[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>literally spent his entire life testing for signs of the paranormal
>literally died without observing a single unexplainable phenomenon
it's all so depressing
>>
>>28150596
He shouldn't have cheated, then
>>
>>28150596
Honestly his criteria was dumb, to win his price you had to prove it how you did it, and "magic" wasn't taken for an answer.
>>
>>28150596
He was a fraud.
>>
>>28150596
S
>>
He became the idol for all the teenage pseudo-sckeptics in the world, so it wasn't all for nothing.
>>
many people in the thread seething already
>>
>>28150596
Who is this?
>>
>>28150873
Randi is a fag, and turned skepticism into the sniveling talmudism bag holder for neoliberalism it is today
>>
>>28150596
It is sad to see someone waste their life away for something that doesnt really exist. Atleast religous occupation usually amount to something.
>>
>>28150893
James Randi. I first heard of him when I read his book on various psychic phenomena called "Flim Flam". He had a sarcastic style that made fun of stuff like that. It wasn't long after that I found various other similar people on the internet. I even knew a pre-Reddit atheist type. His face was the literal image you think of when you imagine someone saying "I'm an atheist, debate me".
>>
>>28150596
was just researching this guy and what a suprise he was the biggest faggot ever and not one person actually "passed his criteria" he was just as much of a conman as the people he panned
>>
Randi wouldn't pay up if you summoned a dragon if front of him. Perfectly personifies everything that is wrong with skepticism today
>>
>>28150976
Implying such a thing is even possible
>>
>all these emotional outbursts ITT
Randi tested frauds and they failed.
Stark reminder that some posters in gnosticism/magic/astrology threads aren’t LARPing.
>>
>>28151087
Randi was a pseudo-skeptic. YOU are a pseudo-skeptic. No amount of coping will change that.
>>
>>28151124
I don't think he's the one coping anon...
>>
File: path to dreamworld.gif (2.3 MB, 512x512)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB GIF
>>28150596
>be demon
>nobody believes in you anymore
>some guy tries to get you do the usual activity like UFO stuff, shadow people, poltergeist, etc.
>do nothing
>can continue to cause mental illness and temptations, and because nobody believes in you they just think the solution is to fry their brain with medication, making it even worse
You know the reason we don't have more open activity from witches, vampires, and all these other things is because it is ALWAYS more advantageous for a demon to be hidden and unknown. There is a reason why getting a demons name in exorcisms is so important.
>>
>>28150596
>without
>>
>>28150596
wasn't he caught doing some creepy shit with kids?
>>
>>28151087
The only problem with his criteria is that if you did somehow manage to demonstrate something paranormal, it could still be questioned and he could ask for further demonstration with additional controls indefinitely because he wouldn't be convinced.

Also, I didn't know he passed away? I e-mailed him asking him where he sourced the information about the Pentagon spending millions of dollars to test if burning a picture of a missile would actually destroy it in real life. Guess that explains the lack of reply.
>>
>>28150596
(He) knew paranormal is real and worked to keep it as a taboo.
>spent his entire life testing for signs of the paranormal
Nothing but a lie.

>>28150665
>>28150928
These
>>
>>28150596
He didn't found magic here so moved on to the next world.
>>
>>28150596
That's what he got for being a faggot
>>
>>28150984
Do you have any tested evidence of him paying people?
>>
>>28150596
Imagine him as a ghost. The confusion would be hilarious
>>
>>28151964
Don't be naive. He knew.
>>
>>28150596
Him and carson cucking russian spoon faggot was funny. A lot of schizo freaks had their egos broken over this mans knee and that is kinda his real legacy. He even stopped people from buying those fake explosive detectors. Based and rip.
>>
>>28150596
James Randi is a high-level chaos magician with a specialty in creating an anti-magic field. He works for the Illuminati to "disprove" magical abilities and make sure the populace dont start believing in, exercising, and honing their latent psychic abilities.
>died
You believe that? Lol.
>>
>>28150873
Whole bunch of retards who sniffed glue and thought they saw answers in paintings on cards.
Occultism is retarded.
>>
So many people talking shit.
What is an example of a person that was fraudulently tested by Randi?
>>
>>28152518
Are you new on this planet or what? We can't talk about energies or magic without being called crazy. Those in power want to keep it all for themselves.
Randi was nothing but a face for one of the organization in charge suppression.
>>
>>28152004
lmao don't be a retard
>>
he was on the advisory board for the False Memory Foundation, so he was definitely a pedophile
>>
>>28152518
Talk about magic or energy off x and you're certified crazy

How anyone can actually believe in any of that is hecking weird but you do you. RIP to the jew, he seems to have kept it real
>>
>>28152618
You also believe there are no glowies posting in here?
And that the current form of capitalism isn't designed to consume us spiritually?
>>
File: 1614122845700.png (456 KB, 546x374)
456 KB
456 KB PNG
Teens adore him because he gives them easily digestible answers, kinda like Dawkins. They both pick the lowest of low to 'debunk' and then brag that they beat the 5ft kid in basketball. Stupid kids misinterpret this and think that Dawkins and Randi are pros at basketball and they latch on this belief, without ever refusing to take off their reddit colored glasses and look at the world anew. Because that takes effort and stepping out of your cocoon, or in this case, whatever edgy subreddit they frequent.
>>
>>28152705
Dawkins does that but he is honest, he really believes in what he does.
Unlike this subverting fuck who is currently enjoying the results of his "work".
>>
>>28152705
Also never make threads again you fuck. You still know nothing. No, you don't know that you don't know.
>>
>>28150873
>>28152103
happy little christians lol
>>
>>28152614
>>28152651
I won’t call you crazy if you provide evidence of someone who had supernatural abilities but was unfairly examined by Randi.

Unless he didn’t unfairly examine anyone and he rightly proved all he encountered frauds.
>>
>>28151718
Yeah but no one managed to demonstrate something paranormal
>>
>>28152735
Stop taking the bait, newfag
>>
>>28152797
The would, if dodgy Randi didn't keep moving the goalposts
>>
>>28152784
You work against your own kind for so little money. You have to believe in this since someone is paying you to talk against it. I can sense your intentions. Did the coffee machine break?
>>
>>28152784
>>28152797
James Randi is a high-level chaos magician with a specialty in creating an anti-magic field. He works for the Illuminati to "disprove" magical abilities and make sure the populace dont start believing in, exercising, and honing their latent psychic abilities.
Every single time he "debunked" a psychic, it is proving the paranormal.
>>
File: IMG_1081.jpg (19 KB, 327x188)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>28152797
I never said they did.
>>
>>28152813
Nope. Regardless of what he did, there was never any solid evidence for the paranormal.
>>28153036
Good.
>>28152903
Meds nao.
>>
>rejects all legitimate attempts for his prize
He rejected the Stanford research institute almost a dozen times
His stipulations say that he has the final decision on whether it's paid out or not
Oh and he was a board member of the false memory syndrome foundation (pedo apologists)
>>
>>28153048
>"contestants" obviously confused and frustrated, NOT shamed and sheepish like a person caught doing something wrong - i.e. they truly went in knowing their ability
>only Randi could ever debunk these people
Most people who awaken their latent psychic ability have no understanding of what or how, and thus when they come across someone as powerful as Randi and his anti-magic field, it utterly flummoxes and bewilders them.
>>
>>28152784
Dean Radin
>>
>>28153048
>there was never any solid evidence for the paranormal.

There would be, if dodgy Randi didn't keep moving the goalposts
>>
>>28153064
>Stanford research institute
Really?
>>
>>28153064
>false memory syndrome foundation (pedo apologists)
Do you believe all the people who recovered memories of alien abduction? Those can be fake, but the kiddy diddling ones are all real?
>>
holy shit
>>
>>28153104
look at the founders of the foundation
their daughter came out speaking of decades of sexual abuse and everyone in the family believed her. her parents then went into form the fmsf and hire "experts" to give evidence in court that kids thinks dreams are real
there was also a board member who would write opinion pieces for a pedo mag in europe
>>
>spend life testing things in bad faith
>not get shown anything that builds faith
who could have guessed
>>
>>28150626
Provably do something with magic.
>>
>>28152632
Underated comment.
>>
Dead faggot !
>>
Guarantee he attended pizza parties with Epstein, Shermer, Kraus, Pinker, Hitchens, Dawkins etc
>>
>>28150984
It is entirely possible to summon a dragon
>>
>>28154216
I hate when chef Ramsey goes to normal American zah places and then calls them bad. Like ok it's not some fancy stupid French pizza with thin crusts and leaves on top, but a good zah is supposed to be doughy with lots of oil and grease and meat. When I see him order big greasy zah and it falls apart when he tries to eat it, I think "damn, that looks like some good zah"
>>
>>28151495
Did you type "world through the eyes of a demon" in big sleep
>>
>>28151583
He was testing the kids to see if their uretras were real or not
>>
>>28151905
He moved on to the hell world and is now being diddled by the demons he claimed to not exist for all eternity
>>
>>28152091
Yes and also, he works for the vatican and the jewish jesuit freemason reptilea
>>
So one positive thing from Randi's work is the exposure of predatory psychic mediums, the kind that will talk to your dead wife or husband or whomever.

Such emotional predation is loathsome, and if he saved just one poor widow from being defrauded then Randi is not all bad.

I get furious when I think about "mediums" who prey on grieving families.
>>
>>28154453
The fact that he exposed Peter Popoff and he still gets millions in "donations" to this day tells me that I'm in the wrong line of work.
>>
If this was a thread about how much of a shitbag Randi could have been any of these replies attacking his character would be relevant. Can no one on this board answer the main question?
>>
>>28155003
What's the main question? I'm looking through OPs post and there is no question. Which of these posts is the "main question" that you demand us to spoonfeed the answer to? How are your reading comprehension skills? Obviously not too great. Your mom was right, you're stupid and a bastard child.
>>
My biggest issue with Randi is that his prize was practically designed to attract charlatans by having a large money sum attached, and the requirement to show your work is completely at odds with the fact that he was studying paranormal activity.
That rules out the two biggest possible sources, the religious ascetic and the spontaneous talent.
And I say this as someone that's usually very r/atheism about this type of stuff. But creating a "contest" and then narrowly defining the rules in such a way that no one will ever win is disingenuous bullshit, even if the results confirm my biases.
>>
>>28155069
Suck my cock. You are too stupid to infer what the question is. The best part of you was swallowed by your mother. Your entire post is a stupid deflection. OP states James Randi never found anything paranornal in his first post. Was James Randi a liar? Why was he a liar? Do you have a point that doesn't attack James Randi the person? Lastly go fuck yourself, you idiot.
>>
>>28151087
Many passed, but failed because he said so. He was a con artist. Good riddance.
>>
>>28153076
Couldn't find any info on Randi testing Radin at all. Do you have any link?
>>
>>28156493
>but failed because he said so
kek
>>
>>28152705
Poor Dawkins though
The “kids” were so indoctrinated that the moment he shifted from Christianity to Islam, they called him islamophobe and cancelled him.
Even his good ideas such as eugenics are ridiculed
Shows who is REALLY In charge
>>
>>28154242
Damn THET looks like a good zah!
>>
>>28150596
Oh he's dead again? lol Mandela Effects make celebrity deaths a joke anymore. That doubting nigger died several years ago on our original Earth 8000 light years away from the central core.
>>
>>28156580
Randi declined offers from Dean Radin to have a go at the test.
>>
>>28156769
You are such a fag. Eugenixxxx

Women already practice this through hypergamy.
>>
>>28157381
Except their shitty eugenic “method” always end up creating more psychos with lower iqs.
Females are just humans and they make mistakes.
Just like how chads with great genes waste it on short girls with low iq.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7CASghTzNhc
This video is a good example of why Randi ISN’T a fraud. First, he exposes pedo James Hydrick as a fraud.

After having done so Hydrick makes up an excuse as to why he failed the test. This is why Randi have those “impossible extra parameters” that this thread complains about. It is nothing but additional testing of excuses that exposed conmen make up.

>>28156493
Like who?
>>
>>28150596
>literally died without observing a single unexplainable phenomenon
>it's all so depressing
Yeah, he spent his life trying to disprove any spiritual dimension to being and awareness, but he was so focused on disproving stuff that he missed the constant affirmation of the miraculous nature of human incarnation in existence. What a retard.
>>
>>28150596

>Has a canned explanation for everything.
>Wonder why nothing seems unexplained.

You can look at a lot of things and explain then, but that isn't understanding them. Teachers explain mathematics but I highly doubt any of them understand its relation to the fabric of the universe; most probably have no idea of numbers' esoteric meaning or why certain ones show up everywhere.

I don't know, it just seems like for a "lel epic debunker" he didn't really get very far into mysticism. I'm sure he'd believe in aliens, too, whereas 100 years ago they'd just call them demons.
>>
>>28150596
>spends entire life in search of
>inspires others to do the same
>cycle repeats
sounds like we'll hit it eventually
>>
>>28150706
What exactly is a "Pseudo-skeptic"?? Lol
>>
>>28157878

A skeptic that isn't really sure he's a skeptic because he's such a skeptic; pseudo-skeptic is the chad of skeptics!
>>
>>28150596
>force people on stage to perform magic missile
>doesn't work
>"no such thing as stuff science doesn't understand confirmed"
>dies anyway
cool life bro
>>
File: 1582128118243.png (222 KB, 678x623)
222 KB
222 KB PNG
>>28152903
>James Randi is a high-level chaos magician with a specialty in creating an anti-magic field. He works for the Illuminati to "disprove" magical abilities and make sure the populace dont start believing in, exercising, and honing their latent psychic abilities.
>Every single time he "debunked" a psychic, it is proving the paranormal.
>>
>>28150596
Nice bait OP. But for those who don't know what Randi was actually about, read this: https://www.skepticalaboutskeptics.org/investigating-skeptics/whos-who-of-media-skeptics/james-randi/james-randi-reneges-on-the-randi-prize/. Randi intentionally screened out from participation in his prize contest anyone who could actually win it, as that guy's experience makes clear. (A solid physicist by the way who has gotten strong evidence for paranormal effects many times over.) And he isn't the only one with an experience such as that to report. Randi was an ideologue. His entire identity was staked on his ability to deboonk every fringe claim he might encounter, so he had no willingness to engage the topics fairly. If he had accepted any paranormal or sufficiently "weird" phenomenon as real, his whole reputation, identity, career, etc. would've been cooked. This is why self-proclaimed deboonkers are completely unreliable and shitty investigators of controversial subjects. Most of the time they don't even investigate. They just write dumb armchair opinion pieces that usually misrepresent the facts deliberately. The best investigators of paranormal claims are entirely open to the possibility that any particular claim is false and also to the possibility that it's true. Competent investigators with that attitude generally find that 80-90% of claims they look into are bogus, with some of the remainder uncertain and some that they feel are very probably or even definitely paranormal or otherwise anomalous.
>>
He was a Mirage Man
>>
>>28153229
>>28152632
Dumb cunts who think we need to solve our pedophile in government problem by "recovering" memories in children with the same method that you recover alien abduction memories and the same way you convince someone on stage to run around pretending to be a chicken.
>>
>>28150596
That’s how it be.
>>
>>28158082
Based post.

>>28157878
I take it to mean someone who is an avowed non-believer and generally just goes out to prove that they do not believe while masking as a skeptic.
>>
>>28150596
Believe and you'll achieve, doubt and you're out.
He chose to play the game that way. Sucks for him, he could have had so much more fun
>>
>>28158082
>https://www.skepticalaboutskeptics.org/investigating-skeptics/whos-who-of-media-skeptics/james-randi/james-randi-reneges-on-the-randi-prize/
Ok that's legit critique.
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Dick-Bierman

Thanks for being the first in the thread to come with an actual response.
>>
>>28150596
here's your reminder that the commie shitbags at the James Randi Educational Foundation castigated Randi himself after he stated that he was skeptical about climate change hysteria. His entire organization had already been eaten alive by SJW commie trash at that point and even the old man himself didn't realize it.
>>
>>28150596
lmao, poor sob.

I managed to irritate some demons once or something cuz my lights flickered like crazy for one night after a bloody mary game I did for lulz in my apartment bathroom. Great shit, would recommend doing it alone and breaking rules.
>>
>>28150596
No he spent his miserable life desperately trying to cover up all the evidence he received so that no one found out he was just a broke pederast, he never had the money to pay because he never intended to pay. You have to be a literal autist NPC to look up to crooks like this
>>
>>28150893
A creepy old jew who, when asked by the police why he was repeatedly trying to lure young boys into his home, said that he had been deputised by the FBI and needed them to work undercover. (and that's exactly what he meant)
He had a fake prize he said he would give anyone that could prove they had paranormal abilities but whenever anyone fulfilled his already ridiculous conditions (which several did) he would move the goalposts during the demonstration. Something he need to do because he was broke and therefore just an old swindler, pretty ironic as that is apparently these people's problems with those who claim paranormal abilities.
>>
>>28157696
No one is saying that there aren't frauds retard, the existence of the paedophile and con man James Randi is proof of that.
>>
>>28150596
I think he was himself paranormal and was jinxing the people he was observing.
>>
>>28160324
he did fuck with people that were conning others, though.
Gotta give him credit for that.
>>
ITT ass-blasted schizos who are still mad at being told no by a parent.
Marvelous.
>>
>>28150596
I like to think that, when he died, God said "Here I am, I think you now owe me one million dollars!" And that God was smiling as He said it.
>>
>>28150976
Well, since nobody ever did, we'll never know.
>>
>>28151718
Ha, if he'd replied he'd have owed himself a million bucks.
>>
This guy was a fraud and would actively attempt to bury demonstrations that met his standards. He was denounced by several men of science
>>
>>28161469
several men? of science, you say?
>>
>>28150596
face of a jew
trying to divert people from seeing the world as anything else than material objects

yep he's a shill, a jewish shill at that
>>
>>28160933
you look at him as a parent?
>>
>>28161655
I already argued with this edgy retard kid in a divination thread. Probably some reddit fag kike
>>
>>28161655
There’s a palpable irony to someone suffering from a paranoid delusion and believing that they are surrounded by people who are schizophrenic, don’t you think?
>>
>>28150596
Oh. I didn't know that mofo died.

.....aaaaannnnddd nothing of value was lost.
>>
S
good riddance
>>
I'm calling bullshit. There were quite a few people who wanted to be tested, and he absolutely refused to do so. One was a guy who did homeopathic remedies, and he wanted to do a double-blind test on the efficacy of those remedies, and offered to pay for the whole thing. He was turned down.

Not saying homeopathy is real, just that the guy offered the same trial circumstances used with medicine, at no cost to Randi, and he was turned down. IIRC, the guy also wanted lawyers and accountants to monitor the whole testing procedure.
>>
>>28162001
Homeopathy has to be the dumbest of them all
>>
>>28162393
Quiet moron, adults are speaking
>>
>>28161668
some people are schizophrenic, dumbass
>>
>>28163297
Careful, there might be one under your bed or in your closet!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLjUTvaKgdQ
Rupert Sheldrake explaining why Randi was a dumbass and a fraud.
Sheldrake is a genuine scientist
>>
>>28150596
He looks circumcised, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>28151495
>you can only see it if you believe it

Suck a cock. That’s not how it works
>>
>>28163825
The posited thing isn't a particle or tree fuckwad. It's an agent.
>hurrpy durrpy it don't act like inanimate matter so can't be real
Dumb assjuice gargler
>>
>>28150596
Bitch, he spent his life denying it. He didn't "test" for anything.
>>
>>28162393

>Homeopathy has to be the dumbest of them all

And yet, we utilize one of the methods of it every single day in modern medicine. Washing hands in between baby deliveries was also thought of as "dumbest of them all" at one time.

Not saying it's real, but it would be easy to test, with NO side effects (unless it works, of course).
>>
>>28155239
Very good observation.
>>
>>28161090
Ha-kek
>>
>>28155239
Why does a big prize rule out ascetics? They could use the money to buy property where they can practice whatever it is they do and teach others. Or they could just donate the money to charity.
>>
>>28167299
>why don’t ascetics work a 9-5? They could just donate all their wages!
Besides, would an ascetic really know about TV shows?
>>
>>28167566
Even attempting would be too much an act of vanity.
>>
>>28150596

This thread is filled with butthurt larpers.

God I love it.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.