[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: RZqMA0.png (223 KB, 796x597)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
Usual post, I guess. What are some /x/ games you recommend? Apart from Deus Ex and similars.
>>
>>30761054
Shin Megami Tensei baby, it’s pretty much the most /x/ series

Also, bible black and umineko
>>
>>30761054
Depends exactly what you're looking for, but I found Alien: Isolation to be a really accurate representation of the spooks that the original movie gave, and it's got maybe 3 or 4 scripted moments. The entire game is carefully hiding and sneaking as a very skilled predator (that you are 100% incapable of harming) hunts you endlessly, very fun nightmares come from this game too :D
>>
>>30761124
Ah, and let’s not forget castlevania of course
>>
Can anyone recommend games that are less old-/x/ themed (monsters, horror, etc.) and more new-/x/ themed (spiritual/religious, metaphysical, etc.)? I think SMT hits the nail on the head for this, but I'm looking for something different.
>>
>>30761169
What games are a mix?
>>
>>30761184
Know that I think of it, probably vampire the masquerade
>>30761169
The tabletop is a far better experience, but I think there is technically a video game based on Ars Magica that’s more of a vn
>>
>>30761169
Oh yeah, and I heard Morrowind is like that
>>
>>30761169
If you want something different, try Lilith Zone's games. Strange and dreamlike, also read his writings on his old site. This is his site.

https://cicadamarionette.com/

"all these dark underworld spaces- going to the mall at night feels like being trapped in a labyrinth- populated by grotesque forms and aimless ghosts wandering about, isolated from the surrounding world. something sheltering about these artificial hell zones for me, but also potentially deadly. safe and dark and outside of any “real world” but it’s been created for a purpose, and i can hardly comprehend what it would be- short of anything malicious."
>>
>>30761169
New wave nazi x is a falsehood created by Pol and the CIA.
>>
>>30761213
*now
>>
File: maxresdefault (28).jpg (136 KB, 1280x720)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>
>>30761221
Will have to give this a check later, thanks anon.
>>30761281
This is a great one that is kind of the theme I was going for here >>30761169 as well.
>>30761219
Still haven't gotten around to doing a full playthrough of Morrowind but I always enjoyed reading the lore in Oblivion and Skyrim.
I'd really love to make my own game at some point that is super simple on the outside but that eventually derives into a nuanced philosophical view a la Hermeticism.
>>
>>30761169
I heard cruelty squad has metaphysical stuff but i never played it
>>
not your usual /x/ game but Red Dead Redemption 2. it has some really weird stuff going on in the woods and swamps at night involving the inbred clans and the indian spirits.
>>
Crypt Worlds
>>
>>30761579
i really like it :)
>>30761682
that game is spoopy with extra paranormal and strangeness sometimes and it's all around just a really good game
>>
Silent Hill 2
>>
Second Life
a bigger collection of weirdos and schizos you will not find outside of /x/
but these freaks indulge in all sorts of weird rituals, secret meets and satanic fuckery. go mingle with them from the safety of your own gamepad
>>
File: 9j2L5lc.jpg (98 KB, 1091x1117)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
Play Suda51's Killer 7
>maniacal laughter everywhere
>surreal cell shaded style
>story revolves around main character(s) fighting against terrorist organization called the HEAVEN'S SMILE
>evolves into a giant conspiracy between Japan and the US Government's Department of Education farming gifted children (GATE)
>"Harman, the size of the world has changed. It's changed to the size where you can control it with your hand just like a PDA. The world will keep getting smaller..."
>>
>>30761054
The Mystery of Epstein Island
>>
>>30761054
Harvester
>>
>>30761281
This and Alan wake are pretty good
>>
imo it's unironically the Fallout games. The Followers of Atom before they were made into generic schizoid cultists believed that the universe was split when the first atom bomb was dropped, you have the US government experimenting with genetically engineered viruses designed to alter the DNA of any species and or being made to target certain ethnic groups, Big Mountain experimenting with all kinds of weird esoteric technologies, and the absolutely fucked up social engineering experiments that go on within the scattered Vaults. I wish 4 played up more with the social engineering element of Fallout instead of having to rely on the "QUIRKY AND ABSOLUTELY INSANE INSTITUTE WHO ARE EVIL FOR NO REASON" dynamic.
>>
>>30761702
Who is this semen demon?
>>
>>30761682
>>30761743
oh also the whole deformed town yelling about the cursed lake/water and Arthur trying to tell them it's a mining company poisoning the water :3
>>
File: kg1.jpg (5 KB, 259x194)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>30761169
Kowloons Gate, a japanese adventure game for the PSX.

is about negative feng-shui bringing back the Kowloon walled city to the real world and the mc has to send it back to the realm of yin. Pretty weird looking and uses the concepts of feng shui, interesting mix of cyberpunk and paranormal concepts. I dont think theres an english patch tho, the game was planned for an english release but it never happened so is japanese only. Theres some playstation vr thing about it but i dont know if is avaible in america or if its an actual adaptation of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEgBswY6_tk

Garage: Bad Dream Adventure

You are a guy trapped in a weird world called Garage, a dilapidated industrial shanty town suspended over a sea of sewage and inhabitated by weird mechanical creatures that look like fetuses. The game is about trying to escape the world by meeting characters who may help you, upgrading your body and finding stuff that reminds you of who you are. The health system is called ego and if you run out of it the npc's kill you since you dont look like one of them to them anymore. No jumpscares nor spooky monsters, just a weird wolrd that imo nails the atmosphere of a nightmare, a weird world with its own internal logic that is more depressing than scary.
Was lost media for a while but it was found and recently localized, mobile only tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F8eT8oNpT0

Hellnight (Dark Messiah in japan)

You are a japanese guy taking the subway when it suddenly derails. Starts out as an standard horror game where you are running away from a weird mutant monster but gets weird really fast when you encounter underground colonies and stuff about an end of the world prophecy. You can get different companions thru the game and the ending depends on which you finished the game with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLmYeFrmdco

These are some i remmeber from the top of my head.
>>
>>30761054
Any game could be /x/. The /x/ aspect may just be under so many layers of symbolism you didn't pick up on it.
>>
>>30761169
The You Testament
>>
>>30761054
Cruelty Squad
>>
>>30761054
Single player Minecraft can get quite eerie, especially on older versions
>>
>>30761169
Kung fu Jesus
>>
>>30766660
Thank you, anon. These sound really cool.

Also blessed quads
>>
>>30761682
The Roanoke and Bayou Nwa areas could both be their own standalone horror games if they were more fleshed out. Really well done.
>>
>>30761169
Fatal Frame, duh
>>
>>30766660
I've never played Kowloon's Gate and Hellnight myself but they've always scared they shit out of me
>>
File: fda.jpg (103 KB, 680x587)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>30767696
based

MediEvil, RE1, & Silent Hill on PS1 were my favorites as well. Modern horror is trash
>>
>>30761124
What's picrel?
>>
mount and blade, i cant stop playing this game
>>
>>30767762
SMT 2
>>
>>30767945
Thank you
>>
>>30761169
Pathologic, if you can survive the jank
>>
File: downloadfile-31.jpg (6 KB, 285x160)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
Limbo was pretty fun. Its a completely black and white side scroller(like old school Mario with the pipes and the flags, but spooky as fuck) with random shit like "OMG I'm going to drown" and "the giant spider wears my corpse as a hood ornament now..." Its a puzzle game, I won't ruin the plot for you.

I think its like five bucks on Steam, worth every penny.

There's another one on the tip of my tongue, I forget what its called...
>>
File: metatron speaks.jpg (16 KB, 295x342)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>30761124
My nigger.
>>
>>30761221
Crypt Worlds is a fun trip. I played it a while back.
>>
>>30767728
MediEvil was absolutely my shit back in the days. The PS1 original and then the PSP remake, I liked both. Souls games of my childhood
>Silent Hill
I probably shouldn't have played it when I was 7, one of the many reasons my brain is completely fried now
>>
>>30761169
Enderal a high quality modification of Skyrim
also Enderal >>>>>>>>>>>>> sk*rim
>>
>>30768024
That games still gives me the creeps
>>
Star Ocean: Till the end of time.
Metal Gear Solid:2: Sons of Liberty.
Dumgepms & Dragons: Sega Genesis
>>
File: 1641913801383.jpg (2.16 MB, 2100x4235)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB JPG
>>30761054
>S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
>Resident Evil
I'd suggest 7 or 2 Remake
>I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
>The Evil Within
>Alan Wake
>Half Life, also 2
>SOMA
>>
>>30761128
You should see how much work went into making it seem like the classic 80s feel in the intro. I tried finding it but no luck on mobile.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (21 KB, 676x380)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>30768024
You really should check out the next project they put out called Inside. I thought it was miles ahead of Limbo.
>>
>>30761124
Too bad there is no official fucking translation outside an old, long delisted iOS port of the GBA version with an improved OST.

>>30761054
Anyways, Fallout 2 is great! If only I'd stop fucking up and having to restart my runs.
>>
>>
>>30768431
> S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
The film is pretty /x/
>>
File: r_rJkS.png (1.6 MB, 1920x1080)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB PNG
https://selfishdream.itch.io/

Found this in an iceberg thread, many games about pretty morbid stuff like suicide and abuse, lots of hidden arg shit too
>>
File: EtqmuFNUcAE6Qmo.jpg (187 KB, 1920x1080)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>30770952
>film
>>
File: noir.jpg (22 KB, 480x360)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
Welcome to the Game 2
>>
>>30771582
What the fuck did you mean by this? The film is way above anything in the videogame, it’s an important influential piece of art while the game is just a game. Don’t try to argue this, you’ll embarrass yourself.
>>
>>30769187
That's the game I was trying to think of! They put in a bit of color, a bit of 3D, and they put in people. Probably one of the scariest things you might encounter on this planet are other people, and when they're doing paranormal shit things can get pretty nervewracking pretty fast, which they certainly did for me. I think the mermaid was the most anxiety inducing part of it all for me.
>>
>>30771833
Movie?
>>
File: floor 13.png (65 KB, 640x480)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>30767466
Np, here are some more that i remembered

Floor 13, for DOS and Amiga

Glowie simulator, why fight the corrupt elite when you can work for them?. You are the director of a phony goverment branch that actually organizes smear campaings, subversion plots and assasinations against dissidents and enemy political parties. The game is kind of an spiritual predecesor to Papers Please in that gameplay is based around filling paperwork and keeping track on how things are going instead of actually carrying out missions yourself. Theres also some conspiracy plots since your character is the member of a secret society with origins tracing back to ancient egypt, some missions can be quite far-out like killing aliens disguised as humans but hey this is /x/ so maybe you actually believe goverments do that on a daily basis anyways. Theres a remake(?) on steam but it doesnt seem to be pretty good according to user reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZqS1T7_Vj0

Baroque, Saturn, PSX, PS2, Wii, Switch

Some weird experiment to understand the nature of god goes wrong and turns the world into a wasteland and mutates people into surreal creatures. A roguelike that plays kinda like the King's Field games where you must reach the bottom of the device that caused the end of the world called the Neuro Tower, when you die you actually progress the game's storyline. It has a remake for the PS2 and Wii, with the Wii version the one that was localized but they changed the eerie low res graphics and character designs into more standard anime looking ones and changed the perspective from first to third person, the switch port is the Saturn version with the more eerie graphics and atmosphere but is japan only. No english patch but theres a traslation of the game's script (google nerve tower neocities). Ironically someone used that traslated script to make a spanish patch for the PSX version, go figure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdXPF3PwLWc
>>
File: drowned god.jpg (574 KB, 2273x2560)
574 KB
574 KB JPG
>>30772598
comment too long, heres the third one i missed

Drowned God: Conspiracy of the Ages, PC

Adventure game kinda like Myst, uncover a conspiracy about aliens forguing history and aiding human evolution. You go thru different worlds each one being mergings of different time periods and solve puzzles to get artifacts relating to different conspiracy theories.

The author of the game and his wife died in mysterious and gruesome circumstances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFl5rKWlOS8
>>
>>30761054
>Games
Love Games?
>>
>>30761054
What gamevis this.
>>
>>30761054
For paranormal, psychological or spoops:
Phasmophobia (obviously)
The Forest
System Shock 2 (gameplay wise, space Deus Ex)
Singularity
STALKER franchise
Darkwood
Titanfall 2 (just for the time travel shenanigans in campaign)
I'll see if I can think of more
>>
File: haunted ps1 demo disc.jpg (218 KB, 970x546)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
Posted this in the /x/ video game thread yesterday cause I knew it flew under the radar for many people.

>Haunted PS1 Demo Disc

It's a collection of game demos made by a bunch of different indie devs. All made with classic PS1 style graphics.

The 2020 version has 17 demos
The 2021 version has 25 demos
enjoy
>>
>>30767146
The first time i head the dark cave noises back in the day i about shat myself.
>>
The Lost Crown -- ghost hunting game with a few creepy moments

Eternal Darkness -- Lovecraft inspired, a bit overrated but still not bad

Eversion -- sidescrolling platformer in which starts out in a cheerful world but have to keep shifting to increasingly darker versions of the world (kind of like in Monster Party, but more gradual) to get past some sections
>>
File: Worlds_0000.png (1.17 MB, 1707x979)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
>>30761813
worlds.com is similar although the people there are pretty nice, maybe a little autistic but a lot of them are from here i think
>>
The forest, on PC. Something about genocide and dismembering bodies and throwing them into fire pits, calms the soul.
>>
File: de.gif (2.08 MB, 800x450)
2.08 MB
2.08 MB GIF
Dream Emulator is extremely /x/ related.
Everybody should try it at least once. Play it 30-60 minutes before going to bed.
>>
Corpse Party (2021), We Happy Few, and Resident Evil 7 and 8.
>>
File: download.jpg (97 KB, 1024x576)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
Postal 2 has some tongue in cheek references. I'm well aware that most of the game is low brow violence shock value bullshit, but I think there's some creepy undertones.
>>
>>30771833
For some reason Marvel fans are really butthurt about the word 'film' and prefer 'movie'
>>
>>30771833
I think Anon is taking exception to the appellation "film". STALKER certainly is not a "movie". That implies Hollywood-cigar-chomping studio execs. Pretentious, maybe. But STALKER is definitely a FILM
>>
>>30776269
Inverse snobbery from MCU fans, I've heard it all now
>>
>>30767146
Based. The Alpha and early beta versions (2010 and 2011) right around the time of the Herobrine myth were spooky. The worlds felt a lot emptier, this was long before villages, strongholds, illagers, villagers, etc. all the shit that makes a Minecraft world feel lively.
I think it has the same logic behind it as a liminal space; we see a place where people should be inhabiting (in this case, the landscapes of a Minecraft world) but it's completely empty and it fucks with us.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.