[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Original thread: >>29295441
Hey friends. I know the very basic equipment but not even that one, what am I to buy in order to start completely from scratch?

From a post in the old thread:

"Bunsen burners are fine but hotplate is a must, you need temperature control, below flame temp (plus the burner isn't worth anything unless you have gas). Also if you wanna do some actual chemistry you'll need oxidizing and reducing agents for a lot of things, and those will probably be hardest to come by, sodium nitrite is good, borohydride is good, look up some stuff related to that.

Other useful equipment:
UV lamp
filters + filter flask
latex tubing (best general chemical resistance; good for connecting nitrogen/vac lines)
a vacuum pump
Nitrogen (for creating inert atmosphere)
large heavy plastic bag (for filling with nitrogen for inert atmosphere)
acids and bases (can get good HCl and hydroxides from most hardware stores)

I'll post some more later if I think of anything good"

what else?
Thank you friends I wish you the best let's have a good thread
>>
bump
>>
I am no alchemist but I happen to know chemistry because of my background, here's some advice
>Magic affects chance in a manner which is (at best) directly proportional to your will so this means transmuting metals is plain impossible
>Your best bet at achieving results are in the realm of biochemistry and microbiology
>It is most useful to accelerate the speed at which a reaction takes place but that skill is almost useless.
Alchemy shares many similarities with potion brewing in that you try to project an idea by mixing things which are symbolically related to the idea to end up with something with the properties you envisioned. However, I have the impression that you see alchemy as equal parts magic and chemistry in effort, which couldn't be more wrong. You'll have to learn how to medidate, visualize and lucid dream before you even think of excerting your will into a brew successfully and when you begin to do it you will fail plenty of times but you musn't give up.
>>
>>29301500
thank you friend
to be specific I'm looking to do basic chemistry with some esoteric things attached to it
Im not trying to transmute anything into gold
Im trying to make concoctions to improve quality of life
>>
>>29300879
far out anon the alchemical work isnt with material chemicals
>>
>>29301767
good luck then
>>
>>29300879
make all of your equipment yourself.. understand the world around you, never buy a chemical you can't reproduce, create your organization system based on your perception. or be as you were, follow the path of purposeful limitation.

>>29301500

bet you can't refine shit for yourself without using something you didnt refine yourself, you have no idea what transmutation is since you don't use your perception, you just take "tried and true" formulas, which are specifically made to be identified by their result, and you repeat them exactly.. i'm sure you have an extensive lists of chemical reactions that obviously would give the same results over and over again. every variable is aligned to itself, science has sunk so far.
>>
bump
>>
>>29302275
this is exactly what I'm trying to achieve in the end. Thank you friend.
>>
File: 1519190249573.jpg (133 KB, 1024x1448)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>29300879
If you want to play chemist then go play chemist.
Alchemy, as in the occult science, has little to nothing to do with earthly chemistry and everything to do with the transformation of the human soul.

As such throw out the beakers and buy a pack of tarot cards.
>>
>>29302338
>i found a reason to try and do nothing, better share it quick before someone does something and i might regret.

seriously anon... tarot has its uses, but it is not a conduit for energy transmutation. neither are beakers, but seeking to understand and interact with the universe is more than asking a question and reading the answer from a booklet of card interpretations. gaining self awareness allows one to gain the best of divinations from simply hearing the shape of silence between the sounds of now. bet your tarot can predict how harmful considering this point of view could be to you, woah what insight!
>>
>>29302442
> he doesn't know the true use of the tarot
educate yourself bro, tarot is intimately connected with the western and near eastern mystery traditions, philosophical and practical qabalah and kabbalah. Alchemy included. But i do also feel like going into a lab and doing experiments is a useful perspective to have on the book of the Mysteries of Nature, even if a lot of the modern notions of spiritual alchemy are being projected onto past thinkers who didn't have such notions and were really concerned with creating physical gold or a range of (unrealisticly) magical substances.
>>
>>29302442
x people are always quick to shit on anyone trying something, don't bother but good post and thank you for it
>>
There is no strictly spiritual alchemy, and there was never one in the west. There is a secret, occult and lost science (probably taught by fallen angels) that works on the spiritual and material plane. However, anything but embracing Christ is cheap spirituality and can easily get you involved with demonic energies, so it's not a good idea to get involved in.
>>
>>29303105
I agree on the latter, thank you. As I said I'm looking to do basic chemistry mostly not really turning anything into gold. More learning how things work and are made and how to change them thats it
>>
>>29301901
>the alchemical work isnt with material chemicals
>>
Sometimes anon alchemist write in code so while they may say ‘water’ they’re actually talking if the lower abdomen and ‘fire’ can mean heart.
Internal alchemical work is in my opinion much more interesting and I recommend Fang and lu kuan Yu ( the formers work on Taoist yoga is very practically instructional)
>>
>>29303224
"Alchemy is goddess worship."
> Fulcanelli
>>
>>29303245
Fulcanelli was a material alchemist and ridiculed the so called 'spiritual alchemists'.
>>
File: 20210722_092835.jpg (173 KB, 615x439)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>29300879
I think the alchemical goal of turning shit into gold is about changing one's own perception. Chemistry, engineering, linguistics, computer tech, art, literature.. I think these are all valid avenues and worthy pursuits with an alchemical mind. They are ways to model and externalize the "great work".
As we understand and practice the manipulation of these systems, so we also master reality.
>>
>>29301500
So you think Alchemy is still possible?

What are some examples of products where you have excerted your will succesfully?
>>
>>29303393
Time and effort - transmutation- patience and self control
May not seem like much but with enough you can set yourself on fire without moving.
Only through equivalent exchange though.
>>
>>29303410
>Only through equivalent exchange though.
You mean like in FMA?
>>
>>29303471
A lot of fma is based of actual ancient texts.
You can’t just magic yourself to being the kind of man who can silently burn alive. That is an equivalent product of a lifetime of dedication and practice.
Even the concept of the great gate being inside every person is based on ancient alchemy. (Pic rel)
The writer of fma is female so a lot of it is from the feminine path”” or women’s internal alchemy. The author of the base texts it’s compiled from is Feng one of the first alchemists to develop a practical process for transmuting the light body
>>
>>29303523
Fang*
>>
>>29303523
Interesting. Why would you want to set yourself on fire though out of all the possible outcomes of performing alchemy
>>
>>29303703
https://m.timesofindia.com/videos/news/burning-monk-vietnamese-monk-who-immolated-himself-against-ngo-dinh-diem/videoshow/69729654.cms

No not at all. It was just something a monk did in protest of the treatment of his people.
Monks don’t have “ super powers” they in some cases from childhood have dedicated their lives to enlightenment.
Taoist yoga says that the amount of dedication and Ernest effort will be equivalent to the strength and capability of the body and mind. These transmutations often involve extraordinary expectations like constant days long physical strain, long periods of silence and in women starving oneself until they don’t menstruate for 9 months
>>
bump for a good thread
>>
>>29300879
This is what you are looking for scribd.com/doc/55870561/Steve-Kalec-The-Home-Made-Laboratory
I have no why idea why you would need things like UV lamps.
>>
>>29304788
thank you
>>
>>29304788
UV is a source of energy that accelerates reactions. Often heat and UV energy are interchangable, sometimes UV is preferable because you can select for thermodynamic vs. kinetic reaction mechanisms. And as a bonus you can use it to sterilize things.
>>
>>29305192
any material where I can read more about this? It sounds very interesting. Thank you.
>>
bump
>>
Start with the emerald tablet. You don't need any chemicals yet.
>>
there is a progression to lab alchemy
a lot of people seriously injure themselves either psychologically or with heavy metal poisoning when they branch into the mineral kingdom

a good start would be to learn medieval herbalism (such as Culpepper's Complete Herbal), then learn spagyrics. First start with making alcohol tinctures of herbs, then extracting the essential oils, then making spagyrics. You can play around with fun stuff at this point like the influence of elemental and astrological energies on the tinctures. It would be good to have previously developed some minor clairvoyance and energy sensitivity, prior to this, through meditation. If you make plant tinctures correctly you should notice the planetary energies and feel the chakra ruled by the planet be activated.
Mastery of the plant kingdom is demonstrated by producing a plant stone, or at least a magistery.
Then you can move to the mineral kingdom, which can be much more powerful, but extremely more dangerous. Never ingest heavy metals - do detailed research on toxicology of heavy metals - even organic tin compounds are highly liver toxic even though inorganic tin salts are relatively safe.
Less is more with metallic tinctures, as it is possible to make tinctures that are far more powerful than you can psychologically handle. Weak metallic tinctures are perfectly sufficient to make good, steady and safe spiritual growth, while strong metallic tinctures can be extremely dangerous on an energetic, emotional and psychological level.

Success in alchemy comes from God. Reading the Bible and praying for success is good, and a very traditional way of approaching alchemy, with reverence to God. Many people spend years reading books with no results, and many others will be injured. But there will be some that are granted the rewards. Some people just do not have the appropriate karma for success in lab alchemy.
>>
Astrologically alchemy belongs to Saturn and the 12th house, although you also need a strong Mercury so that you will have understanding and the intelligence to penetrate the blinds.
Read, read, read and you will start to put things together.
Meditating with crystals and doing energy experiments with them is a good intro to the energies of the mineral kingdom in a pretty safe way.
>>
salt, sulphur, mercury
body, soul, spirit
body, energy, consciousness
as Taoist Yoga says: the goal of alchemy does not go beyond the realization of spirit (consciousness) and energy. The same is true of lab alchemy.

Akasha the spirit, the balancing force, the uncreated light, the observer. The energetic elements (water, air, fire). The earthly body.

A plant stone is mastery of the plant kingdom.
A mineral stone is mastery of the mineral kingdom. The animal stone is to transmute the alchemist himself to a spiritualized man. The most potent products of the animal kingdom are the alchemist himself. Semen is a potent tool of spiritual growth.

The world consists of mind, and so the first matter is consciousness.
>>
>>29307761
Wry well said anon
>>
thanks to all for participating will read and contribute if thread is still up when I wake up
>>
>>29307635
thank you for this friend. I hope you are here tomorrow as well
>>
>>29300879
try inner alchemy, rather than potion mixing.
my favourite of the 3, so far.
>>
bump
>>
bump
>>
good thread
>>
>>29303385
Don't suppose anyone has a higher resolution image of this?
>>
bump
>>
Surface Alchemy for the plebs is just ancient chemistry. Dig a little deeper and you’ll get Jungian interpretation of Alchemy. Dig even deeper and it’s basically just reality hacking, same shit we did with meme magic, just different method to achieve. There’s probably a way-way easier to achieve gnosis than getting mercury poisoning, DMT, or years of meditation and celibacy.
>>
ALCHEMY. - A science by which things may not only be decomposed and recomposed (as is done in chemistry), but by which their essential nature may be changed and raised higher, or be transmuted into each other. Chemistry deals with dead matter alone, but Alchemy uses life as a factor. Everything is of a threefold nature, of which its material and objective form is its lowest manifestation. There is, for instance, immaterial spiritual gold, ethereal fluid and invisible astral gold, and the solid visible, material and earthly gold. The two former are, so to say, the spirit and soul of the latter, and by employing the spiritual powers of the soul we may induce changes in them that may become visible in the objective state. Certain external manipulations may assist the powers of the soul in their work; but without the possession of the latter the former will be perfectly useless. Alchemical processes can therefore only be successfully undertaken by one who is an Alchemist by birth or by education. Everything being of a threefold nature, there is a threefold aspect of Alchemy. In its higher aspect it teaches the regeneration of the spiritual man, the purification of the mind, thought, and will, the ennobling of all the faculties of the soul. In its lowest aspect it deals with physical substances, and as it leaves the realm of the living soul, and steps down to hard matter, it ends in the science of modern chemistry of the present day.

-Life of Paracelsus
>>
>>29312772
Already aware but thank you frienddd
>>
bump
>>
bump
>>
File: mandrake.jpg (260 KB, 1067x1600)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
Anon you should also take up gardening. Not only are herbs essential for any alchemical labwork but one of the original alchemical focuses was in agriculture attempting to create the man-plant.

You'll actually see many principles come into play with experience such as the concept of as above so below with root and leaf systems. Understanding transmutation through the conversion of carbon nitrogen et al into plant and fruit. You must understand the four elements (fire->sun, water->rain, earth->soil, air -> oxygen, nitrogen). Even the act of compassion & understanding plays a role in one's gardening effectiveness showing the alchemical importance of spiritual development.

All alchemical principles can be applied to gardening.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.