[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: yoko.jpg (20 KB, 480x360)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
I have read a (translated trough google)article/booklet about a man from India, a circus strongman who did 10 THOUSAND hindu squats a day.
is this a good idea,or even possible?matt furey says, karl gotch once did 9K,but it was only once.

what happens if I do:
>500 first day,then gradually do 100 more than than yesterday each day,until i do 10K

do japanese pro wrestlers squat like this? 1,2 thousand times a day?and sumo wrestlers?
>>
Another extreme grappling traninig I do, is load my lifting bar with as much disks /weight as I can,and then use the bar itself as a judo dummy. Legs sweeps, hanging trees,chokes,etc.
It's only 45 kilos;not enough to simulate an adult human,but tis better than nothing i guess.
>>
>>15239
What grappling art should a skinny fat guy learn? Do you need to do some preparations before joining the martial arts gym. Or can I enter just like that?
>>
>>15243
>What grappling art should a skinny fat guy learn?
Physics are physics. You may find some moves or strategies more intuitive based on your build, but any martial art that's effective against other people will work whether you're a manlet, lanklet, obese, or a plank.

>Do you need to do some preparations before joining the martial arts gym. Or can I enter just like that?
just join like that

Nobody's expecting you to be good at your beginner class. If you want to do some preparation, then do some cardio and lift weights to get in better shape. However, don't let being out of shape dissuade you from going.
>>
Which folk wrestling stlye is strongest: hindul,turkish or mongolian?
Idd say hindu because it beat evropean catch can which is in itself the best grappling
>>
any advice on training the NECK without weights?
>>
>>15240
A third extreme training I do is stretching my arms and holding a dumbell in each; a burning isometric excercise.
>>
>>15255
headbanging
>>
>>15285
haha
very funny
>>
>>15239
>move to america
>shoot your opponents
>???
>eat burgers and shit without ever dreaming of gym
>>
>>15305
>Teleports behind you
>Disarms you
>Wrestles you to death
Nothing personal, kid.
>>
was yokozuna a good athlete or just a fatty who was a good enterainer?
>>
>>15328
entertainer
>>
>>15252
sirs,I would really like to discuss this
>>
>>15252
I don't know anything about turkish wrestling, but isn't mongolian wrestling jacket-based? Seems like comparing it to hindu wrestling is like comparing judo to greco-roman.
>>
>>15341
some schools use jackets,others dont
>>
>>15328
he was a champion japanese sumo wrestler
>>
>>15370
>japanese
wasnt he samoan or something like that?
>>
I once came across a video by a rikishi who did 1000 shiko/stomps a day.
let's posts info on wrestling doing 1000s of squats a day.
>>
>>15252
Well Mongolian wrestling is making a run through sumo, judo, and olympic wrestling, so I'd have to throw my sticks with them.
>>
>>15468
Where can I get info on the traditional mongolian training?
for example in india they have the clubs,the gada,the stone ring,etc.
what do based mongols use?
>inb4 they lift cattle
>>
>>15468
japanese had to ban foreign sumos because mongolians were winning so much
>>
>>15243
If you enter a BJJ or Judo gym (which are the most common recreational grappling styles), they expect that you don't even know how to stand correctly.

They're used to people starting from zero.

>>15252
Mongolian and Georgian wrestling look really fun.
>>
File: qZ9zTPB.jpg (364 KB, 1080x1241)
364 KB
364 KB JPG
>>15477
>inb4 they lift cattle
I wouldn't be surprised
>>
>>15463
I very much admire the results. Fugg...
>>
File: legs.jpg (49 KB, 480x360)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
are there any cultural/historical reasons as to why biceps are more popular as a muscle than leg muscles?
Biceps are very small in comparison,it seems leg training would recruit more muscle fibers and thus release more good hormones(testosterone,etc)
>>
>>15477
>what do based mongols use?
>inb4 they lift cattle
horses
>>
>>15588
>are there any cultural/historical reasons as to why biceps are more popular as a muscle than leg muscles?
because historical people had to work with their hands more than they had to squat
>>
>>15285
based
>>
>>15954
this reminds me of baki
"you can even test your strength against a different species"
>>
>>15477
From what I've seen and heard most practitioners of the traditional style just use modern equipment and methods nowadays.
>>
>>15239
Was common for wrestlers under Gotch to do 500 as warmups

If you're out of shape you'll never reach 500 so start with 100 or 200

Mike Tyson also did around 10k squats a day so it isn't exclusive to wrestling

Look into Gotch's training if you want unorthodox workouts that will make you strong
>>
Can low test men with feminine hands and thin wrists become good grapplers? Every time I try to do push-ups I feel like wrists are going to come apart.
>>
>>16736
push ups are even supposed to target grip- wrists play a minor part.
Unironically get testosterone,if an FTM tranny can get it so should you
>>
>>16687
>Mike Tyson also did around 10k squats a day
where did you learn this? Id like to apply it (or try)if true.
So far im doing tyson's shoulder workout (500 shrugs with 30 kilos a day)Supposedly improves punching power
>>
"In the wild world of professional wrestling only one holds the claim of being undefeated in
some 5,000 matches, the Great Gama. Also known as Gama Pehalvan ( a Pehlwan is an
Indian wrestler, with Pehlwani being Indian style catch wrestling) and “the Lion of The
Punjab”, Gama is perhaps the best known wrestling legend outside of North America.
Currently in 2014, there is a movie being made in India based on his life and times, with actor
John Abraham starring as Gama.

Some of the reported daily workouts included 5000 Hindu squats and 3000 Hindu pushups
with a 200 lb Gar Nal (Stone Ring) around his neck!"
>5000 Hindu squats and 3000 Hindu pushups
with a 200 lb Gar Nal (Stone Ring) around his neck!"

is this possible I will I die?
>>
File: iu[1].jpg (29 KB, 580x326)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>15255
>>
>>16687
were the 10K squats weighed or bodyweight?
>>
>>16992
>>16832
I read all this in his book, he did just bodyweight
In fact, he says he actually didn't do weights as a pro boxer at all, until he went to prison
>>
>>17264
what's the title of his book?
I might get it,sounds interesting.
>>
File: 1534162630.gif (204 KB, 450x600)
204 KB
204 KB GIF
>>17488
Undisputed Truth

In literally every charity store i've ever been in
best book I've read in years, changed my life, inspired me to be greater
>>
bump
>>
File: mongolian_wrestling.webm (2.52 MB, 480x268)
2.52 MB
2.52 MB WEBM
bumping with mongolian wrestling
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>15328
He was a pretty athletic Huge Samoan that had an eating disorder that killed him. He literary could not stop eating. It's sad cause of all the big samoans he was probably the most athletic.
>>
>>18270
Are there any mongolian grappling schools accepting foreigners?
i dont want to come across as annoying like westerners in thai training camps-
>I look arab too,so no anti-western prejudice?
>>
>>16832
what is this image?
>>
>>20209
>>
>>20209
death-match wrestler
i think hes called crazy monkey or something
>>
is chewing leather a good way to be able to resist KOs?
>>
is choking on skin a good way to resist getting knocked?
>>
>>15543
bullshit. there are plenty of foreign sumos to this day. literally a month or two ago had an eastern european fellow and at least two mongolians.
>>
>>15243
Punk Kun Do
>>
>>
>>
>>15550
look at traps and delts on this motherfucker, must be on that russian juice
>>
>>16832
he also did like 3 15 minute sets of fucking neck bridges bro, are you /fit/???
>>
>>15239
in awe at the size of this lad
>>
>>
My crew is known for our really good positional jiujitsu, because that's how we train it
For example we start with one person locking a heel hook on the other and then go full intensity for either a tap or escape
Then reset immediately and do it again no matter the outcome

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.