[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: pscd.png (343 KB, 1170x896)
343 KB
343 KB PNG
To make it short and sweet, I have a PlayStation emulator and I would like the ability to create virtual audio CDs that are readable by the system so that they can be listened to in the CD reader mode.

I've been able to get as far as turning various types of audio files into a single bin or iso that the PS1 will recognize as a single silent track, but with the correct total audio length displayed.
Any guides I can find online related to imgburn and the likes are either for the burning of real, physical audio CDs, or for the creation of DVD-R files, which are not readable by a PS1.

How do I go about making a bin or iso or whatever that will be interpreted as a proper audio CD?
>>
this really shouldn't be that hard. first off what emulator are you using? second have you tried mounting them? or simply selecting them directly through the emulator? 3rd have you tried .iso?

meanwhile I'll do a quick test to see if it works properly for me
>>
File: notanemulatorissue.png (346 KB, 1170x896)
346 KB
346 KB PNG
>>1223927
>first off what emulator are you using?
DuckStation 0.1-4918, although I've already proven the CD player to work in some capacity as it properly plays music from cue/bin dumps created with real PS1 CDs.
>second have you tried mounting them? or simply selecting them directly through the emulator? 3rd have you tried .iso?
Yes to all of the above, please read the post before replying.

This is not a matter of whether or not the emulator functions, this is about the specific details of the data/media types and formats that I need to be using to perform this successfully without using real CDs.
>>
>>1223931
sounds like you know exactly what you're doing, sorry for fucking with your progress
>>
>>1223924
>How do I go about making a bin or iso or whatever that will be interpreted as a proper audio CD?
Pretty sure EAC and ImgBurn can both write bin/cue.
>>
>>1223984
EAC can't make files without a physical CD, can it? If you have any specific instructions on how to turn some wavs or flacs or whathaveyous into a cue/bin with EAC I'd appreciate it, I can't seem to find anything online.
>>
>>1224034
>EAC can't make files without a physical CD, can it?
You're right, doesn't look like it can.
You might be able to fool it with a disk emulator though.
>>
I figured it out
>>
>>1224040
>You might be able to fool it with a disk emulator though.
I suspected this wouldn't really work out well but I decided to experiment anyways. It just brings us back to square one; I would have to create an ISO or IMG file with proper CD-R file structure for the cue/bin rip to come out as desired.

>>1224490
thanks for the bump anon
>>
>>1224499
>It just brings us back to square one; I would have to create an ISO or IMG file with proper CD-R file structure for the cue/bin rip to come out as desired.
I mean "emulate a blank disk, 'write' the disk with EAC, then 'rip' the disk with EAC".
https://softwarerecs.stackexchange.com/questions/735/virtual-dvd-cd-writer-to-emulate-a-physical-writer-and-writable-disk
>>
>>1224499

I'm guessing you are op and I'm the first guy that responded, but you were being an asshole too. I did figure it out and was going to fuck with you and not tell you but I'm bored as fuck right now and have nothing else to do so I will be a nice guy and tell you how to do it.

Use ultraiso to create the audio cd image in bin/cue format (only accepts mp3 so you will have to convert TO that in order to do it).

Then use alcohol 120 to mount that image (since it's it's native format)

Duckstation was the only emulator I got to play it.

You're still a faggot.
>>
>>1224501

Edit: I might be confused with mdf format so try that too or even the others when saving the image with ultraiso
>>
File: works.png (343 KB, 1170x896)
343 KB
343 KB PNG
>>1224500
>Checked
Thank for you being specific enough to aid me in my retardation. Got it all working thanks you to, appreciate it anon!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.