[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is it safe to meditate? I'm afraid of giving myself psychosis since I have a weak mind.
>>
>>27332391
Think about doing sit ups and push ups to work out your mind
>>
No don't do it, that makes mustard gas.
>>
>>27332391
Paranoia here, meditation is completely safe. You’re actually learning to calm that overactive imagination of yours.
>>
>>27332391
well, if you realize you wasted time for nothing you may kill someone.
>>
>>27332391
Meditation should enable you the power to prevent your mind from going into hyperactive problematic mental states. So it should actually be useful in reducing psychosis
>>
Yes. It actually strengthens your mind, making you less prone to psychosis.
>>
>>27332391
I just posted this in a different thread.
100% true though OP.

I made my sleep paralysis manifest by meditating one night, it was my first time trying to meditate.
All I did was controlled breathing in my bed laying down.
I was able to feel my body fall asleep and I stayed conscious or lucid maybe?
I eventually fell asleep and when I woke up I was facing the wall and couldn't move. I felt like something malevolent was in the bedroom with me trying to force me back to sleep, so I jerked my head and snapped out of it, but in reality that was me dreaming.
I woke up the same exact way I was in the dream and still couldn't move, and felt the presence. I snapped out of it by jerking my head and that woke up my body and I ran out of the room. It wasn't easy to move my head in either instance. Everything felt exactly the same both times. My vision gradually narrowed like a black tunnel when I thought I felt something in the room.
I didn't even know sleep paralysis was a real thing, and growing up in a religious household I thought I might have opened my mind up to a demonic presence or something. I have had it several times in the 14 years since the first instance.
>>
>>27332391
No it's not safe, if you stop now you will be fine
>>
>>27332391
Go ahead and try. You either can or can't do it, but if you fail you just end up thinking as you normally do. If you succeed, your mind will be more ordered and quieter. If you end up with psychosis, it was already there.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.