[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 52 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: tiago.jpg (679 KB, 1500x2000)
679 KB
679 KB JPG
The only thing Tiago did wrong was not also use the N-word edition.

Basic brand information for beginners:
>https://pastebin.com/CxdBGA6W

Shoe reviews:
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnSv7MyhLozYdGM1a1FUMHNtTkRFN0xkVmt3dEZ0NHc#gid=0

Submit a shoe review:
>https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y70Tug_iI9-dW2VqBBzsI9PCnFlw1jIOu9yTlHcc-wY/viewform

Vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tD9hWKSgN8

Old thread
>>108743
>>
>>
You NEED to do your daily tribute heelflip to me or I'll die irl.
>>
fuck booters
fuck scooters
fuck street
fuck vulcs
fuck wax
fuck baggy clothes
fuck shitted gayter
fuck double-kick boards
fuck small boards
fuck hard wheels
fuck tiny wheels
fuck rodney
fuck natas
fuck gonz
kill rocco
fuck frost
fuck the gram
fuck metal coping
fuck """"""""""""""""""style""""""""""""""""""
and fuck you too

rip philpod, grosso, and schneer
>>
File: GH011678_2.webm (1.37 MB, 500x500)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB WEBM
What's the best way to say "I landed these cleaner off camera" without sounding like a liar?
>>
>>109849
Sir, this is not a heelflip.
>>
>>109837
based except for vulcs and hard wheels
>>
the new bronze x dc video is really good

>>109849
I wish I knew, ill land a trick multiple times clean but the second i set my phone up I cant do it and when I finally do its sloppy and my arms are flailing everywhere.
>>
>>109849
"I'm camera-shy" or "The wind was blowing, like, really strong, man. You just can't tell because my hair is super stiff and my clothes are made of hairspray."
>>
>>109859
You don't like tiny wheels? :c
>>
goddamn i forgot how heavy this part was
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60C5eK8Sm2Y
>>
>>109865
I actually do like small wheels for flip tricks, it just becomes too hard to keep speed with them in big tranny at a point
>>
>>109872
I see. My local is like, the smallest stock option, so we don't have any pools. I have some small, hard wheels that I got for flips and stuff. They're really fun in my garage. (Surprisingly, they feel just like my stock element wheels, but more responsive/bouncy because of their size. I wasn't aiming for that, but they feel like a bump stock on an awp.) Sadly, I can't do many tricks, either, but I trust you know what you're talking about in regards to transition stuff. I wouldn't dare ride them on the streets, where I live.
>>
>>109837
Cringe
Don't ever talk about gonz like that or I'll beat the shit out of you boy
>>
>>109837
>fuck street
>fuck small boards
>fuck metal coping
wtf is up with this list do you exclusively skate big air?
>>
>>109876
rocco is prob the best thing to ever happen toskateboarding too
>>
Bros i'm sick of fucking working 6 days a week
>>
What's everyone's favourite thing to skate? Is there a specific obstacle in your locak park/street spot that you love the most?
>>
>>109894
I basically only skate the bowl at this point. I like it because 90% of the time i am the only one skating it.
>>
>>109894
im a ledge boi myself, love me a good ledge

https://youtu.be/eytEaKgwAMo
>>
>>109894
honestly i just like going fast and jumping shit.
>>
is it worth getting tickets to sls? Never been before and it's apparently the first time it's being hosted near where I live..
>>
>>109849
I was just wickity warming up yo
>>
>>109899
how much are the tickets?
>>
look at this man here and tell me you don't want to be able to do that I cannot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3jvFp9krXM
>>
>>109908
30 bucks a pop
>>
File: dax.png (535 KB, 423x616)
535 KB
535 KB PNG
beazcomp today
>>
>>109909
A stationary manual is pointless so I really don't care if I could or couldn't do it.
>>
>>109914
thats not bad for the experience and to say you did it i guess. they serve beer and shit? would be amazing if it was byob
>>
>>109902
You've got to be kickity kidding me!
>>
>>109929
Probably, but I don't drink. Looks like it would be cool though, I've never been to am actual skate competition as I've only been skating a couple years
>>
File: IMG_20220806_114401.jpg (2.49 MB, 3968x1984)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB JPG
>start loving skateboarding as a child
>been "skating" for a long time
>Also be fat
>Anyone else who rode a skateboard avoids me like a plague
>They clique up and progress together as I skate solo
>Never really get past ollies, cruising, and some park terrain.
>Years later, same kids drop skateboarding like a fly, move on to other hobbies or something to smoke.
>Still here
>Still pushing.
>Still can't flip my board, fuck me.

It's not a glorious story, but I just love skating, and wanna play with my skateboard until I'm unable.
>>
>>109940
Just start fasting bro
>>
>>109941
I gotta man.
It's such a bizarre thing, but the idea of me getting big boy tricks is actually more appealing than the physique or the rest of the numerous benefits to getting slim.
>>
ive been skating almost nothing but transition/curbs for the past like year and i tried to skate a knee high ledge and could hardly ollie up onto it this sucks but also battling basic tricks on the ledge was pretty boring and I left after an hour lol

>>109937
ive never been to an actual competition and ive been skating my whole life lol
>>
>>109943
>ive never been to an actual competition and ive been skating my whole life lol

yeah, it's kinda weird, not like it's an nba game or anything comparable. It's just it's own thing
>>
>>109940
franky villani is one of the best skaters out right now, there's no excuses and I don't think that he's ever actually been that skinny.
>>
shop contests are pretty fun because you get to skate the park and chill with everyone during the downtime, they're almost more like a cookout than anything.
xgames type shit is cool for the spectacle maybe once or twice, but pretty much everyone i know just watches it on tv now because it's less of a hassle & at these kind of events you're basically just watching the jumbotron the most of the time anyway.
standing on the top deck for superpipe feels pretty fucking cool though.
>>109940
big dudes look kind of rad on a board when they know how to use it. i feel like falling as a fatty has got to be way harder on your body.
>>
>>109949
franky villani isn't even fat when you compare him to actual "fat" Americans
>>
File: 1582915639536.png (56 KB, 434x327)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
>cobra man
>worble
>>
>>109940
I would skate with you, I too have no one to skate with where are you from?
Also I see some huge black dude on thrashers ig doing slappy's and other tricks, if he could do it so could you
>>
>>109943
>transition/curbs
Based
>>
should i buy the meme wheels?
>>
>>109946
ill just stick to events, demos, jams, clean ups, shop/community based contests, those are a lot of fun, drunk vs sober and queen of the park at fdr are sick
>>
Tonight i will rape the local skater girl again
>>
>>109968
calm down tiago
>>
>>109950
Falling as a Fatboy is catastrophic lol.
>>
>>109968
Is it a real skater girl or an NYC skater "girl" though?
>>
>>109968
You can't rape a punk. My band director taught me that. He also convinced me to stay in IT, indirectly, which led to me picking up a skateboard but also cost me my leg muscles, so I take that back; maybe you can rape a punk?
>>
>>109989
why did your band director rape you?
>>
>>109989
why did you try to rape your band director?
>>
>>109989
anon raped and was raped by his band director during the sizzling sweltering hot summer of an unspecified year
>>
>>109990
>>109991
>>109992
Because he didn't want me to die, obviously. He wanted me to skate. Anyway, Winter was involved, too, unlike most people's skating experience in Canada.
>>
Kid at my local Was throwing “wallride into boardslides” in his line with like zero effort and it fucked me up so hard.

Idk how he did it. The ledge/wall is crust city USA and it looks so fucking clean.
>>
How do I stop autistically opening up my shoulders backside when practicing ollie's? I'm goofy and after 6 months Bs 180s come out way easier than ollies
>>
Skating my boy's mini ramp today
Will try get some pics and vids
>>
>>110040
Stop being scared.
>>
>>109989
He taught me perseverance through patience and not to care what other people think about me. "Uncool" helmets haven't saved me yet, but I'm sure they will.
>>
I raped the skatergirl again
>>
one of the guys at my local park let me skate his 8.5" and my board is like a 7.7" and its making me not want to skate until I can afford one but im broke as fuck this shit SUCKS
>>
Nick Jensen is balding and I feel for him.
>>
File: andy anderson.png (289 KB, 460x406)
289 KB
289 KB PNG
do you think he has ever seen a vagina?
>>
>>110055
who?
>>
>>110057
>>110057
/esg/ in a nutshell
>>
>>110056
I think he has had plenty of vagina
>>
>>110059
I think you've never seen a vagina either
>>
>>110058
Probably some eurofag who does circus tricks
Not interested
>>
>>110055
hair is everything. i feel so bad for baldlets.
>>110053
here's your (you)
>>
cant think of good music to use for a skate video so im probably going to default to nujabes and nujabes clones
>>
>>110064
If i was going to make a skate video i would avoid coon toons and instead put some classic old pop or something fun

Not a fan of black people
>>
>>110054
Vinko?
>>
>>110055
desu artfags can get away with a little bald.
max palmer does it well
>>
File: RIP in peace.jpg (359 KB, 628x940)
359 KB
359 KB JPG
>>110072
>a little
It's over Nick, you have to accept it
>>
>>110064
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJWtfDvK_Os

here you go
>>
>>110072
max palmer does NOT look "well" with his bald ass head, he just doesn't give a fuck, so it isn't distracting because hes not trying to constantly do weird combovers or hairstyles or wearing hats in weather that doesn't call for it. thats the real secret here. his hair is actually fucked up and he looks like a bum but he doesn't care so its fine
>>
Just got some spitfire f4 classics in 56 and i have to say they feel much better than the conical fulls when skati g. Might be my fav wheel after ricta clouds.

What are your fav wheels?
>>
>>110088
F4 Conicals
OJ Elites for skating in parks
>>
>>110084
no, im set on this while attempting some suicidal steps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT5c4qkre4U
>>
>>110088
Thinking of getting 56, do you use risers or got hi trucks?
>>
>>110102
Yes
>>
>>110102
Trucks size is standard (hollow indys). No extreme wheelbiting so far. I’d say get some risers only for the low profile ones. Otherwise you can rock it just fine without them
>>
>>110094
yikes
>>
>>110066
i hate when they use soul music or r&b in skate videos especially with white skaters, its so fucking lame and overdone now.
>>110064
use field recordings asmr
>>
>>110119
lol what are you talking about dude i can't even think of 5 recent videos featuring white dudes skating to soul music. do you even know what soul music is?
>>
>>110119
>>110122
it was good in first love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-VRq4iRI8c
>>
>>110122
theres been more but this is the most recent offender
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-D_tXlt4PM
>>
>>110128
he's french, you know how they are
>>
>>110064
I love Nujabes, but you can do better than hip hop and lowfi backing tracks.

>>110040
Try looking at a different spot on the ground/board. I'mma bet that you're trying to spot your landing too early, turning your head, which turns your shoulders, which turns your hips, etc. I do that shit all the time too. There's this one box that I like to ollie over at my local that's on a slight incline, and for some reason it's much harder to stay straight going uphill rather than downhill, but I'd bet it's that it's easier to focus on rolling while going downhill and so it's easier for me to look straight down when I ollie.
>>
File: IMG_20220807_152624~2.jpg (1.83 MB, 2909x2239)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB JPG
Mini ramp session today

This is my friend, he is in his 50s and kills it
>>
How did everyone's weekend go?

I accidentally landed a kickflip and my first flyout earlier.
>>
>>110134
comfy ramp
>>
>>110137
It's super comfy but at the same time it's actually pretty big for a mini ramp, that extension is 7ft
>>
>>110139
the flat bottom looks short
>>
>>110140
Maybe a little bit but not noticeably, it's just fast
>>
>>110054
my homie got a new board and gave me his old 8.5 because i wanted to size up, really nice of him
>>
LET'S FUCKNG GOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do9iX2IKfOI
>>
>>110134
looks sick and well maintained but i hate the not-a-mini/not-a-half-pipe height
>>
>>110056
I actually think he slays, unfortunately. he's a super famous skater/olympic athlete and he's pretty attractive. he lives in venice where girls are probably into his hippie dippy bullshit. and it's not like normie girls can tell what kind of skating is kooky and what isn't. they just see some faux-enlightened dude shredding up a skatepark with a bunch of cameras on him.
>>
I've always suspected Andy Anderson smokes a ton of weed.
>>
>>110193
He doesn't go outdoors without a helmet, he probably thinks his penis goes in the chick's pisshole
>>
Does anyone else have this thing happen where they see a video of them skating and you're just like what the FUCK how is my style that bad?
>>
>>110201
I notice how cute I am
>>
>>110202
ywNbaw
>>
>>110199
ya on second thought I'm sure you get a lot more pussy, guy who posts about skateboarding on 4chan.
>>
>>110201
just skate faster and it will solve most of your problems. if you skate fast, you can't be all wiggly-wobbly and flailing around. it forces you to do things in a more intense, deliberate manner.
>>
>>110207
That's true, in the vid i saw of me i was going pretty slow but if im going faster i usually look better
>>
>>110072
Agreed
>>
>>110136
Accidentally? I landed a heelflip to manual on the manny pad.
>>
>>110224
Yeah, I tried to do that one trick (hardflip???) where you pop and kick the nose down into a sort of impossible flip while also kickflipping the board around 180 degrees. Was just trying to see if I could make it do the flip before putting my feet down, but accidentally just kickflipped it and landed it. It's like the 5th one I've ever done.
>>
Is Shoe Goo usuable on soles? I have a hole in that one spot under the ball of my lead foot. Never used the stuff before but I assume it's more for tears on the actual body of the shoe?
>>
>>110231
It'll probs be hard and uncomfy but I don't see why you shouldn't just try it anyway.
>>
>>110113
Yeah Im unsure if I should get risers for my thunder his since theyre a bit lower then indies. Riding 55mm bonest stf on them(probably 54mm now) and I never get wheelbite cruising but if I pinch the pocket when landing or doing goofy shit Ill wheelbite and die. Maybe Ill get them when I get a big fat 58-60mm cruiser wheel.
>>
>>110136
i did some manuals without ending up in extreme pain
>>110185
i did not except the shorts madness arc
>>
any Polack can confirm if this site is legit
https://selectshop.eu/
>or if anyone knows some other good euro sites
t.hanks
>>
>>110231
It isn’t worth it. I tried it when I was a kid & the goo would eventually peel off with pushing. If your sole has worn through throw em out
>>
>>110087
he looks daddy sexy af
>>
>>110244
>palmer
>daddy sexy

What are you, 16?
>>
>>110136
Pretty chill. Almost died of heatstroke but I’m getting more comfortable with wallrides/the euro gap at my local park.

Gonna spend any free time I have grinding out heelflips tho. I need to get them consistent and I’m pissed i didn’t try more on Sunday before the sun got me

Anybody have tips for when it flips behind you? I can’t get it to stay under me consistently
>>
>>110222
Is he like 5'5?
>>
what do people even like about max palmer? he looks like he has cancer
>>
>>110277
That's messed up anon.
>>
>>110278
i'm not even trying to be a dick but he just looks so like frail and sickly looking. what do people see in his skating?
>>
>>110279
I don't know, I share your opinion. I just don't speak it out loud, because saying someone looks like they have cancer is a bit fucked. Could have said that he looks like IM Weasel or something.
>>
>>110279
hes really good at skating has great style and a charismatic personality. he doesnt look sickly hes like 33 what is wrong with you retard
>>
>>110231
you can do it but youll be replacing it every other sesh if not every sesh. the trick is that you have to actually cut and sand down the shoe goo so that it perfectly fits in the hole and theres nothing left outside the hole to start peeling. it also helps if you do this is layers like put a little in the hole wait for it to dry for like an hour, cut the excess around the hole, sand it, put another layer etc. I used to do this and put the shoe under a garage/basement work light that ran really hot so the glue dried faster you could use a hair dryer. again ymmv and this is something only the poorest kid should be doing a pair of emericas/etnies can be had for 30 dollars.
>>
>>110127
dont you know this is cultural appropriation
>>
>>110279
do you like your men thicc?
>>
>>110277
I have to agree with the other anon, max doesn’t appear sickly to me either. He has a proper build for a man, he’s for sure within 6ft height territory and is lean but not frail. The balding is unfortunate but is a sign of High T and the level of fucks he’s give about it (zero) just makes him that much cooler. Everything about max radiates comfort. He just seems content. He’s not my fave skater in the world but I appreciate how he goes out of his way to skate things that are not meant to be skated. I understand the appeal. He’s not trying to be a pseudo intellectual about his skating like suicu. He has an unconventional approach to skating while still keeping it tasteful and interesting.
>>
>>110283
>he doesn't look sickly
>>110222
>10 inch arms
>hunched over
>considerably shorter than that woman
>balding
>meth face

>>110289
I like my men to look like men
>>
>>110290
>He has a proper build for a man
If you are 33 and you are that skinny you should see a doctor, you probably have some kind of medical condition.

And balding is not a sign of high test lmao srsly nigger? Does he look like he has high test? Honestly man c'mon smdh
>>
>>110296
>I like my men to look like men
lmao gay
>>
>>110290
This anon gets it. I also like that he doesn't use social media.
>>
>>
>>110297
High levels of DHT is directly correlated to male patterned baldness. estrogen filled soi boys wouldn’t understand.
>>
>>110303
baldness is high test
you see this in lions too
>>
File: FZkxqUTXoAEKKkK[1].jpg (154 KB, 1125x1586)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
tim pool wears cariumas lol
>>
>>110297
>>110296
sounds like a lot of cop + seethe from somebody whos bad at skating and cant get laid
>>
>>110303
High dht doesn't mean you have high testosterone. It just means your body converts your dht to testosterone at a higher rate. Seriously, you don't know what you're talking about. People haven't believed that testosterone leads to baldness for like 20 years at this point.
>>
>>110308
that guy is a closet homosexual. you can tell by his bizarre fixation on Max Palmer's body. seriously who even thinks about weird shit like that? the guy is watching his footage but instead of seeing the skating he's obsessing about his arm size.
>>
This is a high test man according to /esg/

Lmao

Does he have AIDs?
>>
>>110314
>Does he have AIDs?
nah but you probbaly do, faggot
>>
>>110315
Is max palmer your boyfriend? Is that why you're getting so defensive?
>>
>>110303
>>110306
'im balding because I'm high test' is the oldest cope in the book
>>
This gay is actually throwing a fit god damn
>>
>>
>>
>>110320
The original Chad
>>
okay faggots stop arguing new louie lopez footy just dropped
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-A7pqw4Mxg
>>
>>
>>110322
The blunt flip out thing was sick
>>
shots fired at AO
>>
>>110327
>>110327
lmao
>>
>>110327
I don't get it.
>>
>>110322
That was an oddly good song for a skate video.
>>
>>110324
Hardflip.
>>
>>110335
Kickflip Body Varial.
>>
>>110327
is there bad blood w/ 917?
i thought it was just a money thing
>>
>>110336
retard
>>
>>
>>110333
>>
>>110263
most pros are on the shorter side, sometimes surprisingly short. must be advantageous, having a lower center of gravity or whatever. I remember reading a comment on Slap that said something like, "every pro I see in person looks like a malnourished midget."
>>
>>110277
>what do people even like about max palmer? he looks like he has cancer
what do those two things even have to do with each other? would you like him more if he was prettier and had a full head of hair? lmao.
>>
>>110333
>>110340
>>110337
I think this might have started with 917 putting out an 'Art School' deck that clearly mimics Quasi's style. the name seems to suggest that the style of design is amateurish.
>>
>>110327
amazing

>>110337
there was a complete lack of involvment on Alex Olsons part, like he didnt even show up to one of the premieres for the vid of his own company.

this interview with him basically he admits he did everything wrong but hes such a egotistical hippie douche that hes like whatever man gotta move on those guys had to do their thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fogGJyRc_Ak

in this slappals video people are grilling cyrus about whats going on with 917 and you can see the cogs working in his brain and he basically quit after this and everyone else with him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djner650dbw

>>110339
its actually a muska flip
>>
>>110340
me 3 days into noshit
>>
>>110345
It's a hard flip you inbred.
>>
>>110345
>its actually a muska flip
body comes out regs, doesn't turn, therefore not any kinda frontside flip.
>>
>>110347
>>110349
its a joke chill
>>
>>110350
i dont get the joke sry my apologies
>>
>>110320
This guy has the best ollies. Somehow insanely high but also chill as fuck looking.
>>
>>110345
so is that guy steve olson's son?
>>
>>110353
are you that out of the loop dude? "that guy" Alex Olson was a professional skater, featured in skate videos such as Fully Flared. perhaps you've never heard of that either. then he went on to create the board company 917, but you've probably never heard of that either right? lmao it's like you're trying to coolguy Alex Olson on 4chan
>>
>>110134
i cant help but imagine this ramp on a thps game and getting enough air to grind the powerlines and getting the electric zombie special
>>
been skateboarding since 2009. havent practiced tricks in like a decade though I just skate around basically using it like a bike. Can I post here?
>>
>>110354
Yeah pretty much been totally out of the loop for the past decade, I vaguely remember his fully flared part although that vid was never my jam anyway.
>>
>>110359
>Can I post here?
if you ollie up curbs at least, then sure. if you encounter a curb and stop, pick up your board, step up the curb, then set your board back down... then no you gotta go
>>
>>110350
just pretending to be retarded, right? lmao
>>
Zack dowdy's DIY advice is so fucking retarded it makes my head hurt.
>>
>>110201
this just happened to me, dude at the park started filming me in an effort to point out things i was doing wrong and it made me want to not even skate i looked so bad lmao
>>
>>110377
did he just do that out of nowhere? i would have told them to fuck off if they did that to me without asking. what a prick. it's skateboarding not fucking golf
>>
>>110378
he was talking to me beforehand but yeah he just kinda posted up and started filming, dude was kinda kooky desu

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.