[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

So i need help with buying a laptop. My budget is 400€ max and it has to have a good screen and a long battery life. It should also be easily repairable so no soldered ram etc. The laptop has to work 100% with linux (wifi drivers, hardware-acceleration etc ). I dont care if its used. I tried asking /g/ but got no answer:( I want to use it to browse the web a little coding and to play some lightweight games. I already looked online but there are just too many options.
>>
>>1224028
>easily repairable so no soldered ram etc.
That's overrated. The last laptop I had to repair had memory sockets, but also a failed MHC, so it needed a new motherboard anyway. There basically does not exist a socketed laptop CPU or GPU, so the presence or absence of a SODIMM socket or two doesn't really make that much difference.
>>
>>1224028
>I want to use it to browse the web a little coding and to play some lightweight games.
Get a Chromebook, chromeos is basically linux when it comes to hardware support. You might even get away with rooted chromeos.
>>
>>1224030
I want to be able to upgrade my ram and ssd and stuff like that. But if the stock configuration is good enough i guess i don't care if i cant upgrade it.
>>1224031
I considered buying a Chromebook but i want a more "traditional" laptop. Why root it if i can just go in the bios and do what i want.
>>
>>1224033
>Why root it if i can just go in the bios and do what i want.
Because ChromeOS is lighter than Linux and comes with all the right drivers already installed.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.