[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: gold.jpg (122 KB, 1200x1200)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
you guys remember when it used to snow in colorado?
>>
I hit Monarch today, it was snowing all morning. Fucking cold
>>
>>15916
monarch is top comfy, it snowed here in steamboat but hardly and we've got a week of 40+f days ahead of us, as far as I see it the season has been light and might end light. I even bought sick powder skis too...
>>
>>15802

I dont ski but what even is that
>>
>>16055
its a ski binding, you put your foot in it when it's mounted on the ski
>>
>>16057

Oh right, i thought it was an attachment for a ski.
>>
>>15802
yesterday?
>>
>>15802
I was at Deer Valley last week. The lack of snowboarders was even more glorious than I imagined.
>>
>>15802
i want to go skiing this season but i don't want to pay swiss prices and the rest of the eu is full of cucks

romania maybe
>>
>>16077
>he thinks thats real snow
>>
>>15802
How are the crowds in Colorado? Busier than I've ever seen in 13 years here in Oregon
>>
>>15802
i used to live right next to Wolf Creek and it'd fucking dump every season. Those were the days, now I'm stuck with midtier NM pow :((((
>>
>>17055
weekends and holidays have been fucked up, weekdays are rad. at least where I'm at
>>
>>17111
where in NM? I hear good things about Taos but I've yet to get there
>>
>>16157
What Jerry told you to ride Deer Valley? Go to Alta.
>>
How do I get better at rails friends.
>>
>>17711
Have an aggressive position (ankles pressing against the front of the boot) at takeoff so you don't slip out once you're on the rail. Once you figure that out it's just a matter of repetition so you can find the balance to stay on rails without coming off early. Once you can ride any rails you want at least semi-consistently try 2s out and once you learn how to do opposite side you can learn switch ups and stuff too. At least that's how I learned.
>>
>>17711
do it over and over again, say a prayer at the top every time and send it
>>
submit to van life. get a dog and a cumbucket gf and just drive to wherever it's snowing. oregon and WA were pitted last week. tahoe next week.
>>
>>19196
amen, if you are young and actually passionate about it there is no other way
what are you rocking for skis this season?
>>
File: 1590245900964.png (30 KB, 940x814)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>18822
>>19131
Ok, i think i can make both of these work.
>>
bump
>>
>>15802
you really did it this time. 2+ feet coming this weekend. Enjoy the I70 traffic frangers!
>>
>>17111
Where are you, ruidoso? Make the drive you faggot. I used to go to wolf every weekend when I was stationed on abq
>>
>>23790
its already getting fucked here by spring break tourists hopefully the ones still on the way get stuck in denver
>>
>>16055
>>16057

Look Pivot / FKS bindings. They are the absolute best bindings you can get if you care about your knees. The heel piece pivots to release your boot. They also don't pre-release like most bindings. So there's a bit of give before they actually pop off. Some people hate this but I love it. The two points where the heelpiece attach are past the heel of your boot so they allow for more flex on the back of the ski than any other binding. You can find older models like pic related in good shape (this is from the late 90s/early 2000s) for super cheap at ski swaps. Look for some old Rossi race skis, rip the bindings off and chuck the skis in the trash. You'll pay $100 instead of $400. Plus they just look cool as fuck.

They do come with their painpoints though. Landing backseat might cause the bottle to anally penetrate you. The brakes are annoying to take out if you break them or want to bend them for a fatter ski. But it's doable with the right tools. As they age, they don't snap closed as well and you have to pull them up by hand. The fact that the heel pivots can sometimes be annoying when you want to put your skis back on since they need to be aligned. You also can't adjust the bindings once they're bolted onto the ski like pretty much every single other binding so if you change boot size or want to lend them to a friend with a different boot size it won't be possible.
>>
>>24975
prayers to Ullr for a full I70W closure!
>>
>>25086
pivots are gospel, theres no other alpine binding I trust tbqh
>>
>>16061
no its to place your mommas tiddies in
>>
>>19196
How do you price and pay for everything? Genuinely curious because I’m tempted to leave everything behind and just ride until my legs explode
>>
>>19196
what do you do with the dog while you're skiing?
>>
if any of you retards wanted proof of global warming, it's coming. our children will have no idea what downhill skiing is.
>>
>>26378
K. Now go donate to POW to make yourself feel like you're doing something while actually doing practically nothing. You want to reduce carbon emissions? Change China and India, that's where the lion's share is coming from.
>>
any based telemarkers here
>>
>>26692
Im a telemarker i ski those alico army leather boots and those karhu white surplus skis.

I ski in new england ice and drop kick nigger snowboarders on my mountian.
>>
>>26378
Bro we should engineer the climate to keep the earth comfy. Geoengineering is the future
>>
File: Capture.png (97 KB, 973x883)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>>15802
>>26378
https://www.weather.gov/bou/seasonalsnowfall
The one degree Celsius change has not made nearly as big of an impact as you think. But now you have something other than God to vent your anger at.
>>
>>28961
btw, red numbers in the second column to the right indicate snowfall above the historical average.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.