[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: life-by-chance.jpg (55 KB, 500x382)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
Did life really come from random chance? Or did god make it?
>>
life isn't real take your meds
>>
>>27740464
I'm a practicing witch and I believe the earth was formed by cosmic forces of great evil, possibly a deep space grooming gang.
>>
>>27740464
life is an evil chemical reaction. a cursory glance at life on earth suggests intelligent design. when you take a longer look at the types of life that exist here, you begin to recognize it is the product of an absolutely terrifying chaotic force.

Not only is life not intelligently designed, the process that shapes it is mindless to the point of extreme, unfathomable cruelty.
>>
>>27740464
It's not that difficult to believe that it was chance.
There is infinite time, so there will be infinite chances of it occurring.
Eventually it will be brute-forced into existence simply by probability.

Your image is stupid.
>>
File: 1614070415042.jpg (471 KB, 1512x792)
471 KB
471 KB JPG
>>27740464
As an ex-atheist software developer I don't think we can comprehend what's going on consciously. When you reach the outer edges of reality in schizoid-mode you get to experience how reality bends before you, excluding something common like the hivemind Agent Smith effect. The most accurate description lies in the Vedas. I'm not sure if we should venture beyond, but I'm willing to try by learning sanskrit. Picrel is basically parabrahman, atman, brahma granti
https://youtube.com/watch?v=nSLq04QI9UY

The divergence of worlds explained in gnosticism isn't very off either.
>>
File: 1585628617924.jpg (198 KB, 2356x1403)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
>>27740507
this seems sadly (that's the point) likely
>>
>>27740521
>each half of the portrait can be used to create a mirrored image of two separate people, three counting the original
this is true of every single forward-facing portrait ever made
>>
>>27740464
God picks each final result for any 'random choice' process. So it's both random and directed.
>>
>>27740537
That means its attainable in you as well.
>>
And?
>>
>>27740539
>god can only control natural disasters and cosmic events
>he guided evolution by controlling the conditions on earth
>we are his favorite result
Don't get me wrong, you're retarded if you believe in the guy. But i'm amazed some christcucks deny evolution when it's this easy to integrate it.
>>
>>27740564
I agree. With just a basic set of logical rules we might have been deployed here as a zip-file as its "unpacking", and there's nothing about these theories that rules God out of the equation.
>>
>>27740507
Sounds like a Non-woman
However I still understand that this is just a [NULL]
I'm living so happily and sleeping so peacefully :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LH95oiiFF0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NibBjEEEPBc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XccOF8b9SHg

Faith and Truth are not filthy random trash - it is absolutes of waves descending like a cold mist making you shiver and warming you up from the Inside with you in Control in God's and your own name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaFMqofL_NQ

] AEON ILLUMINATE [
>>
>>27740590
This would sound a lot cooler if your grammar didn't suck cock.
>>
Life on Earth did not evolve by chance. We are a Gaia world, crafted by the gods to spread life across the cosmos. We are recreations of an ancient race, different from them but descendant of them. Life can evolve naturally however, but we did not
>>
>>27740755
whoever created us are bigger pieces of shit than the worst abominations of mankind
>>
>>27740464
Life came from random chance... God made random chance.
>>
Ex nihilo nihil fit
>>
>>27740464
Random literally does not exist.
>>
>>27742509
It seems like either something comes from nothing, or causality isn't all encompassing.
Do you have another explanation?
>>
>>27742572
rather there was one outside causality/our reality that started. the unmoved mover, uncaused cause
>>
>>27740464
Let's suppose there's a God, why would I worship your idea of god?
>>
>>27742366
t. cult of enlil
>>
>>27742590
you start with the notion God exists and whittle down to the specifics. Greeks were on point on reason alone: plato/aristotle. Jews were given the revelation of that greek monothiestic God and the two come together in the person of Christ and his church
>>
the virgin mary
cheats at poker
>>
>>27742610
Hmmm, no. I don't agree with your reasoning, I think your god is silly made up nonsense solely by reading the bible, you're scared of a man with power, and a man with power isn't a god, what the bible show us, isn't the intellgence of a god, as there is nothing particularly special about this character of the bible.
>>
>>27742616
>there is nothing particularly special about this character of the bible.

what is she trying to hide...

>conspiracy....?
>>
>>27742616
>disagree with reasoning
>nonsensical rebuttal
>>
>>27742638
No, it makes a lot of sense, a divine mind should not look like a schizo spergly mind, as this is how the biblical mind looks.
>>
>>27742616
C O P E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xuSob6PAZc
>>
>>27742629
two coopers....
>>
>>27742646
>schizo spergly mind
elaborate
>>
>>27742657
What's there to ellaborate, anger control for one.
>>
>>27742646
Jewhweh is not the supreme divine mind.
>>
>>27742676
Precisely my point.
>>
>>27740509
It's a bait thread
/x/ is full of fakes
>>
my favorite katy perry song

>roar
>>
File: Panzermensch.jpg (14 KB, 236x354)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>27742696
Exhibit Z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qlCC1GOwFw
>>
>>27742701

>game
>stop
>>
>>27742713

It's what they wanted !! XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsCD5XCu6CM
>>
>>27742588
So causality isn't all encompassing is your take?
>>
>>27740464
The process by which it happened is God. That's what it is. God isn't some man who makes things happen; God *is* things happening
>>
File: merciful.jpg (75 KB, 850x400)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>27740464

The universe was made indeed, but not for us. We are amoeba on sawdust.
>>
>>27740464
both. god is not how you perceive it. i do not even perceive 'god'. we cannot. go by logic and science. it supports life. life is god. gods in holy text were ayys looking for ego strokes.
>>
>>27740474
You're not a witch, you just own candles and make non-sensical mis-addressed prayers lol
>>
>>27743741
>mis-addressed
But they arrive to the demons who invented them and taught silly witches to chant them, don't they?
>>
>>27742479
God IS random chance. also, cosciuosnes emerges from/IS random chance interaction in a large informational matrix, by the way
>>
>>27740464
>come from random chance
Chance is not an action. Chance does not "do" anything.
Chance is a probability.
It's like saying "life came from 72%."
>>
>>27744504
Possibility, not probability
1/∞
>>
>>27740464

Evolution isn't random. Whatever creatures are successful enough to pass on their genes has to do with fitness, not randomness (but yes, I guess the very first replicating molecules came together by chance).
>>
There was no random chance, and "God" didn't make it!
>>
>>27745993
>Possibility, not probability
Elaborate the difference you see in this context.
>1/∞
You are proving my point. By saying the chance is essentially zero, you are agreeing that "chance" is not a cause but the likelihood of the cause leading to the effect.
Nothing is done "by chance". Chance is the likelihood of something happening.

Just like if we are playing poker and I deal you a royal flush. The chance of that happening is 1/649739.
But if I were to ask "how did that royal flush end up in your hand?" - it would be ludicrous to say "One in 649739!"
No. The royal flush ended up in your hand because the dealer dealt you cards.
>>
Yes. Random chance and natural selection. No magic sky pixies necessary.
>>
>>27740464
Life is an imminent result of a large cosmos filled with complexity.
It is hard to truly comprehend processes and phenomena that are orders of magnitude larger than what our brains evolved to deal with.
It is similarly hard for us to understand the concept of God for obvious reasons.

The two explanations you mention don't have to be mutually exclusive. Only zealots and charlatans benefit from having you think inside that false dichotomy
>>
This is the problem the stupid athiests can't handle. The chance of life 'randomly' appearing, like the first cell, is impossible. Somehow this cell also managed to 'reproduce' and live longer than 2 generations. It's all nonsense that the satanic athiests want you to believe in. God has made the first cellular organism for a purpose. We ALL have a purpose.
>>
>>27746087
Mmm, no it isn't.

Phospholipids naturally coalesce into first bilayers and then vesicles. It's just basic chemistry and physics. When they get big enough they divide in two. Also perfectly natural.
>>
>>27746098
How stupid are you? How did the first cellular organism even develop? Out what? Listing properties of cells doesn't prove anything. Where did the first cell come from idiot?
>>
>>27746049
>Nothing is done "by chance".
Possibility appears to be different than chance.
I don't know how to explain it.
>>
>>27746144
Like, chance is kind of like a myth.
Possibility is kind of like everything that you've ever seen.
See?
>>
>>27746144
>I don't know how to explain it.
Then stop bringing it up because possible only means a chance greater than zero.
>>
>>27740464
How about we compromise and say that god came from random chance? Then everyone's happy!
>>
>>27746120
Well, they're made of phospholipid bilayers, like I said, and proteins and amino acids and sugars and nucleic acids. All of which form spontaneously.
>>
>>27746159
Exactly.
I'm trying to figure out how to explain it, I think.
>>
>>27746159
>>27746184
Actually, not exactly.
Possibility appears to be different than a chance greater than zero.
Chance appears to be like a myth.
>>
File: Death.jpg (104 KB, 666x1024)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>27746176
>>
>>27746190
>Possibility appears to be different than a chance greater than zero.
That is its annotative definition. It "appears" to be exactly that, unless you would like to provide a different definition.
Otherwise you're spouting nonsense.
>>
>>27742616
Correct. the bible has been tampered with and has many different versions. Islam is true monotheism and tawheed while trinitarian Christians grapple with their doctrine of trinity which is illogical.
>>
>>27746299
If chance does not exist, possibility cannot reference chance for it's definition, as possibility does exist.
Good luck.
>>
>>27746339
Nonsense it is then.
>>
>>27746372
Maybe that's the word for it.
I'm not certain.
Possibility appears to consist of "what appears to be happening."
If it is happening, then it is possible.
Chance appears to consist of "What one thinks the 'odds' of something happening is."
Possibility appears to exist.
Chance appears to not exist.
Thanks for having this conversation with me. :)
>>
File: hidethepainharold.jpg (129 KB, 1410x793)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>27740464

We discovered years ago that DNA is older than human life.

Retrograde analysis of the complexity required for DNA to exists suggests that its origins surpass the mere 6 million years (or 200,000 in modern form) during which human life can be argued to have existed.

That means that Earth, like any other habitable planet in the universe (which number in the 40 Billions, recent estimates suggest) was seeded by DNA.

Whether God made it or not is sort of a moot point, because the fact that we know this should be enough cause for celebration.

If God wanted us to be happy, then they'd let us be, lol.
>>
>>27746421
Possibility appears to almost be synonymous to "now."
Chance appears to be synonymous with "probability."
>>
>>27740474
>practicing witch
man x used to be cool before the occult faggots
>>
>>27746421
>what appears to be happening
That would be phenomena.
>If it is happening, then it is possible.
No.
>"What one thinks the 'odds' of something happening is."
"Odds" are "chance". They are equivalent.
>Possibility appears to exist.
>Chance appears to not exist.
Nonsense. Are you high?
>>
>>27746446
:)
I like how you appear to call what you don't understand 'nonsense.'
Very encouraging to help me figure this out.
Perhaps both words are nonsense.
Probability appears to be like a statistic.
Possibility appears to be like a concrete.
Ah, my notes are all jumbled. I'll need to organize them better, but I think I might find it someday.
>>
>>27746478
>I like how you appear to call what you don't understand 'nonsense.'
Things are not always what they appear though.
I'm not saying that you don't understand, in case you didn't understand.
>>
>>27746426
>We discovered years ago that DNA is older than human life.

Correct. We evolved from non-human ancestors that had DNA. All the way back to the first cells. I don't know what you were even trying to say.
>>
>>27746478
>I like how you appear to call what you don't understand 'nonsense.'
I call incoherency nonsense.
>>27746498
You're not saying anything. You're spewing bullshit and sounding like an invalid.
>>
>>27746552
That's just like, your opinion, man.
Ever notice how so many huge advancements start out with someone trying to describe an "incoherent nonsense idea?"
I wonder what you'd say to someone trying to discover electrical machinery back in the day.
"That's nonsense, using lightning to control metal! You're a madman!"
>>
>>27746596
What is a concept?
>>
>>27746596
>Ever notice how so many huge advancements start out with someone trying to describe an "incoherent nonsense idea?"
No, but it appears that way to fools.
>I wonder what you'd say to someone trying to discover electrical machinery back in the day.
That depends. Are they saying electricity appears to be a myth of everything and dont have general sense of the meaning of the words they use?
>>
>>27746618
>No, but it appears that way to fools.
That sounds like something only a fool would know.
>That depends. Are they saying electricity appears to be a myth of everything and dont have general sense of the meaning of the words they use?
If they're saying "magic" appears to be *like* a myth, and observers think they don't have a general sense of the meaning of the words they use?
Yes, exactly.
>>
>>27746618
>>27746721
My job is literally to explain possibilities and estimate probability by the way.
Haven't been fired yet.
>>
>>27746744
You're retarded and lying on /x/ to make yourself feel better about being taken to task for nonsense.
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>27746808
Oh, are you saying that you think it's possible to prove anything or anyone wrong?
This conversation is over.
>>
>>27746831
There never was a conversation. There was your babbling and my boredom.
>>
>>27746856
New conversation.
Imagine a man thinks he is the first to speak, comes upon another man who speaks a different language.
"This man is babbling." thinks the first man.
"This man may be speaking another language. Perhaps he is babbling, but we will see." thinks the second man.
There are two ways to look at any idea..
You appear to have chosen the way of the first man, who will never learn to speak like his brethren.
Possibilities versus probabilities.
Do you think that proof exists?
>>
>>27746936
It's a mark of low intelligence to have to speak in analogy.
No, you weren't saying anything in another language or even talking about a concept I cannot grasp.
You were having trouble grasping what the words possibility and chance mean.
>>
File: boo.png (587 KB, 535x538)
587 KB
587 KB PNG
>>27746512

Wait, like, tho - you're treating this like common knowledge, but I'm not sure you're recognizing the implications.

That means that there's some sort of cloud of DNA that exists throughout the known universe, and there are 40 Billion planets where it might evolve into life that you or I would recognize, and the only question is what path it takes while travelling through various galaxies and solar systems.

Given enough time, however, it would encounter all of them.

And Quantum Entanglement solves the problem of faster-than-light communication. DNA is both wave and particle.
>>
>>27746968
Do you think so?
Is it fun to make assumptions as such?
I don't think I was speaking of a concept you cannot grasp.
This appears to be the difference between having an open mind and having a closed mind.
It appears that you don't understand, so you say 'nonsense.'
I wonder if it is mere luck, or outside forces, that grant me with my success.
Those who speak like you seem to wonder where my success comes from.
Do you want to learn?
Why write off *anything* as 'nonsense?'
>>
>>27747013
>I don't think I was speaking of a concept you cannot grasp.
So say what you were. This is why people with nothing to say speak cryptically.
>>
>>27747052
You think so?
A concept can exist without words.
Explaining a concept requires finding the correct words to use.
Finding the correct words to use is a process, and the process may involve testing various combinations of words to see if they "match" the concept.
If there are multiple people involved, both people obtain information related to the concept, and can develop new concepts based upon existing patterns.
Kind of like a creative process.
Good luck with your way of thinking.
>>
>>27747112
You're avoiding. Say what you were thinking.
>>
>>27747112
>If there are multiple people involved, both people obtain information related to the concept, and can develop new concepts based upon existing patterns.
If one of these individuals is something like "closed minded," only the individual who is something like "open minded" obtains any benefit, it seems.
>>
>>27747132
If you were open minded you could easily adjust to a new way and respond to further the conversation.
You don't want to.
You're avoiding.
Say what you were thinking.
>>
>>27747131
Oh, are you me? I didn't know that you knew me so well.
Since kind of mind reader? Haha!
See >>27747132
>>
>>27747145
Great, see >>27747146
This is a riot!
>>
>>27740507
I'd say we are just at a point of mass mindlessness. Visionarily, I believe in what you say on an ongoing reaction that gives us a glimpse into a designed force. But think of all the beauty and innovation that comes from struggle and thought.
>>
>>27747146
>>27747160
It's becoming more and more obvious that you are running away from anything substantial.
Say what you were thinking.
>>
>>27746979
No, it just means other living things besides humans have DNA.
>>
>>27747177
If you want to know the contents of my mind, you play by my rules.
If you aren't playing by my rules, I am the only one who benefits from my words, and you are the only one who benefits from your words.
This is how language works, is it not?
>>
>>27747202
I'll also mention, it works both ways.
>>
>>27747202
No, that's not how language works. Language works through sharing intent via media with dually understood definitions.
And "you play by my rules" sounds incredibly close-minded.
And you still haven't been able to provide a clear understanding, so my point still stands that you were speaking through analogy because you have nothing of substance underneath it.
>>
>>27740464
>Did life really come from random chance? Or did god make it?

These two things probably aren't mutually exclusive.
>>
>>27747240
Your point still stands?
It never stood.
>And "you play by my rules" sounds incredibly close-minded.
Do you think so?
I think so as well.
What effective lesson could I possibly be teaching via this manner of speaking?
The "closed minded" answer appears to be "none."
Though, actions speak louder than words.
I've never met anyone who has shown me with their actions that they've understood such a lesson.
I've tried putting things into words, but words "mean whatever the receiver wants words to mean."
So I'm trying another way.
>>
>>27747318
Why would anyone write anything off as nonsense?
A fine summary for myself, perhaps.
>>
>>27740464
Fuck off you tiresome Evangelical twat
>>
>>27740469
This seems disingenuous.
>>27740464
Honestly, if it was random I'd expect there to be more evidence of extraterrestrial life. There are apparently quite a few earth like planets out there, some of them very close. But we aren't hearing any radio from any of them. We aren't detecting side travel signatures. We aren't seeing laser pumped light sails, or dimming of stars from Dyson swarms. The lack of SETI evidence is unironically extremely concerning because the logical possible conclusions are
>Life is EXTREMELY RARE
>Something stops civilizations from advancing to the stars
>We are actually totally alone.
None of those are particularly good outcomes. I'd rather be in a universe where there are ayleems to meet. And I really don't want to be around if some cosmic or sociological force snuffs us out just as we start getting off this rock.
>>
>>27740464
i think its rather likely there was some sort of help, even if evolution was the means. Fermi Paradox is some weird stuff, if life just occurred naturally we should have come across some evidence of intelligent life yet it seems like the universe is void of life out side of this rock.
>>
>>27747542
If you're willing to say that a possibility that
>Life is EXTREMELY RARE
exists, why not examine the even slimmer seeming possibility of
>Life is EXTREMELY COMMON (in the future)
Meaning
>We are the first.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.