[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: diogedeez.jpg (155 KB, 375x500)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
Which is the better ascetic/homeless method?

Buddhist monk: wears a homeless uniform, shaves head to advertise their status, conforms to society norms, only possession is a bowl.

diogenes: naked, masturbated in public, spit on society, uses hands to eat, total apathy as the highest virtue.
>>
>>33447572
Both are cringe. Ascetism means letting go of everything, even the "uniform" of an ascetic.
>>
>>33447572
Only one of these is culturally acceptable. However you see many people in inner cities in the USA who are, without knowing it, embodying diogenes.
>>
>>33447572
They had tiny peepees
>>
>>33447592
Homeless folk is what I'm referring to, if you couldn't guess.
>>
>>33447603
For some reason the Romans and Greeks viewed large shlongs as barbaric. Hence why all their statues have tiny dicks. Fact.
>>
>>33447603
Small pee pee=big brain.
My pee pee is small.
Get on my level.
>>
>>33447638
Because big dongs mean your mom's a slut.
Means multiple men were competing by banging the same chick.
>>
>>33447603
they’re growers but showers
>>
File: naga2.jpg (16 KB, 263x401)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>33447572
>diogenes: naked, masturbated in public, spit on society, uses hands to eat, total apathy as the highest virtue.
there's also the way of the sadhu, largely the same except they give blessings or curses sometimes depending on the weather
>>
>>33447572
My favourite story related to Diogenes is the following.

Diogenes only had one possession in the world, a simple wooden bowl that he used to drink water. One day he went down to the river to get some water to drink, and he saw a young boy drinking using his hands. It was then that Diogenes realized how materialistic he’d become and he immediately discarded his bowl.

Diogenes was quite the character.
>>
File: 1646756992476.jpg (26 KB, 474x514)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>33447638
>For some reason
>>
File: 1666289282336377.jpg (150 KB, 1052x789)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>33447654
>tfw your mom only banged one guy
>tfw she didn't love you enough to be a whore
feels bad, man
>>
>>33447638
>Stop making fun of me for my abnormally large phallus Claudius Julian Vipsanius! XII uncia
pollex is not that biggus!
>>
>>33447786
When asked what should be done with his body after dies, Diogenes told them that his body should simply be tossed over the city walls, so that his body could be consumed by wild animals.
>>
>>33448005
Kek
>>
>>33447572
>Which is the better ascetic/homeless method?
>Buddhist monk: wears a homeless uniform, shaves head to advertise their status, conforms to society norms, only possession is a bowl.
>diogenes: naked, masturbated in public, spit on society, uses hands to eat, total apathy as the highest virtue.

I'm homeless and I get naked and masturbate outside. I love it and I love stroking my cock. I don't spit on society though I have no ID and I have no connection to the 'normies' really. I use my hands but also sometimes fork and knife or spoon. I'm pretty clean though I don't shave my beard. I look on garbage cans for food and sometimes I get money from friends or family...
>>
>>33447572
Diogenes wasn't an ascetic, he just lived a simple lifestyle. Asceticism is more than just poverty or homelessness. Diogenes also didn't promote total apathy, either. He was provocative because he wanted to challenge social standards in order to promote more virtuous living. Hardly apathetic. As for Buddhist monks, they don't conform to social norms either. I don't see what about Buddhist monks is "normal". Is the average person like a monk in any way? Unless you consider following a code of ethics and morality to be the same thing as "social norms", which would be silly.
>>
>>33448326
posted from his iphone
>>
>>33448407
You insult me by thinking I would ever buy anything from Apple

>>33448326
I do want to correct this a bit though, in a certain sense you can say Diogenes was an ascetic, so that first statement isn't entirely accurate. He may not have done things like fasting and so on the way a monk would but he did strive to live as simple a life as possible, free from possessions.
>>
>>33447572
Diogenes
He created the path for Christianity alongside Aristotle and Alexander at the time.
>>
>>33448326
>>33448433
Anon he literally watched a child pull water up from a fountain with his hands and he, holding a wooden bowl say "ah what a fool I've been, I have no need of this." And broke it in half.

When a friend and peer asked him why he was fine to live on grains and lentils when if learning humility (to endure humiliation) he could live as a noble servant of the King or some other as he was. Diogenes said, "if you could learn to live on lentils you wouldn't be subservient to the king."

The dude, wide eyed just shrugged and walked off
>>
>>33447654
>>33447870
>Microchimerism only applies to size
>Turns out women just store the most alpha semen and then uses those bits to make big boys
>Women have to be slutty and only fuck chads so they can get the best quality semen and store it in their spine
>>
>>33448495
Yes that's why I wanted to correct what I said. The reason why I said that before is because there are some things other ascetics do like fasting that I don't think he did but it's still not wrong to say he was an ascetic himself, so that statement was inaccurate.
>>
>>33447592
Indeed, and let me tell you, I despise those niggers. The Buddhist type is just an annoyance at most.
>>
File: padam-lama_tilopa.jpg (400 KB, 768x1031)
400 KB
400 KB JPG
>>33447572
The mahasiddha: live in charnel grounds, perform magic as a compassionate means of turning people to the dharma
>>
>>33447572
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=deOgK6eSzHQ
>>
>>33447638
Idk about that but when you are running around naked throwing spears and fighting a big dick gets in the way and is a liability. I heard on Joe Rogan that chimpanzees try to rip each other's dicks off. My dick is a average 7 inches not too big not too small
>>
>>33447786
He basically just lives like a monkey and you say that's wise though. I mean monkeys go around masterbation in front of you all the time playing with themselves have no possessions etc... He basically just lives like a wild animal while still being in society
>>
>>33447572
>uses hands to eat
This is why I eat with my elbows.
>>
>>33451436
Absolutely. My dick tries so hard not to get grabbed during aerobic activities, it's kind of unconfortable but I'm glad that if a random ape came running towards me it would be very hard to grab my dick and balls. However, if I smelled a woman nearby during her menstrual cycle my dick would immediately manifest itself into 7.5 inches long and 5.5 inch in circumference. Which leaves me in a very vulnerable position and I'm constantly afraid a gorilla is going to jump out of bushes and pull my dick off before I can inseminate the woman.
>>
>>33451480
Tuche
>>
>>33447572
Probably something that tom bombadil is doing
>>
>>33451459
That makes him a parasite. He could only act like that because people better and smarter than him gave him the opportunity. Diogenes is a joke. Its weird we still talk about one random crazy guy from so long ago.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.