[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: scope.png (2.81 MB, 1920x1080)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB PNG
Does violence in video games carry similar karmic energy to real world violence? The other day when I was playing Arma, when I shot a guy and saw him writhing on the ground due to some of the mods I have, I was hit by the sudden realization of how fucked up what I was doing was. I literally felt sick and like I had done something very wrong because I shot someone in a video game.
>>
>>32943872
Happed to me in Rust for a few times.
He'll. I had a psychological death in Rust from dying in game.
>>
>>32943921
>He'll. I had a psychological death in Rust from dying in game.
Story?

To an extent I think these "games" are like portals to other places.
>>
>>32943872
>Does violence in video games carry similar karmic energy to real world violence?
No, but if you play to kill with an aggressive mindset, then it can lower the bar for your mind to re-enact those actions IRL if a right (or wrong) situation arises

Playing for fun (strategy, teamwork, etc.) doesn't have that effect
>>
no.becease its a computer game. its not even serious unlesit kills peoplein real life then the karmic stuff happens but, generally?

no.
BUT DOESN'T make you feel any better or good about it.
but then again most people are too insenitive to understand why its wrong even daemons are too retarded to get it.
>>
>>32943872
God gets more triggered when I play farming simulators and city builders than he does when I play violent video games. "karma" just means things that God feels justified to intervene harmfully in my life for, and he feels more justified intervening harmfully in my life if I play farming simulators and city builders and simulation games in general like dwarf fortress than he does when I play violent games like counterstrike or planetside
>>
>>32943872
>I was hit by the sudden realization of how fucked up what I was doing was. I literally felt sick
good
you should avoid unnecessary violence
but no its not as bad as real life
>>
File: Jack.jpg (744 KB, 2048x1427)
744 KB
744 KB JPG
>>32943872
Not directly, but indirectly yes, it does

It basically desensitizes you and rewards the feeling of killing somebody in the most realistic way possible with today's graphics capabilities

So close with what it's like in real life, along with the fact you are killing people from a "distance" which even further dehumanizes you and the experience/thought of murdering somebody
>>
>>32943872

Think about it...

Who is more likely to actually kill someone in real life, if given the chance?

Somebody who has never played ultra-violent and realistic video games, where you are rewarded for murdering people...

..or somebody who has, and for endless hours?

Kind of a no brainer, right?
>>
>>32944385
Isn't it well known science that having an outlet for our violent tendencies in the form of entertainment is a large reason we have as stable a society as we do now?

So the more eager to kill one will definitely be one who has not played videogames just by average.
>>
>>32943872
I hope so...
>>
File: download (53).jpg (7 KB, 259x194)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>32944385
The data literally shows the opposite of that.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/11/211105084110.htm
>>
>>32944395
Fuck your data.

Use your brain.
>>
>>32944391
Isn't it well known that mass-shootings and indiscriminate homicides have exponentially increased within the last decade?
>>
>>32943872
What mod was it?
>>
>>32944408
>feelings are more important than facts
You need to go back.
>>
>>32943872
I have felt this way more and more as I get older, makes me think about parents not wanting their kids playing violent games.
I just feel bad for a lot of game characters living in hellish world's trying to survive, it gives me anxiety thinking about their lives and about killing enemies and trying to survive yourself. It's hard because sometimes I don't want to play anything with conflict yet conflict is what makes the gameplay.
This usually only happens when I drink or smoke weed, started happening when I did shrooms almost 10 years ago and felt the reality of mortality. Everyone knows they will die, but to actually feel your mortality is something I realize many people don't go through until they're seniors if that
>>
>>32944385
right, yeah, you'd have to be a no-brainer to hold this position
>>
>>32943872
That's good. It means you're not desensitized completely. Mindset is important, but I simply cannot and will not play games with gratuitous violence for its own sake or play a role I disagree with - like being a criminal in GTA.
>>
>>32943872
No. Why?
Because you never kill anyone. In a MP game, those you kill get respawned in the next match. In a SP game, those you kill get respawned next time you start a new game. They never actually meet their end, only a temporary suspension of activity.
It's like being in Valhalla. Fight to the death every day, wake up in your bed and do it again the next day.
Now stop being a pussy.
>>
>>32944631
Trust the science! So how many boosters you got? Enough to redeem a rewards card?
>>
>>32944385
okay, what ever you say average 40 year old housewife from the 90s who lives under a rock.
>>
>>32943872
They're NPC's they have no karmic energy
Same goes for the real life NPC's would be nothing wrong if you kill them in a non depraved way.
The intention is what matters when it comes to NPC's
>>
Lol that is bad, it is just video game, You shouldn't take it seriously
>>
>>32944983
the real NPC is you
>>
>>32944412
Uh yeh lots of people have guns and the explosion of information available to people has never been more profound.
There are a lot of factors involved that lead to a school shooting and exactly one of them has ever had anything to do with videogames and it was Columbine and the game was fucking Doom

Videogames as the motivating factor for a shooting was a sleazy angle used by christians to gain social credits and to stir up controversy in a world they are rapidly becoming irrelevant in and so I'm not surprised to find this sentiment here where many of these ultra faggots have gone to proselytize their fear mongering
>>
>>32945124
You're only triggered because you yourself are the NPC
No other explanation for caring about robots
>>
>>32945358
this anon is correct

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.