[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I believe religion as an instrument of control. I think it is only natural to view the figure that rebelled against god as the symbol of freedom.
>>
>>28152402
You can have God and freedom.

But yeah, organized religion is wack bro
>>
>>28152402
you hook people in with abuse just to make these stupid threads? do you understand just how stupid this is? and how this particular thread is right now? along with the ones?
>>
>>28152463
What are you talking about schizo
>>
I think religion can be a good way to get answer to some of the questions than haunt us the most but it's also obvious it's a very great political tool.
>>
>>28152475
your bad acting and shitty influence you coward cuck
>>
>>28152514
Kek another crazy christie.
>>
>>28152626
would love to know what you're like irl
>>
>>28152626
Oh nonono, you are not supposed to judge or threaten people, that's Lord's work! You'll burn in hell forever with me now, was it worth it?
>>
>>28152691
Post body
>>
>>28152713
you first faggot
>>
>>28152744
>n-no you
Did you peed your pants fatty? You are the one who started to act all tough. Kek you christcuck larpers are hilarious
>>
File: stop it.jpg (46 KB, 256x326)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>28152402
If you want figures that rebelled against God, look to the Watchers, not the made up being that is "Lucifer." The fact that a literal mistranslation from Hebrew to Latin has had such an impact on Christianity and Christian culture is a fucking shame. Not just that but the verse in the bible that once named "Lucifer" was someone directly talking to the king of Babylon. The idea about "Lucifer" taking on God and getting cast out of Heaven is also entirely fabricated and is a stolen Babylonian myth like most of early Hebrew mythology was.
>>
>>28152904
>look to the Watchers
Redpill me on these Watchers
>>
>>28152904
Care to elaborate? Where can I read about this stuff? Genuinely interested
>>
>>28152402
>rebel against the one who created you, not for the sake of ideology nor independence, but for your own vanity
>symbol of freedom by the way
>>
Religion is a guide for life. Governments and other such institutions corrupt its usage for their own gain and control of a populace. Religion is neutral just like science. Decrying science and technology as a whole simply because it gave us nuclear bombs while ignoring all of the positive things that those things brought about is silly. Same with religion.
>>
>>28152913
>>28152930
I'm not the guy, but perhaps you'll find these sources a good place to start. I wouldn't take all of this word for word, do your own research, but these sources will definitely give you a foundation to start with, of which you can correct and narrow down amongst the fellow anons who know more about the Watchers than I do.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/watchers-in-the-bible/

https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/words/Watchers

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/christiancrier/2015/08/26/who-were-the-watchers-in-the-bible/

https://spiritualgrowthguide.com/who-are-the-watchers-in-the-bible/
>>
>>28152913
>>28152930
I admittedly don't know much about them myself, other than from what I read in the Book of Enoch. The Watchers were angels who watched humanity in the earliest days, and became infatuated. They came to earth and mingled with humans, even taking wives, and taught early mankind how to forge weapons and armor, sorcery, science, astronomy, astrology, cosmetics, and many other things. According to the Book of Enoch, the half mortal children of the Watchers became the Nephilim or giants, and were pretty not good, as they had voracious appetites and eventually turned to even eating humans. It's also stated that because of the Nephilim and the Watchers, humanity turned to debauchery and hedonism, but since this is all according to Enoch, who was such a bootlicker to God and the archangels that he was turned into an angel, it should.be taken with a grain of salt to how bad things really were. These events lead to the Flood, the imprisonment of the Watchers under Dudael, and the destruction of the Nephilim, whose souls were sundered and became demons.
>>
>>28152402
>I believe religion as an instrument of control.
Then you have confused organized religion with the greatest blessing mankind has ever or will ever receive.
>I think it is only natural to view the figure that rebelled against god as the symbol of freedom.
That makes no sense whatsoever. Even within the mythos you have chained your worldview to, Lucifer was imprisoned.
>>
>>28152402
I think if you don't believe any of this then it is far more natural to be done with figures and symbols.
>>
>>28152402
Controlled by love, or controlled by law.
There is no possibility of the soul not being controlled.
>>
>>28152933
/thread
>>
>>28152402
Obviously.
>>
>>28152402
Black and white. Can't have one without the other. Do not exalt one above the other. Learn from both. Have compassion. Find balance.
>>
Well duh
>>
>>28152402
>I believe religion as an instrument of control.
babby's first deep thought
>>
>>28152402
Religion is the most powerful force humanity has ever known.
>>
>>28154523
balance between health and unhealth
what an unhealthy idea
>>
Wow a nihillist learn a book kid
>>
Bump
>>
>>28152402
>committing blasphemy in one swift post
enjoy hell lmao
>>
>>28154743
Can't have life without death. I could imagine a world full of immortals who wanted nothing more than death. Besides, I'm not sure you exactly know how health works. Our bodies are constantly regenerating, shedding dead things, making way for the new. What do you think would happen if it were to stop? All those toxins we ingest, where would they go? Is it healthy for a person to never experience death of a loved one? Would that person have more or less appreciation for life than those who experience the deaths we are meant to experience? Would we call that person wise? Would you seek their advice? Would a person who was sick and became well generally have more or less appreciation for life?
Yes, unhealth leads to health in many instances.
>>
>>28153218
He was imprisoned for helping us break free. He inspired us to separate ourselves from God.
>>
>>28152402

satan is better than god because nothing is offensive to him
>>
>>28154743

that would be wishful thinking

it doesn't make me particularly proud being part of a species which made this the focal point of survival
>>
>>28154743
>organized fear
Makes sense
>>
>I think it's only natural to view the figure responsible for all our worldly suffering and hatred of our fellow man as the symbol of freedom
He deceived you hard OP. It's not too late to make the right choice
>>
>>28152402
uwu Satan was the good guy
uwu hail baphomet

shut the fuck up
>>
>>28152402
this playlist will make you feel like a 19th century villain
>>
>>28159001
>the figure responsible for all our worldly suffering and hatred
Nah that was a literal fucking snake. Lucifer was a later retcon
>>
>>28152913
The Watchers were extraterrestrials. The Book of Enoch.
>>
>>28152402
That's like saying Stalin is a symbol of freedom because he rebelled against the monarchy.
>>
>>28159108
Not an argument you drooling retard. Give a clear reason for why Lucifer was wrong to rebel against Yahweh, someone who commits mass extinctions and punishes people for crimes that HE gave them the capacity to do. The shit written in the Torah is nasty, killing infants and ripping off foreskins is not something a truly wise and benevolent God would demand. You worship a semitic idol, not God.
>>
>>28152402
God and religion aren't the same thing.
>>
>>28152402
Close anon;
religion uses the metaphysical knowledge of the alphabet to keep their control
With their esoteric knowledge they can say whatever they want to keep control
limit the human speech into material and limited symbols to produce thought
and you control the material body

Sentence "I am" is a prison
As as you believe you exist, you are chained to the limited material symbols

Only got a limited amount of keys on your keyboard anon?
Interesting
>>
>>28160795
this goes for all forms of government
of a country or of a child
>>
>>28152402
>people are demonic
>take meds schizo
>100 more demonic threads
heh
>>
>>28160795
Yes. The fact that this is hard to realize tells you something. Peer behind the veil. Maybe that's what the bible was saying when it spoke of the veil falling in the temple. Except we are the temple and the words of people like christ help to dislodge the false beliefs and bring us closer to god. Remember: the teachers of religion were among jesus's greatest enemies. Get behind me you snakes.
>>
>>28152402
Bruh, the guy rebelling against god really hates your guts just for existing. Don't worship daddy issue edgelords, that's what /soc/ is for
>>
>>28152402
Something like that, but Satan is behind religions and God is hidden within.
>>
>>28161331
>guy rebelling against god really hates your guts just for existing
And yet the loving overlord is the one who wants you to suffer eternally for wrongthink
>>
>>28152402
It's impossible to rebel against God.
The world is the way it is because this is how God intended it to be...
>>
File: 1617908359714.jpg (85 KB, 1000x752)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>28161790
He doesn't, he just tells you that since he is the sole source of good in the universe avoiding him will result in suffering, imagine God is a bonefire and you're naked in a forest in Scandinavia in winter, if you walk too far you will freeze not because the fire hates you but because you are fucking stupid
>>
>>28161848
Man you christies make me sick, especially when you start warping up the Bible with your mental gymnastics and headcanons just to win an argument. It's a heresy and you will burn in hell for that
>>
The thing is, religion as control is actually necessary. There will always be a large percentage of people who you can't trust to behave themselves.
>>
>>28162070
I guess you are right. I always feel weird when some religious people say that god is the reason why killing/stealing/raping is not ok. I guess some people can't have morals without being threated
>>
>>28162099
You can 100% have a system of morality without God.
What you cannot do is compare your system to another and say that yours is "better" or "correct".
Because that comparison requires a standard outside of both systems to compare it to.
>>
>>28152402
You could have just said "I'm 14 years old" and saved some typing.
>>
>>28162143
>hehe, you just an edgy teen/redditor etc etc
Yawn
>>
>>28152402
yeah he based

god's a faggot niggerjew no doubt

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.