[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 43 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

I accidentally got headbutted while sparring in Muay Thai about an hour ago and I’m dealing with this. Does anyone have a good remedy that’ll fix this soon? I’ve got a date Friday night and seeing my family on Father’s Day and would prefer not to have a black eye for both.
>>
Okay, avoiding the black eye seems unlikely at this point. Any way to make this look passable in the next day or so?
>>
LARP as a Pirate mate
>>
>>101342
Is there any way to heal it in the day or so? I don’t want to go on my date looking like this and I really don’t want my family to see me like this. It keeps getting worse though and it’s sealed shut from the swelling
>>
>>101301
Wear makeup, fag.
>>
>>101343
Lmao tell her you got it fighting her dad
>>
>>101344
Do you think makeup will make it look normal tomorrow?
>>
>>101301
you gotta cut it to get the swelling down and then massage all the blood out to get the color to normal. It's like popping a pimple, if it goes right you'll have a cut instead of a bruise
>>
>>101349
This, but drained with a small needle instead. Realistically you don't even need the syringe, but some people get a sympathetic black out response to that much blood suddenly pouring out, so just drain it with a 3-5ml syringe and a 22 to 25G needle.
>>
>>101349
Wait, so is there a chance I might now avoid getting shiner? If I’m being honest, it’s been hell so far since my eye now looks like this.
>>
lol that shit wasn't accidental man
>>
>>101395
This, also, An ice pack wrapped in a wash cloth moistened with witch hazel.
>>
>>101398
Oh, and, for future sparring, investing in head gear might be a good idea.
>>
>>101398
What kinda of healing time do you think I’m looking at? Any chance I look somewhat normal for my date tomorrow if at the very least Father’s Day this weekend?
>>
>>101398
Also, why do you think it wasn’t accidental? I had my opponent in the clinch and my hands slipped and his head shot up while I was looking down and the back of his head caught my eyebrow
>>
>>101406
Sorry bro but there is little too no chance. The swelling will go down, and you should be able to open it fully. But the discoloration is going to last maybe another week or two. That's my experience atleast. But why is it so important it be gone? I mean, just explain it, no shame in a shiner.
>>101410
Well, that would have been a more accurate way too put it. What you said in your OP was akin to saying you accidentally got punched in the face, get me, but I understand what you meant now and I suppose it's plausible.
>>
>>101460
This is how it looks now. I can only get it open by prying it open with my fingers. Is that normal and is it going to get any worse? Is there a way to get all the swelling down in the next 12 hours or so for the date or am I screwed?
>>
>>101460
Well, my date’s in 3 hours and my eye looks like this right now. Any last minute advice to improve its appearance?
>>
>>101551
lmao I see we still haven’t reached the acceptance phase
>>
>>101552
Well, I’m just trying to see if there’s a way to at least get all the swelling down in the next few hours so I don’t look quite as ugly for the date
>>
>>101553
I wouldn’t mess with it now. She either likes you or she doesn’t, at least this way you’ll find out if she’s weird about guys who do combat sports sooner rather than later.
>>
>>101554
Okay, fair enough. Do you think I’ll be able to get the swelling down for Sunday when I see my family for Father’s Day?
>>
>>101555
If you know someone whose a medical professional then you could see if they’ll drain it. Otherwise I’d leave it, the complications from someone draining it wrong could be worse than having a black eye around your family.
>>
>>101558
Honestly, I just want it open since it looks pretty gross. If it’s open by Sunday, I think it’ll look a lot better
>>
>>101592
How did it go?
>>
>>101662
Bad. I did mention that I had a bit of a shiner prior to the date, but didn’t send a picture. She said it would be fine, but when we met up, she took one look at me and said “I think this was a mistake” and walked away. I fucking hate this black eye.
>>
you could have rescheduled the date but she sounds like a loser anyway
>>
>>101671
She did you a favor. Any woman that judgmental is one you should ditch.
>>
>>101671
lmao no way
op, next time ice it until the swelling goes down then put a warm damp cloth on it and compress.
>>
>>101739
Hopefully there isn’t a next time lol. My eye is still swollen shut tho. Is that normal or should I be worried?
>>
>>101742
it's normal. it can take a while. just ice it every so often until the swelling stops like i said
>>
>>101671
lmao what a bitch. You look badass, OP. Don't let it get you down. Maybe get a helmet though lol.
>>
>>101944
Lol, yeah, my eye only just opened up today so I could definitely use a helmet for the future. Still looking badass?

On a side note, am I good to start training again? I took some time off while my eye was still swollen shut, but since it’s open again, am I good to go?
>>
>>101671
What a dumb bitch lmao. Your black eye is the kind of stuff that great first date memories you tell the grandkids are made of.
>>
>>101944
Getting black eyes doesn’t make you look badass you retard it makes it look like you got beat up.
>>
>>102263
Yeah, I kinda figured. Do you think I’m good to start training again with my eye looking like it does?
>>
>>102310
Just don’t spar while it heals
>>
>>102313
Like until it’s fully healed? Or just until all the swelling is gone? I just worry that the black eye could take a while to go away. It’s already been a week and my eye looks like it’s nowhere close to being healed
>>
>>102469
Jesus retard did that head but give you brain damage? just ask your coach instead of 4channel
>>
call amber herd
>>
>>101301

There's not really much you can do about bruising besides some zinc cream and plenty of sleep and water.
>>
>>102800
This is what it looks like today after almost 10 days. How much longer am I looking at to heal?
>>
File: future01.jpg (39 KB, 480x456)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>101671
haha, that black eye did you a favor. You almost bought her dinner with nothing in return
>>
dit da jow helps a lot
>>
>>102863
I suppose, but I still am not loving the gnarly shiner I’ve gotten. It looks gross and I’m getting tired of the questions and stares. Any idea how much longer it’s gonna last?
>>
>>102885
Anon relax. Wait another week you'll be fine.
>>
>>102812
It's best to simply embrace it by now I think. Get beat up in the rest of your face too to even it out
>>
>>102910
Do you think about a week to look normal again?
>>
wear an eyepatch if you care so much
>>
>>103017
I’m not sure that would be much of an improvement. It just looks really ugly is all and I hate getting stared at and would like to look normal again
>>
OP is fucking gay
>>
>>103070
Like I said earlier in the thread, dit da jow helps a lot with bruising, don't get it in your eye. But putting some jow on the eye lid and the socket where it's bruised would do you some good. It probably wont deliver until after you've already healed, but in the future if you put the jow on right after the injury is sustained your recovery will be a whole lot faster.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.