[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Nagual.jpg (941 KB, 1624x1624)
941 KB
941 KB JPG
Question of the thread: What are some Mesoamerican cryptids?

And feel free to post and discuss about anything relating to any other kind of cryptids or mysterious creatures here too. Examples being, but not limited to wendigos, skinwalkers, vampires, werewolves/dogmen or anything of the sort, bigfoot/sasquatch, yetis/abominable snowmen, chupacabra, Ozark Howler, Mothman, Mark Zuckerberg, etc. Again, it's not limited to only these things, it was just to get an example of what to post. Feel free to post about anything you think is relevant.

Feel free to discuss whatever type of cryptid or mysterious creature comes to mind, commonly known ones or obscure ones, and what regions they hail from.

Feel free to share personal stories, to other people's stories. From people you know, or people you don't know. And even stories you've read about in books, forums, imageboards, or elsewhere on the internet, or seen from YouTube, movies, and TV. Any story you've heard, as long as you think the story could be true or find it interesting enough, feel free to share it.

Previous thread: >>29596914
>>
>>29738644
Hoppie the Lake Hopatcong seas serpent, the only cryptid I've ever seen personally
>>
>>29739021
Storytime?

So what did it look like? And how long ago was this?
>>
>>29740608
I was 8 or 9 so 11 years ago and was tubing on the lake and the other person that was on it with me fell off and my dad who was driving the boat did a hard stop and the tube which I was still holding onto for dear life did a nose dive to the bottom of the lake. At twelvish feet down I see this snake eel thing with horns on it just swimming along, I shit my self and bail from the still submerged tube and start frantically swimming to the surface and I book it to the boat. I only found out what it was I saw during my 8th grade year when I got my hands on a copy of weird NJ and it had an article about it on there. Also in 2012 there were reports of a giant anaconda in the lake that was never caught and I personally think somebody saw Hoppie. pic related is the area of the lake I saw it
>>
>>29741291
Thats crazy man, I grew up in Byram, swam in Lake Hopatcong infinite times and have never heard of Hoppie. Going to ask my parents if they've ever heard of it, my dad used to fish there all of the time.
>>
>>29741446
It's Jersey man you don't have to go far to find some weird shit. A buddy of mine got chased out of Clinton Road by a ghost Bigfoot and I myself have experienced a shit ton of high strangeness in the Ramapo Valley
>>
File: serpent.png (633 KB, 1501x1174)
633 KB
633 KB PNG
>>29741291
Interesting. In the previous thread I mentioned that there's actually a lot of stories about lake monster cryptids all over the place. They say there's even one in Lake Michigan and Lake Superior, and at that point (because of canals) probably all the Great Lakes. >>29628118

>weird NJ
Oh yeah, I used to love those Weird US books. It's been so long since I've read any of them, I almost completely forgot what any of them said. I seem to remember a building entrance that looked like an alligator's mouth, and another one that was an entire walkway made of VHS tapes(?) But that's all I remember from those books. It's probably been like 10 years since I've read any of them.
>>
>>29741707
>Clinton Road
Oh yeah, I remember that one too. They got a few legends, I think. Like something about ghost coal trucks, another about some guy who used to live there and used to get pissed off whenever people would drive on that road cause he considered it "his road" and his ghost car would follow people, and I think another one about some kid who drowned. Wasn't there also witchcraft going on in the woods at one time too?
>>
>>29741980
no witchcraft that was just a rumor started by some kids over an old colonial smeltery, a hitman did hide bodies there though
>>
>>29742020
I do remember hearing that the smeltery was supposedly a "druid temple", but it was really just a regular old smeltery. I thought there was still some witchcraft that went on in that area though. (Not necessarily in the smeltery.)
>>
>>29742051
I doubt it the terrain isn't that suited for it around there, too many steep cliffs
>>
>>29742077
How does that have to do with witchcraft? I don't actually know.
>>
>>29742200
not enough room to be able to preform any ceremonies. Clinton Road is in a canyon and the only areas accessible from the road are too steep for large groups of people. I almost fell into a 20ft ravine last time I was exploring back there
>>
File: 1oe0ho47ra051.jpg (54 KB, 720x546)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>29738644
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elasmotherium
>>
>>29742405
Oh, I thought you meant something more cryptic. Last time I saw those Clinton Road videos, I do remember some rugged terrain but I thought there was still quite a bit of flat land around there. I don't really remember though.

Also, what's the deal with the quarry that all the dumptrucks go to that drive on that road? I tried looking on Google Maps, but I can't even find it. I saw some quarries, but I can't find the one from all those clickbait Clinton Road 3:00AM videos. And there's none even on Clinton Road that I saw.
>>
>>29741707
>>29741980
>another about some guy who used to live there and used to get pissed off whenever people would drive on that road cause he considered it "his road" and his ghost car would follow people
I think the name was Jiles Jones.
>>
>>29741707
Also, what's your experience with strangeness in Ramapo Valley?
>>
Bump
>>
Bump
>>
>>29742809
Quarries? I've never heard of or seen any quarries in that area plenty of revivors though.
>>29742891
I spent a lot of time up in those woods with summer camps and I've had seen kids at the back of the line just randomly appearing 5 yards up the trail from the group leaders, you blink and your at the lake on top of the mountain and and you somehow missed the large waterfall you have to pass and climb up next to in order to get there. And there were always a bunch of effigy's and pentagrams but that was probably teenagers doing Blair Witch pranks. Also Ida unearth a Lenape Indian site and last week a swat team was called to the reservation and the later that same week crazed deer was charging at people the Ramapo College sports fields.
>>
Bump
>>
>>29746071
>Quarries? I've never heard of or seen any quarries in that area plenty of revivors though.

These people started an obsession with the dump trucks on Clinton Road (not the original trucks from legend). They followed them to a mine or quarry or something. The thing that's weird is I can't even find it anywhere. I can find a few quarries in the area that aren't on Clinton Road, but none of the entrances look the same on Google Maps. It looks like there's also one part where they drive over train tracks. Are there even train tracks on Clinton Road?

https://youtu.be/LImgnTDJoyA?t=761
https://youtu.be/hECXRRgcB3U?t=543

I don't even know why I watch this, it's obviously fake. I guess I just like seeing the LARP. I just want to know where the mine is that they keep going to cause I can't even see it.

Anyway, ever see any bigfoot yourself in that area? (Either Ramapo Valley or Clinton Road, but really just anywhere in that general area.) You mentioned your friend seeing a ghost bigfoot. What exactly did he see?
>>
>>29748398
> Are there even train tracks on Clinton Road?
God no, but there are tracks that follow Route 22 north. Also those are salt trucks they use Clinton Road as an entry point to 22.
As for what my buddy saw he said it was a large mass that chased him and his friends in their jeep for a good chunk of the road, they were going 60+ and it kept pace with them no matter what terrain without making a sound
>>
What’s not deer?
>>
Bump
>>
>>
>>29748447
I don't even see a Route 22 on the map in that area. I see Route 23 though, on the southern end of Clinton Road. Are those trucks actually for salt though? I mean, they're going back and fourth from a mine year round. They don't look like dispenser trucks. I guess it could be a salt mine though, and they're just hauling it out.

Also, any dogmen/werewolf sightings from that area?
>>
>>29748596
>What’s not deer?
Cheese.
>>
>>29751063
What does that mean?
>>
>>29751442
Shit that's what I meant. There are supposedly hell hounds but no personal sightings.
>>
>>29752272
It's alright.

Anyway I was just curious about any sightings. I never heard of any either from that area, but you never know what people might say they saw. Any live bigfoot sightings though, besides the ghost?
>>
Bump
>>
>>29741887
A dog serpent sure sounds like something out of Illinois
>>
>>29753151
nothing live, at least in NJ. saw one during a car ride up to VT just outside of Whitehall NY just walking around near a treeline at the other end of a field. distance was probably a half a mile from me in the dead of winter
>>
Bump
>>
Bump
>>
Since we're talking lake/water monsters, back in 2013 I thought I saw a sea serpent or something when I worked at a marina
>>
>>29758036
What did it look like?
>>
bump
>>
>>29760455
>>29759293
>>29758036
>>29757377
>>29755968
>>29754146
>>29749957
>>29746852
>>29745940
>>29744111
shut the fuck up
>>
>>29761319
no u
>>
>>29761319
Why?
>>
>>29761319
>the jew wants to cover up the lake monster mystery
>>
Speaking of lake monsters
Anyone have any knowledge of "Underwater Panther" It's another Great Lakes cryptid
Supposedly they always have been and have always lived in the lakes, killing those that it considered a threat to the areas they live.
>>
>great pic
>>
>>
File: Underwater_Panther.jpg (61 KB, 540x667)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>
>There are a few stories of encounters with this great beast. A Jesuit missionary named Claude Dablon told a story about four Ojibwa Indians who embarked on a journey to the home of 'Mishipeshu' to take some copper back to their home, and use it to heat water. The very second they pushed off and backed into the water with their canoe, the eerie voice of the water panther surrounded them. The water panther came growling after them, vigorously accusing them of stealing the playthings of his children. All four of the Indians died on the way back to their village, the last one surviving just long enough to tell the tale of what had happened in his final moments before he died.
>>
>>
File: 302192.jpg (121 KB, 814x814)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>
>>
File: P1050247.jpg (125 KB, 849x1600)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>
>>29742438
CAMAHUETO
>>
File: camahueto.jpg (185 KB, 729x1024)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>29742438
I have the theory that some kind of Elasmotherium lived in Chiloé until the end of the last ice age or even more, being remembered as the Camahueto, a creature similar to a bull but with one big horn in his forehead, extraordinary strength and magical powers. Pic related is traditional art carved on wood depicting the mythos.
>>
Bump
>>
Bump
>>
>>29763704
I don't know if I've heard of that one specifically, but a lot of them seem to look kinda like panthers for whatever reason.
>>
>>29763743
Oh yeah I think I heard that story before, but I thought it was about a different but similar lake monster from some lake in Iowa.
>>
File: JobyOgwynYeti.jpg (12 KB, 480x360)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
This one is fascinating:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NxAx20n5gk

do you think it was a yeti or dogman?
>>
File: dogger.webm (124 KB, 640x360)
124 KB
124 KB WEBM
>>29767401
>Mike Tyson and a dogman
I gotta hear this shit
Have a link to another dogman encounter that was just forwarded to me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYWgxoWLqkc&ab_channel=DOGMANEncountersWithJeffreyNadolny
Dogman vs Mountain Lion
>>
>>29748596
Imagine seeing a fuckin deer and all of a sudden it walks on two legs. Good thing it has not happened.
>>
File: skinwalker.jpg (34 KB, 500x297)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>29768280
Yeah... about that...
>>
>>29767401
Sounds more like a dogman to me.

>jumped over 100 foot pile of rocks
If that's not exaggeration, it sounds less believable to me.

>do you take any psychedelics?
I like how that's the question the video ends with. :)
>>
Bump
>>
bump
>>
Hey jack did rafterman ever come back?
>>
>>29770164
No.

Well, I think he came back once months ago, but that was it. Do you mean did he come back after that, or were you not aware of the first (and only) time?
>>
Bump
>>
>>29738644
cryptids are inter-dimensional beings from elswhere in the uneverse and other planets, they come in our earth through mostly invisible portals mothman is from another earth like planet that was destroyed, bigfoot is from another planet, dogman from anothrr planet but theyre low vibrational so they feed off negative energy we emit by being in fear

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.