[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: eelsslippery2.jpg (32 KB, 400x300)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
Why ARE most people so dumb when it comes to following the narrative and accepting lies blindly?
It seems unnatural. I thought its a pretty reasonable assumption to know there are things outside of what you know, and there are things that are true that you will never know, and even if you did, you couldn't grasp either.
>inb4 indoctrination
Not an excuse. If you're being indoctrinated, its your responsibility to detect that that is what's going on

Most people are too stupid to be worth informing. And they're not going to do anything with the heightened awareness either, because they're surrounded by morons just like you are after the fact, so basically everyone loses

I don't think people need to be told. You either get it, or you're too dumb.
>>
Sharing information with other people who are willing to learn though? Good.
>>
Generally fear of the unknown. People want to learn more about the world yes, but there's always the nagging fear of learning something uncomfortable about one's own place in it. Hence, why the efforts of most modern scientists lie in preserving what we already know rather than exploring what we don't (the ocean for example).
>>
>>27321745
what things?
>>
I think people aren't given enough genuine freedom nor do they incline towards dissociation enough

We are taught everything all our lives, and the objective -centric work culture means that we have no time to seriously drink in reality, explore, and experiment

We are conditioned and taught, but we aren't given space and time to genuinely learn from our own experience, through ourselves, and in nature

At least not enough
>>
>>27321745
>Most people are too stupid to be worth informing.
I know the answer to your questions, but since you have a personal belief that it's acceptable to not inform people of important information pertaining to them then you also believe people may withhold information from you.
So I will respect your belief and not tell you.
>>
File: Saori Alice.jpg (203 KB, 1440x1080)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>>27321745
Because learning and think for yourself is effort and it's much easier to go with the flow with other schools of fishes even if you end up drowning in the shallowest of trenches.
>>
>>27321745
>Most people are too stupid to be worth informing. And they're not going to do anything with the heightened awareness either, because they're surrounded by morons just like you are after the fact, so basically everyone loses
If everyones informed, they are not sorrounded by morons anymore, smart guy. This is about what is generally held as true in society. Mainstream cultures notions. Then we would have a life.
>>
They are bred for compliance.
>>
>>27325353
This is what fucks me up the most. The fact that the most obedient sheep funnel into the easiest situations for breeding.
>>
>>27321745
Same reason most people are so dumb when it comes to committing crimes.
Most people are just stupid. Most people being everyone. Yes, that means everyone.
>>
There’s a bunch of competing narratives and people aren’t quite so stupid to just go along with anything, but when everything seems like bullshit it’s hard to tell.

Good thing we’ve got you “player characters” to “enlighten us” by feeding us absolute horseshit and then giggling when you mistake the benefit of the doubt for being some sort of truth shaping ubermensch
>>
>>27321745
One of the hardest things a person will ever do is question their own beliefs. It's very liberating, sure, but it's also a terrifying prospect, especially for those whose close circle is rife with those same beliefs.
And belief is a dangerous thing. We're more likely to second guess ourselves if everyone around us is convinced of something else.
I don't think it's a matter of people being too dumb, it's a matter of how deep personal convictions run. It has to be a personal decision, motivated by a deep yearning to find the truth.

The only thing that we can do, is talk to the people close to us with the understanding that their beliefs bring them a lot of comfort for one reason or the next. And maybe nothing will change with us talking to them, and that's okay too. If they're ever ready, they won't need us.
And another thing I think is important is to raise our children to be open and curious and to question and search for themselves.
>>
File: 1610413676938.jpg (112 KB, 565x423)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>27325635
Ok boomer
>>
>>27325635
>giggling when you mistake the benefit of the doubt for being some sort of truth shaping
kind of true.
A lot of time people mistake politeness towards them for their own dominance.
I was like that when I was young especially.
In fact, its usually hard to tell the difference.

Is it time to be humble?
Or is it time to lead because people feel uncertain?
>>
Its a common trick to let somebody feel like they are leading in order to take advantage of them.

So from a game theory perspective, its really confusing.
>>
>>27321745
peoples own thought and will are devaluated in early age. parents are gods children are shit. later cemented by religion. jesus is god, priests are gods your opinion is shit. now scientists are gods, you are conspiracy theorist. people worship labels, costumes, deny responsibility, being in prison. people are very predictable, very programmable. and cure is illegal, war on cure, war on drugs.
>>
>>27325665
Damn he got you shaking.
>>
>>27322816
>We are taught everything all our lives
Im not taught, I learn. I teach myself how to do almost everything. Sure I often learn from examples and tutorials, but the things Im often making or doing go beyond cookie cutter shit. Whenever im taught something, I don't see it as a fact or something solid in my mind but rather as a tool, as information I can use to make more choices.

maybe this is part of the difference? It seems like when many people are "taught" they just become an imitation machine and don't really use the information beyond its initial form.
>>
>>27325554
Even you, and even me.

Thats why this world is hell, we all have the curse of ignorance
>>
>>27327781
That s absolutely the difference and that's why I brought it up
I share the same frustration friend, but it is a self projection

I think if there is less hivemind, then there is less cohesion
It's all really a balancing act between how much individual and how much hivemind.
I'm assuming there's times where it's very individual and very hivemind.
I think Tower Of Babel comments on this specifically.
>>
>>27321745
Stupidity is part of the problem, but it's also because of conformism. In order to be accepted by other people, the average person learns to not think too much or ask too many questions, and instead accept what others tell him.

>I thought its a pretty reasonable assumption to know there are things outside of what you know, and there are things that are true that you will never know, and even if you did, you couldn't grasp either.
It may be reasonable, but will it make you more popular with your peers? Probably not. It doesn't make you seem fun or "cool". So this kind of thinking is discouraged. You seem to expect most people to be intellectuals, which is the same as expecting them to be athletes. Intellectuals and philosophers are by necessity a minority.
>>
>>27328556
Honestly it'd be a fucking nightmare if everyone was a philosopher

Some people are just here to play in the sandbox and roll with the tides
>>
>>27321745
They have been taught that by society their whole lives. Sociology doesn't even believe humans are capable of experiencing thoughts that society hasn't told them about. They build an island of rationality and say any whose footing is not on that island is psychotic or should be chemically altered back to the baseline.
>>
>>27328585
Well it's a delicate discussion

You could say "nothing new under the sun". That we don't come up with new things in life just different combinations and different combination surroundings

But you are you and you will only ever be this one composition. It's the only time it'll exist in this environment
So you have a unique access to reality

I'm not trying to get all snowflake but it's real
>>
Theyre primarily integrated
>>
>>27328575
Which would merely be sad, if it wasn't for the fact that those people massively outnumber us and have power over our lives.
>>
File: 8934568734684.png (459 KB, 584x584)
459 KB
459 KB PNG
>>27321745
>>
File: 893487346843.png (107 KB, 618x1276)
107 KB
107 KB PNG
>>
File: EXCD_jaWoAIVANv (1).jpg (114 KB, 660x660)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>27328966
Dubs confirm

his philosophy with stood time even got grandfathered into became one of my faves

I'd buy the guy a beer for sure probably learn something there
>>
>>27325378
Hasn't it been said for years that the most intelligent people are breeding less and that this is a worry?

Dumb people are fucking like rabbits right now, but the more intelligent grow increasingly lonely.
>>
>>27328966
>>27329035
shills are acting as stupid people on the internet as to demoralize opposition. the pigeon meme is literally shills calling themselves idiots
>>
>>27321745
The majority of the population is made up of NPCs.
>>
File: spurdo fear loathing.jpg (14 KB, 278x182)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>27329004

Thanks for posting this, I'd never heard of this guy before but will be checking out his writing
>>
Q isn’t real

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.