[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 62 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

File: louie_barletta_02.jpg (87 KB, 509x512)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
Basic brand information for beginners: https://pastebin.com/CxdBGA6W (embed)
Shoe reviews: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnSv7MyhLozYdGM1a1FUMHNtTkRFN0xkVmt3dEZ0NHc#gid=0
Submit a shoe review: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y70Tug_iI9-dW2VqBBzsI9PCnFlw1jIOu9yTlHcc-wY/viewform

Old thread: >>100774
>>
>>101643
ah yes, size 11 shoes on a 7.5" board just like the pic. the perfect ratio.
>>
https://youtu.be/ZfmlWaI1DLs

This series is legitimately great and I'm surprised it took this long for someone to make it.
>>
going skating tomorrow bros, someone give me a new trick to try
>>
>r*dbull
>>
>>101690
nollie late flip front blunt
>>
File: ..png (8 KB, 430x400)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>101681
>>r*dbull
>>
>>101690
Gay twist
>>
Fell on my keys today :(
>>
>>101643
skated with my skatepark crush yesterday, had a blast. he has a weird bag of tricks. we are going to the movies tonight and skating together again on tuesday for go skate day :) we also want to build some diy stuff outside the city at this abandoned building spot...will post pics once we get that going
>>
>>101693
>>101694
I too would prefer a rich pro would throw some money into a documentary like this just once rather than spending their time promoting NFTs, but oh well.
>>
>>101709
Awww
Bless
>>
>>101712
what is wrong with redbull? you know the only way for your favorite skater to become "a rich pro" is from sponsorship like that? you know they're one of the only sponsors who actually gives skaters health insurance plans?
>>
>>101715
Nothing, I don't mind Redbull at all because of how much fun shit they put together. It's the other anons who don't like them, likely because they're not "core".
>>
>>101718
I don't like any of the energy drink sponsors because that shit is unhealthy as fuck and they promote it to teens and kids and shit. And I hate having to see the logo everywhere in skateboarding. If a skater has a monster energy or red bull logo somewhere on their outfit they better be real fucking good for me to stomach watching them.
>>
Fell today, sucked. Tomorrow agen
>>
>>101745
i don't feel comfortable on a board until i eat shit at least once that day.
>>
File: 1655651338919.webm (2.19 MB, 640x640)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB WEBM
>>
>>101709
>tuesday for go skate day :)

Fuck, I had forgotten about that! Finally, after five years.
>>
>>101754
how does this even happen?
>>
>>101754
Is he okay?
...just when I was thinking about starting to skate the mini at my park. hmm
>>
>>101715
Here we go...

No anon, fuck red bull. I won't engage into explaining the history of resisting monopolies or why accumulating capital in the hands of few comapnies who expand into other industries is bad for workers.
>>
>>101754
Also, the last addition to the OP pasta was the webm guide. We should bring that back.
>>
>>101731
>I don't like any of the energy drink sponsors because that shit is unhealthy as fuck and they promote it to teens and kids and shit.
Yeah, that's my biggest beef with them too. The marketing to younger people. Especially at the Olympian level.
Let's not kid ourselves, drinking a shit ton of caffeine will help you skate better ... but what an awful example to set for the younger people.
>>101754
Hall of Meat material. Damn.
>>
im returning to skating after some years. I did mtn biking for awhile and learned that all I care about is going fast and getting the most air possible. there are no skate parks around here so that basically means stairs and big drops. I Don't care about flip tricks. how do I set up a board for this. would it be the same as setting up a board for vert.
>>
>>101764
Unironically get some rollerblades
You'll go much faster on them, and clearing a gap is just as easy as jumping
Skateboards are about tricks, jumps and gaps on them are very hard
>>
>>101758
so you guys would rather skateboarders make pennies and kill themselves for your entertainment for free?
>>
>>101781
Yes, for the culture
>>
>>101731
Yeah, and you KNOW their high end skaters avoid that shit like the plague.
>>
>>101754
Jesus Christ. This is why I never skate without elbow and wrist guards.
>>
File: Elbow.jpg (20 KB, 369x326)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>101788
>elbow and wrist guards.
I don't think those would help in that situation..
>>
>>101787
I read an interview with Marc Johnson where they asked him "monster or redbull?" and his answer was coffee. Some people find him and dill insufferable but I think they're based.
>>
>>101789
They could have. There are also plenty of situations where they would.
>>
>>101781
Yeah, I would, fuck you and fuck the Nike Club
>>
>>101709
>he has a weird bag of tricks.

Like...?
>>
>>101754
Should have gone early
>>
>>101796
he does silly circus tricks he obviously learned in his garage when he was like 12 but somehow miraciously still has the muscle memory for it...like fakie lazer flips, 360 inward heelflips and kooky freestyle stuff lol
>>
>>101756
By not knowing how to fall, pads like whatever retard in here is suggesting would not have helped him at all. He tried to break his fall with his arms but neglected the fact you’re suppose to bend your arms as you’re catching yourself so shit like that doesn’t happen. He just drove his stiff arms into the concrete with 150 pounds behind them driving them down, what do you think is going to happen?
>>
>>101809
Me personally I think it's a likely he would have aimed for his pad instead of trying to catch himself. That looks like a really bad break though, like a twisting fracture or whatever.
>>
>>101810
yeah, but even when you’re skating with pads on like that you aren’t learning how to “properly” fall, if he was padless and tried to fall like he would with pads on he would still be fucked, not nearly as bad but I’d be a massive swellbow
desu the tranny is so small he should just have taken it all to the chest
>>
>>101817
Why do skaters try to fight pads so hard?
There is no world where it is safer and more responsible to not wear them
>>
>>101764
8.5" board. 149s non hollow. 54-56mm wheels with a wide riding surface. 1/8" risers since you said you're jumping stairs and you dont want to wheelbite when you land. its a heavy wide board that wont be twitchy and you can trust to just stay on top of it and ride it out at the expense of flippability you said youre not going to use. you dont want a vert board because thats a longer wheelbase and you dont what a short wheelbase board either because thats going to be too turny. and as for obstacles, wherever you live is curbs, you paint them or laquer them, then you can wax them and skate them and it takes no skill you can be doing it day one. dont do what that other guy said and buy rollerblades the whole thing with a skateboard is you can kick it away from you and run out onto your feet.
>>
>>101818
nobody is fighting against pads bro, a helmet isn’t going to save you from CTE, elbow pads aren’t going to save you from snapping your arm, and you’re being dumb if you think otherwise
>>
>>101789
They would. The elbow pads stop you from locking your arm straight, keeping them somewhat bent all of the time. So when you fall like that you'll naturally bend your arm from the impact. Same with the wrist guards; you can't lock them into a 90 degree angle so you won't be able to plant your hand down like that.

I haven't fucked my elbow up that way, but I have fractured it from doing something similar in my first few months of skating.

>hurr durr you can't fall "properly" with pads on
Of course you can, why do people think this? Trying to actively slam with all of your weight onto the hard parts of your pads still fucking hurts, so you're going to try to roll out of it as best you can. You wear them for shit like the webm above when you fall in the worst way possible.
>>
>>101799
>fakie lazer flips, 360 inward heelflips
>circus tricks

People who use the term "circus tricks" annoy me. What separates "legit" tricks from "circus" tricks?
Freestyle is excellent.
>>
>>101799
And those tricks you mentioned wouldn't even fall in that category.
>>
>>101831
>>hurr durr you can't fall "properly" with pads on
i didn't even say this, I said you're subconsciously falling differently when you're skating with pads on because you have an extra element of "protection" you normally wouldn't, so when you take them off and try to skate without them, your mind might kick back into the default state of you falling in a way where you can rely on those pads to help you out, and it might just make things worse for you.

im curious if you actually skate things that "require" padding and have tried said skating with/without padding so you can realize what i'm talking about. are you gonna knee slide out of big transition without knee pads? tell me how that one goes for you dude.
>>
>>101833
they definitely do.
>>
>>101832
>What separates "legit" tricks from "circus" tricks?
circus tricks almost never look good no matter how it's done and they lack tastefulness
>>
File: Ali-Jusovic drop-in.gif (2.51 MB, 406x306)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB GIF
>>
>>101791
Agreed. It's the same shit in every sport.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2ZLS1V3iMw
>>
>>101781
why did you start skating?
to skate or to make money?
>>
>>101844
A fakie lazerflip is a circus trick, whatever the hell a circus trick is?

>>101850
It's skateboarding
>>
im a beginner. if i switch to a more trick oriented wheel size (60mm to 54mm) will ollies stick to my feet effortlessly?
>>
>>101875
come back when you have more than 6 months of skateboarding under your belt, have watched more than 3 vids and have at least one friend who skates.
>>
>>101843
Anon, no. Obviously. You don't somehow forget that you're not wearing pads. It's SUPER present in my mind when I don't. And aside from a kneeslide (which you either replace with a runout or by going to your ass), there's no other pad way to fall. It's not like you fall out of a flatland trick and say "well, I've got my pads on, so now I'll do a WWE elbow drop and smash my arm off the ground!"

Buddy would have avoided snapping his arm if elbow and wrist guards stopped him from hyperextending and planting his hand flat on the ramp. Simple as.
>>
>>101643
I want a longboard to cruise up and down the prom like a dick, just wanna get some sun and light exercise. I'm about 6' tall, small feet, any recommendations?
>>
>>101879
Lmao you're a fag who can't fakie lazerflip so you call it "circus trick" to cope. I bet you carry your board to look cool and shit.

>come back when you have watched more than 3 skate vids

Oh shit guys look out, we got a expert over here!
>>
>>101887
Get a short board and learn to ollie.
>>
>>101889
...Why?
>>
>>101890
I think that person suggested a shortboard bc theyre explicitly made for what you asked for (easy cruising, exercise, you can still ollie on them).
It's not a bad suggestion. If you wanna carve, do slides, go fast down hills, longboards are a good match. What does the terrain look like that you wanna ride on?
>>
>>101891
Beach promenade. Pretty flat. Surface is a bit rough desu but what can you do? I want an excuse to be in the sun.
>>
>>101877
Yes. Shit I skated my wheels down to like 47mm and every trick became easier the smaller they got.
>>
>>101888
you are a fag who fakie lazerflips to cope with having a weak bag of circus tricks

>>101887
>any recommendations?
stop being gay lmao
>>101892
>I want an excuse to be in the sun.
ride a bike faggot
>>
>>101894
>ride a bike faggot
There's not a lot of good places. On the prom sucks because a bike is too fast. On the roads is horrifying here. Too chicken shit to do proper mountain biking.
>>
>>101896
>Too chicken shit to do proper mountain biking.
ur gonna break your wrist on your gay ass longboard lmao
>>
>>101892
I'd look into a nice cruiser shortboard then or, if you're married to the longboard idea, one that's on the shorter side (~33"). Big, soft wheels to help you glide right over the terrain. If you wanna carve (which you probably will once you get real comfortable pushing around) then get a board with a deep rocker and drop mounted trucks for a really comfortable ride.
Maybe something like this?
>>
>>101897
Is there a reason you seem to have come in here solely to be an obnoxious faggot?
>>
>>101893
okay im going to actually get around to swapping my bearings to the 54's then.
thanks for confirming through your experience that everything gets easier.
>>
>>101899
lmao eat my ass stumpgrinder

>>101898
stop helping the longboard faggot
>>
>>101901
Christ you're a weirdo. Imagine gatekeeping skateboarding.

>>101898
Alright nice, I'll take a look and see what I can find.
>>
File: geoffrowleydarkslide.gif (2.73 MB, 405x312)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB GIF
>>
>>101902
>skateboarding
is not what your going to be doing lmao retard, get lost faggot
>>
I have a feeling it's the same one guy every thread just being obnoxious, and that he has nothing better to do
>>
>>101910
i have a feeling someone makes a post like this every thread and its always the same faggot, get lost loser
>>
>>101910
Idk, I came to /xs/ to specifically ask about getting a board.

With longboards is there any particular shape I should look at? I'm struggling to find 33" boards, but I found a 42" Osprey.
>>
>>101913
go find the longboard thread retard, this is the skateboarding thread, nobody in here has any desire to help you be gay
>>
>>101914
People have been pretty helpful so far, it's only you having a tizzy mate.
>>
>>101915
heres a gay thread for you to bump please leave >>98548
>>
>>101914
meds. now.
>>
>>101917
>gay longboard retard does a epic 4chan clapback incorrectly
>>
my head explodes when other people enjoy things in a way i disapprove of. just thought i'd share that. and im gay btw. dunno if that matters.
>>
longboarders cant hang sorry faggot
>>
>>101921
kablammo
>>
File: DropMount.jpg (55 KB, 1024x683)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>101913
Longer boards tend to be harder to do tricks on, but more importantly are harder to do sharp turns on. They tend to be better for riders moving at high speeds who want deep slides (and who want to avoid really sharp turns which will destabilize a fast moving rider). That's why I suggested a shorter board. The one I posted was a Landyachtz. Have a look at their boards, I have one myself.
As far as shapes go, pintails are pretty standard cruising shapes. I personally think drop mounted trucks are very comfortable (those are the boards where the noses and tails are REALLY thin, so there's no way the wheels can touch the board no matter how hard you turn. see pic related.)
There are probably a lot of articles out there explaining this much more in depth. Longboard specs can get pretty specialized depending on what you like to do.
>>
>>101923
stop shitting up the thread with longboard shit its off topic
>>
>>101923
Thanks bro, I'll see what I can find.
>>
>>101925
not him but I also think you should get a shortboard. they're really fun and aren't nearly as heavy as longboards. sometimes you want to get off your board and just walk around and that shit is a pain in the ass with a big ass longboard like that.
>>
File: oceankchrome.jpg (344 KB, 1016x1368)
344 KB
344 KB JPG
>>101879
>>101888
Samefriending, I am the anon who opposes the use of the idiotic term "circus tricks" and I never reply so aggressively. Troll is at it again, trying to derail the thread per usual.
Anonette, I have nothing against you, I was only making a case on the fake divide between legitness and circus.
>>
>>101899
Honest question, are you new? The troll/asuka poster even said, when /xs/ was made, that he was still going to be here. It's just derailment efforts so we can keep fighting about stupid shit instead of posting about skateboarding.
>>
>>101910
The same person asking about longboards and "guys I am x years old, am i too old/how do I ollie?" and the anon replying with vitriol, are the same poster, welcome to 4chan.
>>
epic schizo energy holy fuck. everyone in this thread is the same person. theres only one skateboarder on 4chan and its the guy that lives in my head
>>
>>101918
may allah inflict this upon you.
>>101754
>>
someone forgot her (male) meds today
>>
>>101931
Hahaha yeah probably
>>101932
It's time for you to wake up, anon
>>
>find sick ass park
>two other skaters there
>dozens of scooter kids
>4 other kids on moutain bikes
>people sitting on obstacles
>more kids sliding down the tranny ramps
>more kids kicking balls here and there
>people just walking across the middle of the park without looking
>gang of kids start having a footrace through the ramps
>their grown adult dad follows them
>keeps challenging them to go back and forth
>does this for TWENTY MINUTES
>AND THERE ARE THREE PLAYGROUNDS AND ACRES OF GRASS AND HILLS ALL AROUND US

AAAAAAAAAAAAGH
>>
>>101930
Take a bump
>>
File: nAkqXdNo_400x400.jpg (18 KB, 400x400)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>101929
>Anonette
im the op skater bf poster and neither of those replies are me either lol, these are the only 2 replies i made
>>101799
>>101850
>I never reply so aggressively.
same but unfortunately, 4chan culture attracts lots of trolls and irate losers that are angry/defensive 24/7
>>
>>101930
I'm new. My usual boards are /g/ and /lit/.

>>101927
I get you, I just want it to be comfortable riding over slightly rough tarmac.
>>
>>101643
Rebull Solus is BACK!
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtr74uRslmI
>>
>>101643
wait wtf, so am gonna expose myself as a reddit poster here but in the last few weeks theres been this tranny spamming r/skateboarding with some street skating clips she's like an extra brolic version of arin....looks like she entered in the comp? women are literally never touching the podium again holy shit.
>>
>>101951
>https://www.reddit.com/user/yosoyricci/
lol how is this even fair
>>
>>101941
why don't you find your balls and either say something or skate through them? Even if you asked the dad politely he probably would have moved for you.
Stop being a coward and speak up
>>
so who's winning this?
>>
>>101954
Anon, when you have literally 2 dozen other individual kids fucking around the park with only two other skaters using it as intended, you're the "asshole".
>>
>>101951
lol if you care about comps you are a bigger faggot than any possible tranny
>>
got back into skating. realize that my right calve is now much bigger than my left. I hearby vow to skate switch until my calves are the same size again.
>>
>>101950
why is the timer talking so much, he's fucking annoying
>>
File: The_Left_leg_113b.png (1.03 MB, 1280x720)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
>>101962
https://teen-titans-go.fandom.com/wiki/The_Left_Leg
>>
>>101958
who cares dude? Sometimes you need to look like a prick at your park if you don’t want parents treating it like a daycare
>>
>>101941
Been there, speak up and don't back down. YOU are the skater at the skatepark.
>>
>>101948
Gay
>>
>>101948
I know, I just wanted to clarify to (You). Because that is how trolling works and that is how thrrads get derailed. Anyways, we should start pasting the webm maker tutorial in the OP. That's what I think.

And let me finish the previous argument: Rock howard used to do the Rick flip, which he showcased in Questionable, rhe first jock video. It is a fakie frontside bigheel, so it contains a fakie laser flip.
>>
Sup guys - is it normal for any of you to go to the park and land literally zero tricks? I've been skating for about 2 years now (31 years old, I'm old). But most time i go to the park I dont land shit. I can get into some grinds and can land them here and there but most of the time, I'm just trying things that I feel like I should be able to do, but just can't land em and thinking of quitting. I feel like I've gotten worse over the last year - I used to be able to kickflip 10x in a row and now I can kickflip one out of ten times. Any time off I give myself to recover (2 weeks in this case) I feel like I've set myself back a few months, and without a crew to skate with I'm basically skating alone landing no tricks - pretty frustrating. Aside from go find a crew are there any tips you guys might have?
>>
>>101970
>thinking of quitting
go with those thoughts. if you're regressing instead of progressing then its just not for you. this is fine some people are just not meant to do certain things.
>>
This thread is devolving into faggotry.

Where you going for go skate boarding day /esg/?

There’s this park in middlefield CT I’m gonna check out and try Casper stalls/flips
>>
Holy shit, when you are a cool skater women will literally just show you their bare bottoms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTKUh3IUTj8
>>
>>101972
>middlefield CT
Edgewood? that park is sick. have fun. it's going to rain over here but my local is doing an event supposedly. it will probably get pushed to a different day. sooo no real plans besides that, there is this park ive been wanting to make a trip out too in new hampshire. but with gas prices so insane....not sure man.
>>
>>101971
that wasn't the question but okay thanks for your useless opinion
>>
>>101970
do you actually stretch and warm up. you going to have to now that you are old.
>>
>>101977
ya of course. can't skate at all without stretching for like 10 mins and then warm up for 20.
>>
>>101832
Anything more technical than a 360 flip is a circus trick

>>101850
>they lack tastefulness
Kek you fag

>>101887
I agree with this guy >>101889. You should get an old school skateboard with wide trucks and soft wheels. You will still be able to carve good on the beach promenade but you will also be able to do ollies and other old school tricks that are super fun to try. If you get a longboard you're just limiting yourself to carving. Don't tell me you don't watch this and think it looks fun as fuck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvJPbHGXRyU&t=49s

>>101970
Maybe you're trying shit that is just above your skill level. Gotta scale it back down to the basics mayn
>>
I know it's weird but I actually enjoy street skating more on like old school boards than i do on normal boards. I think it makes me take it less seriously and I just have fun. I'm thinking of getting this and turning it into a sweet old school street cruiser

https://shop.ccs.com/collections/skateboard-deck/products/santa-cruz-knox-punk-reissue-skateboard-deck-9-89
>>
File: red.gif (494 KB, 498x498)
494 KB
494 KB GIF
>>101951
Sean Sheffey???
>>
>>101972
Gonna chill at the local and grill some burgers maybe try and get the line I want
>>
>>101970
>Any time off I give myself to recover (2 weeks in this case) I feel like I've set myself back a few months
You've got to skate everyday to really see any progress with it. If you can't even do tricks, then I'm not sure how you justify 2 weeks of recovery. I'm 31 as well and if I skate for 6 hours, I'll absolutely need 48 hours to recover, but that's it. Never 2 weeks. I'd suggest you try putting in at least a 20 minute session in a day and just stick with shuvits and 180s for a while or something. Start slow but consistent.
>Aside from go find a crew are there any tips you guys might have?
I skate to new albums I want to check out. Ensures I have a 40+ minute session, and it's really the only free time I have to listen to music. I don't feel too bummed out if I have a shitty session either, sometimes the music is that good.
>>101972
I'll be at my local that no one ever goes to. Maybe I'll see some new people, but with this heatwave I doubt it.
>>
>>101986
I mean i can definitely do tricks - i can 180 both ways, kickflip, heelflip, hardflip and sometimes 360 flip. it's more of a regression/consistency thing with me. like losing noseslides on ledges for example today - kept sticking like my weight was too far forward. or a standard boardslide on a decently high circular rail today - was off as hell. 2 weeks off because it rained every day one week and the week after i got covid unfortunately. I try to throw a flip trick over a small kicker or on a hip or something and get close but never get them.
>>
>>101980
>Kek you fag
circus tricks? do you do this?
>>
>>101643
wow didn't know vert could be fun to watch
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1umWVDVwy0
>>
>>101988
its the covid then. it will take like 1-2 months to get that last %10 back to normal. thats how it was for me. dont give up, just take it slow.
>>
File: IMG_9421.png (3.63 MB, 1125x2436)
3.63 MB
3.63 MB PNG
>>101951
>>101952
It's basically a major fuck you to Taylor Silverman. Based Redbull.
>>
>>101994
this dude tried to enter the Olympics women’s street contest and got denied because he had too much testosterone in his body despite being on hormones lmao, imagine how hard he was seething about that kind of ownage
>>
I moved to a rural area and there isn't shit out here to skate but hills, swooping hills everywhere, I've been bombing them on my park board but getting wicked wheel bite and kinda wanna upgrade my hardware, what kinda setup would you guys suggest? I've been thinking of getting a real wide shaped board and just fitting it with huge wheels, a downhill board with some skid gloves also doesn't seem like a bad idea
All I've been trying to do basically is carve, slide, sometimes I work up the nerve when I'm going real fast to ollie which is almost too much adrenaline, makes me feel incredible
>>
>>101997
this is so obviously a grift. dude is clearly trying to dominate women's skating as an in into the industry because he's not good enough for the mens division. thats why he's constantly shilling his clips all over reddit. it's pathetic how in the face they are with this shit. fuckers don't even try to pass as a woman as they don't actually care about womanhood in the slightest. they just throw on a skirt and spaghetti strap tank top, while still being built like a damn line backer. it's all just a cheat code for instant attention. look how massive he is compared to actual women.
>>
so on the weekend my gf and i went to the skatepark. she's just learning to skate, like just learning to roll up and down ramps and shit. we get there early and there's no one else around except some full padded boomer who is barely better than my gf. i start skating the bowl and he immediately comes over and starts having a conversation with me. he's telling me how he just got back from columbia and he got a skate lesson down there or something. nice guy but i'm trying to skate and i eventually just have to like walk over to the bowl and drop in while he's still talking to me because he won't shut up.

so i'm warming up just carving around the bowl a bit and my gf is like 50ft away just practicing like going 2ft up a bank and then rolling down fakie. it looks like she's having fun to me so i just let her be. i think skateboarding is a personal thing and it's something you should largely just work out by yourself instead of someone giving you constant tips and my wife hates it when i tell her how to do things so i just let her be.

some of my other local buddies show up and we get a little bowl session going and this guy is still kinda just hanging around trying to talk to all of us. he's telling a friend of mine who is like the same age as me how he fucked every girl in the town and now he has to go down to columbia to find new girls to fuck. i'm not a sjw by any means but i think that kind of wannabe manly bravado is lame as fuck so i just write the guy off at this point and start kinda ignoring him. also one of those guys who has an opinion on everything despite knowing nothing about the subject. typical like 50 year old bachelor.
>>
>>102001
we've been skating for like 45 mins at this point and i've just been randomly checking in on my gf just to see how she is and i go over there again and she's like 'i'm gonna roll down this ramp' and i'm like hell yeah go for it and she does it and makes it and comes back super stoked and i give her a little kiss and then i start kinda skating the ramp with her and i'm doing simple little tricks while she is just rolling up and down it.

so i roll away for like 20 seconds and that dude come up to her and he starts telling her how to skate. keep in mind this guy can't even drop in to a 3ft quarterpipe. i'm not a jealous guy so i don't care if some dude talks to my gf but he's telling her some gay shit like going up the ramp, turning 90 degrees then tapping your front trucks like 3 times then rolling back down. idk what that shit is meant to do but it looked kooky as hell. this keeps going on for like 15 mins and i'm just kinda skating the bowl but watching from a distance. i go over there and i raise my eyebrows at my gf and she raises them back at me and i get the impression that she thinks this guy is a kook but can't get away from him. so i skate up to him and i'm like 'dude, just let her skate. she doesn't need to be learning that gay tapping shit' and he's all like 'b-b-but she's enjoying it!' and them my gf comes up to me hella mad and she's like 'how could you be so mean to that guy, he was just being nice' and i'm like 'nah babe that guy was a kook' and she just like flips out and leaves.
>>
>>102002
then it was hella awkward at the park because she just like drove off in her car and left me there looking like a retard because i got the wrong impression from her and the guy is still skating around looking like a muppet. he eventually just like skates off too, down the street in full pads and helmet. my gf comes back like 30 mins later and apologizes for flipping out and i'm like 'yeah babe i though you were in a lame situation so i just tried to get you out of it' and she's like 'well no he was just being nice but i'm sorry for flipping out without realising you were trying to help'

fucking women and boomer kooks man. don't know if it should be legal for people that old to start skating.
bringing my gf into my skate world may have been a bad idea too.

feel kinda bad for the dude though. i hope i don't see him again, it'll be pretty awkward.
>>
>>102001
>>102002
>>102003
kek your gf seems nice, women pity those kinds of guys when they are so clearly out of touch. to her it probably felt like you were yelling at a special needs kid when you told him off. boomers are like dumb children that don't know any better.
>>
>>102000
>fuckers don't even try to pass as a woman as they don't actually care about womanhood in the slightest
this is like the most offensive thing about them these days, they put in zero effort into actually trying to pass. people like Margie look so comical i can't even fathom the idea if people calling them actual women. If I was a girl in the industry, i'd honestly feel very disrespected that girls in skating have had kind of a tough time trying to break in and become marketable, but out of the blue a fat dude with long hair claiming to be trans can just shove his foot in and get all these sponsors/attention/praise. I really doubt this dude is on hormones at all, someone in here with the sean sheffey comment was pretty spot on, this dude looks like football player. I wonder if women will get fed up with this and skate contests will do what the swimming world is doing right now and banning trannies from entering womens comps. it's funny when it was blowing up a few weeks ago, people would say you're just transphobic if you didn't want men in your womens contests, but now Olympic swimmers themselves are coming out and saying they made the right choice.
>>
>>101972
First stop: local gas station to beg for beer money. (No job.)
Second stop: Shitty, small local skate park.
Absolutely planning to stop at some smoothish lots along the way to skate a bit. There is a fat uphill part to my path that is going to be awful in this 100° weather, but I think I can manage. The sidewalks have a fair amount of weeds, too, but I don't expect the passing drivers of cars to care.
>>
>>101971
Not that anon, but my balance got worse as I started to skateboard. I think commitment came into play, but it is ridiculous; being afraid of a manual which is longer than two seconds.
>>
>>102009
>First stop: local gas station to beg for beer money. (No job.)
Get a job fucker
>>
>>102010
What is more dangerous about a 3 second manual than a 2 second manual?
>>
>>102011
Read a bible, heathen.

>>102013
I don't know. I can't do a 3 second manual.
>>
>>102000
I had to investigate this shit myself.
>https://www.redbull.com/us-en/events/red-bull-solus/red-bull-solus-women-video-entries#6-ricci-tres
This dude is pulling some psyops level shit and nerfing his abilities. Some shit he just can't hide, like he can't help but skate like a man. Notice how quickly he absorbs impact and recovers, can't fake that shit. The other girls have to push at least 3 times after a solid make just to regain momentum, takes this dude just one casual push. Speaking of casual, the trick selection was obviously basic except for the back lip. I think this was all by design. If you check his IG he has no problem throwing down shit, so why is he doing lipslides and 50-50s? My guess is he's not trying to win, because that'd be too easy and of course cause quite the controversy. He's trying to hide his skill level and just be involved for the representation.
>>
>>101972
there's an event at out local meetup spot so I'll go get drunk at that
>>
>>102019
>He's trying to hide his skill level and just be involved for the representation
honestly think this is the case because they're actually killing it in those reddit posts someone mentioned earlier. would be funny to sandbag your skill level so you get all this spotlight and invited to womens contests only to take the mask off and totally annihilate the womens comps in ways they couldn't imagine.
>>
>>101988
>covid
>>
>>101965
Wasn't my park. Was literally just there for a few hours on a work trip. I have no problem telling people off at my local.
>>
>>102003
I have been in situations like that, but I would definitely handle it differently now. Why would you say something like "gay shit"? And people can do whatever they want.
>>
>>102001
>my gf
>my wife
which one is it, anon? Also, that boomer was harmless and you're a cunt for acting like that. Your wife/gf sounds like she's too good for you. Hopefully she's your gf so leaving you will be easier.
>>
>>102028
Yeah, lol. Nobody cares about your stupid pet crow. But, y'know, it sure does seem like everyone but me has got one.
>>
>>102033
I like the part where they complain about the existence of women. That part really makes me confident in our overall success as a race.
>>
>>102019
>This dude is pulling some psyops level shit and nerfing his abilities. Some shit he just can't hide, like he can't help but skate like a man.
oh absolutely, look how fucking ripped he is
>If you check his IG he has no problem throwing down shit
this is the clip that exposes him
>https://www.instagram.com/p/CdbLzF2pwln/
you can tell he's trying to downplay his power level even on ig. i don't think he's going to go mask off unless theres money involved.
>>
>>101643
Want to get into skating (UK here).

two questions I'm 28 am I too old? Also I feel cringe as fuck hitting the park and just pushing around.. Where can I pracrtice?
>>
>>102050
I am still learning at 28 so not too old. I went to a bank parking lot after hours because there is not a lot of traffic and some low manual pads that helped build my ollie confidence and gave me some fun things to mess around on as i learned.
>>
i fucking hate "durrrr is X age too old?" posts in any scene. i get that it's a meme but even memeing about it is annoying.

unironically YOLO. you do or you dont. so what, if someone says you're too old you're actually not going to go through with learning? if you are so weak willed you probably couldnt learn whatever you want to learn even if you tried.
>>
>>102059
why, your never too old/fat to skate was in the OPs forever and people who ask get called retards
>>
File: i3510g.webm (968 KB, 404x720)
968 KB
968 KB WEBM
>>102050
I'm 37 and even though i have prior skateboarding experience , transition skating is fairly new to me and I'm still learning new tricks... Like this boardslide on this little thing
>>
>>102071
Nice, those are trickier than they look.
>>
>>102071
It'll be much easier for you to pull off if you simply go faster
>>
>>102071
>rails
you didn’t boardslide
>>
>>102061
speaking of fat

https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&search_query=joey+walder
>>
>>102050
I started at 29, 30 now, at it a year and a bit. Practice pushing in a carpark or a quiet street somewhere. Don't bother going to a park (unless it's really big and has a flatland area) if you can't at least push and stop with ease, otherwise you're going to be A) a risk to yourself and others or B) too intimidated to take your turns.
>>
>>102071
Nice. Boardslides are fucking hard. The fact you can't lock into them makes them super difficult to balance for any period of time. I think they're a seriously deceptive trick that have a reputation for being "basic", but are anything but.
>>
File: 5050.webm (568 KB, 1280x720)
568 KB
568 KB WEBM
>>
Any opposition to this? Not interested in tricks. Just want to be in the sun.
>>
>>102071
Every time i see your videos it reminds me that skateboarding is not a viable way to lose weight
>>
>>102122
I lost 5kg, you're talking shite.
>>
>>102071
you should try it on the spine at MK :^)
>>
>>102121
stop not listening to us and get a short board. all of the fun of a longboard without looking like that guy, easier to carry, can also learn how to branch out and ollie if you want, can turn/carve a lot better
>>
>>102121
Alternatively (but slightly longer)...
>>
>>102127
So 36" isn't short enough?

All of the short boards seem to range from 'childrens plywood' to 'pay out the ass for an over expensive board'. Not much in the middle.
>>
File: 3bt2b6.webm (2.27 MB, 500x500)
2.27 MB
2.27 MB WEBM
>>102122
lol i only skate on weekends mainly. Although i started working on losing weight about 2 weeks ago and i'm down 8lbs. I had a moment of clarity when my stomach was clapping while i was doing it with my wife and realized that the clapping sound didn't come from my dick thrusts but from my stomach slapping her.
>>
>>102127
That? 27" seems short.
>>
>>102132
I guess. the average skateboard is 32" and when I think of shortboard, I think about 28" and under.

>All of the short boards seem to range from 'childrens plywood' to 'pay out the ass for an over expensive board'. Not much in the middle.

I have no experience with the stuff you are posting but the lesser the price the lower the quality. i'd be skeptical about getting a longboard that cheap because the quality of the wheels/trucks/bearings are probably not up to par, and while you think it might not effect you in any way since you just want to cruise, I can guarantee shitty trucks that make it harder to turn, shitty wheels that flake apart or have issues rolling over certain things, and bad bearings that make you go slow will sap a lot of the fun out of riding around in the first place. thats why I just keep telling you to get something from an actual skate company, because the quality of the product will make a big difference in how much fun you are having. if you're trying to be cheap, this honestly isn't the hobby for you, and im pretty sure actual longboard parts are even more expensive over your standard skateboard setup. you can get a shaped board + standard trucks with wheels that are wide, big, and soft enough that no kinds of cracks/pavement/cobblestone will be an issue for you, and get some quality bearings so you'll always keep your speed for the price of a normal complete that your average skater would spend.

but you already seem so set on what you want so just do whatever. if that looks cool to you, pick it up. I would 100 percent be extremely paranoid about something in that price range and would imagine my trucks could snap at any moment, and going fast and having that happen would probably put me off of skating forever.

>>102135
this is more in line with what I had in mind desu. hang on, i'll post something in the next post
>>
>>102137
It's cool man, I'm between jobs at the moment so I don't wanna sink a ton into this. I don't mind investing more later on, but I need an entry point at the moment.
>>
File: blahblah.png (256 KB, 1010x583)
256 KB
256 KB PNG
>>102139
here's a pic of what I mean. this is $200 US but considering these are actual skate parts, it's not that bad of a price. the board you posted thats a big on the shorter side looks pretty solid in terms of shape, but again, you (or me) have no idea about the quality of the parts, and since it's so cheap, I'm just going to assume they are kind of mediocre. yeah, if you just wanna dip your toes in and see if you even like it in the first place, I'd say this isn't a bad place to start. if you want to spend a bit more but don't want to pay $200 like in the pic, i'd honestly suggest looking into penny boards. they are really fun and have soft enough wheels/good enough bearings that speed or rough terrain isn't going to be an issue, and they're both short and light enough that you can get some carving in without feeling like you're riding a huge plank.
>>
File: pennyboard.png (391 KB, 659x629)
391 KB
391 KB PNG
>>102139
and of course i forgot my link
https://www.pennyskateboards.com/collections/27-skateboards
>>
File: bugswf.png (26 KB, 115x189)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>102133
>realized that the clapping sound didn't come from my dick thrusts but from my stomach slapping her.
>>
i love parking garages with elevators. its like having a ski lift.
>>
>>102141
>>102142
Ordered a Penny 27" cruiser.

Thanks for the advice man. I start my new job in July, I just wanna be getting outside through the summer, and I'm kind of bored of walks. If it's fun, I'll lay some more cash down on the sport.
>>
>>102146
glad I could help dude. I've got a penny board when im feeling lazy and just want to cruise around without any effort and they're really fun. hope you enjoy it, and if you don't feel free to come back here and start bitching at me. they're pretty speedy as well so don't get thrown off to hard!
>>
>>102147
I gotta re-learn how to skate full stop desu. I dicked around with a regular board as a kid, but tricks aren't my thing. As said I just want something for a bit of an excuse to catch some sun.
>>
>>102147
>>102149
This btw.
>>
>>102149
its kind of a process but you gotta start somewhere. just getting your balance on this thing might feel weird at first but it'll come back pretty quick as long as you knew how to ride a board before.
>>
>>102008
>people like Margie look so comical i can't even fathom the idea if people calling them actual women.

Marbie unironically looks like 75% of the girls I went to school with. No, it's not a compliment.
>>
>>102152
Yeah, it helps I've been dicking around with stuff like this, bikes, rollerblades etc. since I was a kid. I should probably grab some pads to start even though I'll look like a cock.
>>
>>102147
>they're pretty speedy as well so don't get thrown off to hard!
Yeahhh I dusted off my penny board recently too (almost 34" long) and... damn hills are scary on that thing without griptape. I have to drive the board in the ground so hard to carve. Slides out of the question
>>
>>102154
>I should probably grab some pads to start even though I'll look like a cock.
NTA but don't listen to people who tell you pads look silly. Skaters not embracing pads/helmets is probably one of the lamest things about the entire sport. Practically every other action sport, people wear all the necessary pads to cover their bases. Skaters are so obsessed with steeze they'll take 10+ mph smacks to the dome and still never learn their lesson.
>>
>>102153
midwestern or britbong?
>>
>>102155
I did a little customization on my penny for the exact reason you listed. they're so fast that if you're taking them down hills it's actually kind of scary compared to a normal board, so I threw some griptape on it and swapped out the default wheels for some soft enough F4s that can handle cracks but still power slide when I need to, and kept the bearings from the older wheels because they kicked ass. a really fun setup I use for liquor store runs or when I'm just skating to my friends house to chill out for the day.
>>
>>102156
Only thing I don't like about helmets is they get hot desu.

>>102159
Damn. Guess I'm gonna have to learn how to pump it right?
>>
>>102159
>threw some griptape on it
Does it fit ok on the weird wafflecone top that penny boards have?
>>
>>102162
you can still see the waffle pattern on the board but it isn't enough of a big deal to throw me off. I basically threw it onto their so i can have slightly more control when im hauling ass and trying to do ollies up/down curbs on this thing, because it can get very squirrely.

>>102160
nah you'll be fine starting off IMO. just any questions you have when you actually get the board, feel free to ask and don't let the shitposters get to you. I like offering advice to anyone in here
>>
>>102165
Thanks bro, I have like 3 miles of prom outside. I usually walk up and down listening to music, but I wanted something a bit more active to do.

Speaking of, that's a legit question - what do you do about music? Can't say I'm keen to take my phone with me if I'm likely to fall off the thing. Don't wanna smash it.
>>
>>102158
prob just an art school major kek
>>
>>102166
I've been skating for years and never found a comfortable way to listen to music while skating, earbuds just fall out if you do any jumps, even really tight headphones will fall off, wires get caught on your own arms really often. If you're just cruising around on flat ground and not doing ollies though then none of those things will happen to you... prolly.
>>
>>102172
That's a shame, if I have any luck I'll report back.
>>
>>102071
Hell yeah boomer bro, get sum.

>>102117
That's a big drop man, fuck

>>102121
Yes i have lots of opposition to this gay longboard. Get this one >>102127

>>102156
Wearing kneepads when skating tranny changed my life desu
>>
Go skate day today but i just worked like 12 hours and i'm toast and i don't know if i'll be able to get the energy to roll around today bros
>>
Post your cruiser set ups bros

This is what i'm thinking for this summer

>Deck
https://shop.ccs.com/collections/skateboard-deck/products/real-tommy-knees-skateboard-deck-pink-9-20

>Trucks
https://shop.ccs.com/collections/independent-skateboard-trucks/products/independent-stage-11-polished-standard-skateboard-trucks-silver (169mm)

>Wheels
https://shop.ccs.com/collections/skateboard-wheels/products/oj-mini-super-juice-78a-skateboard-wheels-green-55mm
>>
>>102166
if you're worried about smashing your phone I one hundred percent recommend getting something like this. I guess this one is on the more expensive side, but I just got myself a little MP3 player like this that supports both blutooth and has SD card ports so you'll basically never run out of space. they're so tiny that you can hardly feel them in your pocket, even if you didn't want to put it *in* your pocket they can just clip onto your shirt/pants or whatever you find comfortable, the battery life is good enough for long sessions and they're basically indestructible. basic USB plug in too so you don't have to download any external program like iTunes to transfer music on it. they're great

>>102172
>wires get caught on your own arms really often
damn, you've been skating for all this time and didn't realize the move is to run your headphone cord underneath your shirt so it doesn't get caught up on anything? sad! never had problems with earbuds falling out of my ears but I always make sure when I go get earbuds to skate with, they have little "straps" that run across the top that can form to my ear and they always stay in place. i've basically has the opposite of your experiences and now i find it hard to skate without music
>>
>>102186
Just go bro, she'll be right.
>>
fuck the berrics
>>
>recently moved to a bigger city
>went to the opening of the city’s new skatepark today
>giant crowd of people, everyone rips
I was too embarrassed to try anything brahs. Gotta put the time in.
>>
Went skating at the park. Two dudes were there. One started last Fall and was complaining about the heat and not being able to make it up a quarter pipe from one on the other side of the park. The other was switching between a board and a scooter, but was kind of just lazing around. I just practiced riding switch about the perimeter. I got asked if I'd ever dropped in and I had to say no. :( I was going to try it while they were there, but I am glad I didn't, because I lined my board up with the sides of the ramps when they left and got my feet on my board and suddenly realized half of my body was very much not as ready as my head thought it was. Not wearing my gear had something to do with it, but it was so hot and complications led to me not going back home to retrieve it. The guy that started last Fall could nollie. That was cool to see in person for the first time. I told them about how it is fun for me to hear the sound of skateboard tricks; I liken them to the sound of failing to put a VCR tape into a player.
>>
>>102160
Helmets don't get as hot as I would have imagined. I've got long hair, too. I'm used to wearing beanies in the summer, though. That probably has a lot to do with it.
>>
Just gotta commit and I have heel flips on lock. Hope my old skater bro gets back into this and teaches me tres next.

I hate learning kickflips/heelflips desu. My knee feels so cooked after todays session
>>
>>101913
Trading grip tape for brand name placement is nasty. Why would you want to support this? Furthermore, the other guys are kind of right about this not being the best thread for advice on longboarding stuff.
>>
>>101962
That is primarily why I focus on switch more than learning to ollie, four months in. That and I'm IT and my parents don't feed me enough for me to maintain enough leg muscles to jump more than two inches.
>>
>>102202
Dropping in is way easier than it looks bro
>>
>>102158
Ireland. There were 3 or 4 legitimately attractive girls in my year. The rest were hamplanets. One who fancied me was the kind of fat where she was long and mostly stomach without the big boobs to go with it. She lived on her family farm so she smelled like shit some days, was generally mean, and there were legit rumours that her giant, retard strong brother fucked their cat once (but beyond that was actually cool).
>>
>>102218
I know. That's what I'd been telling myself. But those angles are just so weird without coping. (Hahaha very funny) You really do have to go all in without holding anything back. All I could focus on in my mind when I was up there was that I wasn't wearing a helmet and that the edges of the quarter-pipe looked perfect for separating the nerves from my spinal chord.
>>
>>102235
When the fear creeps in I just remind myself that most falls won’t actually hurt me. Once it gets in your mind to just “push the nose down” height of the ramp becomes a non factor.

If you’re scared it’s okay to wear pads bro. I know skaters who absolutely rip who will stop to put on a helmet and pads when they do vert.

End of the day, you gotta just throw yourself down it and hope for the best. Once u take that slam it will help break that mental struggle and there’s always a good chance you’ll just roll away.
>>
Not promising I'll actually do it, but I'd love to make one of those "Types of Skater" collections. Just the various kinds of people you see at skateparks.

Hesher
>beer constantly glued to their hand
>fucking rips in the bowl
>inverts, fast as fuck slides, burly airs
>if not shirtless, always wears black t-shirts and cargo or jean shorts
>NEVER wears pads. Elbows and knees are crusty
>the skater most likely to get totally smoked and get a life altering injury

Child Wunderkind
>skates a board that's far too large for them
>helicopter parent always nearby, usually pushing them on so they can start winning contests
>mostly made of pads
>little legs can't do street tricks very well, will just sorta drop down from ledges
>either struggles to get to the top of the ramp or fucking rockets into space. No in-between
>mostly does varieties of early grabs and drops in off the biggest shit
>makes you feel inadequate despite being younger than your trucks

OG Old Man
>totally grey long hair, skinny, lean
>still dresses like it's the 80s; neon coloured pads, Vans, long socks, shades
>board is fucking huge; 9" Bones Brigade deck with monster truck wheels (most likely green)
>only skates the bowl, at high speeds, carving every conceivable line like it's nothing
>at the park before you're even awake

Mid Life Crisis Boomer
>greying normie hair, overweight, dad bod
>just getting (back) into skating
>Andy Anderson deck
>terrible balance, no power yet
>spends most of the sesh stretching due to achey muscles
>low confidence but all positivity if you talk to them
>will eat total shit on a stationary pop shuv, drags themselves home right after
>only wears skate branded clothes. Probably has at least 3 complete set ups already
>is keeping your local skateshop afloat
>will talk for days about skaters from the 90s that zoomers have never heard of
>will eventually graduate to OG Old Man status to save his joints the pain of street skating

Add to it.
>>
>>102251
>>102235
For me it's about just being mindless or fearless for the 1 second it takes to reach the flat bottom. Even less so if I can take the time to pump up the ramp fakie to get a feel for the transition. So long as I can avoid hesitating on the actual moment where you go from stalling on the coping to getting the front wheels onto the ramp, the rest is just a matter of holding on.

Normally I'll put the front wheels down and just run out when I'm scared.
>>
>>102185
>>102208
It's alright bros, I went for the penny board. If I love it, I'll get something a bit more extravagant. It should arrive tomorrow.

>>102260
>Mid Life Crisis Boomer
Is this me? I feel attacked.
>>
File: impossible_gif.gif (992 KB, 366x206)
992 KB
992 KB GIF
how the fuck do i have my back foot stick to the board in impossibles

i can literally make the board do an almost vertical impossible but i cant keep my back foot stuck to the board, its always WAY too far away and ends up being a 360 pop shuvit. how the hell do you fix this?
>>
>>102251
Roll away! *music slowly fades out*
Jerry Garcia proceeds to morph into George Lucas, who then tells us the story of the skateboarding gnargnar creatures of the yinglenog planet.
>>
>>102260
Nice! Reminds me of the almost decade old Jenkem article, some stuff never changes:
https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2013/05/06/7-people-you-will-encounter-at-any-skatepark/

Shirtless AirPods bro
>Skateboarding is pure exercise
>Longboarding experience
>Very active on social media
>Call of Duty, FIFA 2022, NBA 2K
>Loves the beach

After work 25 - 40 year old
>Wants to feel alive again
>Stopped skating years ago because of job/girlfriend/society
>Remember the Tony Hawk/EA Skate soundtrack?
>Lives only in the past or watches clickbait :O youtubers
>Wife is angry when he gets injured
>Only wears skate branded clothes
>Always in pain

Homie girlfriend
>Is only at the park because of her boyfriend
>Tries kickflips everyday but never lands it
>Thrasher, Vans, RipNDip
>Checks smartphone all the time

Mystery guy
>Random spawn
>Nobody knows his name
>Complete from the local supermarket
>Mongo pusher
>>
>>102207
I hear you. Get warmed up first and try flip tricks after around 20 minutes
https://youtu.be/YdGhaJv0IRY?t=111
>>
>>102279
>After work 25 - 40 year old
>Always in pain
Only these two apply to me, but they hit hard. I have 'skateware' for skating and then non-skate-brand clothes otherwise, but because of working from home from the pandemic, I mostly just have skate clothes now cause I do fuck all else outside.
>>
>>102287
What utility separates a skate shirt, skate socks, skate earrings, and skate boxer briefs from regular ones? Are they made out of hemp or something? How do you stick hemp earrings through your earholes? The chafing has got to be unpleasant.
>>
>>102287
Don't get me wrong, I like my local nostalgia dudes and you also skate so it's cool. It's just funny seeing them in their full 90s skateboarding uniform every week.
>>
>>102260
>>makes you feel inadequate despite being younger than your trucks
lmfao, one of the parks i used to go to actually had a loop-de-loop, and it was in the middle of a fucking huge bowl, and the only people i ever saw touching that gnarly bowl were very young children
>>
>>102275
>scoop and follow through with it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV3t-uZhN_Y
>>
File: the-face-of-esg.jpg (137 KB, 759x823)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
This seems pretty accurate.
>>
File: 1653790863990.jpg (209 KB, 892x590)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>102260
>>102279
>>
>go to highschool
>get alienated for playing video games, saying faggot, and not riding a skateboard
>go to college
>get alienated for riding a skateboard, not saying faggot, and not playing video games
W-Which one is it? I just can't win!
>>
>>102306
Left-to-right: Steven Colbert, Shaved LinusTechTips Linus, Giga White Male, and Marbie?
>>
>>102305
Me in the bottom right
>>
>>102311
right is a shitty tony soprano when he yells at carmela to shut the door
>>
my freinds. i just got promoted to shop manager which means i will have a massive air conditioned warehouse to skate in after I send all the regular workers home. there is no surveillance, and massive piles of scrap wood and metal and access to every woodworking and metal working tool imaginable to build whatever I want. gonna pull some "late nights at the office".
>>
I went through storage and found an old pintail pennyboard, which is all well and good, but the deck is literally convex. Not foot pockets or anything but as in its bow shaped and the center is the highest point.
What is the point of a shape like this? It seems harder to ride in every way
>>
I found some pretty sick drainage banks i've seen in local videos but my skating buddy is scared to go because he think there might be hobos there.
Should i risk going by myself ? what if there are hobos there?
>>
>>102336
>>102338
>>102340
Didn't expect bots to come to these threads.
>>
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 225x225)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>102330
COULD YOU PLEASE STOP SITTING ON THE LEDGEEEE
>>
>>102342
>>102340
hey im real
>>
>>102342
no u *beep boop
>>
>>102340
>what if there are hobos there?
Take a shiv and shout loudly to assert yourself
>>
>>102342
... What? I'm >>102338 and I am a human bean
I just genuinely don't understand the point of a convex deck
>>
>>102352
gives you a gentler turn response and an angle to lock into when turning if the board is too narrow for a concave your foot could actually fit into. probably more stable on such a small board.
>>
>>102272
>Is this me?
It's me too. Only I have two completes.

>>102294
Literally nothing. I just like the logos. I wish my Bones Brigade shirt wasn't fucking fading though. The quality of the cotton is great.
>>
>>102353
>gives you a gentler turn response
that makes sense i suppose. this board is wide though, and long enough to be in longboard territory. rkp trucks and the whole deal. i took it out for a spin and did some ok slides on it but ill probably just sell it to someone looking for a cruiser, its hellacious trying to balance on it.
>>
>>102356
oh when you said penny board i imagined the very small ones. if its a large pintail board the convex surface allowes your front foot to pivot in the center of the board and your rear foot to rock from side to side. It makes carving very satisfying. i had a landyahtz one like that.
>>
>>102260
Dude Weed Bro
>late teens, always has his hood up
>rides around for maybe 5 minutes, lands nothing
>smokes the shittiest joints you've ever seen
>bums tobacco and lighters off everyone
>will inevitably drop his half rolled joint
>is probably, somehow, the least chill person at the park
>was good once but fucking stinks now, yet keeps an air of superiority to everyone else

Christ Air
>evolved, adult form of Dude Weed Bro who has found either Jesus or L Ron Hubbard
>is actually genuinely good with a solid trick bag, but doesn't push themselves past that comfort zone
>always wears a white shirt, maybe a cross
>clean clothes clash with their old shitty tattoos and bad drug scarred skin
>normally doesn't talk about religion until your guard is down
>talks about their religious experiences with the same astonished incoherence as someone whose taken acid for the first time

Staring Scooter Kid
>exactly 11 years old
>will not just snake you, but also stare at you when you tell them to wait their turn before just going for it anyway
>seems like they don't speak English, until you finally overhear them talk to someone else
>is less of an obstacle than a Scooter Toddler, but is more aggravating because they should know better
>just get a skateboard already you little bastard

Street Rats
>genuinely trendy and up to date with fashion
>usually in their 20s and living like college-less college students
>pretty stinky people, somehow always covered in dirt even though the spots aren't that dirty
>board is as worn and crusty as them
>probably in a cast of some description
>literally zero other skills outside of skating
>are more concerned with spots than tech
>>
>>102336
You will have to think more at work now, can you handle it?
>>
>>102359
Girl Skater™
>not to be confused with any of the above, which also come in girl variety
>has only been skating for a year, max, more likely 3 to 5 months
>knows literally nothing about skate history or culture. Favourite skaters 100% include Leticia Bufoni, MAYBE Lizzie Armanto, has never heard of a single female skater that came before them
>posts on Instagram excessively no matter what the footage consists of
>is a member of at least 2 No Boys Allowed skate clubs
>is somehow on flow or constantly bagging free stuff, particularly Nike SB or the other big money "sports" brands

The Actual Girl Skater
>largely fits the above titles, most often Skate Rat or Child Wunderkind
>is an actual tomboy, possibly gay. Actually just looks like a dude
>flips from being "one of the guys" to "OMG PLZ BE MY SK8 GF" the second someone realises they have a vagina, makes everything tense
>keeps pace with her bros, is probably better than half of them, but is always in the Girl Zone
>is also into surfing for some reason

The Walking Encyclopaedia
>knows fucking EVERYTHING about skating
>can use his Terminator vision to autistically identify a trick at 50 yards
>is in a safe comfort zone with their skating, doesn't spend much of the sesh on his board, prefers to watch others and provide props
>can smoke anyone at any skating video game
>is a total bro, will go to extra lengths for others
>has a surplus of gear, will give most of it away
>>
>>102358
ahh. i think i understand now. appreciate it.
>>
Mid-School millennial
>still cares about being core
>only respects those with actual skill
>use to be into skating stairs and gaps
>knees are shot, only skates flat and ledges now
>does the same 5 tricks but does them really well
>champions some obscure literal who for SOTY every year
>only skates shop decks and decks from his homie's small board company
>spends more time talking shit than skating
>>
File: harold cu.jpg (13 KB, 480x360)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>skating with fellow newbie bro
>taking turns on a street run with other much better skaters
>bro goes to do his usual nosestall on a stair
>hits it too hard, has to put his back foot down on the step to balance
>back foot to the tail again
>stands both feet on the step
>grabs the tail and awkwardly impossible-ish flips it by hand back into a nosestall
>stands his left foot back on the board
>then swaps to the right foot
>then back to the left
>awkwardly drops in

>I laugh at this purposefully kooky, sloppy ass trick
>bros face is dead straight, did not think he was being funny

I'm sorry dude, I don't think there's such a thing as "Illegal" or "Circus" tricks, but no matter how fast you do it, the Charlie Brown dance is fucking awful looking.
>>
>>102340
Giv money, you jewish bastard. Do you know how hard it is to skate with little motivation and religious parents?
>>
>>102279
>After work 25 - 40 year old
Is this really more common than non skate branded clothes?
I skate in my Brookes Brothers button up and cashmere v-neck sweaters. The only skate branded shit I own are my shoes.
>>
The blue collar skater
>works some construction job, usually related to concrete
>never at skatepark without a 6 pack
>only guy at the diy who has a clue how to do anything
>always wearing dickies, worn out t shirt, trucker cap
>can only do like 6 tricks
>has like 3 kids in late 20s
>>
>DO A KICKFLIP
>>
>>102397
I can't. The board literally sticks to my front foot like glue. Fucking Mob Grip.
>>
>>102127
I have one of these they're so much fun
>>
>>102347
Do the hustle. Beep boop beep boop beep beep boop beep beep, beep boop beep boop beep beep boop beep beep.
>>
>>102359
>talks about their religious experiences with the same astonished incoherence as someone whose taken acid for the first time

I hate to be real with you, anon, but this is how everybody sounds when talking about religious experiences.
>>
>>102367
You got me at the MAYBE Lizzie part, but only because I can't fucking stop thinking about how much her feet stink. It's starting to piss me off. I'm starting to wish I hadn't started coming to these threads, but I'm also starting to pull my dick out again...
>>
>>102431
Oh, pardon me, I meant Nora, but the idea still stands. These threads are not good for me.
>>
ok can we go back to asking am i too old to be fat and skateboard/longboard posting. this bot/ai greentext shit is fucking gay
>>
>>101643
need tips on how to control my arms i want to do my kickflips like louie, i can kickflip just fine but my arms always flail around in the ugliest way
>https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce_p2fWp-YR/
>>
>>102429
It's not. It's a very American thing that you get from "Christians"/Born Agains and Baptists, or people who are in new age cults. I've never had someone whose religion is part of their ethnic identity like an Arab Muslim or an Indian Hindu or a SEA Buddhist talk about their religion that way, even if they've had some nigh-paranormal experience.
>>
>>102373
>I'm sorry dude, I don't think there's such a thing as "Illegal" or "Circus" tricks
it doesnt matter what you or any r/newskater mindset retard in these threads thinks. there are tricks that objectively look bad/ridiculous and theres a reason people arent throwing fakie lazerflips down in lines. the whole "itsa trick, you did it, woo hoo! have fun" is a fine attitude to have if your not trying to be serious/get clips but to try and rebel against accepted skating norms and culture is fucking retarded and kooky
>>
>>102059
9,9/10 "am I too old" posts are trolling by the same guy.
>>
>>102071
I forgot how to make webms, I'M SORRY OK
>>
>>102260
Yes, that IS a worthy endeavor. I made on of those "party corner wojak" memes for revive lovers and there is one for heshers already. We should take this up.

Also, I will be reporting any longboard posts in the future. /esg/ is not and has never been about longboards.
>>
>>102279
That's a good one
>>
>>102287
>pandemic
>>
>>102459
>>
>>102260

The degenerate
>unemployed but comes to the park in his moms car
>nice enough person but super annoying/loud
>tags up the whole park with his shitty graffiti and gets mad when it’s painted over
>spends half of the session trying to sell drugs
>bonus points if they claim to be a rapper and blast their own music

The Asian/Latino sad boy
>switches up the style of their clothes to look trendy but not like they’re trying super hard
>never axel stalls, always does some “into fakie” variation of a stall
>gets super heated if the trick doesn’t land exactly how they want it
>always looks like they’re gonna cry, never starts conversation at the park even in a group

The mentor
>that chill guy your age who is just a little bit better than you
>when he sees you struggling he offers advice and asks what ur trying
>”oh dude you GOT it next time ur so close man!”
>loses his shit once you land the trick
>always dips after an hour

That fucking kid
>parents drop them off and walk around on their phone
>toddler age: riding a tiny bike or scooter with 3 wheels
>always follows you or snakes you. Will constantly watch you once they hear your board scrape.
>doesn’t say a single word
>cannot climb up any ramp, they will spend half of the time throwing themselves up the ramp

the roller girl
>not quite sure if she’s gay/bi
>padded out with the quad skates. >Usually just sticks to the bowl/mini ramp
>has a friend/crew of friends materialize at about 30 minute intervals to the session
>the thought has passed your mind to try to fuck/date one.
>>
>>102456
>Also, I will be reporting any longboard posts in the future
I'm not a longboarder nor do i care about longboards but snitching is pretty lame and announcing that you're snitching is even lamer.
>>
>>102473
kicking faggots out isnt the same thing as calling the cops cause people are drinking beer
>>
>>102190
>>102203
Hoo, just tried the penny board, couldn't balance for shit on it. Gonna have to try to find somewhere quiet to practice, shame nobody in this town seems to have a job, so everywhere is perpetually busy.
>>
>>102486
lmao is this a bit or a facebook post you saw?
>>
>>102489
It's for real. The trucks have a lot more give compared to the old skateboard I had, and it's somewhat more narrow.
>>
>>102491
no im more talking about the part where you complain about your town being busy and lively and blame that on people not having jobs when your doing the same shit?
>>
>>102493
>when your doing the same shit?
Except I'm not. I just finished a master's programme, had a job lined up since March, and I start in 2 weeks. Given every road is stacked end to end with cars, and even on a shitty day like today a nearby outdoor tennis court's car park was filled (with nobody playing tennis?) I have to question why so many people aren't in work. Do you think they're all waiting two weeks for their job to start?
>>
>>102449
Why do you think these threads are full of bots? Every vaguely human post without a picture attached is a bot now? Why would bots be coming onto /xs/ and making posts about skateboarding? Who would host that?
>>102451
Give an example or something
>>
>>102494
sound depressing to be you, constantly thinking about what everyone else is doing with their lives and degrading them in your head cause you cant find a parking spot. massive boomer energy, would not skate with you.
>>
>>102499
It's more about nowhere being quiet. It gets boring and frustrating.
>>
>>102502
>It's more about nowhere being quiet. It gets boring and frustrating.
lmao at this cope. skateboarding is one the loudest and annoying things you can do. your first post was about how you couldnt even stand on the board. your just a faggot worried about embarrassing himself. post on facebook about how angry you are that theres traffic and people outside.
>>
>>102503
>want to get better at thing
>nowhere to practice
>LMAO COPE FAGGOT
So what brand of autism do you have?
>>
>>102507
>goes outside
>AHHHH THERES PEOPLE NOOO
>comes on 4chan to complain nobody has a job
dude lmao please stop projecting
>>
>>102494
>Given every road is stacked end to end with cars, and even on a shitty day like today a nearby outdoor tennis court's car park was filled (with nobody playing tennis?)
>>102507
>nowhere to practice

why didnt you practice in the empty tennis court?
>>
>>102510
So, aspergers?
>>
>>102511
>why didnt you practice in the empty tennis court?
It's outdoor astro, not concrete, otherwise I probably would have.
>>
>>102512
this is pathetic dude just go skateboard, stop worrying about if other people are looking at you.
>>
>>102494
it’s summer you retard
>>
>>102514
this is pathetic dude just go skateboard, ignore the risk of hitting someone's car
>>
Anyone ride an old school style board? Really wide, no nose?
I kinda wanna get one for no real reason other than they look sexy. All the older guys at my park who rip up the bigger bowls ride these.
I dunno what it's like to skate a 9"+ board, flipping my 8.5 already feels like work, it just looks really fun to ride.
>>
>>102518
hahahaha holy shit literally yeah retard, ride a fucking bike you fucking kook
>>
>>102520
Are the same fag crying about long boards? You seem desperate to avoid anyone trying skateboarding.
>>
>>102522
hahahahaha and you are some faggot who thinks longboarding and skateboarding are the same thing?
>>
>>102523
Oh it is. You hit your head one too many times skating?
>>
>>102525
its not dude lol.
>>
Longboards should make their own general.
>>
>>102528
they had one at one point it died cause its faggot shit and is more suited for /n/
>>
>>102525
you can tell it is by his generic posting style and constant usage of the word “your” in place of “you’re”. Please stop replying to the dumb ESL zoomer who only comes in here to start drama, it’s not worth it bros
>>
>>102456
cry about it
>>
>>102449
Am I too fat to be old? Can one ever be 2board4skate? How about 2skate4board?
>>
>>102513
I always thought outdoor astro would be good for skating? Is it too soft (to be fat)?
>>
File: IMG_20220623_140654.jpg (285 KB, 2048x1536)
285 KB
285 KB JPG
>>102519
I have an 80s set up that I found in a dumpster. I did a few tres and kickflips on it, kind of felt dumb. I tried to ride it in a bowl but the bushings are too stiff and it doesn't really turn. I might fix it up but I mostly keep it as a novelty. It'd be a great cruiser if I lived in a decent area for it.
>>
File: esg.png (852 KB, 652x654)
852 KB
852 KB PNG
>>102536
you can do it bro
>>
>>102518
I did this one time and I almost cracked my skull on a dumpster- had I fell forwards instead of back. My board rolled into the tire of a car. I'm still new, but I will share some advice: Your board is extremely unlikely to fly up higher than half a foot, if you're just cruising. I would argue that it is rare enough that your post is invalidated unless you'd like to admit to consciously moving forward with your life while trying to damage other people's shit. If you feel uncomfortable tre flipping near a car, then don't do it, but that doesn't mean that you have to quit skating entirely.
>>
>>102538
if you have any basic woodworking skills, or simply know how to use a buzz saw, you should shape it into a cruiser/mini type board, switch the trucks up for something a bit less wide and some actual skateable (but still soft) wheels.
>>
>>102541
infuriating post good job
>>
keep your epic types of skater posts on reddit and slap
>>
>>102538
Finding a board in a dumpster just sounds ridiculously lucky. I guess I had a similar experience, though. A friend of a friend who was into woodworking gave me his longboard; I believe he just wasn't using it anymore. I'd always wanted to get into skateboarding, and I figured it would be an excellent method of getting around (y'know, to the gas station for beer and back to my parents' house) and that, even though it would be stupidly harder, I could practice ollies on grass until I got my own skateboard. It kind of sparked my passion for the sport. About a year later, I got my own popsicle board and took apart the longboard to scavenge the hardware (I'm not that interested in only cruising. I want the opportunity to do tricky stuff at any point.) and accidentally dented one of the sealed bearings while cleaning them. (I didn't know they were not supposed to be opened. lol.) Also the longboard bushings don't fit my Element trucks, the longboard trucks are about a quarter of an inch longer than my popsicle board (still very usable!), and the longboard wheels are huge, (I don't like using large risers because I am short and it feels like skating on top of a double-decker bus) but at least I now have the opportunity to use the other hardware, aside from the bearings...
>>
>>102538
The parts are probably crap by now but I'd keep the deck at least. Even if it's soggy it's still got some life in it
>>
why arent wheel spacings for bearing spacers uniform?
i got these cool modus titanium bearings with spacers but they dont fit my dumb wheels. i want to be able to crank down my nuts.
>>
>>102539
Oh, I'm not fat or old. I have other problems. I forget to eat breakfast. I get depressed when seeing my parents, so I struggle mentally when I have to go to the kitchen to get food. Then, when I am satiated and healthy, it ends up being 100° outside or raining heavily. It isn't like I don't have other things to do, either. I play the bass guitar and the flute, I like to study Japanese and Russian as well as programming... Uhh... I used to study the blade before I forgot how to eat fucking breakfast. I don't ride inline skates much, but I want to. These things take up energy. You need food for energy. You need to get past my parents without an unending desire to murder them to get food. You need to get past my parents without an unending desire to murder them because they provide the food via money, but since I've already gotten food a fair amount of times, I've got a few unending desires for murder stocked up. Therefore I am stuck relying on my parents because I can't get a job with an unending desire for murder. And, naturally, I need a job for money, and I need money because Jesus said so. I need Jesus because he already got crucified. If he hadn't, then I would be crucified.
>>
>>102546
Your bearings came with spacers? What an odd combination. Spacers are not that expensive. You could easily find some in the proper size.
>>
>>102547
bro...?
>>
>>102550
>Your bearings came with spacers?
yes. i just assumed they would fit.
>You could easily find some in the proper size.
calipers or is a ruler fine for sizing them out to know which to buy? i think im retarded. how does one measure the inside of that tunnel?
>>
i meant to post this pic. im not a shill but thought it would illustrate how rose colored my goggles were buying these
>>
>>102554
buddy, absolutely nobody is using spacers in their bearings but do not let that stop you from trying to find the right size for you. You don’t “need” what comes with whatever product you are buying to be able to skate or have a good time. I don’t have washers in my trucks and it’s basically a non issue, the same for spacers in my bearings
>>
>>102563
ive always never run spacers too but it bothered me lol. im going to like... put a piece of paper through and mark it on both sides with a marker to cure my autism.
i realize though that it wont make my kickflips any more dialed.
>>
>>102546
what do you mean they don't fit? you're probably doing something wrong
>>
>>102554
>>102564
The paper idea seems the best, unless you have a thermometer-sized ruler. I have some 50mm, 52mm, and 54mm wheels and my spacers fit in all of them. Granted, I don't use them much because I actually prefer NOT cranking down my nuts.. It isn't hard to put a skate tool in your pocket, neither is it absurdly necessary, but the same could be said about using spacers..
>>
>>102565
i mean when i crank them down, the wheels dont spin freely.
around 20minutes into this video (i think - im on my phone) the guy cranks down on spacer'd bearings and they spin freely.
https://youtu.be/M5oV7q3u9so
if thats not what happens, i apologize. i sincerely remember this not being the case with my wheels/bearings and then installing them without spacers because of that. i dont really feel like looking now. maybe i would report back tomorrow after the rain has dried up and it'd be worth seeing but i imagine no one cares then.
>>102566
it may be because i tried them in 60mm cruiser wheels lmao. im the fag from yesterday asking about going from 60mm to 54mm
yeah i can skate with a tool in bag and do so but its just autism.
>>
LET'S LET THIS ONE REACH PAGE 6,LET'S HAVE SOME RESPECT, WHAT DO YOU SAY? AND NO WRONGBOARD TALK ANYMORE.
>>
>got ollies semi-consistently down
>ollie down a curb yesterday
>try to ollie up a curb today
>after a few tries and 1 harmless bail land one
>very sketchy
>go try a better, faster one
>back wheels clip on the curb while I come back on the board, slip out, fall face first
>can feel the floor touch my upper lip and put pressure on my front teeth
>no damage whatsoever, my shoulders and hands took the most of it

Wheew lad, Im not doing that until I can atleast ollie another skateboard, dont wanna lose my fucking teeth.
>>
>>102586
most people underestimate how much weight you're actually throwing around going only 5mph, and at the wrong angle of attack that's all you need to break an bone or worse

I personally get sketched out trying to ollie my own boards for some reason, but i can get up 1ft banks and haven't /deliberately/ practiced ollying once. All I do is roll around in the local bowl and try to work all my leg muscle groups until i get jello legged, eventually my legs just caught up and knew how to do it
>>
What fucking FAGGOT keeps making new threads the second these ones autosage? Jesus Christ, will you look at the rest of the board just fucking once?
>>
>>102586
heh i almost knocked my teeth out failing on ollie-ing over a small rail... smashed my face on the ground and now my tooth is permanently sensitive to temperature and was loose for a while after the smash but is set now.

hope all the best in your ollie gains. get 100% confident before going over hurtles but i guess even ledges can be dangerous as your experience was.
>>
>>102590
Yeah I'm still trying to get comfortable just sending myself and the board over something, the timing is the hardest part for me, that and I still need to look at the board to ollie which fucks me up when I gotta look how close I am to the curb at the same time. Also my town has 1 proper skatepark that's an hour away so I only got street stuff to practice on.

>>102594
Whew good thing you didn't lose it, that's the biggest thing I'm hoping to avoid, breaking bones is less expensive then teeth.

Do you guys have some warmup routines for street skating or do you just do basic tricks and feel it out?
>>
>>102584
>muh safe space
have you tried not being a faggot
>>
>>102599
being able to ride switch as well as push mongo Will save your ass down the line from a shitty crash or bail. there's no point in riding if you're just gonna sprain your ankle on something small and stupid going 5mph because you can't stand in the 'opposite' position youre falling from.
main thing is just make sure you stretch and eat well, if you're shaky from not eating enough you will eventually hurt yourself
>>
>>102599
I do the straight 8 routine (f/s, b/s in every stance.), usually just shuvits and 180s for about 10 minutes. Its helped my switch game because I usually neglect it, and I do feel like it improves and engages my general balance for the session.
>>
>>102540
The problem isn't if the board hits a car, it's if I fall and land on a car.

Anyway, it's late, so I went out and had a play about. I need to tighten the trucks. The road camber is too aggressive for how loose penny board trucks come.
>>
>>102604
>push mongo
Why?
And yeah I'm getting into switch pushing and reverts, Fs 180s are my next main goal tho.

>>102607
Yeah that sounds good, I usually just stretch and ride around doing kickturns and short manuals since I cant do those tricks yet.
>>
>>102611
because someday you're going to fall, and land in the position that resembles 'mongo', and because you've practiced pushing and standing in both standard and switch your muscle memory will snap to and let you catch your balance. I swear to you this has saved me from running into a moving car while riding on the street instead of just falling getting scraped up and having my board shoot under a car
>>
>>102618
Not the poster you are replying to, but wouldn't learning how to push switch have the same effect as pushing mongo?
>>
you guys ever play S.K.A.T.E. for money or is it gay?
>>
>>102695
Same premise, but essentially, yes. I think the "core" (whatever that means. lol.) subconscious idea in this thread, at the time that they posted, was that everyone should consider riding switch to be mandatory, so the, ironically, very non-core idea would be that riding mongo would help fill in the gaps in balance left between riding switch and regular. The core idea- hopefully- being that you should be riding warily enough to comprehend the errors in your own balance and determined enough to correct them as you ride switch and regular to never need to ride mongo.
>>
>>102810
If I may continue... The reason to not ride mongo, according to the traditional core from the perspective of heavy inclusion, is that many people need something to hate. The idea is that if we ever need to band together as skaters, consciously, we will need somewhere to direct our hate- classically speaking. Hatred is "classically" dangerous, and the least dangerous thing to hate, in skateboarding, is pushing mongo. The reason being that it is uncommon. It would not be thought as detrimental to the community if the act were lost in time as much as, say, the tre flip. This is all based in common, general, educational theory, though. That is, stances are a [ building block] to tricks. Theoretically, if you have no stance, you have no tricks because you are not "using" a skateboard. This is just how I was taught. This is what makes senses to me. If you disagree, go meditate my impressions away or something. lol.
>inb4 kicked out of the core
>>
>>102811
skate boarding is a cock measuring contest. skaters hate things that are outside of the standard because its like showing up to a cock measuring contest where everyone uses inches and pulling out a metric ruler. its why the design of skateboards has not really changed in forever, its why they hate other sports that are almost identical and its why they hate fun.
>>
>>102811
>>102819
Mongo is objectively inferior.
>can't turn as well while pushing
>need to swing your weight around from the back to the front to get on to your board
>>
>>102819
I'd argue flawed logic on the basis that the board design can't change that much. It still has to be a relatively oblong, flat piece of wood. Some have tails and noses, some are wide at various areas, some are thin at various areas, some trucks are made for specific purposes, wheels are made for specific purposes...

>>102821
You can turn as well, but it relies on a different mechanic. Weight swinging from back to front can be normalized internally.
>>
>>102823
so if i created a board that was somehow objective better at everything tomarrow, do you seriously thick it would be accepted and used. skating is finiky and very technical. thats kind of its draw and im fine with that. would you get any respect if you ducktaped a board to you shoes and jumped a 5 set? of course not. its difficult on purpose, and just like in the dark soul community that fosters some really shitty attitudes.
>>
>>102827
Herein is implied that ductaping a board to your feet a jumping a five-stair is the penultimate, opposite equivalent of creating an objectively better skateboard in the community. That doesn't sound like a healthy attitude...
To put it less sarcastically: Yes, I do think that it would be accepted and used if you were to do such a thing and I agree that many people would be roped into the category of not accepting it because of the skills they already possess on their flavor of board and/or distrust. However, just because skateboarding is difficult does not mean that it is a cock measuring contest.
>>
>>102829
so tech advances in literally every other sport but the skateboard perfect in every way. its also true that in every other "extreme" sport pros are going, further, faster, and higher than pro skateboarder. the only difference is the medium and a willingness to accept technology. have you ridden a modern full suspension mtn bike? it basically does the riding for you. you just point it at things and 9 times out of 10 you will land it.I fully belive you could design a board that would ride just as well. just admit the the limitations are part of the draw which is why there is a reluctance toward change. and yes duct tape is objectivly a better way of getting a board off the ground than an ollie, its just not the "accepted" way, its "cheating" etc. my point is that it takes so little effort to improve basic aspects of a skateboard that literally every 5 year old has has reconized this and attempted to improve it. skaters are bigger traditionalists than most religious people i know.
>>
>>102823
>You can turn as well, but it relies on a different mechanic.
If it's what I picture in my mind, that mechanic is more likely to cause someone to wipe the fuck out, especially if they're going fast.
>>
>>102838
Alright. Lmao. You got me.
>>
Did my first ollie today
Then i did about 50 more
>>
>>102927
Nice work. Keep it up!
I hope you were rolling for all of them!
It's okay if you weren't... you can do that next time.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.