[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Snail.jpg (389 KB, 2592x1944)
389 KB
389 KB JPG
The sun is rising. Perhaps all of us can see now, the greatest facade of an apocalypse is a human fantasy in the face of the monolithic, continuous rotation of our planet. We will be here for hundreds of thousands of years; if humans die, some species will survive and thrive.

Know this; the grace of God upon this earth is not in humans alone, but in billions of years of the development of biological life. We are a light in the dark.

The nobody is upon us, for the nobody is in all of us who wish to embody it. The Nobody is of righteousness. Think of one great religious teacher; martyred and silenced early in his life. Yet - the teachings survive, and disseminate for millenia. In this, the teacher returns not as one man, but as the whole conglomerate of righteous souls who are prepared to enact positive change upon this cursed world.

The nobody may be alive in one person, but its symbol is known to thousands. All of us, if we live rightly, are the nobody. Love eachother, and reject the wicked authority which would tear us apart.

There is no room for hatred.
>>
File: 868.jpg (54 KB, 680x596)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>
>>27741456
>>
>>27741456
Manipulate
Mansplain
Malewife
>>
>>27741487
Have you read Catherine Keller?
>>
>>27741500
No, I'm not that much of a reader. I used to be, but reading doesn't really appeal to me anymore.
>>
>>27741523
Well, she has excellent ideas. The patriarchal structure of early Christianity is an attempt to escape the chaos of the universe; though this chaos as it manifests in other mythologies, pagan practices, etc. may only lend itself to a more fulfilled universal understanding.

One can dedicate their worship to one principal deity if they want, their God, but what is far more important is allegiance to basic values like loving eachother and doing what is right.

Not to pressure you, but if you ever have the hankering to read again, I would write down Keller for consideration.
>>
File: a73uODL.jpg (193 KB, 1768x1362)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>>27741487
Interrogate
Radicalize
Assimilate
>>
>>27741560
Theorize
Propagate
Debate & cohabitate: )
>>
what if I want to cut my enemies down with a big sword can there be room for that hatred
>>
>>27741769
You are 1-2000 years out of date.
>>
>>27741769
>what if I want to cut my enemies down with a big sword can there be room for that hatred

thats why they killed the joker
its canon, executed by the government
>>
so this is what the kkk does all day?
>>
>>27741975
Attempting to end your problems with murder is like running away. It is cowardice. Defend yourself when absolutely necessary, sure. But whether or not you care about my or ansomeonr else's approval, obsolescence is coming for you.
>>
File: 23568656681134.gif (2.8 MB, 400x400)
2.8 MB
2.8 MB GIF
>>27741448
Sounds very nice and neat. I've been striding across the ethers for eternity looking for a pack that may help fight the evil ones. There is nobody. Yet, I continue to look, continue to fucking wait, but I will never stop. is there a spark or two out there that see my beacon? Is anyone alive here? 9/10 nothing will come of this.
>>
>>27742077
I fought them every day and still sometimes continue to do so. You are right, there is almost nothing good out there. What is good comes in small dosed and must be protected. Until it eventually fizzled out and a new light forms.
>>
>>27742104
A new light? For what means? You have my attention.
>>
>>27742119
because the old light might get snuffed out and if it does it either doesn't come back on or it evolves into something new.
>>
>>27742077
Your pessimism is self-defeating - if you even truly aspire to positive change to begin with.
Rest assured, my persistence to this end is not the result of some anomalous incarnation of this or that ideal, but an enduring undercurrent in the fabric of our universe. It will grow.
>>
>>27742130
I don't feel my old light is something to worry about. I got it. I have it. What have you seen?
>>
>>27742145
My pessimistic nature is my choice. I know it touches other people more than it touches the people with hollow platitudes, no answers and more bullshit.
>>
>>27742077
>not making up people to be out there yourself
its hard but its fun
real hard
butt fun
>>
>>27742183
I don't want to play with myself. And butts are for farting.
>>
>>27742174
Yet, you are choosing not to discuss? You decry a lack of "answers", while seeking none.
There are none. There is no neat package wherein lays all the keys to your life. There is an endless mystery to be explored through layers upon layers of interpretation.
Religion is only the tool through which the masses are enabled to catch up with the more abstract theory.
So, do you care to think about this, really? Or to remain insecure and afraid?
>>
>>27742146
I felt like I was being consumed by darkness. It took a long time but I'm finally starting to feel that light again.
>>
>>27742200
Please allow me to re-angle my position here. Let me say I am not afraid. I go to the battle grounds. A lot. If there's not going to be a WAR.. then perhaps I need to shift paradigms. But shift into what?
>>
>>27742227
It never went away.
>>
>>27742235
Shift into nothing more than the desire for positive change. There will not be a war, there need not be a war.
There are material conditions we all currently exist within, some of us will live long lives here. There are things we can do, and if we want to improve the lives of others, they are things we must do.

Accepting those basic goals as a sort of makeshift paradigm (to change the current world/dream/simulation/however you see it for the better, and to improve the lives of the least fortunate), what things must be done to accomplish that? Give me a few ideas. Let's discuss.
>>
>>27742240
Of course not. That does not mean submission to it is the only answer. Existence is duality, the paradox is every. But in that duality is also a choice. Choose wisely.
>>
>>27742240
thank you.
>>
>>27742267
>But in that duality is also a choice. Choose wisely.

yes that is true. when the odds are stacked against you, the choice is still yours to make. everything is mental. corny line but from Batman he once said "there's always a choice" I never forgot that.
>>
>>27742285
You decide it is corny, and so discount it? It is still true. Choose to submit to what is dark and foul, you will become a conduit for it. This is a non-argument, born of inability to ACTUALLY respond.
>>
>>27742260
I understand the connectivity between things in this world, the other worlds and within me to help others. But what's the point of it when we just shift out to another layer without fixing the last one? I say fix this one here and it may ripple.
>>
>>27742268
My pleasure, my treasure!
>>
>>27742267
>submission
Yeah, me like forever ago. What have you chosen, anon?
>>
>>27742297
I should have typed "sounds corny" but I did not discount it. It stayed with me because I believed in it.
>>
>>27742302
You assume you understand, but you also assume our actions here die with us. Why? Do you believe in science? Do you believe that the history we analyze here is real?
On the contrary, what we do here makes an imprint. What we challenge has to endure with that scrutiny. Why not make it such a competent scrutiny that the attention of others is captured? In that, the scrutiny survives.
>>
>>27742285
Choices in moods, too.
>>
>>27742332
Oh! This some epic shit here! Continue with your imprint and allow me to be witness. How would one 'science' attention?
>>
>>27742354
Do you believe in science? I should hate to waste my time on one who believes "it is all a simulation" anyway.

Regardless, one likes to think about the law of the conservation of energy. Or, perhaps more recently, the fluidity of quantum mechanics? Nothing is really "set". Efforts passionately pursued will have lasting impact, and things once perceived to be immovable are only waiting to be challenged or otherwise influenced.

I dont think you are engaging in good faith.

How about history? Has there ever been truth? Not in religion, not in mythology, not even in science. There is only the progressive movement toward truth. The pursuit which never reaches its destination. We are in it today. The terms of reality are constantly being dictated and redefined.
>>
>>27742145
>enduring undercurrent in the fabric of our universe.
More on this.

I don't know if I believe in science or in anything.
>>
>>27742411
>I dont think you are engaging in good faith.
Well, I guess that's your business and not mine, but I think maybe you've perceived different from my actual vibe. I will listen to anyone who will speak to me in these matters and I am not overcome easily.
>>
>>27742411
Would it be easier to put pass me the information if you put it in story form?
>>
>>27742488
delete 'put'
>>
>>27742411
>H.TMG
What is this?
>>
>>27742494
the 1st 'put'. I gotta head outside to do things. might be a while but I will return. in the meantime, thank you for your attention and information. What sort of traits does it take to endure the undercurrents?
>>
>>27742488
Sir Isaac Newton gave birth to modern science, an institution today seen as the impartial, objective judge of our reality. This gave us gravity, laws of physics, other indispensable tools.

But these were -only- tools, for Einstein came after and said "there is no gravity". Einstein's relativity, in fact, portrayed gravity as a rudimentary conception of a much more complex consequence of the way our universe is constructed.
But Einstein could only analyze this because of the technological advances of his time.

Indeed, when historians look at past scientific pursuits, they see that ancient people's did not practice an objective science, but threw strange ideas at the wall until they stuck.

We are constantly in a process of accumulating more information, drawing new conclusions. And one might think that science is the only field that can do this, but science is only one part of our perception of reality. The next step when we see quantum gravity and string theory fighting eachother is to look at art, literature, mythology; what does all of that come together to say about where we are?

Sorry if this was not an adequate story. Writing for a class atm.
>>
>>27742481
Then I welcome your open mind. I am only paranoid of being discounted.

I am not the best at expressing my perspective outside of abstracted terms which may appear as platitudes. But they are informed by a journey through the darkness, and they are refined by an intimate understanding that light and goodness are far from the only things that define our place in the world.

But an objectivist survey of what IS good for us and the world around us reveals a "truth" that I am comfortable accepting; resistance against the cruel aspects of our world is the only way to proceed.
>>
>>27742503
A mystery
>>
>>27742488
If you are comfortable reading more dense material, the udea I expressed in that story is informed, in large part, by "the structure of scientific revolutions" by Thomas Kuhn
>>
>>27741448
They thought they could kill me, corrupt me, use me.
Yet I perservered through all their attacks and rose stronger each time.

The kingdom of God is within you.
Remember this and never lose hope.
Nothing of value is ever lost.

-Nobody
>>
>>27742594
Blessed.
>>
>>27742459
If you believe in nothing, nothing will give you an anchor. If you believe in nothing, turn to literature and culture. If it is all fake, are there still ideas present you identify with as an individual? Talk about them with somebody you trust, if you have such a person. Through this kind of exploration, build your relationship with what is around you. Find anchors. Find something worth believing.
>>
>>27742698
I believe in myself. I already have the anchors. I await guidance rather than explanations of bygone things. I've read them all. Give me an exercise, a pop quiz, some live action. Do not feel discounted. My initial post "9/10 nothing will come of this" ..every dog has his day.
>>
>>27742594
Who's the Nobody? Not from the tv show or movie or whatever the hell manipulation output they output to the masses.
>>
>>27742742
Written response, open ended:
(1)Considering millions of starving people, robbed of resources and contracted as slaves, child laborers, inhumane conditions, how can we improve the way humanity functions in the coming decades?
(2)Considering humanity ever progresses to spread through the galaxy, are there changes that should be made? Will we harm the galaxy and universe if our race spreads to it as we currently are? How can we fix this?
>>
>>27742260
>positive change
>material conditions
>improvement
so that one can
>There are things we can do, and if we want to improve the lives of others, they are things we must do.
Show me.
>>
>>27742583
Even to yourself?
>>
>>27743072
>are there changes that should be made?
Yes times a billion. I'm asking this: How to connect to those who know. Non-human intelligence.
>>
>>27741487
>>27741560
>>27741573
desu
baka
senpai
>>
>>27743103
We have to rely on that connection to reveal naturally. Whether through people who already know of it releasing it, or through being visited by it directly.
>>
>>27743225
I'm available for direct.
>>
>>27741769
Just play For Honor dude.
>>
>>27741769
cuck
>>
>>27743308
I can not help you there. I spread a good word, but I am not powerful in that sense. Focus on your material conditions. Focus on positively impacting yourself and those around you. When what comes next comes, you will be better off. You can not anticipate or prepare for it.
>>
>>27743089
In some sense, yes. In another, no. I know its inspiration. I know I identify with what I understand of it. Do I fully comprehend its meaning? Probably not.
>>
>>27743103
You know, friend. Many among our kind have known. Marx knew, like Jesus, that we must forsake the allure of earthly, material possessions, to achieve a greater good. The profit of capitalism is the catalyst for continued suffering. Do you agree with this, or find it debatable?
>>
>>27743505
I don't agree or disagree, I soak in until I get it.. I don't want to talk about it; I want to do it. Whatever the fuck it is.
>>
>>27743668
Doing it IS talking about and absorbing it. But, how about contribution to anti-war activism? Or the formation of workers unions?
Are you American? Demand yor representative calls for an end to human rights abuses by corporations in the third world. You will never feel as if you have done anything. But no great movement has ever started with the momentum necessary to accomplish its goals.

No war.
No imperialism.
No violation of other nations sovereignty.
No theft of resources.
No labor for cents on the hour.
No exploitation.
>>
>>27743708
Thank you for your view and for your time. It's been instructive. Maybe I'll see you one day.
>>
>>27744122
Maybe someday. Be good, love your people.
There is no room for hatred here.
>>
>>27741448
I sense truth in your words
Reality is cyclical after all and the sun is the source of biological life
>Unendlichkeit schöpft
>Der Kreislauf erblüht von neu
>Alles zerfällt zu Staub

>>27741543
The gods of old and the gods of anew are the same
The words may be different but the meaning stays
Dont trust the interpretation of strangers, make up your own mind

>>27742260
>>27742235
Gather knowledge and save it, this is our quest for that future generations will see what we see, just like the people of old did for us
>>
>>27744303
Beautiful German phrases.
The gods have been the same influence, youre right. We've only refined our understanding of it.

4chan seems like an appropriate place to start spreading this philosophy. I, personally, am hoping to be published soon as well. This is the movement. Positive change is coming. We need only believe in ourselves, and take advantage of the internet. It is the game-changer.
Bless ye, laddy
>>
You are referring to Christ, who is, I believe, also the nobody.
>>
>>27744574
Yes sir, yes sir. The nobody is he, and all those who would see our people, the human race, become a righteous species that makes their time and place better.
>>
File: Halo.jpg (1.87 MB, 3264x2448)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB JPG
It's so damn beautiful I feel its energy inside my heart & soul
>>
>>27744541
What do i have to look for to find your published work?
>>
>>27745007
Well, I must keep my fancy moniker here and my identity disentangled.

If I get published, it will be over the summer or next semester. Explore in Christian Process theology, keep an eye out. I do not know the publication. In my romantic brain, perhaps you might recognize my authorial style someday.
But, if not, I will return to this board. I have been here before under this name, and I will come back again.

Keep to the path. Maybe it will lead us to reconvene.
>>
>>27741448
>the grace of God
stoped reading there aonther cristfag chill
>>
>>27745179
I am of the opinion you are missing out. Suit yourself
>>
>>27745190
missing out on what a cult that will tell me i will go to hell for loving how i love ? yeah na fuck that
>>
>>27745219
All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, homosexuality is not special by any means. All sin is against God, and an abomination. The apostle Paul, whom wrote of homosexuality being immoral and sinful was called by God to live a celibate life, he did not get to have some big happy Christian family. It is always possible to have self control and deny yourself, whether it's homosexuality or drug use or gluttony, but you have to want to live a noble life before that can happen. Get right with God. You won't listen today but maybe some day God be willing.
>>
>>27745219
The church is not the nobody
>>
>>27741448
God bless you from Australia mate. Stand firm in your faith, and continue to seek the wisdom and discernment that can only come from God.
>>
>>27743339
I agree
>>
Why is /x/ always filled with religious zealots? This is for the unexplained phenomena, and you people already explained it all to yourselves with no room for any other interpretation. This board isn't for you.
>>
>>27745313
there is a fucking difreance ? faith leds to the same places ive seen it myself

ive been told by probebly every faith group i know of unpromted that i deserve to go to hell for being bi so exuse me if i find beliving you hard in that regard

>>27745311
>dont live just dont do anything that makes you happy

wow gee no wonder you all have such sticks up your asses
>>
>>27743505
Capitalism needs to evolve. It is/was a tangible route for social mobility

Let’s boil capitalism down , essentially it is a barter system

I believe in the future , we will barter creating value - unlocking abilities in the self and the I/eye//

It is possible this is/has/was

With all of us , we created enough value on a lower plane of existence
To purchase here

We spend or get paid with every action

What would you like to save up for?
I’m working on seeing new colors

0vv0
>>
>>27745364
Dont belive in the interpretations of churches
I for shure know you being bi is not a problem
I cant remember a single story where he said anything against homo or bisexuality
All i can think of is the old testament story about sodom that gets used as an argument against all kinds of abnormal sexuality, but i cant find anything anti homo in the text, extra looked it up again, it only says something against daughters that want to sleep with their own dad
Understand that the churches not only promote religion, they also have a worldly agenda, they sometimes misinterpret to push it and then later generations keep on to it without reflection
>>
>>27745364
>>27745561
Wait no, it doesn't even says anything against Inzest between father and daughter, just that it might haplen if there are no other men and that new lineages can stem from this
>>
>>27745561
>Understand that the churches not only promote religion
well they are a main body and ive heard from more then just churches
and it seems faith leeds down that path at least from my first hand experiance as a outsider looking in

im hesetent to trust any faith honestly do to my experaices

,>they also have a worldly agenda
most likely its "i dont like or understand this sting so it must be sin

>they sometimes misinterpret to push it and then later generations keep on to it without reflection
blind faith serves nothing after all
>>
>>27745626
This thread does not promote blind fate at all
Dunno if this might help you, i understood the real meaning of religion (i guess) through the discription of hindu yugas
I belive these ages are metaphores for the different stages of human society, hunters and gatherers, the beginning of settlements, the start of first conflicts to full blown kingdoms and states
I mean i didnt read old hindu texts myself as i dont even know the language but if i got it right it boils down to the first humans living in peace and prosperity as hunters and gatherers, having no need for institutionalized religion or rituals, they did still belive in things tho, they thought about the creation of the universe just like we do
Then in the later yugas people stopped living their religion and instead just some religious leaders really understood the religion, using rituals, texts and institutions to keep the storys of old alive
Then later these Institutions get corrupted until in the last yuga, in which we live now people see the religious rituals / texts and think of them just as useless relic, ignoring the inner truths that started them first
>>
>>27745311
You are a bastardization and embarassment of what I would preach.
>>
>>27745339
Interpretation is the heart and soul of what I hope to explore.

>>27745364
You have found the wrong faith groups. The paper I hope to get published is aimed at this very topic. I am sorry you have been attacked for your sexuality. That has no place in the faith I hold and wish to promote. As I have said a few times in this thread, "there is no room for hatred".
The church that you have encountered is not the church as it /should/ have been.
>>
>>27745626
What I would promote is critical thinking, and the necessity of creating positive change today. Not hating eachother, certainly not judging eachother. I am of a faith that lingers in silence beneath the hideous blasphemy that is the common American church. You can be safe with me because I do not demand you follow a God. I do not demand you follow any morals other than love your people, and do what is right, not what is profitable.
>>
>>27745392
To debate this, I would say that capitalism, when it progresses as it naturally will, defeats the hopes of mobility for lower classes. At least, it ensures that the lower class struggling today will have to work for generations to see any sort of profit. And that profit can be destroyed in an instant if the bigwigs gamble on the wrong things.
Furthermore, the capitalists today DEPEND on a population of unemployed individuals to control wages as they see fit, not as is fair to the worker. This, as well, defeats the notion of paying laborers what is fair for their labor..

Socialism/Communism puts systems in place that enable ALL to explore creativity and personal interests. Think of it like UBI, but better; healthcare will bankrupt nobody, wealth will be given fairly, and not disproportionately. Housing will be considered a right. But you still MUST work to feed yourself, to sustain your facilities, to support your hobbies or craft. It is not "everything is free".
>>
>>27745626
Sorry to spam; the BEST I can offer you is that most of the verses interpreted to be "anti-homosexual" are translated poorly. They have been interpreted to mean that by people who fear homosexuality. In fact, they are in both cases likely speaking about pedophilia instead (sleeping with boys*, not men).
This is but one of NUMEROUS examples in which opportunists have destroyed the church to suit their own selfish interests.
The church must be corrected and reformed. The hatred you have experienced, and the judgment that zealots have felt qualified to pass on you, are embarassments to any who have truly read and studied scriptures in good faith.
God loves you. Love those around you and you are blessed.
>>
>>27745934
>>27745967
well i do hope some of those better things come to pass though i hope you wont blame me if im not all that hopefull

im agnositic and find that to be my path in faith i hope you are able to insite change for the better my freind i really do

>>27745847
finding some meaning and thinking of life and death and the nature of our world, i guess that is what its about, only that many main faith groups have tainted that idea, sad really, a intresting read either way thank you
>>
>>27746061
A very wise professor of mine has explored this idea with me. If there is some true meaning to existence, it must be discovered individually. However, once it is discovered, you will find many others who have discovered it.

Maybe this is a little self-serving. There isn't much more dangerous than assuming you personally have found "the" truth. But, the truth he speaks of is grounded in philosophy and critical thinking. And the Christian God is but another interpretation of the spirit all cultures have interpreted somehow or another. And this, I am fortunate to tend to agree with.

Good luck on your journey friend, perhaps ours will bring us to similar ground in whatever might be called "the end".
>>
>>27746083
in my mind there is no truth only the path we walk in faith or not, we all question existence and god even if we dont belive, we both walk a path of faith just in difrent ways, i wish you lick as well freind, whatever the end might be
>>
>>27746042
Pointing out sin is not hatred. This is a twisting of words. The Greek word for homosexuality is arsenekoi which is a compound word of man and bed, in all secondary sources and original contexts means homosexuality. "Man shall not lie with man as it is an abomination."
If you preach that homosexuality is not a sin you are going against God and I would be very wary. There is no hatred in respecting God's design and His will and knowing what sin is. Do no preach a false gospel and mislead people I assume you will not heed my words (they are God's words too) but nevertheless I would be at fault if i didn't try.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.