[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 70 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: clack clack clack.jpg (129 KB, 800x492)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
CLACK CLACK CLACK
>>
For me, it’s Son of Beast
>>
>>12223
>>12250
What part of extreme sport do you faggots not understand.
>>
File: 8nigp0k2bf5z.png (479 KB, 388x496)
479 KB
479 KB PNG
>>12223

INB4 Goliath is the best roller coaster.
>>
>>12253
>Hes never been to Six Flags or any other roller coaster park
>Never seen those videos they have playing while you wait in line of that adrenaline junkie cool kid that has spiked, hair, a cool shirt and a pair of shades talkin about he enjoys the thrill you get when your at the very top of the ride and its about to drop
Thats extreme kiddo
>>
File: tonyhawk1[1].jpg (214 KB, 1000x686)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>12253
The /xs/ coaster
>>
File: 1603210894723.png (245 KB, 291x389)
245 KB
245 KB PNG
>That guy who raises his arms from the seatbelt lock to the first drop
>>
there's always a rollercoaster general on /trv/
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (205 KB, 1280x720)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
>>12253
High speed decapitation punting is pretty extreme if you ask me
>>
>>12589
not extreme enough. i posted that i rode a hanging rollercoaster and the jannies deleted my post because it was too scary
>>
>>12253
>he doesn't know about all those people who died on son of beast

fool
>>
>>12253
shut the fuck up your board is a meme and so are you
>>
>>12250
>with the loop
>>
>>12726
if you want high speed decapitation Batman at SFOG has two kills on two seperate occasions. both decaps from inverted coaster trains
>>
whats worse?
>sitting at the very front
>sitting in the very back
for me its the back
>>
>>17544
well you get more G force in the back but more air time in front so it's really a matter of preference. I'm not a pussy though so I also like the back cart best
>>
>>12223
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
>>
the ride never ends
>>
>>12223
I rode a shitty roller coaster at a county fair and being 6'4" nearly smashed into a metal bar and would have lost my head if I hadn't ducked.
I don't ride roller coasters anymore, they're obviously not meant for average sized adults. Oh also, at the same fair I rode in the thing that spins and swings at the same time and eventually goes full 360°, and the fucking bar that holds you in didn't latch right on mine and popped open right as the ride was starting lol, luckily the acceleration is outwards so it held me in but I still held on pretty tight too.

Fuck fairs, carnivals, carnies, and rickety shitty rides.
>>
>>17544
it depends, on a traditional chain lift type ride sitting in the back can give you an interesting experience on the first drop as you accelerate while still on the lift hill. this is notable in b&m hypers and gigas (like behemoth at CW and fury 325 at carowinds)
>>
>>17627
You ride roller coasters at real amusement parks, not the rickety death traps at redneck county fairs.
>>
>>18560
Yeah but still, considering how absolutely fucking nothing is designed for people over 6' I still don't trust shit I don't give a fuck if it's Disney world or whatever.
>>
>>18560
why are you on /xs/ if you don't want to do anything fun
>>
>>12253
imagine taking this fucking board seriously
>>
>>12253
I mean basically the entire term? it's very non-specific
>>
>>18529
>you accelerate while still on the lift hill
this felt incredibly surreal to me the first time it happened
>>
File: 1602419728604.jpg (13 KB, 277x277)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>13701
this is a top tier post, much like how the millennium force is a top tier coaster
>>
>>12253
Fuck you all we wanted was a eceleb board and we got this shit
>>
File: star-tours-disneyland.jpg (98 KB, 742x428)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
who here /simulator/
>>
is this a stock market thread?
>>
>>12726
This sent me down a deep rabbit hole of reading up on roller coaster accidents on Wikipedia.
>Ride of Steel
>On July 8, 2011, a 29-year-old U.S. Army veteran, who went by the name of James Hackemer, fell to his death from the coaster. The rider, an Iraq War veteran whose legs had been amputated, was in the front row of the roller coaster when he was thrown from the train during the course. Officials decided that operator error was the cause for the accident. The investigators claimed that park workers didn't adhere to rules advertised at the entrance of the ride. The rules required riders to have both legs
>>
>>17627
>fuck carnies
This. I remember a thread on /pol/ a few months ago from some uppity carnie crook who wouldn’t stop bitching about townies and how he’d steal their girls.
>>
>>17592
Hurro Mr Bonurz

>>20065
They should have kept him off the ride, but then again....he DID choose to ride it.
>>
How many credits do you have? I'm at 160. Still need to make it down to Florida one day.
>>
>>17540
it is the GOAT murder coaster
but also a really good one to ride assuming you arent the unlucky person whose legs get shattered taking some dudes head off
>>
>>12223
Old wood coasters are more /xs/ than metal coasters.
Rough ride or die with a chance of injury = fun af coasters
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CY4HuWWBkk
>>
>>12253
neck yourself
>>
>>19929
sims are casual fucking trash
>>
File: 1608325788685.jpg (55 KB, 601x473)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>19941
>mfw riding top thrill dragster
>>
have you seen what happens when these things malfunction?>>12253
>>12253
>>12253
>>12253
>>12253
>>12253
IT'S PRETTY EXTREME
>>
File: 1540096214532.png (45 KB, 861x607)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>tfw cant enjoy roller coasters or any ride like them because for some reason I cant breathe when wind of a decent speed hits my face
>>
Fury 325 is the best coaster, fight me faggots
>>
>>12394
I've ridden this
>>
>>22159
Excuse me, true patrician Cedar Point roller coaster coming through.
>>
File: 1598878853394.png (122 KB, 333x500)
122 KB
122 KB PNG
>>22731
you're in good company, friend
>>19559
>>
>>22191
just hold ur breath retard
>>
>>19929
I've been on that
it was pretty shitty. I stole a lot of glasses from them though
>>
>>22191
are you a mouth breather? be real with me here.
>>
>>12394
SPEEN
>>
>>12223
Old wooden roller coasters are so comfy and fun, much better than "extreme rollercoasters".
>>
>>25334
I'm not sure if "comfy" is the right word for woodies. A lot of them actually are more intense than smooth-as-glass steel coasters.
>>
>>25374
>Get on wooden coaster
>Get off wooden coaster with ass torn apart by constant jerking
>>
>>25374
I'm mean the emotional state of riding one is "comfy", not the physical sensation of comfort.
>>
>>25410
That depends entirely on the individual ride.
>>
>>25394
Even brand new woodies are like being in a cocktail shaker. It's part of the experience.
>>
File: 1534096128583.png (35 KB, 1316x1152)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>25539
>tfw you get low grade CTE from riding woodies
feels good man
>>
>>22731
steel vengeance is unironically the best roller coaster at cedar point now
>>
>>12394
It's not called the big spin anymore, unfortunately. I guess they stopped wanting to shell out the money for the Tony Hawk name.
>>
>>19559
>millennium force is a top tier coaster
based
>>
>>25664
steel vengeance is the third-best coaster in frontier town. not even in the same league as cedar creek mine ride and it's excessive use of terrifying straight track
>>
b&m is underrated
>>
>>19559
afterburner is another god-tier one
>>
File: 1542479737994.png (170 KB, 378x396)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
>>25901
B&M is pretty good but some of their coasters have started to rattle a bit more than intended. I remember when they felt futuristic, now they almost feel like arrows in comparison to the new shit. I feel so old now
>>
>>12250
Fuck yes
>>
>>26251
never felt it
still find a nice invert far more fun than an rmc
>>
>>12250
that fucked me up
>>
>>25664
RMC fags are more annoying than vegans. Also Magnum xl is still my favorite
>>
>>26251
The only B&Ms that suffer from any real roughness are their very early rides. The main criticism most enthusiasts have with modern B&Ms is that they're TOO smooth, and don't offer a lot of high-intensity thrills. Compare Fury and Orion to Millie and I305. That said, they are FAR more reliable than Intamins, and the GP are more than happy with the smoothness of the rides. There's a reason why parks keep building them.
>>
>>26648
>tfw you grew up right next to KD so you got to black out on intimidator as much as you wanted, weekly.

In hindsight I may have actually damaged my brain doing that as a teen.
>>
File: magic mountain.jpg (263 KB, 1024x682)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
step aside pussies
>>
>>22731
based
honorable mention to the Maverick
>>
>>12253
I have high blood pressure and every ride could punch my ticket. Go do a kickflip faggot.
>>
>>22191
I'm in a similar boat, but I feel this crushing feeling in my chest and it causes sharp pain in my body.
>>
>>26388
RMC fags need to be gassed. Intamin bros get in here
>>
I miss this nigga like you wont believe, I know they needed space but there's plenty of lame rides that could have been done away with. apparently its the same as Great American Scream Machine in other parks.
Haven't been to any amusement park in years but Great America just doesn't seem worth it anymore. Last time I was there the only really good rides were Raging Bull and Batman.
Id rather make the drive out to Cedar Point for a weekend trip.
>>
>>27267
I got to ride Great American Scream Machine multiple times in the last week of June 2010 at Six Flags Great Adventure before it closed permanently later that year. I miss that nigga like you wouldn't believe.
>>
any other ride that caused as much asspain as drachen fire?
>>
I can't name a single more zen ride than Millennium Force. Every ride I've ever gotten on it has soothed me more than anything else. Only other ride that came close was the fire side of Dueling Dragons.
>>
>>27608
I don't know about asspain but Blue Streak up at Cedar Point was so rough it knocked the wind out of me several times. I can't think of a worse coaster.
>>
>>27267
used to see this ride all the time when going down the highway and i always wanted to ride it unfortunately it was gone by the time i was old/tall enough to ride it. its burned into my memory though for sure
never been on the superman, fuck that ride
>>
>>27267
>apparently its the same as Great American Scream Machine in other parks.
It was the same as the one at Great Adventure. The GASM at Over Georgia is a woodie.

Shockwave, GASM, and Viper at Magic Mountain were the only three 7-inversion Arrow mega-loopers ever built. There was also a very similar ride with 6-inversions called Vortex at Kings Island. Out of those four, only Viper is still standing.
>>
>>27608
Never road it myself, but I heard the tales of the ball-busting on Green Lantern: First Flight.
>>
Top Thrill fagsters move over. Your superior has arrived.
>>
>>28871
>rattles and clamps
pssssh nothing personell kid
>>
>>28871
>no starting light
>no grandstands setup to watch little kids cry and shit themselves
>only addition is a hill at the end
nice
>>
What about water slides?
Personal favorite is kala and tai nui at volcano bay
Used to work there as a lifeguard before covid and test rode them every morning, best water park slides in the world

Straight plunges are for pussies
>>
>>29659
Still mad they got rid of the cool dragster trains for generic ones.
>>
>>29659
No starting light is better. Everything else is whatever.
>>
>>27608
hercules at dorney was a buttbuster back in the day
>>
>>31035
Hercules more like hurtyerknees amirite?
>>
>Coaster includes backwards seats
The Joker is based
>>
File: 9vmb4bchkpq31.jpg (1.79 MB, 4048x3036)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB JPG
>>28871
move over Kingda Cucks, this accelerating japanese coaster has you and every other launch coaster topped many times over
>fastest acceleration launch in the world
>an actual inversion rather then a stupid hill (muh airtime)
>ride made EVEN FASTER when vertical loop was added
>ride feels like being hit with a sledgehammer when launched
>superior Japanese theming rather then gay racing theming (looking at you formula retard)
>gives great views of mt fuji
>don't have to wait 2 hours in a burger queue line to ride it
>only one of its kind in the world
americans will NEVER recover from this
>>
>>31450
Oh boy I sure love straight track.
>>
File: file.png (371 KB, 550x308)
371 KB
371 KB PNG
For me it is Silverwood and Tremors
>>
>>20065
I will bet the company didn't even fire the ride operator, just transferred them to another ride or some shit. At Knott's Berry Farm they had an unofficial rule that they did not permit women or non-whites to be ride operators (the mook that pushes the button to start the ride), only autistic white men were allowed to do that because they actually adhered to the safety rules. There was a guy who ran the Xcelerator who would follow EVERY single safety rule, management refused to remove him from that position because he was so stringent. There was a cripple nigger that wanted to go on the ride, bilateral amputation above the knees, and he just would not let them on the ride, they waddled in there, so he stopped the entire ride and made everyone else disembark so that security could go and drag this obese legless nigger off the ride. At Soak City management had cucked a little, and allowed nigs and spics to run the rides, and naturally there were accidents (not making sure riders were cleared, sending too many, not enforcing weight limits, etc). Both parks were tons of fun to work at and I would go back in an instant if they were open and if I did not have a family to provide for.
>>
I haven't been on a roller coaster in over 6 goddamn years! As soon I can, I'm gonna ride a good one, but Astroworld closed in 2005 :(
>>
>>31793
you hate to see it
I haven't been in 9 years
>>
>>31450
I actually wish they didn't get rid of the tophat.
>>
>>27608
my parents still talk about their ride on that thing to this day
>my mom's earring briefly lodged itself in her head after colliding with the restraints at top speed
pretty gnarly
>>
File: Formula Rossa.jpg (551 KB, 2578x1669)
551 KB
551 KB JPG
god damn I'd love to got to ferrari world, they only have a few coasters but they all look like bangers.
I bet their go karts kick ass too. The location is a damn shame, never gonna be worth hauling my ass out to the middle east for a weekend at an amusement park
>>
File: 1568147950624.jpg (46 KB, 640x640)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>31450
>Launch
>Straight track
>gay tunnel
>boring banked turn
>Loop
>more straight track
>slight left turn
>Brakes
>doesn't go over 300 ft in the air
Ok dodonigger
>>
>>12253
>skydiving is extreme sports
>freefalling for a minute followed by a gentle parachute ride
>son of beast is not extreme!
>literally injured/killed dozens of riders
>regular people would ride it and say "yeah that shit was rough, i didn't feel right all day after that"
not all rollercoasters, but son of beast was an extreme sport
>>
>>31450
what's going on in the top left of this image? to they really have semi invisible phantom rollercoasters in japan?
>>
>>33851
it's a shadow from the tallest ride in america. on a bright smog free day you can actually see it casting a shadow over japan
>>
File: Thunderhead7.jpg (343 KB, 1024x692)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
What are some of your favorite wooden coasters?

I really like Mystic Timbers and my buddy and I like to joke that Blue Streak is the best coaster in Ohio. I've ridden only a few wooden coasters, but I really like 'em.
It's cool to see what can be done with them. I like some rough woodies too because of how rickety they feel, it's a thrill. As long as the ride isn't super slow or gives me a concussion then I'd ride it.
I'd like to go to Dollywood some day to ride pic related. Thunderhead also just looks cool.
>>31573
I'd like to go here one day for the wooden coasters. The place looks pretty neat.
>>
File: boulder dash.jpg (154 KB, 1024x679)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>36106
The only parks I've been to have had shit wooden coasters (Canada's Wonderland has two ehh woodies and Predator at Darien lake is awful, but that's what you get for being a leaf) but i really want to go to Lake Compounce and Dollywood for their rides. Boulder dash looks awesome imo
>>
File: BoulderDash5.jpg (114 KB, 493x668)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>36176
I looked up a POV of Bolder Dash and it looks pretty wicked. I really like the way it uses the terrain and flies through the trees. Guess I will just have to stop by there if I ever go to the New England area.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.