[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: egodeath.jpg (26 KB, 320x180)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
Their goal is extinguishment of the self. Their goal is destruction and obliteration. Obliteration of the senses, obliteration of physical landscapes, obliteration of the soul self either through merging or reincarnation. Your identity is lost forever. You lose your body. Ego death is demonic.

Christianity allows you to help and serve others but keep your identity forever. Christian heaven is based on the Earth and you can be there forever without having to reincarnate or merge with an impersonal source. You get to keep your old identity but get a new spirit body where you look younger and better.
>>
Have you ever experienced ego death or something like reality shifting?
>>
>>30717614
Self is not to be removed.
Self is to be purified.
You have fallen into the Mayavadi trap.
For any true knower of the Vedas, merging into the Brahmajyotish is an abhorrent condition.
>>
>>30717948
Tell me more. Is merging into Brahmajyotish a punishment for people? Some new agers say that you have to do it.
>>
>>30717948
>Mayavadi trap.

I've been reading some about this.

"The Mayavadi philosophy is so dangerous. It is the Mayavadi philosophy that has created the godless materialism than now floods the world. Because the Mayavadis replace the transcendental beauty and attractiveness of Krishna and His pastimes with a void the people no longer find any attraction in spiritual life when it is described by the Mayavadis. So they have no alternative to increasing material sense gratification."

I agree. The idea we are all an illusion just makes you want to escape the spiritual world more. If everything is an illusion and your goal is to merge and lose identity, it's nihilistic and turns the material world as far better than the spiritual one.
>>
>>30717994
It's not a punishment, it's still escaping the suffering of birth, death, old age, and disease to be found in Maya.
But it is the liberation given to demons. When one is killed directly by God, they merge with God.
It is the liberation for one who has no knowledge of spiritual existence, and so would rather not exist than exist in the material realm that has suffering.
The soul may exist in this ego-less state for the lifetimes of many millions of universes, but it will eventually act again.
And without knowledge of spiritual existence, the soul will return again to material.
The Buddhists acknowledge this with their conception of liberated Buddhas choosing to return and help others out of compassion.
True liberation is the reawakening of the soul's eternal relationship with the Supreme Person.
Relationship means two.
There is no possibility of love, of intimacy without Love and Beloved.
Mayavadi "love" is masturbation.
>>
>>30718023
It's self-deception.
They want to be God, and so they do this in a roundabout fashion of saying "everyone is God".
In their conception, every self is a single self, we are all one.
But that one is "actually" their own personality.
That everyone is actually them, and they are not part of any other.
By saying "you are all Me", it's an passive-agressive announcement that Me is the center which all the yous rotate around.
>>
>>30718091
and it has no respect or love for others. You can't love others if they are all you. You can't respect their individual identities if you are all them. If everything is an illusion to them, it also eliminates right and wrong.
>>
>>30718053
I think it's also a test to resist it or not. If you don't resist, you are cosigned to that horrible fate. One woman who said everyone has to merge was a very selfish attorney yet claimed she was more enlightened and sent on a mission. She believes it is enlightenment that all is an illusion. She believes getting rid of physical landscapes and the creation to interact with is spiritual progress when it's really spiritual regress.

She speaks about judgement being gone but without judgement, you can't tell right from wrong. She speaks of love but there is no love without a separation and there is no love without a reality that it's based upon. You can't love if you are the only one there.
>>
>>30717614
>Their goal is destruction and obliteration.
>obliteration of the soul self either through merging or reincarnation
>Ego death is demonic.
We are in one of the hell realms of Samsara, and it is possible you are the demon trying to convince me that I will be rewarded an "afterlife" that does not exist in any communicable way.
>>
>>30717614
new age has some truth in it but most of it is just a larp
>>
No. You are completely wrong about everything.
>>
>>30717614
The self isn't "that" important, neither is ego death, and enlightenment. They have a use though. The ego dies, it dies all the time though usually you get a replacement. Even during moments of ego death there is still a sentient being, just with out the abstraction of identity, persona, facade, no matter how important it seemed to be before to your psychological cohesion, it's just a means of to an end, you can live without it, and more happily for sure. If you were acetic these would be only to reify practice, just visions forward. You shouldn't become overly attached to anything, including the ego, if you want an independent peace.
>>
>>30718134
>You can't love if you are the only one there.
And with this single sentence, the entire narrative is exposed. OP finds it impossible to love himself, and needs validation and attention from others.
>>
>>30717614
Xians worship a guy who shat himselff on the cross to prove he wasnt the sun of god, so that people would worship him backwards and you call the antichrist a horny devil cause he like idf babes
>>
>>30718327
You cannot love yourself without knowing yourself. If you present falsity of there not being a self, or misinformation of equating self with Superself, then there is no possibility of knowledge and no possibility of love.
>>
>>30718372
What is love.
>>
>>30718388
Acting for the pleasure of another without expectation of reward or reciprocation. Finding happiness in that person's enjoyment, even as the activity is distressful or not to your choosing.
>>
>>30717614
ego death is ignorance at best demonic at its worst.
Buddhism isn't about ego death, it's about recognising that you are not your ego, people twisted this.
>>
Why discuss the untouchable state of non existence or dare speak of something so incomprehensible as eternity?

Right now, we as humans are a tiny step away from grubs, just bairly having the faculty for self realization through will.

I suspect we will inhabit the many realms between nothingness and the current state for many "lives", if we don't matter, who cares, if we do matter, enjoy it, there is no right or wrong answer here.

We are just the infinite enjoying itself, however, play your role and enjoy the dance.
>>
>>30718416
That isn't love, that is acting for the Acting for the pleasure of another without expectation of reward or reciprocation. Finding happiness in that person's enjoyment, even as the activity is distressful or not to your choosing. This may be a symptom of love sure, but love is something that can express it's self in many ways. Love is an essential union with the other by the open heart that accepts them, making no other, now it's us that is love. In this finding a love for yourself at narcissistic delusion, there is no self to love. Because there is no self, and no self to unite with. We can however having emptied our hearts of delusion, as well we drop our selfish attachments that hide us from inner peace.
>>
File: a.png (1.67 MB, 1918x1118)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB PNG
>>30717614

anything thats asks you to give away your power is just another control mechanism

"new age" is no different that the alien "false father" god religions if they involve praying/meditating externally to a gurus or "ascended masters" or whatever...
>>
>>30718525
Buddha never said anything about giving up power, just that it's not somthing to attach to.
>>
>>30718485
>In this finding a love for yourself at narcissistic delusion, there is no self to love.
You are on posting on 4chan, you have not obliterated yet. I assure you I can slap the self back into, or just a few minutes tied to a chair with a pair of pliers and you would feel what it is like to be alive again.
>>
>>30718485
>In this finding a love for yourself at narcissistic delusion, there is no self to love
How do you know this?
>>
>>30717614
It would help if you had even a passing understanding of eastern religions. Buddhism rejects annihilationism. When did /x/ get so shit up with Christ posters?
>>
"Neither all, or not all."
"When you are neither the whole, nor not the whole..."
"'You' can love."
"When you are the whole, and not the whole..."
"'You' can love."
"Love is much more than pleasure."
"When you don't identify with your body..."
"When you don't identify with the whole..."
"To love the body, to love the whole..."
"Is to love another."
"When you transcend the world, and the world loves you... Do you love the world?"
"I hear it now, 'He who loves his life loses it.'"
"Why are you so attached to your life?"
"Two."
"What is with your rambling?"
"Thee."
"Something to think about."
"Thank you for your contribution."
>>
>>30718485
Is this a bot? Maybe it really doesn't have a self
>>
>>30718447
So new age is a demonic interpretation of Buddhism right and twisting what Buddha said around?
>>
>>30718327
Self-love without another person there is just narcissism. If everything is you, you are so self-absorbed you lose yourself and your self-identity.
>>
>>30719044
"Demonic interpretation" is a pretty histrionic way of describing it. New Age takes a lot of terminology from Dharmic religions that is either repurposed or entirely misunderstood. There's many reasons for this, one of which includes New Age's tendency to pick and choose ideas from various religions in order to patch together syncretic nonsense.
>>
>>30719060
"Flawed logic."
"N"
>>
>>30718485
>Love is an essential union with the other by the open heart that accepts them
Union is an action, and it as eternal one.
There is no "Now we are one so we stop uniting."
>there is no self to love
Nope.
>>
>>30719818
Complete loss of identity is devolution not evolution. It's a step backwards and evil.
>>
>>30719123
Loss of the self and thinking everything is an illusion is immoral. It's immoral and makes everything into a borg instead of a beautiful unique creation.
>>
>>30719828
I dont think it's a step backwards or evil. It's negation. It's the 0 to this world's -1 and the spiritual's +1. It's the idea that no action is better than wrong action, with no understanding that there can be right action. That no-self is better than temporary-self, with no understanding of eternal-self.
>>
>>30717614
oh look, a christcuck AND a schizo!

>Christian heaven is based on the Earth and you can be there forever without having to reincarnate or merge with an impersonal source.
you reading some palestinian lore and agreeing with other midwits on some Lord of The Rings tier desert mythology doesn't make it real
>>
>>30719875
Yes. Except to me, no action is evil. To me, no self is the evil, temporary self is in between, and eternal self is good. What philosophy is that?
>>
>>30717884
No that's why he made this thread. The ego is a collection of beliefs that are not yours, they are a the beliefs of a separate entity. Everything is an ego preservation tactic.
>>
File: throne.jpg (780 KB, 1991x800)
780 KB
780 KB JPG
>>30719889
Any spirit that asks you to merge with it forever or reincarnate without giving you a free space in the astral realm is evil. I'd rather be in hell than have to merge into a blob.

The visions in the book of Revelation and Ezekiel are far superior to anything some blob source can offer.
>>
>>30719916
Your beliefs are a big part of you and who you are. If you have no beliefs at all, you become a rock or tree. You become an insentient mess. The ability to believe in things and have ideals is what makes us who we are.
>>
>>30717948
>Self is to be purified.
No this is another ego preservation tactic. Purification means you have no demons and their respective beliefs in you, you return to the state of innocence as a child. But if you don't go to full ego death after this then you will reincarnate.
>>
>>30719933
As long as you go to Jesus nothing like that happens. Purification means being purified of sin or evil. It does not mean purification of whole identity.
>>
>>30719921
>Menorahs in heaven
I'd rather burn in fucking hell
>>
>>30719928
>If you have no beliefs at all, you become a rock or tree.
No you attain Reality instead of delusion. What you wrote above is just a common ego preservation tactic.
>Don't delete me! Ego is good!
Ego is maya.
>>
>>30717948
this. Ego death isn't real, I've meditated on 7 grams of psilocybin and I can say that all it does after is enhance my spirituality and clear out useless clutter in my mind day to day. Ego death is you allowing the experience to control you after it, it's almost like self induced PTSD. A fear of oneself, a fear of responsibility. In other words, tripping or meditating to a point of being selfless is just cope to not have to contribute in the modern world. Once 2nd earth comes into fruition, and all jobs are humanitarian based on the evolution and furthering of humankind - we'll see how many people feel like they don't have an ego kek. It's purely a response to living in a shit world, of course there are people that want to be egoless in a world that equates success to psychopathy. It's a way of subconsciously fighting against the system. Mediating for self actualization and vizualation purposed is based. Mushrooms in very conservative instances is also based as well. But self actualization should be the end goal, not ego death. It's another just Jewish trick.
>>
>>30719937
There's people here who are way ahead of you spiritually, you are still stuck in the religious/belief phase.
>>
>>30719955
Even if I wasn't religious, I'd still deeply value my identity. I will refuse to go along with anyone telling me my life is an illusion or that my identity is not my own. No, my soul is my own.
>>
>>30719950
There's no relationship with drugs and enlightenment, drugs are just another delusion to fall into so that you waste time not devoting yourself to actual practice and figuring out what the ego is, how it operates, what it wants, and finally you suspect that it's not you but a totally separate entity living its life through you.
>>
>>30719946
If you believe everything is a delusion or everything is a dream you are in a state of delusion where nothing matters. Loss of your personality is evil and so is loss of your own uniqueness. If everyone is one and everyone is the same, merging into a borg of information, that is hell not heaven.
>>
>>30719969
Well this conversation is about ego death so it's not really for you. And ego death has nothing to do with "not existing", you're confusing drug addicts and their false experiences (Leo Guru) with ego death earned by spiritual effort.
>>
>>30719982
You haven't experienced a taste of how natural and supremely good it is, you are just repeating what the ego tells you about ego death.
>>
>>30719933
Reincarnation is of no concern to the pure soul. If you are still seeing a difference between your existence and spiritual existence, then you are the one trapped by ego.
>>
>>30720008
It's not though. People just feel this false high of "love" while not sentient of the horror they are going through.
>>
>>30719969
>my soul is my own
You do not HAVE a soul.
You ARE a soul.
>>
>>30719978
I only bring up drugs because Terrance McKenna is the one who popularized the term ego death. It was always self actualization until he worked his Jewish magick. I agree drugs aren't needed at all, I just gave that example to show that I've done literally everything (((they))) say causes ego death - and yet, here I am with self, an actualized soul and happier than I've been in years. Ego death is a meme used to demoralize people from self actualization.
>>
>>30720032
>>
>>30720012
The soul is just another body the ego inhabits. The Spirit, which has no identity, is not a thing that comes and goes like the body and the soul.
>>
>>30720025
You're just assuming without experience, there is no use arguing about it. This is why the world is as it is, we're scared of what is the Supreme good, and love what is evil. Evil (maya, the ego) always pretends to protect you.
>>
>>30720032
It's just not related to drug-use at all, the ego death you experience with drugs is not authentic. And the term ego and killing the ego is ancient.
>>
>>30720086
A loss of identity, the loss of a physical landscape, the loss of creation is evil. A world without those things would be worse than the real world. You could have no autonomy at all, experience nothing at all except for searching some records, and have no identity or landscape. That's evil. The physical creation is good.
>>
>>30720077
Okay so you are the one who likes to go about trying to force everyone to use spirit instead of soul.
That is annpoying and a nonsequitor.
So now I will use the more accurate term of atma.
Atma is eternal self, atma is always with self.
Temporary ego is imposed upon atma, but so is the ultimately also temporary dissolution of ego.
>>
>>30720103
okay prove it then. Show me anything pre Terrance McKenna that mentions ego death.
>>
>>30719044
I think it's just an ignorant interpretation born from a lack of understanding in most cases.
But I've certainly seen some black magic users that push for the death of the ego in a sinister way.
>>
>>30720127
>Okay so you are the one who likes to go about trying to force everyone to use spirit instead of soul.
No not really since I don't post here much. But anyway you just have some intellectual knowledge of ego death without having any taste of it.
>>30720120
You don't lose those things, you lose the false personality (demon) that owns our minds, and as a result, you experience Reality without a demonic interpretation of it. This is why drugs are not allowed, because drugs invite and sustain demons in the mind, and when you take those drugs, you are experiencing a demon experiencing drugs, and when the demon experiences drugs, it attains as state of false-enlightenment or false ego death, since demons cannot experience ego death, they can only experience their own interpretations of reality which are all false.
>>
>>30720138
and evil spirits pretending to be sources of light also deceive people into this. They think OH LOOK AT THAT LOVE AND LIGHT without thinking of the implications.
>>
>>30720130
Are you kidding me? This goes before even Buddhism. Here is Ramana, who died in 1950, talking about thoughts, he refers to all thoughts as the ego.
>>
>>30720164
>without having any taste of it
Of course I dont. The state is abhorrent and a spiritual trap. You have no taste of anything truly spiritual, so you are content with your trap even as the contradictions pile up.
>>
>>30720179
>just turn your brain off, bro
Amazing how the advice he offers is the same advice given by people that want you to consume bad media.
>>
File: never_alone.jpg (167 KB, 1024x871)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>30717614
this is a fair description.
and a good reminder.
but damn if it isn't worth every ounce of suffering to have the mind free.
>>
>>30720190
It's really not because before you attain an actual taste of it you return to the bliss of a child, remember that quote in the Bible, "be as little children to get into the Kingdom of Heaven?"
>>
>>30720103
I don't really do drugs but the ego death I felt on trying weed was certainly very, can't put my finger on it, forced, artificial, unwholesome. It was like an imitation of happiness inside of me that I enjoyed in the moment but felt fairly bad after.
Would still like to take some stronger hallucinogens sometime.
>>
>>30720217
>the bliss of a child
You done seem to remember childhood. It is not blissful. Go ask children about their woes.
Ego death is an abhorrent and ultimately unnatural state for atma.
>>
>>30720217
exactly.
one must process / clean out the accumulated "bad data" for lack of better words to return to the innocence of perspective of that of childhood.
>>
>>30720201
He is speaking to a certain level of person who has already gone past religion and the new age, past deep intellectual thinking, book reading and philosophy, and then finally past nihilism and suicide. Ego death is for people who want the supreme truth, not their opinion on the truth. That's when the process of deconstructing beliefs (which are the ego) comes into play.
>>
>>30720223
it is the lack of accumulated conditioning.
not about woes.
>>
>>30720231
Truth has no meaning if you think everything is an illusion and everything is the same being. It's fundamentally nihilistic and evil.
>>
>>30720231
No, ego death is for those who have given up and have no understanding of spiritual existence.
>>30720238
Then you are even more foolish. Atmas in a child's body have no less conditioning.
>>
This topic couldn't be more wrong if it tried.

I'm Shinto.

No i'm not christian. No I won't become christian. Yes I'm Shinto. Yes I will reincarnate. Yes it's in Japan. Yes it's Shinto
>>
>>30720223
This isn't for you, don't bother with it. It takes a lifetime of devotion to figure out what the ego is and why it's troublesome.
>>30720229
Yeah, but you don't replace it with new information. You don't replace it with a new set of beliefs. The new age movement hijacked the term awakening to mean reading a lot of books, going down rabbit holes, and constructing a new awakened version of your ego. Original Awakening is deconstruction and finally ego death.
>>
>>30719842
"Flawed logic."
"Everything is everything."
"Regardless of what you have or think."
"I"
>>
>>30720251
Look I'm not going to reply much more to this thread, but what you think about ego death is:
>Not based on any experience
>Your ego's opinion on ego death. How your ego views ego death (false)
We're going around in circles.
>>
>>30719916
How do you know this?
>>
>>30720269
And if you go that route, it will take many millions more lifetimes to correct your mistake and understand spiritual ego.
But you do you, and keep up the contradictions.
>all one
>cept you, not for you
>>
>>30720269
Deconstruction and ego death leaves you brainless, without morals, without values.
>>
>>30720269
>You don't replace it with a new set of beliefs
reinterpretation is a natural pattern that exists throughout the universe.
it is how greater complexity is gained.
It is up to the practitioner to work the terminology backward to determine the intended meaning of words.
>>
To the anons who claim to have killed their ego, selfish desires, materialism - everything. let me ask you this, is it not a response to being depressed? you're not doing this because society sucks ass right now?
>>
>>30720258
your use of the word "foolish" highlights your inability to avoid generation of division.
>>
>>30720363
Division is not an issue unless you are stuck in the contradiction of monism. But you show your own hypocrisy trying to attack it.
>>
>>30720343
>>30720325
No because the process of going towards ego death deletes your false beliefs, schizophrenia, complexes, false interpretations, and you're left with a state of pure ego (innocence). After purity is reached, you go into ego-death which cannot really be explained with words, except to say it is the highest goodness and the highest benefit to all since it is Oneness (that word has been corrupted).
>>
>>30720363
This. The fact that they have a diametric mindset at all, imagine thinking you have made any progress when you're still thinking in me vs you terms. Objective reality upsets the false woke anon. Ego death is a meme, and due to cognitive dissonance they will never consider another point of view.
>>
>>30720359
Society will always suck, there is war and suffering everywhere even if you are well off. If you're posting here, chances are you're better off than 95% of the global population.
Realizing this sets you on the path so that you no longer see yourself as this separate individual whose only concern is survival and sensual pleasure.
>>
>>30720375
there is no such thing as ego death.
it is an imagining.
a method of creating division.
>>
>>30720359
Nobody here claims full ego death, I just experienced a taste of it without drugs and I encourage people to pursue it since the process is gradual, you get rid of everything evil in you first. It's not some sort of shock, you won't randomly experience ego death, it takes years usually.
>>
>>30720375
I'll be honest anon it sounds like you're using the ego death meme as a cope to deal with other issues in your life. covering up the reality of your situation with a larp basically, instead of addressing the issues at their core. You're projecting, many such cases.
>>
>>30720383
The truth can be stated simply.
In few and simple words.
But i agree, ego death is a method of creating division and nothing more.
>>
>>30720397
Uh sorry, to clarify, it took me years to get to the point of experiencing a taste of ego-death and what it is. Getting it permanently is only for the most serious people.
>>
>>30720392
society has not always sucked, that's just what you're lead to believe. The first step to any of this is admitting your feelings and emotions, why you feel that way and what's causing it. There has never in modern human history been a mass wide global mental health crisis like there is now. Not saying you should use that as a crutch, but understanding what specifically is causing you to want to delet ur ego and addressing it is the key. It's one the of steps to self actualization, which is your true, free form self with a life of purpose and value. Do you have all of that now? I know I sure don't.
>>
>>30717614
>change my mind
wha kina thing you tryna complish ere? you just wanna shit on, fo the lack o a bedda word, free thinkers, because your God made you slave by callin you a sinner piece o shit.
>>
>>30720403
Found the boomer.
>>
>>30720439
>addressing reality makes you a boomer
found the coping zoomer
>>
>>30720447
You're a Christian aren't you?
>>
>>30720453
nope
>>
>>30720463
I don't know which is worse, a boomer Christian or a boomer atheist.
>>
>>30720469
it would be you the creator of division.
>>
>>30720469
not an atheist either. why are you so obsessed with labeling everything? Oh wait you're a zoomer and it's hard wired into your brain from consooming Jewish media lies. many such cases.
>>
>>30717614
Correct.
Wrong.

New Age ego death is a complete dissolution of self, removing all protective barriers and allowing external influences to take hold.
Your identity does not exist in Heaven. That is a stupid concept. A man must die before he can truly know Christ. This can be seen as a transcendence, breaking free of the soma sema dynamic.
>>
>>30720493
>Your identity does not exist in Heaven
>A man must die before he can truly know Christ
How do you know these things or what they even exactly entail? Where is your source of knowledge, in other words?
>>
>>30720231
>Ego death is for people who want the supreme truth
>going past religion
They arent going to find it.
>>
>>30720493
>Your identity does not exist in Heaven.
The false ones, yes.
Your eternal identity is remembered.
Just like one who wakes from a dream.
>Oh, I was a man.
>Oh, I was a child.
>Oh, I was a plant.
But the temporary, dream identity fades, revealing the true, eternal identity.
>>
>>30720509
The Bible.
>>
>>30720513
they don't understand that Christ is the messiah and it doesn't go any further until the return. This is why there is so much hatred for him till this day, they're scared of the inevitable.
>>
>>30720529
Very well, you pass the evidential buck onto the Bible. How did the writers of the Bible know these things, whatever your personal interpretation (which itself is up for debate) may be? How do you know they had access to reality, and were not deceived? Or that it has not been edited or entirely crafted to mislead?
>>
>>30720493
Rare Christian that gets it. Though I will say that I do think there is a heaven but only people who get ego dissolution go there. They are referred to as The Immortals. It's where you will find everything that is good preserved there like Mozart, and it is just like this world but without the contradictions and stupidities like time and death and disease and having your property stolen because you left the door unlocked.
>>
>>30720544
I'll take the word of the Bible and its authors over that of new age conmen from the 20th century.
>>
File: ye.jpg (94 KB, 577x531)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>30717614
>ego death is demonic
>the thing where you forfeit negative and selfish emotions is demonic
lol ok bud, how was sunday school today?
>>
>>30720532
No actually I used to be Christian and then Muslim back in the 90's and early 2000's, I then abandoned religion never to go back. Since the goal is purification and then finally ego death.
>>
>>30720416
>self actualization, which is your true, free form self with a life of purpose and value
My purpose lies in helping others become free of what causes them misfortune and suffering, as I did myself.
I no longer identify with society or think it sucks, to me it doesn't matter anymore. But researching the NWO crap over a decade ago made me go into the spiritual path to resolve these issues.
>>
Does ego death mean I stop thinking till I die?
>>
>>30720545
Prolly need to pick a better more pure reference than Mozart. Good luck with your choice.
>>
>>30720582
It can't be described but in regards to the mind, it means you aren't a slave to thoughts anymore. You control the mind from that point on.
>>
>>30720582
ego death does not occur in non dying human beings.
>>
>>30720563
These authors could very well be "conmen," what sets them apart from the more recent ones? Distance? Less information, more ability to hide in agnostic impasses where only "faith" can prevail?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4RflqeYkIE
>>
>>30717614
>Their goal is extinguishment of the self. Their goal is destruction and obliteration. Obliteration of the senses, obliteration of physical landscapes, obliteration of the soul self either through merging or reincarnation. Your identity is lost forever. You lose your body. Ego death is demonic.

The Buddha explicitly condemns annihilationism as an incorrect view. Buddhists are not annihilationists. You do not understand what you are attempting to critique.
>>
>>30720582
Ego death means that you comprehend the limitations of your specific perspective, but at the same time are aware of your existence outside of that context. It is impossible to describe in words (ego tools) and can only be experienced. Everyone in this thread talking about how ego death is demonic are like a bunch of fish trying to lecture others on the nature of dry land. It's pretty laughable if you've ever experienced it for yourself.

Fish: Dry land must be cool, wet, and moist!
Anon: Nope, it's not any of those those.
Fish: It must be dark and fluid!
Anon: Nope. Dry land is different.
Fish: You say it isn't this, it isn't that, and it isn't a third thing, either! I think this "dry land" stuff is just nonsense. It doesn't exist! And if it does exist it's evil!
Anon: lol ok
>>
>>30720592
>You control the mind from that point on.
>you
>ego death
>you
So...ego.
>>
>>30720651
Why doesnt anon just describe dry land? Sure seems like Anon in this conversation has an understanding of what dry land isnt, but no idea of what it is.
That makes is a VERY good analogy of mayavadis.
Their understanding process of "not this, not this" leads to what is being "not like what you know" with no ability to describe what it IS like.
>>
>>30720651
Why would it then be a good thing, or a desirable thing (I see it shilled constantly)? Let is simply be something attainable, but good or evil depending on your ideals and goals. Especially seeing as it's impossible to describe in words (although you've already kindly ventured to explain it to us in words)
>>
ITT: ONIONS VEEEEEY DA JOOSUS IS DA ONLY SAVIOR U A ALL SEEEEENNAAASSS DONT U KNOW EVRYBOD HATES CHRIST THAT MEANS HE IS DA REAL ONE
>>
where are the (you)'s?
>>
>>30720740
>Why doesnt anon just describe dry land?
Because dry land can't be explained with words. It needs to be experienced. If you've never experienced dryness, all your vocabulary centres around wetness and there are no words to describe dry land. Same thing with ego death.

>Sure seems like Anon in this conversation has an understanding of what dry land isnt, but no idea of what it is.
As I said, dryness cannot be explained in wet terms.

> no ability to describe what it IS like.
Oh, I have the ability but it won't mean anything to you until you experience it for yourself. Here is what ego death is like: nondual awareness of the self as a construct and also of the fundamental consciousness of the universe beneath the ego-layer. That means nothing to someone who's never experienced it before, so it's not useful. It's easier to just say, "It's not this, it's not that."
>>
>>30720742
>Why would it then be a good thing, or a desirable thing
Because the ego is what ties us to samsara, or the cycle of birth and death in physical terms. Learning to 'kill the ego' is part of mastering it so that one isn't enslaved to mortal existence.

It seems pretty dang desirable to me.
>>
Ego death is a bit like an orgasm. If you have to ask, "Have I had one?" the answer is no.
>>
>>30720994
true.
kinda like asking if you are dead.
you are or you are not.
>>
no anwsers no truths
only contradictions
>>
>>30720929
>Because dry land can't be explained with words. But it can and it has been, just not by those who advocate ego death.
>As I said, dryness cannot be explained in wet terms.
But the very fact that you describe it as desirable IS explaining it.
>I have the ability
So you are lying now, or you are lying at the beginning.
>nondual awareness of the self as a construct and also of the fundamental consciousness of the universe beneath the ego-layer
Yep.
And that is a temporary state, secondary to spiritual existence and ultimately a trap for atma.
>>
ultimately, the truth can only be determined by the effort of the individual.
anything else is creating doubt.
>>
>>30721021
>But the very fact that you describe it as desirable IS explaining it.

No, it's me explaining my desire for it. The finger that points at the moon is not the moon, my dude.

>So you are lying now, or you are lying at the beginning.
?? There's no meaningful way to communicate ego death meaningfully in words and I didn't. You seem very excitable.

>And that is a temporary state, secondary to spiritual existence and ultimately a trap for atma.
Yeah, you didn't understand a word.
>>
>>30721017
Some people say it doesn't exist. Some people say it does. I suggest you take up meditation and see for yourself.
>>
>>30721076
>it's me explaining my desire for it.
No, you have been actively advocating as the best and only real path for all.
Again with the lies and contradictions from mayavadis.
>You seem very excitable.
Projection.
You are the one choosing to come into a thread started to discuss the problems and misconceptions given by advocates of ego death.
>You disagree with me so that means you didnt understand.
No, you are just wrong. It is not impossible to describe what you have already described. It is just not desired and rightfully so by those who have seen much further than your trap.
>>
>>30717884
reality shifting would include your whole area/surrounding vibrating at a certain point to blast you in the present moment to your fated destination.
>>
>>30717884
ego death can only be experienced by those who have completed the death process.
>>
it goes a lil something like this...

i am me, i am suffering, i am x y z

i like to think, i like to win, i like to believe

what is god? not me! if he's real, smite me!

>ego death

i am you we are he!

i like women, i like cheese

>thinking is gay
>>
>>30717614
>Christianity allows you to help and serve others but keep your identity forever. Christian heaven is based on the Earth and you can be there forever without having to reincarnate or merge with an impersonal source. You get to keep your old identity but get a new spirit body where you look younger and better.
lol Christianity is literally Obamacare: The Religion

>You like your current body? You can KEEP your current body. :))
>>
>>30721198
Or if you're a stream enterer.
>>
>>30721015
Quite an experience i must say
>>
>>30722414
That's good though and in the end we end up with glorified physical bodies where we rule over the new Earth.
>>
>>30720582
It means you see the absolute truth
>>
>>30720545
So lost, implying there is anything eternal besides the highest shore
>>
>>30720416
It has always sucked because it's a lie, an illusion maintained by everybody who is asleep
>>
>>30718597
That isn't attachment, life has always been suffering.
>>
>>30718600
We all know this.
>>
>>30719033
No, just bad at type.
>>
>>30719818
Unrelated, and no essential self, sorry if not specific enough.
>>
File: bodies.jpg (58 KB, 512x512)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>30722414
>>
>>30722891
You are still wrong.
>>
>>30722817
Would an experienced guru be able to tell if someone has attained stream entry or any of the further stages?
>>
>>30718485
there is an earthly aspect of love that to have something to do with the survival and spread of the flesh. it's very ingrained in our bodies, that thing. it mirrors higher forms of love, too, where loving yourself is really loving others, and loving others is really loving yourself, just in very mundane ways.
>>
>>30717614
Not all eastern religions are buddhism, retarded thread kys
>>
>>30717614
>ego death is demonic
There is just one God, and that God doesn't care about your stupid ape limbic system's fears.

There is no evil and the whole Being is sacred. An eternal loop of creative destruction.
>>
>>30726426
and I can hide from it
>>
>>30724229
Yes. You can read this book.
https://library.dhammasukha.org/uploads/1/2/8/6/12865490/the_path_to_nibbana__d_johnson_f18.pdf

I have achieved the first part, which is stream entry. Its beautiful because everything that happens to you is already documented by the Buddha in the suttas.
>>
>evil/good
>certain states of mind and actions
>societal games
>>
>>30720419
Bro i agree with you but why did you write this post in an italian accent
>>
fuck off niger, Krishna is based, Shiva is based. Hare Krishna Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare!
>>
File: KrishnaC.jpg (124 KB, 600x800)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>30727744
If you were replying to OP, then I think you should read the post. Anon is 100% agreeing with the opinion of Krishna, though he is imperfectly couching it in Christian terms.
>>
>>30727744
Krishna is based. New age is not.
>>
>>30727744
om nama shivaya bro i love you
>>
>>30717614
tell me how what you mean by demonic
>>
>>30717614
No religion is 100% spot on about the nature of "god", but the Hindus have come closest by far. It's why their lingo is most often used, because it is the most appropriate approximation of experiencing "god" consciousness. Jesus was one such person, and christfags made him out to be some superpowered freak and put him on a pedestal and made sure nobody else would get the memo because we literally are all god, acting out this reality. If you ever have the experience for yourself, you'll see that linear time is a complete illusion, your identity is ultimately as meaningless as any mask, the second you end you go right back to being "god". If you look at any religion this should be incredible obvious. Say christianity, God made everything, god IS everything, where can you possibly go when you die other than straight back to being god. To think otherwise is as absurd as thinking an actor drops dead when he ceases to play his role. Think about this, what requires more hubris - to consider yourself completely seperate from god despite being his direct creation, breathing his air, walking his earth, living in his universe; or realising you are in fact a mask of god?
>>
>>30728040
Thinking that because you are a infinitesimal part of God - not even atomic in size comparatively - that means you ARE God is the absolute height of hubris.
It would be similar to - but much much more so - someone plucking an arm hair off of you an declaring that the hair IS you.
>>
>>30728075
>Thinking that because you are a infinitesimal part of God - not even atomic in size comparatively
Kek, implying the universe and ourselves are an artifact. Not even close. Do you chastise your own thoughts for not being you?
>It would be similar to - but much much more so - someone plucking an arm hair off of you an declaring that the hair IS you.
Not at all, because that hair can't and never will switch back to being me the way we switch right back to being god. I don't think you understand that consciousness is literally what god is and all it is. A consciousness of unfathomable complexity that basically daydreams this entire reality.
>>
>>30728199
>the way we switch right back to being god
No. This is pure ego and cope. You are not God. You are a part of God. Just as the number is part of, but will never be the number line. Just as the molecule of water is part of, but will never be the ocean. Just as the photon is part of, but will never be the sun.
>and all it is
And here we see the mewling attempts at the infinitesimal to try and deny the Infinite so that it may pretend to be such.
>>
>>30728257
You're contradicting yourself brainlet, and clearly failing to grasp any of this. You are god, god is you. We don't really exist, this is not a true form, and when you go back to god all traces of who you are now are completely irrelevant and ultimately insignificant. There's no quanta involved here, because the only thing that truly exists is god.
>>
File: shiva.jpg (423 KB, 1226x1600)
423 KB
423 KB JPG
REEEEE STOP ARGUING WITH YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>30728399
NO U. For real though, that's half the fun.
>>
>>30728362
>You are god, god is you.
Nope.
>all traces of who you are now are completely irrelevant and ultimately insignificant
Who I am now is not my eternal identity, which we have.
>the only thing that truly exists is god.
Yes, and you are an infintesimal part of that.
The ignorance and arrogance is your claim to be the Whole, and not the part.
>>
>>30728257
You figure it out and then you contradict yourself to avoid it.
>>
>>30728543
There is no contradiction. There is your inability to see past your delusions. It is another way you try to control the Supreme, and by doing so think you are the Supreme.
But by all means continue with the pretense of haughtiness. It always showcases arrogance and ego so well.
>>
>>30728591
My human brain is not the supreme, it is an insignificant, stupid and arrogant ant's brain, inside of us is the will of God which we must find, learn to interpret and project materially until we can return upon material death.
>>
The point is to remain continuous with God, the same way your past and future self are continuous with the "self" that exists at this exact instant. Not every single thing that happened to you as a child mattered "enough" for you to remember all of it, but all of it affected and contributed to the person you are today and you remember the parts that were really important. Similarly, your future self won't remember every single thing that happened to you this month, but they will remember the important things and everything that happens to your present self will affect said future self.

When dissolving into your Root and returning to the Source, this is what happens but on a cosmic scale. Not every single thing/aspect of identity that happened to every single one of your selves will remain, in the same way you don't remember every single day. However, the important things do remain, and every single thing that happened to you across all of your selves affects the self that does remain.

It's not about extinguishment. It's about separating your own wheat from your own chaff, purifying your own gold from your own ore, and separating your True Self from the non-self illusions that have been placed on top of you (to the point that some identify more with the illusion than the truth.)
>>
>>30728602
While that is the closest to truth you have come, it was written because you deliberately or ignorantly are running away from the point of contention.
Even with your abhorrent desire of mergence with God, you do not in any way become God through this. Nor do you lose your distinction, even as you are one with the Supreme.
You will not understand, and you will think it is contradiction.
>>
>>30728648
We are the son of God in the same way Jesus was the son of God, no single one of us can "become god" without becoming one with all of the other pieces, you are just degrading yourself because you were taught to do so.
>>
>>30728683
>We are the son of God in the same way Jesus was the son of God
We are jiva, and tatashta-sakti, as Lord Jesus is, but we are not as Lord Jesus, who is sakti-avesh avatar.
>no single one of us can "become god"
Correct. God is already God.
>you are just degrading yourself because you were taught to do so.
Projection. You have no clue as to my realizations, and your arrogance blinds you into thinking purely in terms of preconceived patterns.
>>
>>30728694
don't take the Lord's name in vain
>>
>>30728956
There is no possibility of doing so, for the names of the Lord are always potent. The Lord's Name is fully omnipotent, as they are non-different from God. Even accidentally or mockingly saying the Names of God can start one on the inevitable path back to Him.
>>
>>30717614
You are retarded just like how Mormonism was founded by freemasons the bible is a book of riddles written by them to keep from the god that we cannot worship , our bodies are god in gnosis and also ego death detaches you from the materialistic satanism Americans are forced to endure
>>
>>30718103
Nah I think you just don't love yourself bro. It's easier to love everyone when you realize they're just like you.
>>
>>30717614
BASED & AMEN
>>
>>30728493
>The ignorance and arrogance is your claim to be the Whole, and not the part.
You really are a pleb. God is all that exists, there are no parts. There is no division and nobody is making the claim to have access to the abilities of god in this incarnation so get over yourself.
>>
>>30718103
What makes you think there's no right and wrong, this reality is still what we have to deal with and life and its rules still apply. If you're going to be god the rapist then god the cop is still going to throw you in god the jail, capiche? The only thing that needs to go is organised religion
>>
File: sri ramanujacharya.png (97 KB, 465x549)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>>30729142
>there are no parts.
Wrong. Cloth is not stick. Flag is one.
> in this incarnation
OR ever. THAT is what you are weaseling around.
I have never once said anything about this or that body.
You are an eternal part. You will never be the eternal Whole. You dont understand how part and Whole are one and yet distinct, because you think you have control over God.
Because you think you are God.
>>
The amount of cope...
See you all in purgatory, it's gonna be fun to meet the followers of the "wrong ways".
>>
>>30729193
>because you think you have control over God
Where did I say this? You're projecting hard
>You are an eternal part. You will never be the eternal Whole. You dont understand how part and Whole are one and yet distinct
There is no distinction. It is indivisible because it IS all things fully and simultaneously. It's not some shitty program that has to run subroutines
>>
>>30729375
>Where did I say this?
You didnt, you dont have to. It is impregnating every word you type. In the way you try to wrap God into your logic and contradictions. That you try to become God. That you try to exploit Oneness for usurpation.
>There is no distinction.
Wrong, and you already accepted these distinctions by making one between you as now and you as god.
>It is indivisible because it IS all things fully and simultaneously.
To be all things must mean there is distinction between things.
> It's not some shitty program that has to run subroutines
No. He is the Supreme Person.
And again you try to control that Person by denying Him personhood with your repeated "it".
Just another way you try to usurp and pretend to be God.
>>
>>30729427
>You didnt, you dont have to. It is impregnating every word you type
Nope, that's 100% your projection. You think you have some special relationship or understanding of god when you're just another know nothing faggot.
>>30729427
>And again you try to control that Person by denying Him personhood
It's the furthest thing from a person you could imagine and certainly not just a "him". Again, you don't even know what your talking about, certainly not talking from experience with it.
>Just another way you try to usurp and pretend to be God
You can't even follow a conversation, we covered this. What's to usurp when god is pretending to be US and not the other way around you stupid faggot. I'm done with you, have the last word after this.
>>
>>30729520
>Nope
You only lie to yourself.
>It's the furthest thing from a person you could imagine
Prove my point more, usurper.
>>
I genuinely feel a very bad vibe and feeling any time I'm surrounded by Buddhas and the smell of incense.
One time I was next to a private altar or whatever the fuck and I almost threw up.

I sincerely am absolutely repulsed by anything from the east, even if it's something really dark but here from the west, it doesn't have as strong effect as eastern shit.
>>
>>30718388
Baby, don't hurt me.
Don't hurt me no more.
>>
Obsession with a vague idea of 'ego death' is new age stupidity.
But anons in this thread really need to keep their ego in check. Consider why you are arguing. Now go do something productive.
>>
>>30717614
Ego death is demonic. I experienced it for the first time last night. Imagine your consciousness being separated from your physical form. When you reach this state, you realize there is nothing else out there. Consciousness is torment without your physical body and world, just an endless slideshow of colors and patterns for inifinity. I used to think that the material world is evil, but now I think that it is the best thing that was created for us.
Sanity, for me, is how well your consciousness interacts with the material world. You must do everything you can to try to have a synergistic relationship between the material and the immaterial.
>>
>>30730077
>being separated from your physical form
That is just the astral plane.
>>
>>30717614
There are many inaccuracies within them. The self is the soul, the soul is you. What some call the ego (authors like Eckhart Tolle for instance) are really the entities discussed here >>30722108
>>
>>30730077
Same. I'm trying to understand the gnostics when they say the material world is evil. A spirit world not based on the material world would be my definition of hell, not heaven.
>>
File: 1200px-Necker_cube.svg.png (10 KB, 1200x1080)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>30730201
>A spirit world not based on the material world
That's exactly backwards. The material world is an image of the spiritual world, in the same way pic related is an image of a cube but not a cube.
>>
honestly the cult-like level worship of mushrooms on /pol/ and sometimes /x/ too has convinced me that brains are being hijacked by mycological parasites or some shit. they recommend them to anybody who will listen and then sperg out on me when i tell them to stop because not everybody should take them and some people will be messed up by them. they are even more dogmatic about shrooms than dudeweedbros i swear. they also always spew new age type shit, and then they get mad when i tell them that they can introspect and reorganize themselves appropriately without having to take a chemical, that everything you need is already in you if you're open to it.
>>
>>30717614
jesse lee peterson preaches sego death, I agree with silent prayer but im not sur ehe knows what the ego is.
>>
>>30717614
>Their goal is extinguishment of the self. Their goal is destruction and obliteration. Obliteration of the senses, obliteration of physical landscapes, obliteration of the soul self either through merging or reincarnation. Your identity is lost forever. You lose your body.
Why is this a bad thing?
>>
>>30719939
Based
>>
>>30732500
Because God gives us our bodies and identities as gifts
>>
>>30727764
Let's see
>>
>>30717614
It is only if you define what is good and evil solely based on selfishness
>>
>>30732560
>Gita 12.2
śrī-bhagavān uvāca
mayy āveśya mano ye māṁ
nitya-yuktā upāsate
śraddhayā parayopetās
te me yukta-tamā matāḥ
>Sri Bhagavan Krishna said: Those who fix their minds on My personal form and are always engaged in worshiping Me with great and transcendental faith are considered by Me to be most perfect.
>>
>>30717614
I agree 100%, overcoming the flaws of the ego and embracing the archetypes on your own terms, and becoming a more whole person with some legitimate work, is more enlightening than any meme drug. Besides facing pain is way harder than taking a pill to wonderland that completely band aid's all of your pain experienced in life.
>>30717884
Way to go enabling behavior by gatekeeping "uh you didn't try it bro"
>>
>>30718162
>>30718162
>new age has some truth in it but most of it is just a larp
99.99% of new age is bullshit. It attracts the most disgustingly narcissistic people, then pumps them up on the drug of "you are a god". Either those, or mentally weak people who are want affirmation in their weakness. Basically someone to tell them, "its a virtue to be weak, and not try to get strong"
Lets not even get into the commercial aspects of it. Several day long expensive seminars and workshops on retarded bullshit with "leaders" talking around. Crystals. Shitty books. Everything vague as shit

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.