[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Question of the thread: What are some Midwestern (or similar area) cryptids? (Including the nearby area over the border in Canada too.)

And feel free to post and discuss about anything relating to any other kind of cryptids or mysterious creatures here too. Examples being, but not limited to wendigos, skinwalkers, vampires, werewolves/dogmen or anything of the sort, bigfoot/sasquatch, yetis/abominable snowmen, chupacabra, Ozark Howler, Mothman, Mark Zuckerberg, etc. Again, it's not limited to only these things, it was just to get an example of what to post. Feel free to post about anything you think is relevant.

Feel free to discuss whatever type of cryptid or mysterious creature comes to mind, commonly known ones or obscure ones, and what regions they hail from.

Feel free to share personal stories, to other people's stories. From people you know, or people you don't know. And even stories you've read about in books, forums, imageboards, or elsewhere on the internet, or seen from YouTube, movies, and TV. Any story you've heard, as long as you think the story could be true or find it interesting enough, feel free to share it.

Previous thread: >>29512072
>>
>>29597380
>how's this for a first reply?
Great bait m8, I rate 7 out of 8.

But seriously, c'mon man. I literally said earlier that I don't type my username if it isn't already autofilled when I'm busy and just need to give the thread a quick bump. I don't always bump it anonymously either. If it's already autofilled with the username, then I just bump it anyway. I don't really care. And I don't care what people think either.

And what trap could this possibly be? What am I possibly shilling? How is this shilling? That doesn't even make sense.

>(((jack shills))) is a faggot who constantly bumps his own thread anonymously
And I am not a cigarette. That is physically impossible.
>>
>>29597849
no u
>>
>>29597874
Bunghole.

Do you need tee pee? Tee pee for your bunghole?!
>>
>>29597936
I don't know, why are you still here?
>>
>>29597936
>>29597961
Shit, forgot my all-important username. I guess that's what happens when you're in too many threads at once.
>>
>>29597986
Cause I don't need to use it all the time. Especially in places where it isn't even relevant like /o/ or /g/.

Now get out of this /b//o//a//r//d/, you cigarette!
>>
>>29596914
There's a being in Northern MN called the witch. Everything is afraid of her/it. She's hungry.
>>
>>29598142
But who exactly is The Witch?
>>
File: GigachadFace.jpg (89 KB, 700x760)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>29598223
Touche, my friend... Touche.
>>
OP is a fucking loser and i only post in these threads because i want to fuck a werewolf
>>
File: 1626803288058.jpg (17 KB, 640x480)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>
File: unknown17.webm (2.95 MB, 700x464)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB WEBM
>>
>>29598199
No idea. Some spirit, or demon, maybe.
>>
>>29597915
Nice
>>
>>29598814
is that a wendigo
>>
I'm a city slicker moving out to rural British Columbia soon. Tell me what cryptids I need to be aware of and what calibre will take care of them. I'm thinking x54r should be enough.
>>
Bump
>>
>>29600041
Dogman it looks like
>>
https://archive.org/details/jesuits33jesuuoft/page/n220
https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k8705168s/f282.item
>>
>>29552870
Yes
>>
>>29596914
Sorry for not emailing you yet
>>
>>29600205
Oh boy

You have a lot
Start researching legends of British Colombia because what I could tell you is only the tip of the iceberg of what’s out there
>>
File: IMG_02557.jpg (3.97 MB, 3412x2212)
3.97 MB
3.97 MB JPG
Any werewolves in scandinavia willing to bite me or knot my ass?
>>
>>29598798
Don't worry, that's just Jimmy. He's harmless unless you're out in the open with him.
>>
>>29598814
Like I said before, I think that's a baby elephant. It's easier to tell at the beginning and the end of the clip. At the beginning, you can even see the tusks.
>>
>>29598823
Do you know any stories about it?
>>
>>29600205
I think there's dogmen there. I'm not quite sure what else. Maybe wendigos, but I'm not too sure if they're actually in BC. They're in Alberta though.

As for caliber, while I can't say for certain, I would probably go with 7.62/.308 or similar. That one seems like it packs a decent punch.
>>
>>29602228
It's alright. Whenever you have free time, go ahead.
>>
>>29602606
But what IS the tip of the iceberg?

What are some names that come to mind?
>>
>>29602777
I don't know but those trips are pretty based, so I guess that's a sign that one day, maybe, just maybe, you'll get gangbanged by 14 werewolves behind an IHOP dumpster.

>>>/trv/
>>>/out/

Safe travels! :)
>>
Bump
>>
was hiking deep in the cascades last week and snapped a video of what i think is a sasquatch
>>
played around with exposure levels to see if there’s any more details to find about it
don’t know 100% what this is but i can tell you the emotions i felt when i turned around and locked eyes with this thing was intense. a mix of awe and terror. but a lot of awe. l
>>
>>29603898
>>29603922
Can you share the video with us somehow?
>>
>>29603998
i’ll have to upload it to youtube it’s only 17 seconds long
>>
>>29603998
here you go
https://youtu.be/sfVDwgsKAG8
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hLAnYMYczw
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXmW_xWHBdU
>>
>>29604129
Hmm, I'm not sure what to think. Why didn't you record for longer though?
>>
>>29604422
that’s what i ask myself too. i knew i should have walked closer or just keep filming but the whole thing was so overwhelming i got lost in the moment. and also the awe was wearing off and i started to feel uneasy and like i should not be there. it was like i was looking at something i shouldn’t be looking at.
>>
File: Sliderock_boster.jpg (167 KB, 900x629)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
Share your favorite local cryptid
As a coloradobro mines gotta be the Slide Rock Bolter
>basically a big carniverous whale
>its tail acts as a hook attaching it to mountainsides
>whenever a passerby walks through the valley beneath it it lets go of the mountain and its massive weight causes it to accelerate down the slope
>it eats its victim then the momentum causes it to slide up the other side of the valley and repeat the process
>>
Bump
>>
>>29596914
Bump & any cryptids that would be in Upstate New York? And how to find them? Or at least resources for learning? I really am ambitious about finding something out of the ordinary. Lots of woods and abandoned buildings in my area but no luck yet besides a huge spaceship hovering close to the ground a couple years ago if that counts.
>>
The Ojibwa tribe talk of the Bear Walk, a supernatural bear like creature that particularly hunts those who hunt deer
>>
https://archive.org/details/jesuits05jesuuoft/page/n116
https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k87051236/f28.item
>>
>>29604550
Yeah. In the moment, things like that feel a lot different than in hindsight.

So what kind of camera were you using? Also, how far into the woods were you?
>>
File: enfield.png (922 KB, 1501x1167)
922 KB
922 KB PNG
>>29604593
>Share your favorite local cryptid
Well, I'm from Illinois and I'd say dogmen. But the people who have been following these threads probably already knew that. So I'll give another one. The Enfield Horror / Mt. Vernon Creature. I haven't actually looked into this one very much, but it seems pretty interesting to me.

>Henry McDaniel Encounter excerpt:

>-The kids proceeded to tell him a tale about how some “thing” had tried to get into the house by scratching on the door. Shortly thereafter, Henry was alerted to a peculiar scratching sound at his front door.
>What Henry found, to his terror, was a creature that “had three legs on it, a short body, two little short arms, and two pink eyes as big as flashlights. It stood four-and-a-half-feet tall and was grayish-colored. It was trying to get into the house!” Henry was completely mortified by the sight of this horrible apparition, slammed the door, and rushed to grab his .22 pistol and a flashlight. Henry proceeded to fire on the creature four times, and according to him, “When I fired that first shot, I know I hit.” The beast hissed at him (most sources say that it sounded rather like a wildcat) and proceeded to bound away in long leaps across the yard, eventually becoming lost to McDaniel’s sight as it made its way towards the railroad and the cover of the trees. He asserted that he had seen the thing cover fifty feet in three leaps. Stunned by the encounter, Henry proceeded to call the police.
>Upon investigation, the state troopers discovered a series of scratches in the siding of the house, and footprints that were very similar to a dog’s, but having six toes instead of four. Two of the tracks were four inches wide, while the print left by the third foot was smaller.

https://cryptozoologycryptids.fandom.com/wiki/Enfield_Horror
>>
File: dogman-lampadaire.jpg (51 KB, 675x482)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>29606338
I know there are dogmen and wendigos in that area, but I'm not exactly sure what else. There are more cryptids though.

I'm not quite sure how to find them, except for doing a lot of traveling on country backroads at night, and doing a lot of hiking in the woods. Do you have any experience with hiking or camping in the woods?

Also, here's a couple maps of dogmen sightings. They might help point you in a direction.

https://northamericandogmanproject.com/encounters

And the one from https://dogmanencounters.com/
goo_(DOT)_gl_(SLASH)_dHdKhs

I also found this other map recently. It's got like pins on the map with like stories and sightings... and stuff. Honestly I haven't really looked at it very much, but they have some pretty interesting paranormal stuff on there.

https://www.werewoofs.com/maps/
>>
>>29606355
Hmm... the Bear Walk. So he walks the walk, but does he talk the talk? Do you know any stories about it?
>>
>>29606338
Also, ever find anything interesting in the woods or abandoned buildings?

And, what's the story with the spaceship you mentioned?
>>
Bump
>>
>>29607372
That was just a nigger, OP
>>
Bump
>>
Bump
>>
>>29609333
>DAT WAS JUST A UNPOG, OP!!!
>>
>>29611825
Well, I mean sometimes you gotta consider all possibilities. Know what I mean?
>>
Bump
>>
Bump
>>
File: Hodag.jpg (50 KB, 450x317)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
WI reporting in. Mostly you here about haunted highways and shit. I've never had time to look myself. Specific cryptids would be the hodag and the beast of Bray road.
Bray road is basically your standard dogman but a bit more aggressive, has been known to interact with people, though it doesn't pray on humans.
Hodag is more interesting imo
>legend has been around since logging days
>scales like a lizard
>foot long claws
>leather hide
>horns
>supposed to be the angry souls of cattle slaughtered
>they caught one but it was just a hoax
>pic related, obviously too small and probably a retarded dog
>>
>>29615398
Also idk how paranormal it is but Dungeons and Dragons was invented in the Lake Geneva area, and the type who make a pilgrimage there are pretty weird
>>
Bump
>>
Bump
>>
Bump
>>
Bump
>>
Sorry, a little busy today.
>>
Bump
>>
File: funny-tourest.jpg (159 KB, 768x1024)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>29615415
Lake Geneva was already a vacation destination though. There's always some weird tourists anywhere you go.
>>
File: 1605736580263.jpg (115 KB, 867x1390)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>29596914
In Nebraska we had a bigfoot sighting in 2018 when one ran across I-80. There is a bigfoot museum in Hastings, NE that's supposed to be pretty interesting, but i haven't visited yet.

The midwest is pretty slim on cryptids probably due to the fact that it's mostly pretty flat and open farmland. If you were in the Omaha area and wanted to try and run into something then Fontenelle Forest is where you'd want to start. It's right next to the Missouri river. I don't know how well it's patrolled, but you'd have to hang out after hours. It's dark and spoopy. I sure wouldn't want to be in there alone. No fuckin way. Night vision would be an absolute must even with a full moon and you'd have to carry a firearm. It's outside of Douglas County so if you got busted you wouldn't be subjected to Omaha's firearms laws which actually violate the Nebraska State Constitution which designates Nebraska as an open-carry state.

What Nebraska and Iowa DO have, however, is satan worshippers and child traffickers. So, we got that going for us, which isn't nice.
>>
>>29623163
The Midwest doesn't seem to be that slim on cryptids, there's some pretty fuckin' spoopy shit here. I'm not as knowledgeable on other kinds of cryptids, but the Midwest has had a lot of dogmen/werewolf/whatever sightings, especially in Michigan and Wisconsin. But really the whole eastern half of the United States has had a lot.

What makes you think Fontenelle Forest would have something though? Is there a history of spoopy shit going on in there?

But speaking of Omaha, according to the maps I posted earlier here >>29607726 there has been a dogman sighting in Hummel Park. Sounds pretty spoopy, right?

I haven't seen the video, but here is the alleged sighting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFN4w5IUHI0
>>
Bump
>>
Bump
>>
File: download (2).jpg (7 KB, 311x162)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
Champ,a monster in lake champlain
>>
>>29627017
>Is Champ there?
>Who is champ?
https://youtu.be/wRRsXxE1KVY?t=71
>>
File: serpent.png (633 KB, 1501x1174)
633 KB
633 KB PNG
>>29627017
But anyway, it's weird how many lake monster cryptids there are out there. There's also supposedly one in Lake Manitoba and Lake Winnipegosis, Great Slave Lake, Lake Superior, and Lake Michigan to name a few.

Also, what's the deal with the name Lake Winnipegosis? It sounds like something you catch off a hooker on vacation.
>Oh, I think had a bad case of Lake Winnipegosis last summer.
>>
How do I become epic werewolf?
Also will I keep my haircolor and eye color as epic werewolf?
>>
>>29628493
Idk man, sometimes you just gotta go with what nature gives ya. Know what I mean, Vern?
>>
File: 1c5.png (112 KB, 1200x1125)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
Holy fuck can this thread get archived already? Sick of these Jack Shills bullshit threads that never fucking go anywhere

>pic related
>it's Jack Shills
>>
File: 5d9756319b23f.jpg (147 KB, 1397x789)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>29628634
You don't have to stay here, man.

But yeah, someone please think of some spoopy shit to discuss. My mind's 'a blank.
>>
What happened to all the people from earlier in the thread? They all just stopped talking.
>>
File: squonk.jpg (249 KB, 1200x675)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
Squonk of Pennsylvania, its a crying pig with mange, he can turn into tears.
>>
>>29628768
Well in Southern Mexico I saw a man faced frog when I was a kid, it was in a park near a duck pond

Or more like a head with tiny frog limbs, my grandma told me that they used to be common and often mean someone died in that area
Never saw any legend or cryptid that fits that description, any idea?
>>
Why is it that 90% of these threads are always just dogmen. Can we discuss other cryptids? dogmen are so boring
>>
>>29630936
It just ends up like that cause I'm not quite sure what else to talk about.

I haven't been feeling the best, and I think it's showing in the quality of these threads. I'm sorry about that. I just haven't been able to put as much mental effort towards conversing and making these threads as interesting as they were before. I can't really think of what else to talk about, but yes, by all means we can talk about whatever we want as long as it's cryptid related. Other people need to contribute as well. I can't be the only one trying to interact with everyone. Especially when I'm busy, like right now.
>>
>>29623163
Really? I picture Nebraska and I see cornfields, but maybe that’s what the seats sits want me to believe?
>>
>>29623163
>What Nebraska and Iowa DO have, however, is satan worshippers and child traffickers. So, we got that going for us, which isn't nice
Heard from a Guatemalan that human trafficking always end up in those parts or in sweat shops, thought it was a rumor but there might be something to this nonsense
>>
>>29604593

Thats a new one. Would have gone with Tommyknockers myself but thatay be more of a euro thing. Can Tommyknockers emigrate?
>>
>>29615398
Do you know any stories about the hodag?

Also,
>pic related, obviously too small and probably a retarded dog
lol.
>>
File: Gumberoo.png (583 KB, 674x506)
583 KB
583 KB PNG
>>29629570
The squonk looks like a retarded armadillo guinea pig thing.

But anyway, the whole "Fearsome Critters" thing is pretty interesting to read about. Most of them probably aren't real, but it still makes for an interesting story.

>Gumberoo
>In American folklore, the Gumberoo is a fearsome critter with hide so tough that bullets bounce off of it.
>The gumberoo was described by early lumberjacks to be larger than a bear with a tough, shiny, black hide that nothing could pierce. The only way to kill it was said to be fire, which caused the creatures to explode.
>EXPLODE
Wot m8?
>>
>>29629586
I'm pretty sure it was some kind of spirit, instead of a living creature. Still pretty spoopy though.

Do you know of any other weird creatures or stories about them from that area?
>>
>>29631472
I have wondered that myself especially because tommyknockers and many other creatures of folklore are often fairly territorial from general observations from stories. They and other creatures likely follow those who they enjoy company with. Perhaps they were accidental stowaways on ships or maye with supplies. I am unsure of this frankly but it is an interesting thought.
>>
>>29629937
What makes you think I'm from Reddit? I don't even use Reddit.
>>
>>29631770
About faces that move around in tiny frog legs? Not really, it was a one time occurrence in a park, I wanted to show it off but as I said previously I was told to leave it alone, so I did
About animals with human faces there's a lot

There's supposedly a flat snake with skin instead of scales that shows you the face of your friends and family in his back before they fall ill and die in feverish terror, also loads and loads of nahual stories and witches
>>
>>29631205
Well, out in the country it isn't always peaceful. There's some pretty shitty white trash areas out in the country, with drug problems, gang shootings, and all the usual stuff.
>>
>>29631288
Speaking of which, one thing people don't realize is some of the places that have a human trafficking problem, like New Orleans and Amsterdam. Shit's pretty fucked.
>>
>>29631472
>>29631794
What are tommyknockers?
>>
>>29631823
I just meant in general about weird creatures. Doesn't necessarily have to be weird animals with human faces. It could be anything, like the Cadejos, Ahuizotl or whatever else comes to mind.

That snake is pretty creepy though.
>>
>>29631862
Yeah, I know I shouldn't discuss politics here but Trump was up to something, things slowed down when he was in charge, just today we saw migration beat up border crosses that tried to get in with kids, none of the kids were related to them, some believe they were kidnapped from Brazil and Honduras, developing story
>>29631937
Funny a cadejo encounter is the reason why I stopped drinking, it's one of those things you don't know you hallucinate or was truly there, massive fuckers let me tell you

We don't have Ahuizotl myths here, we have Demon babies, little bastards with big heads, tripods that wear the skin of people as scarves, weird lights that steal people then drop them on their ceilings several months later in a well preserved state but without tongue, eyes and blood though, loads of myths about three shadow men but they are probably mistakes in identifying monkeys and jaguars/cougars in the night, also skeleton parades

You know the usual Mexican special
>>
>>29631977
Honestly, I don't really watch the news. It's just so terribly motivated, opinionated and fearmongering, and they're always pointing fingers and trying to blame anyone in sight for everything, and then there's the ridiculous debate segments which literally make no sense sometimes. It's just so tiring to see literally this same thing over and over again. I just don't really have much motivation to actively watch the news. (Sigh)...

Anyway, those things sound pretty interesting. That area seems to have some of the more interesting things to me.

Also, do you want to tell the story of your cadejo encounter?
>>
>>29632253
I often mention it but I haven't really told it, you know it is kinda of a shameful thing because cadejos only appear to drunks in fatal danger that need to be straightened up or people that will go through tragedy, they often die a green death, "Mueren verdes del susto" as is told around here

2011 be mindful, at the start of this I was drunk as all hell so we carpooled a taxi and my house was at the end of a 3 people drop trip

I had a party a state away without car and told the taxi guy I didn't have the full fare so he dropped me in the middle of the town
I walking home from a party at 1-2 am after an entire day of drinking, I passed through a park and a chappel, that's were I heard the heavy sound of claws in the asphalt, I was too annoyed to care so I kept walking and reached a turn that lead to a street wich houses bus services known for its hookers, that's when I noticed people running away after I made a turn, I look behind me and I see a black dog the size of a horse without eyes, fell on my back and the thing just drew close, before I could even pray it just stood there and waited like 2-3 minutes by my side until I actually stumbled to get up on a lamp post
If the sight of this thing didn't sober me up then the pain of falling ass first on the poorly maintained pavement did it
I knew that if I tried to run I was fucked so I just limped a bit before I could walk and it followed

I noticed the fucker didn't breathe, as in no respiratory movements for an animal it's size or no sound at all, hell not even a trace of windflow came from its snout, however as it walked you could hear the pavement crack and the small pebbles move due to its weight, it's pretty surreal to have something this big that just doesn't feel alive and yet the environment reacts to it, I remember this vividly because I was trying so hard to rationalize it wishing this was just me being drunk or wishing I hit my head but I didn't since I still had that pain in my ass
>>
>>29632357
I kept walking for a while and it just followed silently, no other people around since I saw those hookers and their patrons running away, I tried to get into one of the main streets to see if I could find people or cars but I heard the thing behind me claw hard at the pavement, instead I walked straight, I tried to do this another two times before the last one where it just blocked me with its body
Instead of my usual route it made me walk through a park near a hospital and a property that has a lot of bamboo stalks then straight to my neighborhood, it apparently avoided any route wich had cars, as we went around I could hear other dogs whimper or snarl but not bark wich is really odd considering we Mexicans have our dogs in our roofs or front yards in the night for guard duty, finally reached my neighborhood church and I kinda felt calm, stuff felt more relaxed but the thing was still following me, reached my house the thing just stood behind me as I opened the door sometimes just moving a bit as if impatiently waiting for me to open it so you could hear its claws tilt the road

I really hesitated to open to be honest, what if it wanted into my house, what if it wanted to do things to my family, those things hit me fucking hard and yet I had to open my door if I wanted to end this shit, I enter as fast as I can try to close my door fast and notice it isn't there, it just vanished, something that heavy that you just felt as you walked can't fucking disappear like that mate, so I lean forward and notice there's fucking nothing on both sides, I lock my door, unload my bowels that barely held together, pray again and fall asleep mid prayer because I walked mid fucking town to my house

Wake up, rationalize shit, realize it can be a Cadejo, worry a lot about it and realize I'm not ill or "Verde del miedo" just woke up at 4pm as if nothing happened, make late breakfast and decide I'm only telling my parents and no one else

I have been sober to this day
>>
>>29631870
Small fae that live in mines amd under ground areas. If they like you, they knock on walls to lead you to ore and gems, if they dont, you get lost forever and die. Usually stylized as small old men, reports of knockers (lol) can vary alot, indicating multiple species or regional adaptation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knocker_(folklore)
>>
Bump
>>
>>29632357
>>29632441
Honestly, to me it sounds like he was protecting you from harm, and making sure you took a safe route home. I've heard that a Cadejo sometimes does that too. I mean, he didn't harm you at all, and left once you got home. What do you think?
>>
>>29598142
Where at? NW Minnesota here, bordering Canada and ND?
>>
>>29633812
Interesting. I'll have to read it when I get back home later.
>>
Bump
>>
>>29632441
Why does Latin America seem to be so haunted?
>>
>>29637390
I would imagine because there's still a lot of 'wilderness' out there, even where people live. And the Amazon isnt anything to sniff at.
>>
>>29636032
That's the thing, I don't know
I was so drunk it didn't even cross my mind to pay the taxi fare when I arrive home, that's how inebriated I was

I would really chalk it up to a spiked drink or a alcoholic hallucination if there weren't people running away from me, the ground beneath it didn't felt its weight enough to move the punished pavement near the bus stations or caused the bamboo to bent as it walked me through the park, this fucker was huge and heavy it was the full hallucination spectrum+changing the environment as it walked behind me, wich as far as I know is rare as fuck

Part of me really wished it didn't happen but something huge did walk behind me that night and it wanted me as far away from roads with loads of cars as possible
>>29637390
There are a lot of warlocks, weird lights and unexplainable violence that is too random to be placed on drug lords/immigrants and has been like it for centuries

My city, the land of the bunnies used to be a Marsh in a valley that the Mayans thought sacred so there's that, there have always been myths of weird creatures with multiple appendages that flayed hunters alive and wore their skin or animals that talked to warlocks and gave them wisdom, even before colonization people knew you do not follow the lights in the forest nor look at the ones that land/fly from the mountains, and yet we just treat them as normal these days, it just is
>>
Bump
>>
Bump
>>
>>29638229
>There are a lot of warlocks, weird lights and unexplainable violence that is too random to be placed on drug lords/immigrants and has been like it for centuries

Bro, as someone from the southern tip of the continent, same shit here.

However, lots of warlocks don't feel comfortable in the cities, only come for very specific reasons and then fuck off to wherever they live. Out in the mountains there are lots of goblins and the likes, they also like being left alone and would usually throw stones at you if they're uncomfortable, however the mines are both blessing and curse for them, they hate having people and stuff moved around them and they love having that big space to live on. There are still mountains you don't get close to, really weird shit happening there, too much to be explained by the dumbass haitians living near, or drug trade or whatever reasonable explanation I can come up with
>>
>>29640609
Yeah, the drug lords really can't account from r the bodies on top of the trees, as the city advances you edge out ritual areas, it isn't that hard to go out of the poverty ring and find ritual sites with alcohol and burnt meat to goat effigies
>>
Bump
>>
>>29640609
Cuales son los duendes de Mejico?
>>
Bump
>>
>>29642888
Depends in the region, in mine there aren't any red caps gnomes or stuff like that, instead they are very animalistic, like malformed children
>>
>>29638229
I mean... you did make it home safe. And seeing a Cadejo would certainly scare away any criminals wanting to do harm.

I'm not saying Cadejos are always good, but things like this aren't unheard of from them. But at least whatever this was caused you to decide to stop drinking. I have to wonder what could've happened that night if he hadn't showed up.
>>
>>29637390
I've wondered this as well since I started looking into all this "spoopy as fuck" stuff.
>>
>>29640609
>Bro, as someone from the southern tip of the continent, same shit here.
Where exactly? When you say that, it sounds like you're talking about Tierra del Fuego in South America, but I haven't heard of any Hatians living there. Or do you mean like the southern end of North America, as in Panama? The phrasing got me confused.
>>
Bump
>>
Bump
>>
>>29645494
Makes sense, but again I was not at full faculties, cadejos mostly appear to drunks so it's hard to get any non altered state testimony of it
>>
Are there any actual cryptid's in Australia? I get a little jealous when I hear people from other continents talk about cryptids and folklore.
Anyone got personal encounters?
>>
>>29648788
bunyips in billabongs
they've got all kinds of crazy shit there
I heard there was also a nasty cave/rock formation that eats anyone that enteres it
>>
>>29648854
I've never heard anyone take the bunyip seriously, it's more of a joke then anything. No one even knows what it is supposed to look like. You got a link to the save thing?
>>
>>29648950
wish I did, don't even remember where I heard it now
"Mountain of death" is a pretty common term to try to search for even in Australia
>>
File: Bunyip.png (825 KB, 700x568)
825 KB
825 KB PNG
>>29648788
They got some weird things there. I asked about Australian cryptids in a previous thread, and it was pretty interesting.

https://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/29065587/

Some of the things that were talked about that come to mind were the Min Min Lights, creepy stuff in Cape York and the Queensland mountains, and how the town of Woomera in South Australia is haunted by demons or something. The last one was a pretty interesting story.

Also, apparently there's some Aboriginal guy who can shapeshift into a black dog, but for some reason his powers only work when he's in Northern Territory. Apparently there's people who saw him run from Queensland to the Northern Territory border, shapeshift, and run back into Queensland. But someone said "who knows?" cause apparently there's a lot of gas sniffers up there.
>>
>>29648950
>>29649094
What "save thing"?
>>
>>29649335
>cave thing
There's a rock formation known to the aboriginals as the "hills that eat men" something like that
It's known for a tribe that went there to hide after losing a battle and in the end all of them were swallowed by the earth
>>
Bump
>>
>>29649314
>>29649094
>>29649409
Thanks guys. Most of the shit we have from the abos sounds so retarded I can't take it seriously, though a land as ancient and fucked up as this must have a few spoops. I can actually tell a story from my great grandfather who was born before federation, he worked in the bush and had a creepy experience
>>
>>29650842
You're welcome. :)
Although I guess you'll never know what you'll find out in the wilderness. Some of them stories might just turn out to be true... and SPOOPY!

>I can actually tell a story from my great grandfather who was born before federation, he worked in the bush and had a creepy experience
Go on?...
>>
>>29650951
Do it nigger
>>
>>29650951
Alright, hope you enjoy, any theories are welcome as always
>be great grandpa
>some time near the great war
>too small for the army, becomes a drover instead
>for those of you who don't know a drover is a man who herds sheep or cattle across long distances, in my great grandpas case he was going across the entire state. He was gone for months at a time
>great grandpa grew up and worked on farms all his life, his family were farmers since colonisation and for centuries back in Europe. he was also very experienced with dealing with abos as he grew up in an area dense with them, had an abo maid, knew all their folk lore and could speak some abo dialect fluently as a result
>anyway. out droving in the middle of woop woop, no signs of life anywhere nearby, only other human was his mate helping him with the herd
>one night they come across dense bushland and need to figure out a way through, especially considering this place is crawling with abos. Not the petrol sniffing half cast kind we see today but the tar black throw a spear through your chest kind
>as a result of being bushmen they both have firearms, an old repeater carbine or bolt action, I forget
>they decide to hunker down in this old barn in the middle of nowhere, thing is nearly fallen to pieces and hadn't been touched in decades at least. It was the only sign of humanity (the european kind) in the area
>the two set up camp and crawl into their makeshift tent
>in the middle of the night a terrifying scream rings out through the bush
>both men sit up real quick
>the scream is blood curdling and reminds great grandpa of the banshee he heard so much about as a kid (irish dad)
>sounds like a woman being raped by a dog mixed with baby screams
>definitely not a fox or any critter they have heard before. Sounds almost human but something is very off about it, too animal like
>>
>>29651056
>both men load and clutch their firearms and look into the darkness
>screams continue but sound like it is still at a distance away
>great grandpa and his mate take turns staying up and guarding the camp
>sun rise hits and they book it out of there, never saw anything
great grandpa said he had no idea what it was but it scared the shit out of him and he never heard anything like it before or since. His wife thought it was an aboriginal woman being killed by her 'husband' and possibly her babies being killed as well. twins were killed by the men because they thought only by getting fucked by two men produces twins and the mother was killed along side them. What do you guys think?
>>
>>29651058
Mysterious and spoopy
>>
i want to fuck a werewolf and become a werewolf, then kick down OPs door, knock him over in his chair, destroy everything he owns while, knot him to death, and burn down his house so he stops making these threads
>>
>>29644762
So Trasgos? With holed hands and goat feet? Or with the feet pointing backwards?
>>
In the amazones, there is the Bufeo, a pink dolphin. They are said to be able to adquire human form, and in some tales, they come to the village festivities as handsome foreign men with white dress and a hat (wich hide the blowhole,the only part they can't hide).
In some tales for example, they go in a group of those, then they get invited to the party (normally a quinzeañera) and seduce some cute girls. In the tale I heard, the actual victim was the quinzeañera wich the festivity was made for, as the Bufeo sweet talked her while the resto of the group was in they antics, until he entered the river. The father, not seeing his daughter, entered in panic and made everyone look for her, and after a short while they found the Bufeo in the River and the girl transifed. In rage they linched the bufeo while the other disapeared.
So its normal for unwed/unwanted pregnacies in general to be blamed to the Bufeo.Cimenting again the fame of Dolphins as Rapists.
>>
Bump
>>
>>29651112
Are you saying you're going to turn me into a werewolf?
>>
>>29651056
>>29651058
I'm not really sure. I'm thinking maybe one of the Aboriginals was hunting, and it could've been some kind of animal being killed. Is there any kind of animal there that could scream like that?

Or it could've been a ghost messing with them, I guess.
>>
File: ad.jpg (88 KB, 669x446)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>29653265
>>
>>29653265
>transifed

What does that mean?
>>
>>29604129
Another "too short to be real" video. ANYONE that sees a fucking cryptid in the wild isn't just going to stop filming after 17 seconds. You would keep your camera on that fucking thing until it was out of sight. FAKE once again.
>>
>>29655197
Possible but great granpa said it didn't sound like any animal he ever heard before, he was raised and worked all his life in the bush so I reckon he knew every sound the bush can produce. The way he talked about it, he made it seem human like. Maybe it was some fox getting gutted and raped by an aboriginal who was crying, maybe it was something else like the yowie or whatever. My family has alot of other stories but none of them are really cryptids, mainly apparitions and some rake tier fucker
>>
Bump
>>
>>29629570
born in PA and never heard of this, pretty neat!
>>
File: 1630596683883.webm (797 KB, 576x976)
797 KB
797 KB WEBM
Since it keeps coming back to dog man I'll post a webm of what I think is one
>>
>>29598621
Werewolf!?
Damn!!
>>
>>29657795
Hmm... It could be fake, but you never know, I guess. Sure is spoopy though.

Also why does it look like he doesn't have any hair? This mf must be pretty chilly.
>>
>>29657821
Werewolf?! There wolf!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQQtgx4iG8E
>>
Bump
>>
>>29604129
Cmon...17sec? R e a l l y ?
>>
>>29607547
Thanks
>>
>>29627017
Fake
>>
>>29657795
I saw this week ago...no sauce...but interesting
Any video like This guyz?
>>
>>
File: 1627504056400.webm (2.65 MB, 533x800)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB WEBM
>>
>>29651995
Not him, but actually chaneques are known for having backwards feet.
>>
>>29660077
those have got to be a bitch to clean for cooking
>>
>>29655540
*transfixed.
Like, she got stunned.
>>
>>29660354
I really think all the Hispanic world legends are very underrated, there are lots than mix old native with the lore of iberia than are pretty badass, like the gentiles or the different kinds of werewolves.
>>
>>29657795
This one is fake, John Cobasky is hte artist than made it.
>>
Bump
>>
Bump
>>
Bump
>>
Tired... It's 4:37AM and I can't sleep.
>>
>>29660041
You're welcome.
>>
File: the_devil.jpg (15 KB, 150x200)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>29660068
Speaking of which, here's some copypasta from a thread I saw months ago.

Link: https://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/28309276/

Everything below is copypasta.

(One anon gave it the name of “the barn jew” on a previous thread)

This looks like a russian youtube channel about outodoors stuff and urban exploration I guess (I don’t speak nor read the language)
In this series of videos, the dude supposedly gets his barn invaded by a goblin/devil called by him “chepysh”. One anon on a nother thread brought up the term “chort, a demon from eastern Europe folklore https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chort
Bare in mind my understanding comes from the youtube autogenerated subs. Russian speakers, please correct me if I get something wrong.

1-He goes to his barn because he heard some noises (on 4:52 you can kinda see the face)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejXirzXWsBw&ab_channel=TraverZa

2-Daytime. He show the barn. Nothing strange as he narrates what happened before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hNS6r23FWM&ab_channel=TraverZa

3-Daytime again. We see more of the barn as he leaves food an alcohol.
He goes back at 2:00AM and finds everything, and then again, he goes there in the morning. The “guest” had a meal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oETm7rV2mfY&t=208s&ab_channel=TraverZa

4- He finds the barn jew behind an old chest going apeshit and throwing stuff. The hand can be seen a few times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWt3KtijhJY&t=366s&ab_channel=TraverZa

5- More crazyness from the barn jew
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEnZGH-iQi0

IMO it's fake AF. The hand looks human to me and everytime there’s a chance of getting a better view, the camera or flashlight point some other way. At least it's entertaining.

What do you think boys?
>>
>>29660077
I don't go hanging out around farms, but I have never seen... whatever that weird chicken turkey looking thing is before. That is way bigger than way chicken I have ever seen before. I didn't know they could even get that big without being some genetically modified "cucked for life" chicken that is so big it can't even walk at a factory farm.
>>
File: Plucking-fingers-2.jpg (70 KB, 700x455)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>29661018
At places where they process dead chickens, they have what are essentially giant dildos that spin around, and the rubbery grip snags all the feathers and removes them all.

You think I'm lying? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT! THESE ARE DILDOS! I don't care what you say. "Dildos" are way funnier than "fingers" on a "picker".
>>
>>29662183
Hispanic legends are some of the ones I find the most interesting. Indeed underrated.
>>
>>29667234
kek
>>
>>29667197
Man you actually can see the lil bugger. Also the sounds he makes are hilarious.
>>
>>29596914
How to summon a skinwalker
>>
Bump
>>
>>29668669
research animism
>>
File: reee.jpg (30 KB, 800x522)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>29667661
>REE REE REE REE REE REE REE REE REE REE
>>
>>29604593
Lmaoooo

Lamest fucking cryptid ever
>>
>>29667234
Wow those are literally dildos
>>
>>29671840
>GET OUT NORMIE REEEEEEEEEEEEE REEEEEE REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29674088
I mean if I saw a normie in my barn, I'd be screeching like that too. I think we all would, am I right or am I right?
>>
>>29673510
>Ribbed for her pleasure ;)
>>
Bump
>>
Bump
>>
Bump
>>
>>29598814
looks like a hog
>>
>>29598814
Where was this taken?
>>
Bump
>>
>>29680338
I'm pretty sure it's a baby elephant. You can kinda see at the beginning and the end of the video it's elephant features better.

So, wherever elephants live. It would either be in Africa or southern Asia. I'm thinking Asia. Although, it could be anywhere technically. Maybe it's an escapee from captivity.
>>
>>29682039
The thing that's throwing me off is the front left limb when it moves away. It makes it look not quadrupedal.
>>
>>29682039
You should be checked for Prosopagnosia
>>
File: imposter.jpg (68 KB, 417x600)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>29598814
they are dangerous human-eating savages and they are among us... do you think big foot is the wandering jew?
>>
>>29682181
No.
>>
>>29682098
I don't have issues recognizing faces, but I actually am already going to go to a neurologist for some other things. (If they'd ever frikking have an opening for once.)

Anyway, when I first saw the video I wasn't really sure what it was. It looked like some kind of weird looking werewolf or retarded panda. But I did a bit or looking around about the video and someone said it looks like a baby elephant. If you look closely, mostly at the beginning when it stands up and starts moving, it does look more like an elephant. You can even see the tusks. Although with that bad lighting and poor video resolution, I do agree it sure looks fuckin' spoopy. If it was actually something else, I don't think the person recording it would've sat there so calmly while this thing is that close to them. The person must've gotten quite the scare when they looked at the video later.
>>
Bump
>>
File: 1626570254698.jpg (50 KB, 848x500)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>29623755
>the Midwest has had a lot of dogmen/werewolf/whatever sightings, especially in Michigan and Wisconsin

Yeah, sorry, i know Michigan has a lot of wacky stuff happening, but when i think of the midwest i don't include the rust belt states.
I've been wanting to hang out in the Muskegon-Ludington-Manistee areas with a Nikon P900 to try and catch some UAP footage. I have a feeling there's an ayyy community at the bottom of Lake Michigan.

>What makes you think Fontenelle Forest would have something though? Is there a history of spoopy shit going on in there?
>Hummel Park

No spoop history that i'm aware of, but i don't know enough people to actually ask around. Fontenelle is just downriver from Hummel and since cryptids need water too it's logical that they'd hang out there. The area around Hummel is much less populated, but the cryptid's only close water source would be Ponca creek. From the bottom tip of the park they'd still have to travel over half a mile to get to the river for water.

>>29628118
>it's weird how many lake monster cryptids there are
Here's one i forgot about. The Lake Okoboji monster.
https://cryptidz.fandom.com/wiki/Obojoki

Picrel is a well-known midwestern cryptid.
>>
>>29682232
i have enough outdoors experience that even if i saw a terrifying bigfoot dogman vampire I wouldn't immediately bolt. That's pretty much the worst thing you can do when encountering an animal.
>>
>>29604593
who the fuck thought of this lmao
>>
>>29604593
Where did you get this illustration of my penis?
>>
Bump
>>
A little busy right now.
>>
File: ALASKAN BULL WORM.jpg (30 KB, 350x262)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>29604593
>>
Bump
>>
So, uhh, what the hell is Ningen? Was it real creature or just made up story by those Japanese whalers?
>>
>>29689690
far as i know it was a 2ch creepypasta thing
>>
File: roadsaltusuage1.jpg (56 KB, 500x405)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>29683630
>but when i think of the midwest i don't include the rust belt states.
The Midwest is entirely made up of rust belt states though.

But anyway, I haven't heard of any ayy community at the bottom of Lake Michigan before. What makes you think so? (I don't know as much about ayys or where there have been UFO sightings at.)

Also, the southern end of Hummel Park is pretty close to the Missouri river. On Google Maps it looks like there's also a few areas there that like to flood with water, and there's also a few channels or drainage ditches that people made. But regardless, animals traveling half a mile or more for water isn't unheard of.

The Lake Okoboji monster looks pretty cool too. (The name sounds like Lake Okeechobee. Speaking of which, here's a not so fun fact: There is a shit ton of human remains in Lake Okeechobee, and people can't really figure out why.)

Also, based and spoopy image.
>>
>>29684300
Agreed, sometimes you just gotta sit there. Running away could mean certain death. Some animals like to hunt in pursuit, rather than just waltzing up on their prey whenever regardless.

(A little message to all the anons reading this. It might just save your life someday.)
>>
>>29684989
Idk, probably the same person who thought of the fur bearing trout. Both are pretty based though.
>>
>>29685303
Look behind you...
>>
>>29596914
Cryptids come from other planets and dimensions, they get to our dimension through portals in the woods and in the ocean anywhere where there's not a lot of humans or human traffic around and most of the missing 411 people are falling into these portals because their invisible and can open an close at anytime
>>
>>29688325
Based
>>
>>29690808
I forget where I heard this, but supposedly there was someone who was walking through the woods and stepped through a portal, and there was some scary creature who said to him "Got you!", but the guy quickly stepped backwards through the portal before he got "got".
>>
>>29651995
Sorry for going missing, hurricane was a bitch
Yes the backward feet are a thing here

Extremely violent and aggressive with a deer snout on a monkey face, they are known for tripping people/cattle then dragging them through rocks/asphalt or the woods

We Aliso have demon babies wich aren't related, ballon headed kids with black eyes and little shadow people with a third hand in their chest but none qualify as a gnome or duende from the south of Honduras and the like or the northern parts of Mexico having literal duende from European folklore
>>
>>29600205
There's shit in the wilderness all over Canada, bears wolves and mountain lions are the least of your concerns.
>>
Bump
>>
>>29690792
>very rare fur bearing trout pepe (do not steal)
>>
Bump
>>
>>29655566
So you've ran into one then? I mean how else could you proclaim that?
>>
>>29667197
Real
>>
>>29690792
Fake af
>>
>>29655566
I've theorized before that the reason people spill their spaghetti around Bigfoot is because it ingest poisonous plants without getting sick and releases the harmful psychoactive alkaloids through its pheromones and sweat. You'd start experiencing paranoia, hearing voices and visual distortions simply from the chemicals in the creature's scent and waste
>>
>>29604593
Fun fact: Mountain Whale (Yama Kujira) is also the traditional Japanese name for wild boar
>>
>>29667197
>The hand looks human to me and everytime there’s a chance of getting a better view, the camera or flashlight point some other way. At least it's entertaining.
I guess it is a human hand, maybe it's staged. I remember another Russian channel about some devil creature trapped in an old-school deer trap or something (basically it was a hole in the ground with sticks covered in lose snow to make some kind of boobie trap - cruel, but efficient). Was discussed some months ago here and the conclusion was fake.

>What do you think boys?
Well, barn jews or some shit are probably fake anyways, but hobos and gypsies simply invading your territory, living in your attic/toolshed/your fucking car as you leave it somewhere for a week and fucking up your shit are a very real thing in eastern Europe and Russia. They simply just get in there and claim it their own place now
(I don't really know, but I heard from family members that they don't really acknowledge property since they - the real gypsies, not just bums - have some sort of weird cult-religion that doesn't know such things)

So maybe it's fake but these kinds of things do happen. Where my family hails from, there have been a couple of unattained houses due to families moving away and just keeping the property or sudden deaths and legal stuff to be settled before the lawful owner could really move there - and in the course of about 1.5 years all of them were invaded by those people and the roofs collapsed, floors were ripped out, etc. cuz they just take whatever they need (like firewood, tiles, furniture and whatnot) and just leave if you can't stay there anymore
>>
>>29695125
Not that guy but fight or flight is a real bitch, not a lot of people resist the urge to run or stay still like a fucking deer on floodlights
>>
Are there any good resources you'd recommend for a bong to research american cryptids. Particularly the chupacabra, but I'd take anything.
Documentaries, websites, anything I can see for free.
If it matters to you, this is for a tabletop game i'm GMing, but i'm generally open to the possibilities.
>>
>>29596914
Everything cryptid related is explained, here: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/beyond-top-secret-texan-podcast/id1532947838
>>
Bump
>>
Bump
>>
>>29696535
Focus on non Mexican cases
Ignore anything dog related
Have fun
>>
>>29602832
you see its ears flap up when it moves right
>>
Bump
>>
>>29598814
The fact that it doesn't blink once makes me think it's a costume.
>>
>>29689690
I personally think it was an albino Humpback or Blue Whale. They look really eerie, especially when you don't know what it is.
>>
>>29682181
>among us
sus?
>>
>>29601737
The dogman is a type of sasquatch I believe. The video does seem a little sus because it is dark and blurry and the creature is not blinking and moves in a stiff kind of way.
>>
Bump
>>
Bump
>>
>>29694053
Based
>>
>>29695929
What?... Sauce?

I have never heard of that before.
>>
>>29696215
Man, Eastern Europe is like the "Wild West". i.e. everything is abandoned, everyone is stealing from each other, and "first come, first served" Shit's fucked.

Where's your family from though?
>>
>>29696433
Yeah. Everyone likes to imagine themselves being tough and resilient and all that, but things feel a lot different in the moment, than before or after.
>>
>>29597833
A cigarette is a fag, not a faggot you imbecile
>>
File: dogman.jpg (183 KB, 343x467)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>29696535
I got some stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEMLW-kaQI_LCmaCYKnfq_Q

https://cryptidstudiesinstitute.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoytHpQy4CqSsXZ7jeJo3Fw

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC45XWpD2N9tf2E0hqepD5zg

https://dogmanencounters.com/

https://northamericandogmanproject.com/

https://www.thecryptocrew.com/

https://cryptidz.fandom.com/wiki/Cryptid_Wiki

And here's some copypasta from earlier in the thread here >>29607726

Also, here's a couple maps of dogmen sightings. They might help point you in a direction.

https://northamericandogmanproject.com/encounters

And the one from https://dogmanencounters.com/
goo_(DOT)_gl_(SLASH)_dHdKhs

I also found this other map recently. It's got like pins on the map with like stories and sightings... and stuff. Honestly I haven't really looked at it very much, but they have some pretty interesting paranormal stuff on there.

https://www.werewoofs.com/maps/

Sorry for it being mostly werewolves/dogmen and not as much else. I just haven't looked into other things as much, so this is pretty much all I got. It's something at least.
>>
>>29696548
Looks interesting at first glance. I'll have to check it out sometime.
>>
>>29701495
Regardless of whatever it actually is, it certainly isn't a costume.
>>
File: JermaSus.png (372 KB, 360x450)
372 KB
372 KB PNG
>>29701973
Indeed. That m8 is very sus, bro.
>>
>>29703709
>The dogman is a type of sasquatch I believe.
How so?
>>
>>29706924
It is now.

>Yo, you got a pack of faggots? I could really go for a smoke right now.
>Yeah, lemme just call them up.
>Wot?...
>>
File: wtf.jpg (38 KB, 620x361)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
I think a Wendigo is fucking with me.
I had a vision of something that was pointed out to be a near perfect description of a Wendigo look right through my window.
A couple weeks before this I had a dream I saw a silhouette that looked like him (now that I have context) outside my window as well.

What the fuck do I do? I think he wants a piece of me in one way or another
>>
>>29707630
I'd say cut off your hand with a chainsaw, and replace it with said chainsaw, and then go dual wielding a chainsaw arm and a shotgun and show him who's boss. And you gotta say "groovy". If you don't say it, it doesn't count.

Lol, but in all seriousness, I'm not really sure if there's anything that wards them off or anything like that, but do you have any guns? If so, then what caliber? Also, what did it look like? I know you said it looks like a wendigo, but a lot of people use the name wrongly for other things. Did it look something like pic related?
>>
anyone see the tik tok some girl took either on a farm or on some native American reservation... It's of a corn field with the sun setting behind it and there's the top half of a man's silhouette standing completely still. Every few seconds a scream echoes but it cuts off really abruptly everytime. one of the scariest depictions of a skinwalker I've seen.
>>
>>29707780
Anyone have a link to this?
>>
>>29707772
No guns. I have knives and gardening implements and some other more "novelty" stuff if that makes a difference at all, and from what I hear it doesn't.

What I saw did not look like pic related. Mine had the head of a deer or an elk. In the dream it was smaller than when I saw it in the vision meaning I guess it grew? Or maybe Im remembering it wrong. Like I said I only saw its silhouette in the "dream". The clearest image Ive seen of it was in the vision I had while sitting in my bed on my laptop. A huge grey furred deer or elks head with blind-white eyes. It looked like it had Chronic Wasting Disease. Staring straight through my window with a 1000 yard gaze. I turned to look and it wasnt there but it scared the shit out of me either way for some reason.
It resembled pic related the most from all the images Ive seen. Im not into cryptids and I only came here for advice so I really dont know much about it all.

Oh, and I figure it had to be 7-9 feet tall base on the way I saw it through the window both times if that helps.
>>
>>29707860
Sorry, when I said "pic related" the first time I meant your picture. Mine looks like the image I posted. Is it a skinwalker? Some sort of omen? Somebody told me it was a wendigo and that I need to fear for my life if it ever decides to come back.
>>
>>29707780
Damn I've been looking too, that shit was wack.
>>
>>29596914
Bro is that trogdor????
>>
File: ihN3m.png (88 KB, 800x630)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
>>29708016
>>
Seriously I need some help
>>29707630
>>29707860
>>29707875
Here.
Im afraid to go to sleep if that thing has a chance of showing its face again.
>>
Ok Im going to bed now. Ill post here if Im alive in the morning. Ive been Googling around and seeing dead-deer and "Wendigos" (if thats really what it is) in dreams and visions apparently isnt the best thing. If I see it again Im going all out though. Itll be eating with my dogs or being eaten by my dogs if it rears its ugly head around here again.
OK as Im writing this I hear doors/windows moving in my house so I guess its showtime. Ill see you on the other side if I manage.
>>
>>29707860
>>29707875
>>29708073
>>29708216
Actual wendigos according to folklore don't look like that. The name "wendigo" as well as "skinwalker" have somehow been been conflated to mean something extremely broad, but in reality they are two specific things.

It might not be a wendigo or a skinwalker though. It might be some kind of ghost. Have you had any other experience with this thing, i.e. seen it any other time, or had any other dreams or visions about it?
>>
>>29706826
I just said it's a theory I came up with
>>
>>29607547

Tripfags have ALWAYS BEEN egotistical fuckwads that ruin this board. They can never be believed, ever ever.

Mortified means embarassed you fucking stupid no brained mongrel
>>
>>29708283
Ok Im back. As is typical for me I never go to bed when I say I do. Let me tell my story in a broader detail.

The dream happened in maybe sometime between May-August but I honestly have no idea when. In the dream I open my eyes and feel an Evil presence approaching. I am terrified. Its right outside my window. It has a head shaped sort of like the helmet that the Mouth guy wears in the Lord of the Rings movies but I cant really make anything out because despite the full-moon it is shrouded in shadow. I try to scream. I try to throw my laptop at it (I know it was a dream, or at least a partial hallucination since I dont sleep with my laptop like some sort of addict). I cant do either. Eventually as I lay their in my terror I decide not to be afraid. The dream ends. I wake and declare I have won over fear and ignore it for a while.

The second encounter occurred 2 days ago while I was on my laptop (the one I am posting from) in bed. I begin to think of fear. Suddenly its image appears to me. A deer (or possibly an elk)s head. Huge and grey haired with white foamy (like a bland mans) eyes. It looks dead like those deer you see in videos with Chronic Wasting Disease. It is staring straight through my window. I turn to see if its there and of course it isn't. It still terrifies me for some reason, and I think about it till I distract myself and fall asleep.

Today I post on another board about it and someone freaks out and starts posting about how its a wendigo and if I dont salt my doors and windows, keep a light on, and pray to a guardian angel that it will eventually arrive in physical form because apparently if I dream about it that means Im "spiritually in tune" and hes obsessed with me.

I start to put two-and-two together and realize that the being/apparition/embodiment of fear that I saw in my dream is the same as the image that sprang forth into my mind 2 days ago.
ERROR POST TOO LONG
>>
>>29708607
(continued)
The odd shaped head is a rack and snout.

Other information that may be of importance is that despite me being on ground floor you would need to be somewhere between 7-9 feet tall for me to see you like I saw this "thing" outside of my window.

I think you may be more correct in guessing it to be some kind of apparition or spirit than a Wendigo or Skinwalker. Thats because for one: I live in an area where a lot of deer are hunted. I have never hunted myself (but plan to this year). Also, there is a large logging operation that has just shutdown right next door to me property. Maybe its some spirit that was disturbed or something.
Also the aura of pure fear that washes over me when I see it has more supernatural implications than supernaturally powered implications. It doesnt feel human. Also, I think a wendigo would make itself a little more apparent than just dreams and visions right? And wouldnt a skinwalker rip me to shreds?

I really dont know what to think. Im not an /x/ native but this definitely has me freaking out. Im honestly hesitant to turn the light out now but if I want to function at all tomorrow I have to get some sleep soon.
>>
How do I find more cryptids from my area? I’m tired of hearing about hoopsnakes and skunkapes.
>>
>>29709024
Forgot to mention I’m from Florida.
>>
>>29709030
I think the cryptids are scared of Floridaman

You won't find anything willing to cross people in densely populated areas, your best bet is skimming through reports of swamp people or to search through the archives of people that go deep in the swamp to do research on mosquitoes, they have to go pretty deep so if someone ever saw something it must be either of those
>>
>>29701973
>sus?
sus.
>>
Bump
>>
Bump
>>
>>29708546
I'm merely just quoting what someone else wrote.

>They can never be believed, ever ever.
I walked into the kitchen today... Is that hard to believe? :)
>>
>>29708607
>>29708655
Still there? Did anything else happen last night?

It could just be some sort of ghost messing with you. I'm not really sure what else to say. It doesn't sound like an actual living creature like a skinwalker or wendigo. Also, what area of the country do you live in?
>>
Bump
>>
>>29714584
Yeah Im still here. You may have seen my other thread that I posted last night before I came to post here. It got some popularity it seems.

At this point I am 99% sure its a ghost or apparition or spirit of some sort. Im West Tennessee. My brothers dog went off for about an hour and a half straight tonight at seemingly nothing and I am hearing weird noises again. My lamp flickered and the internet is going in and out. I may have actually seen something move outside my window but honestly I think Im just fooling myself with that one.

My main goal now isnt to hurt it or anything, I just want it to buzz off and stop trying to spook me while Im sleeping. What interest would it have with me anyway?
>>
>>29717090
In my experience no one is special, these things are just up to opportunity or chance
>>
>>29717103
Hey Ive got no quarrels with being the chosen one as long as I get a good nights rest. Its not even the fact the the thing appears to me every night, because it doesnt, its the fact that it MAY appear to me again and ruin a perfectly good nights sleep while scaring the shit out of me.

Do you think there is a way to get rid of him? Convince him to go back next door? Or maybe just make him stop? Somebody told me I shouldnt talk outloud to him.
>>
>>29717090
I haven't seen the thread. Could you post a link?

Anyway, it could possibly just be messing with you for entertainment or something. I suppose maybe we should wait and see if this continues.

I mean at least it's not like the Elder Scrolls 2: Daggerfall ghosts moaning "VEN-GEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCE" every 5 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPJb24EMRA8
>>
>>29717136
>Somebody told me I shouldnt talk outloud to him.
Mexican wisdom is to curse it call I a fag ass wench and pee where it appears
I'm not joking, that's a common way to deal with apparitions if you are not a pious man that believes in the lord Jesus, there are too many tales in wich throwing a jar of pee to ghosts or apparitions worked for the better, also dogs a lot of spooky cunts are said to hate dogs by our elders

Calling them out loud it's said to count as an invitation, can't reccomend it, a lot of things hate being challenged only to meet holy water in the vicinity, never call anything is a wise advice, don't negotiate just insult
>>
>>29717835
>don't negotiate just insult
I've heard a few stories where the person pretty much just said
>can u like, plz stop
And it did actually work. I mean, might as well try and see if telling it to stop would work if it persists.

But if it still persists afterwards, then the gloves are OFF, and we're bustin' out the piss bottles and best one-liners we can think of. Now it's wartime!
>>
>>29717835
its called jarate, anon.
>>
>>29707156
Kek
>>
Bump
>>
Bump
>>
>>29717136
I'd say stop fearing it first if it appears in your dreams, it's your turf so your rules and the worst thing to happen is for you to wake up. Actually stop fearing it in general, if i'm not wrong a spiritual entity would require a ton of "energy" to physically manifest to the point of being able to harm you for whatever reason.
>>
Could jinns from Islam be considered as cryptids?
I live in Bosnia, a predominantly Muslim country, and while I am not religious myself, my grandfather was, and during his life he would often talk about jinns and he even claimed to have seen them a couple of times.
I also know a few others that claim seeing them, and their potential existence fascinates me.

Again, this is just what I remember being taught as a kid, but basically the Jinn live alongside humans, with their own civilizations religions etc. But they are in a parallel world to ours, that remains invisible unless they decide to show themselves to us. Their descriptions vary a lot, but the ones my grandfather saw had ashy skin, his face looked like an upside down human face, but more ugly and grotesque, very hairy. The one he saw clearly was climbing up from a dry Well towards him, asking him to talk to him
My grandpa was a young guy at the time waiting for a girl to sneak out so that they could go hook up I guess, but he got scared, ran away and blew off the girl. Later she was upset at him and said that the well was empty when she showed up.

The other time happened later on in his adult life.
He was taking a picture with my grandmother and he got started by a Jinn up in the tree above them
But when he blinked the Jinn was actually a snake dangling from the branch above. He thinks that this was a "good" one that tried to give him a literal heads up so he can get away from the snake.
So does anyone else have any Jinn knowledge or experience?
>>
Is anyone familiar with the "Dark 'un?" It was mentioned in a book, supposed to be a local legend in the backwoods of Tennessee or Georgia in the 40s. Lives in the woods, it's grey and has tentacles, sort of leech like. An ambush predator. Has anyone heard of this or was it made up for the book? It had a lot of pop culture references from the time period so I was never sure.
>>
Bump
>>
>>29717861
So what youre saying is I need to piss the bed
>>29721692
So what youre saying is i need to STOP pissing the bed?

Im beginning to get a little confused here. To be serious though, the first time it showed up in my dream I ended the encounter by deciding not to fear it. May as well work again.

What is the best way to get a positive ID on it though? Im curious now what or who it is.
>>
About two years ago I was out in the woods on my father's property. They were pretty comfy because I grew up in the house next to them, but I felt off the whole time I was walking. 20 minutes into the woods, I saw a birch tree that looked ¿cartoonish? and started vibrating like a guitar string when I noticed it. It stayed for a few seconds and then flowed down to the ground and twitched away. Instantly had all of my hair prickling, I autopilot walked back home and felt an intense spiritual hatred directed at me until I got out, at which point I was just regular uncomfortable and ran back to the house. Still can't go in there, no idea what/if it was.
>>
Bump
>>
Anything fun I can find in Kitsap county in the pnw
>>
File: p1.jpg (108 KB, 993x517)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>29726902
>pnw
>>
Bump
>>
>>29707780
anyone know anything about this>?
>>
>>29727726
Does anyone know anything about this?
>>
Bump
>>
>>29724353
It's a Mexican thing you make the apparition uncomfortable, demons hate to be challenged too
Telling something to piss off works a lot here, it's almost like asserting dominance, same reason with duendes are said to lose it with horse shit or pee in the front door or windows
>>
>>29655687
Would you mind telling the rake story? I’m always looking for more tales of crawler-like entities.
>>
>>29604550
I understand you, I think I had a big foot encounter last week and eventhough I took pictures I forgot to record the unnatural sounds I heard. Also I was high so I thought it was better to leave.
It was the classic wood striking wood sound, two hits, very close but down a ravine in a dry riverbed. Eventhough I believed in big foot already, I didnt know the wood strikes were part of their behaviour, only after I googled it I realized it could have been a big foot.
Makes sense as well, here in Hueland we are having the worst drought in 92 years, there are lots of hills, valleys and woods where I am, maybe they could have come closer to look for water in the dry riverbed?
I went there again once after this, heard no noises, even tried to replicate the wood strikes and realized whatever was making those sounds was a LOT stronger than me.
Besides the wood striking, I was also hearing a weird noise that kinda seemed like wood creaking and a yawn. Been in nature all my life, never heard such sounds.
>>
>>29730091
also I heard the noises before I got high, so I know whatever I heard was real, not imagined.
>>
Bump
>>
Bump
>>
Bump
>>
Bump
>>
>>29724353
Yeah you heard me, stop pissing the bed. Maybe you are being gauged to see if you are worth the effort. Or maybe you are really fucked and beyond saving but either way it's not worth it being worried like that.
>>
Bump
>>
Sorry I haven't been talking lately, I've been busy.
>>
File: Nagual.jpg (941 KB, 1624x1624)
941 KB
941 KB JPG
New thread: >>29738644

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.