[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 15 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

This is an MMA practitioner vs a guy twice his size.
Is there anything the little guy could've done to beat that guy if they were in a serious fight?
>>
>>109687
yo, that old guy was kinda creepy at the end.
>>
>>109687
kick him in the nuts
>>
>>109687
ankle pick
>>
>>109687
>anything the little guy could've done to beat that guy
fight
>>
>>109687
You could commit suicide for making this thread and dooming another one
>>
>>109790
This is the thread that got bumped off. Its last post was made 27 days ago.
Hardly a loss.
>>
>>109687
No because the ancient world had already perfected MMA (Pankration).
>>
>>109687
I don't think that's an MMA practitioner. He's also an asian """male""" so it's an automatic no.
>>
>>109687
go watch the Wonderboy and Mountain grappling session
>>
>>109830
He said he's into MMA moments before being asked by the host to do this "demonstration".
https://mediasetinfinity.mediaset.it/video/avantiunaltro2022/mercoledi-3-agosto_F311898701009501
He comes in at around 32 minutes.
Whether he's been doing it for 20 years or 20 days isn't really relevant to the question.
>>
>>109882
Being "into mma" doesn't mean he does it lol. My friends are "into mma", but they don't do it they just watch it. Yes, experience is actually relevant. A pro mma fighter of the smaller man's size would destroy the big dude very easily. The size difference is not that huge, not in the ways that matter in a fight. Some short skinnyfat asian dude who watches mma doesn't qualify as the representative of all mma practitioners and that's how it's being presented as bait.
>>
>>109930
the "into" was just my phrasing. In the video he says he does MMA (I assume not at a high level).
But he also said he's a model lmao, so who knows...

The point of the question in the OP isn't to say anything about MMA and its effectiveness against brute force.
It was to know what, in the MMA fighter's arsenal, could be used to win in this situation.

The actual guy actually knowing MMA is irrelevant. Just pretend he's never heard of it and that the op asked "if this guy was an MMA master, what could he do to beat the bigger guy?"
>>
bruh that guy head really long
>>
File: call bullshit.jpg (5 KB, 209x241)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>punches are stiff, slow and awkward by anyone's standard
>is thrown off balance when the big guy clearly isn't even pushing him hard
>shows no intention of resisting the guy at all
>this is an mma practitioner
>>
>>109951
>The actual guy actually knowing MMA is irrelevant
OP said the guy is a practitioner and he clearly isn't, making his statement false; in the context of his original post, it's not an irrelevant detail at all.
>>
>>110018
Maybe it's relevant to you being butthurt about your precious MMA being misrepresented, but it's not relevant at all to the question.
Reread the post you're responding to.
>>
File: download (3).jpg (7 KB, 201x251)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>110049

>claims random untrained dude is an "MMA practioner"
>people who dispute this consider MMA precious

Are you actually retarded? Troll thread with a stupid premise.

Repost showing a situation where a trained smaller guy fourght a trained bigger guy if you are serious and not just a faggot.
>>
>>110050
>claims random untrained dude is an "MMA practioner"
It's such a small detail that was merely supposed to provide some superfluous context to the question.

Pretend it wasn't included at all and the question ("is there anything in the MMA arsenal that the smaller guy could've used to beat the bigger guy?") remains the same.
You're autistically zeroing in on such a dumb irrelevant detail and making a fuss about it when the actual point of the post isn't affected either way.

>Repost showing a situation where a trained smaller guy fourght a trained bigger guy if you are serious and not just a faggot.
But that's a different question you absolute mong.
>>
>>110052

Fine. To beat the bigger guy, the smaller guy needs to be trained in a combination of boxing-wrestling-Muay Thai-BJJ and now how to combine them. This is popularly called Mixed Martial Arts or MMA.

If they are both equally well trained, the little guy is fucked. This is why we have weight classes. Can you see now why you are blatant homosexual?
>>
>>110114
>is there anything in the MMA arsenal that the smaller guy could've used to beat the bigger guy?
>yes, MMA
Can you please stop wasting everyone's time? I'm sure you know by now that you're retarded, so why pretend to have anything worthwile to say?
>>
>>110115

Striking close the distance, fight in the pocket. Grappling wrestle to dominant position then gnp or submission. You know basic MMA faggot.
>>
>>110133
None of that is going to work at that size difference (he won't have enough power behind his striking and not enough strength to move someone that heavy), hence me making this thread.
It's almost funny how every single post you've made, without exception, has been pure retardation.
Let me guess, lifelong boxer?
>>
>>110135
Not him, but what the fuck do you mean? That’s exactly how you should fight a bigger person and yes you can pin bigger people on the ground if you have superior positioning skills. Are YOU retarded?
https://youtu.be/XlBdUr8atKY
>>
>>110143
Do you see "bigger" as an on/off switch where one's either bigger or smaller, with no regard for HOW big the difference between the two is?
Because very clearly the difference between the two in your video (where the guy who wins is visibly more fit and muscular than the bigger guy) isn't even close to the difference between the two in the OP (where the smaller guy is MUCH smaller and seemingly unfit).

Show me a video where someone with the asian guy's body takes down someone as big as the guy in front of him.
>>
>>110144
Fedor TKOs a guy with more than a hundred pounds on him
https://youtu.be/pqjy1PfGoIY
Ikuhiso minowa highlights
https://youtu.be/HI-YdicWBg4
Royce Gracie taps a sumo wrestler
https://youtu.be/lcyfMB1YKtc
Pedro sauer taps a bodybuilder
https://youtu.be/IdeNFcZE9s4
Same body builder gets beaten by a smaller martial artist again
https://youtu.be/9BW1992KMWI
Russian mma fighter fucking KILLS a national champion power lifter with his bare hands
https://youtu.be/lO5cGOmPzX8

Is that good enough for you you stupid faggot? Fuck off to whatever board you came from because you clearly don’t train.
>>
>>110147
These are all professional fighters you black/white thinking fuckhead. Some of them are elite even amongst fighters. They're all very strong and conditioned. Not even close to the example in the OP.
So again, please show me something equivalent to the tiny unfit guy being able to do anything to a dude as big as the guy in the gladiator costume.
>>
>>110150
>no bro that doesn’t count because the martial artists all exercised
You are mentally retarded. Put your help back on before your tard wrangler catches you bashing your head against the keyboard again.
>>
>>110153
Not my fault you moved the goalpost.
Read the OP. The question was from the very start "Is there anything the little guy could've done..."
I didn't ask "is there anything any guy could do to beat a bigger opponent?" I specifically wanted to know what can a weak useless-looking dude can do in this situation.
You linking me poeple who are very different in key ways that completely alter the premise of the quesiton answers nothing.
>>
>>110154
>What’s 2+2
>Don’t tell me 4! Give me a proper answer!
What answer are you even looking for here? Do you train martial arts? Do you think you can do ANY combat sport at any level without conditioning? What is the point of the question? You can’t do mma without conditioning so the premise of “what can you use from mma to beat a guy” is entirely pointless if you’re also say “but you’re not allowed to exercise” since that means you won’t be training at all.
>>
>>110156
You're so dumb it's actually cute.
I know that to be effective in martial arts you need to train your body. It's not only obvious but I myself mentioned earlier that those people in the videos you linked are able to be effective BECAUSE they're conditioned.
This is all immediately obvious.
What isn't obvious is the case where someone who ISN'T conditioned fights a much bigger/stronger guy. That's what I want to discuss.
I couldn't care less about people who are strong and git because we all already know how that goes. Of course they're able to beat the bigger guy. We've all seen it so many times.
This particular thread isn't about that (no matter how much you'd like to pretend it is to avoid admitting you've blundered).
It's about someone who's small, weak, and useless-looking finding himself against someone twice his mass. What can someone in that scenario do to have a chance of winning?

All you're doing is answering a different question with extremely obvious answers that we all agree on.

>What’s 2+2
>Don’t tell me 4! Give me a proper answer!
More like
>what's 2+2?
>why are you talking about multiplication? this question is about additon
>>
>>110160
> those people in the videos you linked are able to be effective BECAUSE they're conditioned.
Anon, you become conditioned by training martial arts. You can’t do martial arts (not real ones anyways) without being conditioned. Your question is entirely pointless and you have autism.
>>
>>110162
>doubles down
I'm not going to repeat myself. If you're unable to grasp the scenario that the quesiton is about, there's nothing I can do for you.
>>
>>110163
You are unable to grasp reality. You can’t be unconditioned and do combat sports effectively. Is that what you want to hear? If you don’t condition you lose. Training itself involves physical conditioning. If you don’t train you lose to a bigger person. Go play in traffic retard.
>>
>>110164
>You can’t be unconditioned and do combat sports effectively
That's what I fucking said.
That's what makes it so hard for the little unfit guy, which is why I made this thread.
God damn it your stupidity seems more and more implausible my the post. I'm starting to believe you're just pretending to not understand anything.
>>
>>110165
>being smaller, unfit, and untrained makes it harder to fight a larger stronger opponent
Profound stuff anon
>>
>>110166
What's obvious to normal people needs spelling out for the textbook definition of brain damage in this thread.
>>
>>110167
No it’s not, you’re a coping retard who started a stupid thread then got mad when people told you what you didn’t want to hear.
>>
>>110168
It's ok, we're not in school anymore. You can admit you didn't understand the assignment.
>>
>>110170
Do you train martial arts?
>>
>>110174
Used to do Judo before the pandemic. Not that it's of any relevance lmao. Just a pathetic attempt at discrediting me personally despite the fact that I've been showing how dumb your points have been this whole time.
Actually, let's do it another way. I have zero experience with martial arts. does it change anything I said?
>>
>>110175
>does judo
>can’t take down a bigger opponent
LOL
>>
>>110176
f I had the asian guy's body I wouldn't bet on being able to take down that guy.
>>
>>110177
>it’s muh body type
>frail Asian men can’t take down big opponents
>that’s why I suck so much
L O L
O
L

https://youtu.be/2YS-WF6nlA0
>>
>>110178
I didn't mention body type.
That guy is easily over twice his mass + is muscular and strong-looking.
I'm not saying it's not possible but it's incredibly difficult to apply the correct leverage when your opponent weighs so much that he might as well be a tree.
You're once again posting an example where the difference in size isn't even close to the example in the OP.
>>
>>110179
Cope and seethe, whitebelt
>>
>>110181
This specific flavor of stupidity you're displaying has a name. It's called appeal to authority.
Again, I'm even less than a white belt. I know nothing about martial arts. Does it make a difference if what I said had been said by someone you'd consider an expert?
>>
>>110182
It’s be even funnier if you claimed to be a judo black belt and said small people can’t takedown big people
>>
>>110183
>small people can’t takedown big people
Clearly putting words in my mouth is the only thing you can do at this point.
>>
>>110184
Say something of substance
>>
>>110186
You go first.
>>
>>110188
You haven’t trained since before the pandemic. That was two years ago. You have no reason not to be training now. You’re a faggot and retard who doesn’t train. Cope.
>>
>>110189
>You have no reason not to be training now
Typical of retards to make up assumptions and pretend they're facts.
Now, do you have anything relevant to the thread or will you just keep lashing out like a toddler?
>>
>>110191
Tell me the facts. Why aren’t you training?
>>
>>110192
I don't have to reveal anything about my life to you.
The fact that you keep pushing for this in an attempt to discredit me (so you can at least feel like you're not the only worthless retard) is very sad and transparent.
>>
>>110194
Ok, supposed judoka who doesn’t even believe in his own system despite evidence right in front of his face. I’m sure you’re not just a whitebelt who got filtered and is now seething about it.
>>
>>110195
You're just repeating yourself at this point. I'm done wasting time with you.
I'm gonna start ignoring you (or anyone else saying equally dumb shit) until you say something relevant to the thread.
Off to bed now. Goodbye.
>>
>>110197
See you tomorrow retard I’ll laugh at you then too
>>
>>110197
t. not the other guy

Little guy could beat big guy by punching him in the face, thus making his brain bounce around his skull. It is unlikely, but always possible. Actually punch him. I mean, I wouldn't expect him to actually attack the guy on some gameshow, which is exactly what we saw.

Anyways, the little asian dude is very much below standard for even the average hobbyist MMA practitioner. I sincerely doubt he trains. I wouldn't say he represents the average person who trains in MMA, doubly so if you only include people who stick around for more than 6 months. A reasonably athletic man of his size with a year or more of training would definitely defeat the big guy.

Obviously, a small, unathletic, untrained man will get destroyed by a larger, stronger, untrained man. I don't understand what statement this makes about MMA though. Of course, there is always the puncher's chance.
>>
>>110226
>punching him in the face
Would he be able to generate enough force to actually rock the big guy?
His neck muscles would obviously make it difficult, but would a perfectly placed punch to the jaw work even with the big guy's "tank" advantage?

>the little asian dude is very much below standard for even the average hobbyist MMA practitioner
Of course. Never said he's an accurate representation of what an MMA practitioner is, or that the video, which isn't a real fight as you mentioned, is an accurate representation of how an MMA practitioner would fare against someone twice their size.

>I don't understand what statement this makes about MMA though
It's not a statement about MMA (or anything else really). I'm only asking a question about what can someone who's this weak compared to his opponent do to have a chance to come out on top. That's all.
It could also be seen as a discussion about what the most effective techniques that rely on strength the least are, if you will.
>>
>>110252
>It could also be seen as a discussion about what the most effective techniques that rely on strength the least are, if you will.
the main point of all martial arts is to use your body as efficiently as possible.
>could a small guy ko a big guy
Yes? Anyone can get rocked. Hell a 13 year old child can break an adults nose if he’s accurate enough and that shit will take the fight out of a lot of people
https://youtu.be/LjX4MtOZ_Ks
>>
>>110253
>the main point of all martial arts is to use your body as efficiently as possible.
Ok, but I'm not asking about the main point of martial arts.

>could a small guy ko a big guy
Not exactly what I asked. What I want to know is "could someone as small and weak-looking as the asian ko someone as big as the guy in a gladiator costume?"
Obviously being <somewhat> smaller doesn't mean certain loss, but the smaller (and most importantly, weaker) you are, the less effective your attacks will be, so with THAT size difference I'm not betting on someone that small rocking someone that big.
In your video the small guy is just short. He doesn't look as weak as the small guy in the OP, and his opponent is mostly just taller and doesn't look as strong as the guy in the OP.

>Hell a 13 year old child can break an adults nose if he’s accurate enough and that shit will take the fight out of a lot of people
That is true. And if it doesn't end the fight it still reduces the big guy's advantage.
Is there something else he (or a 13yo) can use that's effective even with this level of weakness?
>>
>>110252

He can actually train MMA. That's it. That's thread. As people have told you repeatedly. Then there is a whole host of techniques he can use on an untrained opponent. As people have told you repeatedly. You're just fucking stupid.
>>
>>110326
>>110197

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.