[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 86 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Just bought some rollerblades to get too work and back.

Is this based or cringe?
>>
>>18654
The skateboard kids here will say it's cringe but they don't understand that if it helps you get to work then it's based.
>>
>just bought
cringe
>some rollerblades
based
>to get too [sic] work and back
cringe

cringe
>>
>>18654
depends, what kind of skating are you gonna do?
>>
They look fresh.
>>
>>18693
>>18695
>>18710
These are the exact kind I got. Rollerblades are surprinsginly cheap only 40 dollars.
I'm just going to use it on trails and work and stuff
>>
File: s-l600.jpg (37 KB, 549x457)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>18713
I bought this pair btw sorry just got out of work
>>
>>18716
I used to go to school on skates back in the day, even cheap skates are pretty good for just cruising. I think it's only """cringe""" if you have bad form and don't know how to brake and stuff, makes you look goofy as shit. Learn how to do some spins too, that's always cool
>>
>>18727
Is braking easy?
>>
>>18731
it really depends on the wheel hardness and the ground you'll ride on. Harder wheels are good on flat street ground, they won't stick to the ground as easy as soft wheels and slide easier. Soft wheels are more fit for reducing impact on rougher ground, these usually come on most cheap skates, I found. If you ever skate on rougher terrain, I'd recomend using the stock brakes to slow down.
>>
>>18737
>>18737
here's some tutorial vids on braking
https://youtu.be/NWrDAi3aZLs
https://youtu.be/dE2Xp78OxEA
https://youtu.be/fFKGg3NCI2s
https://youtu.be/Y-RQJMczJ4s
keep in mind that braking can and will spend the wheels if you do it too much
>>
>>18654
Nice. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on some Rollerblades™ myself. Mostly just for fun fucking around and fitness.
>>
>>18654
Based
>>
The more uncommon the mode of transportation the more based.
>>
>>18654
>tfw to retarded too use rollerblades
>>
>>18654
Is there such thing as technical rollerblading
>>
>>19319
not with that name, I've never heard of that, but there's aggressive and slalom skating, I guess that's what you mean
>>
>>19355
I mean like how skateboarding has street tricks like Rodney Mullen and vert
>>
>>19374
i have only really seen street trick/ skatepark tricks done on quad rollerskates tbf
>>
>>19380
Can I even do tricks on my skates?
I bought the blue ones above
>>
>>19387
Yes of course, it just takes better balance. I found this video helpful https://youtu.be/L8Gs_eyIPFA
>>
>>19374
slalom/dancing and aggressive skating are just that, but those blue skates won't be too good for anything other than cruising, maybe doing some spins. Those skates with harder frames and a gap in the middle are better fot street tricks like grinding and big jumps, as well as vert.
>>
>>18654
Cringe
>>
Based. Roller blading is super fun it just so happens to also look super gay
>>
File: big front wheel bike.jpg (70 KB, 640x361)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>19055
this is how based niggas move around
>>
Cringe. Quad skates are better.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>18654
Based
>>
>>18654
Based if you git gud. Do it and show off.
>>
>>20950
Is it hard
>>
>>20647
That's certainly a rare take
>>
>>18654
I've been meaning to get back into skating a bit when it warms back up, want to get these. Anyone here aggressive skate?
>>
>>19319
It actually used to be huge before it got taken out of the x-games. Nowadays, the only sponsored bladers are usually in europe.
>>
>>18654
Op here just used them
I hate this shit lmao way too hard
>>
>>22057
just go downhill in high speeds, pretty good beginner exercise in my opinion
>>
It's based.

I borrowed some from the library for a week last year. It was very difficult, didn't really learn it. Will try to borrow again this year so maybe I can get better. But I may be too old to learn too, I'd probably destroy myself if I got injured.
>>
>>22224
what kind of library has skates to borrow? The one in my city barely has books
>>
>>18654
Are these things even still being produced? Like I havent seen anybody rollerblading in years.
>>
>>22481
yes, it's just way more niche. There have been a bit of a rise in sales in the pandemic and I think Roces and USD made new models recently
>>
Started practicing my switches today. Tried to jump on a small box then off of it to fakie, it feels like I just have an inch to land and jump again, almost cracked my head twice..
>>
cringe kill yourself fruitbooter
>>
Honestly it's cringe but I want faggots like you to stop getting into skateboarding so based I guess
>>
>>22502
>>22507
You don't need to larp to bump the thread OP
>>
doing any sport outside for fun is based, no matter what it is
>>
File: zorbingonpeople.jpg (322 KB, 1600x1063)
322 KB
322 KB JPG
>>22511
What about zorbing?
>>
>>22513
especially zorbing. Roll to the wrong side down a hill and you can die on one of these, you can't even do shit, just wait for a very funny death.
>>
Yes my niggers

Rollerblading is coming back in 2021 motherfuckerzzz
>>
>>22481
It varies on where you live but in Los Angeles it's been getting more popular lately. There is a big rollerskate group for femoids and i think there might be some company or group that is renting inline blades since I've seen a few groups all riding the same blades.
>>
>>22510
Lmao legitimately wasn't me

>>22511
What about juggling?
>>
>>22716
>juggling
if you're extremely skilled you can juggle the most dangerous things, like [spoiler]my life choices[/spoiler]
>>
>>22716
well how has it been since, OP? have you learnt anything already?
>>
>>22057
Just practice on a flat surface. Trust me, you'll learn it quicker than you think you will. Plus it's hella fun when you get the hang of it.
>>
>>22719
I only tried it once so far and it was insanely difficult. It just got warm enough a few days ago.

>>22751
I hope so..I don't want to get hurt ;__;
>>
>>22779
good luck with learning, dude. I'd advise to practice jumping and switching to fakie once you get comfortable just cruising, makes you feel much more in control.
>>
>>22780
Yeah I'm definitely going to keep trying and hopefully ride it all the way to work
>>
>>22556
DANERGOUSLY based
>>
>>18654
They look pretty cool to me.
>>
>>18654
Im going to say cringe, but you do you yo.
>>
>>18654
I'm gonna say based. you can make it work if you wear tight diving gear and some cool shades. just rip down the street. own it.
>>
>>21524
Yeah dude get back into blades. It's always fun to hit the skate parks when you got free time to do so. (Also aggressives are the way to go in my opinion. Ufs for life)
>>
>>22057
Once you learn how to skate nothing really beats the feeling of just gliding. Minimal effort yet still faster than walking.
>>
>>22057
if you think fruitboots are hard dont ever think about skating (the non gay kind)
>>
>>18654
cringe to see it based to be it
>>
>>24367
>>24381
I hurt myself trying to brake and fell on my face with helmet on I give up
>>
>>24706
>22:22:22
waste of the day
>>
>>18654
cringe because those things are dangerous
>>
>>24740
just where do you think we are?
>>
>>18654
if they cringe at you now, just think in a few months they'll forget all about the cringe and you'll be some chad ass motherfucker who makes his shoes drive him to work
>>
File: Fly_Fishing.jpg (65 KB, 650x433)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>24780
I came here to talk about fly fishing
>>
>>18654
both
>>
>>24789
I've tried to learn this a few times but I'm a little scared of hooking myself in the eye on my back cast because I am really bad
>>
>>18654
if you're a goth girl who looks like ramona flowers then you'll be the coolest girl in your job, but if you're a dude it's pretty weird
>>
File: roller blading.webm (1.98 MB, 500x375)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB WEBM
Post some essential rollercore for OP.
>>
File: beat.png (366 KB, 500x813)
366 KB
366 KB PNG
Better way of getting around than skateboard which depends too much on the street condition. Thing is you have to dress like this or it's lame
>>
File: xm6IxVM.gif (965 KB, 490x264)
965 KB
965 KB GIF
>>24935
the coolest inliner in town
>>
I like mecha with rollerskates like Votoms and Code Geass, so I'm thinking of trying it out.
>>
>>25180
based /m/an of taste
>>
bump for my blader bros

how was your weekend? I hit up some skateparks and the local girls were dripping wet at my 360s
>>
>>24935
Aww cute :3
Op here I'm gonna try again now that it's getting warm...how do you brake if I learned how to brake id take more risks
>>
>>24935
If you can watch this and not fall in love with Sakura you probably don't have a heart.
>>
>>25886
Well, if you REALLY can't slide or use the brake, because of the wheels, the ground or whatever reason, you can always develop your arm strength and bash into walls to stop, that's what I did when I was starting.
>>
>>25888
>t. Tomoyo
your trips can't trick me
>>
File: sk8.jpg (149 KB, 1280x960)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>25765
Two speed skating practices, then I went to the local rink and hit the Sunday sesh to practice some jammin'/flatland stuff.

Now that I got some space, need to build a p-rail and practice some grinds.
>>
>>25886
Get some pads and you won't be afraid of hitting your hands or knees on the ground or walls. Use that to build up your confidence and when you start to fall fall on the pads. Then start to learn how to do hard stops by turning your blades horizontally so they can't roll anymore and when you fall practicing that land on your pads. You'll get it.
>>
>>18654
Definition of cringe
>>
>bladers just blade and encourage others
>skatefags constantly talk about image and others perception
Really makes me think
>>
>>24935
my wife
>>
>>20908
Made of beer
>>
>>24789
>>>/out/ obviously is the more appropriate place for that. Also fly fishing is too hard, I tried before didn't catch shit so I whipped out a spinning reel and caught a whole fucking pile in minutes lol. Casting with a fly rod is fun though.
>>24800
Pretty easy not to hook yourself, the way you whip the line around it should be well over your head, or out to the side. And really there's about as much danger hooking yourself with a regular spinning rod and reel.
>>
>>25765
Literally just got my first skates since I was a kid last Friday, so Saturday I took them out to a (non-skate) park and just practice on the paths and basketball court. Didn't manage to learn how to stop lol but got comfortable taking sharp turns, skating on one foot, and so on. Had a great time, but I got some minor cold that kept me in on Sunday despite being a beautiful sunny day, and now I'm feeling 100% again but it's dark and stormy outside. Guess I'm just gonna roll around my house.
>>
>>18654
It's a meme that should have died in the boomer era.

Cycle or commute normally, faggot.
>>
>>25933
>>26029
Ok I'll get some pads soon and give it a legitimate go. Also feel like I'm going to breal my ankle I don't have health insurance
>>
File: pads.png (118 KB, 390x411)
118 KB
118 KB PNG
>>26198
Here's a great video on three good beginner/intermediate stops:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWrDAi3aZLs

Also, invest in some hip pads. Gform is good, there's a few different brands, but when I started I just bought football-style hip/thigh pads and cut off the thigh pads. This will be especially helpful when you start trying parallel slides. Bruised hips hurt like hell and one good fall takes you out of the skating mood real fast.
>>
>>19374
there were quarter-pipes in the local park where i grew up, i used to ride em up and down with my roller blades all the time, you can also jump from one surface to a higher one with some pracitce (start from curbs and work your way up)

a quick youtube search got me this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbH0_xqR26c
there's close to nothing when it comes to flatground, the "tricks" you do are mostly characterized by what obstacles you can leap past
>>
File: 1588916912076.jpg (10 KB, 317x267)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>24706
>>
wanna learn 540's this weekend bros give me all your roller powers combined
>>
Very based. If you're in a good town, they'll usually let you wear your skates in and out of most buildings. They're a great way to do errands and just get around town. Based as fuck for cardio too.
>>
File: rollersbarbiezzb.jpg (90 KB, 800x600)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
check "Mushroom blading" on youtube

rollerblade is based as fuck
>>
>>28431
>half quad
>half inline
>brake
what the fuck am I looking at
>>
my only problem is the fact i live in the moutains, every other road is a death wish lol
>>
File: IMG_1545.jpg (592 KB, 1200x1600)
592 KB
592 KB JPG
>>21524
Just got these today for 40 bucks
My xsjados broke and then i find out theyre fucking canceled so i couldnt get parts
It was raining today i cant wait to get back to the park
>>
>>26144
/out/ isnt the place for anything. fuck that board
>>
>>28431
That shit is fucking retarded check out the kcmo vid its on youtube and way better than that gayass mushroom bullshittery
>>
>>28608
>he skates at the park
Good god lad, for what purpose? I've literally only been so i could get some barely legal chick to cheat on her boyfriend, the sidewalk is so much better for blading
>>
>>28611
Are you fucking retarded or what
Im not talking about taking a fucking stroll you nancy boy
What kind of sexual predator shit is that by the way
Fuckin nasty deranged good goy fuckwit i hate you and i hope you die in real life
>>
>>28613
>sexual predator
>waaaaah some older guy fucked my gf when she turned 18, I'm really upset about the whole thing :(

>Fuckin [incomprehensible meme word babble]
Skating at a park literally made for children is for sexual predators you limpwristed femboy. Chads and sex-having cool men like me skate on the sidewalk where we can socialize on the fly while doing cool tricks on the way to our high-paying jobs. Seethe, underling.
>>
>>28615
Bitch ass normie braincuck cant even hang go fuck some more kids you old sack of sheeple shit
Fucking pathetic
>>
>>28617
>B-honk honk honk [inane warbling] honk honk <insert additional clown noises here> REEEEEEEEE
It's okay, I'm sure your girlfriend's older bull will try to keep the condom on before he sends her home to you. I'll be busy skating and not making reference to off-topic wrestling which is not allowed on this board.
>>
>>28620
|<\|5 ^ =^<|<!\ 23742] ^ 4!\7 5-!7
^^3)!0<23
Kike.
>>
>>28631
>[more incomprehensible nonsense]
>autistic emotes
>muh jooooooz
Do you wonder how she screamed? Do you think about how he had to ask her to lower her voice as she experienced her first real man's cock? How do you think it felt for her to have her womanhood taken by a more experienced, satisfying male than she was used to? This experience is mutual between that tight-assed 18 year old at my skatepark and your gf.
>>
>>28632
>>28631
>>28620
>>28617
>>28615
>>28613
All me btw
>>
>>28611
>>28613
>>28615
>>28617
>>28620
>>28631
>>28632
>>28661
All me and the voices, forgot to give them credit lol
>>
>>28661
>>28696
>woodpushers
>>
>>24935
Cardcaptor Sakura played a big role in showing me that rollerblades are cool.
Another one is Kaleido Star. I think it's only in the first episode but that scene was awesome.
>>
I'm proud to say that I taught myself how to rollerblade when I was like 11
too bad I was a loser retard with no friends to skate with
>>
>>29238
rollerblading doesn't seem like a group activity at all. Doing it with friends might make it more interesting but it's absolutely not necessary
>>
>>18716
haha cringe nerd
>>
>>22515
https://theync.com/deadly-zorb-tragedy-at-russian-ski-resort-caught-on-camera.htm
woops
>>
what happened to my thread -__-
>>
>>29652
It's the second inline general, and you've just started, isn't that nice?
>>
>>29654
that is..
>>
Really want to get out on my blades and practice but it's supposed to rain all fucking week. ):
>>
Sup my blader bros

Can anyone here 540? I can't seem to rotate past 360 need some tips...
>>
>>19374
Yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUcw3P8JlNM
>>
>>30091
Shits too hard
>>
i love rollerblading and i go all the time but it frankly sucks for transportation
i use a bike or a board to get from place to place, rollerblades are recreation only
>>
>>31681
Nonsense, rollerblades are great for transportation - Way quicker than walking and more manoeuvrable than a skateboard
>>
>>31708
>more manoeuvrable than a skateboard
lol no
>>
>>31915
why not? It's easier to position your feet. A beginner rollerblader can learn an easy way to do tight turns and maneuvering way faster that a beginner skateboarder. Jumping on rollerblades is also easier, it's just jumping, while you have to pop the board and have proper form to land.
>>
File: construction.jpg (22 KB, 400x300)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>31925
beginners shouldn't be commuting on either
also
>*blocks your path*
>>
>>31932
>this is easy to maneuver on a skateboard
>>
>>32158
>what is walking?
>>
I once encounteted someone being EXTREMELY SALTY about rollerblades, saying that real skaters only use roller skates and how rollerblades are trash and so on
I never fucking cared about one thing or other, he was just insulting a random passerby on rollerblades
What the fuck was his problem?
Not a meme, honest question, that was so confusing why he hated rollerblade sso much
>>
>>32163
everyone has at least one thing that makes them irrationally angry
mine's cats
god i fucking hate cats
>>
>>32168
>hates cats
>on the internet
>on 4chan
Fuck outta here, souless bastard, I bet you fap to NTR
>>
>>32174
i don't even know what that is you homosexual cat anus sniffer
>>
File: 1613783806590.jpg (263 KB, 576x2880)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
>>32938
>>
>>32948
I posted this thread way before that
>>
>>18654
Based
>>
>>24935
I was not expecting this nostalgia.
It reminds me of all the good things of the late 90s/early 00s.
>>
>>18654
Based, I wanna learn too, I have a pair
>>
File: haffey.webm (693 KB, 400x226)
693 KB
693 KB WEBM
This thread needs more webms
>>
File: broskow.webm (688 KB, 480x270)
688 KB
688 KB WEBM
>>
>>35944
I could have used those ass pads a long time ago.
>>
>>35944
Based

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.