[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1656480335997.jpg (41 KB, 350x525)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
Assuming reincarnation were true, wouldn't knowing your past lives be really important? Wouldn't you want to keep a continuation of your previous incarnations and not just have them fade away into oblivion?
>>
>>32552620
that picture looks dope
and I assume if you knew your past life you'd cheat your way into elevated states of existence.
by removing your previous memory, you're more likely to act based on innate learned/characteristic matured from previous lives.

Think about this,
a truly sadistic and evil being reincarnates once and keeps his memories. he realizes that he can get to a higher plane of existence by simply doing the right things, but it isn't truly in his heart.
Once he reaches the level he wants, he now unleashes his plan and tries to poison the higher plane, causing a plethora of souls to fall with him?

I look at the removal of previous life history/memories as a safe guard to prevent negative souls from elevating until they sincerely elevate their negativity into positivity.
>>
>>32552637
I guess that makes sense but I would rather have all of my memories. That would be cool.
>>
>>32552652
yea but if what I said is true (and to be clear, I don't know if I am correct. this is just what I think makes sense to me) then giving You your memories would be akin to cheating in a sense.
Although some people have done past life regression and have obtained some of their past lives, I believe this safeguard is the most beneficial to life in higher realms.
You don't want savages coming into your house if they are going to wreck the place.
>>
>>32552652
>I would rather have all of my memories.
>baby is traumatized by events from this life
>he thinks he can handle multiple life's worth of trauma
you'd be crippled
the reason memory of past lives doesn't open to you until you realize self love
you can't handle it
>>
>>32552620
>wouldn't knowing your past lives be really important?
that happens as a byproduct of liberation, as the only thing that can recollect past lives is the soul, which is the thing that allows and "has" memory to begin with, when you de-subjectify enough and the more self similar to the soul (citta) you are, through anamnesys or recollection, the more past lives emerge.
>>
>>32552620
Apparently it's an attachment to Earth and a way for you to understand that you can't be God. God can KEEP all his memories in a human form. Apparently I can't though.
>>
File: 1627969713149.gif (1.93 MB, 500x500)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB GIF
>>32552637
>he realizes that he can get to a higher plane of existence by simply doing the right things

thats exactly what happened to me, but im not evil, i just remembered things and life seemed weird, like being new to all this.

now i am just waiting for someone to come and pick me cause i can see them,
>>
>>32552620
Of course it would, op.
It would be essential, not just important.
This is why all theories regarding that subject are are faulty, except for one.
The one where this is a reincarnation prison matrix in which we are tricked by what you wrote to return again and again.
The purpose of which is to provide energy/loosh to our captors/overlords. For some unknown reason, apparently negative energy caused by suffering seems to provide the best sustenance/food for them. They may just feed off all emotion somehow though.
It's such a bleak and hopeless theory about our existence however. I hope it's incomplete or just outright incorrect, but fuck if it doesn't explain things very very well.
>>
>>32552806
I remember telling my mom about my previous family. I missed my former kids and my wife and I wanted to see them. That wasn’t traumatizing, but my parents told me that this is made up or didn’t even care, which was disappointing und disrespectful.
>>
>>32552620
By knowing your current life you can easily understand your past lives, whether they be slices, amalgamations or psychically related everything about you in one state refers to all previous and future states. That is the point of dependent origination.

Just because I can see my past lives does not mean I remember them (because memory dies with the organism.) However I can see the people I've interacted with and known, as well as understand the flow of things that are inter-related to other lives I've lived.
>>
File: 1651595682626.jpg (685 KB, 900x971)
685 KB
685 KB JPG
>>32552637
>he wants, he now unleashes his plan
Why doesn't this work down here? Can hostile takeovers happen outta nowhere and is no one watching it?
Security through obscurity is botched. Hearts turn just easy high or low when the wrong or right news arrives. You need both thought and emotion to be developed.
>>
>>32552637
>he realizes that he can get to a higher plane of existence by simply doing the right things, but it isn't truly in his heart
That's not how it works. Karma is predicated on self perception as much as anything else. You must be earnest and true to yourself in what you do, you can't cheat your way into evolving spiritually lmao
>>
File: 1658914770105786.jpg (72 KB, 1424x1080)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>32553978
scotland yard helping a swiss banker to get out cemitery after a night of jewish festivities
>>
>>32552620
Personally I think it would just be counterproductive. The finality of life is what gives people drive and make them strive for meaning. If you could remember your previous existence by all intent and purposes you'd be operating as a immortal being. Imagine how the world would be if everyone knew for sure death means nothing and you just switch bodies once you die and nothing that you do has any lasting impact. The world would turn into a cesspool of degeneracy and filth like you couldn't even imagine, death and the resetting of consciousness is one of the few things that hold people half decent.
>>
>>32552620
God has already made it clear that he would have forced me to live shitty lives no matter what so if reincarnation is real all of my past lives would have just been full of horrible suffering so remembering them wouldn't really be positive.
>>
>>32552620
In order to come back you have to agree to forget but believe it or not a lot of people do remember their past lives. So assuming is out of the question, people actually do remember and they are not assuming they remember, they remember. Most of us don't remember because if you knew your past lives you'd be too focused on the past and it would take away from the present life at hand. You'd be too consumed with trying to avenge the past for wrongs done to you. The present life must be taken seriously, not remembering your past incarnations gives you the opportunity to start fresh with a clean new slate.
>>
>>32552620
Nope.
That would destroy the desired novelty of each life.
You wouldn't be able to pretend to be the center of existence and try to enjoy this material realm if you could remember the trillions of times you've already done this and how it never ever works.

This realm is not meant to teach you anything.
It is meant to indulge your brief desire for separation and independence.
>>
>>32552620
You do remember it, which is why children cry endlessly at birth and as infants whenever they wake up, and why kids constantly try to kill themselves. Eventually we forget because the trauma is too great.
>>
Questioner: Specifically, I am trying to grasp an understanding first of the process of experience in third density before the veil so that I can [have a] better understanding of the present process. Now, as I understand it, the mind/body/spirit complexes went through the process of what we call physical incarnation in this density but there was no forgetting. What was the benefit or purpose of the physical incarnation when there was no forgetting?

Ra: I am Ra. The purpose of incarnation in third density is to learn the ways of love.

Ra: I am Ra. Consider, if you will, the tendency of those who are divinely happy, as you call this distortion, to have little urge to alter or better their condition. Such is the result of the mind/body/spirit which is not complex. There is the possibility of love of other-selves and service to other-selves, but there is the overwhelming awareness of the Creator in the self. The connection with the Creator is that of the umbilical cord. The security is total. Therefore, no love is terribly important; no pain terribly frightening; no effort, therefore, is made to serve for love or to benefit from fear.

In other words, without the veil of forgetting, you would not only be aware of your past lives, but your inseparable connection to The All. Understanding from birth that we are all One would mean that everything you experience in this life, or any life, wouldn't be such a big deal. Meaning it would lack the strength in emotional experience to push you to grow and learn.

If you want to learn more, research The Law of One. It's so funny how many questions on here can be answered by these writings... which were channeled from an E.T far more evolved than us, so they know what they're talking about.
>>
Satan has a human body that retains all of Satan's knowledge. Our view of the body is incorrect (the body and mind grow together). How could a body already have a grown mind?
>>
>>32552620
>wouldn't knowing your past lives be really important?
Not really.
Most people if they could remember a past life they would attach themselves to that life instead of living and growing in their new one.
The progress made by your past lives is shown by your interests, inclinations and talents you have in your current life.
>>
>>32553994
You're entitled to have your own opinion.
This is my opinion.
>>
>>32554012
On the contrary. Think of how the boomers developed policies that only suit themselves, or how billionaires fuck up the planet without caring because they won't live long enough to see the consequences, or even how politicians take bribes against their country's self-interests. If we all knew we were stuck here for the long term, we would want to maintain a long-lasting happiness. You would be a lot kinder to strangers if you knew one of them could be you.
>>
>>32552620
Nobody can determine a line of past lives, because there is none to follow, but rather an infinite possibility considering how variant and interconnected the universe is, and how we are all God with our consciousness.
>>
>>32552620
Life is a closed System; hence why no one has access to such memories. (Some /might/, given that our world is far from bug-free; but take anyone's claims with a shot glass of salt.)
>>
>>32552620
We do remember. Its the nature vs nurture. We learn from our past lives and bring that lesson subconsciously into the new one. That's how two people from the same kinds of environment can come out completely different.
>>
>>32552620
The game
>>
>>32552620
Supposedly through meditation you can know about your past lives
>>
>>32557375
Also another thing to consider is did you remember what you did last week, last month, how much do you remember from your childhood? Do you remember anything as a baby? All these things led to the "you" now yet you don't have perfect recollection of them do you? Hell do you even remember what you were thinking about 10 mins ago? Especially as a baby, very critical years to your development yet you don't remember any of it, rebirth is much the same way, did your personality spawn out of nowhere, or was your personality dependent on causes and conditions such as how you were raised, do you recall all these moments? And these go for other inclinations, would not rebirth be the same? Everything in fact is dependently originated, your personality, your inclinations, etc.
>>
>>32553939

An interesting point.
I recently met a girl and felt judgmental of her immediately.
Upon speaking with her, I basically fell into instant infatuation (which rarely ever happens to me even when it is developed). I felt an immediate connection and she did too, and I could tell.

And I keep thinking of her, but she lost her job.
I'm hoping synchronicity might bring her back to me that I might explore this further.

I just found your comment interesting because in my experience, when I encounter people I know across many existences in an intimate way, I feel it deeply and immediately, and I can tell that they do too. Even if they can not recognize it for what it is.
>>
>>32552620
Knowing life never really ends would be pretty shitty. So many people are tired of life. If they suddenly knew that it literally never ends and death means waking up in another body, all of society and civilization would collapse. Not knowing is the reason we take this life seriously. We would be less likely to stick around during unpleasant incarnations if we knew we would reincarnate, and we might never learn the lessons we need to from those unpleasant incarnations.
>>
>>32552620
those people weren't you they just tapped into whatever "frequency" your physical form has tapped into as well. you will disappear like how a tree becomes a chair becomes ash in a fire. none of the past lives were you. reincarnation is stained glass reflected by mirrors. your body is the mirror, your soul is the stained glass. but the light only has one source. none of them are "you." some mirrors reflect the same stained glass, perhaps even while you are still alive. none of them are you. the mirrors will be smashed. the glass will be shattered. all that will endure is the light.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.