[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: download.jpg (16 KB, 294x172)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
Anyone up for some creepy riddles? Years ago an anon translated these from 2chan and I saved them for my own enjoyment. Every now and again I like to post them and reminiscence about old /x/ vibes. The idea is to figure out why the story is creepy.

First riddle:
A buddy of mine and I were talking,
and somebody said we should go take some ghost photos, so we went to this old house on a mountain road where there'd been a murder.
We went late at night, and then we went from the front hall to the living room, to the bath, the toilet, the kitchen, the father's study, then up to the second floor, and then the children's rooms and parents room, then back downstairs to the first floor. Then we each took a photo of us with the house behind us.

Then the next day, we looked at the photos and we were surprised.
There was nothing.
I mean, we were in the photos. Just there weren't any ghosts or anything.
"Isn't that weird?"
"Maybe they like, went to heaven, or something?"
"Yeah maybe. We can't take any more ghost photos, then. That was a waste of time."
"Not really. I saw a house that was pretty far from the rest. We can go their next."
"Seriously? It empty?"
"'course not. There were people there. Let's go tonight."
"Okay, got it. I'll get ready."
I can't wait. This'll be a lot of fun.
>>
>>33452637
They're planning to kill them to make more ghosts or something? Could you answer it?
And post more.
>>
Spirit photography where they suck the souls out of people? I read a manga about that once
>>
>>33452671
>>33452693
Good job anons!~ That's right, they're planning to kill more people to try and capture the image of a spirit.

Here's another:
My sister's an art teacher, and she rented a two bedroom cheap apartment to use as a studio. She never lived there, she just used it as a place to paint. Since I was hard up for a place to stay, she was nice and gave me one of the rooms.
So I moved my stuff in in the morning, and then went off to work. I came home excited, ready to enjoy my new place. My sister had told me to be really careful with the locks, so I locked the door with the deadbolt and chain. I made myself some instant ramen with the water heater in the kitchen, and then read some comics until it was time for bed. I checked the door and the gas, and went to sleep.
Around 2 or 3 in the morning, I heard the deadbolt unlock from the front door. My sister had come to paint. I heard her go to the bedroom next to mine, the one she used as a studio. I'd been in there earlier, it was empty except for some canvas and paints.
I was tired and I had work again the next morning, so I stayed in bed. I could hear her mumbling and laughing to herself.
"Man, artists are weird people," I said to myself as I fell asleep again.
When I woke up in the morning, my sister was gone and I was alone in the apartment. I got up and got ready, and then went out the front door.
It was only when I turned around to lock it that I realized, and I was suddenly terrified.
I never went back into the apartment after that.
>>
>>33452697
Shouldn't the sister have not been able to get in with the door chained or am I retarded
>>
>>33452697
A deadbolt can't be opened from outside?
>>
File: images.jpg (15 KB, 266x190)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>33452734
Have more self-confidence anon! You nailed it! There's no way the sister could have gotten past the dead bolt.

Have another one, it's a bit trickier:
At the end of June, a college student was found dead in his apartment. He'd been dead for at least a month, and his body was found in a bad state of decay. The cops called his brother Tatsuya in to identify the body, and while he was there they played the messages on the deceased's answering machine.

3/14: A message from his mother talking about a trip they took when he was little. It cut off midway.
3/16: An invitation to a trip by a friend.
3/21: A message from his father, that his grandpa wanted to see him.
4/25: A message from his friend saying that he needed to go to school.
5/1: A message from his mother telling him to call his brother Tatsuya.

That was all that was on the tape.
"The calls from your parents were always at around 2:00 AM, the detective said. Tatsuya nodded.

"My parents died when we were both little..."
>>
>>33452697
>>33452734
There was already a person inside when he got there who undid the deadbolt to leave
>>
>>33452750
The parents called his brother to say he is going to die and it is implied his dead brother will call the living brother soon
>>
These are very good
>>
File: EhlRxRrXsAEwDvT.png (438 KB, 608x812)
438 KB
438 KB PNG
>>33452770
Good job anon, you should feel extra proud since in both the original thread and the few times I've posted this no one's gotten it before.

Here's an easy one:
One day, when I was little, my sister's crying was bugging me so I killed her and threw her in a well.
The next day the body was gone.

Five years later, I got in a fight with a friend over something stupid, and I killed him too. I threw his body in the well, and the next day, it was gone.

Ten years later, I accidentally got a chick pregnant when we were drunk. I killed her and threw her body in the well, and the next day it was gone.

Fifteen years later, I had this boss who was a dick. I killed him and threw him in the well. The next day his body was gone.

Twenty years later, my mom was getting old and she needed to be put in a home. I didn't want to pay the money, so I killed her and threw her body in the well.

The next day, it was still there.
>>
w-wait... a good thread?
>>
>>33452750
I like this one.
>>
>>33452806
Mama was takin the bodies!
>>
>>33452831
That's right anon!

Here's another riddle for you:
It's been a crappy day. I woke up late, I skipped breakfast, and I think I forgot to lock the door, too. And to make matters worse, my boss yelled at me again today. All the girls in the office hate him. The bald bastard. "I wonder if he's that guy who keeps stalking me?" I say to myself as I go home.
Home, of course, is a cheap-ass apartment with a living kitchen and a separate bedroom, and not even a window facing outside. Not that I care. It's cheap. I unlock the door and go inside.
The place is trashed. Somebody must've broken this morning... Crap. I'm tired. I'll just call the police tomorrow.
I decide to skip breakfast and head for the bedroom.
>>
>>33452842
The door was not locked when they left but is locked when they entered. Someone locked it from the inside?
>>
File: soy1.jpg (53 KB, 600x800)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>33452818
>omg such a good thread I love scary stories lets keep it going redditbros
>>
>>33452868
Better than me, I figured he trashed his own home like a dolt
>>
>>33452868
Correct! Whoever trashed the place is still inside.

Here's the next one (I'll be honest and say I'm a dumbass whose never understood it, but I know the answer so):
I got run over by a hit-and-run driver, and I had to go to the hospital for a month. When I finally got out, a good buddy of came over to hang out.
"Sorry I couldn't go see you in the hospital."
"It's cool, man."
"Did you see the guy who did it?"
"Nah, it was too sudden. I don't remember."
"I see."
"You be careful too, buddy."
"Yeah, I will. Anyway, it's getting late, so I'm gonna head home. Next time I'll go see you."
"Thanks."
>>
>>33452637
Bump
>>
>>33452891
Did his friend hit him on purpose? And he’s going to try and hit him again?
>>
>>33452882
go back to your flat earth thread
>>
>>33452891
The friend says next time he runs him over he will see visit him in hospital?
>Next time (you get run over) I'll go see you.
>>
>>33452842
Time loop? She skipped breakfast twice?
>>
>>33452882
how does it feel to have this caricature live in your head rent free
>>
File: images (1).jpg (17 KB, 204x247)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>33452899
Yep! You got it anon.

Here's another:
It's five minutes to midnight, and I'm on an express train on the outskirts of Tokyo. It's just me and a few other people, and then this one guy gets on. When he gets in, he looks around and suddenly has this terrified expression on his face as the doors close behind him.
He walks up to a woman, "Excuse me ma'am. Are you 28?"
"That's exactly right," the woman says. "How could you tell?"
He ignores her and turns to the man next to me, "And you, you're 45?"
"Why yes, that's right."
He looks to me, "And you're 35."
"That's correct. But how do you know?"
"And you miss, you're 50?"
"Yes, that's right. But I'll be turning 51 tomorrow, in five minutes."
When she says this the man goes white as a sheet.
"I have a special power: I can see how long each of you is going to live."
>>
>>33452882
>tfw you are old enough to remember when this was what /x/ was like unironically
>spooky campfire stories and creepy japanese art
>now there are newfags who characterise old /x/ behaviour as plebbit tier
I WANT TO GO BACK AHHH
>>
>>33452926
All the people on the train are dying in 5 minutes
>>
>>33452926
about to die
>>
>>33452926
Is their train about to crash and kill them all?
>>
>>33452891
His buddy ran into him.and next time he'll make sure he recognizes him
>>
>>33452926
Everybody ded
>>
Cool thread.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (255 KB, 540x800)
255 KB
255 KB JPG
>>33452935
Me too anon. Me too.
>feelsbadman.jpg
>>33452941
That's correct! This one was totally stolen from one of the megaten games.

Sorry for the long pause, my fatass wanted some thanksgiving leftover casserole.

Here's the next riddle:
An old man says to me, "Wanna play a game?
Here's the rules. I've got a bunch of boxes, and inside one of them is the prize money. The boxes are heavy and strong, too heavy to ever open with your hands, but there are axes and welding torches and all kinds of things around them, and you can take as much time as you want. When you find the money it's yours."
Well, I don't see any way I can lose then. Worst case, I spend a night opening boxes.
"By the way, there are a ton of boxes, but if you give me 50$ I'll start you right next to the prize money."
Even better! I take out my wallet and give the old guy 50$.

The game starts.
The prize money is right in front of my eyes.
>>
>>33452891
I suspect the phrase "I see" is a little more ambiguous in Japanese.
>>
>>33453014
They start the game inside the box
>>
>>33453014
He kills the Old man and steals his money?
>>
>>33453014
The 50 he gives is the prize money. He is locked in with the tools to get out outside of the "box"
>>
>>33453035
Tools are on the outside. He is basically in a coffin
>>
File: 富江3_Lr-1.jpg (111 KB, 602x800)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>33453022
Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner! How long until his air runs out, I wonder? Be very suspicious of strange old men offering you easy money.

Here's the next one:
I hate being in crowds when it's hot. Fucking hate it. I'm exhausted from work, and then I have to ride the damn rush hour train home. I stagger back to my apartment building, and I go inside and wait for the elevator. There's another goddamn crowd here. An old woman and her husband, two kids in elementary school, a college student, a businessman in a suit, and a mom with a kid on her back and another holding her hand.
We all get inside, and just as the doors are about to close this cute girl in a white dress slips past them. The weight buzzer goes off. Well, that makes sense. This thing's got a limit of 9 adults. She looks embarrassed and tries to get off, but I smile and step out of the elevator. As the doors close she's smiling back at me. Very cute. I honestly just didn't want to be stuck on a full elevator, but still, totally worth it. I take the next elevator up and go back to my place. The TV's on, and the news is talking about some chick that's gone missing.
>>
>>33453046
Weight limit of 9. The "first-person" of the text makes the 10th. White dress 11, so by stepping off they should still be over the weight limit. Baking the white dress girl incorporeal. So the ghost killer.
>>
>>33453065
I think your right although it should say 9 persons not adults since some are kids.
>>
>>33453046
The main character is the chick that has gone missing or the little girl is because there are 9 people already on the elevator? (Both of them are ghosts?)
>>
>>33453065
She saved his life
>>
>>33453046
Ghosts all wear white dresses lol
>>
File: images (3).jpg (20 KB, 335x150)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>33453065
>>33453072
>>33453078
>>33453065
>>33453065
You're so close anon, but I'm afraid your math is wrong. 5 adults + 4 kids = 7 adults, plus the person talking is 8. and girl in white is 9. The missing girl is on top of the elevator.

Apparently it was an episode of Conan or something.

Usually I'd give more time to figure it out, but I got to wrap this up soon. This will be the second to last:
I've been really tired lately, so I took some time off work and went to England. I checked into a nice three story hotel after a long day of sightseeing, and just collapsed in bed.
Around 3:00 AM I heard some noise, and I look outside. The police are everywhere. They're yelling up at me that there's been a robbery and murder on the second floor. I'm on the top level, and I can see that the cops have the stairs and elevators locked down. Should be fine then.
I'm going back to bed. Hope they catch the guy.
>>
>>33452806
This one seems harder. The other ones were fairly intuitive but I'm not getting this one. I'll think
>>
>>33452806
Is the well her new home?
I was the first replyer and got the others quick.
>>
>>33453103
Having to convert kids to adults lol.
>>
>>33453103
in britain they call first floor the ground floor. The robbery/murder is on his floor.
>>
>>33453114
Your right and the way it worded as top level is a giveaway too.
>>
>>33453103
>I took some time off work and went to England.
>The police are everywhere. They're yelling up at me that there's been a robbery and murder on the second floor.
The floors are counted different and the criminal is on the same floor?
>>
>>33452926
This one sounds familiar. These are fun even though I'm not getting half of them, like Fuan No Tane in riddle form. Reminds me too I need to catch up on Silent Horror.
>>
File: intro-1654041906.jpg (205 KB, 780x438)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
>>33453114
Correct! Always a fun little cultural difference.

I need to go to bed for a morning shift (fucking black friday), sorry guys, I really thought I could get all the riddles posted beforehand but I didn't figure in the time it took me to solve the captchas. My old man eyes once again keeping me from enjoying what I love.

I might make another thread and try to post all the riddles I have on my next day off. Keep an eye out.

It's been a fun night /x/, here's the last riddle of the night:
Friend: "I'm really sorry about this."
Me: "Hey, stop it!"
Friend: "My sister... she's sick. I need the money."
Me: "Are you okay man? Snap out of it."
Friend: "......Thanks."
Me: "I can lend you like a thousand bucks, if you want it."
Friend: "Thanks man. And like, well..."
Me: "Here, take the rest of my dinner if you want it."
Friend: "Thanks."
Me: "What are you talking about? I mean, we're best pals right?"
Friend: "I'm thinking of killing myself... If you weren't here I was gonna do it."
Me: "Hey, don't worry about it."
Friend: "Sorry to bug you this late at night."

With answer:
[spoiler]read bottom up and shit brix[/spoiler]
>>
>>33453132
he either kills his sister or himself, either way for life insurance
>>
>>33453132
well fuck, still can't spoiler my shit, sorry anons. I've never once in my life managed to spoiler something properly.

>>33453110
The mother was removing the bodies. Once she died, there was no one to take her away.

>>33452915
I copy/pasted the posts exactly as typed and every single time I see the mistake that it should be dinner and not breakfast, and every single time I forget to correct it. Going to do that this time.

>>33452818
Thanks again for the good night anons. This old man hopes that one day we can recapture the spirit of /x/ once more. We certainly did tonight in this thread.
>>
>>33452831
Damn it!

>>33452842
Missed this one before checking the answer.
>>33452891
His friend did it. Idk why though.
>>33452926
They're all going to die on the train as soon as her birthday hits?
>>33453014
The $50 is the prize money and he's starting next to it? That's all he's gonna get?
>>33453046
Damn should have gotten that.
>>33453103
Yeah murder was on his floor bla bla
>>33453132
He kills himself and blames it on his friend? Or kills his friend instead of himself for a reason?
>>
>>33453155
Have a good night anon, this really was a fun thread

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.