[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 115 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 19th Birthday 4chan!

File: u wot.jpg (263 KB, 2392x1592)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
Yokozuna edition

Old thread >>104384

Next basho: September 11 - September 25

Current Makuuchi banzuke: https://sumo.or.jp/EnHonbashoBanzuke/index/
Current Juryo banzuke: https://sumo.or.jp/EnHonbashoBanzuke/index/

Info on Sumo - Sumopedia: https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/sumo/sumopedia/
Official Sumo site: https://sumo.or.jp/En/
Sumo database: http://sumodb.sumogames.de/Default.aspx
Last basho highlights: https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/sumo/highlights/

We'll move to /sp/ for the basho thread when it starts.
>>
File: waka.jpg (141 KB, 612x916)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
first for wakatakakage
>>
File: hcfgdsa.jpg (601 KB, 2048x1536)
601 KB
601 KB JPG
>>
Despite Chris's baseless assumptions of Isegahama rigging the banzuke (no wonder nobody professional wants to deal with you) he was right that Endo did get rigged to stay higher by the JSA as a whole
>>
>>113633
Yeah. I can't remember where I heard it, but someone explained it as a puzzle piece. There's always ONE guy who is laughably under- or over-promoted, but his positioning makes everyone else make sense. If you move that one guy to where he should be, now you have a dozen guys in the wrong slot.

With this banzuke, who the fuck knows?
>>
File: chiyonofuji.webm (2.61 MB, 720x720)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB WEBM
>>
File: 1642097346576.gif (2.48 MB, 600x338)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB GIF
For those new to sumo or new to the current fighters

>Official List of Rikishi to Hate On
Mitakeumi
Hoshoryu
Abi
Endo
Tochinoshin
Ichiyamamoto
Terutsuyoshi
Takayasu (if about to choke)

>Official List of Rikishi to Like
Terunofuji
Shodai
Ichinojo
Wakatakakage
Kotonowaka
Tobizaru
Ura
Takarafuji
Aoiyama
Chiyomaru (J)
Akiseyama (MS)
>>
>>113642
Terutsuyoshi ofc swaps to the liked group when he starts HEEMing people instead of going for leg picks
>>
File: 1661970014271576.png (826 KB, 900x1299)
826 KB
826 KB PNG
The great oozeki Oonaruto.

Like a one-rank-down Kaiou, he spent just short of 10 years at sekiwake consistently putting up strong results without making it to oozeki - until, with him at age 37 and approaching retirement, Tokyo Sumo seemed to decide to just give it to him. At his new rank, he took part in one basho in which he went 5-1-3 with a draw, and promptly retired.

It is said that, while sekiwake, Oonaruto once received license from the local Hyougo government in order to do yokozuna dohyouiri while on jungyo there. However, the tsuna he wore in the performances was yellow. Pretending to be a yokozuna to draw crowds seems not to have been rare for rikishi on jungyo, and the common practice to avoid offending the sensibilities of the Yoshida was simply to change the color of the rope; thereby, it was implied that this yokozuna-wearer was not the same as a yokozuna who was licensed by them.
Supposedly there are contemporary illustrations of these yellow yokozuna, but I have not found them.
>>
>>113606
Sumo Links pastebin (partially updated):

https://pastebin.com/aVhRtwDH
>>
>>113642
I'd swap Hoshoryu and Tobizaru
>>
>>113595
most likely failing with the grip first before actually tiring out.
>>
>judges stopping the match and letting rikishi to rest
interesting
>>
>>113606
Sumo is an excellent place to make money off of the Yakuza sports betting apparatus in the Japanese underground.
>>
>>113700
Baseball is almost certainly better for that
>>
>>113682
Doesn't always work out flawlessly, though.
https://youtu.be/9Ly6o7erBNE?t=23
>>
>>113773
Robbed my man's first kinboshi
>>
>>113773
different case.
What I saw today in 2009 tournament was the stalled match because wrestlers were simply tired after 4 minutes.
>>
Akiseyama may have the ugliest body, but which guy has the most beautiful and aesthetic frame?
>>
File: Ichinojou.png (845 KB, 564x564)
845 KB
845 KB PNG
>>113784
I know, I just wanted an excuse to post it.
>>
File: 202008300001220-w1300_1.jpg (204 KB, 1300x1273)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>>113809
easily
>>
>>113809
Kotoeko for me
>>
>>113809
see>>113618
>>
>>113809
Oho, three years from now.
>>
File: 12725.jpg (17 KB, 320x213)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>113809
Ishizaki

https://www.nikkansports.com/battle/sumo/photonews/photonews_nsInc_202105230000640-1.html
>>
File: tanji.jpg (27 KB, 404x450)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>113809
Tanji
boy is only 16yo
also started with a 12-2 record that went unnoticed in this general
>>
File: 1625738499276.jpg (53 KB, 600x400)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>113886
Well, they all look fine when they start.
>>
>>113886
He's half-russkie btw
>>
>>113889
mongolchads...
>>
File: photo1660827283 (1).jpg (404 KB, 1102x2624)
404 KB
404 KB JPG
>>113809
>>
>>113809
Idk boys, hard to beat my niqqa Ishiura
>>
>>113932
Any news on him? I figure he'd be retiring pretty soon from his injury now that he's in division 3.
>>
File: peakphysique.jpg (11 KB, 198x321)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>113809
>>
File: h2.png (755 KB, 916x1298)
755 KB
755 KB PNG
Yokozuna Konishiki, the more successful Konishiki.
>>
it's weird to me that ichinojo doesn't do weight training.
I can imagine most modern yokozuna like Ama, Asasshoryu or Hakuho hit the weights pretty hard and I wonder why the fucking sanyaku rikishi does bodyweight squats.
very silly
>>
>>114019
Possibly related to his horrible back issues?
>>
>>114019
Ichinojo is a literal peasant farmer from Mongolia, in a small and not very prestigious stable. There is no reason to expect him or his oyakata to be particularly modern in their approach to training. I would certainly like to see the rikishi making full use of cutting edge sports science and the new metas that would evolve from that, but the old-fashioned exercises they do in training have a charm of their own and help remind me that sumo is more than just a sport, it is a way of life that you cannot find anywhere else.
>>
>>114023
>old training
except previous farmers-peasants rikishi of the past were ripped as fuck and clearly lifted whatever they could afford to lift.
I can imagine ichinojo with his fucking frame and proper training could have been a yokozuna a long time ago
>>
File: small.jpg (80 KB, 600x450)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>114019
many of them dont do anything but bodyweight exercise. abi, mitakeumi, etc look like they don't even know what a dumbbell is.
many aren't particularly strong either
>piss poor squat form and LMAO baby weight 100kg only 2pl8m8
pic related
>asanoyama 200kg x2 (dogshit for his weight)
https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChjxosLq_KY/
this account has some good training on it to give people an idea of whats being dine
>hakuho speed vench with 80kg(?) and chains
https://www.instagram.com/p/BffzE9gFzKR/
>terunofuji rack pulling 300kg and benching 200kg with help
https://youtu.be/xaTjkX_vHbY
Ishiura has been said to have hit 200kg bench, and looks the part. some others that look like they train with western style exercises would be Wakatakakage and recently retired Shohozan for example. Takarafuji probably does too much weight training and not enough sparring feom how stiff he is
hakuho and terunofuji are proof that its a balancing act with training and your fighting style. id probably do whatever split they use, ig. 40% gym 60% sparring/training/practice
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (49 KB, 640x568)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
I just bought an Akebono tegata off of eBay for 15 bucks. It's legit. Very happy with myself.
Christ, the dude has some mitts on him.
>>
>>114081
not reading all that shit but I somewhat agree, bodyweight exercises are a joke.
>>
>>113886
He's cute...
>>
File: url(279).jpg (79 KB, 680x1143)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>114083
Depends on the weight of the body. If Ichi's doing squats he has to lift 150kg more than most people in this thread.
>>
File: ichi.jpg (365 KB, 960x1347)
365 KB
365 KB JPG
>>
>>114082
bruh that literally says Konishiki
>>
>>114120
you can see he's not a very bright individual even for a sumo wrestler
>>
File: konishiki.jpg (262 KB, 1024x768)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
>>114082
As the other poster said, that's Konishiki. The red seal in the bottom left has the shikona written cleanly for this very reason.
>>
File: 20220131_123822.jpg (3.44 MB, 2840x2130)
3.44 MB
3.44 MB JPG
>>114082
i got a hakuho print. the copies are pretty cheap.
>>
>>114082
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO
>>
>>114082
Akebono starts with a 小?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGD4EQMgbYE

Akebono, Musashimaru and Konishiki
>>
>>114279
they don't care what you think and never will.
>>
>>114284
bbbbut chris told me-...!
>>
UPDATED
>>
>>113663
I've fixed a few things:

https://pastebin.com/P9uMugR2
>>
>>114288
You should make an entry for Mitakeumi when he's got disease exemption. Maybe put him in SSS.
>>
>>114288
please remove the Chaplin reference
not the hairy bear of course
go with something like "oso peloso" or "ursus peludo"

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ursidae
>>
So now that the dust is about to be kicked up, will this basho be the same coof shitshow as last time? Has the JSA announced any kind of policy?
>>
>>114288
I'm going to miss Queijo, but I'm glad to see Jaja. Hopefully he can stay in makuuchi.

My wife suggested Ichiyamamoto as Abierto Falso. She refers to him as Discount Abi.
>>
>>114310
>Ichiyamamoto as Abierto Falso. She refers to him as Discount Abi.
Why, though?
>>
>>114312
Ichiyamamoto does everything Abi does, but slightly shittier, even down to the super-high shiko.
>>
>>114288
E tier is the best
>>
>>114306
coof thing was a setup to save mitakeumi's rank it was never real
>>
>>114324
That's why he's in SSS.
>>
>>114279
AAAAaaaasssSssssAAAAaaaanooooooooooYAaAAAAAAAMmmAaaaaaAAA
>>
>>114309
The cases in Japan are dropping but they're still as high as last basho, just on the other side of the peak. So I assume there will be some disruption.
I don't think they have a policy they have announced, but I hope they shift it to isolating people that have it rather than knocking out whole stables with no symptoms.
>>
>>113642
>>
File: 1616315800713.png (513 KB, 576x614)
513 KB
513 KB PNG
>Sumo starts next week
>Takayasu covid-meta
It's time
>>
>>114369
fake list
>>
>>114376
Surely he'll get his first yuusho, right?
>>
>>113642
>>114369
>>114377
All these lists are silly. People can have all sorts of reasons for liking or disliking a given wrestler. No need to plug yourselves into a hivemind, for down that path lies only reddit.

t. the only Oho fan under the age of 70.
>>
>>114396
your take is like a 70 year old faggot
>>
>>114403
Dismissing reddit hurts your feelings? weird. Maybe you should go back and see how your favorite site is holding up.
>>
>>114396
I'm under 70 by more than a few decades and I like Oho. I know what you mean, though. It's mostly old people who remember Taiho who like Oho.
>>
>>114407
Any similarities other than blood?
>>
File: taiho.jpg (900 KB, 1536x2048)
900 KB
900 KB JPG
>>114412
Not really. Taiho was a once-in-a-generation combination of size, power, skill and aggression. Oho is a decent rikishi (you don't make makuuchi being mediocre) but can't possibly match his grandfather. Growing up with that kind of legacy is always going to be tough. "Just be like your grandfather...y'know, one of the all time greats."

Oho is way too passive and, while he's got monster size and weight, not enough of that weight is muscle.
I know he's the same age as Hoshoryo and Kotoshoho, but Oho seems more like a kid than those others.

picrel, there's definitely some family resemblance, though.
>>
>>114427
>same age as Hoshoryo and Kotoshoho
That's fucking weird.
>>
>>114396
its called a joke
>>
File: 196011.jpg (49 KB, 650x525)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>114431
To further illustrate the gap between the two: Oho is currently at M13, his career high, at age 22. Taiho had three tournaments at ozeki before turning 21.
>>
>>114478
That's why I want Oho to do well. I kind of feel bad for him. He was on a crazy sports variety show with a bunch of other rikishi and everyone's having a good time, then the host mentioned Oho is the grandson of the daiyokozuna and the smile just vanished from Oho's face. (Abi, for reference, was howling with laughter the entire show.)

When he was a young kid, his size advantage just allowed him to bowl over opponents, most of whom were terrified of Taiho's grandson. For that matter, his father was a sekiwake, noted fuckup Takatoriki, who was pretty vicious in the ring.
Now that he's at the current level he's learning, like most do, that at this level, size and strength can almost be taken for granted and you need skill.

You can tell he's trying, but every loss he takes brings a chorus of "He is definitely not his grandfather or even his father" and, on top of that, he fights out of one of the single most dumpster-fire stables. His stablemaster never got higher than juryo and basically lucked into the job when Takatoriki got canned.
Oho has never been able to practice against anyone of his own size or skill because his stable can't recruit well (It could when it was still Taiho stable) and the past two years of coof means that he's basically never been able to visit other stables to train either.

Sure, he's been dealt a great hand, genetically, but he is kind of having to do this all on his own.
>>
>>114431
Hoshoryu and Oho (then wrestling under his own name, Naya) actually fought in maezumo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt9_ofiTUWo

I would have called for a mono-ii, to be honest.
>>
File: 2.jpg (25 KB, 640x480)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
I'm going to try sumo soon. What am I in for? I've done BJJ and judo before.
>>
>>114513
Some bastardization of what someone thinks is sumo
>>
>>114513
Absent all the pageantry and ritual of ozumo, sumo is just wrestling wearing an oversized jockstrap. You'll probably be bored.
>>
>>114522
>>114515
>>
>>114503
webm-ized

>>114513
Are you in the US?

Like other anons said, at the end of the day it it's belt wrestling with limited striking allowed. I will say that ring outs does add a new wrinkle to the game. In BJJ and judo, if you go out of bounds, the ref will reset you to where you were. In sumo, you have to really be aware of your positioning because ring out is game over. There are very few gripping restrictions, so most takedowns are fair game. Upper body throws/takedowns tend to be safer than lower body ones in sumo as you'll lose if you get sprawled/stuffed (but you can still make them work).

I think it'll improve your BJJ/judo game if that what you're doing it for. If you're doing it for kicks, then it'll be fun.
>>
>>
>>114496
The Taihou thing does suck, but I think I feel worse for him for the Takatouriki part. Every current oyakata personally knows, and presumably hates, his father. That can't do him any favors behind closed doors. Remember that Kasugano got a slap on the wrist for beating his deshi with golf clubs - even that only because it leaked to the papers.
>>
>>114513
>I'm going to try sumo soon
go have fun. expect nothing out of it
>>
File: fat squat.jpg (767 KB, 1536x2048)
767 KB
767 KB JPG
in india kushti/indigenous wrestling, semen retention(celibacy)is an important part of training and developement.
is there any such analogous tradition in sumo? maybe not anymore...but it existed in the feudal era?
>>
>>114572
Considering how highly sexual Japanese society was before it came into contact with the west, probably not.
>>
considering rikishi train palm strikes,"slaps" against a big wooden post;how does a sumo slap compare in power to a kung fu palm attack?
>>
New episode!
Reaching the 1%
https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/ondemand/video/5001359/
>>
I've always disliked Hiro Morita's commentary on NHK, but I love the YouTube channel he's doing because it's hilarious seeing rikishi awkwardly speak English and look off-camera like
>Am I doing this right? You told me to do this, right?... When can I stop?
>>
>>114572
>semen retention
the dumbest meme ever
>>
>>114698
>t. chronic coomer who can't hold his load for more than a week
>>
>>114704
>dyel virgin
>>>/r9k/
>>
>Ichinojo says he loves sleeping
I laughed more than I should have because of all the sleep memes
>>
Charlie Chaplin and his brother visit with Shimizugawa, Musashiyama, and Tamanishiki.
(By doing so, Chaplin inadvertently avoided being killed in a now-infamous coup attempt: the rebelling soldiers were under the impression that he would be with the prime minister, and had plotted to kill them both.)
>>
Stupid sumo elder stock question:

I looked at the wikipedia entry for the latest list of sumo elders (which is kept pretty well up to date, since they had Kaisei becoming Tomozuna the day it happened) but they also list about a dozen guys who are only borrowing their stock, including Kasei.

They list his stock as being borrowed by the now-retired Tomozuna (formerly Kaiki). How can someone keep a stock to lend if you're retired?
>>
>>114513
I have done some bjj (blue belt) and judo (three semesters of PE in uni) and do e sumo only once during a Japanese culture event and was surprised at how much the mawashi let's you control the opponent, it locks the hips a lot and doesn't move and slide in that as you'd have with a grip on a gi.
>>
File: toshiyori myouseki.png (106 KB, 1145x256)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
>>114760
Because the stocks are massive financial investments for the people who 'own' them, the Kyoukai gives the existing owner a period of 3 years following mandatory retirement age to designate a successor (who will buy or lease the name) before/or else they will reclaim it. There are endless sketchy details around this, but that's the general picture.

Note that this says 65 because sanyo didn't exist when it was written.
>>
>>114827
Oh, OK. So after 65 (or 70 if they do the consultant thing) they are out of the JSA but they can still hold onto their share for a little?

I didn't think you could officially buy shares anymore, but I assume it's a situation where you give me your share and I, in an entirely unrelated matter, buy you a 10 million dollar cantaloupe.

So how on earth did Okinoumi and Endo wind up with shares? Are their supporters clubs that well plugged-in?

Also, Is Kakuryu on his 5-year free membership just waiting for a specific person to retire in order to get their share or is he scrambling to get anyone's share?
>>
File: kissu.jpg (1.44 MB, 2667x1367)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB JPG
>>114831
>So after 65 (or 70 if they do the consultant thing) they are out of the JSA but they can still hold onto their share for a little?
Yes.

>Is Kakuryu on his 5-year free membership just waiting for a specific person to retire
My recollection is that he's after the Izutsu name, though we don't know the specific circumstances.

Ultimately - kabu discussion is an abyssal clusterfuck. There's a great degree of murky bullshit that's sprung up from 2013-14 changes in how kabu work, which were for legal reasons. What happened seems to be extremely technical and opaque, with not even SF's veterans sure on the finest details. To give an idea - loans were explicitly abolished under threat of expulsion, but also there are still public loans. Individuals who aren't using kabu can still own kabu, even though the Kyoukai technically owns and controls all kabu.

Moreover, there are no official public records of who 'owns' which kabu (as none of them legally own anything), and no incentive to publicize any exchanges unless the name is immediately going into use. There are instances of years passing before the public realizes that a kabu has been sold. Sometimes it appears that ichimon themselves own kabu, rather than individuals within the ichimon. If I'm remembering right, to date, it still isn't clear who the 'real owner' of Takekuma was before it went to Goueidou in 2019. Point is, don't get too hung up on any individual event.

Here, I found a post that elaborates on some of the theory.
http://www.sumoforum.net/forums/topic/12380-latest-stock-exchange-news-kabu-oyakata-transfers-etc/?page=42&tab=comments#comment-441850
>>
>>114840
>My recollection is that he's after the Izutsu name, though we don't know the specific circumstances.
If that’s the case he’s kind of screwed because Shimanoumi has that one pretty well locked up.
He married the daughter of the former Izutsu and changed his name to hers. … which kind of makes him Terao’s nephew?

For Kakuryu, the Michinoku share is free in 2 years so maybe he’s waiting on that.
>>
>>114698
I used to think I was the big shit for doing SR..now I still do SR(day 100 here,or 120? i dont count no more),but i view it as something so supremely obvious and taken-for-granted, I never talk or think about it.
>>
>>114513
head bonks at the tachiai
>>
>>114905
>For Kakuryu, the Michinoku share is free in 2 years so maybe he’s waiting on that.
Right, but maybe he would be purchasing Michinoku so that he could trade with someone. Things like that happen. Maybe he has already paid for Michinoku, and we don't know it. That's why I say we don't know the circumstances of what he's doing.
>>
The boys are doing this rock-paper-scissors thing again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9fDOSRByyY

For the life of me, I have no idea why this is so entertaining.
Watching Ichiyamamoto crack up is also entertaining.
>>
>>115053
>>For the life of me, I have no idea why this is so entertaining.
Probably the gap from their usual reserved presentation.
>>
File: some guys.jpg (3.63 MB, 2200x1755)
3.63 MB
3.63 MB JPG
c. 1877, assorted juryo(!) and makuuchi rikishi.
This may be the earliest photograph of a juryo wrestler, but I wouldn't begin to know how to check.
>>
>>115085
What year was juryo split off from makuuchi?
>>
File: url(297).jpg (68 KB, 1024x724)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
Three days to go...
>>
>>115152
Kawaii!
>>
>>115121
Your question (I assume you meant makushita) made me realize the source I was looking at was incorrect. Juryo did not split off from makushita until 1888, so they're actually makushita and makuuchi rikishi.
That, then, gives us the unusual phenomenon of makushita rikishi wearing keshomawashi. I haven't checked to see if that was normal at the time, but clearly it must have been acceptable.
>>
File: musashi.png (2.29 MB, 1858x1023)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB PNG
Be honest bros, how long does he have left...?
>>
>>115283
significantly longer than akebono
>>
I want to learn sumo, but I only weigh 65kg
>>
>>115287
EAT. THE. DAMN. RICE.
>>
>>113618
Yes!
>>
Your predictions before we migrate to /sp/ for two weeks?

>Yusho
Terunofuji
>Jun-Yusho
Kotonowaka
>Breakout Performance
Oho
>Disappointment
Midorifuji
>Meme level
7/10
>>
>>115307
>Yusho
Shodai
>Jun-Yusho
Mitakeumi / Teru
>Breakout Performance
Atamifuji
>Disappointment
Takayasu
>Meme level
5/10
>>
>>115311
Shodai yusho and meme level of only 5/10? I can't fathom how both could occur in the samt basho.
>>
FYI, Abi's kyujo. Injury to ankle and both elbows. Too bad he couldn't catch covid.
>>
>>115313
>Injury to ankle and both elbows
wtf, someone throw him down a set of stairs?
>>
>>115314
One of his elbows has been bothering him for a while and apparently he hurt his ankle during a practice match, so I guess it's just accumulated injuries.
>>
>>115307
>Yusho
Terunofuji
>Jun-Yusho
Kotonowaka, Mitakeumi
>Breakout Performance
Ichiyamamoto
>Disappointment
Asanoyama will go 6-1
>Meme level
8/10, not a total clown basho like last time, but still plenty of bullshit.
>>
File: 2830.jpg (95 KB, 220x480)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>115316
Just another illustration of how extreme sumo life is. Oyakata drill into their rikishi that as long as you can stand, you *should* fight.
The one exception being Kotooushuu.
>>
File: 1661433295509605.webm (2.97 MB, 480x480)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB WEBM
>>115307
>Yusho
Tamawashi
>Jun-Yusho
Takakeisho and Hoshoryu
>Breakout Performance
Shimanoumi
>Disappointment
Ichinojo(his back will start hurting)
>Meme level
1/10, nothing of note happens, basho completes as usual
>>
>>115328
>Tamawashi yusho
>nothing of note happens
>>
>>113642
>no takakeisho
shame on you, besides i like all the rikishi albeit to various degrees.
Sumo is beautiful, no homo.
>>
File: 202209090000725-w1300_4.jpg (286 KB, 1300x1957)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
>>
>>115388
man, most modern rikishi are fat as shit
>>
>>115299
I eat a lot rice since I live in the middle east, but I am still not that fat, I find it very strange that the Japanese always eat small shit and some like the sumos get very fat, it's not even about metabolism, it's about the amount of food.
>>
torikumi for the first 2 days is up
easy start for Terunofuji
an interesting Oshoma - Kinbozan
a test for Ichinojo on day 1 to see if he's still hungry
Kotonowaka - Hoshoryu on day 2
not much else
>>
>>115388
i hope he misses kk. tochinoshin fans should hope mita doesn't make it so tochi isn't the worst ozeki in recent years
>>
>>115388
>>115389
how come he doesnt have "manboobs",but his pectoral fat seems to flap sideways?
genetics?
>>
File: 180kg x3.jpg (686 KB, 1080x1442)
686 KB
686 KB JPG
hip thrusts
>>
>>115463
>hip trusting 20KG less than deadlift
weird
>>
>>115465
They were easier reps. Im not sure the style of programming or what the scheme was.
Id guess they do normal training, then come in for a mobility, functional, or strength training workout. Its pretty typical training style for sports. Sumo doesn't have a real off season to get into more conventional programming.
I do hope that he's smoked from hard pre-basho practice instead of just being this weak.
>>
>>115472
well at least its not bodyweight squats
>>
>>115307
>Yusho
Shodai
>Jun-Yusho
Teruonofuji
>Breakout Performance
No one really doing it for me but gonna say ryuden with double digits
>Disappointment
Mitakeumi
>Meme level
9/10 shodai yusho
>>
Quite a few people seem to think Shodai is going to do well. Has there been a change in his mentality? I thought it was going to be an off basho for him.
>>
>>115481
no, he's going to go 4-11 or 5-10 because he's not kadoban anymore. He really likes monster hunter so he puts in the bare minimum effort to keep his rank while spending every spare minute playing monster hunter.
>>
>>115483
That's what I thought.
>>
>>115483
kek is that true?
>>
>>115481
>Shodai is going to do well
You can't predict shodai. He is healthy enough to win it all.
>>
Are there going to be virus restrictions? Or is it all back to normal with full crowd like the rest of the world?
>>
>>115491
You mean he's fat enough to eat it all.
>>
>Takakeisho v Ichinojo day 1
Keisho-bros... I'm worried
>>
>>115526
How long have you been watching sumo?
it's a normal thing for sanyaku virgins to get fucked on the next tournament after promotion.
>>
>>115506
>Are there going to be virus restrictions? Or is it all back to normal with full crowd like the rest of the world?
in the audience, max. 90% capacity, still wearing masks, but food and drink is permitted.
if a wrestler tests positive and is symptomatic, he's out, but his stablemates are fine (unless, of course, they are also positive and symptomatic)

Japan's a little slower to get rid of the mask because no one wants to be the guy who looks like he's saying, "Fuck public health, I'm sick of this thing."
>>
>>115535
>90%
lets see If they can reach that number now
>foods and drinks
nice, maybe they will, I want screams
>>
File: Screenshot.png (86 KB, 1217x822)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
>>115506
>>115535
>>
>>115481
>Has there been a change in his mentality? I thought it was going to be an off basho for him.
By the schedule, it should be an off basho, since he's out of kadoban, but in a recent interview he gave, he sounded really positive about how the last basho ended and going into this one.
Basically, sitting on 1-4 he decided he didn't give a fuck about his rank and just decided to fiddle with his tachiai to see what worked and he rediscovered a couple of techniques he had stopped using.
>>
>>115539
two more weeks. once dark shodai is at full power..... its all over.
>>
Ishiura kyujo. He either wants to fully recover from that neck injury or is going to retire soon.
>>
>>115547
Yeah, he's gotta be done at this point. No one takes that long to recover from a stinger, so it must have been something worse. From Ms10, if he goes 0-0-7 he'll end up at or around Ms50. He's also 32.
>>
>>115547
Akiseyama's jaw sends its regards
>>
File: url(295).jpg (62 KB, 1200x675)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>115506
The Covid kyuju protocols have obviously been changed a little bit. Now, wrestlers can re-enter a tournament after serving shorter quarantines (7 days for positive case; 3 for close contacts + negative tests)

>>115533
Well, I don't think that's the point. Keisho simply has a history of getting hurt in fights with Ichi.

>>115313
That's somehow pretty strange. Some days ago, Abi was tested positive for Covid.
1, how did he get those injuries while he should be in quarantine?
2, why doesn't he simply go Covid kyujo and save his rank?
Something's fishy about that whole story.
>>
>>115576
According to Shikoroyama, Abi's been dealing with those injuries for a while and spent most of Nagoya on painkillers. Now it's gotten to the point where he's only going to risk further injury.
He can't go covid kyujo like Takayasu did because that policy no longer exists. It's not an automatic withdrawal and rank preservation anymore. You're supposed to come back when you can and your absences will be treated "fairly".
>>
>>115558
kek
the mental yokozuna will outlast all his enemies
>>
>>114146
why do you say that?
>>
File: 20220910_170818.jpg (2.01 MB, 4011x2923)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB JPG
Its starting!
>https://youtu.be/4ai47K6JXQo
>>
>>115632
is this stream any better than midnight sumos (without the chat)
>>
>>115638
It's a guy streaming a direct Japanese feed. Theres commercials in it. Just check it out.
>>
File: vidy.jpg (252 KB, 1398x684)
252 KB
252 KB JPG
Watching the basho in v4c awell if anyone wants to join, more chan centric chat than twich or wherever
>>
>>115632
good link, midnight sumo fuckin sucks
>>
I attended the US Sumo Open in Long Beach today.
>>
>>115673
nvm he fucking puts his commentary goddamnit, back to the natto I guess
>>
>>115673
>>115681
mbovo has been a straight restream without any retarded alert shit for like a year already
>>
>>115683
didn't he move to some secret patreon-only stream? I see he's back on twitch again, good
>>
>>115684
You don't subscribe for shit, just go to the patreon page to get the unlisted yt link
>>
>>115683
Isn't it in English? who fucking wants that
>>
>>115687
NHK broadcasters are actually japanese and not larpers
>>
>>115690
Raja Pradhan, Murray Johnson etc are actually Japanese, you say?
>>
>>115691
more than any other agloid who comments on sumo
>>
>>115694
my point is that no one streams the NHK jp broadcasts anymore, at least not without cancerous twitch bells and whistles covering everything
>>
>>115698
Natto videos are perfect If you don't mind not watching the stream live and they have jap commentators If you fancy that.
>>
fuck yes great first day for terutsuyoshi so fucking hyped
>>
>excited the new basho's started
>remembering I have to stay up until 3 am every night for the next 15 days again
>>
>>115732
Just wake up and watch Natto in the morning. Not as hype as live watching but it's an option.
>>
File: 1653442966468.png (40 KB, 800x894)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>115698
This guy does. Try searching on YT first, bud
>https://youtu.be/hZPgWDvPrRA
>>
>>115755
Davit has a big donation bar, an ad for his website, and a huge pop-up over the screen any time someone donates. How is that without cancerous bells and whistles?
>>
>>115755
>3h30m of rikishi slapping their tights and wiping the sweat with the towels from their fat asses and tits
>50 minutes of actual action
how people can watch this shit seriously
>>
>>115807
but enough about handegg
>>
>>115807
Watch the highlights on nhk then.
>>
>Yusho
Tobizaru
>Jun-Yusho
Tobizaru
>Breakout Performance
Tobizaru
>Disappointment
Tobizaru
>Meme level
10/10
>>
>>
is there anywhere to place bets/gamble on sumo? I never gamble on sports but I'd bet on my favorite rikishi.
>>
>>
>>
ripperoni terutsuyoshi he got a little fiesty with tachi-ai and got slapped down
>>
those long gum ads are hilarious
thank you MidnightSumo
>>
Sweet Jebus Ura. That was a fun battle
>>
good day. takakeisho sending tobizaru flying into the crowd was a highlight.
>>
>>115959
replying to myself. He just came out really hard and low off the tachi-ai. All Ichiyamamoto had to do was slap him down and it was over. Terutsuyoshi has a bad habit of putting his head down and he got punished for it today
>>
>>115942
Chris Sumo comment section
>>
Wow Tochi got fucked. Damn nip refs
>>
wakatakakage is gonna get 10 wins bet
>>
File: heel.jpg (222 KB, 764x859)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>116099
clown feet put him out, again.
>>
>>116121
Huh. Makes me wonder if they would've seen it different without that for wrap. Imagine that
>>
>>116100
Won't even get 8 lmao
>>
File: 11.jpg (16 KB, 300x300)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>115307
Wakamotoharu yusho would be 11/10 meme level
>>
>>116190
takakeisho's gonna get the yusho, but wakamotoharu definitely stepped out of his brother's shadow this basho
>>
>>
File: 1663181777382187.jpg (110 KB, 800x605)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>116214
>No, I really don't like McDonalds that mu--ACK!
>>
File: alu reinforced tape.jpg (142 KB, 1500x1500)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
sending help to Terunofuji
>>
>>
>>
why arent there Samoan rikishi? along with mongolians, they seem very built for the sport.
is japan too racist to try recruiting samoan islanders for sumo?
>>
>>116436
Musashimaru and Konishiki are Samoan. There may be others, but those are the two obvious ones.
>>
>>116436
There used to be a couple, but then American football coaches realized that Pacific Islanders can also play football, and the islanders realized that football is a more lucrative sport than sumo, along with being easier on the body.
>>
Why did Nishikigi get the win over Sadanoumi today? It seemed to me like he fell before Sadanoum did. And it didn't look like Sada stepped out before jumping.
>>
File: wakatakapapa.jpg (77 KB, 1247x572)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
man must be so proud of his boys
>>
I think wakatakakage was feeling a little anxious at the start of the tournament, but after his tamawashi upset, I'm feeling a lot better about him going positive this tournament. Also fuck yes terutsuyoshi got another win. He's another one I feel like has taken a few days to get into the groove. wakamotoharu took a loss today, but he's still doing so much better than I think anyone predicted.
>>
>>116460
Dead body rule. If the opponent has already lost, it's just a matter of time, being thrown out of the ring for example, you're allowed to fall and catch your own weight even if that means you touch the ground first.
>>
>>116552
Thanks for the explanation. The rule seems rather... subjective? I've seen multiple cases that would fit better for that rule than this one that didn't invoke it.
>>
>>116556
Yes, it is. It can be applied as and how the gyoji and judges see fit.
>>
>>116556
The rule is written clearly enough but its application usually* comes down to the one guy having some body part below the top plane of the dohyo before the other guy touches down.

*but, maddeningly, not always.
>>
>>116564
>usually* comes down to the one guy having some body part below the top plane of the dohyo before the other guy touches down
No it doesn't?

>>116556
The essence of how they rule matches like that is as follows: if a rikishi leaving the ring has both feet off the ground when his opponent has not yet touched the ground, he loses. If a rikishi being pushed out of the ring has at least one foot on the ground when his opponent touches the ground, he wins. If a rikishi leaves his feet at roughly the same moment as his opponent's touching down, they call a torinaoshi. The phrasing in the setsumei referring to this concept is usually a form of 体が飛んでいる, which translates as "his body was midair/airborne". The shinpanchou will relate their judgment like 'We wanted to see if Sadanoumi's body was midair before Nishikigi touched down and it was, Nishikigi wins' or 'We have determined Nishikigi touched down and Sadanoumi became airborne at the same time, so there will be a rematch' etc.
>>
>>116565
I feel like a lot of other matches would be overturned if that rule was always applied. Thanks for explanation, though!
>>
>>116566
They're not perfectly consistent with it, but it's 99 times out of 100.
>>
>>116567
>They're not perfectly consistent with it
That's the damn problem. If you're only going to apply a rule when you feel like it, why even have the rule at all?
>>
>>116565
>long-winded explanation
You forgot to add the part where they check to see which rikishi's stablemaster is more influential in the JSA before they rule in anyone's favor. :^)
>>
>>116570
lol ok sumotalk schizo
>>
>>116575
>>
>>116575
Did you not see the :^) in the post?
>>
>>
Fucking hell Wakatkakage is en route to being my favourite. That strength is fucking nuts
>>
File: march basho.jpg (120 KB, 990x547)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>116625
I've been a fan of him for a while. He's definitely finding his groove in the top division. He started this tournament rocky (probably anxiety brought on by the expectation of an ozeki run) but he's turned a 0-3 record into a 5-3. He's refining his style of sumo, and I can't wait to see where he goes from here. His brother's also been surprising the hell out of me
>>
>>116650
The Waka brothers are very entertaining.
>>
MAN TIDDIES
>MAN TIDDIES
MAN TIDDIES
>MAN TIDDIES
MAN TIDDIES
>MAN TIDDIES
>>
takayasu handled wakatakakage really well and worked to his weaknesses. He knew putting waka up against the tawara and then backing up, causing waka to start rushing fw again falsely thinking he was breaking through, before slapping waka down. Had takayasu continued running waka towards the rope, waka would've gotten the mawashi hold and a shoulder with the other arm, and there'd be a serious concern waka brought it back at the rope. Takayasu knew that waka would be dangerous on the rope, but if he got waka running forward, he could get enough of a slap down to at least get his hands to the ground
>>
yo chris is mentally ill. he's trying to say people hated the takakeisho henka. Dude people erupted after it. All I saw were people saying "holy shit I never thought keish was agile enough to pull something like that off". He's just caught up on takakeisho being higher rank. To me a win is a win is a win. I saw not one person call that bad sumo, besides chris. He doesn't have comments anymore (I wonder why) so I can't even talk with anyone in the comments to have their take on it. Dude just projects his own personal opinion on to everyone else. Keisho was up against a powerful rikishi, that's been doing good the whole tournament, Keisho needed his kachi-koshi, yeah fucking henka him. No one ever saw it coming, it was exciting to me.
>>
>>117230
Totally not Chris here, I find that henka absolutely distasteful.
>>
File: hayai.webm (2.4 MB, 1280x720)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB WEBM
I don't like henka but I find it absolutely hilarious that he did it.
>>
>>
>>117230
Yeah, 0 IQ take. Many Japanese especially older men look down on Henka. Especially with ozeki doing it.
>>
File: hokutokeisho.jpg (90 KB, 598x800)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>
File: waka henkas keisho.jpg (100 KB, 1012x647)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>117339
>>117263
>>117257
hahaha the henka comes full circle.
>>
>>117343
thanks for that picture
>>
Uras win was retarded.
I love it.
>>
Congratulations to the flower of Irish sumo, Thomas o'Washy, and a pretty good showing from Cotton o'Walker as well.
>>
JSA needs to step in and do something about these 8-7 shitters like hoshoryu and wakatakakage holding up sanyaku from the real wrestlers that deserve it.
>>
Tamawashi deserved it, good shit.
The ozeki were fucking disgusting, dear god.
>>
i think i figured out a piece of shodai's plan.
he wanted to make his win over mitakeumi as embarassing as possible. he wanted to make mitakeumi pay the covid debacle from last basho. in one beautiful maneuver he solidified mitakeumi's place as certifiably NOT ozeki material.
shodai really is the puppet master isnt he....
>>
File: oho.jpg (7 KB, 493x33)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
The true hardest choke of this basho.
>>
File: sumokinotime.jpg (53 KB, 1361x272)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
I've watched every second of coverage from /ourguy/ Hiro... Can confirm that it indeed kino of the highest order. Having comments enabled and being able to share my thoughts on the basho with my bros is a plus too.
>>
>>117635
>getting rid of the KK/MK system
I don't think you would like the results of this change anon, even if you think you would.
>>
File: akible98898ur8jj55.jpg (10 KB, 470x94)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>117661
two of the ozeki were disgusting
>>
>>117671
>henka
>not disgusting
fattakeisho wll never be a yokozuna
>>
>>117671
Yes, yes, congrats on doing the bare minimum expected of an oozeki.
>>
>>117671
>loses to Hoshoryu, WTK, Ichinojo
OH NO NO NO
>>
>>117676
>3 active oozeki
>maegashitters keep taking tournaments
the absolute state of japanese sumo
>>
low IQ
>henka funny, fat man fall over
100 IQ midwit
>According to the traditions and customs of Japanese ozumo the henka is frowned upon as an act of cowardice. Performing a henka is an admission that your opponent is stronger than you and is not becoming of someone of the rank of Ozeki
high IQ
>At the tachiai all rikishi must consider the possibility of a henka -the refusal to engage in the tachiai entirely. The willingness of an Ozeki or Yokozuna to perform a henka serves as a reminder to all rikishi that this option is never off the table. As a result, every rikishi is forced to second guess his approach at the tachiai, adding a cerebral element to a sport that otherwise emphasises brute strength
>>
If a bear charges me can I just henka it?
>>
>>117662
Shodai holds no ill will towards any active wrestler, only the corrupt guys at the top. He's basically an anime protagonist.
>>
File: 1-sumo-early-sumo.jpg (476 KB, 2086x1565)
476 KB
476 KB JPG
bring back the gyoji drip
>>
File: 940k6dn30k481.jpg (336 KB, 1014x1620)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
>>
>>117635
>JSA needs to step in and do something about these 8-7 shitters like hoshoryu
When Wakatakakage was Hoshoryu's age, he was putting up 8-7s in lower juryo. You never know if or when a guy is going to figure something out.
>>
File: 大関 若緑 .jpg (272 KB, 640x941)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
reposting here since might as well, maybe someone else will find it interesting

The claims on the internet that the *rank* of yokozuna was only made official in 1909 never cite any document, however I think I have found it. The source appears to be the 1909 revision to the "Tokyo Grand Sumo Association Conventions" (東京大角力協会申合規約). No one has digitized the thing, but there appears to be one single blog post online, from 15 years ago, which - I believe - cites the exact clause we're looking for.

http://goza.blog.shinobi.jp/寄附行為/大角力協会申合規約追加 明治42年2月
>横綱大関の称号は従来最高級力士と称せしも爾来最高位置の力士と改称す。
>Those rikishi who are yokozuna-oozeki, heretofore called the highest calibre of rikishi, hereafter will be identified as the highest rank rikishi.

If this is the right passage, then how bizarre that this is what is cited, when they aren't yet recognized as just "yokozuna" here.
>>
>>117699
Interesting how the meaning of "yokozuna" has changed within the sumo world.
>>
>>117699
Well even now, If they found themselves with only 1 Ozeki, Teru would be Yokozuna-Ozeki for the duration.

Personally I always think of Yokozuna in that way- an Ozeki that has ascended to a god-like "beyond rank" status.
>>
>people mad at Taka henka
>people applaud Watatakekage needing to henka against a real ozeki
>people applaud nephew for needing to henka to save his rank
People should just admit they hate Takakeisho for being a dominate wrestler and not try to give fake reasons of why they hate him
>>
>>117713
As long as people are honest.
I, for example, hate Takakeisho because he's a manlet, regardless of what he does in the ring.
>>
>>117713
>people applaud Hoshoryu

Let me tell you how I know that you're new.
>>
File: Takakeisho.jpg (139 KB, 1102x638)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>117713
I like takakeisho and I thought the henka was good for him. He's been known as a one trick pony, and he's causing other wrestlers to reevaluate him in the ring. I want to see him start wrestling more dynamically and get another couple yushos. Even if he steps on everyones toes and hurts everyone including himself in the process
>>
>>117713
most people applauded waka because they saw it as revenge of sorts. they werent impressed waka henka'd, they were happy taka got fucked over by it.
i for one hate takakeisho because his sumo is boring and unaesthetic.
>>
File: 1610223845562.jpg (21 KB, 396x388)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>117713
I like the henka as a threat any rikishi can dangle to create a mindgame at the dohyo. I just don't like Takakeisho, so anything he does that causes him to succeed is bad
>>
>>117713
I wasn't here when it happened, but what did you guys think about Takakeisho trying to call the hair pull on Ichinojo when he lost to him in July? That made me way more displeased with Takakeisho. This henka doesn't even compare
>>
>>117732
Yeah, that was a bitch move. The soccer equivalent of begging for a yellow card.
>>
>>117728
based pragmatist
>>
>>117732
The previous time they fought, Ichinojo used one of the most obvious and prolonged hairpulls ever seen, and then this time his hand accidentally entangled and pulled him again.

There was no foul, but it would have felt like a foul to the guy who he fouled in the same way last time out.
>>
>>117713
adding to this, the same people that hate his sumo as not aesthetic will applaud abi and wish he becomes a yokozuna
>>
>>117757
disagree, I post remove abi at every opportunity and hate takakeisho
>>
>>117722
>for one hate takakeisho because his sumo is boring
>shoves around people 10cms taller than him with ease
Sorry he doesn't go for the same arm bar into having both knees snap, or the get grabbed by the mawashi and pushed out with no effort like the other top level rikishi. That is way more aesthetic.
>>
>>117760
>So It's Your First Basho:
>>
>>117759
good. abi MUST be removed for the sake of all rikishi.
takakeisho has dropped down my list since he's come out as a bit of a spoiled fatkid after the hairpull thing
>>
>>117760
I agree. Takakeisho's style deserves respect. Better than other one trick ponies like Abi, Kotoshogiku's humping, and extremely more entertaining than the Ichinojo/Hokuseiho style of be big, stand still
>>
>>117761
>you like good sumo wrestlers..you must be new
>you have to like nephew or wakatakamemegay ot whatever other wrestler is doing mediocre thanks to easy covid tournaments
I think sumostew is comment section is more your speed pal.
>>
>>117764
hey I know you think oshi is creative and new, but please just stick with the sport a little longer you'll learn a LOT
>>
File: 5.webm (1.99 MB, 1280x676)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB WEBM
would you classify this general as a shithole?
>>
>>117767
no
>>
>>117767
It's okay most of the time. Also rip Akiseyama, 2 MK in a row.
>>
File: 9.2.webm (709 KB, 738x680)
709 KB
709 KB WEBM
>>117768
>>117769
ok. been watching sumo for nearly 2 years but never visited. most generals i wander into seem like the posters hate themselves.
>>
>>117766
>no you can't like sumo wrestlers pushing
>they have to go for meme throws like me hero Ura
Lmao. It's ok bro. Keep enjoying your rank and file shitters, while Keisho bros enjoy their real sumo.
>>
>>117722
>>117757
>takakeisho is not aesthetic
keisho is peak sumo he never takes a step back if he does it’s to take a step back to ram his opponent.
>>
>>117771
>no you can't like sumo wrestlers pushing
point me to where I, or anyone, said that

>real sumo
lmao you haven't even been to these threads before
>>
File: Xfpbfb.gif (3.87 MB, 400x225)
3.87 MB
3.87 MB GIF
>>117772
>takakeisho's style of sumo
>>
>>117773
>only ozeki still pulling double digit wins
>not real sumo
once again. keep enjoying your rank and file shitters. I will keep enjoying Takakeisho master his art.
>>
>>117775
except when he slaps kotonowaka into next week
>>
>>117776
the fact that you name oshizumo as THE real sumo only tells us how far you are from becoming a serious fan
viewers like you are totally ignorant of the sumo of the past, and barely know the stars of today
>>
>>117781
not that anon but sumo is a sport that praises good technique. If it wins, it is good sumo. Everything after that is personal morals and biases
>>
>>117781
not to mention sumo style and meta changes constantly over time. a yokuzuna from the 1800s was known for faking people out at the tachiai and making them matta to pysch them out of the match. People at the time didn't like it and thought it was bad sumo. But nonetheless he was still a champion of his time because his technique worked.
>>
>>117785
That was Tachiyama, yokozuna from 1911-1918
>>
>>117771
please go back to plebbit already
>>
File: 1663952611414478.gif (3.92 MB, 640x358)
3.92 MB
3.92 MB GIF
>>117772
>never takes a step back
im not sure we're talking about the same guy. i was talking about takashitshow.
>>
if you can't appreciate a short guy who basically minmaxes his way to ozeki by sheer force of will, hamburgers and strict japanese parenting, idk what to tell you

the most boring top division would be a series of 6'2" 'well-rounded' medium weight rikishi anyway
>>
>>117794
>i love him cause hes heckin SHORT
ok get on your knees and start swallowing midorifuji's load now. also you better have enho compilations playing on repeat.
>>
The sumo threads' discourse has gotten a lot worse since this new wave of Americans clued into sumo desu
>>
>>117794
i didnt say i dislike takakeisho because hes different, please try to understand my argument. i dislike him because hes unaesthetic. push thrusters are all fucking boring to watch and takakeisho is the most one dimensional and over hyped.
>>
>>117797
>muh american boogeyman
>>
>>117799
Who do you deem aesthetic currently? I feel like Kiribayama has a good flow. Ura has flair as does Hoshoryu. What's your taste?
>>
File: C0uYGC2VIAAzhF-.jpg (367 KB, 2048x1365)
367 KB
367 KB JPG
Dammit. Day 1 of the off-season and I already have a sumo hangover...
>>
File: WTK.jpg (60 KB, 960x540)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
Say hello to your next ozeki.
>>
>>117799
>push thrusters are all fucking boring to watch
actually pay attention and understand sumo a little and you will begin to enjoy how complex pushers are. The real issue is the few that make it to the top are so good at it they make it look easy. And most people have never tried to push back people their own weight or heavier while trying to fend of being grabbed or sidestepped.
>>
>>117635
>real wrestlers
such as? the entire banzuke is full of jobbers and shitters that wouldn't last even 1 basho on Komosubi.
>>
>>117767
>Ishiura ends Akiseyama's career with this slap
>the sumo gods cripple his spine as comeuppance
>>
>>117767
>would you classify this general as a shithole?
There's typically a little more shitposting than normal immediately after a basho, but it rapidly settles back down to an extremely comfy thread once the tourists get bored.
>>
File: 202209250001210-w1300_5.jpg (173 KB, 1300x864)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>
Early banzuke preduction

Y Terunofuji
O Takakeisho, Shodai (kadoban)
S Wakatakakage, Hoshoryu,
Mitakeumi (ozekiwake)
K Kiribayama, Tobizaru,
Daieisho, Tamawashi

1 Takayasu, Kotonowaka
2 Meisei, Ichinojo
3 Ura, Midorifuji
4 Wakamotoharu, Sadanoumi
5 Hokutofuji, Nishikigi
6 Myogiryu, Endo
7 Ryuden, Nishikifuji
8 Tochinoshin, Aoiyama
9 Takarafuji, Takanosho
10 Kotoeko, Abi
11 Kotoshoho, Onosho
12 Chiyotairyu, Chiyoshoma
13 Okinoumi, Oho
14 Ichiyamamoto, Azumaryu
15 Atamifuji, Tohakuryu
16 Terutsuyoshi, Kagayaki

Out
Yutakayama
Tsurugisho
Mitoryu
Hiradoumi
>>
File: bbm japan banzuke nov.jpg (1.92 MB, 2136x3000)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB JPG
BBM-Japan banzuke prediction has 4 sekiwake including Kiribayama; opening pic for Atamifuji (of course!):

https://www.bbm-japan.com/article/detail/36177

https://www.bbm-japan.com/article/gallery/36177/2
>>
Kotozakura II has 46 wins this year and I’m pretty sure the leader this year is wakatakakage 49. I think it’s safe to say if kotozakura II wasn’t forced to withdraw last basho he would have the most wins.

Kotonowaka deserves a komusubi spot especially over shitters like ichinojo tobizaru kiribayama and hoshitryu.
>>
>>117831
>thinking the mongol anger issues man is worse than pudding no waka
>>
>>117831
>8-7 at M2E
>random losses to nobodies like Sadanoumi and Nishikifuji
same shit
>>
>>117831
Quadboobs will get there soon enough. He's still getting used to fighting in the joi and is putting up solid results.

Definitely, I think that having to withdraw at 7-3 may have set him back a little. He was really feeling it last time and couldn't seem to find high gear this time.
>>
just want them back bros
>>
>>117830
Translation:

Y01: Terunofuji, ——
O01: Takakeisho, Shodai
S01: Wakatakakage, Hoshoryu
S02: Kiribayama, Mitakeumi
K01: Tamawashi, Tobizaru
K02: ——, Daieisho

M01: Takayasu, Kotonowaka
M02: Meisei, Ura
M03: Midorifuji, Wakamotoharu
M04: Sadanoumi, Ichinojo
M05: Hokutofuji, Nishikifuji
M06: Ryuden, Nishikigi

M07: Myogiryu, Endo
M08: Takanosho, Abi
M09: Tochinoshin, Chiyoshoma
M10: Aoiyama, Takarafuji
M11: Kotoeko, Onosho
M12: Kotoshoho, Azumaryu
M13: Chiyotairyu, Oho

M14: Okinoumi, Kagayaki
M15: Ichiyamamoto, Atamifuji
M16: Tohakuryu, Hiradoumi

From Juryo: Azumaryu, Kagayaki, Atamifuji, Tohakuryu
To Juryo: Yutakatama, Terutsuyoshi, Tsurugisho, Mitoryu
>>
is there a list of all the trophies and gifts the basho winner gets?
>>
>>117837
Atami to makuuchi, huh.
>>
>>117837
Interesting.

Those four sekiwake are going to piss off that Dutch poster from the /sp/ threads.
Even if they do have four sekiwake, I think Tamawashi deserves the spot more than Kiribayama.

I'm glad that they see that salt-throwing fuck getting demoted.

I'm also looking forward to seeing the Autistic Tomato, Atamifuji, in the top division.
>>
>>117841
Yeah. It makes sense. There are at least three guys with completely indefensible records in makuuchi, Yutakayama, Mitoryu, and Tsurugisho.
The top promotion candidates from juryo are Azumaryu and Atamifuji, followed by Kagayaki and Tohakuryu.
Terutsuyoshi and Hiradoumi should both be demoted but there simply aren't enough worthy replacements and the bottom of the makuuchi banzuke is so poor that a 7-8 record will probably simply result in a rank freeze while 6-9 will probably only result in a 1-1.5 rank demotion.

>>117842
>the Autistic Tomato, Atamifuji
lmao, you've just ruined him for me. That's gotta go in the power rankings. el tomate autista
>>
>>
File: image0-23-1-1.gif (998 KB, 448x325)
998 KB
998 KB GIF
>>117805
akiseyama
>>117818
no
>>
File: Midorifuji.png (285 KB, 459x431)
285 KB
285 KB PNG
Is Midorifuji destined to be another one of those undersized wrestlers who rises up the banzuke, makes a brief impact, then quickly gets flattened as the other wrestlers learn how to fight him, a la Enho?
>>
>>117843
>Yeah. It makes sense.
I don't argue with that. I just think his rise is way too quick. He needs some time to refine his sumo at lower levels, to not get crippled in makuuchi grinder.
>>
>>117794
If Keisho gets his power back and stays healthy he can be Yokozuna.
>>
>>117855
>I just think his rise is way too quick. He needs some time to refine his sumo at lower levels, to not get crippled in makuuchi grinder.
I agree but I also think he's at or very close to the point where guys like Kotoshoho and Oho are: that weird half-space where juryo doesn't provide enough of a challenge but they're not quiiiite ready for the top division.

Considering the quality of his stable I think he has a better idea of how to survive in makuuchi than someone like Oho, who is basically on his own. Atami gets to fight against top-level big guys, little guys, tacticians, etc. Atami will still probably take a 6-9 make-koshi, drop back down, and commute between the two divisions for a couple basho.

In terms of upside though, the sky's the limit for the kid.
>>
>>117852
I think he has more staying power than Enho because he's stronger and has a more effective pushing game
Enho relied too heavily on a gimmick tachiai to get round the side and form a grip in an oblique stance with his opponent and his been struggling to reinvent himself since rikishi started to counter it
>>
>>117852
Just being ~60lb. heavier than Enho will help, but MFJ is already 26 (Enho's just a year older) so his development is pretty much complete.

He'll probably put in a bunch 7-8s and 6-9s and slowly float down the banzuke, then occasionally pop back up with a 9-6 when he settles in the low M10s. He'll do that until someone bigger squashes him, he gets hurt, then spends the rest of his career in juryo.
>>
>>117815
I'm so fucking ready, I've been calling waka ozeki for months and people have told me I'm stupid and he's over hyped. The dudes strong and he's starting to really master his own kind of sumo. His brother is a double threat too. I'd love to see brother ozekis one day
>>
>>117862
Still going to be a tall order, since he's never posted back to back double-digit wins since he's been in the joi. (He did it when he was a low-rank maegashitter in 2020.)

I do think he's starting to get his sumo polished and is learning how to succeed at this level and probably won't get as flustered this time around. I think the pressure of the ozeki run affected him in Nagoya.

He really has to learn how to start faster, though.
>>
This was Takayasu's 6th jun-yusho.
Yokozuna Futahaguro had 7. Does anyone know if that's the record for most number of jun-yusho without ever winning a yusho?
>>
>>117867

http://sumodb.sumogames.de/Query.aspx?show_form=0&group_by=rikishi&form1_year=1958-2022&form1_jy=on

there is an ozeki, Yutakayama Katsuo, that had 8 of them in the 60s
>>
File: m3e.jpg (128 KB, 595x605)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>117833
>8-7 at M2E
>random losses to nobodies like Sadanoumi and Nishikifuji
>>
File: WTK_hand.jpg (15 KB, 220x248)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>117863
Talented people who haven't been in sumo a long time are a string of firsts.

>never been in makuuchi
>never won a special prize
>never entered sanyaku
>never earned a top division championship
>never posted back to back double digit wins
You are here
>never made 33 wins in 3 tournaments
>never won two back to back yusho
>never won 10 yusho
>never won 20 yusho
>never won the most yusho of all time
>>
>>117877
I think you may have missed the point of >>117863
Anon wasn't saying that WTK won't make it. Hell, it kind of sounds like he's saying that WTK will make it, but he's right in that to make ozeki WTK will have to do something at the high levels that he's never done even at low levels.
That goes entirely to WTK's preparation, fitness, and confidence, all of which look like they're at high levels right now.
>>
>>117884
yeah
>>
>>117884
As it stands right now, he's sitting on 8 and 11 wins (19 total) and needs a 14 win basho to make 33.
There are examples of ozeki runs in the modern era starting with an 8-7 performance, but they are rare. Only two or three if memory serves. Shodai's is one of them.

That said, given the current state of the ozeki corps, if Wakatakakage were to put in a solid 13-2 performance that nets a yusho, preferably with wins over the existing ozeki and other sekiwake, that might be enough to promote him even with only 32 wins. (the 33/3 standard is surprisingly flexible.)

Then again, the last guy they promoted with less than 33 is Shodai, so maybe they're a little gun-shy.

Basically, Wakatakakage should try to win as many matches as possible and put it in the hands of the banzuke committee.
>>
>>117889
>Basically, Wakatakakage should try to win as many matches as possible and put it in the hands of the banzuke committee.

That is literally every single rikishi.
>>
>>117889
>ozeki runs in the modern era starting with an 8-7 performance
This should be the list
http://sumodb.sumogames.de/Query.aspx?show_form=0&columns=4&n_basho=4&show_sum=on&form1_wins=8&form1_losses=7&form1_m=on&form3_rank=S&form4_rank=O
>>
>>117893
Thanks, though a lot of those are before the introduction of the 33 wins over 3 tournaments guideline. I'm sure someone knows for sure, but I think that came about in the 1980's.
>>
>>117889
>As it stands right now, he's sitting on 8 and 11 wins (19 total) and needs a 14 win basho to make 33.
More realistic is that Aki is part 1 of a run. 14-1 is an extremely tall order. It's just a matter of time before he gets the fish, though. Probably Haru of next year.
>>
>>117897
It isn't even a guideline, it's just a practical rule of thumb for fans and the media. If a guy got a certain record then they are likely to choose to promote him to ozeki, but they are under no obligation to do so.
>>
>>117871
Why would you try and pull hakuho's card like anything be the record is similar? Are you purposely looking like an idiot?
hakuho's career at that point
>not even 20 years old yet
>not even hakuho's 4th year in sumo
>3rd tournament in makuuchi
>after 2 double digit basho
compare that kotonowaka's
>almost 25 years old
>almost 7 years in sumo
>13th tournament in makuuchi (over 2 years)
>double digit wins back 2 tournaments
>>
>>117914
>>117693

you're free to have weird opinions, suit yourself, but they don't cleanly correspond to reality
>>
>>117915
>>
>>117915
>>117916
there isn't anything wrong with using those as examples. my comment was solely using teenage hakuho's tournament as an example, which was absolutely retarded
>>
>>117856
lol
>>
>>117915
>>117916
Another poster already pointed out the stupidity of using Hakuho's record at that point in time for comparison but you're missing the point that KNW isn't really that much different than whoever you think are undeserving shitters of the komusubi spot (except Tobizaru, who I agree just stroke hot at the right time) I do think he was unlucky and he'll get sanyaku eventually but if you defend him losing to random shitters by pointing to these records I don't know why you couldn't also apply that to Hoshoryu or Kiribayama.
>>
>>117931
>pointing to these records I don't know why you couldn't also apply that to Hoshoryu or Kiribayama
That is my point. Forecasting future successes based on records in this way isn't much different from reading oracle bones. None of them are more or less likely to succeed by having won or lost against particular opponents, or when at a certain position on the banzuke.
>>
>>117857
>Kotoshoho
>they're not quiiiite ready for the top division
Are you taking about MAEGASHIRA 3, the future YOKOZUNA, KOTOSHOHO?!
>>
>>117871
Hey, don't talk shit about Takamisakari!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUQQ10NBO9Y
>>
>>117937
no, I love me some Takamisakari, but seeing him as a normal hiramaku is pretty accurate
>>
>>117906
>they are under no obligation
correct
they can announce the number of wins needed before the tournament starts; it's a sort of obligation, as I think that it never happened that they end up disregarding this type of announcements
>>
>>117946
>as I think that it never happened that they end up disregarding this type of announcements
The basho before Mitakeumi was promoted to ozeki, Isegahama was quoted saying that Mita needed to go 15-0 to be considered for promotion.

They frequently publicly overstate the actual number of wins a rikishi needs, probably in order to motivate the rikishi.
>>
>>117906
>It isn't even a guideline
>If a guy got a certain record then they are likely to choose to promote him to ozeki, but they are under no obligation to do so.

You're literally describing a guideline. It is something that assists people in the decision-making progress. If it was a rule, then there would be no decision-making needed at all, it would be automatic.
>>
>>117937
does this guy have tourettes, spastic cerebral palsy or just an immense amount of love for the sport running through his veins?
>>
What’s going on with Oho? It can’t be 100% a stamina thing. He loses to obviously injured wrestlers in Week 2, guys he should have no problem beating.

In the last five days of his top division career he is 3-22, collectively. Twice he’s started 7-3 and ended up MK.

Kid needs to see a sports psychologist.
>>
>>117956
>In the last five days of his top division career he is 3-22, collectively. Twice he’s started 7-3 and ended up MK.
incredible stats. I know the better you perform week 1 the tougher your matchups will be week 2 but there is definitely a psychological barrier he needs to get through
>>
>>117956
I think he starts to get tight. He thinks “okay just one more and I’m good.” And then he starts pulling instead of doing the very thing that got him his hot start.

His wins over Ryuden or Okinoumi were him using his size and power to dictate the match. After he gets that 7th win he chokes.

In his defense though, the final four days were against Miyogiryu, Sadanoumi, Wakamotoharu, and Ura. That’s a pretty tough test for an inexperienced M13.
>>
>>117951
>or just an immense amount of love for the sport running through his veins?
This. And a bit of tourettes, maybe!
>>
>>117959
>After he gets that 7th win he chokes.
Agreed. That’s a product of poor coaching. Which is no surprise since Oho’s stable hasn’t produced any other sekitori in its current form.

>Coach, I’m no longer twice the size of my opponent and they seem to clock my style instantly, what do I do?
>Dunno, kid. I was actually hoping you could tell me
>>
https://twitter.com/SumoFollower/status/1574719693424054273?s=20&t=e45T_wti-eytq8027WelJA

Shodaibros…
>>
>>117989
Besides the comments about underperforming Ozeki, these people seem really out of touch
>>
>>117992
What did you expect from 80+ year old senile japanese racists that never have even done the sport?
>>
>>117989
I mean, they don’t have any authority to change anything in that regard, so they were just publicly complaining.
Maybe they are angling for consultation when new ozeki are being chosen. Who knows?

I think we all share the sentiment that the current crop of ozeki collectively cheapen the rank.
>>
>>117989
>Tamawashi and Takayasu highly praised. So much so that "if they kept up this sumo, we wish they'll keep up their rivalry all the way to Yokozuna".
they do realise how old these guys are right?
>>
File: TWbakepng.png (78 KB, 259x194)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>>117998
Every time Tamawashi gets a nodowa he sucks the youth out of his opponents

While on paper he is in his late 30s in reality his body is closer to that of a 28 year old.
>>
>>117852
He cute
>>
When do the rankings come out?
>>
>>117998
It’s meant to be metaphorical, for everyone else on the banzuke to read and get the message
>these two old farts are the only ones providing any excitement in the division!
>>
>>118003
usually a week before the start of the basho, two weeks before the January one.
>>
>>118005
Notices of promotion to juuryo should be coming out very soon.
>>
>>118005
It’s always 13 days before Day 1 of the tournament, except for Hatsu, where the banzuke is always released on the 24th of December.

For Kyushu, the banzuke is coming out on October 31 (in Japan, the date may be different for your local time zone)
>>
File: tamawashi.png (416 KB, 367x539)
416 KB
416 KB PNG
>>117999
does have have any injuries at all? his performance obviously shows he is healthy unlike other people his age in the sport (even Hakuho), he isn't patched up except for his ankles which is pretty impressive.
>age hasn't slowed you down one bit
>>
>>118015
Every rikishi is always carrying small injuries. Tommy has been very fortunate that none of them has ever turned into a major problem.
His size and style also insulates him from injuries to some extent. He stays off the belt so he’s taken plenty of losses but isn’t always thrown.
>>
File: abipng.png (319 KB, 550x778)
319 KB
319 KB PNG
>>118015
>The tournament ended on an embarrassing note for him when he injured his right arm by leaning against and breaking the window of a restaurant in Tokyo
Once in January 2011, per Wikipedia. For his career itself, none that we know of.
>>
>>117989
>One example of such a reform they brought up was that if an Ozeki loses by a large margin his drop should be to Komusubi, rather than sekiwake.
What's the point? Its basically the same thing.
>>
>>118024
That probably means that they would not be eligible for that 10 wins and regain your rank thing.
>>
>>117950
I'm saying it's not a guideline for promotion. It's a guideline for if the shinpanchou should recommend promotion to the rijikai. The rijikai can then ignore him should they wish to because there are neither rules nor guidelines for their behavior.
>>
>>118024
They’re complaining that the ozeki don’t have the grace to know when to pull out. 4-11 is embarrassing.

If Mitakeumi simply went kyujo we’d all say “bad luck for him but he’ll heal up and come back.”
>>
>>118028
Ah ok. Gotcha.
>>
>>118015
Even his ankles seem to be in pretty good shape, given how he's moving.
>>
>>118022
Any news on if Abi’s surgery was successful?
>>
>>118030
>If Mitakeumi simply went kyujo we’d all say “bad luck for him but he’ll heal up and come back.”
We would, they wouldn't
>>
I don't get why Takakeisho is lumped with the others.
He is clearly fighting injured for a while and got two double digit tournaments.
>>
>>118015
I'm looking forward to his career as an oyakata, I hope he can pass his injury resistance to his students.
>>
>>118043
He lost to every sanyaku opponent he fought (5hough one of those was w henka) except for even more embarrassing Shodai and to scrape those double digits he henka'ed a dude in run for the title.
>>
This is so based. Teru retiring. All current Ozeki demoted to Maegashitters. No more kadobanning losers every other basho. Tom and Takayasu making Yokozuna. It's a new age of sumo, boys.
>>
>>117951
Shoot autism. The JSA have tried to give him a stable numerous times, but he keeps turning it down to be a coach, as he admits he can't handle running one.
>>
File: Yano.jpg (52 KB, 450x408)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>118053
You should know that the YDC only appears to have a voice because the NSK wants the public to buy into that perception. They have no actual influence over internal actions. Why do you think the riji are free to speak about what would or wouldn't warrant yokozuna promotions, without consulting the YDC? Why do you think the YDC has literally never voted against an NSK action?
Even if this ozeki stuff fell under their purview, the NSK would never take any action they had recommended unless they had already planned to do so anyway.
>>
>>118043
>I don't get why Takakeisho is lumped with the others.
He's just as bad. He's fighting injured just to preserve rank instead of getting surgery and coming back stronger.
Nevermind the old bastards on the YDC were super-unimpressed by henka'ing someone in the middle of the yusho race, then looking like a fool when the same thing happened to him 24 hours later.
>>
>>118079
I'm sure they will be very supportive if he decides to have a surgery and misses 4 tournaments.
>>
promoted to Juryo: Roga and Tsushimanada

retirements: Jokoryu, Azumasho, Iko, Fujiibuki, Watanabe, Kakutaiki, Kyokuhozan, Bushi, Daishohama, Tatsunoumi, Oyamada, Tairikuyama and Sawanofuji
>>
>>117995
>I think we all share the sentiment that the current crop of ozeki collectively cheapen the rank.
Disagree. I like the guys, even surly old Takakeisho.
>>
File: punch.png (125 KB, 680x656)
125 KB
125 KB PNG
Almost half of Sumo Stew's shiko video was sponsored buy le nipponese food loot box footage

what the fuck is this architectural behavior
>>
>>117699
Who's that woman?
>>
>>113606
So Mitakeumi is not ozeki anymore?
>>
>>118131
>women
>>
>>118133
Correct. He can get it back with 10 wins though next time around. He has an injured shoulder I think though? Not sure.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykQ0DfjH2m8
Chris just loves Moriurara. Not sure if cringe or SOUL.
>>
>>118146
A man battling on despite his body completely abandoning him. Pure soul.
>>
>>118150
how do you abandon someone when you were never there for them to begin with
>>
>>118146
Moriurara is one of, if not the, last rikishi Taiho recruited before handing the stable to Takatoriki.
>>
>>118154
>Moriurara
Oh wow.
>>
Tournament Highlights

https://www.sumo.or.jp/EnHonbashoTopicsKoTorikumi15/wrap/
>>
When do they announce next banzuke?
>>
>>118178
a couple weeks before tge next one. juryo promotions come out earlier iirc
>>
>>118178
See>>118014
>>
>>118180
>>118182
this sucks, what a jerkoffs
>>
>>118183
Yeah, they usually have the banzuke written within a couple days after a tournament ends.

The delay is partially to keep the hype train going but also to give the gyoji time to physically write the banzuke in that specific kind of sumo calligraphy, then send it out to be printed. They want the paper and electronic reveal to happen at the same time.
>>
>>118186
>hype
they probably trying to figure out how to handle the disaster that was Aki
>>
>Mitakeumi WILL keep rank
>Chris Gould, september 12, 2022
https://youtu.be/OSuUTzLE56Q?t=438
>>
>>113606
>Hiro Morita cutting a mean ass promo on the ozekis and yokozuna and burying them six feet under
>SUMO PRIME TIME
>>
>>118203
yeah, that was nice
>>
>>118203
>>118205

How so? hes just a shill for the YDC. At least we know who is backing him with this channel. How can anyone say an Ozeki or a Yokozuna isn't trying? It just sounds so insane.
>>
>>118207
>At least we know who is backing him with this channel
He states "the official JSA youtube channel" every video, it's not a secret
>>
>>118207
>hes just a shill for the YDC.
Chris bringing the conspiracy theory heat again.
>>
File: 20220920_002009.jpg (464 KB, 949x1334)
464 KB
464 KB JPG
>>118146
>>
>>118247
so this is the guy i see in all those hentai doujins
>>
>>118154
Video footage of Taiho's 45 match win streak.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UunoqnApsSg

1. it's amazing how little has changed in 50 years
2. it's amazing how much has changed in 50 years
3. it's amazing how much Oho looks like his Oji-chan.
>>
>>118258
My favorite thing about watching old sumo footage is seeing the rikishi do the quick tachiai after they sort of thrust their hands downward instead of touching the ground. If I'm not mistaken, they did that well into the 90s at least.
>>
File: large_d1bb0354c7.jpg (67 KB, 670x503)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>118271
It started in the 50s, and a new rule did away with most of it in 1984, but it wasn't completely gone until the early 90s.

As you can see here, in 1949-50, they're still touching down, but it's getting a little loose.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDAPbpnhK1E

But, by '52 at the latest, some rikishi are getting away with only going through the motion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6c2YN_rfa0

Still, it would take about a decade for the tachiai to fully transform into the standing upright bullshit of the Taihou era.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cAc55uJwVM
>>
>>118285
>standing upright bullshit
I bet that there were less henka
>>
>>118304
Probably fewer concussions too, I would imagine.
>>
>>118207
>hes just a shill for the YDC.
hmm
>How can anyone say an Ozeki or a Yokozuna isn't trying?
Because of the lackluster performance. And if the ozeki are trying and can only win 4 matches, they clearly aren't ozeki material anymore
>>
>>118201
LMAO fuck Chris
>>
>>118201
it's incredible how often Chris can be wrong
he must be an scp or something, there's no other explaination
>>
>>118314
>if the ozeki are trying and can only win 4 matches, they clearly aren't ozeki material anymore
Or maybe just maybe they're injured
>>
>>118359
Shodai has been doing this shit for more than a year. His remarkable ability to survive kadoban time after time suggests some method to the spotty record. At some point the injury explanation isn’t going to make sense anymore. Mitakeumi is a much clearer case of this.
>>
>>118373
Shodai is surely clinically depressed, which in my opinion, for this purpose, constitutes an injury
Mitakeumi's shoulder is all fucked up, and you could see throughout the basho that he was trying to avoid straining it and went almost entirely without any of his normal sumo techniques
>>
>>
>>
>>118410
Interesting to note the kid who got thrown is Ishizaki
>>
File: Hachijin II 2.jpg (333 KB, 800x597)
333 KB
333 KB JPG
thingken bout Hachijin I and Hachijin II
>>
>>118410
Is he going for the double knee ligament tear ala Ura?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLdKPEP-SJs
rare good video from this channel
>>
>"Fact: maegashitters are the most powerful rikishi on Earth"
>- Tamawashi Fernandez
>>
>>118410
Kawazoe tried that move against Asanoyama who saw it coming a mile away. Kid almost ended his career in his debut bout.
>>
>SUMO PLIME TIME!
>>
>>118201
>Chris strikes again
Someone stop the man
>>
File: event2209_02.jpg (509 KB, 900x600)
509 KB
509 KB JPG
they posted a bunch of pics from the ex-rikishi meetings at the sumo museum; drag the pics to a new tab

https://sumo.or.jp/KokugikanSumoMuseum/
>>
File: event2209_09.jpg (482 KB, 900x600)
482 KB
482 KB JPG
>>118462
>>
>>118462
tfw all sumo enjoyers are 40+
>>
>>118482
Most of them are propably left over women
>>
>>118285
Where does sumoparis get his old school footage it's all kino especially his kinboshi comps
>>
>>118436
Ruined with "please subscribe."
>>
>>118436
>>
Are SumoStew's videos worth watching, banzukebros?
>>
>>118528
They're generally pretty well-made. But you're not going to learn anything from them you didn't know before.

The gentle delivery actually makes them really good for introducing people to sumo. My wife liked watching them when she first started watching Natto's videos with me.
>>
>>118531
Thank you kindly
>>
>>118503
He says he just buys sumo DVDs on amazon. He's Kaiomitsuki on SF.
>>
>>118540
Makes sense
>>
File: FdzOdqkX0AEDUGu.jpg (416 KB, 2048x1536)
416 KB
416 KB JPG
Hakuho is absolutely mogged by what is considered a small undersized NBA player
>>
>>118585
Hakuho is 6'3
>>
>>118585
I don't know. Steph has those long arms, so I'd expect some Abizumo from him, but I doubt he has the mass to move Hakuho.
>>
File: mogged.jpg (668 KB, 1080x948)
668 KB
668 KB JPG
>>118585
i meant to post this one when i saw it. the fuck is this 7'6 motherfucker
>>
>>118201
Did he turn comments back on or nah?
>>
File: Sumo Ura koshinage.webm (2.91 MB, 638x360)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB WEBM
>>
>>118621
Yeah, comments are back.
>>
>>
>>118610
I fucking hate Hokuseihos ugly mug
>>
File: RealOzeki.webm (2.92 MB, 602x440)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
>>
>>118630
get used to him. the next dynasty will be the CHADseiho's
>>
>>118635
The forgotten ozeki. Tochishitters don't even know who kotooshu and baruto were. Too bad baruto didnt stick around and went off to go be my brothers husband
>>
>takayasu Yokozuna
>tamawashi Yokozuna
>Wakatakakage Yokozuna
Imma need some of that Hokkaido weed the jsa is smoking.
>>
>>118654
>Tochishitters don't even know who kotooshu
Every time there's a mono-ii and someone asks, "who's the 7 foot white shimpan"? then they learn.
>>
>>118654
Nobody is forgotten.
Baruto was fucking strong as fuck. According to the Yamamotoyama (250kgs+) he carried even him out of the ring a couple of times during training.
>>
>>118655
i cant tell if the jsa are desperate for ozeki/yokozuna who arent either currently dying or a three ring circus, or theyre just smoking that kansai oregano
or both
>>
>>118655
what are you talking about anon?
>>
>>113606
Is sumo extreme? Also whatever happened to the good posture queen? does she still show up ?
>>
>>114117
sumo bathroom accidents are wild
>>
>>118655
>>118659
YDC =/= JSA. They exist literally solely for the purpose of making decisions and statements not governed by the Association.
>>
>>
File: hakuho basketball.webm (2.92 MB, 720x1280)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
>>118605
>>118585
https://twitter.com/NBAJPN/status/1575364267183771648
>>
File: Over the line.jpg (24 KB, 310x248)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>118689
>>
>>113606
Terunofuji wearing a birthday hat!
>>
>>
File: FeCWNkNagAAsYwl.jpg (363 KB, 1707x1280)
363 KB
363 KB JPG
Waka brothers at Sokokurai's danpatsu-shiki today
>>
File: kakury from downtown.webm (341 KB, 320x180)
341 KB
341 KB WEBM
>>118689
Kakuryu was a fan of basketball as well.
>>
>>118702
Emperor's Cup winner!
Makuuchi joi's newest breakthrough!
and...
the MAKUSHITTER!
>>
>>118704
>Kakuryu still hasn't secured a kabu
I'm scared...
>>
File: 1625792681589.webm (2.96 MB, 640x360)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB WEBM
>>118704
What is this, a webm for ants?
>>
>>118707
He has until 2026 and, as I understand, he's trying to arrange a deal to get the Izutsu share from Toyonoshima and re-open Izutsu stable, so he has to find a share for Toyonoshima too.

I know that, officially, you can't buy and sell shares anymore, and that no one can own more than one share, but there's still a lot of money that exchanges hands in these deals, right?
>>
>>118702
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqSXsR7v0-0
>>
>>118665
LMAO good one brother
>>
>>118528
They're BuzzFeed for sumo; or something more innocuous, like those 2-minute videos about dogs befriending monkeys.
>>
>>118718
I *think* the only money that changes hands is:

-If you take over a name that comes with a stable (you need to effectively buy the building the stable is housed in, not cheap)
-If you take over the name of a guy turning 65, and who doesn't continue on 'til they're 70. You have to pay them the salary they would've earned between 65 and 70 (70% of the regular oyakata salary, around 40 million ¥ across the five years)
-Private "consultancy fees", which are about as opaque as any other non-tournament source of income in sumo
>>
>>118718
What? Toyonoshima is just borrowing the kabu, Izutsu basically belongs to Shimanoumi now because he just married the former Izutsu's daughter. Kakuryu in all likelihood will probably inherit Michinoku beya, who he has been a coach for since he became an oyakata. Michinoku oyakata turns 65 in 2 years and doesn't really have a better option in sight
>>
>>118719
That was a great bout. Wakatakakage pats Wakamotoharu on the back, as if saying, "you've got a lot to learn before you can beat me, brother."
>>
Anyone got a gif/webm of a good shiko for me?
>>
You now remember kakuryu’s final bout
>>
>>118753
I actually don't. I also don't remember Kisenosato's (I started watching sumo soon after Harumafuji's retirement so can't remember his or anyone's before either).
>>
>>118663
I'd you judge how extreme a sport is by the average amount of injuries then it probably is. She shows up, but not as popular as before since people fit used to get and her maskless pics were found. You can see her in the footage from the last tournament, but it depends on the day and the camera. I think I've seen her in some of asanoyama's bouts on natto's videos.
>>
File: kabus.jpg (162 KB, 966x565)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>118743
There's a lot more money moving than that. It's all unofficial and unspoken, though. The kabu system is just as opaque to Japanese reporters as it is to sumoforum.

>>118744
>Toyonoshima is just borrowing the kabu
Kabu loans are explicitly banned, under penalty of dismissal.
Loopholes exist, however - involving money.
>>
>>118754
https://youtu.be/s6AP3qNJEQE

How can anyone forget
>>
bros if there's one former rikishi who could turn to MMA and actually have a positive w-l ratio it would be him

will he do it
>>
>>118774
noooo no chance. hes a coach now and I'm sure hes not done with sumo. plus it would be seen as an unfavorable decision by a lot of japanese fans. there's no chance. I'd love to see him do a one off exhibition match though thatd be fucking awesome
>>
>>118774
>turn to MMA and actually have a positive w-l ratio it would be him
Baruto already did that
>>
>>118770
I think I repressed that memory.
>>
>>118760
Japanese businesses and shady accounting; no finer combination!
>>
>>118774
Hakuho definitely could do okay in MMA, but he's a bit old.

If you got your hands on 16 year old Monkhbatyn, then you would have an MMA champion who'd redefine the whole of heavyweight mixed martial arts in whatever promotion.

However, he doesn't need to do this, when he can be a sumo coach in the sport he loves, and he's already a multi millionaire landlord who doesn't need to work a day in his life (but still will because he's that kind of guy)
>>
>>118760
>Kabu loans are explicitly banned, under penalty of dismissal.
I thought it was simply a matter of not being able to own two or more shares at once, so you couldn't loan one share out to a friend and increase your own voting power.

If I remember correctly, Taiho was given the one-time share under the name Taiho, but also bought the Otake share (and probably others.)

I remember there were rumors of Takanohana owning a whole handful of shares and basically buying himself a voting bloc. I think that, in addition to his own one-time share, he had at least the Futagoyama and Yamahibiki shares.
>>
the power of the yokozuna...
>>
File: kakuryu.jpg (31 KB, 769x636)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>118874
>>
File: 1664830205975.jpg (109 KB, 660x493)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>118874
>>118879
>ungainly virgin
>chad thundercock
i would have forced myself to do another basho no matter what to get atleast one win to go out on
>>
chris and comments off is my second favorite pair, after shodai and mono-ii
>>
>>118840
>I thought it was simply a matter of not being able to own two or more shares at once, so you couldn't loan one share out to a friend and increase your own voting power.
nope

https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/sumo/news/f-sp-tp3-20130109-1070020.html
>>
>kotoshogiku
Didn’t he go 7-0 on his Yokozuna run but shitted the bed week 2
>>
File: geek.png (86 KB, 586x743)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
>>118936
4-0 through day 4, 7-1 through day 8, finished 8-7
>>
>>118937
I just noticed every single one of the opponents he beat finished makekoshi, and every opponent who beat him finished kachikoshi
>>
>>118937
>fighting kisenosato, harumafuji, Hakuho, kakuryu, terunofuji week 2
>>
>>118734
>like those 2-minute videos about dogs befriending monkeys
good analogy, I agree
>>118905
Did he do it AGAIN?
>>
File: horse meet rider.png (212 KB, 501x290)
212 KB
212 KB PNG
>>118905
>>
>>118929
What does that article say?
>>
File: yokozuna champion.png (1.57 MB, 1348x759)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
>>118967
Toshiyori committee agrees to ban kabu loans under NSK's new designation as a Public Utility Foundation. A blanket ban has been placed on loaning kabu from other oyakata or active rikishi to comply with regulations, agreement to be formalized at the rijikai meeting, those oyakata currently loaning a name will have a 3-year sunset period to find a new name, etc.

This was published in January 2013, the deal was finalized in January 2014, and we still have very obvious loans. At least one Japanese paper I have seen wrote (in 2018) that they had reached out to the Kyoukai to ask why kabu loans still exist, and received no response.

Here's a post with many more details on the 2013 kabu reform stuff, though the articles he links require subscriptions.
http://www.sumoforum.net/forums/topic/29809-nsk-new-corporate-status-hyogi-inkai-and-myoseki/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-236882
>>
>>118936
That was Goeido
>>
>>118970
Thanks anon. Seems like these guys act like a mafia. No hard rules, none public, nothing enforced consistently.
It’s frustrating to try and keep track of.
>>
>>118974
>It’s frustrating to try and keep track of.
It is.

>these guys act like a mafia
Ironically, part of what led to the kabu centralizing effort was an effort to stamp out yakuza influence. It was there with Wajima, with the match-fixing scandal, and with Asashouryuu's expulsion.
>>
>>118976
So how does Okinoumi own the Kimigahama kabu while Kotoyuki uses it?
>>
>>118977
By ignoring the rules
>>
>>118958
For the sokorukai video where he talked about it being vengeance for his unjust suspension and sticking it to jsa. What a clown
>>
>>118985
Pretty based for sokokurai to address the elephant in the room despite being in a culture that refuses to do so though
>>
>>118937
>that week 2
not even in the best timeline he would've made it.
>>
>>
>>118734
>>118958
>sumojewfeed
>schizochris
thats why i follow jason
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxODS0CwBws

IT'S KINO TIME!!!!!

Remember to leave a like and/or comment (yes, comments are OPEN!!!!!!!)
>>
File: 023942394.jpg (15 KB, 1254x70)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
Just one of the braindead sumo fans that Chris Gould's """""journalism""""" has created.
>>
>>119102
>it's also a furry
>>
>>119087
>when you finally have the long button combos down
>>
>>119087
Amakaze still wrasslin down in jonidan
>>
>>119101
fuck off Hiro
>>
I wish they had videos of raiden tameemon he sounded like a real monster!
>>
>>119271
Raiden was too early, but we have a few photos of maybe the next best rikishi, yokozuna Umegatani I. 116-6 in makuuchi.
>>
File: chrisstatement.jpg (84 KB, 824x508)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>I'm not a passive-aggressive loser...I swear.
>>
File: Screenshot_23.jpg (65 KB, 335x399)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>one ozeki left that can barely reach kachi-koshi every now and then
>other sanyaku rikishi are also shit
>one yokozuna that can barely walk
>>
>>119330
Hoshoryu and WTK are fine, wtf are you talking about
>>
File: 1660400512335247.gif (861 KB, 410x412)
861 KB
861 KB GIF
>>119322
>chris
>non debatable information
>sumo truths
>>
>>119333
who cares about fine? Are any of them close to ozeki?
>>
>>119339
Waka is close to ozeki, yes.

He's also got the largest number of wins this year of any top division rikishi (and it's not even close)
>>
>>119330
I wonder if the last 2-3 years of coof lockdowns have contributed to the parity/mediocrity we're dealing with.
>>
File: takapeido.jpg (2.33 MB, 2534x2831)
2.33 MB
2.33 MB JPG
>>
>>119361
Huh. He's got a lot more body hair than I would have guessed. If he didn't shave that shit, he'd look like Takayasu.
>>
>>119342
>not even close
Kotonowaka would have more wins than shitakekage if he didn’t pull out of July and he could’ve gotten the yusho in July if it weren’t for Covid. Wakatakakage is fucking a mid rikishi at best he will never reach oozeki

Kotonowaka 46
Wakatakakage 49

Also kotonowaka is 3-1 in their last 4 meetings he has been soning him all year.
>>
File: hambaga.png (2.89 MB, 2534x2831)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB PNG
>>119361
>>
>>119369
Too bad Kotonowaka bombed this last basho
>>
>>119397
8-7 from M2 is hardly bombing. It wasn't his best tournament and he blew two winnable matches on Days 14/15, but he was able to get a kachi-koshi despite not being at his best.
>>
https://youtu.be/gOv6X4HExM4?t=320
>Kotoshoho shoots on Tochinoshin in what was meant to be an exhibition!

Stay based, Chris.
>>
>>119398
>defending an 8-7 record at maegashitter
>>
>>119369
To win in July even healthy, he would have had to go through
>Ichinojo
Possible, he has a good h2h score against him. Ichinojo was on a good tear though, so it wouldn’t have been easy.
>Hamburg ozeki
Probably not. He tends to get bodied by hamtaro.
>Terunofuji
Yeah, no.
>>
>>119405
You're right. He's garbage. He should just quit now. Really, if you're not a yokozuna by the time you're 24 you should just retire and open up the makuuchi slot for someone else.
>>
>>119405
Who's defending anything. I'm not the one who called a kachi-koshi "bombing." 8-7 is fine. It's not good, it's not bad. You need to separate yourself from your irrational hatred for him and look objectively.
>>
>>119405
An 8-7 above M4 where you face the top ranks is fine. Good, in fact. You're facing opponents much better ranked than you for the first week.
>>
>>119407
>inchinojo
Already beat him day 8 and made it lol easy
>Hamburg steaky oozeki and terunokneesfuji
Already lost to them early on but that’s okay

Kotonowaka was 7-3 after his loss to hoshoryu and only had rank and filers to face he would have had to go perfect the rest of the tourney. A tall order but definitely doable for the Yokozuna in making.
>>
>>119405
>defending an 8-7 record at maegashitter
Better than defending shitters like hoshoryu and wtk who go 8-7 regularly
>>
>SHITtakakakkatatagage is garbage. Crapkage barely gets KK in tournaments this year.
>NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Kotonowaka didn't bomb AT M2 with 8-7!!!!! He fought the sanyaku!! THE SANYAKU!!!
>>
>>119358
most likely but less than a fact than a lot of old sanyaku old timers retired and new generation suck ass.
>>
>>119420
Yeah, but does the new generation suck ass because of the coof? Like it's hindered their development?

Take Oho, for example. He joins Otake stable just as the world shuts down. Sure, it's a crappy stable but in normal times he'd still be able to work out at other stables with other wrestlers. Instead, he spends basically his entire career stuck training against stablemates who are unable to challenge him and so he can't develop.
>>
>>119422
maybe you're right, we'll never know.
The fact is unless JSA bends the rules we won't see any new ozeki-yokozuna in the near future.
>>
>>119358
I think it’s the lack of cheering everyone is a heartlet these day. I miss the cheering it was very sovlfvll.
>>
>>119423
That's probably true. We can only hope that one of the young guys can make a mental or physical leap now that things have opened up, a la Chiyonofuji, who spent a couple years in his early 20s as a mid-maegashitter before taking off like a rocket in 1980 and became yokozuna at 26.
>>
>119418
>that filename
dont even deserve the (you)
>>
>>119423
>The fact is unless JSA bends the rules we won't see any new ozeki-yokozuna in the near future.
Daiki Nakamura, Tetsuya Ochiai and Kinbozan have something to say about that
>>
>>119427
>repeats my post
>doesn't read it
idiot
>>
File: back.jpg (136 KB, 1024x884)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>119418
>that filename
>>
>>119416
>wtk goes 8-7 regularly
he's gone 8-7 4 times over his last 20 active basho, and two of those were before he came into makuuchi. Something that happens a little more than once a year isn't exactly regular.
>>
>>
>>119405
>>117915
>>117916
>>
File: clipping.jpg (663 KB, 2149x1661)
663 KB
663 KB JPG
May 24, 1920. With the Natsu basho over, the Tokyo Daily News looks toward Haru.
http://sumodb.sumogames.de/Banzuke.aspx?b=192005

--------------------
Again, the East Takes the Pennant
A Full 28-Win Gap Made the Difference
This basho's yuushou pennant battle saw the East win with regularity each day, from shonichi to senshuuraku, until 28 wins was the margin of their victory. As covered elsewhere, the flag-bearer received the pennant from Tomozuna on the dohyou; then, the East-side men piled into [20+] automobiles and, their procession headed by a band, they paraded through the streets, bringing the pennant by each of the East-side heya with the route ultimately terminating at Hatachiyamabeya. Tsunenohana, Tsushimanada and other West-side warriors are to return next basho, but if the East sees the promotions of some promising names, the coming yuushou pennant race will be very exciting indeed.
-----
The Coming Banzuke
Food for Thought
With Natsu's results in hand, let's try to look ahead to the new banzuke for the Haru basho.
Starting with the East side: today, the Kyoukai will open their discussions to settle the matter of the possibility of Chibagasaki's promotion to yokozuna. If Chibagasaki is promoted, it's possible Ooshio would be pushed up to oozeki. Misugiiso should be staying where he is, and Asogatake will move up to komusubi. Tachihikari and Kuragatake, of course, will be East-side nyuumaku, with Oonotaka unfortunately likely to drop to juuryou.
On the West side: Oonishiki will remain the sei-yokozuna. Genjiyama will likely replace Tsushimanada at sekiwake, Ryougoku could go to komusubi, and Fukuyanagi to M1. Onishiyama and Kiyomigata should fall to makushita [juuryou], with Hakkouzan and Tsurugahama coming up as nyuumaku to replace them. Additionally, there will be many new faces entering juuryou come Haru, and therefore much entertaining sumo to see.
--------------------
>>
File: o1405100614829113484.jpg (243 KB, 1405x1006)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
>>119499
Takeaways:
Back then, basho had both an individual and group winner; a yokozuna could win the individual yuushou despite his side losing the East-West yuushou battle.
100 years ago, newspaper-reading sumo fans were already mulling over banzuke hypotheticals, and the hypotheticals read almost identically to posts today.
The yusho car is a literal century-old tradition!

As an addendum, part of this clipping is adjacent to an odd tale: Ooshio, the rikishi who might have been promoted to oozeki if Chibagasaki had gotten yokozuna, would never wrestle again after this was published. Reportedly, he was a prodigious alcoholic who drank himself out of sumo not once but twice, and then disappeared from the annals of history.
>>
File: 1623376355429-TnOGfcvC3d.jpg (535 KB, 1800x1354)
535 KB
535 KB JPG
>>119500
Here's Asogatake, in the midst of the excitement, on his way to the car.
>>
>>119467
Wtk is a single digit shitter in his last 20 basho he has posted 14 single win digit wins with like 4 of them being mks. Wtk is hella over hyped.
>>
>>119517
>only four MK over the last 20 basho
Nice. Ozeki by haru 2023.
>>
>>119518
Yeah he’s definitely making oozeki with a whopping 29 wins KWAB
>>
File: yokozuna kakuryu.jpg (227 KB, 755x720)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
>>119522
>>
>>119500
>the East-West yuushou battle.
How exactly did it work? I'm always confused by that split in sumo.
>>
>>119540
You add up the number of wins of the guys from the east side of the banzuke and compare it to the west.
>>
>>119541
Considering that the east side is higher by default won't it be really lopsided? Also don't those dudes also fight among themselves?
>>
File: east.png (41 KB, 586x450)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>>119544
>Considering that the east side is higher by default won't it be really lopsided?
It wasn't quite like that back then. To some extent, they prioritized sides for promoted rikishi based on which side needed help. Below makuuchi, the sides didn't matter and anyone could fight anyone, so this wasn't a big issue.

>don't those dudes also fight among themselves
Nope, which leads to some really weird looking matchup sheets from our perspective today.
>>
File: IMG_20221007_173103.jpg (791 KB, 1080x2132)
791 KB
791 KB JPG
>>119546
>Nope, which leads to some really weird looking matchup sheets from our perspective today.
Doesn't seem to check out
>>
File: IMG_20221007_173313.jpg (519 KB, 974x1077)
519 KB
519 KB JPG
>>119556
Another example
>>
>>119557
Oh wait I'm retarded.
>>
>>119558
yes. yes you are

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.