[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: choose.jpg (10 KB, 225x225)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
Where do your thoughts come from? How do you know they're your thoughts? Why do you think you're 4chan? Who gave you that thought to come on 4chan?

You think you choose the shirt but guess what, maybe it was the only choice. Maybe you had 3 choices but 1 was too small and the other was stained with juice stains all over it. The one you choose had nice material and it was a nice color.

Even if you can see your thoughts are scripted, which thoughts are the real you and which thoughts are the scripted avataric you. When you have 3 choices and 2 of them are cancelled out for obvious reasons, are you really making a choice?

I can see that my thoughts can be scripted. There appears a real me with my own authentic thoughts. I can SEE how my choices are manipulated, so really, they are not really choices, 'cause IT knows ultimately, you'll choose the shirt it wants you to choose lol
>>
>>31843749
Life is an eternal battle for control
>>
>>31843880
I dig that, but ultimately are you REALLY EVER IN CONTROL????
>>
>>31843880
And the only way you win is by losing the need to battle control.
>>
>>31843749
If my thoughts aren't my own then why does the demiurge constantly terrorize, harass, and impose consequences on me for my thoughts?
>>
>>31843749
>here do your thoughts come from? How do you know they're your thoughts?
I just know
/thread

Deterministic retards don't belong on this board
>>
>>31843749
Why don't you just lay down and die then? It sounds like you have everything figured out, and that nothing really matters right?
>>
>>31843749
this line of thinking is retarded because ultimately the thoughts have to come from SOMEWHERE and have to alter SOMEHOW
>>
>>31843749
Even if hard determinism is a correct stance, you can't live your life thinking about it. You become just a passive observer. On the other hand, if it is correct, your ability to let it go or not is already predetermined by your past.
And why do you want it to be "yours", anyway? Stop kissing the mirror. Look out the window. More fun.
>>
hii!!! hello!!
>>
>>31845624
You made a decision to post here, I don't think you're offering anyone a choice by doing so. What is important?
>>
Determinists are intrinsically weak. Always looking for a way to explain away their own agency.
>>
>>31843749
Everything will happen, everytime I still be the master of my choice. How you chosen to remember an experience is as important as the experience itself.
>>
>>31843749
Mad scientist drowned rats to see how long they would last, most gave up within minutes, Then they "rescued" one, then put it back in the water - they lasted hours because of the hope they received from being "rescued"!
>>
>>31843749
Where does the outside world come from? How do I know it's real? Why do I appear to be sitting in a chair?

Materialism is cringe.
>>
Underneath all the cruelty, the racism and the violence that permeate the fundamentalist western jew controlled world is the fear that people must believe, and this belief may come from religion or it may come from some magical tribal invocation. There are some sincere Christians who seek to reform their religion by transforming it into an inclusive and compassionate social creed. There are some Jews who think they are on a mission to help humanity for the better. But by the same token, the West must insist that the creation of new deities be prevented. And also, it must insist that the planet be allowed to go through natural processes and to recover before we attempt to radically alter the entire earthly ecology.
>>
>>31843749
The current human condition is that the ego's of humans have been taken over by fake ego's (demons). That's why everyone is evil and insane. That's why everything is upside down.
>>
>>31847149
Wrong way round pal. Determinists are strong enough to accept both the empirical evidence and the rationale that follows for what it is - reality - and get over it, continue experiencing life.

Its those that can't accept the idea that they aren't special that are weak. Those who just 'know' that the matter which makes up their brain is somehow different to the matter which makes up the rest of entire universe, isn't subject to the same rules as everything else - having to make up silly alternatives to the bleak reality that every so-called 'decision' they make is just a product of physical laws and chemical reactions, same as everything else. Because when the illusion is broken and it becomes clear that, no, they haven't established their will over the universe or other people, that they are in-fact at best a passive observer, their giant egos collapse. Weak indeed.

Get a grip, stop believing in fairytales written 1000's of years ago by people who knew fuck all about anything and accept that you are, unfortunately, just another piece of shit stuck to the bottom of the universe's shoe.
>>
>>31849778
>Get a grip, stop believing in fairytales written 1000's of years ago by people who knew fuck all about anything and accept that you are, unfortunately, just another piece of shit stuck to the bottom of the universe's shoe.
Why would you care to tell him that? Why would you even post anything?
>>
>>31849826
Why does he feel the need to assert the opposite?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.