[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Maho~3.png (426 KB, 695x874)
426 KB
426 KB PNG
What anime should I watch with my mother? She liked Violet Evergarden, Kino's Journey, Haibane Renmei and Ghibli movies. She deeply disliked Madoka Magica, said it was too trippy for her (I think it was Inucurry's art and the tone of the show that set her off, looking back it was really a bad choice). She dislikes horror too. She loves western TV shows a lot, like GoT, Breaking Bad, Vikings, Outlander so something similar in setting would be okay

Do you guys think she might like Steins; Gate? I'm thinking of rewatching it with her, but I don't remember if there is any awkward moments
>>
>>1060840
I shaved and adopted a high schooler, or whatever the name is.
>>
File: mushi-shi.jpg (103 KB, 719x976)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>1060840
Haven't seen Violet Evergarden yet, but if she liked Kino's Journey and Haibane Renmei then take a look at Mushi-Shi.

No awkward moments here. It's a fairly laid-back, episodic series about a guy who's basically a "spirit medic". You'll know after an episode or two if you're going to like it or not.
>>
File: sora no woto 1.jpg (145 KB, 453x640)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
try sound of the sky
>>
>>1060840
It's been a while since I watched it, but doesn't a large part of Steins Gate revolve around the cute gay trap who wants to become a girl and fuck the MC? That could be awkward depending on what your mum is like.
>>
>deeply disliked Madoka Magica
Holy based, fuck Urobuchi

She would probably dislike Steins;Gate.
maybe...
Kobato
Last Exile
uhhh...
Speaking of Madooka, did she ever watched proper magical girl stuff? Maybe giving a shot to material like Rayearth or Princess Tutu.

And would throw Patlabor and Planetes at anyone.
>>
>>1060840
Fruits Basket 1000%.
Maybe To Your Eternity.
>>
Bartender
>>
>>1060840
>awkward moments
the shower scene
the crotch grab
>>
>>1060840
yuru camp
>>
>>1060840
Not really an 'awkward' moments in Steins;Gate that I found, but a femboy and catboy are a big part of the show and you might want to avoid that stuff with your mother.
>>
>>1060896
Haven't seen Madoka Magica, but you can't diss the guy who came up with Psycho-Pass (at least the first season)
>>
>>1061058
Watch Kamen Rider Ryuki. Urobuchi takes "a lot" of """"influences"""" for Fate/zero and Madoka.
>>
>>1060840
Buddy Complex if she's okay with subs
>>
>>1060840
most women are too dumb to understand steins gate
>>
MOB PSYCHO 100!
>>
>>1061368
Maybe girls are dumb. But you don't need to be any smart to understand Steins;Gate.
>>
what about girls last tour?
>>
>>1061471
The only thing worth there is the manga.
>>
>>1061368
>hating your own mom just because she's female
Pathetic
>>
>>1060840
>>
>>1061554
I don't hate dumb people, you are projecting
>>
try clannad and clannad after story, women love sappy romance
>>
>>1062181
Probably she'll like it. God that I hate it so much.
>>
>>1062265
its not that bad
i liked it
>>
>>1060840
My mom liked Beaststars.
She may like Vinland Saga, Fullmetal Alchemist, 90s Berserk, Attack On Titan, Durarara!, Baccano!, and Psycho Pass. I also heard good things about Monster.
>>
Odd Taxi
>>
>>1060903
>>1062397
Seconding To Your Eternity, Vinland, Berserk, and Psych-Pass.
Also recommending Your Lie in April and Kids on the Slope.
>>
>>1060840
how close are you with each other? You could watch Ookasan Online together. It's pretty short and can be finished in one day if that's how you watch anime.
>>
>>1060840
>Steins; Gate?
Do not watch that with your mother. You might not remember it if you're due for a rewatch but as someone who just watched it, it spends four or five episodes being a disjointed schizophrenic fever dream before getting good.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.