[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1652099888273.png (122 KB, 656x632)
122 KB
122 KB PNG
Been watching a bunch of paranormal hunting videos lately. What do you think is valid hunting techniques vs scam techniques?

I think hunting in the dark is pointless. As some paranormal hunters claim that ghost use electricity to gain power so why turn off all the lights? Seems like they want to be scared of the unknown. Or ghost radio boxes. Have they bothered to check if the voices they hear match up to what radio station they were listening to at that time?
>>
>>32553346
I was part of like a ghost hunting crew in college. And we also did a lot of paranormal and occult stuff. My experience is that it's dependent on the person you take with you into the investigation. Certain people will provoke certain reactions. Others will repel reactions. There's some kind of interplay going on there. Subjectively speaking, if you're just looking for personal experiences so you can personally explore the paranormal, my recommendation is to focus on the human aspect of it. Find someone who is a medium, or a clairvoyant. You may be able to find physical mediums or mental mediums. If you can find physical mediums, that's when shit will become really scary. That's when the "poltergeist activity" will happen. That shit is cool. That's when you'll see apparitions and things moving and hearing voices, and getting stuff thrown at you. I have some personal history of physical mediumship, esp when I was younger, but there was this one dude I knew in college and anywhere you took him basically physical shit would go down. Stuff would go flying around. You'd hear voices. See full blown apparitions

IMO this stuff wasn't coming from the places so much as it was from him. Or from his mental, psychic interaction with those places
>>
>>32553346
>>32553376
And also I would say there were more people than there were not who were the sorts that if you took them with you anywhere they were a total cooler. Nothing paranormal would happen. It was like they just were antifreeze to paranormal heat or something. So it's some kind of psychic melding and psychic mesh. It's important to find good people to do this with. It's hard sometimes though because it's not the most popular passtime. However, IMO the people most interested in these things are also the people who most will produce the most significant poltergeist activity and other such experiences
>>
I have inquiries about how ghosts manifest; is it they stick around places where they lived and dwelled, or where they perished?

If the latter, people should be going to Somme and capitalizing on the MILLION dead in a relatively small space.

Another interest to me is the difference between demons and ghosts, since I believe ghosts can't do "active" haunting and are basically phantasmal video recordings.
>>
>>32553388
interesting...so do these people have a gift or because of their sheer will of seeing the paranormal that these activities amplify?

>>32553397
I think its because of traumatic experiences that these ghosts stay around. I mean with that logic then the whole world should be haunted since humans have died tragically for centuries. Like you only hear ghosts from 1300s but never ghosts from 10000BC. Curious on what triggers ghosts to stay where they are
>>
>>32553448
>interesting...so do these people have a gift or because of their sheer will of seeing the paranormal that these activities amplify?
You know I really wouldn't know. In practice I just thought of it as like chemistry. You take one element, a person, and you introduce it into a group of other elements (the supposedly haunted place) and a chemical reaction of sorts happens. But I don't know if those people have a "gift" or if they're psychically incontinent or something. Another thing to say is a lot of the people who attracted the most activity were real tortured people. I mean real tortured. Deeply involved in substance abuse and addiction and lot of real base, carnal stuff. I wouldn't exactly call them spiritual people necessarily even (though they did have immense interests in the ghost hunting and occult)
>>
>>32553596
so minds that have been exposed to the darkest parts of it have a better chance of experiencing/attracting paranormal activity? Like a magnet to negative energy in a way
>>
>>32553617
Uh I don't know about that. You're imputing a lot of things to it that I'm not saying. That stuff you're saying may be true but I've never seen any reason to believe that. A lot of really positively-oriented people have paranormal experiences too. And I think probably almost everyone has been exposed to the "darkest parts" of life, as those parts of life are all around us and immutable and not really avoidable, sadly
>>
>>32553630
>>32553617
>Uh I don't know about that. You're imputing a lot of things to it that I'm not saying. That stuff you're saying may be true but I've never seen any reason to believe that. A lot of really positively-oriented people have paranormal experiences too. And I think probably almost everyone has been exposed to the "darkest parts" of life, as those parts of life are all around us and immutable and not really avoidable, sadly
Oh shit I just had an idea about it BTW, after I posted this comment above. It just occurred to me that all of the places I was going to with these people were like "negatively haunted", you know? They weren't full of positive spiritual activity, but negative stuff. And so taking these people who were tormented and twisted and really carnal or even depraved to these places may have mixed those two elements together in such way that it produced all of that activity. Now I don't KNOW that's what was going on. But that's something that just occurred to me right there looking back on things
>>
>>32553630
sleep deprivation sorry lol I'm on 20 hours so sometimes my mind fills in things. So essentially those people were like a negative magnet? It would be interesting to think that positive people can attractive positive activity. Helpful spirits to those of healthy minds.
>>
>>32553665
I'm really not sure anon. I really don't have any of the answers. Only more questions. Anyway yeah I know all about sleep deprivation. I only sleep like 2-4 hours a night and I'm gonna try to catch a few now so goodnight
>>
>>32553346
Watch Hellier on youtube is a show that cover a lot of cool technics
>>
>>32553346
Just watched Demon House a few hours ago. Absolute waste of 90 minutes. Not saying there is no merit to ghost hunting, but since it was topical I wanted to complain.
>>
>>32553346
paranormal hunting is a scam...period. There are no devices that will allow you to speak with the dead, no special cameras to view spirits. It's all a lie. A very lucrative lie by the way.
>>
>>32553448
>Like you only hear ghosts from 1300s but never ghosts from 10000BC.
Well, maybe you technically do, but maybe their spirits are so old they've decayed or become weaker over time. Smashing, throwing and displacing things as a poltergeist would do is a very caveman like thing to do.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.