[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 150 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

>Round

/box/ is a community home to the sport of boxing. Post tips, questions, gear and routines relating to the training of boxing as an amateur sport. Discussion of professional boxing is welcome as well
>>
>>11964
Professional boxing belongs on /sp/
>>
>>12198
But boxing is an extreme sport. You can get punched in the face!
>>
get the f out , this place belongs to the streets now
>>
I joined what might be the worst boxing gym a few months ago.
>also offer krav maga classes
>no punching bags
>I'm the only one in shape there
>coach didn't know the standard is to have the dominant hand behind
>he doesn't let we spar because he doesn't want blood in the floor because it will scare the women there (i guess he doesn't know light sparring is a thing)
I'm a kickboxer and joined because I wanted to get a better punching game to compensate my short reach, but honestly I think I'm better off training on my own. I started meeting with a friend to spar boxing in a park and I feel like is helping me more than that gym.
>>
yo
>>
>>12603
Yeah it is, but professional sports belongs on sp, we don't have /UFC/ here for a reason, but there are mma threads.
>>
>>14337
Yeah, but by the same logic boxing should have thread here as well. /sp/ is for spectators, the pro matches, the show. /xsp/ is for the art of boxing, the sportsmen, amateur or otherwise.
>>
>>14345
There already are people in /box/ who box. This shit doesn't belong here
>>
>>14345
I'm not saying it shouldn't have a thread, this is a thread, just saying professional boxing belongs on SP and discussion of training boxing and things related to that belongs on here.
>>
>>11964
based. American Martial Arts are the best. Boxing & Wrestling stomps all.
>>
File: 1541076246288.png (655 KB, 847x1200)
655 KB
655 KB PNG
is discussing Boxing portrayed in Manga allowed here?
>>
>>11964
literally not extreme.
fuck off you stupid fucking niggers
>>
>>14345
FUCKING FUCK OFFFFFF
>>
I hope I'll find a gym soon. I'm at least 10 years too old to start boxing, but I love it too much.
For now working on my cardio, core and losing weight.
>>
>>12198
>>14337
That's complete bullshit. Judo is an Olympic sport and so is fencing. BJJ has its own sports league as well. Wrestling also has a sports league. Why can't boxing be here for the people who practice it? It's a Martial Art just like the rest.
>>
>>13470
>coach didn't know the standard is to have the dominant hand behind
What the fuck?
>>
>>11964
>Tips
Don't ever get into boxing unless you have subhuman IQ and want to be a vegetable

>Questions
are boxers shoot retarded?

>Gear
a comfy snack and a safe seat while I watch 2 retards cause permanent brain damage to each other for my entertainment.

>Routines
Routinely laugh at it being a ""sport""

>Discussion of professional boxing
PUnCh you in Da FaCe but only professionally. ok, retard
>>
File: thisisbait.png (66 KB, 625x626)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>14969
>>
fist fencing is the /extreme/ sport of gents
>>
>>13470
That sucks, but I understand. He's not running a boxing gym, he's running a fitness business, and women are, by far, the better customers in the fitness industry.
>buy more clothes and gear
>sign up for group classes where the trainers scale their time
>often get their friends to sign up with them wherever they work out
>all in addition to paying the standard monthly membership fee
So it makes sense that he'd tone the intensity down to protect his income. But it does, clearly, show that it's not a real boxing gym.
>>
>>14426
no, especially not when it's a jobber like Gaolose Wangsabad.
>>
>>12198
Is this a shitpost?
>>
boastin this pistoric thread
>>
>>13470
Man my local boxing gym isn't even open.
>>
Learning to box with a m8 who has a very small bit of experience usuing youtube videos. Shit's good fun. Anything I should know for the post-coof times when I go to an actual gym? Beyond having decent cardio and obvious shit like that.
>>
I've small hands, thin forearms and weak wrists. Everytime I do push ups or lift weights my wrists hurt. It seems I've genetically bad upper body. Will this have a affect on boxing? should I still pick up boxing or just look for a different martial art?
>>
File: Jeff Mayweather.jpg (95 KB, 1280x824)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
Posting good shit:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnwa0x
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnwavc
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnwblv
Good shit for beginners
>>
>>11964
At least make the thread about bare-knuckle boxing or something. Professional boxing is not an extreme sport and belongs on /sp/.
>>
>>16690
Thanks, bro.
>>
>>16740
It probably still don't replace in person advice from a trainer, but it's a lot better than some youtube bullshit
>>
>>16690
>sounds like he can barely remember his own name while giving his credentials
wew lad. I know I'm never going to be taking big headshots from professionals but this shit reminds me as a novice that I need to move my head more
>>
>>11964
Lately I've been going to a boxing gym every day, I started in about december since that's when gyms reopened in my state. I work out for about 1.5-2 hours, working with my coach and then doing a few rounds on the heavy bag, speed bag, and sometimes the double end bag and finishing off with calisthenics and jumping rope. I've been progressing at a pretty good rate, but with one or two things I need to work on. First is that I let opportunities to hit slip by too often, where I'll have a moment that I could lean in and give a left hook to the body, but won't because I either don't recognize it quickly enough or because I don't think I'm in a good situation to throw the punch. The other issue I have is caused by regulations, where my state and therefore my gym don't allow sparring at the moment. Because I can't spar, it feels like I'm not getting any good chances to work on my skills. I've been working with some of my friends outside the gym so that we can spar together, but I just wish I could get more work in. Any recommendations for either of these? I think they're related issues, but what do you think I can do as a substitute for sparring? Should I just shadowbox and light spar with my friends until gyms allow sparring again?
>>
>>16762
Does he? I don't know he sounds good to me. He sounds a bit like the Street Fighter boxer
>>
File: Valdez-Berchelt.webm (2.37 MB, 1280x720)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB WEBM
>>16692
This isn't extreme to you?
>>
>>17207
>Reply
No.
>>
Can someone answer this? >>16637
>>
>>16692
Bare-knuckle boxing would be a good thread to have on /xs/ now that you mention it. It'd fit in better with the motif of the board as well.
>>
File: pushup bars.jpg (89 KB, 1500x1148)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>18152
Why not try boxing anyway? Go to a gym and see how you do. Only you can decide what works for you.
You don't have to be the best at boxing. As long as it's fun for you, you're not wasting time or anything.
Also, tried these things for pushups? They're supposedly better for your wrists
>>
>>18255
I suppose so. I just wanted to know how important shape and structure of hands and forearms were in boxing. I used to go to gym with my friend, I couldn't even do half of the reps my friend did when it came to bench press lying down. But I easily beat him in leg game. My arms feel really weak.
>>
The moment I reach 90kg in my weightloss is the moment I go to the first boxing gym I find.
I'd even get the covid vaccine if I have to. Life's too dull without fighting, and boxing is peak fighting.
Only downside is having to attend classes with children as an adult, because I imagine adult classes are rare.
>>
could shoulder roll/philly shell be used in any scenario that isn't a boxing bout?
>>
>>20228
For short periods of time probably but it'd be difficult especially with no gloves
>>
>>20228
I have seen Dustin Poirier doing it for brief moments.
>>
>>20228
Dustin Poirier and Bobby Green have used it in MMA successfully.

webm unrelated
>>
Should I practice boxing if i'm a manlet?
>>
>>20626
boxing is peak manlet sport after motorsport and lifting
>>
I wanna get punched in the face and punch people in their faces but I was told Im highly susceptible to detached retinas cause my vision is mega bad. -13 prescription.
How can I live my dream of getting shit on by people faster and stronger than me?
>>
>>21219
A kick centric martial art maybe?
>>
>>21225
Yes, because a kick to the head is so much better.
>>
>>18925
Just work out your arms and wrist? If you think you might hurt yourself throwing a punch you probably won't be punching your hardest.
>>
>>14426
based
ironically im pretty sure using boxing's techniques in tandem with kickboxing is moreso "american" kickboxing. Though labels just tend to hold you back so i usually just use it in tandem with muay thai because thats just not the retarded thing to do
>>
>>16786
Yeah ultimately shadowboxing is the preferred action. If you know your friends arent any risk and use masks or just dont venture out much and blah blah, then i dont see why not go with moderate sparring. Though ofc its best y'all use masks just for safety and whatnot. So if you're okay with that then go ahead. But for now i'd say just get your muscle memory working, weight shifting, weaving etc. Even if its just shadowboxing you can still work with some setups or again, muscle memory. Work those combos flawlessy along with footwork for the time being is ultimately the best option whether you wanna spar or not
>>
>>20626
yes.
t.5'4"
[spoiler]if its for self defense second best would be jiu-jitsu but thats only if you're nimble and can climb people's backs like a gremlin. [/spoiler]
>>
>>22406
I'm not really worried about coof, moreso that my friends are as stupid as I am and might not be worthwhile sparring partners. I don't know if a shitty partner is better than shadowboxing in the long run,
>>
>>16601
If a pro with a shit record asks you to spar kindly decline his offer. He will fucking body you just to get his confidence up.
>>
what glove size is better for bag work: 12oz, 14oz or 16oz?
>>
>>22998
16oz, it's what you use in the gym or in a match, so it's what you should get used to using.
>>
File: The_Boxer.png (359 KB, 619x897)
359 KB
359 KB PNG
>>14426
I started reading this manhwa from Webtoon, it's pretty cool: https://www.webtoons.com/en/sports/the-boxer/list?title_no=2027
>>
>reading gookshit
disgusting.
>>
>>21219
At -13 you won't be able to see your opponent never mind judge distance. BJJ for you if to want a combat sport.
>>
>>13470
Krav maga is such an ugly sport. There should be more focus on being able to defend oneself in style, meaning not resorting to extreme violence, like you do in judo, wrestling and even boxing. You'll notice that a person who has practiced krav maga is prone to showing off their 'skill' at any time where in reality de-escalate the situation would be better. This might be because the boxer is more humble and knows what he's capable of, and as someone who's done amateur boxing and has undergone extensive training to even be mediocre (which I am) I can safely say that even a mediocre boxer is still a deadly threat to most normal people walking around day to day. With that in mind you'll often see that serious boxers of any caliber will go out of their way to avoid a fight in real life, both to save their hapless would-be victim, and to save themselves from an almost guaranteed murder charge.
>>
RIP Hagler
>>
>>25168
MMA fags have the same mentality as Kravmagoos.
The less you LARP the more you humble
>>
>117-111
>Estrada winning 2nd and 3rd

Even if Chocolatito is getting noticeably older, this bullshit should not stand.
>>
>>11964
how to deal with pressure fighters?
>>
>>27012
WHy is this always asked, so much information out there already.
Use the jab and lead hook mixed with footwork to stay on the outside and circle out, learn to smother their work when they inevitably get on the inside (change levels use hand and head control)
>>
I have been wanting to get into boxing but I have never been in a fight in my life. Are there any youtubers or content creators that can detail how to throw a proper punch AND they know what they are talking about? Like when I throw a jab, it feels weak and airy. When I throw a right cross(?), it feels heavy and off balance at the same time as not feeling very powerful. Maybe its because I am just striking the air though. How did you learn how to throw a punch?
>>
Don't box, but I used to do Sanda.
How do you prevent getting uppercutted? I usually stand with my arms far from face, and it's okay for kickboxing, but a former boxer guy just effortlessly popped my head up during training we had.
>>
>>28434
>arms far from face
Try pushing into his shoulder or head, and move after your counters
>>
>>27012
You need better cardio

>>28413
>Why is this always asked?
People have shitty cardio and are looking for a trick.
The trick is 5k every day.
>>
>>16637
No. I've lady frame too and I'm quIte a heavy puncher myself. The tr1ck 1s to workout the forearms or your gr1pp1ng muscles. Do front planks but 1n a f1st post1on. Then try to only use one arm for support. 1tll be hard at f1rst, but try to keep 1t aroud a few seconds each arm and then slowly get 1t up. Eventually youll have rock hard f1sts. Thats about 1t. Gr1p t1ght before punch1ng.
>>
>>28434
Smack h1s uppers down.
>>28429
No. Go to a reputable gym.
>>22998
Depends how heavy the bag 1s and what you want to pract1ce
>>18925
L1terally doesnt matter. Lanky guys throw snapp1er punches, tank1er guys throw slower puncher that h1t l1ke a truck, usually.
>>
Is paying for a private trainer worth it?
I've read some horror stories of trainers discouraging clients from joining a gym or sparring because they don't want to lose clients
>>
Hey fellas I've been training for a year, I have a strong punch however I'm still slow and sometimes I'm unable to dodge the punches.
I want to improve this any tips?
>>
>>29112
Have you been getting under the slip bag or getting in the ring and practicing? You can even do defense only drills with a friend, where they just throw punches at you and you try to block or slip. If you want to duck and weave faster, keep practicing the motions. Bodyweight squats can help a bit, especially if you try to do them quickly.
>>
>>14407
Football is the strongest martial art
>>
>>15467
I always admired the way Tyson Fury scored touches.
>>
>>23681
Its way too overexaggerated. Don't go there if you're looking for actual boxing. read Rikudou or Hajime no Ippo.
>>
>>28563
>trick is wing chun
ftfy
>>
>>13470
I've thought about taking up boxing but gyms in my area sound about like that one. There's one legit boxing gym but it's for kids and it's basically all black in the hood, the rest of the options are literal strip mall mcdojos.
>>
>>30450
I'd just go to the one in the hood then. Just make sure that they have actual competitors. That's how I chose my last two boxing gyms.
>>
>>11964
That rat Stipe is getting his face caved in. Looking forward to the salt from racists.
>>
>>31432
racist here, not even mad.
Francis looked real good, like a different fighter altogether. Patient, more crisp and versatile, better tdd.
If he stays like this he's gonna be champ a long time. Mad respect.
>>
>>31449
Patient Francis is the scariest guy I've ever seen
>>
Anybody know what this shit on the heavy bag is called? Mine ripped and I need to know if I can replace it or if I just need to buy a new bag altogether.
>>
>>32613
where it ripped and how much does your bag weight?
you usually can just sew it back together but you gotta buy a stronger thread I think it's a nylon one.
>>
File: iu[1].jpg (45 KB, 1080x1260)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
How are everlast punching bags?
Currently I have a cheap bootleg punching bag and it clearly is of bad quality, but it's been holding 100lbs/45kg no problem. I want a heavier one (at least 170lbs/75) and I know mine won't support that much.
I live in a shithole and the only name brand I can find is everlast but the description always says the max weight is 45kg.
Can I try and push it or 100lbs is truly the heaviest I can find?
>>
>>33052
you could try pushing it but depending on how much you overstuff your bag you could break the straps that connect your bag to the chain. A cheap and durable option is to build a heavy bag out of tires. I've done it before and it works well.
>>
/box/ on /sp/ is trash. it used to be one of the best generals a few years ago.
>>
>>33588
Not the anon you were responding to but do tire heavy bags fuck up your gloves?
>>
>>34152
they haven't so far and I'm using fairly cheap gloves I got from Ringside Boxing. But if they do start getting fucked up, you could just cover the tire bag with a tarp or something.
>>
>>14407
>american martial arts
>boxing and wrestling
Dear lord anon
>>
File: t3 lx hg.jpg (31 KB, 474x474)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
What headgear do you guys use for sparring? I just ordered pic related to match my gloves.
>>
>>22401
Most of the best muay thai boxers have done boxing as well

https://youtu.be/ZN_RwV91Ig4
>>
>>12603
You can get punched in the face in Hockey too.
>>
>>34588
Collegiate wrestling is arguably an American martial art. There's nothing uniquely regional about the way we box though so yeah, that one shouldn't count.
>>
>>13470
If you’re boxing gym has fewer than 10 men per 1 woman it’s 100% a “boxing” gym, not a boxing gym.
>>
File: 1604304015474.jpg (16 KB, 250x201)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
any good strats against long-armed jab spammers? I can avoid the jabs but I don't yet have the speed to step forward while doing so. I can somewhat-consistently go for their chest while their arm is extended but it doesn't lead me anywhere and, even in the long run, the damage doesn't stack up to anything significant enough
>>
>>38927
In boxing you're awared points for punching people in the face, in hockey you're awarded a penalty card.
>>
>>36113
Send it back retard. Headgear protects you from cuts, increases risk of brain injury.
>>
Anyone who cant get back to the gym?
How are you keeping in shape,or getting back in shape?
Also,how the fuck do I get out of the ropes?or just any real close range situation without any space behind me?I usually panic and cover up,hunching over so I end up not being able to see the punches coming,the fear is the real problem I suppose
>>
>>13470
if your boxing gym doesn't have a bunch of late twenty something Mexican dudes who bring their kids that sit in the corner and hit each other with the pool noodles it isn't a boxing gym.
>>
>>39472
Practice throwing the jab while you slip the jab (to your right so you're outside their right hand obviously). I do this as a jab to the face or the body, and try to mix it up. The jab-slip-jab into the 2 is a great combo to advance with. I am a cruiserweight at 5'11" so I'm used to being shorter than my opponent and practice this a lot. Also practice parrying the jab with the right hand and throwing a quick 1-1 over the top of the hand you just slapped down. Usually they snap the left hand back to the face to protect and you get a free right hook to the body out of it.
>>
>>40619
Get your hands up around each side of their head. If you do it right you can use your elbows to lock out their uppercuts, and if they try to cut you down with body hooks from this position you are set up for fast slapping 3-4-3-4-3-4 action to the head. Even though you can't generate a ton of power from this position the sudden whiplash is very disorienting and can even KO if done well.
>>
File: boots.jpg (24 KB, 600x448)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
This is most probably gonna be a stupid question but: does anyone know if boxing footwear can be worn on the street? Like all day everyday?

I'm just an aspie that likes to have "be prepared for anything" shoes and I think boxing boots look cool as fuck. I know I can just use sneakers and I wouldn't look as ridiculous, but I'll ask nonetheless. And if it helps I'm actually a karateka, so I'm only half a poser.
>>
>>42072
I don't really get what you're asking. You want to be ready to fight or just wear it because it looks cool?
Anyways, the sole is very thin so you'll likely get pain on your feet and it will wear and tear way to fast.
>>
>>42271
I was asking for both purposes, but yeah, it's probably dumb. Thanks, though.
>>
File: 1617655319182.png (1020 KB, 1292x1200)
1020 KB
1020 KB PNG
>>11964
I'm going to run in a park with a friend tomorrow and bring some gloves so we can spar. We both have some light striking background but not specifically boxing. Should we just go at it and hit each other or do something more structured like practicing combinations and exercises before sparring? The aim is to keep it casual and fun.
>>
>>42864
I do that all every week and many people say it's dangerous but if you guys aren't retarded the worse that can happen is a bloody nose.
Do it on the grass, wear mouth guards, have common sense not to hit each other with full power.
>>
>>42873
*I do that every week
>>
What's up, /box/ers.
>>
>>42873
Well we sparred and it was pretty fun, we'll probably make this a regular thing. Maybe we'll even rope some other friends into it and start a fight club.
>>
>>12198
sp is just sport fans and talking about recent happenings in the sport, not about doing the sport. You can be into boxing without boxing, just as you can box without being into watching it.
>>
Is Gleasons a meme? Has anyone here been there or knows people who went there? I hear it’s the best in the world but i don’t see any noticeable coaches and the old dude who taught people like ali retired despite running the gym.

Any insight would be appreciated
>>
>>40619
You can clinch and spin your opponent onto the ropes or just circle out.
Bend at the waist where your head is on the left side of their hip and wrap up or pivot out to your right
Smother their work and get your left shoulder on their chest and your head on their left shoulder and sneak a right uppercut to the hea or body
Rope-a-Dope, lean into their body when you feel they want to create room to punch, pull your body back to the ropes, if the tension is low u can create enough room to avoid the punch and clinch or use the tension to throw back at your opponent
>>
>>43804
fellow nycfag, I've been there, once or twice to spar, they arent bad and a decent amount of them compete in the amatuers, if you wanna box some time join the /mag/ server we can probably meet up
>>
>>44145
>fellow nycfag, I've been there, once or twice to spar, they arent bad and a decent amount of them compete in the amatuers, if you wanna box some time join the /mag/ server we can probably meet up
I mean to learn boxing. I don’t want to be a paid pro; I want to learn like one and use it for exercise. I don’t want to learn bad form bad training is all
>>
>>44161
lol i assumed that was the purpose, what made you think I wanted you to go pro? I box for the same reasons
>>
>>28686
If you have the money and he has a good record
>>
>>39565
Kek
>>
I'm about to take my first boxing class on Friday. Is going once or twice a week enough? Also give me general tips pls.
>>
>>45511
I'm trying to go at least 3-4 times a week if I could. Also, keep your hands up. Always.
>>
>>36113
>headgear

lol gtfo
>>
Any kickboxers here can give me tips on spinning kicks/turning kicks? I keep losing balance and end up falling on my ass.
>>
>>45584
I'm a poorfag student from eastern europe and the sessions are 10 euros each, I don't think I can afford going more often.
>>
>>42072
Boxing shoes are paper thin and you will tear them in 5 seconds and you will need a second pair of boxing shoes for the actual boxing gym because your coach isnt going to let you destroy his mats with your shitted up shoes covered in road debris.
>>
>>45590
practice slow, each spin is really a two step turn, throw the kick only when you're balanced properly, depend more on flexibility not how far you can lean
>>
>>28434
>hands far from face
>get uppercut

Bring your hands up and close to your face.
>>
>>32613
Flex tape that shit nigga
>>
File: cassius clay.jpg (36 KB, 488x384)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
Tip...obey referees.
>>
>>46052
Fuck the refs. They're the jannies of boxing.
>>
Does bareknuckle boxing belong here?
>>
>>36113
i splurged and got the Winning Fg-2900 after using the Top Boxer gladiator headgear and an open face one and I can see why it's regarded so highly
>>
Do I have to get hit to get into boxing? I swear I can learn better with light taps with the knuckle. I don’t need an Injury or missing teeth
>>
Finally started at a boxing gym after spending the coof times trying to get /fit/ and sparring with a couple of mates. Fucking hell it's hard, the fitness side of it is brutal. Lots of fun though.
>>
>>46365
If you wear a mouthpiece and a decent headgear you'll be protected from most injuries. Going as close to full speed/power as you're comfortable with will help you learn more
>>
File: punching bag.jpg (31 KB, 605x590)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
My father came with a punching bag from nowhere and gave it to me. I don't know anything about training, you guys think I can watch a tutorial on youtube and practice a few punches or it will be bad for me when I get to start training in a school? If I start boxing, it wont be in this year, I cant. Any opinions on that?
>>
I only went to a kickboxing gym 4 years ago, and only for a month. I'm 21 now, and have been going to the gym for 3 years now. I'm pretty big and strong but I'm like 18-19% bodyfat I think, I'm trying to lose weight. Do any anons here do both boxing and gym? I dont want to stop going to the gym, but I'm not sure if I can do both. Maybe do 3 fullbody workouts per week and do boxing 2-3 times or something, I'm not sure yet.

Also, any tips for being better at moving and balance? I know it sounds like a really stupid question, especially for /xs/, but except lifting I've never done any sports, I feel like I'm not well-coordinated. I legit have to learn how to use my body more and be more present.
>>
>>49133
>or it will be bad for me when I get to start training in a school?
this

It's very easy to give yourself bad habits that are difficult to correct and would've been avoided had you had an instructor.

>>46365
You need to spar hard to a degree just to understand what's it's like as it's the closest to a real fight. However, you don't need to go hard that often. It's a balancing act between getting used to what a firefight is like while also preserving your brain cells. Also if you don't care about going pro or being really good, you can eschew hard sparring entirely.
>>
Now, what type of gloves should I use for work on the mitts and the bag? Over the years, I have used only 12 oz gloves for everything. But now, I'm thinking about buying a second pair of gloves. One for sparring, the other for pads and drills. What should I look for? Give me a short rundown.
>>
>>31432
Also racist, he's a blm fag so no skin off my bones.
>>
>>28569
Is your "I" key broken?
>>
>>21219
Teddy Roosevelt switched from boxing to judo when he detached a retina and decided that an incumbent President shouldn't be blind in both eyes.
>>
>>28686
>I've read some horror stories of trainers discouraging clients from joining a gym or sparring because they don't want to lose clients
How is that a horror story? If your trainer is being a dick and hindering your progress just fire him.
>>
>>39793
>increases risk of brain injury.
Sauce?
>>
>>42072
Here you go, bud:
https://www.lawboot.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=52
https://www.vivobarefoot.com/us/mens
https://www.russellmoccasin.com/minimalist-footwear-custom-made/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jika-tabi
https://us.vibram.com/Mens_FiveFingers_Category.html
>>
>>49135
>Do any anons here do both boxing and gym?
This seems like it would be normal. I did lifting six days a week and running seven days a week back when I was wrestling.
>>
>>49135
>any tips for being better at moving and balance
Look up agility dot drills and put some tape on the floor in front of your television or computer monitor or whatever. There are other common agility exercises you can look up, jump rope, etc. Practice your footwork and balance throughout the day whenever the opportunity presents itself (standing around? stand on one let. etc.).
> I legit have to learn how to use my body more and be more present.
Pretty much this. Literally just make a conscious effort to train these deficiencies consistently throughout the day and do some deliberate exercises when you can set aside the time.
>>
>>11964
Any tips for getting into boxing at age 30 without getting injured?
>>
>Gleasons requires everyone with a covid vaccination certificate
Yikes; guess I’ll go somewhere else
>>
>>49133
Yes, you can and should start training by yourself already. Just be ready to have your flaws pointed to you when you join a gym. Don't be like "oh, but I'm used to do it like this", just let the coach correct you.

Any training, no matter how sloppy, is better than no training at all. If you pick up bad habits you will correct them when you get proper coaching.
>>
Any top boxing gyms in nyc that aren’t gleasons? I’m not getting vx’d; I got the shit before and don’t want somewhere that has the vx requiremenr
>>
>>49135

>>49254

I agree with what he said. Also make sure to shadow box while focusing on staying mobile and balanced.
>>
How to strengthen knees from popping when pivoting for hooks?
>>
>>49308
How about rotating the lower leg too?
>>
>>11964
How much time would a decently skilled grappler need to put into boxing to be competent at MMA? I'm not looking to be UFC-tier or anything, I just want to learn a bit about striking so I don't get rocked in the off chance someone competent at boxing decides to swing at me.
>>
>>49251
Don't think there's any real proof for that one. It has been speculated that headgear only reduces superficial injuries while doing nothing to reduce concussion force to the brain, therefore increasing the amount of time you're willing to spar and increasing brain damage. But there's no study that demonstrates that. Headgear not reducing or eliminating brain damage is pretty accepted though. Your head is still getting rocked around and your brain is still rattling.
>>
>>49388
If there's one thing Askren taught us it's that you can be a pretty shit striker and still do well in MMA. Go to an MMA gym though, a boxing gym is not going to be the quickest way to your goals. Tbh I think you can learn basic defense in 3-6 months. If you ever try to stand and bang you'll still get worked but you won't die immediately at least.
>>
>>49255
>>
>>49320
i rotate my foot and my knee pops out of place
>>
>>49408
I wouldn't mind that, desu, I don't have health insurance right now and I pretty much want to get coached enough on some basics that I can beat up a bag for a while on my own before coming back and learning some more.

>>49402
Thanks anon. I'd like to learn boxing properly but there's simply not enough time in life to learn everything which is worthwhile or interesting. I'll probably go the MMA route when I get the chance.

>>49452
Unless you have something weird like Ehlers Danlos Syndrome you probably just need to strengthen your legs to stabilize your knees. Even if you have EDS they're going to prescribe physical therapy and strength training. tl;dr don't skip leg day.
>>
>>39472
I just spam my own jab even if I have a reach disadvantage and just keep walking forward. Just walk lanklets into the corner
>>
just lost my debut match a few hours ago
did my best but the jury voted the other guy, coach said it was really close though.
not taking it very well, any wise words /xs/?
>>
>>50025
It's your first fight, who gives a shit. No one cares who the smartest retard is.
>>
>>50025
Competition is ten times more instructive than normal training. You got to learn something and become a better fighter through losing this match. Use this experience to win your next bout.
>>
Stream gibs
>>
>>50081
wait till tomorrow, nigger
>>
>>50025
It doesn't get much worse than this, so if you can keep going you'll know you're strong enough.
>>
>>50025
do it again, watch your tape, ask anyone who saw your match where it went wrong, improve and retry. we all gotta take Ls you win by trying not crying.
>>
>>50025
you literally have nowhere to go but up
up you shall go
>>
>>16637
u need to exercise more.
>>
File: 1609477701851.png (19 KB, 678x585)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>50081
sportsurge
>>
File: 1614548703266.jpg (8 KB, 179x282)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>31432
>world's greatest nigger boxer can't even knockout random white suburban kid
I thought blacks were the best athletes?
>>
>>23681
love this manwha
https://youtu.be/bhoj16mVXFU
>>
>>49715
cute idea maybe youll get uppercuts as reward
>>
whats the best counter for that gay ass lean right back and swing hooks like an old timey fighter that you see all the time on street fight vids, especially if they have a decent reach advantage over you, Smash the body? I know you cant really sit down on your shots when you're leaning back like that so is it just best to blast your way through the wild swinging? With no gloves on though getting caught could be dangerous.
>>
>>39472
use ring caft to block them in a corner, jab spammers and bike runners go hand in hand, they can't jab you if your head is in their chest ripping the body.

you can also try what i call the safe jab, i think ggg uses it sometimes, basically you throw a jab and parry your right hand in front of your face ( if youre orthodox ) at the same time, almost like a double punch, you have to push your right hand quite hard to deflect their jab because parrys imo are pretty dangerous moves to begin with.
>>
File: 1614100145771.jpg (45 KB, 474x324)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>50049
>>50063
>>50149
>>50157
>>50175
guy in our local gym with 50+ matches (who also qualified for the national tournament multiple times) told me that he lost his first two matches, both by ko. Very inspiring, gonna keep going.

As to the match, I've rewatched it today and I was clearly slugging around by the third round, I rememeber feeling like my legs were paralyzed. I've asked Coach about going running to improve stamina but he advised against it: he sais that it's a movie thing and that going running trains a differnt type of breathing, which is not the type you need in boxing.
He suggested, if anything, to do three minutes of repeated 25 meter sprints back and forth with 5 seconds of rest between each sprint and a 1 minute break between each set.
Whacchu guys think? Have anything to share on stamina?
>>
>>11964
>>11964
was she faking ignorance at the beginning and making him drop his guard or she just got a lucky shot?
>>20084322
>>
>>14969
Kys faggot, I boxed for a bunch of years and graduated from college. Go suck a nigger cock
>>
>>50450
If you're linking to a post in another thread:
>>>/board/postNumber
>>
>>50415
Very far from an expert but I can confirm that sprinting rules and seems to have more application for martial arts. Look up the 'beep test' and give that a go. Heard it recommended by MMA guys.
>>
File: My Video4.gif (3.46 MB, 128x96)
3.46 MB
3.46 MB GIF
/box/ discord 3Ehw3jW3
>>
>>50415
All high level athleticism is build on a solid foundation of low-intensity aerobic exercise such as low intensity running and rope skipping, which will improve your heart's and lungs' overall capacity to absorb and transport oxygen and burn fat reserves. Once you've got that down, you also start doing anaerobic high intensity interval exercises to train your ability to sustain short glucose-driven energy outbursts where your muscles have to function without oxygen. Doing ONLY anaerobic exercise is amateur hour and can even fuck up your heart down the path by thickening it without first expanding it through aerobic exercise. Anaerobic exercise carries you through a few intense rounds, aerobic exercise will pull you through eight rounds without inevitably gassing.
Also, the lower your aerobic capacity, the sooner your body will resort to burning glucose, which means you'll be less capable of high intensity outbursts when the times comes. You want to have a high aerobic capacity so you can preserve your glucose for when it counts the most. It will also help you recover stamina quicker.
There's more to it than that, but do your low intensity exercise. For an amateur who only goes a few rounds endurance won't matter as much (which might be your coach's POV), but if you ever want to graduate that you'll need aerobic capacity. If you care about health and overall fitness, you'll also want it. Cut down on aerobic exercise for a few weeks before a fight, though.
There's even more to it than that but that's some basic shit your coach should know, and if he knows but doesn't care it's because he doesn't take you seriously.
>>
>>50810
Any good further reading you could suggest on this?
>Cut down on aerobic exercise for a few weeks before a fight, though.
Why?
>>
>>50825
I can't really name one source that's the end-all-be-all, but I'll find a few good ones and get back with them.
>Why?
I'm honestly not sure about the exact reason, but it's something I often see when looking up schedules of elite boxers. I'd guess it's just saving time and energy better spent on preparing yourself to really push yourself to the limit anaerobically and technically before a fight. Aerobic capacity won't really suffer if you put it off for a few weeks a few times a year either, since you won't fight very often.

You still need anaerobic exercise, mind you. The good thing about aerobic exercise is that you DON'T want to push yourself. So we're talking like five miles of uninterrupted running two days a week or so (if have to stop to recover, you're running too fast), and if you're not used to running that long, it's better to just run less than that and build up to that level. Best done in the morning and not as part of your other boxing training, so for instance you don't want to do shadowboxing, then go for a 30 minute run and come back and do the rest.

Also worth noting is that aerobic-anaerobic exertion isn't an either-or thing. Most of the time in boxing you'll be doing both at once. But anaerobic exertion is per definition difficult to sustain, so you want to have enough aerobic capacity to ease the anaerobic burden both during moderate exertion and during recovery.

Anaerobic is the most important for boxing, but you should still do both, with an ADEQUATE foundation of aerobic. You won't be continously pushing yourself to run for longer and longer periods the more you improve, since you aren't a long distance runner.
>>
>>50415
thats the good thing about amateur boxing , records don't matter as much because you just keep fighting again tournament style and each year is an opportunity to be better. I think one of the moloney brothers who now are world ranked pros said he lost his first 9 fights.

>>50810
I think the same thing, my coach purely focussed on intense anaerobic fitness because he said you're only doing 3 fast rounds,I can see his point but i never fully agreed with him my theory is because when you come off those intense bursts you're absolutely fucked, you need to still have a solid baseline to keep functioning before you go for your next flurry. It's also a mental thing as well, when I'm doing long runs and I'm feeling stuffed I just keep telling myself this is my normal operating level and what you just have to get used to.
>>
File: box.png (34 KB, 746x546)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
/box/ and /fit/ discord fKmhgJWP

Anthony Joshua is afraid of fighting Usyk. It's gonna be a close fight for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewg-z1GULZY

What are your predictions?

>>50942
Bioneer suggests training at 90% of your max heart rate is crucial for fighting. He says being in the ring is not like training on the bag with regular bouts of intensity broken up with some rest times. The idea is to try and extend your time spent in the 90% max heart rate region. People have managed to stay in there for up to 30 seconds and recovering in 30 seconds.

I've been planning on getting a heart rate watch that notifies you with a ping when when you get the 90% max heart rate region.
>>
>>51230
Based
>>
>>51230
>I've been planning on getting a heart rate watch that notifies you with a ping when when you get the 90% max heart rate region.
Eddie Hall uses some kind of monitor that sits on a band around his torso and communicates with an app on his phone. I would imagine that gets around some of the issues some people have with wrist mounted monitors.
>>
File: images.jpg (33 KB, 647x474)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
the amateur boxing subreddit is a goldmine
Only today Ive watched videos by two guys who are "self-taught" and Im legit wondering if they have autism or something.
Im awkward but I never moved like a retard like those two.And they are always dumb too, there was one guy a while back who uploaded a video of him "sparring" in his backyard against some latino manlet, it mainly consisted of him not throwing any punches but doing all of the little head movement, shoulder rolling and whatnot he had learned in his room through a fucking VR game.
It is truly amazing
>>
>>52341
Boxing is kind of like comedy at the amateur level. Obviously some talent trickles through but there's a huge contingency of headcases that are totally delusional about their skills or just genuine short-bus people who need to be stopped from uploading online. They keep at it for years too. Until they're in their mid 40's these people believe they're gonna hit it big one day. I don't know what it is, boxing probably just uniquely appeals to outcasts in low income brackets as a kind of starkly individual path to success. Helps if you've been bullied too, no one can make fun of you if you get paid millions to beat ass.
>>
>>11964
Boxing is inferior to wrestling cuz with wrestling I don't end up with fucking brain damage
>>
>>52341
the main mod there (Observante) is a retard too
>>
>>13470
Challenge the sensei and if you can beat him or even come close then you don't need him
>>
>>52350
>no one can make fun of you if you get paid millions to beat ass
People still make fun of Mayweather for being an illiterate manlet. No matter who you are someone can make fun of you for something.
>>
>>36113
what gloves do you have?
>>
>>52416
Lol I had almost forgotten that place already. I left a few weeks after that post.
I sparred with the coach once while in there. I'd say he had just a slight upper hand during our match but, first, I'm a kickboxer and kicks were my strong subject, I had never fought without it before; second he had a huge reach advantage, he's got 80 pounds on me too; third, it was after the class, so I was pretty tired while he had just stood there the whole class.
I know for a fact I could beat him now, even with the weight difference.
And something I didn't mention on my post because I noticed later: I threw like a thousand lead hooks in the time I was there and he would say it was great. A little after I quit the place I found out I was doing it completely wrong.
>>
File: 1-2.webm (953 KB, 640x480)
953 KB
953 KB WEBM
>sXnttWnf

/box/ and /fit/ server to make friends, share shadowboxing, bagwork and sparring. We have some serious competitors among us and some huge lifters.

Bring your bants. Bring your memes. Have fun.

I'm trying out German Volume Training to gain some ligament strength before I start powerlifting to help with my boxing.

Also rate my 1-2. My opponent likes to parry by jab down which exposes me but I dont know any other way around this.
>>
>>14596
facts
>>
>>39472
You can punish bad jab technique with lead hooks if you choose your timing right. Just wait till you see them get sloppy with their form like not returning their hand to their face or not getting that shoulder up when they throw.
>>
>>53502
Feint a jab and then wait for him to parry it and then counter. Works well for me
>>
>>51230
>Bioneer suggests training at 90% of your max heart rate is crucial for fighting
Of course it is, but that's not mutually exclusive with low intensity. You don't get worse at one if you also train the other.
>>
>>49255
Same situation. I got a garage gym for COVID with a heavy bag, Wave Master, speed bag, a DIY slip bag, wraps, gloves, and a TV to watch y0utube videos for workouts.
I checked out a few gyms near me and all seemed safe but the safest gym seemed to be the TITLE GYM that had solo workouts. No sparring. Simply different bag workouts with calisthenics.
The problem is the sparring is the most important part.
>>
>>33052
I've used mine for a while now and it hasn't seriously busted on me, cant say the same for the stand though, so keep that in mind
>>
File: fitbox.png (56 KB, 897x613)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
We are at 70 members now. Come and join we need to some top tier boxers. We have many competitors among us.

Also we invite /fit/ peeps who lift for power, aesthetics, and theres a home for calisthenics guys.

>axeJCg6D
>>
>>
File: Mantequilla.webm (1.06 MB, 394x312)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB WEBM
>>
how do I throw a good right handed punch?
>>
>>54656
with your right hand
>>
>>11964
I do MMA and prefer boxing styles over kicking
Any way I can stop people punching me in the belly?
My style I guess what would be called peekaboo, which leaves my stomach open all the time
>>
>>54772
ur hands are up too much. u really dont need to shell up unless moving in or getting blitzed
>>
Im sick and tired of hyperextending my arms when I punch, mainly the jab. If im clearheaded, even when im throwing hard shots its not a problem but as soon as I lose focus in some way or enter tard rage mode ill start snapping my shit in my elbow. Im going to be crippled soon. Anyone have any tips on hyperextending?
>>
>>21219
Fuck, I never thought of this shit. I got bad vision, I go outdoors more to help it but I need thick glasses. I wanna do some form of martial arts once I'm done with university. Am I fucked?
>>
>>55305
eye training. yes it exists. no its not bullshit. do it
>>
>>55291
Then don't enter tard rage.
>>
any CA ucks recommend gyms? Also how do I tell if a gym is good or not? I'd ask on the /sp/ thread but everybody there is autistic and only cares about watching it
>>
How do I know if a gym is good or not?
>>
>>12198
/sp/ is just a fourth /pol/.
>>
>>55481
if they have atleast 2 or 3 competing in amatuers or pros and have won atleast a city wide tournie, if the amtuer scene sucks as long as they spar you should be fine
>>
>>49278
you in nyc? looking to box with more niggas
>>
i think boxing is way cool. what can i do at home alone with things i can buy off amazon, in an apartment (so no floor standing heavy bag) that is actually useful?
>>
>>55747
A speed bag I guess. I doubt any DVD or book on boxing would be too useful without people to train with.
>>
>>11964
>https://is2.4chan.org/gif/1625848884875.webm

what do you do if you're the guy?
>>
>>55949
wait, was she pretending not to know how to box at the beggining or that hook was just a lucky shoot?
>>
File: fitbox.png (71 KB, 897x613)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
u4jkKZnp

90 members on the box discord now. Come join bois.

I've been doing a little research trying to work out why there is such a huge power difference between pros and ammies. I think I worked it out. When pros hit the heavy bag they focus on one power punch with a bunch of weakers ones in between just to keep the heart rate going.

Canelo:
https://youtu.be/pYZiMlrJjsI?t=20

Foreman:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApQlzehYyfo

Mayweather:
https://youtu.be/16yNNX4hHwk?t=99

GGG:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY5P0vlg9L0
>>
>>56334
Did anyone else notice the power different in the punches in Mcgregor and Mayweathers fight?

I think this is the answer. Mcgregor doesnt do heavy bag like the pros.
>>
>>56334
>>56335
Now lets have a look at the Amateurs heavybag work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSupIlIYIog

They are focussed on point scoring and barely touch it.
>>
>>56335
https://youtu.be/fill4Vsf5Io?t=107
>>
>>55736
Ty anon. Hard to get a lot of info on places just by looking online
>>
>>56334
>>56336
Or, you know, it could be that most amateurs are teenagers that havent grown into their full adult strength yet. Next youll be telling us amateur boxers also punch a lot faster... almost like theyre younger
>>
>>11964
I watched Ip Man a while back and thought the wing chun wooden dummies looked cool and made a cool noise when people hit them, seemed like a relaxing practice. I'm a grappling and weapons guy, don't know a lot about striking but would like to get more into it. How retarded would it be to get a wooden dummy instead of a heavy bag?
>>
>>56396
Most competitors are 25, and Ive watched some at 30.

Youre wrong.

>>56399
absolutely retarded
>>
>>56396
And to add to this. Youre fucking retarded cus olympians deliberately try to fight for points instead of damage. Watch the heavy bag footage of the olympian I posted. Hes touching the bag and taking huge lunges bacwards. Most of them fight like this. If you watched some ammie fights you would know that. Fucking kid. I'll give you the one bang and youre out. What you know bowt switching to lead with the right, when I give you the bang, youll be saying good night.
>>
How the fuck do I weave faster? I only block in sparring because I feel really insecure dodging.
>>
>>55291
Go rock lee style on the heavy bag. One punch at a time. I had the same problem and it helped develop a sense of power and distance.
>>
>>56505
You have to know your shit well enough to be on the move before the punch is even thrown at you. There's no shortcut there.
>>
>>21219
Justin gaejhe has bad eyes think -12 in left and -6 in right
>>
>>11964
I'm really interested in getting into amateur boxing for 1. self defense and 2. fun. However, my brain function is really important to me. If I do a few years of light-medium sparring will I lose IQ points or get dementia in 20 years? I'm 26 btw
>>
>>56505
>>56512
this. Slips and weaves are pre-emptive. You can tell when to slip depending on the distance between you and the opponent.

Our /box/ server has 2 slippers, my self and a bob and weave fellow. We can give you lost of advice.

uyyf2wwc
>>
>>56483
>absolutely retarded
Yeah, I figured.
>>
>>56335
>>56337
DESU I think Connor's biggest problem is he developed too much hubris. Nearly every single training video he's basically shadowboxing alone, working the bag alone, things like that. I cringed when I watched him warming up versus Poirier, all of his trainers standing to the side uselessly while he shadowboxed.
The trainers are there for a reason. And they can help you even if you're a better fighter than them, because at the level he can hire them they are downright fantastic at training fighters even if they can't compete at that level themselves.
Dude was good when he was in his prime before he got to doing too much drugs and got to be too full of himself, fighting at weight classes too big for him.
The reality is most of the time he doesn't have a trainer helping him. Correcting his form, keeping him working hard, keeping on him. It's him doing it for him. Maybe that's because he doesn't think the trainers have anything to offer him, I'm not sure. But he doesn't work with other partners anywhere near often enough.
>>
>>56741
that makes a lot of sense. Its curious for a pro-fighter who has had elite boxing coaches not implement a single thing hes learned from the coaches or the pro boxers he has sparred.
>>
>>56761
I consider it the "I'll never be a white belt again problem"
When I was a kid my teacher told me a story. It was about a group of monks who had become world renowned martial artists. These guys had black belts that were worn out and covered in stripes. And so they asked their sifu, their teacher: "Sifu, what's left to learn? There is no technique we don't know, and we do all of them well."
The teacher paused and calmly walked out of the room. He came back with a box of white belts for his students. The students were aghast at first, they had earned their rankings!
The Sifu explained: "There is ALWAYS more to learn. If you become too proud you will plateau and stagnate and eventually fall. You must remember how you were receptive to knowledge as a white belt and strive to get that back"
The lesson was what trainers are trying to say when they say "stay humble". Connor is a good fighter, and part of being at that level is the extreme confidence and belief in yourself. It's absolutely part of what makes a special fighter special. But in exploring that part, you can't let it overwhelm you to the point that you'll begin ignoring sensible advice. Always remember, you might be a better fighter than me, but that doesn't mean I can't give you something that makes you a better fighter if you let me.
>>
>>56765
I have a very unpopular opinion about improving. You need to spar fighters worse than you.

Sparring someone worse than you is just more interesting pad / bag work.

You are safer against a noob vs a pro which allows you to try more creative things to find the angles.

When you are safe you have a higher percentage chance of landing, which allows you to tweak your balance, say for example, after a slip, your foot positions and body positioning, allowing you to perfect your combos.

Ofc its important to fight good fighters too, but for perfecting body positioning for combos I prefer weaker opponents.
>>
What do you guys think about Marvin Cook? I think he's got good points on making balance a high priority and footwork being the most important fundamental but some of the stuff he says I can't really agree with. He seems to teach people to fight idiots instead of boxers of equal skill.
>>
>>56887
I don't box but I've reached the same conclusion from other fighting disciplines. It's not even an unpopular opinion, come to think of it--I distinctly remember coaches encouraging us to use noob partners to sandbox new approaches and techniques and I definitely parrot that advice after finding it helpful.
>>
File: unknown.jpg (1.08 MB, 1336x5488)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
>>56932
I haven't really heard of him before lol. I dont watch much boxing. What can you tell me about him and why should I watch him?

I recently watched Canelo Saunders and then people in our /box/ discord suggested I should watch Canelo Lara to see Canelo against a tough opponent. It was incredibly interesting fight but I wish canelo hadn't slowed down so much in rounds 11-12 it was quite annoying to see. Dude needs answers to fighters who lunge in like that. I suppose he didnt have anything left in his gas tank after he went balls to the wall in r4-7

BTW here is our server link. It would be nice to have people who know about boxing join so we can have multiple views.

>g4KArwrw
>>
>>57974
Cook is a boxing coach, posted lots of videos on yt a decade ago
>>
>>57976
He started posting again a few months ago.
>>
>>54556
Why dont modern day boxers have this spring in their movements?
>>
>>58282
Different punching technique.
>>
>>58282
They opt to sit on their punches more because it generates more power and consumes less energy.

The bouncing has great defensive and offensive utility though because it disguises your movements.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.