[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: c.gif (19 KB, 60x152)
19 KB
19 KB GIF
What is an NFT?
>>
>>1145238
stands fornon-fungible token, which basically means that it's a one-of-a-kind digital asset that belongs to you and you only. The most popular NFTs right now include artwork and music, but can also include videos and even tweets.
>>
A scam
>>
It should also be noted that NFT "art" isn't handmade, they're made using a tool called Picrew (or something similar to it)
>>
>>1145241
>belongs to you and you only
But I can save it.
It's more like owning a receipt.
>>
>>1145238
literally just a google drive link to a file, no I'm not making this up. yes, it's a scam
>>
>>1145238
It's like steam trading cards, except normies are buying them for thousands of dollars.
>>
>>1145238
An ownership certificate of a digital asset, something like a serial key/number. You can prove you own it but you can't stop people from copying it unless the whole internet start using some sort of DRM system which detects if the content you have is "owned" by someone or not (Twitter is working on something like that IIRC).
Keep in mind NFTs can be anything digital such as image, video, audio, 3D object, In-game item etc.
Its a broken copyright system.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.