[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 89 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: skiing.jpg (130 KB, 1182x887)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>bought a season pass
>wasted money because of the fake pandemic
I am mad, lets hate on snowb***d cucks. Give me your best snowb***d hate stories.
>>
>>17567
>be me
>skiing at 70km/h
boardfags will never get this feeling
>>
File: lrzz500wqdj31.jpg (139 KB, 1024x734)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>17567
Why didn't you just go skiing anon?
>>
Snowboarders are subhumans fren.
>>
>>17567
Where you at roughly?

Mountain west is mostly fine.
>>
OK here's my snowboarder story

>be me, a ski gentleman of taste and refinement
>descend double diamond at 110 km/h
>pass a snowboard cuck on the way, he's got a cute board chick with him
>fuck her and her board while he struggles to catch up
>do my business, zip up, go to chalet and drink a snifter of the finest piss with c\some squeaky-cheese poutine

boardfags eternally, irrevocably, terminally btfo
>>
File: Snowboarding_1.jpg (201 KB, 1680x1050)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
Why are skiers always so seething about snowboarders? None of the people I ever went snowboarding with ever had any animosity towards skiers and on the occasion I hear a boarder say anything about skiing it would be just mild banter about skiing being too easy or for casuals etc. On the other hand it seems a shitload of skiers from highly skilled to middle aged woman on the bunny slope has some irrational hate and thinks having snowboarders around somehow takes away from their experience as a skier, I've heard them complain that borders don't respect rules, are impolite, cut them off but almost never see whatever it is they're complaining about.
What gives?
>>
>>18067
boomer thing. My dad started skiing before it was a thing and hates them. They're basically treated like skateboarders, since a lot of rich people ski cause they hate being around poor people. There's also the idea that they kill the pow more.

Some mountains, they ride like shit but that's very specific.
>>
>>18067
its a struggle
>>
>>18063
You forgot:
>now have HPV
>>
>>18067
>>18077
Yeah definitely a boomer mindset. Some people just need a reason to feel superior to others.
I do like to talk shit for the bants. It does suck when your homies are slow strapping up and you just want to go.
>>
>>17567
Just went for the first time, really fun even though I suck
>>
>>17639
70 kph is only like 40, euroskifag. i can skate faster than that.

PS don't let ur skipoles get stuck in ur peeholes

fuck alta fuck skiers fuck jannies
>>
>>18067
only gapers hate
>>
>Blew my knee out doing a double frontflip in 2013, required 2 surgeries
>Never skied since

Fuck I miss it so much bros
>>
>>19346
then... ski
>>
>That guy that blasts snow on you intentionally while you're laying down resting
>>
>>17567
>not skiing and snowboarding
fags, git gud
>>
File: candide.jpg (130 KB, 576x324)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>19118
nice, give it time and practice and you'll get good in no time m8
>>
File: chads gap.jpg (109 KB, 950x499)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
how will ankles ever recover?
>>
File: brokenankles.png (326 KB, 625x504)
326 KB
326 KB PNG
>>19599
>my ankles are broken
>my ankles are broke
>broken ankLEEESSS
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: pw.png (439 KB, 900x975)
439 KB
439 KB PNG
>>19610
anklets eternally BTFO'D
>>
>>18067
>Why are skiers always so seething about snowboarders?
Cuz you guys fuck up the pists by plowing face first down every fucking slope you can't deal with (which is basically every single one above red). And even if you know how to get down, you still have to displace so much snow to get anywhere it gets fucked up anyway
>>
File: casual.webm (2.85 MB, 1280x720)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB WEBM
>>19593
based candide
>>
>>19654
dude is the peak of human performance
>>
>>19467
I can't. My knee is permafucked
>>
File: kneereplacement.png (98 KB, 813x484)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
>>19672
Just get a new one
>>
>>18067
35 year old boomer here. I grew up in Aspen and snowboarding was banned when I learned to ski. When I eventually went to other mountains I quickly saw why they were banned: they were savages.... the unwashed masses, if you will. They messed up the snow, were generally out of control, and had bad hygiene.

I don't mind them really because i only ski at the crack of dawn and then come back by the time those bums wake up, but you could for sure see the contrast. It is nicer to be on a mountain without them plowing their way down the hill.
>>
>>18067
Because skiers are pretentious faggots who think the mountain is “theirs” and that snowboarders are “bums” despite paying the same ticket price/pass price as they do to ride said mountain.

Ironically, the same retard skiers are the ones I find most often plowing into people, taking up the entire slope with big, slow turns, and falling all over the place like morons because they only go twice a year with their dipshit family of four but somehow believe they’re all “intermediate to advanced” skiers.

The only non-faggot skiers are the actually-good ones. They at least recognize how many dumb-fuck weekend warrior Jerrys are in their sport.
>>
>>19627
Says the cock gobbler who turns down the same line as his little homo fuck-buddies until the thing is a rutted out 6-foot mogul. Get over yourself you little twat.
>>
NZ here
Start of season only a couple of months away but no-one is hype.
The last 2-3 seasons have been fucking shitty.
>>
skiing isn't extreme but ski-jumping sure is

https://youtu.be/l_SxmZWuwdk?t=120
>>
>>17799
Because I had to go back to Switzerland and I couldnt take my equipment with me, moreover the border to Austria was closed because of the Covid hoax lol. Skiing in Switzerland is too expensive and I am not gonna spend two hours in an overpopulated bus driving back and forth to the resort so I missed most of the season unfortunately.
Sucks because this is the first time I payed for it, when I was employed at the lifts I could go for free.
>>
File: fucku.jpg (33 KB, 500x483)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>18077
>>18067
>>18137
>>20566
Take a shower you smelly snowboarding faggots, I can smell you through the jacket.
>>
>>20810
Too busy boning your wife, polecuck.
>>
>>20800
Sucks brah. Switzerland skiing more Expensive than Austria then? Hopefully this Chinkademic things cools down - buddy just got a position at the University of Vienna and wanted to visit him and ski next season.
>>
>>18067
Most boarder hate is touristfags or europeans. I've never met an American skier who's actually good who hates on snowboarders or isn't being 100% sarcastic.
>>
>>19590
My nigger

Anyone else who skiis without poles?
>>
>>18067
Elitist skiiers are the biggest crybabies I’ve ever I will never stop spraying you bitch ass babies and making you seeth when i carve deep into your precious powder.

Keep crying you little babies
>>
>>21786
This. I purposefully plow down blacks and double blacks as hard as I can scraping all the fresh powder away so these faggot skiers eat icy shit when they try to turn down them. It’s literally my favorite thing to do when there are tons of ski-cucks on the slopes.
>>
>>17567
If you want a story:
>be me 7 yo
>skiing with my dad and bro
>last slope of the day, it's busy, steep and the snow is heavy
>better be careful
>thoughtful dad makes us go slowly on the very side of a wide slope
>suddenly something hits me from behind
>a fucking snowboarder couldn't control his speed, thought he could overtake in a 0.5 m wide gap and crashed into me
>in pain everywhere
>not even a word of sorry
>dad ready to kill him
Happily nothing serious and we could go home after a few shoutings.

I don't hate snowboarders but I dislike their shitty rider culture. In my cuntree, they all look like "weed lmao" guys with no control over their abilities who risk the lives of others. The kind of people who would go off slope of steep gradients without avalanche victim detector (nor further knowledge of avalanche risk), go through natural reserves, smoke and get drunk while skiing, endanger families on the slopes, etc. I hate these people and it just happens that most of them are snowboarders.
>>
>>21786
and then you sobered up and realized it was all a delusion
>>
>>17567
Same. bought an Epic pass didn't go once. Not worth dealing with corona bullshit.

Was skiing at jackson hole down through trees. get hit on head by branch. Wipe out ski get stuck on a trunk. end up hanging upside down on a very steep hill. when I unhook my binding I slide way down the hill and spend 20mins getting my shit back. My frens make fun of me every time we go.
>>
For the skiiers who lent a pole on catwalks, when I was a 9 year old snowboarder and couldn't maintain speed on them yet; thanks.
>>
the only problem i have with boarders is they can't cross-country and you have to wait for them to put thier shit on all the time
>>
>>21980
>weed lmao
Thats the biggest problem, keep this nigger shit of my slope.
I avoid and look down on anybody who doesnt wear a helmet, they are all urban douchebags.
>>
Skiing is a white mans sport, I always laugh out loud when I see some nigglet or muttshit trying to keep balance on the baby slope and fail before I never see them again.
Skateboarding is a Jewish invention to enable niggers to bring their hiphop, streetwear and drugs on the slope and subsequently take yet another tradition of the whites, especially Germans. Same thing that happened to boxing, basketball and soccer.
If you are a skateboarder you are either a communist or a nigger, there is no in between.
>>
>>21781
In park, yes. I like having poles for groomers tho and having them for pow is a must.
>>
>>17567
skiing is gay
>>
>>18067
Snowboarding just looks cooler. Snowboard culture is gone though, no cool brands anymore, no cool clothes, it's pretty much interchangable with skiing now
>>
>>19593
sorry just doesnt look as cool as snowboarding. It's the same reason rollerblading doesn't look as cool as skating.
>>
>>22673
>>22670
Snowboarding is shit tier aesthetics.
>>
>>22699
Nah, it's based. looks like skating and surfing. Skiing looks like roller blading.
>>
>>22699
Skiers look like fucking retards. Give me a break.
>>
>>23476
If by retard you mean someone with a job and a family who has integrated into society instead of selling pot and being ugly, then yes.
>>
>>17639
This and nothing else
>>
>>20508
Aspen is for pretentious faggots. Post checks out
>>
>>23489
Half my friends are skiers and are dead beat druggies on probation. When you live in a ski town you grow up with drug culture; it has nothing to do with skiing or snowboarding. This is why locals hate tourists in general
>>
File: flip.webm (1.62 MB, 480x480)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB WEBM
>>22699
>>
>>23685
Thats just because you are an amerimutt.

>>23693
Douchebag
>>
>>23698
>Douchebag
stop projecting
>>
>>23693
nice
now post webm of dumb niggers sliding down sideways because "dude I totally shredded a double black"
for the record I hate skiers that do this too. everyone always fucks up the entrance to chutes. but it seems to be boarders fucking up the middle of runs too.
honestly resorts should just ban everyone that isn't me. fuck you guys.
>>
>>23685
Yes, anon, occasionally I see a tall snowboarder. Yet, snowboarders are far shorter than skiers on average. We're talking about trends. If you weren't genetically inferior you would have understood that.
>>
>>23728
snowboarding filters talls with board width. t. 6'5 snowboarder, had to go custom to get a board wide enough to not boot out while carving.
>>
File: fuck.jpg (5 KB, 276x182)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>23700
>honestly resorts should just ban everyone that isn't me. fuck you guys.
holy fucking based wtf
>>
>>23700
chad opinion. watching tunnel trash ski/ride from the chair is pure suffering, especially on a pow day
>>
>>23728
Where did I mention height you illiterate retard?

>>23698
I live over 3km above sea level. What about you Europoor
>>
>>23742
what's tunnel trash
>>
File: eisenhower.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>23767
Texans, californians and other front rangers that drive through this to shit up i70 resorts
>>
>>23779
I hate it when there's a crash there. Really fucks up traffic in Silvie and Frisco
>>
>>23779
why would californians go to colorado resorts
>>
>>23794
connecting i70 through SLC was a mistake - if it's not semis jackknifing from going too fast, it's Jerry the texan doing 30 in the fast lane in his Tahoe with bald tires. Close the tunnels and send everyone over the pass imo, that'll filter the casuals
>>
>>23808
probably 50% of denver's population is transplants nowadays. most of them don't change their plates since registration is so expensive here, so they're easy to identify and avoid
>>
>>23809
Yup. There was just a big crash next to the Silverthorne on ramps a week ago where some tourist hit t-boned and somehow managed to get his RV trailer halfway over the guardrail and completely blocking the left lane. Took like an hour to clean up and backed up traffic almost to copper
>>
>>17567
>be me
>skifag
>ski'd for a total of 4 weeks of my life
>naturally good at it despite getting fucked up in apres ski bars every night
>become advanced skier and win races and shit
>best weeks of my life are skiing holidays by an order of magnitude
>lose my job
>cant afford skiing
>cheap shitty package holidays dont cut it

the one thing i looked forward to all year, and the one thing i was good at is gone
>>
>>19118
desu i fucking loved learning to ski, we had this stereotypical Italian instructor and when lessons finished in the afternoon id fuck a qt in her Jacuzzi at her chalet
>>
>>23838
move to a resort town or close to one and get your instructor cert. if you're really that good you'll rake it in. plus you can fuck your clients like >>23843 said
>>
>>23753
1700m in the beautiful Alps vs 3km in muttistan surrounded by drug addicts and niggers.
>>
File: 20200728_140327.jpg (2.35 MB, 3264x2448)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB JPG
>>23859
There are more trees in my state than your entire country lad
>1700M
>mountain
What did he mean by this
>>
File: lachenüberspasten.gif (1.93 MB, 480x360)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB GIF
>>23890
Cool story bro, try not to od on fentanyl for us ok?
>>
>>23895
Nice rebuttal. Have fun skiing down those little hills you call mountains
>>
>>23906
Will do, you have fun in the middle of nowhere with those opioid addicts and Israels trees.
I am going to say it again; our mid sized resorts dont have a drug problem, its an American thing.
>>
>>23949
And my whole point is that it wasn't a skier or snowboarder issue but a culture issue. If you grew up within 30 minutes of 6 different ski resorts then you're going to encounter a lot of druggies. I see plenty of Europoors on vacation going to pot shops
>>
>>23693
lol
>>
>>17567
Can you backcountry ski, OP?
>>
>>20508
t. Aspen Aristocrat
>>
>>23698
Why is that webm douchey? Because you'll never be able to replicate it?
>>
>>23489
Nah. You guys are just gigantic faggots who look gay as fuck going down a mountain.
>>
why are you people so bitter
>>
>>19286
This is the real truth.

>>19627
<ollies from one of your faggot moguls to the one 10m down the mountain>
Heh, nothing personnel kid.
>>
>>19672
Snowboard, then.
>>
>>20651
Chile here, we /south/ up in this bitch.
I haven't been up to the mountain in a whole year for the first time in my life and I gotta stare out my window at them fuckers every day, for the love of Ullr let us get a real fucking season for once in a goddamned decade...
>>
>>24238
get back to me when you finish puberty and get a job
>>
>>23700
>he rides pists

the problem is all yours
>>
>>24502
>hurt durr complaining about other people means you only ski resorts
you can't ski backcountry the same way. I don't drop cliffs or cornices on a tour. it's different when you're focusing on avy terrain, slope aspects, grouping, etc. I didn't complain about people on blues and greens. don't be retarded.
>>
>>24481
You clearly aren't a local. You obnoxious shits are hated by skiers and snowboarders that actually live ski towns. You'll always be a gaper in my eyes
>>
>>24547
When I lived on the mountain I didn't hear a single person who was actually a local use that word. You are probably from Texas or California and just an insufferable cunt.
>>
>>24742
I live in the western slope nigger, 3 km above sea level. Locals are always talking shit about tourists
>>
>>24742
Wait, you're seriously telling me you've never heard the term gaper before. Are you like 50
>>
>>24742
oh yeah? well you're just a big doodoo head.
>>
File: 1420992251721.jpg (41 KB, 550x512)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
I should probably exercise and get ready for the Ski season but after touring my local mountain I'm just not hyped. The runs are so fucking tiny and the terrain is mostly boring as fuck.
>>
File: DSC09879.jpg (2.06 MB, 4420x2937)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB JPG
>mfw couldn't go skiing last year because lol rona closing down the country the very week I was supposed to go
>mfw couldn't go again this year because shit is still closed
At least I benefited from "working" from home ( = responding to 3 emails a day) for what is now a full year, but still, I miss the slopes.
>>
>>24481
Get back to me when your neon yellow jumpsuit isn’t the gayest thing on the snow. Faggot.
>>
>>24742
>never heard gaper used
Ah, so you really are a gaper.
>>
>>18067

I only hate it when beginner boarders plow down runs that are way too difficult for them. A beginner skier does much less damage.

I don't really get the hate on boarders who actually know what they're doing though. I think it's just this thing where people feel like they need to pick sides.

It's always the same old bullshit arguments too.
>Snowboarding is harder to pick up but skiing is harder to master.
>>
>>25092
I always hear the beginner argument, but my theory is it's actually the average rider vs skiier - learning to carve a snowboard is way harder than carving on skis, so your average boarder makes bullshit skid-turns down anything steeper than a cat track. Just watch any boarder from the chair next time you're up and compare them to someone like Knapton https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuHon78jjKw
>>
>>25099
>Knapton
I've literally never seen someone carve like this irl.
>>
File: telemark_Fotolia.jpg (189 KB, 1500x1008)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
What do i think about telemark?
>>
>>25131
And he calls himself an advanced beginner... Insane flatland 720s aside, he leaves a pencil line in the snow vs sluffing half the run away
>>
>>25151
crossfit, vegans, and tele skiers...
>>
>>25151
i think it looks really cool also like a really good workout
i only alpine ski but anyone who clowns tele skiers is a geek in my book
>>
>>18067
Dude I don't fucking know. I could care less if you are a snowboarder or skiier, aslong as you can keep up and send its all good. All of the best guys I go to the hill with are snowboarders.
>>
>>25151
Impressive af. No idea how they do it. I watch guys shred down some muguly glades on a telemark setup.
>>
>>24850
>>24846
>>24747
>local
>>
>>25164
He's too modest.
Wish I could magically see my edge line behind me or something, sometimes I feel like I am stuck in good carve but it's hard to tell.
>>
>>25099
knapton is an animal
>>
>>21781
free the hands free the soul, mann
>>
>>18063
I have a story like this, 'cept it's a real one

>3 men 1 girl in Vermont
>older friend and his friend, few years younger than me couple, all boarders
>young dude is new to the sport, falls frequently trying to keep up with his more experienced girl that doesn't even wait up for him most of the time, just zips down full speed
>have fun dusting them all with my racing skiis
>eventually we lost him and just take the lift together
>get to know her as she looks me over with a nice smile
>she's coy yet seems interested
>eventually we wait for younger guy, he acts pissed over getting separated
>the best part was on the way back home, when it was his turn to drive, I got to sit next to her
>he glared as I sat down
>let's just say she accidentally allowed herself to slide into me and gave the occasional glance from time to time
Women are natural drama machines, aren't they? I just wanted to shred with some boardbros... I never asked for this, but I must say it had a lot of fun.
>>
>>25099
Carving with any gear is near impossible in beginner snowboarder created conditions.
It makes perfect sense to discourage them from the harder runs.
They'd learn more doing one green run practicing good, Knapton-like form than from a million double black diamond runs with scrapey form,
>>
>>21781
If you're only going for top speed runs, it makes sense to ditch the poles, otherwise ya ought to use em
>tfw kick and gliding past pole pushers on runouts
>>
>>25728
How do i get good at kicking? I can only chain like 3 or 4 together before my legs become retarded.
>>
>>25757
Tai Chi style leg exercise really helps, it's all about training your sense of balance rather than strength

https://youtu.be/ZIYCPtDAO6A?t=137

Slow, smooth motion, no jerking.
>>
>>25757
>>25796
this. You have to lean in forward and push back rather than stand upright and push down.
>>
tfw lost edge hold today on poorly groomed icy groomer trying to carve and fucked my knee up a bit after sliding like 50 yards, worried might be done for season
>>
>dismount chairlift
>giant ass pack of sn*wboarders two fucking metres from the lift sitting on their asses fucking around with their boots and blocking the way

GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY

I HATE YOU FUCKS SO MUCH
>>
>>25982
I've never understood snowboarders falling over off of chairlifts. Literally just stand there you fucking lackwit.
>>
>>25727
Fully agree, you can't work on flatland tricks on blacks anyway. I'd rather obliterate a green and blow noobs' minds than suffer down an iced over mogul field
>>
>>25296
Weirdly counter-intuitive but try practicing your entry and exit into carves on mellower slopes. Without the momentum and speed helping you de-camber the board your pressure and edge control matters so much more. I found a lot of improvement when I started doing two things, on long flats instead of resigning to just un-strapping and skating, trying to see JUST how far I could get flat base, the balance to flat base for a long time will help with your pressure and posture. Second, are what are maybe "butters" or flat land spins? Basically initiate a turn sharply to spin and control your edges so you can smoothly 360 on flat ground, your goal is to complete the spin faster and with less deviation from your original line of movement, again oddly harder on mellow slopes vs steeper slopes.
>>
>>26134
I'm a snowboarder, it's generally new snowboarders who have shitty instructors that don't teach them how to skate/ride one footed or ride flat base at all.

So they start riding off of the lift and panic from not being comfortable riding flat base, try to get an edge in and can't because they don't know how to with only one foot in the bindings, and fall.
>>
>>25151
just rented tele gear for a few days, my legs literally gave out by the time I got to the bottom. they are elitist faggots but damn i want to become one too.
>>
>Skiiers go down a big hill and then jump
>That's literally all extreme skiing is
>Cool as fuck snowboarders go off jumps, rails, pipes, etc
>Always continuously pushing the bounds of the sport as whole
Get fucked, ski nerd.
>>
>>26359
Are you telling me skiiers don't go off rails and pipes?
>>
>>26369
Have you ever gone off a rail or pipe?
>>
>>26184
>>25296
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvADH_dLb4w

Knapton's tutorials are awesome, starts super basic and goes all the way up to butter 360s
>>
>>26377
Yes.
Stupid nigger you haven't heard of X-Games, Slopestyle, or FWT.
Have fun riding five days a season and thinking you're cool because you figured out how to not fall off a rail. Keep telling yourself that, and stay out of the big boy terrain you stupid tourist.
>>
>>26359
>Muh tricks

You are literally a nigger, impressed by the biggest nigger who can chuck their spear the furthest.
>>
>>26359
Skiers do those things all the time lol half of the terrain park riders at my mountain are skiers
>>
>>26377
I'm no Jesper Tjäder, but yes. Many times.
>>
>>26134
You’re joking right? You think skiers have it harder getting off the lift? Are you fucking kidding?

Get the fuck outta here, Jerry.
>>
>>26514
Do you think he is implying that he understands skiers falling over but not snowboarders? Or do you lack basic reading comprehension?
>>
>>26518
If it was easier for me to do something, I certainly wouldn’t feel entitled to whine like a bitch about someone having a hard time with a more difficult variant of it, you ski-bib drooler.
>>
Im a boarder that got into ski touring this season. you guys might have been right all along
>>
>>26530
Sn*wboarders should be required to show a licence before using a chairlift that proves their ability to cuck shuffle forward out of the way of normal people without assing up or stopping to fiddle with their gay shoes.
>>
>>26545
The term gaper really originated from the massive, expanded assholes most skiers have from repeated, habitual rectal trauma.
>>
>>26553
There was a thread on new schoolers about park kiddies loosing their anal virginity to their pivot bindings lmao
>>
>>17567
Am a liftie, can confirm no matter the equipment no one knows how tf to uload a chair.
>>
>>26556
Doesn’t shock me in the slightest. I bet when word got out sales skyrocketed.
>>
>>26553
>Haha look how cool I am on my board babe
>Faceplants
>Hits flat bit of slope, unbinds, cuck shuffles along
>>
>>26530
Nobody is whining about people having a hard time you retard. They get in the fucking way, that's the annoying part. Did you fall and force the lifties to stop the lift or something? Why are you seething so hard about this? Stop being a butthurt pussy and improve yourself.
>>
>>26556
Link? That's fucking funny if true.
>>
"Fake pandemic" LMAO Okay
>>
>>26585
Yes, governments and pharmaceutical companies are the absolute most trustworthy of people. Oh by the way Pfizer is now saying you need a third booster vaccine and they will be upping the price. Nope no ulterior motives here.
>>
>>26579
>>26583
Looks like these faggots really get triggered when they’re called faggots.
>>
>>26590
>says dumb shit
>gets called out
>HAHA I TROLLED YOU
Here's your (You)
>>
>>26590
Snowboarders have by far the biggest faggot ratio, all the stoned out hippie potheads with rainbow flags buttfucking each other are on boards. Cope harder.
>>
>>26591
>I can greentext, therefore I’m legit
>you can tell how good I am at 4chan by my greentexting
>skiing? What’s that?
>>26593
Yeah, that’s why skiers wear tight faggot onesies and literally wiggle their asses down the slope. Totally not queer.
>>
Fuck snowboarders, skiing is the straightest sport around right gays- I mean guys?
>>
Why are snowboarders such fucking faggots, bros?
>>
File: images (14).jpg (39 KB, 689x445)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>26597
>>
>>26599
Because they go into the ski thread to bitch about not being liked
>>
>>26601
Those fags aren’t even strapped in. Probably got off their skis, walked over to a couple of snowboards, and took that photo.
>>
>>26603
You’d be shocked to know how few snowboarders give a fuck whether skiers like them. You guys are fucking pussies, go hide at Alta or Queer Park.
>>
>>26606
Which is why you are voraciously defending your anal virginity and straight sexuality with rampant shitposting on the skii thread? Ok
>>
>>26607
Give me a break. This entire thread entails you retarded cunts circle-jerking over who hates snowboarders more. Cry me a river, little bitch. I spray faggots like you on the daily. Stick to your safe space ski resorts lol.
>>
>>26608
Sure you do tough guy. Feel free to circlejerk about how tough you are on the snowboard thread.
>>
>>26609
See you on the slopes, faggot. Next time you take a pound of snow to your back while you pizza down a steep, look for me flipping you off as I go by.
>>
>>26610
Please. I skied a black diamond today. That's experts only, so I'm an expert. You probably can't even ski a blue square. I'll have fun laughing at you getting stuck on the catwalk.
>>
>>26610
Ok bro, got any more larps?
>>
>>26514
Found the chair stopper. Get some standing lessons before spring break
>>
>>26611
>bro he skies the black diamonds
laughinggirls.jpg
>>
>>26722
Says the 9 to 5 weekend warrior who takes his dysfunctional family of four to Park City once a year in the hopes it’ll salvage his crumbling marriage and tells the rental girl his family is “high intermediate to advanced” while his wife eye-fucks the technician.
>>
>>17567
>Teach my kids to ski
>Finally get them to be comfortable with the lifts
>Get to the top
>20+ board fag on their ass blocking the mountain because their backwards sport requires to strap up every run
>Kid runs right into them
>I say don't worry about it it's their fault
>Kid says stupid snowboarders
>Passed snowboard hate down another generation
>>
>>26739
It's the fault of whoever is behind in a collision, dumbass. Your stupid kid could have hurt someone or themself.
>>
>>26739
Typical ski-faggot, blaming someone else for his dumb shit little retard kid plowing into them.
>>
>>26739
Godspeed anon, i hope kiddo is okay
>>
>>26745
>>26746
Sit on top of your own hill doing drugs and listening to nigger noise. Get off our hills, bring back winter sport segregation.
>>
>>26764
>our hills
Get a load of this boomer hahaha. Fuck off to your rest home you old cunt. You don’t own shit.
>>
>>26764
Your kid needs to stick to the bunny hill if he can't avoid a stationary object. You should already know this if you're an avid skiier.
>>
OP is a massive faggot for highlighting snowboarder hate, he invited all the knuckledraggers to bitch throughout the whole thread. This shit was doomed from the start.
Also snowboarders are the niggers of snow sports.
>>
>>26766
>shred bro so stoked
Stfu zoomer trash
>>26768
Why so he has to avoid all the bitchboarders doing that same thing but all the way down the bunny? Going down like literal retards with the board turned sideways and eating shit every 2 minutes then giving up and using it as a sled. God I fucking hate snowboarders
>>
>>26780
>snowboarders are the niggers of snow sports
dude have you FUCKING SEEN the retards on Snow Bikes? Sure at first it was cool to see someone with experience on Skis/Boards and Downhill BMX rip it up on one. But now they are marketing it as an "easier" way into Snow sports. Get ready for 300lb whales to destroy you, the slope, and the lifts as they crash down the mountain.

>>26792
You are a boomer though, I guess you ignore the skiers who just pizza down the whole fucking mountain, snow plowing down to the base, then turning to stop in the middle of the run to look for what ever progeny they littered the hill with?
>>
>>26792
Does your kid just run into rocks too? Does he expect them to move out of the way? Just avoid shit that's not moving.
>>
>>26794
>dude have you FUCKING SEEN the retards on Snow Bikes?
Fuck you're right. At least I'll have something I can team up with my boarder buddies to bitch about. Noting like bonding over mutual hate.
>>
>>26799
>Hurr durr do dey put rocks in da middle of da hill

Moran
>>
>>26846
I see you've never been on a real trail
>>
gear fag time, what are y'all riding?
my quiver this year is as follows
>Dynastar M-Free 108 182cm
>Armada TST 102 182cm
>Volkl Revolt 87 177cm
and boots are Dalbello Il Moro 120 flex
>>
>>18067
>go skiing with snowboarders
>snowboarders take 45 minutes to buckle their sketchers at the top of the run

I really dont care about snowboarders desu. just not interesting or cool to me. no animosity. I will say tho that snowboards ruin snow all the fucking time
>>
>>22476
>I avoid and look down on anybody who doesnt wear a helmet
no steez
>>
>>18137
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1v9qAVwjks
>>
>>25151
impressed but also stay the fuck away from me
>>
>>26967
candide 3.0 184
blizzard rustler 9 180

likely going to add a moment wildcat 101 this summer
>>
>>27015
Flow/re-entry bindings are the biggest gimmick meme there is in the industry. Feels like you’re strapped into mashed potatoes, and totally useless if you have to unstrap and restrap in deep snow sitting down.
>>
going to alyeska next week
>>
>>26737
>skis with snowsitters
Tell them to learn to strap in standing up - cut a shelf with your heel edge and stand on it, shit's easy
>>
>>17987
telemark is fun leather boots are comfy
>>
>>26355
im trying to ski leatherboots my leg are fit af from track
>>
>>25165
i ski telemark with leather boots and straight skis because of muh germanic heritage.

modern telemark is useless for getting around quick and comfy.
>>
>>25092
snow boarding is easy af
>>
>>26792
Grandpa Randy here can’t even teach his kid proper skiing techniques, but he has the stones to bitch about DEM DURN SNOWBOARDERS.

Fuck off and take up shuffleboarding, you geriatric old bitch.
>>
>>27051
You sure you’re replying to the right post? I always strap in standing up. Can’t imagine doing it any other way. Takes me all of three seconds.
>>
>>17567
>I am mad, lets hate on snowb***d cucks. Give me your best snowb***d hate stories.
>Skiing in verbier with my mate
>Lunchtime so its time to get some food
>Skiier Dad comes in with his 2 kids around (7-12 years old)
>Decked out head to toe in brand new Picture ski gear
>His kids stare at me cause my head is steaming (fresh out of a run)
>I smile and rub my head, start looking at the menu
>Notice someone pushing my elbow, its the skier dad
>As we move down the canteen line, the amount of weight he is putting on my elbow is increasing from both sideways and downward pressure
>Decide to teach the cunt a lesson
>slowly support his elbow with my elbow, increasing the amount I'm supporting his elbow
>Suddenly drop my elbow and he goes stumbling backwards into the rail

Seriously, cunts are cunts no matter what they do. I've had absolute blasts riding alongside boarders and only really had a negative experience with 1.
>>
>>27205
I can't picture this
>someone pushing my elbow
>amount of weight he is putting on my elbow is increasing from both sideways and downward pressure
>slowly support his elbow with my elbow, increasing the amount I'm supporting his elbow
How can you slowly support his elbow if the dude was already leaning on you? Furthermore, why did you allow a stranger to lean on you for so long without saying something?

All kinds of fucked up.
>>
all of the snowboard hate is a cope for ur shitty ass ski boots
>>
>>27362
Man I don't know if I'm just used to it or what, but I don't even notice my boots now. Whenever I get a new pair though, that shit sucks. I was nearly brought to tears the first time I wore my current boots.
Do snowboard boots transfer energy through the bindings/board really well? The reason ski boots are so tight and rigid is so there's minimal loss between input (your legs initiating turns) and output (the skis actually moving). I have to imagine for snowboards you'd want front/rear rigidity but side to side doesn't matter.
>>
>>27437
There are varying degrees of stiffness in Snowboard boots. Generally Snowboard boots are either very soft, for riding in the park where you want to be able to flex on the board, or pretty stiff for carving and all mountain riding. I ride the stiff boots in my size and with the Boas done up they are maybe 80% as stiff as my ski boots.
>>
What do you say about those of us who splitboard? Are we 1 or 2 plankers? Are we cheating by using snowmobiles to follow the snow dumps?

Don't worry we talk shit about all you lift line cucks.
>>
>>27437
>>27362
I telemark with low top leather boots. And i hate snow boarders
>>
>>27437
i can't even imagine wearing ski boots anymore. i used to walk all the way across town and then half a mile home in those fuckers.
snowboards really suck for certain types of traversal especially in the back country but ski boots just are not worth it
>>
>>27813
get a walk mode then you pussy
>>
>>27813
Tape regular boots to your skis you nigger faggot
>>
>>27583
Splitboards are cringe, snowmobiles are based.
>>
>>17567
Why wouldn’t you just hike a hill and ski it anon?
>>
>>26585
You need to go back
>>
>>27963
because OP is a faggot and also very likely posing, you can tell by the coke vs pepsi juvenile shit he started the thread with
>>
whats your favorite ski movie or edit?
>>
Snowboarders suck because most of them aren't good enough to not just ride the back lip scraping off all the snow leaving ice underneath
>>
>>28402
Nice projecting faggot - having difficulty finding your edges?
>Skifags can't into snowboarding
>>
>>28394
Supervention

Not sure why, it's just what me and my skiing friends a couple of years back idolized. Maybe because of the nordic roots? Unsure. It's just really good
>>
File: 1594331307839.png (68 KB, 239x254)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
>>21938
>est crybabies I’ve ever I will never stop spraying you bitch ass babies and making you seeth when i carve deep into your precious powder.

I It's the only way you can get down any hill you nigger
>>
File: elbows_out.jpg (116 KB, 376x1224)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>27346
>How can you slowly support his elbow if the dude was already leaning on you?
Years of riding on packed London trains where you can't always reach a handle I guess. You quickly learn that if someone is trying to push you with their elbow/bag, it is easier to push them back if you have a lower centre of mass. I used to do this all the time on the tube. Someone starts pushing you elbow to elbow, then you kinda lower your stance a few cm, now your elbow is below theirs and as a result is resting ontop of yours. People don't notice this change because as far as they are concerned they are still leaning with the same amount of effort, just part of that is now downward as well as horizontal. Then you wait for the train to go round a corner or something and suddenly remove the vertical support you were giving them and they fall over, you can also add to the vertical support you're giving them which can make them become unbalanced in the opposite direction. Hopefully the diagram helps.

>Furthermore, why did you allow a stranger to lean on you for so long without saying something?
It was my first time in Verbier and I wanted to confirm whether or not the guy was intentionally being a prick as opposed to just being some strange cultural shit they do. Plus his kids seemed cool so I didn't want to get into some sort of altercation with their dad in front of them. It is a strange thing to let the guy lean on my elbow for a good minute or 2 but I wanted to see if he'd realise and apologise, he didn't, so I played a little trick on him.
>>
File: flipflops.jpg (86 KB, 1000x1000)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>27813
>>27951
Love wearing these in Late March / April. Super light and fit easy in to any backpack.
>>
>>29197
>how to spot a floridian
>>
>>25284
You aren't a local so of course you'd never hear locals talk about it dumb cunt
>>
>>29194
Sounds very aikijujitsu
>>
File: kessler2.jpg (131 KB, 720x1280)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
Hello from the alpine snowboarding world!
>>
>>30461
wtf is that I've never seen a board that thin lmao
>>
>>30473
It is a giant slalom race board. You can see them in the olympics and the world cup. This one has a 20.5 cm waist, if you want thin, check out skwals.

they work very well for carving https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vl-DzZ0KzA
>>
someone had made a thread regarding "skateboard culture" being dead
how do you feel about snowsport culture? is it thriving, surviving, or dead?
personally I think it's hanging on by a thread by enthusiasts but the general interest is surface level at best
>>
File: download.png (55 KB, 261x278)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
>>30923
I agree. It just doesn't feel the same as it did 5-10 years ago. It feels all corporatized now and the small resorts are quickly disappearing, which is forcing more people into the remaining resorts. 10 years ago I could almost ride straight onto the most populated lift during spring break at my home resort, but now I have to wait at least 5 minutes at the most secluded lift on a weekday. It also feels like most people only ski/board so they can get pictures and video for their social media. That might just be cause I'm a Zoomer but I really just hate it all idk why
>>
>>23693
snowboard master race
>>
>>31121
>It also feels like most people only ski/board so they can get pictures and video for their social media. That might just be cause I'm a Zoomer
I live in a ski town and this is very true. I'm seeing less people actually into the sports and culture and more tourist retards who come here not knowing anything so they can get photos and drink and maybe go down a few greens.
That being said I and a lot of the folks I know around here are trying to keep the culture alive with oldskool edits and hard shredding
I really hope that my children can enjoy snowsports in a meaningful way in the future and that it doesn't just die off
>>
>>30018
Yeah, get a mate to push you standing normally, then stand in a squat he will have a harder time.
>>
>>17567
When you hear the SCRAAAAAAPE of a boarder tearing up the slope, leaving nothing but ice.
>>
Ski season in basically over in new england and i only managed to go 3 times.
Where in the world has the longest season? Ive heard japan gets crazy amounts of snow and the alps are famous of course
>>
>>31659
Don't know about the rest of the world but I know that Squaw and Mammoth are usually open til July 4th, Mt. Bachelor usually stays open until memorial day weekend and A-Basin is similar. Some resorts like Timberline will keep small parts of the mountain like a terrain park or something open for as long as they can retain snow as well.
>>
>>31659
basically done here in western co
>>
>>31659
Switzerland
Mt hood and some other strato volcanos
lake tahoe area

>>30923
all subcultures and culture in general is dissolving but comparatively i think ski culture is pretty strong. obviously there are people that ski once a year or something but i dont count those people. among actual skiiers that consider themselves skiiers its pretty good
>>
>>31659
Dunno about long seasons. If you wanna skii alot, I think you have to travel
>>
>>31659
Come to California, Squaw and Mammoth should be open for another month and a half at least. Although, it’s been a dry year in general on this side of the Rockies. Resorts have half the snow they usually do at this time of the year.

Maybe Alta in Utah?
>>
Bump
>>
Just hit 65 days this season. Pretty good considering I was out of commission for ~50 days due to an injury.
>>
>>22492
>communist

Skateboarding is one of the most commercialized sports in the world. Also most skateboarders are fucking middle class white kicks who want to be hip and edgy.
>>
I'm not ready for the season to end bros. There's so much more I wanted to do.
>>
Why do Snowboarders shit sideways on the toilet?

Because it's cooler
>>
File: 1289571982471.jpg (16 KB, 474x361)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>36651

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.