me?
Almost certainly, check https://www.dgcoursereview.com/ for a pretty comprehensive list of courses and recommendations as to what ones near you are good.
>I bought a starter set and cant throw these things straight or far at all!
Go onto youtube and lookup guides idiot. Also learn to throw your putter first. It's most likely the easiest disc to throw in your bag and just because it doesnt fly as fast as a fairway or driver disc, It'll probably fly farther as It WILL fly straighter.

Most people you meet out on a disc golf course are gonna be pretty chill guys who'll either help you out if u get a disc stuck in a tree, or even give u a quick tip if you're new.

Feel free to post photos from your local courses or discs.
>>
Picked this up as a hobby recently. Pretty fun time.
>>
Why are these goals so fucking ugly? Who is responsible for these eyesores?
>>
Only on 4chan would golf be considered an extreme sport
>>
It's finally getting nice enough that I can go out! I'm in the new river valley in the US and there are a few courses that are just absolutely gorgeous. I'll take some pictures if it's warm enough to go this weekend.
>>
>>19683
Where did you find this atrocity of a photograph?
>tone mapped to shit
>fuck-off CA
>crooked
>off center
Makes me associate your thing with vomit.
>>
>>19683
>hippie disk golf
>extreme
Yeah right
>>
>>19757
>>19886
Well with /asp/ gone there really isn't a home for discussion on this fun . I'm curious as to where else OP should post this general if not here.
>>
bump
>>
>tfw left my discs in my car and they all got warped
Fuck
>>
Truth > Buzzz >>>>>> Roc
>>
Anyone got tips on the best thing to keep in your bag for getting a disc out of a tree?
>>
>>21453
I've heard slingshot, lacrosse ball, baseball are effective
>>
>disk golf
>extreme
back to /asp/ faggots
>>
>>21453
golf ball or tennis ball
never throw another disc to get one unstuck, that was my brothers way of doing it and it drove me crazy
>>21153
fuck yeah dude
i miss my 3 truths, one beaten to shit emac, one brand spankin new and the other only had a year of use on it
>>
>>21453
>>21455
I keep one of these in my bags and seems to work pretty well when it's happened https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HVMVM49/
>>
>>21457
/asp/ is dead. where else are we to go?
>>
>>22047
Don't respond to their shitty bait, as long as Marbula 1 gets to be here, so does /dgg/
>>
has anyone tried to play a round with a big kahuna before, or any other very large and heavy disc? If so was it a good learning experience?
>>
>>22292
probably not, disc weight directly affects how it flies so if anything you'll just get good at throwing that disc specifically
i find that doing mid range and putter rounds are the figurative twin to the "kung fu weighted clothing" so to speak
>>
Bump for Discraft gang
>>
Rubbersoul#9150

LF east coast friends
>>
File: golfum.jpg (226 KB, 720x1280)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
me btw
>>22646
>>
>>22648
Whats in ur bag homie?
>>
>>23214
Kush and an Aviar
>>
>>19757
We play with sawblades.
>>
>>19757
The extreme part is trying not to get caught by a park ranger while drunk or high
>>
>>23315
unironically this
>>
>>21453
I use a fatmax tape measure
>>
Who do you guys have winning Waco? I think Eagle edges out McBeth and Heimburg late.
>>
>>23957
Nice
>>
>>24584
>he fell for the PDGA meme
sorry bud this sport is at its peak when ur drunk in a public with your boys trying not to snipe a kid on his razor scooter with your driver
>>
this is the ultimate stoner sport
>>
>>25957
This is the ultimate sport, fren
>>
File: Kona_panis_interview.jpg (159 KB, 1500x800)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>
>>25140
based and redpilled
>>
>>25140
Based drunkard
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3JEhdo23vA
>>
>>21453
slingshot and some buck shot / gravel
>>
>>21455
>>21461
>>27360
are you not worried about damaging a disc with a direct hit?
>>
>>27379
It's that or leave it in the tree. They're pretty tough and resistant to impacts so it doesn't hurt them too bad.
>>
>>27379
the most expensive disc in my bag is $15. I'm never super scared of damaging one. I end up buying a new set every other year.
>>
>>28023
speaking of disc prices, imagine spending more than $20 for a disc
>>
>>25957
Took my dog out with me yesterday. I guess he ate someone's joint roach. He threw up in the kitchen in the evening and it smelled like weed; he was so high he couldn't stand up straight. He slept like a rock.
>>
>>27379
nah dude discs are made to hit trees a certain amount of times, they can handle a golf ball hit
>>
>>19683
great game to play while on LSD
>>
>>28039
I dont even think I could name a $20 disc of the top of my head If asked
>>
>>28270
Custom dyes from dd start at $30 but that's a specialty case. pix not my disc
>>
>>28039
>>28270
The most i've paid was 25 i think. They found more first run d-line p2:s so i got one for myself. The 25 might've included shipping though, can't remember.
>>
File: fairway obstructions.jpg (251 KB, 1328x747)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
I had to skip this hole for fear of damaging a bird
>>
>>28694
All birds deserve the rope.
>>
>>28694
Just float putt instead of spin putt ez
>>
>>28694
to be fair thats a fucking retarded spot for a hole.
>>
>>28203
Nice
>>
>>28694
Bumping for anon who actually posted a photo of him out on course
>>
when i first started playing, i had a sudden need to poop one time and pooped 40 long of the basket thinking no way could anyone throw that far
it was like a 500' par 4
>>
If you can’t throw 400ft you are a faggot.

Innova Corvette goes further and straighter than the Destroyer.
>>
>>30728
dude throws a corvette and calls other people fags lmao
>>
>>30728
valkrie and discraft xs
>>
>>30728
>innova
>>
All these people grilling my 400+ throw. You will never out drive me. You shoot over par consistently. I will throw my innova corvette every day. You probably only started playing last year. You probably think Brody Smith is cool.
>>
>>31944
sounds like puttlet cope to me
>>
>go to secluded little 9-hole in the woods, my little zen spot
>doesn't get much traffic normally
>3 dudebro fags screaming and swearing can be heard the whole course over
FUCK
UNGROW THE SPORT
>>
>>32320
>me and my boys get absolutely shitfaced before our round
>having a great time dicking around and hitting each other with my Big Kahuna
>some faggot virgin starts crying a couple of holes over because we had the audacity have fun
>>
>>19683
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULczFFENOy8
>>
Looing for a new full set, anyone has a decent rec?
>>
>>33826
Are you a beginner? I just started this year and I got the Innova DX set and it's pretty solid for a new guy.
>>
>>33826
>teebird in preferred plastic
>buzzz/roc3 in preferred plastic
>whatever putter feels good in your hand
>>
>>32320
based dudebros gettin' rowdy
>>
>>19683
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0kTFdvU0T8
>>
>>33826
Just get a Lat 64 Pure and throw that until you can pick a line and hit it
>>
What's the consensus on paid courses? Anyone tried them or think they're worth it?
>>
>>37466
they switched to paid courses in madison, wi. people switched to playing illegally and not playing at all. i cant REALLY blame them. sure theres an upfront cost to putting in the baskets, but the upkeep on a disc golf course is about the same a city park anyway, and already covered by taxes. it was viewed as milking the public.
>>
>>37466
if it's on private property it's w/e
if its on park land i just park and don't pay
no one's watching the box anyways
>>
>>37466
I’ve played a few and they were a lot of fun but idk how often I’d play if a majority were pay to play. If it’s a large course and it’s cheap I’ll probably play more often than not i mean a course like delaveaga charges $2 for parking which is nothing considering the caliber of course it is
>>
bunny on the course
>>
-60' hole lol
>>
File: IMG_20210404_102544__01.jpg (3.02 MB, 2732x2285)
3.02 MB
3.02 MB JPG
would be a SHAME if your disc got stuck here
(I threw it right in and it happened...)
>>
Which holes would you be interested in seeing?
Courses are a bitch right now, basically if you have non-neon colored discs you can kiss them goodbye. Lost one of mine last weekend but found someone else's too.
>>
>>38376
what are you afraid of getting doxxed with people knowing what course youre at? the only people who would give a fuck are disc golfers, and ones close enough to drive by and honk at you will recognize that map anyway.

whats the point?
>>
File: 7368-2.jpg (26 KB, 500x500)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
Got one of these last weekend too. I'm a lot better at keeping midranges from turning so I hope this one will do.
>>
File: IMG_20210421_101945__01.jpg (1.94 MB, 2556x3020)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB JPG
>>27379
Have you not winced every time you whack a tree at full power? It can handle a slingshot.
>>28203
I can't handle it on LSD but shrooms/weed are absolutely great for going out and shooting 10 or 12 holes
>>28694
>river right next to the basket
fuck that
>>30728
fuck off innova is shit, pic related
>>31944
guarantee you shout obscenities when you miss a 15 foot putt
>>32320
>>32326
kek
>>37466
haven't played any but fuck that if it's on park property. I pay taxes for the parks like anyone else.
>>38377
Yeah I don't know why I did that, just habit. It's Christiansburg VA if anyone wants to come throw.
>>
>>38379
>Have you not winced every time you whack a tree at full power? It can handle a slingshot.
true, but thats less energy over a bigger area. a slingshot has a ton of energy packed into a tiny surface area. more inclined to dent or damage imo.
>>
>>38380
>less energy over a bigger area
I'd disagree, the point of contact when you whip a disc into a tree is only a very small part and at the very rim of the disc. It very rapidly yet elastically shrinks and expands to withstand the load (of which is however fast you threw it at a tree, which isn't necessarily a completely inelastic surface either but much more unforgiving than the disc if sufficiently large) and the area affected is a relative edge. When you shoot a slingshot or throw a baseball at a stuck disc, you're much more likely to hit a face which is a much larger area. I can't speak for the speed of the slingshot but I wouldn't use anything super fast obviously, and my projectile wouldn't be anything heavier/more damaging than a tennis ball.
>>
>>38381
a tennis ball or baseball would be fine, just too big for a lot of slingshots.

when im using a slingshot im thinking of either stainless ball bearings in various sizes, or rocks from pea gravel size on up to around a pingpong ball size.

carrying a baseball in our disc bag is what me and my buddies did when we played alot.
>>
>>38382
yeah I wouldn't use any of those small things, agreed.
but how about something like this eh? I used to pitch baseball but even I can't be fucked to throw a baseball up and down like a twat until I succeed
>>
>>38383
>the pic
fucken kek when i get a dog again im getting that shit. looks better than the stick.
as for your question though, now im wondering how much of a pita it might be to carry that fucker around for 9 or 18 holes.
>>
>>38384
my dad has one and he sits in a chair shooting it left and right in his backyard to his dog, she brings it back, he shoots it again further, sips his beer, and repeat. he says it's one of the best things he ever bought since he has a bum throwing shoulder.
don't know if I'd carry it around either though. I only carry a cheap little drawstring bag with 6 discs in it so I don't have the room. Would probably have to get a dedicated bag as well if I got one. imo the shape is worse than the weight.
>>
>>38385
yea it looks like it weights like 1-2lbs, but its not compact at all. youd need a backpack for it.
>>
>>19683
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0-r_nAUijU
>>
>>38376
do people actually play with anything not absurdly coloured?
>>
>>38443
the disc I picked up for someone was very standard burnt orange and black. Was shocked I found it so close to an open area but also not because it was a silly color to have now or in the autumn.
personally mine are all bright pink or neon yellow/green aside one of my putters which is red.
>>
>>19840
>It's finally getting nice enough that I can go out!
I played all winter, grow a pair of balls!
>>
>>21453
yeah, they're called tree branches, perhaps you can find out out there
>>
>>28039
25 for some glows, that's about the top
>>
>>38379
I fucked a prodigy f7 with two throws directly into a tree, damn near bent it in half. that 200 plastic is like play doh.
>>
>>39291
based
>>
File: IMG_20210425_103245__01.jpg (3.87 MB, 2147x2781)
3.87 MB
3.87 MB JPG
Posting a few holes from today that made me upset because the holes are innawoods and you will hit many trees
>>
File: IMG_20210425_104833__01.jpg (3.42 MB, 2130x2561)
3.42 MB
3.42 MB JPG
>>
File: IMG_20210425_113709__01.jpg (1.93 MB, 2137x1644)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB JPG
Gonna go to a roanoke course next week. This shit made me mad with how many trees I was hitting and how I could never unleash a solid drive. Fun course if you want to midrange the whole time and try for birdies but anything more will be frustrating.
>>
Anyone ever go to one of these 3?
The top 2 look pretty open and less innawoods
>>
>>39286
Some parks put the baskets up for winter
>>
>>39729
>he lives somewhere he can't play 365 days a year
>>
>>19683
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GybGfg6YbM
>>
File: IMG_20210502_113210__01.jpg (2.65 MB, 2801x1801)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB JPG
Went to Greenfield and did the first 9, very open, good mix of holes. Overall pretty good and would do again. Fields could be kept better but the course structure is good.
>>
File: IMG_20210502_114749__01.jpg (2.1 MB, 1414x1411)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB JPG
>>
>dislocated my knee right before a week off of work. Welp there goes my week 9 holes a day + fieldwork.
>>
Gonna play tomorrow anyone got recommendations for hidden gems in the bay area?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.