[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1015.jpg (590 KB, 1145x900)
590 KB
590 KB JPG
>People report seeing "snow", much like the visual noise or "static" on a TV screen after transmission ends. In a 2010 study Raghaven et al. hypothesize that what the patients see as "snow" is their own intrinsic eigengrau.

>Many report more visual snow in low light conditions. This has a natural explanation. "The intrinsic dark noise of primate cones is equivalent to ~4000 absorbed photons per second at mean light levels; below this the cone signals are dominated by intrinsic noise"

>In addition to visual snow, many of those affected have other types of visual disturbances such as starbursts, increased afterimages, floaters, trails, fractals, and many others.

While the cause of visual snow remains unknown, eye tests and CT scans reveal no abnormalities. Patients with VS are observed to have increased blood flow and neurological excitability in the Cerribellium that affect the pathways related to image processing.

The hypothesis is that VS suffers are unable to filter out much of the visual information the brain usually ignores, and as a result can perceive static and floating lights, regardless of their eyes are open or closed.
This suggests that the grainy static, dots and lights seen by people with the disease are indeed viable, not artifacts of image processing.

I've had VS my whole life, it took me a few years to realise other people weren't seeing it, which is typical for most people with the condition.
My symptoms are manageable. it stresses me out sometimes, and I have seen some weird stuff in my field of vision, but I can tune it out pretty easily.

To me, this is just normal, I see it all the time. Constantly.
Here's a very accurate simulation of what it's like:
https://youtu.be/joQedu6zGaA

What is /x/'s take on this?
>>
i've seen this my whole life, never seen an issue with it. Makes the night more interesting
>>
RF interference.
>>
It's chi energy or something it's atoms or photons and I'm pretty sure it's how u dream the mind makes patterns out of it or something when u sleep
>>
mine is more like very very fine static over every object, constantly, almost like it's vibrating
>>
same story, OP. had it all my life. however,
>This suggests that the grainy static, dots and lights seen by people with the disease are indeed viable, not artifacts of image processing.
no it doesn't. most brains filter it out because, obviously, it is noise. it's information that impairs our vision. I really fail to see how you even jumped into that conclusion.
>>
>>27328892
You mean like this?
>>
>>27329278
>>27329384
>>27329389
>>27329422
Interesting how a condition considered extremely rare is experienced by at least five different people with at least some interest in the paranormal
That's annicdotal, but interesting!

>>27329422
The consensus is that the static is literally electromagnetic energy.
Its information that we all perceive through our eyes, that most of us can filter out. It's viable, and would still be there even if you couldn't see it

>>27329462
Yes that's pretty much how I see things too anon
>>
>>27329462
what the fuck not even 700ug made me see reality like that. If thats the case for you how do you function lol
>>
>>27329690
It's not every effect at the same intensity all the time. Sometimes they are subtle and I have to focus on them. Though sometimes they are very distracting.
>>
I see it the most in the dark, but even in the brightest of environments it's there. all the other stuff about afterimages, floaters and such are true for me too. if i stare up into the sky when it's clear and really sunny, I can see individual little white blood cells dancing around in what i can only assume is the weird juice inside the eye, if not the blood behind or around it or whatever. it's quite weird.
>>
It happened to me when i coughed too hard. What i saw were shiny little white specks, moving around like sparklers on the edges of my vision. I believe the term is called "phosphene." It happens when you have a sudden increase in blood pressure.
>>
>>27329805
I hate those the most, but like you said, I can only see it looking up the sky too. Also for me, the sky almost vibrates in waves sometimes.
>>
>>27328892
Yo I thought everyone had this?
>>
Yes, I’ve experienced VS my entire life. My wife and my best friend also have it. Personally, I think it’s much more common than reported and most people just don’t pay attention to it. I believe those of us who noticed it without being prompted by another individual should count ourselves as more aware.

Experience of VS vary largely from person to person. Personally, my VS is very faint and since I’ve had it my entire life I’m easily able to “tune it out” when I need to, however it is always present.
Perception is so subjective it’s hard to quantify in a way that can be understood by someone else.
>>
>>27329827
Actually caused by low blood pressure, low blood sugar i mean.
>>
nothing X about it it's just physics
>>
>>27329871
Explain how visual phenomena is “just physics”
>>
I get this a lot when I'm high. So much so that I've seen recurring shapes that are clearly visible and moving. Usually grids of dots, or weird symmetrical shapes. Most often I see two triangles facing toward one another in an X Shape.
>>
>>27328892
happens to me, drives me nuts. have similar auditory white noise so basically need dim lighting and white noise to sleep because my brain simply wont filter it out.
>>
>>27328892
I also experience this. When I close my eyes, it’s significantly more intense and I see fractals, misty figures swirling in the darkness and occasional full-on visions. It’s pretty rad if you meditate on the visions and see what manifests. I have aphantasia and all I see is whatever comes to me in the static. Once I saw the all seeing eye and it filled me with terror.

My understanding is it has to do with blood vessels in the eye, floaters and so on. I remember reading a wiki article about a scientist who had it and saw visions in a hypnagogic state. Allegedly the scientist fell asleep watching a fire and saw two snakes reveal the chain structure of a chemical he was working on.

I don’t know how mystical it all is, but once I had my brainwaves measured and the technician mentioned that my theta waves spiked 200% rather than the normal 50% when they had me close my eyes to establish a baseline. I imagine the snow and matrixing or seeing whatever our mind wants us to see leads to increased activity in the creative parts of the brain.

This is all anecdotal from my experience and likely rife with errors, so any input is welcome. You’re not alone, anon. It’s weird.
>>
>>27328892
WHAT THE FUCK. I have this exactly, my eye doctor said it was caused by astigmatism
>>
Bump
>>
>>27328892
I live all my life with it.
Also have bad migraine time to time.
But dots present every moment.
>>
Yep, always had it.
>>
does anyone else experience tinnitus? for my entire life i've had VS and chronic tinnitus
>>
Yah sometimes its strong other times is barley there. I think its fun.
>>27332125
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsCTBeGrT8k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztSBhvt4v-E
I work in a print shop and these help alot. I have done them over a course of 6 months. But get deafening ringing when I get a spiritual message that I need to understand.
>>
>>27328892
Same here. I even get DMT like fractals from time to time, usually when i rub my eyes
>>
Yeah I have this and have noticed it some I was very young. Mostly only notice it in the dark but sometimes also on a bright plain surface like a white wall or the sky as another anon said.
>>
>>27328892
>eigengrau
Thanks OP, I've learned a new thing today.

I've heard some people have significantly more visual snow even in lighted conditions, but I have to look really closely in those low-light conditions to see anything of the sort.

>>27332125
It seems like VS is like the visual version of tinnitus, right?
>>
I've had this shit my whole life and noticed it as a kid, definitely when eyes are closed. Never knew how to explain and never asked anyone about it because of that, and also because I didn't know if everyone had it. Hasn't ever bothered me. Made for some entertaining closed eye times though. I believe it has gotten less strong as I've gotten older though, used to be way crazier as a kid. For open eye, it is way less noticeable, just more like a barely seen static filter or however you want to term it over my vision. What I see with eyes closed doesn't carry over to eyes open.
>>
the worse part is trying to sleep, the snow makes you see stuff out of corner of eyes
>>
>>27332125
I learned today through researching VS that I also have chronic tinnitus
Its weird, it's a constant overlay over my normal hearing, just like VS, but I can hear when electrical devices are on around me

During the day it's less noticeable, but if a TV is on in my house at night I can hear the frequency emission, same with radio, microwaves, security cameras etc

I thought everyone could hear it

I'm anycase I've learned that Sight/Hearing are as married as senses as Smell/Taste, which is really cool
>>
>>27332272
oh yea don't know if it is related, but I've also had migraine "auras" that basically is a blind spot. Luckily I very rarely get migraines because it is super weird.
>>
>>27328892
I have visual snow and it fucking bothers the hell out of me when I've noticed it. I want whatever was filtering them before to work again. Screw having to view reality through an old TV.
>>
>>27328892
>What is /x/'s take on this?
I'm struggling to cope with the idea that this is some rare disease and not just how human eyes work. You're fucking with me, right?
>>
>>27332345
Several of us can testify we have snow. I got mine after getting off Zoloft for the first time.
>>
>>27329462
there's an eye condition that causes this but I lost the fucking name. Antiscoptic or someething not even close to that.
>>
>>27332355
No I'm saying how does anyone NOT have it? Am I not seeing what most people see? I'm actually freaking out right now, I'm 31 years old and suddenly finding out that this isn't normal.
>>
>>27332367
No, most people don’t have “pixels” or “atoms” or whatever you want to call it. No, it’s not a sign that anything else is wrong. Nobody knows why some of us have this.
>>
I'm wondering how many people here have VS and have taken an SSRI. Anyone else?
>>
>>27332367
Its okay anon, really

The neurons in your cerabellum are overexcited, which means your 'resting' visual reception in the brain are higher than normal

To me, it's less a question of 'what's wrong with my brain' than 'what exactly IS that static?'

No cause for concern though, you've had it this long and it hasn't caused you any problems
>>
>>27328892
What's the Venn diagram of people with visual snow and people that experience the paranormal?
>>
>>27328892
I see the same shit as the video but the colors are always as vibrant as a gay pride parade. It is also described often as "prisoners cinema" What I find most interesting is the fractals. On one occasion I saw a circular fractal pattern in every color seeming to expand and contract in on itself at the same time in shifting geometric shapes.
>>27329805
The white dots, if you manage to track them will follow the same patterns. It's hard to track them because they move with your eye. The white blood cells are traveling through the capillaries in your eye. I don't think it's connected to the prisoners cinema phenomena directly, but it seems that most people that see them also see the prisoners cinema.
>>
>>27332125
yes, since I was a kid I had a low rumble, recently it has gotten to severe levels, a high pitched scream that can be heard over everything. it makes my life miserable.
>>27332383
I’ve had VS since before I was on SSRIs...I think. I started SSRIs at a very very young age but I’m pretty sure I had it even before.
>>
>>27332383
I have, a lot, but I've seen it for as long as I remember, long before I took ssri's.
>>
>>27332431
>>27332383
>>27332301
>>27332272
Any severe childhood fevers?
>>
>>27332462
Yes, it was enough to cause a seizure when I was a toddler.
>>
>>27332462
I don’t think so. I’ve had plenty of fevers as a lot of kids do but nothing severe or worth mentioning.
>>
I've never really thought about it but when I close my eyes that video is pretty close to what I see. I didn't think it was special.
>>
>>27332479
>>27332483
ok. I ask because my first memory before visual snow and hearing "the hum" is a severe fever at the age of 4 or 5, Ever since I have been unable to black out and have always remained fully cognizant while still in altered states, like my consciousness in compartmentalized. I'm trying to make connections as to why I am the way I am. I don't get the luxury of not remembering what I did while high or drunk. SSRI's seem to split me into two people, myself as a passenger and my body obeying the drug. I stay away from that shit now. It's fucking terrifying.
>>
>>27332383
I've had visual snow since I was a young kid and the only SSRI I have taken has been recent and it is a low strength one for sleep aid only. This isn't something that popped up later in life for me.
>>27332402
>'what exactly IS that static?'
Same. Just have no idea what it is, but it's never concerned me.
>>27332462
Not that I can recall. I had frequent ear infections, which might have caused fever, but no noteworthy big fevers from childhood. If they happened it was before I could form concrete memories, though even then my parents nor older sister have ever mentioned anything like that to me.
>>
>>27332527
Also I'm not opposed to the idea that it's brain damage. I'm smart. Smart enough anyway, but slow. I'm better at writing than speaking because I can take my time.
>>
>>27332527
wtf same but, i don't know about any fevers
>>
>>27332618
The fever may have nothing to do with it, I'm just looking for common themes.
>>
>>27329278
the visual snow/closed eye segment is accurate, but if you see that many floaters you might either have OCD or an optic nerve problem. If I stare at a blue sky I can see that much shit floating around never during a normal image.

If I look hard I can see the snow while typing this, but literally no floaters
>>
>>27332639
I see a fuckload of floaters everywhere, but I also got flashbanged as a kid.
>>
>>27332319
Very painful as well I always throw up from the pain.
>>
i've always had VS, it manifests itself as like a faint film grain. it's never bothered me or made it difficult to concentrate or function, but maybe i've just gotten used to it. my sister says she has it too.
>>
>>27332726
I wonder if it's one of those things that everyone has but most people accept it as just part of life so they ignore it and don't report it as abnormal, which makes it only seem rare.
>>
>>27332807
I wonder this too. It may be that they aren't even aware of it. Kind of like how you don't see your nose unless you think about it.
>>
>>27328892
I get this when I get proper angry at something, It glimmers like stars in the night sky and fades away shortly after I calm down.
>>
>>27329864

>wife and best friend

tread carefully anon, you don’t seem the questioning type but the world is coming fast to people without their knots tied tightly enough, know what I’m saying

just looking out bro, I don’t doubt you experience what you do but you should doubt everything and everyone else
>>
File: snow.png (667 KB, 763x570)
667 KB
667 KB PNG
It wasn't until recently that I was made aware of this, I also assumed everyone experienced it. I have really bad VS to the point where colors bleed into each other and I see visual "halos" around lights.
Throughout the years it's become worse and has created an intense sense of dissociation that I can't quite explain. I know what's happening is real but I can't shake the sense that it isn't. Best way I can describe it is that deep existential feeling people get when they stare at themselves in the mirror for too long only worse.

Do you experience this too?
>>
>>27332894
Tread carefully anon, you're projecting massively.

Adultery isn't new, anyone that actually has a wife already knows and understands what im saying and why you're retarded.
>>
Light halos are not connected to VS as far as I understand. It's basically lens flare. The older you get the worse it gets. If you have astigmatism like I do, lens flare fucking everywhere. You need glasses or you'll need them soon. You'll still see the VS though.
>>
>>27329667
I think everybody has it they just don’t notice, the effect becomes amplified on LSD I've noticed and I’ve had it my whole life. That “snow” you’re seeing is actually energy, psychics can see this static form a dim silhouette of other entities on people as well as their auroras or “energy field”, but it takes a lot of focus and meditation to work up to this. Those with enough natural talent can see the dead while conscious but that’s usually something you have to be born with.
>>
>>27332894
>Generalization and massive projection. Generalization is a weak minds attempt to grasp the complexity of life.
Projecting is just insecurity.
You don’t know me.
>>
File: 1605597829673.png (138 KB, 1330x550)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
>>27329667
>Interesting how a condition considered extremely rare is experienced by at least five different people with at least some interest in the paranormal
>>
>>27333897
I have synesthesia, visual snow, and have natural/unintentional lucid dreams. I'm not sure how I feel about all the GATE stuff, but in elementary school I was regularly taken with 3 other kids out of class to an "advanced" class they called "enrichment." I don't remember much from it, besides doing some logic puzzles and watching videos.
>>
File: 1588484314526.png (418 KB, 1159x830)
418 KB
418 KB PNG
>>27334051
Welcome to the club.
>>
I have had this forever. I used to get severe migraines as a child, I still get bad headaches when it rains. The migraines went away thankfully (around age 17) but the visual snow persisted. I was told it was more common with people who had migraines or other similar issues. It literally looks like I'm seeing atoms or microscopic particles whenever I see. I've gotten used to it, but I still wonder what the cause may be.
>>
>>27334100
I remember the shape test, and some hearing things, but nothing past elementary school. As in, nothing happened in middle and high school, at least that I remember.
Did you pick a shape?
I picked the star.
I remember the plus was boring, the squiggles were worms and the box was too peaceful.

Or its a different memory and I'm appropriating elements. I guess that's a possibility.
>>
>>27328892
Everything looks like a big fucking oil painting. From a distance it looks like god took an enormous brush and painted around silhouette of every object, I focus for a minute and my mind cobbles it together into finer and finer brush strokes until everything is "real", and then it fades in and out. Its not actually that bizarre but that is vaguely what it feels like.
>>
>>27333305
I didn't want to be the one to say it but I agree it's energy of some kind I've observed it forming images when you dream hypagognic imagery among other things
>>
File: 875114311.png (61 KB, 724x731)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
>>27332366

They call it closed-eye visualisation, I think; differentially diagnosable with Charles Bonnet syndrome.
>>
can this be cured using rituals?
>>
Lol, hello fello GATE kids
>>
>>27334051
I have visual snow and can vaguely remember going to special therapy as my parents called it weird thing is I can't for the life of me remember what went on in there.
>>
>>27332895
The hallos are described perfectly... I didn't know you weren't supposed to see them

Most VS sufferers have some form of anxiety or disassociation for this very reason, the constant visual stimulican keep the brain in an early stage of Fight or Flight during the day
And not knowing what if what you're seeing is real can do hell of a number on a person's psychology if they obsess over it

As far as I'm concerned, what these things are is none of my business
If it's something significant one day I'll know, if not there's no point wasting time on it
>>
>>27332383
Had it my whole life and have never taken a prescription drug.
>>
>>27333897
>Synaesthesia
Uhhhhh I've also had this all my life..
Less of a solid sense, and more of a 'feeling' of how two unrelated senses are connected
Hard to put your finger on, even harder to explain

>empathy
One of my most prominant traits, has been a pain in the arse for my life really lol

>Lucid dreaming
Been there done that, only a handful of times though

I hope I don't sound like a crazy person by describing this but
I feel as if all three of these, plus VS, are working on a similar frequency that that's being bounced and refracted in your brain like a hall if mirrors refracting light and amplifying it
This frequency feels like its gathered up at the lower back of the head where it's the heaviset, and travels and refracts through the 'underside' of your brain, emitting frequency around where your eyes are, blasting outward exponentially

I can hear/feel my own frequency if I focus on it

Does this ring true to anybody?
>>
>>27335079
Yes I see the synesthesia and vs are related or asmr
>>
>>27329462

I had this for a while after I took to much hallucinogenics.
>>
>>27329864
Yeah, I'm with you on this anon. I've had VS all of my life and remember asking my mother as a child what the "small dots everywhere" are, but she didn't know what I was talking about.
>>
>>27335583
asked the same question got the same shitty mom answer “stop sitting close to the TV anon”
>>
>>27328892
How many of you wear glasses or contacts?
>>
>>27335693
Lol

What colour eyes do you guys have?
My eyes are blue, and my VS is prominent
>Just wanna see if there's any correlation
>>
>>27335733
I do. Had visual snow before I started to become nearsighted and glasses doesn't fix it. Might still be related, I guess.

>>27335748
Blue.
>>
>>27335748
My eyes are dark as fuck, never was a GATE kid, never been on any prescription meds and I have the visual snow awake+when I close my eyes I see everything in OP video.
Just had a very vivid dream, which was completely impossible due to the plot, but it was about something I was worrying yesterday.
Actually, sometimes when I try binaural beats it bothers me and I open my eyes because I see really bright lights (in total darkness with my eyes closed) and it makes me feel like something bright is present or someone took a photo of me with flash and I end up opening my eyes
>>
>>27332527

holy shit this is me. I stopped ssri for various reasons like you described (and I saw people-sized shadows darting around randomly).

The only time I'd black out was during drinking which I have since quit. Psyches I do not seem to lose myself, but can become quite cold and sweaty at high doses.
>>
bruh just wash ur eye lmfo
>>
>>27334725
How'd you know?
>>
As far as I can remember I had visual snow. I thought it was normal, when I was still a child and never questioned if it was normal.
Im not sure if this is connected to visual snow or something else, but when I concentrate on a single point, everything around it begins to lose detail, surface detail turn into a single color overlayed with the visual snow, which becomes more intense, and other patterns, shadows fading out.
>>
>>27328892
Anyone here have palinopsia? I've been dealing with it 24/7 for the past few years. I've had a CT scan, been to a neuro-opthamologist, etc and they can't find anything wrong. No idea what's wrong with me. Most of the time I can filter it out but sometimes I start focusing on it and it can get pretty annoying.
>>
>>27332366
astigmatism
>>
>>27337848
There's this strange effect that I have managed to invoke few times where the whole world stays visible when you close your eyes and you can move and it stays in sync with your movements.
>>
>>27328892
This is an actual thing? I always thought it was just tied to my bad eyesight and not wearing glasses often enough.
>>
Visual snow?
Check!

>>27334745
I got beat up for being able to hear a phone get charged, now im 25 and can still hear the electric heater running while my dad who can literally hear a leaf falling in the forest ... cant.

>>27335733
me

>>27335876
Bluish in the center, green on the periphery, I also see snow as stated, might not be color related.

>>27336641
Oh god, not the shadow people. That one time i took few hits of weed and went for a walk during a dark autumn night in a eastern european large park ... and seeing that shit everywhere, brr. Im not taking weed and walking around in the dark EVER again.

Also i remember that as a kid distant lights such as streetlamps could turn into a rather large fractal image if i squinted just a bit and was wild
>>
>>27328892
I never knew there is such a thing, I thought everyone sees that. I checked that video, I don't have all the symptoms, but the floaters and all the stuff he shows with closed eyes is the pretty accurate depiction of what I see.

Light beams and light fading are pretty trippy, never experienced those.

I guess I don't have it when my eyes open, but when I close my eyes, I can see objects, colors, things that don't exist, fucking light tunnels and some really trippy shit out can't describe. I always thought it's an "eye memory" or something, but what always worried me is that I could develop this visions into something different.
>>
>>27328892
I've got this, and I've always thought it might be my eyes detecting more than just "visible" light. I was a D&D geek as a kid, and the concept of "infravision" instantly clicked for me, because I can still discern objects and walls in very low light conditions. I secretly thought it meant I was a half-elf or something.
>>
>>27328892

I hear the static.
>>
>>27328892
Fuck :D Now I know that something is wrong with me
>>
Tee hee bump :3c
>>
>>27328892
I have had it my whole life, when I was a child I thought they were little people running around on my eyes, and I would will them to stop and start and sometimes it worked. As an adult it is just constantly there, I thought it was normal until I noticed my light trails getting worse, then I asked around and learned it was not normal.
>>
File: holyshyt.gif (280 KB, 550x480)
280 KB
280 KB GIF
>>27328892
Good bread. Made me look it up since ive had this shit all my life and just assumed everyone saw this if they really concentrated and found this really helpful site. Shit lays it out so perfectly, I forsure see all the floaters and little balls of light/ tiny target floating symbols in my entire range of view. It feels very close to my immediate like a wall of intelligent floating bacteria whizzing infront of my eyes, very annoying.

https://visualsnowman.com/visual-snow-symptoms/
>>
>>27328892
I've also always had it and it was especially apparent as a child. I've mostly learned to tune it out now. That or mind has just gone dull. If I focused too heavily on a single point, a blob with a chain link pattern in it would appear at the center of my vision and grow larger the longer I looked at it. I drew pictures of it and showed it to my mom. She thought something was wrong with me and took me to see the doctor but he just scratched his head at it.
>>
This fucking thread
I thought I was the only one and that my eyes were fucked or people weren't observant enough
Have any of you looked up at a clear blue sky with water goggles on after having gone for a swim
Looks like a blizzard of tiny little light pricks flying around erratically
>>
>>27334051
LARP
>>
>>27328892
was also sure everyone sees like me. one day i just thought "theres no fucking way a human being is supposed to see static everywhere and not talk about it!" so i googled and got my answer. i also have tinnitus. if i focus on the tinnitus or visual snow i get extremely uncomfortable, but i got so used to it i can ignore it most of the time.

im sorry op but we have a defective system. its not superpowers. i believe this is genetic because my mom claims to have it as well.

for those who dont know, you can see static on everything. most noticeable on light patterns, such as the sky at day. imagine the entire sky as static, all possible colors as little dots running around. when i was much younger i thought maybe im seeing air particles kek. our night vision is extremely impaired, at least mine is.
>>
>>27340077
Kek that's a good way to look at it actually
>>
>>27341980
i can see these when i look at the sky. I always thought they were cells. Or some part of how the eye works. I remember asking my PE teacher about them when I was like 9 and she said it was normal.
>>
And That’s how God gave us tv once a year
>>
I've got visual snow but it's from drug use as a kid, I believe it's called hppd. It used to be very bad but I haven't used hallucinatory drugs in a long time so I only really notice it sometimes now. It only happens randomly every now and then sometimes.
>>
>>27332662
Anon...I
>>
>>27334100
wtf, is there more...this is a little too accurate.
>>
>>27335450
The same here
>>
>>27343481
On god, it's not. I don't remember anything particularly unusual about it. I honestly think GATE is just formerly gifted kids blaming their life decaying on some external force. If anything I think the correlation there is that "gifted" children are more prone to having things like synesthesia, and that's about it. Perhaps visual snow and synesthesia are correlated as well.
>>
>>27328892
Back in 2016 when I was doing LSD I had visual snow, afterimages, breathing wave like disturbances and sometimes fractals I guess. It took a few years but it's all finally gone. Except maybe some mild static but it's unnoticeable and I may have always had it.
>>
>>27334100
>had trouble breathing during birth
>math bump
>first born son
>law enforcement leniency EVERY TIME
>drug experiment period
>premonitions/prophetic dreams
and i could have had a syrian gf who looked israeli but i rejected her. what the fuck is all this shit?
>>
>>27334100
Op here

This describes me perfectly, and I have a vague memory of those cards... What the fuck?
>>
>>27347137
I even remember the teacher I did this all with. And the hearing tests, the closed windows. Wish I could talk to that teacher or one of the other two kids I remember being in the program.
>>
They see shit on eyes because visual snow and other shit is braindamage. Not eye damage.
>>
>>27347190
CT scans come back normal anon read the bread
>>
>>27347223
He's just trying to make people feel insecure because that is the way of the new internet.
>>
>>27347223
Please be trolling.
>>
>>27347264
>eye tests and CT scans reveal no abnormalities
>>
>>27347276
Because it's brain damage. Also CT scan is inferior to MRI scan. Also i said brain damage which is very slight to cause visual snow and other eye complications.

Next time do not argue about things you do not understand. Ok? No? Okay
>>
HPPD

how many pots have you smoked son

i have it too. its from drugs.

if anyone has this that has never done drugs please speak
>>
>>27328892
Have they gotten a group of you together to see if the light beams in the sky are real or not?
I mean if your type aee after images of light that persist for so long.. maybe you really are seeing abnormaly dense beams of light?
>>
>>27347329
I have had hppd my whole life, before doing any sort of drug. I had Shaman's sickness when I was a kid though
>>
>>27347285
Pretty sure they would have thought to look for brain damage at some point.
>>
>>27347343
ok my theory is out the window then.
my other theory is that we just have more ET dna than others allowing us to see more of the light spectrum.
what color are your eyes?
>>
>>27347343
Can you tell us about Shaman's sickness?
>>
>>27347285
It isn't brain damage lmao. You might have brain damage, but OP doesn't. Brain damage doesn't cause HPPD, we don't know what causes HPPD. Personally I think it's the eye seeing a quantum aspect of reality.
>>
>>27328892
I see that, but I think it might be Covid fucking with my eye. Don’t know. Just in the last few weeks my vision in my left eye has cratered and I see spots, twigs, and everything else. I’m so scared. Glad to see it’s sort of normal and doesn’t mean I’m going blind.
>>
>>27328892
I was wondering why I see more when I'm stressed out or need pain meds
>>
>>27329384
yea its chi i always was taught to focus on the point of light when your meditating. some people have a natural chi flow others dont.
>>
>>27347373
From what I understand, Shaman's sickness is when a child has a high fever when they are extremely young, for no discernable reason. When my sister was born I was extremely sick with a fever of 105, for a few days. I was probably 2 or 3.

In ancient/native cultures, these children who came close to death were often picked to become tribal Shaman.
>>
>>27347411
Chi = electromagnetism generated by the heart, brain, and gut. Humans generate an electromagnetic field, which can be manipulated and felt, and potentially seen who knows.
>>
>>27347431
yes. the more you practice cultivating chi the more awakened your consciousness becomes. naturally producing more DMT in the brain activating your third eye. so what we are experiencing here is the third eye overlaping the other eyes. thats why its active when you close your eyes as well. i have a link about this hold up...
>>
>>27347540
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r15ckOaXuSA&t=24s
>>
>>27347549
captions on haha
>>
>>27328892
I see this too, to the point where surfaces (especially "busy" surfaces like carpet) have a constant, swirling "flow" of specks. I just try to ignore it but sometimes it's neat to watch.
>>
>>27333897
>>27334100
Please, someone give me either answers or a thread to follow where I can learn more about this. It's far too coincidental.
>>
>>27347614
this shit boggles my mind too.. i was a gifted kid.. the list from the second post is giving me spoops...painfully accurate
>>
File: garp3.png (1.32 MB, 1080x1080)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
>>27347285
Hmm>>27347614
>>27347727
Ditto
>>
>>27335079
>I can hear/feel my own frequency if I focus on it
is it a frequency one might have when your ears are ringing? like, you focus on it and it gets louder, but it's not tinnitus (i have that, from time to time, it's different). it "sounds" like tinnitus, but it's not in your ears, it's directly in your head; in the back, to be exact. it's hard to describe, but does any of the shizzo shit i'm typing right now relate to that line of yours?
>>
File: 1594409896328.jpg (85 KB, 720x545)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>27336795
fuck you for making me laugh
>>
I've never done drugs but I've seen this as long as I can remember. The stuff in the video is just the background, though, and I only see the pulses when I deeply meditate. Mine has a blue tone rather than red, though.
As I said, the simulation's like the background of what I see with my eyes closed. What I can see even with my eyes open isn't quite like static since it's colored, and the part of it closest to the center of my vision (regardless of where I look) has a specific movement pattern. The little 'dots' or pieces of 'static' are of every color imaginable, and I see them overlayed on reality at all times in a way that doesn't obscure my vision.
>>
had the snow/noise all my life. thought it was normal. big surprise reading through this thread.
had a time in which i experimented with shrooms. the snow, for some time after (weeks to months) was less chaotic and more geometrical, mandelbrot style fractals. shit was cash.
also:
seeing that we have attracted at least 1-2 shills in here also tells me, there's something to it. don't engage them, btw. let their work be for nothing.
>>
>>27347834
why tf was the program called STAR and GATE
i wonder who is behind this because that bit about the police being nice to you is just weirdly accurate. its like everytime ive gotten into shit they run my ID give it back and say your good and little else while my friends got the pat down and shit... are we protected by some higher organization? what does it all mean. i am still searching for answers everyday. not just about my past.

anyone else have military parents??
>>
>>27347727
>>27347834
I decided to look at those posts in the archive and it lead me to this /pol/ thread. Not sure how much is schizo garbage, but I am genuinely freaked out. The important thing when reading this is not to get angry or believe you are irreversibly fucked.
https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/292207571/
>>
Many many people have VS. It's just "rare" because people just don't realize that's a problem. They grow up like that, doctors tell them their eyes are perfect during eye exams, etc.

Many doctors don't even know that such thing exists anyway.
>>
>>27348097

Last police interaction I had they were obscenely nice, last question they asked me was if I was a solider. What the fuck? Like they would know if I was in the military pretty sure that's public record.
>>
didn't know I had this wtf
>>
>>27329834
I never realized this was uncommon until now.
I'm sincere about this, whenever I close my eyes I see things like the video in OP, the effects are not always the same. When I stare at the sky I also see it pulsating or moving kind of wavy, I also sometimes experience the focus thing in the video in op but no after-images.
I also remember that when I was younger I could see like small whiteish brighter contours on people when they stood in front of a white surface like a wall, I didn't try this for some time, I wonder if I have this condition and all of this things are really this uncommon.
>>
>>27348143
My experiences with police
>when i was 17 i got caught running around on a streeet shitface drunk and they just let me go
>got caught with weed 3 times at Uni, just got let off the hook
>got charged with reckless driving, given community service, but i needed volunteer hours for school anyway which happened to be the same exact number of hours
I'm never taking risks with the law again because I consider this to be pure luck, but it's really spooky how easy I had it.
>>
>>27330042
I experience the same as this anon, assumed everyone gets it but apparently not. For me it peaks at night time, it was much stronger when I was a kid but I can't tell if it's going away or I'm just used to it.
>>
>>27332427
I have VS but have had no paranormal experiences. I don't consider VS paranormal either.
>>
the noise is a canvas.
if you "see" it as random, it's chaos.
if you understand, it becomes something for your conscious mind and intuition to paint upon.
>>
>>27347957
I described a very similar thing here anon >>27335079
Damn
>>
>>27332383

I took too many SSRI’s and got close to serotonin sucrose a couple of times, it does things with vision similar to psychedelic use, among other similarities to so of psychs.

Stuff like perceiving everything to be in ‘bold’ and have a weird outline like when you turn the sharpness up too much on a tv screen, also pattern recognition goes through the roof, visually and mentally. It can be pretty intense. Sometimes every texture will ‘fractalise’ and I will have a belief though my perception of vision that even otherwise random surfaces have some kind of pattern or order. Side note; I’m also on the spectrum so ssri’s may affect me differently.
>>
>>27332895

Dude you probably just need glasses, I felt like this until I had proper ‘seeing’ glasses, not ones just for reading,
>>
Not exactly what OP is saying, but does anybody else here sees the same colors as when you rub your eyes when its dark or you close your eyes?
I have problems sleeping at night because I'll see purple figures changing shapes, and chessboard looking stuff, and I always tought it was normal, but apparently nobody in my family sees it.
>>
>>27328892
>To me, this is just normal, I see it all the time. Constantly.
Same, well not when something is close to my face but in the general air especially at low light
>>
>>27335583
oh fuck i didnt know this had a name to it. since i was a kid i always wondered what the specs i could see were
>>
>>27347383
When I first started having VS I also panicked and spent half a year convinced I was going blind. Got several eye checkups and they found nothing wrong except for the astigmatism that I already had glasses for.

Have not heard of Covid causing it before but there are all kinds of weird side effects to that shit.
>>
>>27328892
Have any of you been able to just close your eyes and see blue and green blob things just move around your field of view, once again when your eyes are completely shut and in the dark. I feel like its something normal but I don't know a name for it. It isn't an after image if you're wondering.
>>
the eyes closed part is almost identical to mine. I only get "focus blindness" when I'm tired. I also get this weird thing that wasn't in the video only when I am doing extreme cardio, like when i used to play in soccer matches and was exhausted at the end, I would see what looks almost like a crosshair anywhere I would focus my eye. It would go away like an hour later after i got rest.
>>
File: 1603444634298.jpg (68 KB, 465x619)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>27347285
>Next time do not argue about things you do not understand. Ok? No? Okay
>>
File: visual snow.jpg (2.67 MB, 2653x1754)
2.67 MB
2.67 MB JPG
>>27328892
Ok guys, the left side its the left side. People never mention this kind of snow. Yes I m psychotic but I believe its a kind of visual snow.
Plz also note this is not like the thing I this are the things I see. I put much afford in it to make it as realistic as possible.
The dots are also very tiny maybe you need to look twice.
Also left side.
>>
>>27347549
He sounds absolutely insane in this video
>>
>>27328892
Wow aren't you SPECIAL wooooah. This totally meaningless thing makes you hella UNIQUE.

t. also VS "sufferer"
>>
File: 1610740592125.jpg (94 KB, 739x739)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>27329462
lmao
>>
>>27353035
A for effort Friend
>>
>>27328892
Since I was a kid I see very little but a lot of red green or blue or purple light dots flying around in my field of vision theyre cute
>>
>>27328892
When I smoke marychuana it starts to take shape and I see beautiful mandalas and shapes also I can think of anything and I can see it take form on my eyelids lol
Also when Im sober and I lay completely still for a while I get visions fading in and out
>>
>>27350517
Yeah its quite the spectacle I love it
>>
>>27328892
>tfw i haven't watched tv in over a decade
>>
>>27354677
Dude they're plenty of explanations. Schizo is on the bottom of the list shill
>>
>>27358271
faggot
>>
If you hone in on the static you'll notice you can see the outline of stuff in your environment with your eyes closed, things that emmit an electronic frequency in particukar

Its hard to see because everything does it, even wooden furniture has an aura or frequency field, it's all about being able to discern the soft frequencies from the hard ones and training your eyes to know what you're seeing, it's very intuitive when you get the hang of it
Its like a misvke you need to excerise
>>
>>27358348
I agree in that I see after images of stuff all the time. But what benefit do I gain from training this?
>>
>>27334051
>>27334100
Kind of describes my experience I'm from Sweden, so we really didn't gave any GATE stuff like you americans, but I do remember that headset or something similar
>I have been interested in the /x/ stuff since I was 9-10 used to watch those funny scary youtube videos from conspiracy theorists
>Went to speech therapy and had my brain analysed by doctors
>First born well the only born
>Green/blue eyes
>Somewhat early birth
>Get weird snow visuals as if it's a simulation when I know it's not
>No NDEs luckily
>As a young child had very easy contact with Angels (my spirit guides) and even spoke to my grandfather after his death according to my parents
>Always had a good experience with the police
>Occipital Bun I think so, but according to 23andme I have low neanderthal ancestry but managed to retain quite a few traits
>Intuition can send very strong signals
>did the quick mensa sweden test so I might have an IQ over 126
>no israeli gf lol

Any other euro anons who had similar experience
>>
>>27334100
Yep.
>>
>>27335733
I do. I have terrible eyesight, but here's the kicker:

1) The snow persists whether I'm wearing my glasses/contacts or not.
2) It's more "focused." In other words, it shows me objects more clearly than my uncorrected vision.
>>
>>27328892
Ever since doing acid a handful of times I get those afterimages and a bit of visual snow sort of in the dark. eye floaters too but isn't that just normal? (They don't look like in the video but they are still quite annoying)
>>
>>27333897
What is a "natural" lucid dreamer? I had a few when I was a teen, but it didn't happen without the effort/interest in lucid dreaming.
>>
>>27358840
>Speech therapy
Man, are you retardd? LOLL
>>
>>27328892
>What is /x/'s take on this?

You have watched a lot of television.
>>
>>27359834
yeah dude who cand say world
>>
>>27328892
I had VS and eye floaters and such a lot more when I was a kid, maybe because I was on stimulants.
One time I smoked Salvia and I could fucking see CO2 molecules in the air and feel the moisture in the air like I was fucking underwater. We are in fact submerged in an ocean of particles. Eye floaters is just hydrocarbons getting on your eye bool imo.
>>
>>27347285
I've had two MRIs done in the last decade for different reasons
Both came back normal and I fall into this category
Why do you come here acting like you're intellectually challenging these claims but simultaneously make assertions you have ZERO evidence or proof of?
>>
>>27329462
literally my problem with eyes

idk what to do
>>
File: Visual_snow3.gif (1.14 MB, 490x327)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB GIF
>>27328892
I've had visual snow for as long as i could remember, similar to pic related, just milder.

I have also recently noticed that it has reduced dramatically, and couldn't really pin point as to why. The only thing that I have changed is that i haven't been looking at screens as much in the past week. I'd usually sit in front of a screen for about 16 hours a day, although this week only about 3-4 hours a day. So it's possible we are using screens too much, or at least in my case.

In regards to people talking about tinnitus, fixing my posture, and trying to reduce how much i clench my jaw has really helped. If you haven't had any damage to your ears, that could have caused it, try neck stretches too see if it affects your tinnitus, it might make it louder or lower for a couple seconds. There are also trigger points around the joints of your jaw, if putting pressure on this area affects your tinnitus, it could be that you're clenching your jaw too much.
>>
>>27358348
The third eye is physical, not just spiritual.
Most people don't know it even exists because it is deep in the head and not exposed to much light.

It has a spherical field of view, so it's orientation feels wierd compared to normal binocular vision.

Try running your hands around your head and a flashlight around your head in pitch dark with your normal eyes closed.

The first thing you might pick up on is a monochrome outline of your hand.

You can also put your hand behind certain objects and see through those objects.
>>
>>27362681
People who can see ultraviolet light can see haze on distant objects such as mountains that isn't normally visible.
>>
>>27365207
Funny you say that, I've been training my visual snow and I've been learning to see the outline of stuff with my eyes closed, it works, it's cool
>>
>>27328892
i only get snow/stars if:
>i hold my breath
>i get up too fast
>i coom too hard
>its really dark
>i close my eyes
>>
>>27328892
I have this and got it after a particularly bad flu in 2016.
>visual snow and other visual phenomena occuring in my vision
>dizzyness
>feeling disconnected
>huge anxiety
>feeling tired constantly
>feeling my foot vibrate like a cell phone (one second off one on)
>crawling sensation on my face and scalp, sometimes torso, like spiders are walking over me

I'm hearing some corona sufferers have similar symptoms even 6 months after getting over it.
What the fuck, did I get corona in 2016?
>>
has anyone here thought that maybe the inner third eye was literally an eye?

anybody know that it literally is an actual eye with rods and cones.

close your eyes and watch the light.
>>
>>27328892
Focal epilepsy from adrenaline based brain damage from over stimulation

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.