[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1576461678280.jpg (48 KB, 582x388)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
Why do we knock on doors and what's the occult meaning behind it?
>>
He knocked for the purple nono juice
>>
>>26792267
> what's the occult meaning behind it
Motherfucker what the fuck else are we supposed to do when we get to the door? Fucking scream until someone comes to open it?
>>
>>26792293
Look at this fucking occultlet
>>
we are not link barging into an npcs house to get a quest, break jars for money, and long jump out of the house yelling "hyaaa"
if you don't know and walk in, you're going to get punched in the fucking face and it'll be justified
>>
inb4 thread reported and deleted cause not x/ tier
>>
>>26792307
There's other shit you could do to announce your presence and I refuse to believe there isn't an occult significance behind it.
>>
>>26792267
>>26792306
>>26792378
fucking ape
>>
>>26792391
Oh sorry, here let me make this proper for nu-/x/:

HAPPENING GUYS #PIZZAGATE THE KRAKEN IS BEING RELEASED AND DONALD TRUMP IS UNSEALING ALL THE INDICTMENTS
SPIRIT COOKING SATANIC PEDOPHILES ARE GOING DOWN IT'S HAPPENING NOW SOMEONE READ ME MY STAR CHART VAMPIRE HERE BTW
>>
>>26792378
How else can you announce your presence?
>>
>>26792401
Yelling, singing, using an instrument (we do this with doorbells now but why wasn't this always the standard?), kicking the door, I could think of plenty of outlandish shit too.
>>
>>26792429
Won't that disturb people living nearby? Knocking alerts the people in the home without calling attention to the entire neighborhood. It makes sense.
>>
>>26792267
We have complex house entering rituals because vampires run society and it helps them blend in
Next time somebody comes to your door, open it but don't explicitly invite them in, see how they react
>>
>>26792503
This is a good theory
>>
>>26792429
>hey Bobby is coming over
>oh that weird dude that brings his ukulele everywhere?
>yeah don't worry, he just uses it to let is know he's here, some weird fear of knocking doors
>geez, you think he should go to therapy?
>>
>>26792647
But see you only accept knocking as normal and obvious because it's always been that way for apparently thousands of years. /Why/ is it the norm? Why has it always been the ritual?
>>
>>26792429
>yell
Knocking makes a sound from within the house, so it isn’t muffed like yelling or singing would be. If you yell really loud, it’s annoying to everyone in the neighborhood(and will make them think someone is a the door as well). Also, why is singing more rational that knocking on door?

>playing an instrument
So your telling me to chain a fucking herdy gurdy to my doorstep, which not everyone can play, and will probably break after being left outside, and somehow knocking on the fucking
door is unreasonable? You’re insane.

>kick it
Kicking is still knocking, just less convenient. Why would people use their legs over their hands if they’re free? It’s easier to rapidly hit a door with your hands(knock once and people will just assume something fell over)

What planet do you live on?
>>
>>26792667
And if we chose to yell instead, you fuckwits would call that bullshit occult. We knock because it is the most convenient way to do it, simple as that.
>>
>>26792831
No, you knock because everyone before you has knocked for thousands of years and you've never questioned why.
>>
>>26792307
>we are not link barging into an npcs house to get a quest, break jars for money, and long jump out of the house yelling "hyaaa"
i see what you're saying
knocking on the door is an attempt to bind us, to curtail humanity's power
without the idea of knocking, without the ritual, we would be free to roam wherever we pleased, to take whatever we pleased, to say and to think whatever we had a will to say and think
but who bound us in this way? who created this ritual to cut us off from our freedom?
>>
>>26792785
>>26792831
http://www.templestudy.com/2008/01/23/knocking-3-times-on-the-holy-door/
Retards
>>
Is kicking the door the same as knocking? I'll do that for a month or two instead of knocking to see if anything changes. If the demons come to get me or some shit, you guys will help me, right?
>>
>>26792891
And everyone before has knocked because it was convenient. Twat
>>
>>26792934
Then why don’t people use mallets?
>>
>>26793039
>he doesn't carry a gentleman's cane
>>
>>26792919
If that’s what you want, then remove your door and let everyone in! See what fucking happens commie.
>>
>>26792919
>taking a shit in a public restroom
>guys walks in
>tell him it’s occupied
>other guy just stands there, staring
>ask him to leave
>other guy goes off on a long rant about how doors are an occult invention made to restrict human freedom and control the population.
>>
>>26793079
>>26793264
the npcs are buzzing with hostility, i seem to be onto something
this bears further investigation
>>
>>26792267
Knock on a tree to ask permission before entering a forest. Knock on a door(typically wood). The English phrase, "knock on wood".
>>
>>26792267
Back in the day we didn't have doorbells, so you needed to knock in order for the door to be unlocked and to be let in.
>>
private property and enslaving poor people
>>
>>2679229
text, "here"
>>
The occult meaning is that it's an elaborate excuse for knock knock jokes.
>>
File: sexy frecks.jpg (61 KB, 681x562)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>26792267

bcuz my doorbell is broken and Ring is for glowies
>>
Protocols...
Different doors...
Different protocols...
Long halls too...

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.